Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Air beds?

Well the move is occuring this Thursday and we are getting rid of our old bed. Does anyone know of a good airbed that we could use in the mean time that is reasonably priced (We aren't looking for an Aerobed.) until we get back on our feet again? Thanks.

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Somebody....anybody....please!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Airhog
Captain Obvious

the only advice I can give you is don't have sex on it. Those suckers can't take the abuse...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry, but I haven't used anything besides the aerobed. Are you opposed to that particular brand for some reason? Or are you just looking for something completely different?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

Wal-mart has a nice selection of air beds. Not really sure what you're looking for, though.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Lorena
Unregistered

We're not opposed to Aerobeds, it's just that they're a little pricey for us right now. We're looking for an air bed that's good quality but won't break our wallet.

We appreciate the feedback.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Sorry, but I haven't used anything besides the aerobed. Are you opposed to that particular brand for some reason? Or are you just looking for something completely different?

What Dodgerchick said. We are looking for something temporary and I Aerobeds are made to last. Most people use them as permanent beds we don't plan too, so it wouldn't make sense for us to spend that much money on something we will use a maximum of 2 months.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Wal-mart has a nice selection of air beds. Not really sure what you're looking for, though.

Yeah, I saw the Walmart selection, but I don't know which ones are good quality. A number of reviews on Amazon has given some of those poor ratings due to leakage after a few days or weeks. I just want one that can at least hold up a couple of months.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
Franklinnoble
Banned

Two months is darn near permanent, for an airbed. Most Airbeds are designed for intermittent use... maybe a weekend of camping or whatever. You could go with a cheap one, but my guess is you'd be pretty unhappy with it after about a week.

Nice thing about the AeroBed is the attached inflater. They all lose air pressure, pretty much nightly. Having the built in air pump makes it less of a headache as it happens.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #10
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Two months is darn near permanent, for an airbed. Most Airbeds are designed for intermittent use... maybe a weekend of camping or whatever. You could go with a cheap one, but my guess is you'd be pretty unhappy with it after about a week.

Nice thing about the AeroBed is the attached inflater. They all lose air pressure, pretty much nightly. Having the built in air pump makes it less of a headache as it happens.

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I should look into a luxury futon or something.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Agreed. And as someone stated earlier, if you're planning on doing anything on that bed besides sleeping, you're going to do some damage to it so keep that in mind. Feel free to discuss that amongst yourselves though, offline.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
That's what I was afraid of. I guess I should look into a luxury futon or something.

What's wrong with using a futon for a bed?

If you live in a college town, you should be able to get slightly used, slightly smelly furniture for free

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #13
tarcone
Coordinator

go to walmart and pick up one of the double thick air beds...they are awesome. almost like sleeping on a mattress
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #14
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd go for the futon or a thick pile of blankets and/or sleeping bag.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #15
Craptacular
College Starter

We have a Coleman air bed that we bought for camping (yeah, I like to rough it), and have used it a few times for a guest bed. It seems to do the trick, and you should be able to get one at Target or a sporting goods / outdoor store, etc for fairly cheap.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #16
Airhog
Captain Obvious

A futon is 99$ and a good buy for a few months use. I have had mine for 2 years, and it is just at the point of needing a new one

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
Swaggs
Coordinator

Plus, if you get a futon, you can always drop it in one of the kids' rooms when you are done with it and they can use it if they have friends over.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #18
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Thanks people. We just found out they had an Aerobed for $99 at Price Costco for a queen size. So we snatched that pupply right up. But we are still considering a futon for the children, because my son will most likely try to poke it with a pen and my daughter likes to jump up and down on beds. So Ikea may be the next purchase.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
So Ikea may be the next purchase.

Please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Unless you are going to beat IKEA, in which case you might need this thread as a refresher:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=46498
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote