Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FM Dynasty - Hungarian Nights, Balmazújvárosi Days - Now with U.S. Sassuolo

New FM Dynasty?

Hello happy people! I hope that you are having an awesome day today! I really enjoyed the soccer/football matches in the Olympics and I streamed a bunch on Peacock. And I was in a football and FM mode so much that I just spent 7 hours rereading my most recent dynasty at 7 years, which is my longest ever where I started with FC Nitra in Slovakia and played them for four years and moved to Bordeaux in Ligue 1, and I won Slovakia twice and Ligue 1 once in 7 years, and I’ve only had one dynasty around last even six years, so that was pretty cool. I started the last dynasty in August of last year in 2021 and I played 7 years from 8.20.20 to 9.24.20 so a little more than a month. (You can find my last dynasty here - FM - Rise of Slovakia - Nitra's Power - COMPLETE? - Front Office Football Central) That’s been almost a year now, so am I in the head space to play another FM dynasty?

And if I am…what would I be and what would I do?

Here is what I like to do

1. Eastern Europe – One of my favorite things to do is to take a minor team in a top Eastern European flight and then get them to the top and become a major EE power. I did this first with Ukraine, and since then I’ve done the Czech Republic, Greece, Romania, and Slovakia. Am I in the mood to do that again?
2. England Riser - Another challenge I love to do is to take on a lower level English club and then get them promoted over and over again. I’ve done this with Crewe Alexandria, Poole Town, Wrexham, Carlisle, and Yeovil Town. This gives you a recursive problem that you have to overcome over and over again.
3. Smaller Name Big League – A few times I have taken a lesser talent in a big league and then play them. Examples include Nacional da Madeira in Portugal and Cercle Brugge in Belgium.
4. Random – I do like random challenges. I played Mellia a lower level Spanish team in Africa that I promoted to the top flight and won it all. I liked the idea of a winner of a major European league by an African side. I also took on the Basque only challenge of Athletic Bilbao.

What am I feeling this time? Another EE flight? Another promotion? A big league I haven’t played yet like Italy or Holland?

I’m leaning to a new EE team. But which one?

Or I could push myself with something like the byzantine rules of MLS a league I’ve never followed. Asia? South Africa? Argentina? Brazil? Australia? Mexico?

Let’s look at nations that are out there…

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-18-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Serbia – Joins the EU much later in the life span. (I am playing FM 18 as I haven’t liked the UIs of the more recent versions). It would be fun to be playing Serbia when that happens in a few years. 16 teams, 30 games, no more than 4 foreign players, divides into two halves at the end like Romania and Slovakia and plays each other. No thanks.

Austria –
In the EU, 10 teams, 36 games, 7 non EU, it does not divide up. You face the heavies four times each so you need to really bring your game. You have a lot of slots for non EU players, Slovakia just had 5. Bigger league with 1 Champions and 3 EURO quals out of 10 teams.

Slovenia – In the EU, 10 teams, 36 games, 3 non-EU players, 1 Champion, 2 EURO, this would be a big challenge with not that many non-EUs allowed.

Croatia – In the EU, 10 teams, 8 Non-EU, 36 games, 2 EURO quals, less of a challenge with that many Non EUs.

Poland – In the EU, 16 teams, 30 games, byzantine rules

Hungary – In the EU, 12 teams, 33 games, 5 Non EU, about the same challenge level as Slovakia. 3 EURO spots.

Let’s do Hungary!

Now…

Which team of these 12?

Hungarian Division 1 named the Nemzeti Bajnokság I which is nicknamed the NB1 by the locals.

We are in the 2017-2018 year. Let’s take one of the worst teams in the Nemzeti, I check out Wikipedia (2017–18 Nemzeti Bajnokság I - Wikipedia) and we have…

Vasas hitting #12. We’ll take Vasas.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My goals for Balmazújvárosi

Year One
1. Steer clear of relegation. Ideally, finish in the top half of the NB1.
2. Build up the youth team.
3. Turn my squad into a winning squad
Year Two and On –
4. Finish in the EURO top 3 spots.
5. Do some damage in the EURO
6. Win a Cup
7. Win the NB1
8. Get to the Champion’s League.
9. Turn Balmazújvárosi into a powerhouse of Eastern Europe like Red Star, Sparta Prague or Dinamo Kiev.
10. Secure Balmazújvárosi fiscally
11. Get Balmazújvárosi to the point that it will continue it’s dominance after I leave.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-16-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Balmazújvárosi

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-16-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who am I?

Meet Gergely Orban. Hungarian and Serbian, born in Budapest. Favorite formation 3-1-3-1-2, favorite team Vasas. Speaks Romanian. Born Feb 20, 1978.

Born of Serbian in Budapest, Gergely Orban, named after a popular mayor of the city, grew up a big fan of a local team, Vasas. His father worked in the factory of the city and his mother stayed at home and raised 5 children. Gergely was the first born of his parents, and is a double citizen of Hungary and Serbia. He was born to a very competitive family that loved to play games and turn anything into sports and completions such as who did their chores the best. Their father created a sport they would play in the backyard.

Gergely was drawn to sports and loved playing football more than anything else. He wasn’t born than any other kid, but his learned fire was enough to see him take on training and wins in equal measure. He was in several football camps of Vasas and worked his way through their training academy as the 3rd ranked child. He was super happy the day he was given his first official kit on the youth team!

After finishing his youth contract, his lack of natural ability in the sport wasn’t enough to keep him at the top level of Hungarian football, so he signed his first professional deal with a club in the second level of football over at Romania, where he was a backup for three years, and then his contract finished and no one else was kicking in his doors at the age of 21. Realizing that the dream wasn’t there for him, Gergely moved back home to Hungary in Budapest and took up at a local university – the world’s oldest institute of technology: Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BUTE). He graduated from BUTE with a degree in Engineering after four years. He was the first of anyone in his family to go to higher ed. He worked in the field for around 17 months until he was 27. It was a few years after the fall of communism and he could choose his career path, and it wasn’t in Engineering, and he left to pursue his passion, football. While still working he took his coaching license and applied for some local jobs.

He left after being hired as a youth coach as Vasas which liked that he came through their youth system and just passed his first coach exam on the first try. After a few years and more tests he was promoted to the assistant coach of the youth team. And then after another couple of years and some months ebbed away the youth coach left and he was promoted again. They did very well in their youth matches under Orban, and played well against heavies. Then the Assistant Manager of the senior team left at the end of the season and retired. A major player retired and they gave the major player the youth team and promoted Orban to Asst. Coach of the main squad where competitive nature inspired the senior squad. That was 2015. When the manager of Vasas left for another job in Hungary the board decided to promote Orban again from within and he took over the Manager role for the first time.

Continental Pro Level of License

Good at training mental, youngsters, tactical, technical, defending

Great at motivating, good at man management and discipline

Old 08-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Actually, do I want Vasas? They finished 3rd last year! Maybe I should do Balmazújvárosi FC instead? They were just promoted from NB2. I am switching over to Balmazújvárosi FC. Same coach, same background, different place of birth. I'll call them Balmaz for short.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:42 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hungary NB1

Get used to these team names!

Old 08-08-2021, 05:14 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are a recent team founded in 2011. No trophies in the case. They didn’t even with the NB2 last year they came in 2nd. Our report

This is a big task!

Old 08-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s start with our players

I have a huge 32 member senior squad. I have three key players and 7 first team and 3 rotation and 14 backups (wow!) and 4 hot prospects and 1 youngster. We have one FB DR loaner from Debrecen.

I’ll be running a 3-1-3-1-2 setup.

GK

Our GK is first team, 31 years old, and cheap, but not where I want, despite the three stars, low one on ones, just a 12 reflexes, not great aeriel reach I really will be looking to upgrade Pogacsics. I have two backups.

DC

I have four DCs only, and László Tamas, Bence Jagodics and Krisztián Póti are backups with 2.5 star ratings, which is fine for now. I also have Adrian Rus, a Romanian Hot prospect. I have another Romanian hot prospect named Norbert Bodis who is DC/DMC with a 2 rating. We have no first team or squad rotation DCs

I have a transfer kitty of 160k, and I add it to my salary and raise my salary by 2.2k per week.

I transfer list my one FB and 1 backup DC that I am paying the most too. That’s Tamas. I cancel my loanee as we are paying him 140/week. We were already a 3 DC team it looks like.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ST

We have two starting in my team. I have 4 pure ST, and 5 middles that I can play it as well.

Here is my key player at St. Dude is 35 but is a 4 star player so I don’t want to transfer list him, but he’s just an 11 finishing. Note that he is a target man with a support role so if I give him next to an attacking forward we should be good. He’s physically gifted, French, and fine mentally although weak technically. I don’t like his 12 heading and jump. He’s also, by far, my most expensive player by almost double. Do I want to transfer list him

Here’s another key player on my team, and the 23 year old Georgian is a 4 star rating and an advanced forward. He’s also a cheap key player with just a 475/week deal. I like him a lot save for his lack of pace. Having two key players as a ST team with 4 stars shows nicely.

Here is my first team ST Rudolf, with another cheap contract and a 3.5 star rating. He can be a trequarista. I probably inherited a 3/4/3 team with three pure STs with first team or key player roles. Rudolf is 32 and not long for the team either. Do I want to transfer list one of these? Or do I want to move Rudolf to rotation?

I have a 3 star backup, Ádám Fekete, who is transfer listed already.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DMC

I have 5 players on my squad with a DM/M C role only.

Here is my first team Batarelo, who is a ball winning DMC that is also 4 stars, but with 10 passing and just 10 marking, I’m not seeing a lot of technical ability. 32 years old means he won’t be my all star. I’l start him at DMC.

DM/MC Dávid Siger is a 3.5 star rotation who prefers DMC, backups, Mark Konya is 2.5, and we have another rotation who prefers DMC that I might like more than Batarelo

This is the recently signed 20 year old Haris, and as you can see, he’s a better player technically and a better passing, and better heading, jump, and worse but fine mentally and looks like he has room to grow. Haris or Batarelo?

I move Siger to backup and transfer list Konya.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:42 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

MC

This 28 year old MC counts as one of my foreign players, and is another Georgian. 3.5 stars low passing and technical. Not what I want right now. I transfer list him since he’s a valuable nonEU spot and not dominant like his fellow Georgian at ST. I start him for now

Old 08-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

AMC

I have two players who play MC/AMC, one is a youngster and the other a 2 star hot prospect. I start the hot prospect – Romanian Carlo Erdei, but we need another AMC badly.

Mr

He counts as a valuable foreign player slot. This 28 year old Ukrainian is a four star player and I really want a high cross and pass and we don’t have that, and his dribb is just a 4, but hey, I’ll start him right now.

ML

Sandor Vaida is another Ukraine, 3 star, rotation, who is fine for now. 25 years old, and 200/week, he’s my ML for now.

I transfer list some backups.

I have a key player who can only play AML, and I transfer list him.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2021 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:02 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My current starters:

GK Pogacsics – Fine, not special
DC Poti, Rus, Jagodics – all need replaced
DMC Batarelo or Haris, deep
MC Maisuradze – transfer listed needs replaced
ML Vaida – Fine, on my short list
MR Gabovda – Good, not looking for a replacement
AMC Erdei – Needs replaced now
ST Coulibaly, Arabuli – 4 stars, deep STs,

I really need 3 DCs, MC, AMC, maybe a stud GK or ML.

I go shopping

Old 08-08-2021, 10:49 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My first target is a great AMC. I approach 30 year old Slovakian unsigned Tomas Dubek and he wants a key player role.

How about a bunch of DCs?

I make an offer to Hungarian DC Gábor Kovács.

I am rejected by 20 year old Dutch youth Joep van de Rande.

I offer a 700/week key player offer to French 33 year old DC Rémi Fournier.

I make an 850/week rotation to Czech DC Stepan Kucera.

Now how about MC?

How about German Mario Pokar? He’s not interested. Neither is Austrian youther Rick Holubec. Bernard Stjepanovic? Okay, that works

I offer some hot prospect deals.

The big ones are:

15 year old Czech AMR David Cerny
15 year old Portuguese DM Tiago Leal
15 year old German/Polish DM/AMC Jakub Baranowski
16 year old Spanish MC José Vicente Parra
18 year old Romanian ST Gabriel Dodoi

I hit the continue button

Old 08-08-2021, 11:22 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I accept two offers.

I check out my staff

I have two open coaching roles and 3 scouts. I make offers to…

I place an advert for my Head of Youth Development

I need an attacking/shooting coach. I make an offer to Bojan Brajkovic, a Serbian coach for 210/week.

Bojan Brajkovic signs.

Any Stud GKs I want to chase?

Vukasin Poleksic is a starter for the Montenegrin team. Let’s hold off until my offers have happened.

Dubek signs

I sign a bunch of hot prospects.

I have my first press conference

Fournier accepts our offer

Kucera signs

I transfer three players

Old 08-08-2021, 11:32 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June

June 17 – Friendly vs Jászberény
June 24 - MFK Zemplin Michalovce

Bernard Stjepanovic signs with us

Vincente joins us on the 5th

He looks like he might be a Wonderkid with that work rate and 15 years old. I like his potential a lot.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:52 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Preseason Begins on the 12th.

I introduce myself to the squad. I link up three partners.

Mihály Szűcs is my offer for the Head of Youth Development

On June 15th the domestic transfer window lifts

I sign some youthers and these players

DC Kovacs

Here is my new starter at the DC spot! 3.5 stars is a big improvement over my 2.5 ones.

AMC Dubek

Here’s my stud 4 star AMC to go along with my other players of value in the attack. I have him for just 2 years and he’s a temporary patch.

MC Stjepanovic

Here’s my new Slovenian MC with a 3.5 star rating and an EU nationality, and a solid entrant with a 14 pass, and a solid set of stats. Just two years for the 28 year old patch.

Cerny signed but he’s just an AMR so I’ll skip him for now.

DM/AM C Baranowski

Old 08-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We sign our new staffer

Friendly #1 – We…tie 1:1

Friendly #2 – We lose 0:1

I confirm my ground size.

I hire scout Raffaele Rubino from Italy and Gee Evans from Scotland.

The end of June arrives

Old 08-09-2021, 12:06 AM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Expiring deals next year.

I won’t sign any

Old 08-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July

July 1 – Friendly vs Ludogorets
July 5 – Friendly vs CS Concordia Chiajna
July 10- Friendly vs Dioni
July 15 – Away vs Mezőkövesdi SE
July 22 – Home vs Puskás Ferenc Labdarúgó Akadémia
July 29 – Away vs Diosd

Ready for beginning our Hungarian Journey?

The 2022 World Cup is moved to Australia

Joining us are Dodoi, Kucera, Fournier and a hot prospect

DC Fournier

As you can see, Fournier is here for two years and is French, and 33 years old and brings a 3.5 star rating to the table. Welcome Fournier!

DC Kucera

Kucera is a stopgap measure for a year and just 2.5 stars, and will start for me over my current team. He’s pretty good technically but slow.

I offer some backup DCs for sale.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:33 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I reoffer my players that were rejected for 0 cash. I accept an offer for one.

Friendly #3 – We win 1-0

I accept a loan offer for Dodoi.

Our expectations this year are to avoid relegation and make the 4th round of the cup.

Friendly #4 – We lose 1-2

Old 08-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #24
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Sweet... I'll be following along!
Old 08-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I offer a Trial to a ST Caribbean international named Dexter Blackstock he rejects it

I sell three players for nothing. I just want to cut salary.

I choose my Captain and Vice Captain they are – Gabor Kovacs vice captain and Siger captain stays with his 16 leadership.

I loan Dodoi within Hungary.

Friendly #5 – We win 6-2

I massage my tactics and set pieces.

Fornier is my stopper, the other DCs have defend roles.

I am starting DMC Batarelo and giving him a Ball Winning role.

MC - Bernard Stjepanovic is getting a Deep lying playmaker role

AMC Dubek is a trequartisa

MR Gabovda is a winger,support as is Vaida on the ML spot

ST Couilibaly, target man support; ST Arabuli is an advanced forward.

Dubek is best set piece for corners and ifks and dfks

Ready?

I sell another player for free. I still am over budget.

I reject a loan offer for my captain

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-09-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Sweet... I'll be following along!

Welcome!

Old 08-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB Game #1 – Away vs Mezőkövesdi SE – Ready for our first game with the team? Let’s do it! I begin countering since we are on the road. It’s a quick and quiet early 10 minutes.In the 16th minute off a counter Arabuli scores! Want to see our first goal and in the NB1?

Here you go! He jumped on a rebound from an on target long shot by Dubek. Normally I bring in a stud young youth, but here I may have inherited it with Arabuli, we’ll see. Arabuli to his ST Partner in the 26th minute. Here they come. I don’t like the ugly all white unis. Arabuli to Kovacs, in a corner kick that bounced around the box, extra time. Half. Don’t get complacent! I pull Gabovda for Centeno. I pull my MC for my Spanish stud youth. Rudolf for Arabuli after he is banged around. They score a goal in the 78th. Four minutes of added time and we hold and win 3-1. Want to see my first game and win?

Here you go! Nice win! MOM is Arabuli. Jose Vincente whom we gave a late game too is the youngest player in the history of the NB1 to play! Arabuli had a great debut! Coulibaly scored in his debut as well.

Old 08-09-2021, 05:45 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have sold a mighty 300 season tickets! Our city is around 20k strong… so that’s 1.5% of the population!

Kovacs and Arabuli are in the team of the week.

My primary backup GK is out for a few weeks.

I loan Siger

NB1 Game #2 – Home vs Akademia - I begin standarding. I like their pretty blue and greens. Dubek I is banged around and I pull him for youther Baranowski. Quiet half. We have just 3 shots to their 5, none on target. Win this match! Centeno for Vaida. Poti for Kovacs. Baranowski to Arabuli in the 76th for goal! An assist in his debut! Baretalo a late card. Can we hold? Three minutes and… they score in the 92:59 spot and we finish tied 1-1.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I loan Siger and they’ll cover his salary.

I name Dubek vice captains and move Kovacs to captain

Another player leaves – another 240/week saved

I need a better winger backup than Centeno. I search to see who is available. I scout up Alex Pérez from Toledo and Ossama Zamouri from Telstar, both backups on the B Squad. Both are young enough to be hot prospects.

NB Game #3 – Away vs Honved – I begin countering – I like these striped black and red kits that Honved is wearing. In the 5th minute Arabuli gets a nice pass from Gabovda and drives the flank and crosses to Coulibaly for a goal. Nice assist by my stud. Love their tag team results thus far, although it’s early days. Dubek finds Arabuli on a nasty counter in the 6th minute! These are going poorly for our foes. We have a goal in the 11th waived offsides. They score us back in the 16th. They score off a corner in the 27th. 2-2. Dubek to Coulibaly, 34th. Well this game ain’t boring! They score in the 42nd and it; 3-3. Half. Win this game! They have 8 shots on target to our 3. Poti for Kovacs. I pull Batarello for Haris after he gets a card. We injure one of their players. Centano for Vaida. They score a long shot in the 85th. Can I pull a late equalizer like Akademia did last week? Five minutes. Nope. Not a good loss.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:44 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August

August 5 – Home vs Debracen
August 12 – Away vs Ujpest
August 19 – Home vs Paksi
August 26 – Away vs Paladas

Good training - Baranowski

Dubek and Coulibaly in Team of Week

Coulibaly in 2nd Place Goal of the Month

I move Haris to start at DMC.

I sell two more – I save 180 and 140

NB1 Game #4 – Home vs Debrecen - They are a powerhouse but aren’t starting well. I start standarding. They score in the 11th minute. They score again two minutes later. Uh oh. They score again at the 16th minute. Uh oh. Well we woke up the beast. Half. Show me something else! Poti for Kucera. In the 64th they foul Coulibaly in the box and Dubek steps up and…sinks it. We won’t get shut out! Rudolf for Coulibaly. Centeno for Vaida. In the 80th, Arabuli intercepts the ball and sinks it and we are just down by 1! Can we net a score to get a point? Three minutes and…they score in extra time. We lose 4-2. We had 19 shots and 7 on target to their 17 and 4.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Do I need a new GK? We’ve allowed 10 goals in 4 games. Debrecen is a heavy and Honved won the NB1 last year so let’s hold off for now.

We draw Putnok in what they call the Magyar Kupa.

Kucera is injured for two weeks and Poti will start for him

I post an advert for Chief Scout

I lose another player and there goes 525/week

NB Game #5 – Away vs Ujpest – I begin countering. We need to come back and get some points. We’re in these fun orange and white kits! Hopefully they’ll be a good luck charm. They score in the 12th but it’s offsides. Half. Quiet, each one shot on target. Dig down a win this one! In the 48th, Arabuli feeds Coulibaly for a header that rebounded off the crossbar and he put away the rebound. We are up 1-0. We have a lot of dominance. No goals though. I send in Cerny the youth for Gabovda. Tomas for Poti. They score in the 78th. Rudolf for Arabuli. Can we get a win? They injure Cerny in the box in eh 88th minute and up steps Dubek and…he scores! Can we hold? We’ve allowed extra time scores 2x in four game. They get a late card. We win 2-1! MOM is on their team.

Good win! Well it was sloppy and needed a PK but I’ll still take it right now!

Old 08-09-2021, 08:11 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I swap Haris out of DMC for Baratelo.

NB1 Game #6 – Home vs Paksi – I begin standard. Our early attack in the 5th is turned aside, and we turn aside a counter in the 14th. Then nothing. Half. Rudolf for Coulibaly. Centeno for Vaida. A card for Baratelo and I send in Baranowski for him. Dubek to DC Fournier on an IFK in the 89th minute! Can we hold on for our first shut out? 5 minutes. Here they come. We hold and win! MOM is Fournier!

Kucera is back from his injury

Old 08-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wanna see the league table after 6?

After back to back wins due to set piece goals we are in 6th.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to Tim Davies, England and Wales, to be my Chief Scout.

5 players are called up for international play

Davies signs.

NB1 Game #7 – Away vs Haladas – I begin countering against the relegation favorite. They score in the 4th minute. They score in the 10th. We injure one of their players. Back and forth no scores. Half. Show me something else! They don’t 48th minute they score again. Quiet 10 minutes. At the 60th minute we have 8 shots on target to their 4. Poti for Kovacs, Rudolf for Coulibaly, Rudolf crosses to Arabuli for score in the 77th. We still haven’t been shut out. Baranowski for Dubek. They score in the 87th. We lose 4-1. Yuck. Were we unlucky? We finished with 18 shots, 10 on target to their 14 and 6. We chose to play the wrong relegation favorite!

Old 08-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Is it time to hunt down a new GK? The open signing season ends in a few days.

I offer hot prospect deals to the two middies that I am scouting.

They both sign in two days from now. Which one is going to be my new sub for ML and MR?

Perez – 3 star, better on the ML than the MR, Spanish, 19, potential 4 star. Has just 12 cross and 11 pass.

Zamouri – 20 years old Dutch and Moroccan, 2.5 star rating, can play RLC M and AM, and best role is MR and winger, 11 cross, 12 pass, 4 star potential.

I swap Perez and Zamouri for Centeno and Racz. I offer Racz for sale.

I sell Racz the next day – that frees 200

Am I chasing a GK?

I sell ST Fekete and free up 650

I look for a better GK. Anyone interested in coming over?

French GK Anthony Scribe? 29 years old

Montenegrin GK Vukasin Poleksic? 34 years old

I make an offer to Scribe as I have fellow French starters Coulibaly and Fournier. He’s buried deep in the French leagues.

I swap Poti and Kucera.

Anthony Scribe signs!

I offer my starter for sale. I sell him for nothing.

Here’s my new starter!

As you can see I have Scribe for two years and he is much better with a four star rating and a solid body! I like him a lot for this level, and my hope is that with him leading my team we won’t have any major issues at the back anymore. I have Scribe for two year and just 850/week.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:30 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Transfer Day is here. I get a loan offer for Rus and I take it.

I sell another player and free up 210.

Rus heads out for his loan back to Romania.

I sign unsigned Czech 15 year old DC to a hot prospect deal - Ondrej Novak – He’s raw with a 1 star but 15 work rate and 4 star potential.

The transfer deadline passes.

September

Sept 9 – Away vs Ferencvaros
Sept 16 – Home vs Videoton
Sept 20 – Magyar 1st Round – Away vs Putnok
Sept 23 – Home vs Diósgyőri Vasgyárak Testgyakorló Köre (DVTK)
Sept 30 – Away vs…VASAS!

Good training – Vicente, Baranowski, Cerny

NB1 Game #8 – Away vs Ferencvaros – I begin countering. They are the #1 team on the table right now. Scribe blocks an on target shot in the 0:43 moment. Nice! They score in the 15th. They score again 4 minutes later. They score again in the 30th. They get a card. Half. They get another card. Vaida crosses t to Arabuli in the 59th minute and we have scored. We still haven’t been shut out. I send in Vicente at MC. Kucera for Kovacs. They score again in the 78th. I send in Haris. They score in extra time. We lose 5-1.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-09-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #9 – Home vs Videoton – I begin our home game standard. We are ranked 7th after a few losses safely mid table. Nothing to lose today!!!!!! They push aside our early advance. At the 20th minute they have 5 shots to our 2. Half. Keep it up! Kovacs a card and Kucera heads in. Batarello a card and Haris heads in. Vaida feeds Coulibaly on a counter and scores in the 75th minute! Can we hold onto the win? I pull back to counter. They score two minutes later. Ah well. Can we win? Bodis for Poti. Kucera with a card. 4 minutes. We stole that tie. They finished with 23 shots and 9 on target. That’s more of what I was expecting when I signed Scribe. Well done lads!

Old 08-09-2021, 10:04 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That tie dropped us to 8th.

Magyar Kupa Round 1 – Away vs Putnok – I begin countering. Dubek sinks a DFK in the 2nd minute. They score in the 5th off a counter. They score in the 9th minute. Vaida to Arabuli on an attacking run I the 24th. Arabuli drives the corner and crosses to Coulibaly for a score in the 43rd. Half. Don’t get complacent! Kucera for Poti. Zamouri at the MR spot. Vicente at the MC spot. Fournier a card. Zamouri to Vicente a goal in the 91st minute. That’s an assist on his debut and Vicente’s first goal! We win 4-2 MOM is Arabuli!

Old 08-09-2021, 10:19 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hand out rests.

We draw Kazincbarcikai in the 2nd round

NB1 Game #10 – Home vs DVTK – I begin this match with a standard sensation. It’s driving rain. A quiet 13 minutes elapses before any shots are taken and then it’s 1 each by the 17th minute. They score in the 39th off the crossbar. Half. Show me something else! They score again in the 55th. I send in Rudolf and Zamouri. They score in the 76th. Perez for a banged up Vaida. They score in the 82nd, and hopefully we will score one so we won’t get shut out. We are shut out. They had 5 shots on target and we let through 4 of them.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I start Haris.

NB1 Game #11 – Away vs Vasas – The battle of the team I was playing and the one that I am playing! I am moving from countering when I am away too defensive. We are giving up too many shots. On a counter Coulibaly feeds Bernard for goal! That’s his first for us. In the 19th minute Vaida is booked and I send in Perez for him. Here they come. We injure one of their players. A goal by me waived offsides in the 28th, They score in the 43rd. Haris is booked and I send in Batarello. Half, 1-1. Dig in! They come hard again. We hold. Kucera for Poti. Arabuli is found on a counter from Ducek and he crosses to Coulibaly for goal in the 79th. Can we hold? We give many late goals. Another attack comes. They score in the 87th minute to retie it. They score off a counter in the 90th. 5 minutes. Can we steal it back? Nope. We haven’t scored in extra time yet. We lose 3-2.

Here’s the league after 11 games and the 1/3rd mark:

We have 11 points in 11 games and have dropped to 9th. We are pretty far back from Vasas after they defeated us.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:19 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October

Oct 14 – Home vs Mezőkövesdi SE
Oct 21 – Home vs Honved
Oct 25 – Magyar Round 2 – Away vs Kazincbarcikai Sport Club
Oct 28 – Away vs Akademia

Good training – Cerny, Leal, Baranowski

I move Batarelo to start and Kucera for Poti. Kucera’s rating is 6.55 and Poti’s is 6.24.

My board have dropped our transfer amount from 50% of the sale to 25%

Bence Marki is too old for U19 and I move him up to my senior squad and offer him for loan. No offers.

I transfer list my youngster.

NB1 Game #12 – Home vs Mezőkövesdi – I begin standard. This is the 12th team in the NB1. For the fans! Get ready!

Goals

13th Minute – Coulibaly, cross from Vaida to his head – 1-0 us
24th Minute – Drive down the middle, Dubek from Gabovda, 2-0 us.
HALF
54th Minute – Dubek intercepts the ball, feeds Vaida on a counter who hits Coulibaly for goal. 3-0 us
Our foe has us right where they want us, right?
64th Minute – Dubek feeds Gabovda for goal, his first – 4-0 us
74th Minute – Dubek on a corner hits Coulibaly for goal – 5-0 us

We won a game in a real fashion! Now why can’t we win all of our games like that?

Old 08-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and MOM was obviously Coulibaly. That’s our first win in 5 games. And the first shutout of my new GK.

One of my backup GK wants to leave as they want to chase first team ball. I offer them for sale. No sale offers but we get around 5 loan offers and I accept them.

NB1 Game #13 – Home vs Honved – They are a heavy, I begin countering. After our last few big losses I respect them too much. They are starting three injured players. Early pressure by them. They score in the 11th. By the 30th we each have 4 shots on target. They score in the 33rd. Half. Show me something else! They do! Vaida is fed an attack run by Bernard and slides the ball to Coulibaly in the 49th to bring us one down 1-2. Poti for Kucera. Zamouri for Gabovda. Bodis for Kovacs. Can we steal a goal? 82nd minute, Dubek finds Arabuli on an attack run for goal and we have tied it 2-2. Can we get a result against the league winner last year? 4 minutes. They score in the 92nd. We just can’t find a way to hold on! We finished with 9 shots on target to their 6. We have to stop giving up games late.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:54 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rudolf has dropped to a 2.5 star ST.

I extend Coulibaly until the end of the year from this December. I am paying him an extra 100/week

Magyar Kupa Round #2 – Away vs Kazincbarcikai Sport Club – I begin countering. Have fun! I came back to win the first Kupa Round. Vaida scores off a corner kick that fell into the box in the 27th minute. Quiet- Half. Don’t get complacent! Vicente heads in for Bernard. Baranowski for Baratelo. Kovacs a card, and then Poti heads in. Can we hold on? 5 minutes of added time and… we hold and win 1-0. MOM is Vaida.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hand out rests

We draw…Honved. Uh oh.

NB1 Game #14 – Away vs Akademia – I begin defensively rather than countering as again, I am moving my strategy one more defensive than normal given our tendency to sieve goals. I think Akademia have the best name in the NB1. For the Fans! We’ve got to get professional and stop giving up games later. They get a yellow card in the 3rd minute. They score in the 14th. They have 8 shots and 6 on target so just one is fine. They score in the 33rd. At the half they have 17 shots to our 0. Show me something else! They get another card. Rudolf for Coulibaly, Poti for Kovacs, Perez for Vaida, Can we at least get a score to keep from the shutout? 4 minutes. They shut us out 0-2. That’s our blank of the season. Unlike other games were we look good statically, this one we were just outplayed.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:29 AM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 4 – Away vs Debrecen
Nov 18 – Away vs Paksi
Nov 25 – Home vs Ujpest
Nov 28 – Magyar Kupa 3rd Round Away vs Honved

Good training- Vicente, Cerny, Baranowski

4 called up

NB1 Game #15 – Away vs Debrecen - We begin defending. We haven’t played up to good foes in a single game. Can this be it? Can we steal a point from the heavy? Prove the point!! They turn aside our early momentum. They get a yellow I the 6th minute. We have 3 shots on target by the 15th. In the 20th they get a red card! I do my 11-10 tactics. By the 35th we have 10 shots and 6 on target. Half. Get that result!!! Poti for Kovacs. Cerny at MR. Rudolf for Coulibaly. Three minutes. Game. They stopped 12 on target shots! We tied 0-0

Old 08-10-2021, 12:49 AM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 15 points in 15 games. Rough.

NB1 Game #16 – Away vs Paksi – I begin defending here as well. They are 11th in the league. Good luck!! No shots in the first 16:53. We give away a PK in the 27th and they sink it. They score in the 43rd. Half. Show me something else! Kovacs to Kucera on a corner kick score in the 47th. We crawl one back. Rudolf for Coulibaly, Baranowski for Baratelo, Perez for Vaida, they score in the 80th, the whole point of going defensive is to stop the pain and we just got hammered by the 11th team in the league, ion a 19 shot 9 on target day for them.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #17 – Home vs Ujpest – They are 11th in the league. I begin countering.Can we get the result we lacked last game? I was called away for duty but we won 3-1, goals by Bernard, Arabuli and Arabuli. Good game!

Old 08-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dodoi scored a hat trick. Batarelo hits his card count and I start Haris.

Magyar Kupa – 3rd Round – Away vs heavy Honved- I begin defensively. Good luck! Can we pull the upset away? Arabuli leaps on a loose ball in the box, feeds Coulibaly for goal in the 5:37 moment. This score won’t stand. They are playing two injured players. They score in the 12th. Ah well, that is happening again. They score in the 20th. They block our PK in the 33rd. They have a sub. Half. Show me something else! They don’t, our foe scores in the 47th. They score in the 56th. I send in Rudolf. Zamouri. Perez. They score in the 87th. We lose 5-1. Wow. Well that cup is time for night night.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:13 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head to the board and get permission to raise our coach count by one. I make an offer to a nice attacker. I make an offer to Portuguese and Mozambique coach Fernando Brassard. He’s not interested. What about Nigerian Englander Dele Adebola? He joins us a few days later. He has a 4 star attacking training and is the best on our roster.

Can I get permission to increase our scouting staff. We don’t have a data analyst. They approve. Who do I like? I make an offer to Romanian Dele Adebola.

Can I get them to improve our training facilities? They agree! They will upgrade the training facilites and finish in October of 2018.

How about youth?

Thanks board!

Old 08-10-2021, 05:46 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

Dec 2 – Home vs Haladas
Dec 9 – Away vs Videoton

Good training - Cerny, Baranowski, Vicente

Scribe has dropped to a 3.5 rating.

We sign our data analyst!

NB1 #18 – Home vs 6th place Haladas – I begin countering. Can I win two in a row in league play? Busy early ten minutes. Then things die down and are quiet. Half. All even! Keep playing and the result will come! They score in the 47th. They grab a yellow. Poti for Kucera. Haris pounces on a loose ball in a corner kick in the 66th minute to tie it back up. That’s his first goal of the season. We won’t be shut out. Baranowski for Dubek. Coulibaly feeds Arabuli on a break away and we go one up in the 75th minute. They have us right where they want us. We don’t close often from a winning place.s Vicente for Bernard. Here they come. They get a late card. 5 minutes. Haris a late card. We win!

Want to see our 2nd NB1 win in a row? Against the 6th placed team rather than 11th or 12th?

Sure thing! Haris is MOM.