Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Tim Tellean
High School JV

APBA leaving Lancaster, Pa after 60 years

Posted on the APBA website.
Quote:
July 28, 2011
APBA Fans,
For almost 60 years APBA has been based in the Lancaster area. After a lot of consideration and soul
searching, APBA will be relocating to Alpharetta Georgia during the month of August. During this
relocation, there will be few days when APBA is unable to take orders or ship products. As the
relocation plan is finalized, we will share those dates. This was a hard decision to make but I believe it
is necessary.
There will be a subsequent letter discussing the details of the transition.
There will be a warehouse sale of card products. Please check out the specifics at APBAGames.com.
There are two other things I want to discuss. Unfortunately, but not unexpected, the new printer is
having issues programming the baseball cards. The issue is that the result numbers on the cards do
not line up in the APBA format. The printer is working with Kodak’s programmers to resolve this issue.
With this delay, the 1960 and 1964 seasons will not be shipping the week of August 2nd. This is
disappointing but APBA remains committed to digital printing and just-in time inventory management.
With the relocation to the Georgia, I need to know where do you want have the 2012 Convention. We
will set-up a discussion on the forum for your replies.
I know this is a big change for APBA. This decision is four years in the making. Only the location has
changed not the commitment to customer service or quality products.
I would like to thank all of the APBA team for their years of services and contributions especially in the
dark difficult days when baseball cards were not issued until the following summer. I also want to thank
the APBA community for its support.
Regards,
John Herson
CEO, APBA Games

Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote