Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #4651
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just got this e-mail, seems interesting enough but I doubt I'll go back unless more FOFC'ers join up.

Quote:
we have just updated The West to another version – now there are several new features waiting for you. And you can test them all on our new world: Arizona.

The more or less peaceful atmosphere in The West is all over. Bandits have entered the area. You will be able to fight against them in the duel menu. Bandits are NPC’S (Non Playable Characters), but they are at least as dangerous as real Players. In case you do not find suitable opponents for a duel, you can now challenge the bandits and make your town’s streets safer. You can generate five bandits, which will change every half an hour. Their strength will differ and they will have varied skills, so that you can figure out, which character would be the best to challenge. After you have beaten a character and after a short period of time a new NPC, with a different strength level, will appear. We are sure that this innovation will ensure more fun with the dueling system for you.

A second improvement is the possibility to invite foreign cities in your own city forum, for example to discuss strategic alliances. You will be able to start surveys in your city forums, too. So it will be easier to illustrate the opinion of all inhabitants.

Just on new worlds there will be a change in the working times. One hour jobs will be as effective as a two hours job and the two hours job will be removed. As a result the working queue will be extended to three entries for normal users and eight for premium.

Have a great time with the new features in The West.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #4652
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm still playing the game, on Worlds 8, 11, and 12. The fort fighting stuff has made the game quite a bit more interesting for me. Gramm is also still around on 8; we're in the same town. I'm up to #21 in the dueler rankings on World 8 where we all played, but that is due (to a large extent) to attrition of long-time players. World 8 is not a particularly vibrant world these days.

The new world (13) is named Arizona and it opened today. It has some extra premium features but I don't think any of the FOFC folks were on premium.

If some FOFC folks would like to take the plunge on the new world I would sign up. Otherwise, I had planned on sitting it out as three worlds is more than enough of a time-suck for me already.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #4653
Professor58
H.S. Freshman Team

If anyone would like to take over the town of Troutville, I would like to leave and do some shopping, but don't want to lose the town.

OOTP: AFBL : Ohio
OOTP: CBL : London
OOTP : NPBL : California
OOTP : WBA : Los Angeles
Professor58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #4654
hoopsguy
General Manager

Prof, send out invites to me (in game = hoopsguy) and Gramm (Milkman Gramm) and one of us should be able to cover it for you.

It will take me a little over a day to be able to join another town if you want/need me to do it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #4655
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, Prof. I will cover the town for you if you want to go shop.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #4656
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I was thinking about trying the new world to see what is up with the different features. Just have not decided yet.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #4657
Professor58
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I was thinking about trying the new world to see what is up with the different features. Just have not decided yet.

I'm trying the new world, but unsure as they are really pushing the nuggets to get paying customers as you can buy levels.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #4658
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There is a new major release of the game, which has added a ton of stuff. Not sure if anyone else is interested. I'm still keeping El Dolado-FOFC alive in World 8. If there are folks looking to jump back in, lemme know and I can add you to the town.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 01-10-2011 at 02:40 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #4659
Professor58
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
There is a new major release of the game, which has added a ton of stuff. Not sure if anyone else is interested. I'm still keeping El Dolado-FOFC alive in World 8. If there are folks looking to jump back in, lemme know and I can add you to the town.

Still keeping Troutville alive as well.