Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #151
RendeR
Coordinator

heh, I called him a noob as if I have SOOO much more exprience, god I suck =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #152
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I'll be back, just need a 3rd goalie, so I've got an offer out there
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #153
bbor
Pro Starter

In...with my shot blockers team.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #154
RendeR
Coordinator

kewl so we're at 8 once Sub-ryth gets back in, looking good!

not sure whats wrong with my River rats team, I'm in a 15 tem league with them and I'm getting my ass handed to me almost every game, I think I've won twice thus far...
Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #155
samifan24
Pro Starter

Where is Pumpy's team? I thought he created one?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #156
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I'm in...pulls us to 8
Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #157
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, rookie scrub team added to get us to 9 (mine, I'm testing a signing and FA theory with this team)

Anyone want to add a second squad or have a friend they want to bring in to get us going?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #158
RendeR
Coordinator

League is FULL, season 2 of the FOFCHL is underway!!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #159
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Played my first 2 games this morning- winning 8-1, then losing 5-0.
Ugh.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #160
samifan24
Pro Starter

Who owns the last couple of teams in? I don't recognize the usernames.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #161
RendeR
Coordinator

The last team in is someone from metroho-public, don;t know him personally. The Titanics are mine.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #162
samifan24
Pro Starter

Does anyone else think the scoring has gone way up? The last two days my team has won games by scores of 8-3 and and 7-3 and lost one 7-6. To my eye, the scoring and injuries have both been turned way up recently.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #163
RendeR
Coordinator

Scoring yes, its definitely up from last season, but injuries? no, can't say as I've seen that at all. I've had one injury between 3 teams thus far in the different leagues they're in.

I have to say though that the Titanics truly suck. 0 for Home thus far this season. how awful is that??

Bengals are starting their mid season slide, I guess its the city that does it, the Sabres are the same way....
Old 09-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #164
samifan24
Pro Starter

Well, another season down. Congrats to Travis and his Knights on another Metro Cup! I had fun and thought my team was still competitive despite the fact that I didn't sign up as a supporter or pay for those extra drills. What did everyone think of their year?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #165
RendeR
Coordinator

THe Buffalo Bengals made the playoffs, barely, after leading the league for the first half of the season they fell apart down the stretch yet again. I don't know what I have to do differently. They blow people away early on but can't beat teh worst teams late.

My other teams were literally cellar dwellars. I'm trying to build the Titanics through drafting and FA, I only kept about 2/3 of my original players.

The River Rats have really great players but just can't seem to win consistantly. We have one streak each season of 5-6 wins straight but other than that they play .250 hockey at best.

I really dunno what to do with any of them. Are their specifics about the different player types that you need on your team to win? I know you need a decent playmaker or 3, and snipers are pretty much a requirement, but what other forwards are really crucial?

On defense does the style of defenseman really make a lot of difference?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #166
Travis
Pro Rookie

Does anybody currently have an account on the go to create a league or should we all just try and jump into a public league together? I think Blade is taking a season off (he's going to be in Europe for 3 weeks here pretty quick).

I'm still thinking my success to this point was more luck of the draw than anything (most of my best players when the team was generated were all 24 or younger), but more than anything it really does seem to come down to having a highly rated goalie. My guy went into shutdown mode down the stretch and in the playoffs but prior to that it seemed like no line changes I was making made all that much difference.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #167
RendeR
Coordinator

I Paid the 6 bucks for the last one =)
Old 09-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #168
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I Paid the 6 bucks for the last one =)

I don't mind picking up the tab for next season if nobody else has an active one right now if we're going to have enough teams. If we're down too many though I'd prefer to go the public league route rather than waiting a while to get enough teams to fill up a private league though.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #169
bbor
Pro Starter

i'm in again.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #170
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'll play again, too. Maybe we should go to a public league this time, though, to encourage active participation from all players.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #171
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm ready and waitingand have the extra dregs to throw in as needed.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #172
Blade
College Prospect

Yah, as Travis said, I am off to Europe for a few weeks, so I will catch up after this season...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #173
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I think I am sitting out...I really lost interest this season. Crazy shit at home and work didn't help, and I ended up autosimming a good number of my games.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #174
RendeR
Coordinator

heh , I autosim 90% of my games for the simple fact that I tend to lose any game I actually play out =)
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #175
Travis
Pro Rookie

That puts us down a pair, there's a public league that just started up that has only 1 team in it so far, should we go that route? How many teams were you running in the last league RendeR? Could still use them here or slot them into another league and have a bit more freedom for trading?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #176
samifan24
Pro Starter

I always autosim now. I haven't actually played a game out since season 1.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #177
samifan24
Pro Starter

How many healthy players at each position do you need in order to be eligible to join a league? I currently have 13 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3 goalies. I have less than one mil in cap space. How many more players do I need to sign before I can join a league?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #178
RendeR
Coordinator

You need 15 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3 goalies to join a league.

I'm fine with joining a public league but I've got some signings to do to get the bengals ready to play.

I had the bengals and the Titanics in our last league. Titanics had a huge number of playmakers but not enough of anything else to win much, they lost their first 15 games at home =(

lets give it till say, Monday, then jump in whichever public league is open enough to fit us in.

Sound off if yer going to join in with us again so we can keep track of how many we got. we had 9 active players last time (I had 2 teams) and we're down 2 so far, so lets hear from those other 6 (not counting myself) then we'll jump in.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #179
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm in.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #180
Travis
Pro Rookie

Count me in for the Monday join up. I'll check with my friend and see if they're back in and let them know that Monday is likely the sign up day.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #181
samifan24
Pro Starter

I know we said we'd sign up today and there's a completely empty public league available. Join up?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #182
RendeR
Coordinator

Yep, lets roll, I'll join with the River Rats, the titanics are in a shambles and the bengals can't sem to sign that last defenseman they need.

Lets play some hockey!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #183
Travis
Pro Rookie

In!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #184
samifan24
Pro Starter

Joined.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #185
bbor
Pro Starter

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #186
RendeR
Coordinator

Wow, ok, decent season for all 3 of my teams. I got the 5th or 6th seed in the league we're all in (Cincinnati River Rats) marking their first ever playoff appearance. A huge improvement at home, but goo god we gave up more goals than Carter had liver pills.

The Buffalo Bengals went into a public league right after ours and have staked their claim as the #2 seed followed closely by the Titanics who have totally reversed fortunes and become a powerhouse on offense.

Can't wait to enjoy my first two home ice advantage playoff series!!!

How'd you guys fair? =)
Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #187
samifan24
Pro Starter

My guys finished first in our league and pretty much ran the table the whole season. Our top line and goalie were phenomenal. Then we lost the first playoff game, of course, but came back to win the next one. That's where we stand in "Public League 17."
Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #188
samifan24
Pro Starter

I got knocked out of the playoffs with a 5-1 loss! How can my team be #1 all season long and then fall apart in three games? The last game I actually played out myself, something I never do, and I wonder if that cost me...
Old 10-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #189
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I got knocked out of the playoffs with a 5-1 loss! How can my team be #1 all season long and then fall apart in three games? The last game I actually played out myself, something I never do, and I wonder if that cost me...

See I dunno about the play/quick sim thing. The last two seasons I simmed almost all my games and my teams really suffered. This season I actually played them out with a specific plan of attack and my record improved across the board on all three teams.

Been poking around the forums but the gist I get from there is that its a matter of trial and error, find a lineup that works well under quick sim or keep playing your lines until you find a rythem that works for your team. *shrug*

Sorry man, you were pretty dominant all season, I think I took 1 or 2 games from you all year at best. maybe 1 now that I tihnk about it....
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #190
Travis
Pro Rookie

Heh, I'm out too. Should be an interesting playoffs to watch with the top 2 seeds on the outside looking in now.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #191
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Heh, I'm out too. Should be an interesting playoffs to watch with the top 2 seeds on the outside looking in now.

Wait, that means...

I WON =)

Whoot, first playoff series win for the River Rats!!

Sorry it had to be you man, but damn, victory tastes sweet!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #192
RendeR
Coordinator

Gah, dissapointment abounds as all three teams got tanked in the playoffs. Grats to the winner!

I've got the River Rats ready to roll and the other two should be good to go soon. Anyone else ready to have another go at it?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #193
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've got one team about midway through a season, two others currently in seasons.

You thinking private league to get around the ranking structure now? The team I have closest to ready has about 16 games left in the regular season plus playoffs but won't need any down time in the off season as the roster will be league eligible once the season is over.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #194
samifan24
Pro Starter

How do you guys like the ranking system? My team are a level 5 but haven't been able to join a new league because of the roster requirements.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #195
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I just made a team .. anyone about to join a league?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #196
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I just made a team .. anyone about to join a league?

I'm still looking for one.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #197
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I'm still looking for one.

Sadly I'm Level 1 so I joined some BS Public League
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #198
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've got a 5, a 3 and a 2 going right now. The 2 and 5 are in ranked leagues while the 3 is finishing off a season in an unranked league that was on the go. Took a few days for the ranked league to fill up but I'm quite curious to see how I do against others of "a similar level". I'm not sure how he ranked teams but the more and more I play this, the more and more it seems to come down to having a top notch goalie. Seems like everybody else in the rank 5 league I'm in has a goalie comparable to what I've got so I'm trying to figure out what the next most important pieces will be.

Also sounds like big hits/fights/agitators will be worked into the game soon so that may drastically affect player type values.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #199
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Also sounds like big hits/fights/agitators will be worked into the game soon so that may drastically affect player type values.

It's good to see that Adam is going to tweak the penalties to be more realistic. I'd also like to see him implement a one phrase description to all players, something akin to the "strong fullback" or "Hull captain" from FM. Right now we have "two way forward, sniper" and the like but I'd like to see a more specific system, perhaps one the manager can control in terms of how he values his own players.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #200
RendeR
Coordinator

My teams are al level 3. I like the structure now because it is frustrating to be in a league with 4 scrubs , 4 mediums and two ungodly powerful teams. being the medium teams I handle 8 out of 10 teams and guarentee I can't ever win a title.

This will help balance things out somewhat.