Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #251
RendeR
Coordinator

I've got one team (river rats) that is just waiting for the playoffs to end and two others (buffalo bengals and titanics) that are just about to start theirs. Give us a week and we should be ready to roll.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #252
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've got two teams in limbo right now and a second that is on the last day of the regular season (playing in a league with the Bengals/Titanics/Bbors).
Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #253
Travis
Pro Rookie

bbor you got screwed. Given the season records there's really no way that guy should have beat you on the road and it should have been a coin flip in his barn.

Wonder what he sacrificed to the hockey gods before the playoffs...
Old 01-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #254
RendeR
Coordinator

How lucky am I? got two teams into the playoffs...in the 4th and 5th seed spots.... I can't win for losing =)
Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #255
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
How lucky am I? got two teams into the playoffs...in the 4th and 5th seed spots.... I can't win for losing =)

Heh, noticed that too, now hurry up and eliminate one of yourself so we can get round 2 going
Old 01-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #256
RendeR
Coordinator

lol
Old 01-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #257
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
bbor you got screwed. Given the season records there's really no way that guy should have beat you on the road and it should have been a coin flip in his barn.

Wonder what he sacrificed to the hockey gods before the playoffs...

Bah....can't beleive i got washed out so fast...good luck guys.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #258
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hmmm, to congratulate Render or to console him, what do you do when a guy actually beats himself to advance?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #259
bbor
Pro Starter

I'm sure Render 'beats' himself nightly

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #260
RendeR
Coordinator

OH har har har you guys are hilarious =)

My oldest team defeated my youngest team in 3 games. Home Ice is the Bengals best friend.

Bring it ON =)
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #261
Travis
Pro Rookie

No pressure Render, but if we can both hold serve it'll be an all FOFC finals.

And yes, I did wait until after winning game one at home in my series to post this to avoid looking like a total ass
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #262
RendeR
Coordinator

Heh, yeah, it seems my "home ice" thing is a bit rocky in round 2. Both games have been won by the visitor. hopefully home ice gets me into the finals for the first time!!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #263
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've got one team (river rats) that is just waiting for the playoffs to end and two others (buffalo bengals and titanics) that are just about to start theirs. Give us a week and we should be ready to roll.

Quote:
I've got two teams in limbo right now and a second that is on the last day of the regular season (playing in a league with the Bengals/Titanics/Bbors).

Quote:

You can own multiple teams?
So long as trades aren't made between them?
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #264
Travis
Pro Rookie

It's going to be interesting. So far home ice has held serve in my series but it took OT for me to win my game while we got spanked in their building. Not exactly all that confident heading into game 3 even though it's my own barn.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #265
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
You can own multiple teams?
So long as trades aren't made between them?

AS long as you're not doing it to break the rules and boost one team faster than it should be, then you're usually fine. I never actually play out the games between my teams if they are in the same league and I never trade between them. So there really isn't anything to gain from having more than one other than enjoying more games of hockey.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #266
RendeR
Coordinator

WHOOOT!! My first visit to the CUP FINALS!!! I destroyed my opponent 7-1 at home in game 3 of the second round.

Can you Bring the big guns Travis or do I play the 7 seed in the Finals? =)
Old 01-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #267
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
WHOOOT!! My first visit to the CUP FINALS!!! I destroyed my opponent 7-1 at home in game 3 of the second round.

Can you Bring the big guns Travis or do I play the 7 seed in the Finals? =)

I hope you make good on your first visit! I just had mine this past season but we lost.

I'm currently sitting alone in a computer created level 5 league. Will any of you be joining me when your seasons end? I hate the long break between seasons.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #268
bbor
Pro Starter

grats Render!!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #269
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I hope you make good on your first visit! I just had mine this past season but we lost.

I'm currently sitting alone in a computer created level 5 league. Will any of you be joining me when your seasons end? I hate the long break between seasons.

Unfortunately my teams areonly level 3 so no lcuk for me joining your league.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #270
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well, washed out by losing a one goal game at home. Seems like all my teams have been regular season wonders lately then can't even make the final round of the playoffs.

Good luck Render, clean the ice with him.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #271
RendeR
Coordinator

Awe man that sucks! I wanted to take on an FOFC'er. I'll mop him up for you travis =)
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #272
RendeR
Coordinator

BOOYAH, talk about intense. I win game 1 3-2 at home in Double OT. Overtime ran 31 Rounds!

I thought I was screwed when they picked up the tying goal on a power play on the FINAL tick of the game in regulation. My OT record isn't stellar.

Now I just gotta take 1 out of 2 for my first ever CUP!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #273
RendeR
Coordinator

Dropped a tight one 3-2 on the road, he was up 3-0 after 1 period but I came back with 2 goals in the third but couldn't get the tying goal.

Game 3 at home. Gotta put our money where our fans are =)
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #274
Travis
Pro Rookie

Good luck tomorrow Render, bring the trophy home man!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #275
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm confident at this point. I tend to play far better at home than on the road. How many FOFC'ers have won cups so far? we should put a list of trophies won on the first post.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #276
bbor
Pro Starter

i think i have won 1 or 2....i know one for sure.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #277
bbor
Pro Starter

just double checked.....shotblockers have won 2 finals.....bbors have lost the 2 finals they have been in.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #278
RendeR
Coordinator

Gah, the team didn't even show up, we got a pity goal near the end from our star Ferhinger...6-1 loss at home. Guess I settle for a finalist trophy this year. Thats really sucks.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #279
Travis
Pro Rookie

Aw that sucks man, congrats on a hell of a season though.

Now back to trying to beat your guys into the ground next season
Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #280
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah yeah, gimme a few days to rework some contracts and I'll have 3 teams ready to rock.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #281
Travis
Pro Rookie

I've got two teams currently in seasons, but this one will be ready pretty much the day after we're released I believe.

Who else is around to join a league? I'm assuming we'll be looking for an all levels league?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #282
RendeR
Coordinator

My teams are all level 3 so a level 3 league would work best for me. I don't fancy getting spanked by higher level teams
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #283
Travis
Pro Rookie

Heh, gotcha. That may preclude me then as I think I'll be bumped up to level 4 because of my regular season standing (as will bbor).

Just checked my team over and if I draft a 2nd line or better level sniper I'll be ready to go asap, if not then I need to sign one then I'm good to roll. So just let me know if you guys are sticking to level 3 or are willing to try an open league and I'll follow suit as well as I can.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #284
RendeR
Coordinator

When do they update the levels? The Titanics are actually my youngest and highest ranked team overall. And the bengals just made the finals, so when should I wait to see if they upgrade or not?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #285
Travis
Pro Rookie

My understanding is that (in 10 team leagues) the top two after the regular season get bumped up a level and the bottom two go down a level after the playoffs wrap up.

We'll find out for sure tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that's how the dynamic works.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #286
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've got two teams currently in seasons, but this one will be ready pretty much the day after we're released I believe.

Who else is around to join a league? I'm assuming we'll be looking for an all levels league?

I'm sitting with another team in a level five league since there aren't any "all levels" leagues open right now.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #287
RendeR
Coordinator

If thats the case then the bengals will be Level 4 and the Titanics and River rats will be level 3. Still not strong enough to bag you level 5 guys =)
Old 01-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #288
RendeR
Coordinator

Strangely enough in the power rankings my teams are ranked in reverse order by age.

Titanics, then a few spots down the rats then further down the bengals.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #289
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well, by now age shouldn't have too much to do with it. Just how strong your starting lineup is and after 3-4 seasons your team should be mature enough to be past the expansion team weaknesses. For me my oldest team is my second strongest (but only level 5 team), middle team is my current strongest and my newest is by far my weakest (only team I have without a 94 goalie too).
Old 01-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #290
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey, for those of you not currently in a league, has offseason trading been implemented? If so, I'll have a 93 rated goalie up for grabs once the season is over (he'll be 28 with a year left a $2.7 million).

If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll hang on to him for you, otherwise I'll be trade blocking him and looking for a pick.

If offseason trading isn't in effect yet, then just ignore me
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #291
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hey, for those of you not currently in a league, has offseason trading been implemented?

Not yet. I just tried to trade with you and got the "only teams in the same league" message.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #292
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Not yet. I just tried to trade with you and got the "only teams in the same league" message.

I'm not 100% on how it's supposed to work, but from what I read I think only teams currently in their offseasons will be allowed to trade. Technically I'm still in the league until tomorrow so I'd assume that may be an issue even if offseason trading is allowed now.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #293
RendeR
Coordinator

I've got 2 teams ready to roll. Titanics and River Rats (both level 3)

The Buffalo Bengals did NOT move up in level, they are still listed at L3 as well.

Anyone know how to shut down a team? Do you jsut release everyone? Actually I don't think you can release everyone unless you have megabucks saved up....

buying out contracts once you get to a level 3 arena is almost impossible. yer looking at 12k per buyout! (my last game netted 4k in income and a buyout is 3x your last games take.)

anyway, fun stuff. I'm pondering starting another team to experiment on a couple things. THe info in the strategy guide in the forums is quite good.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #294
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyone know how to shut down a team? Do you jsut release everyone? Actually I don't think you can release everyone unless you have megabucks saved up....

Do not release everyone from your team. You will get banned for doing so. I'd suggest you just start a new team with a different e-mail address. I've read Adam's posts on the forums and he's been banning players that release most of their roster and flood the market.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #295
RendeR
Coordinator

Good to know. I'm surprised that he doesn't seem to have a way to "fold" a team though. He could limit it to the off season so you don't hurt an in action league. There's gotta be tons of teams doing nothing at this point because people lost interest or the team just sucked too much.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #296
samifan24
Pro Starter

For those of you with very large fan bases, how do you increase them so quickly?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #297
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm ready to join a league now, but if it's to be with you guys we'd have to wait for an all levels league to open up. If not, no biggie.

As for the fan base question, your fan base increases depends on your arena level and how often you win. It also increases more in the playoffs than during the regular season.

So far my recommendation would be to save double the number of credits you need to purchase the level 2 and 3 arenas when you go to buy those (so that you can immediately purchase all the upgrades) and to only upgrade to those levels just prior to the playoffs starting (as playoffs are always sellouts).

For level 4 and 5 arenas, save 1.5x the upgrade cost and upgrade immediately once you hit that number. It'll get you all but the restaurant upgrades and the increased capacity of the arena ensures that you won't get a drop off in attendance like the lower levels. Your income will almost always increase right after upgrading to level 4 from level 3, so no need to wait for the playoffs to do so, and the increase in income is pretty huge.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #298
Travis
Pro Rookie

Dola, I see offseason trading has been implemented, so if anybody needs a goalie, let me know.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #299
RendeR
Coordinator

What are his stats again? I'm not sure what I have to work with but I'll check if I need him.

The Titanics and the River Rats have joined the new level 3 league that is forming up. THe buffalo bengals will be joining IF they can fill out a roster. This has been a rough offseason for the bengals.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #300
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What are his stats again? I'm not sure what I have to work with but I'll check if I need him.

Rating: 93
Contract: $2.7 million (1 year)