Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #351
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okee quick update - CrimBronco is lvl 9, working two quests: Beans and Donkey. I think those rewards plus what I make in XP from actually picking the beans should get me to lvl 10, , so prolly tomorrow night I'll be deciding on a specialty.

I'll admit to very little in the way of forethought to this point on what skills to specialize in, mostly I've gone the Charisma + riding + shooting route, as I envision myself ending up as a lawman type guy.

I'll be shacking up tonight in Atlantis (quadrant 5,2), where I got a temp invite to be able to afford the donkey. They only asked for a $50 donation, btw.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #352
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I'll be shacking up tonight in Atlantis (quadrant 5,2), where I got a temp invite to be able to afford the donkey. They only asked for a $50 donation, btw.

that's a very sweet deal.

FM
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #353
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Oh, no cons at all that I can see. I was being more big brotherish, and not in the I'm watching you kind more the I'll take care of you kind and figured that $300 for one individual might be a tad hard to get by while I can pretty much get that in a day or so. Not boasting, simply stating a fact.

No boasting inferred, so no worries there.

I really don't know how everybody else is sitting cash wish. I'm currently at $260 and figure to be sitting over $300 sometime in the next 24 hours. At that point I figured (most of) it either goes toward town one's treasury or into starting town two (if nobody started it first), either way it mostly ends up in the collective kitty so the only difference to me is whether you need that money in order to keep working on town one.

Then it's trying to build cash toward donkey #1 and #2 (one for the sheriff's quest, one for myself) while still tithing toward one town treasury or the other.

On the point about being duellable, does that exist prior to the construction of a town mortician? Doesn't that have to be activated before the town/duel connection kicks in? Or is that another point I'm just not clear on yet?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #354
law90026
College Benchwarmer

just hit 7 overnight, will slowly make my way over
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #355
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I really don't know how everybody else is sitting cash wish. I'm currently at $260 and figure to be sitting over $300 sometime in the next 24 hours. At that point I figured (most of) it either goes toward town one's treasury or into starting town two (if nobody started it first), either way it mostly ends up in the collective kitty so the only difference to me is whether you need that money in order to keep working on town one.

I'll still be making a tiny bit of money on my own as I will not be able to work non stop on improving the buildings because of motivation issues. Either way you wanna do it is cool by me, really.

Quote:
Then it's trying to build cash toward donkey #1 and #2 (one for the sheriff's quest, one for myself) while still tithing toward one town treasury or the other.

One thing you need to know about that donkey quest is that contrary to other quest, you only show him that you have a donkey, you don't give it to him so #2 is not necessary.

Quote:
On the point about being duellable, does that exist prior to the construction of a town mortician? Doesn't that have to be activated before the town/duel connection kicks in? Or is that another point I'm just not clear on yet?

hrm, I'm unsure about it. Can't remember when we started my son's town if people attacked us right away or if it only started after we built the mortician. Speaking of which, I'm a builder in that French world and got attacked today, by another builder no less, and I KICKED HIS ASS!!!

Good thing too, as I was carrying some $700 with me. Ended up gaining no money, but 112 experience points, nice.

FM
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #356
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Second town will be founded shortly after in the upper left location, or thereabouts...

Are you thinking about the one with the picking beans about an inch to the southeast & irrigation system about an inch due north OR the one with branding cattle an inch+ to the WSW and scare birds off field about two inches SSE? Or perhaps the location a bit southeast of those that borders the river with a mountain to the WNW, tomatoes just across the river to the SW and branding cattle to the SE.

Aesthetically the last one is more attractive, but what matters most is probably what area has the best access to the most jobs we'll frequently do.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #357
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

time for me to personally go to bed. Will post in the morning when the town is started.

FM
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #358
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I believe you can only challenge someone to a duel once your town has a mortician. You can be challenged as soon as you are part of the town.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #359
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Are you thinking about the one with the picking beans about an inch to the southeast & irrigation system about an inch due north OR the one with branding cattle an inch+ to the WSW and scare birds off field about two inches SSE? Or perhaps the location a bit southeast of those that borders the river with a mountain to the WNW, tomatoes just across the river to the SW and branding cattle to the SE.

Aesthetically the last one is more attractive, but what matters most is probably what area has the best access to the most jobs we'll frequently do.

all the jobs we'll do should be within 20 minutes or so, and the jobs we'll be doing for now might not be the jobs we'll be doing in a couple of weeks...

now, really time for bed.

FM
Old 04-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #360
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing you need to know about that donkey quest is that contrary to other quest, you only show him that you have a donkey, you don't give it to him so #2 is not necessary.

Well that's some welcome news for sure.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #361
Danny
Head Coach

I hit level 14 today, looking forward to being able to respec a few point after I complete that quest line.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #362
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

it's with a lot of emotion that I can announce that at about 6:47am EDT, ground will be broken for the foundation of "Troutville - FOFC"!

Meanwhile, I had been resting for a couple of nights at La Vie Boheme and I guess a level 23 adventurer doesn't go without notice in these parts. I got an invite to join their town while I was sleeping. I will peacefully reject it and explain why to the guy who invited me.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 05:13 AM   #363
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
it's with a lot of emotion that I can announce that at about 6:47am EDT, ground will be broken for the foundation of "Troutville - FOFC"!

Meanwhile, I had been resting for a couple of nights at La Vie Boheme and I guess a level 23 adventurer doesn't go without notice in these parts. I got an invite to join their town while I was sleeping. I will peacefully reject it and explain why to the guy who invited me.

FM

That's where I stayed last night, hopefully you didn't stay in room 7b
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #364
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, reason why I added "FOFC" at the end was to make it easily found by future FOFCers looking for a town. Adding it to the end of all of our towns will also show that we are part of one group of town. You mess with one, you mess with them all...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I finally got to Lvl 10 overnight, now would just need about another $20 & some sleep in order to be able to break ground on town two. I'm thinking "Dolapost - FOFC", seemed kind of appropriate for our second town in quick succession.

I have to work on the cash for a while anyway so if someone else wants to launch the second town before then (it would be sometime this evening) here's a chance to speak up. Also there's time for any thoughts about the name. And any preferences about the three different options I described up the thread (in the general vicinity Frog Man identified with a graphic earlier) would be helpful too.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #366
Danny
Head Coach

Maybe just Dola instead of Dolapost?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #367
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Maybe just Dola instead of Dolapost?

Well that was my original thought, as you might suspect, but it just seemed too short to me. I also considered Puckettville.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #368
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I agree, simply Dola would look quite cool as an inside to FOFCers...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #369
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Which I should probably say twice

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-15-2009 at 06:52 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #370
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not crazy about Pucketville.

I think "Dola" is a winner
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #371
chesapeake
College Starter

I've made it to level 5 and I'm amblin' toward you city slickers down south.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #372
dbd1963
High School JV

Just stick a ville on it, Dolaville - FOFC. Or town, ton, city, etc.

Dean Houston's Cathouse should be the name of the hotel..
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #373
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I also made level 10 overnight. I'm now doing the first worker-specific quest and then will be pretty close to zero energy. My construction labor points should be just over 100 after this job so I'll be ready to help build town buildings by tonight.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #374
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

El Dolado
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #375
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, where was the town founded? I was looking at post 343 and the map there, but I don't see a town in the proposed locations.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #376
dbd1963
High School JV

I don't think it's finished building yet.

El Dolado is money.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #377
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit, I think Neon Chaos might have something here.

"El Dolado - FOFC" work okay for everybody?

I tend to agree with Frog that having the common ending will create a connection for the towns, maybe discourage gallop-by shootings at least a little bit.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #378
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
So, where was the town founded? I was looking at post 343 and the map there, but I don't see a town in the proposed locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963 View Post
I don't think it's finished building yet.

El Dolado is money.

yeah, I put in the order at 6:16 or so this morning and I was about 40 minutes away from the location so building of the town started at about 6:46 or so. Founding the town takes 8 full hours so you should all be able to see it around 2:46 this afternoon...

And El Dolado is indeed money.

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #379
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I have to admit, I think Neon Chaos might have something here.

"El Dolado - FOFC" work okay for everybody?

I tend to agree with Frog that having the common ending will create a connection for the towns, maybe discourage gallop-by shootings at least a little bit.

I'm quite okay with it.

And for the FOFC moniker in there, do a search for "HBA" in the town rankings. That's the empire of which "Purgatory", the town I left to come found our first town, is part of. Tell me when you see some 5-6 towns that you wouldn't think twice before starting to hit at random against them. Unless you are much bigger and willing to get into a war, you simply walk on by and go elsewhere...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #380
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
El Dolado

El Dolado is brilliant.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 04-15-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #381
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
El Dolado is brilliant.

+1 - nice one Neon_Chaos!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #382
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am level 9 picking beans. I am still up at the very top so I am going to start proceeding down today as I do jobs.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #383
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Guys, I'll be putting together some sort of little google sites webpage for our little empire. I think it'll make it easier to keep the information together regarding who's playing and what's available in our shops in one neat and easily editable place. And we'll be able to have multiple persons allowed to edit information.

Each town could have one (or more) person(s) in charge of updating the shops' contents while another in the empire could be in charge of updating the big census of FOFCers, maybe even with levels and character classes.

I'll start working on it over lunch and should have a link for you tonight, or at least some skeleton of something that more skilled people could take over and beautify.

I don't want to get into some big web developing thing, but I think that google sites will do the trick just fine and I wanted to post about in case somebody else had the same idea and we'd be working doubles...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #384
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

wow, was thinking of adding items per town in html table, but they have lists and that'll simply be awesome and so easy to display stuff...

FM
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #385
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

OK...Im missing the obvious I suppose, but how do I "visit a town" to sell items.

If I just want to dump some crap without taking a nap, is that possible?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #386
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
OK...Im missing the obvious I suppose, but how do I "visit a town" to sell items.

If I just want to dump some crap without taking a nap, is that possible?

Click the sign post and you will travel to that town. Once there, you can sell.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #387
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I see Troutville is built.. I B there in 38 minutes. Frog, do you need to send an invite to join the town?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #388
chesapeake
College Starter

Frog -- how does the game change when you get where you are? Is there anything more than just doing jobs or dueling?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #389
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

What is the strategy for having people join towns? With 24 players and 5 town spots, it will take a while before we can get everyone in. Does it make sense to give spots to the highest levels, or people with money to deposit in the bank, or builders to construct buildings?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #390
dbd1963
High School JV

Those are good questions. But I need a donkey, so my question is, how do I use our town to get it at a discount?

I need a donkey. It's lonely out in the desert..
Old 04-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #391
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963 View Post
Those are good questions. But I need a donkey, so my question is, how do I use our town to get it at a discount? I need a donkey. It's lonely out in the desert..

As I understand it, once the general store is built then the prices you'll see as a town member are lower than the ones we see at stores in towns where we're non-residents.

As for your reasons for wanting a donkey ... T M I
Old 04-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #392
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Wow, how long did it take folks to complete the quest that required 3 newspapers? I've done the selling newspapers task 6 times now and don't have a paper to show for it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #393
Danny
Head Coach

I hit level 15. I need two leather pieces and then it's off to guard the fort for 8 hours and try and get the union flag. I made sure to do those quests together to cut down on time. Hopefully I can get my flag in those 8 hours.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #394
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Wow, how long did it take folks to complete the quest that required 3 newspapers? I've done the selling newspapers task 6 times now and don't have a paper to show for it.

The newspaper and posters one sucks.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
What is the strategy for having people join towns? With 24 players and 5 town spots, it will take a while before we can get everyone in. Does it make sense to give spots to the highest levels, or people with money to deposit in the bank, or builders to construct buildings?

I should be launching our second town sometime tonight (which would have it ready sometime in the morning) so that'll help some but with regard to the actual strategy I can't say that I know the answer to that one either.

Constructors would have to be an absolute priority I think, since the towns don't have a lot of value to any of us without them. If we've got any relatively pure gunslingers they might be a second priority in order to give our builders some cover (or at least retribution potential against any neer-do-well's)

Beyond that I tentatively (i.e. until Frog Man tells me what I'm not thinking about) figure the rest of the spots will have to be rotated through with an eye toward people wanting to make deposits into the town treasury (in order to finance the town buildings) and to buy essentials like the donkey. Remember we can still sleep at our eventual hotel even if we aren't officially residents, just like we've been doing in other towns.

One thing I've thought about quite a bit in the past 24 hours or so, as an FOFC town came close to becoming reality, is that town membership means you can be knocked off in duels so people carrying relatively large amounts of cash who aren't planning to deposit it in the treasury or the bank or spend it in the (eventual) store should carefully consider becoming members since they're suddenly vulnerable to losing all of it in a duel.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #396
DeToxRox
Head Coach

How do Duels work? Probably something I should've asked before ha. You have to be a town member and can duel with other towns?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #397
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Two hours total for me, a one hour session and a pair of half hour sessions.

Have you done six in a row or have you switched between jobs in order to let your motivation for newspapers regenerate?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #398
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Two hours total for me, a one hour session and a pair of half hour sessions.

Have you done six in a row or have you switched between jobs in order to let your motivation for newspapers regenerate?

I did two sets of three, with a berry picking expedition in between.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #399
chinaski
College Prospect

Should be hitting level 11 in a little bit...heres where im at atm:

45 Construction with item bonuses.

Last edited by chinaski : 04-15-2009 at 03:38 PM.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #400
Danny
Head Coach

Perhaps having three towns would work best?