Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Samdari
Roster Filler

Official 2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Thought Wade would find this interesting:

The Syracuse Orange will face Detroit and William & Mary in the regional rounds of the 2010 Legends Classic.

Syracuse will play Detroit on Nov. 16 at the Carrier Dome. The Orange will then host William & Mary on Nov. 21.

Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

The format of the expanded new tournament was announced today.

The "First Four" will have the final 4 at-large qualifiers and the worst 4 automatic qualifiers

The last four "at-large" teams will be placed on the seed line they deserved - so you could have two at-large teams playing, with the winner moving on to play the 5 or 6 seed in the next round.

That play-in round will be called the "first four", and the first round is now the "second round", and the second round is now the "third round". I hate it when organizations feel the need to fib and and feel like they're covering up something "bad". Why can't they call it the play-in round? Nobody's feelings will be too hurt, they'll notice they're playing two days before everyone else.

Other than that, I like the hybrid setup of weak automatic qualifiers and weak at-large teams playing for the chance to get into their appropriate places in the tournament.

NCAA reveals format of new 68-team tournament - ESPN.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Swaggs
Coordinator

I still don't like the idea of the #1 seeds potentially playing against a school from a power conference that may have been hurt by injuries earlier in the season or that is maybe just starting to gel.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I still don't like the idea of the #1 seeds potentially playing against a school from a power conference that may have been hurt by injuries earlier in the season or that is maybe just starting to gel.
They won't. The at-large teams will be playing for the spot they would have normally been seeded at. For instance, two at large 11 seeds will be playing to see who plays a 6 seed in the "second" round.

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 07-12-2010 at 07:36 PM.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Uhh they won't. The at-large play-in games will be between two 10's, 11's, or 12's (wherever the lowest at-large is seeded that year) who will go on to play two 7's, 6's, or 5's, respectfully.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Big 12 portion of the Big Monday schedule was announced. Pretty obvious where the strong Big 12 teams lie this year with Texas, Baylor, MU, KSU, and KU getting multiple appearances. Not surprisingly, no Colorado or Nebraska games are on the slate.

Quote:
2011 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Schedule On ESPN’s Big Monday

All games televised on ESPN and available on ESPN3.com

Date Game Time (CT)

January 17 Kansas State at Missouri 4:30 p.m.

Kansas at Baylor 8:30 p.m.

January 24 Baylor at Kansas State 8:00 p.m.

January 31 Texas at Texas A&M 8:00 p.m.

February 7 Missouri at Kansas 8:00 p.m.

February 14 Kansas at Kansas State 8:00 p.m.

February 21 Oklahoma State at Kansas 8:00 p.m.

February 28 Kansas State at Texas 8:00 p.m.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-19-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
DataKing
Pro Rookie

No Iowa State either. I know they've struggled, but I'd still like to see a game in Ames on Big Monday.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The Big 12 portion of the Big Monday schedule was announced. Pretty obvious where the strong Big 12 teams lie this year with Texas, Baylor, MU, KSU, and NU getting multiple appearances. Not surprisingly, no Colorado or Nebraska games are on the slate.

Huh?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Huh?

The KU fans probably would have caught that typo. Fixed.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
No Iowa State either. I know they've struggled, but I'd still like to see a game in Ames on Big Monday.

I hope Hoiberg jump-starts that program as long as it's not at Mizzou's expense. Really likable guy and great fan base.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I just figured you meant it as some sort of slam on KU, and didn't feel like rising to what I felt might be bait.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

Why? Who would watch? And why would they watch?

Quote:
I hope Hoiberg jump-starts that program as long as it's not at Mizzou's expense. Really likable guy and great fan base.

Why? And a great fan base? Iowa State fans are the definition of the old Iowa joke. You know, what does Iowa stand for? Idiots out wandering around.
I hope Iowa State loses all their games by at last 20.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #13
tarcone
Coordinator

And my prediction for Iowa this season is 17-20 wins.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ah of course!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Thought Wade would find this interesting:

The Syracuse Orange will face Detroit and William & Mary in the regional rounds of the 2010 Legends Classic.

Syracuse will play Detroit on Nov. 16 at the Carrier Dome. The Orange will then host William & Mary on Nov. 21.

This got posted while I was on travel.

Yeah, I'm very excited about being in this tournament. We host a piece of it against very beatable schools, giving us a good shot at another game against a high-major team including the Syracuse game.

We're going to be very young, so it's good early season experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #16
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I just figured you meant it as some sort of slam on KU, and didn't feel like rising to what I felt might be bait.

No, I was just doing some business when I tossed that post up. Obviously, I wasn't paying attention fully. It can't be a slam when I've already posted the list clearly showing that KU has three Big Monday appearances.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Certainly not anything here that I and others haven't already noted as happening during recruiting, but always interesting to see how honest these coaches become about the game of recruiting as soon as you tell them they won't be cited in the story.

I had to laugh at the North Carolina comment. Same stuff happened when Roy was at Kansas as well. It's the main reason Mizzou went on probation. Roy acts like a spoiled brat when he loses out on a recruit.

Dana O'Neil: ESPN.com coaching survey on dirty college basketball recruiting - ESPN
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #18
BishopMVP
Coordinator

NCAA Football is at least giving the perception of cracking down. Meanwhile, NCAA Basketball just announced the new head of the committee - UConn AD Jeff Hathaway. Who is currently drafting the school's response to NCAA allegations of 8 major violations by Jim Calhoun and staff. Coming from the same organization that declared Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo ineligible after they played in the NCAA tournament and declared for the NBA, guess we know where the priorities are.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Certainly not anything here that I and others haven't already noted as happening during recruiting, but always interesting to see how honest these coaches become about the game of recruiting as soon as you tell them they won't be cited in the story.

I had to laugh at the North Carolina comment. Same stuff happened when Roy was at Kansas as well. It's the main reason Mizzou went on probation. Roy acts like a spoiled brat when he loses out on a recruit.

Dana O'Neil: ESPN.com coaching survey on dirty college basketball recruiting - ESPN

Meh. That's North Carolina in general. Roy's a Dean Smith protegee after all. Even if it's not the coaches who say it, the fans and the media (thanks, UNC Journalism School) tend to articulate similar thoughts all the time.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Tre'Von Willis, our best player, pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor count involving an incident with a woman back in June. Full article is linked below, then my comments.

UNLV's Tre'Von Willis pleads not guilty to misdemeanor charge - Las Vegas Sun

Now, from what I've been able to ascertain, this Skye chick is something of a UNLV basketball groupie who's tried to cause trouble before. Tre'Von is dating another girl named Erica and the general consensus seems to be that Skye is full of shit and that there were logical holes and inconsistencies in her story.

I have to say that based on everything I've read, I think he's innocent of the criminal charges, but he's guilty of being a damn fool for messing around with this Skye girl. Groupies are no good, man.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Huh? So you're suggesting that Roy Williams caused Missouri to go on probation? I could have sworn Ricky Clemons played a pretty big part when he publicly suggested an assistant coach paid him. I'll be the first to say that Roy Williams has cried wolf a few times in recruiting, but I don't recall him claiming any wrong doing by Snyder and staff.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #22
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Huh? So you're suggesting that Roy Williams caused Missouri to go on probation?

I have heard other Mizzou fans that i'm friends with off the board suggest the same.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #23
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Meh. That's North Carolina in general. Roy's a Dean Smith protegee after all. Even if it's not the coaches who say it, the fans and the media (thanks, UNC Journalism School) tend to articulate similar thoughts all the time.

What do you think the odds are that the anonymous coach who said that was Gary Williams? At least 50%, right?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
What do you think the odds are that the anonymous coach who said that was Gary Williams? At least 50%, right?

Dunno. UNC gets enough good players as it is, even when they don't *really* get good players (Neil Fingleton, anyone?). So if UNC coaches (or fans or media, etc) are complaining about stealing or cheating, I'll once again break out my small violin.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Huh? So you're suggesting that Roy Williams caused Missouri to go on probation? I could have sworn Ricky Clemons played a pretty big part when he publicly suggested an assistant coach paid him. I'll be the first to say that Roy Williams has cried wolf a few times in recruiting, but I don't recall him claiming any wrong doing by Snyder and staff.

It's an interesting form of revisionist history you're attempting, but it has no basis in fact. As noted in the article, they have a code of silence that generally holds as they know that any ratting out of another program may come back on them. Roy doesn't hold to that in any way. If you get on his s$#% list, he's going to report you. Snyder was making in-roads on some of his recruits and he was aware of what were some relatively minor violations. Roy was the one that reported Snyder on those violations.

Of course, the situation blew up big-time with all the stupid stuff that had nothing to do with the violations (which included Ricky's money claim that was proven to be unfounded), but there's no question that Roy got that ball rolling.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #26
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would say that Clemmons taking the money got the ball rolling
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It's an interesting form of revisionist history you're attempting, but it has no basis in fact. As noted in the article, they have a code of silence that generally holds as they know that any ratting out of another program may come back on them. Roy doesn't hold to that in any way. If you get on his s$#% list, he's going to report you. Snyder was making in-roads on some of his recruits and he was aware of what were some relatively minor violations. Roy was the one that reported Snyder on those violations.

Of course, the situation blew up big-time with all the stupid stuff that had nothing to do with the violations (which included Ricky's money claim that was proven to be unfounded), but there's no question that Roy got that ball rolling.

So where is it stated that Roy turned MU in? Because I've never seen it stated except from a few MU fans. Now I know for a fact Roy turned Wichita State in during the Maurice Evans recruitment. But MU? Never. Plus the guys that MU recruited which they found violations for weren't KU recruits. The only KU-MU recruit in recent years that Roy went toe to toe with Quin Snyder for was Trayvon Bryant. And Bryant actually lost his offer when Darnell Jackson gave his verbal.

I'll believe you if you have actual proof suggesting Roy turned MU in because I know Roy has done it before. But I've yet to see you give that proof.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I would say that Clemmons taking the money got the ball rolling

That's kind of what I thought. The NCAA didn't start looking into MU until the Clemons situation and then the St. Louis Post Dispatch dug up the phone calls to recruits which got thrown into the mess. Unless Roy was feeding the St. Louis Post Dispatch, I don't buy it.

Again, I know Roy has made claims against other programs, but MU isn't one of them as far as I know.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
That's kind of what I thought. The NCAA didn't start looking into MU until the Clemons situation and then the St. Louis Post Dispatch dug up the phone calls to recruits which got thrown into the mess. Unless Roy was feeding the St. Louis Post Dispatch, I don't buy it.

Again, I know Roy has made claims against other programs, but MU isn't one of them as far as I know.

Fair enough. You're not aware of exactly what happened surrounding that situation and you admit as much by saying 'as far as I know'. Makes it easier to understand why you wouldn't know that it happened.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #30
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some early fallout triggered by the ongoing KU ticket scandal investigation. The Pump Brothers and their organization have been black-balled by the NCAA coaches from any further dealings due to money funneling and money laundering concerns.

NABC tells coaches NCAA will nix Pump Foundation - Yahoo! News
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
So where is it stated that Roy turned MU in? Because I've never seen it stated except from a few MU fans. Now I know for a fact Roy turned Wichita State in during the Maurice Evans recruitment. But MU? Never. Plus the guys that MU recruited which they found violations for weren't KU recruits. The only KU-MU recruit in recent years that Roy went toe to toe with Quin Snyder for was Trayvon Bryant. And Bryant actually lost his offer when Darnell Jackson gave his verbal.

I'll believe you if you have actual proof suggesting Roy turned MU in because I know Roy has done it before. But I've yet to see you give that proof.

should have said Nolan Richardson told you. You'd have more cred this way
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #32
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Some early fallout triggered by the ongoing KU ticket scandal investigation. The Pump Brothers and their organization have been black-balled by the NCAA coaches from any further dealings due to money funneling and money laundering concerns.

Coaches can still attend and I wouldn't hold your breath on the ban lasting.

Basically anything that would diminish the power of AAU organizations and their operators is a good thing for college basketball, especially something that drives a wedge between college basketball coaches and AAU operators which right now are incentivized to have close ties and relationships for mutual benefit. There's plenty of incentive in multiple directions between prospective new coach, friend of Pump coach, hiring school/Pump client, and the Pumps to scratch each other's backs before, curing and after the coach is actually hired. The Pumps just have their fingers in too many pies. Now you've got them eliminated from coaching searches and the ticket scalping issue seems like it's finally being addressed. If they are running an AAU program, that's really all they should be doing -- traveling their AAU teams and organizing events for AAU teams to compete in. No coaching searches, no scalping NCAZ tickets, and no recruiting newsletters.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 07-23-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:29 AM   #33
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Fair enough. You're not aware of exactly what happened surrounding that situation and you admit as much by saying 'as far as I know'. Makes it easier to understand why you wouldn't know that it happened.

So you're pretty much suggesting you have no actual evidence to support your claim? Par for the course when it comes to you and your "sources". Honestly, why do you make stuff up when you know 90% of the people on here know you're lying?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #34
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The funny thing is that Missouri actually has more Pump N Run athletes than Kansas per the Pump N Run coach, Goolsby. Ricky Kreklow, Marcus Denmon, Steve Moore, and Michael Dixon are all Pump N Run players.

“Talk like that is discouraging. We’ve had more guys attend Missouri than Kansas. Kids like Tyrel and Brady grew up loving the University of Kansas. They didn’t need anybody telling them to go to Kansas. Same with Conner (Teahan). He gave up opportunities to play on scholarship at other places to walk-on.”
Old 07-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #35
RainMaker
General Manager

If tarcone or any other Iowa fans post here, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Anthony Tucker.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So you're pretty much suggesting you have no actual evidence to support your claim? Par for the course when it comes to you and your "sources". Honestly, why do you make stuff up when you know 90% of the people on here know you're lying?

I'll speak slowly to help you out.

I know with 100% certainty that Roy Williams was the one that triggered the investigation into Mizzou. Where you've obviously got lost is the notion that I'm defending the Mizzou violations in any way. That's not what this discussion is about. Most coaches play with a certain set of rules as noted within the article. Roy Williams thinks he's above any NCAA rules and is the first one to throw another coach under the bus when he doesn't like how things are going. He's a petty individual and it's clear to anyone who knows how the recruiting game is played why he's despised by coaches despite his 'Aw shucks' impression to general fans of the programs he's coaching.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #37
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'll speak slowly to help you out.

I know with 100% certainty that Roy Williams was the one that triggered the investigation into Mizzou. Where you've obviously got lost is the notion that I'm defending the Mizzou violations in any way. That's not what this discussion is about. Most coaches play with a certain set of rules as noted within the article. Roy Williams thinks he's above any NCAA rules and is the first one to throw another coach under the bus when he doesn't like how things are going. He's a petty individual and it's clear to anyone who knows how the recruiting game is played why he's despised by coaches despite his 'Aw shucks' impression to general fans of the programs he's coaching.

Again, I ask for proof that Roy Williams turned MU in and you've given me nothing. Let's be honest, you don't have a very good track record of having inside knowledge of Missouri athletics. Heck I'm still waiting for MU to sign that Big Ten contract you reported. So instead of speaking slowly why don't you provide some evidence because normally when you don't provide evidence you're usually speaking out of another orifice that isn't your mouth.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #38
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Again, I ask for proof that Roy Williams turned MU in and you've given me nothing. Let's be honest, you don't have a very good track record of having inside knowledge of Missouri athletics. Heck I'm still waiting for MU to sign that Big Ten contract you reported. So instead of speaking slowly why don't you provide some evidence because normally when you don't provide evidence you're usually speaking out of another orifice that isn't your mouth.

Listen, if my information is so poor, why waste your time? Let it stand as is. I think people are able to figure it out without you poor-mouthing me every time I make a post. As noted by several posters already, it's getting pretty silly at this point. You're not adding anything to the thread with your posts. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #39
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Mizzou has reportedly landed a 'neutral' site date at the Sprint Center in KC. They'll be playing Georgetown this fall. Really happy to see that come through for personal reasons since it's so close to me.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #40
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Listen, if my information is so poor, why waste your time? Let it stand as is. I think people are able to figure it out without you poor-mouthing me every time I make a post. As noted by several posters already, it's getting pretty silly at this point. You're not adding anything to the thread with your posts. Thanks.

You say you are 100% certain it's Williams who blew in Mizzou then of course don't provide any actual evidence when asked. It's the same song and dance, we get it, you like to make shit up.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #41
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

For starters, I am not "poor-mouthing" you. I'm asking you to provide factual evidence to support your claims...which you have not. I even suggested it would not surprise me that Roy cried wolf because I know he did so at Kansas, but I certainly do not feel you are a trustworthy source given your history of being incorrect on many Missouri and Kansas items. So again, feel free to provide evidence or else you're simply "not adding anything to the thread" because we all know that you're not the most reliable informant. If you can't provide those facts then don't make the claims.

And please quit portraying yourself as some victim. You're out here claiming facts on people without actually having any evidence to support those claims. I don't think that constitutes you as the victim.

Last edited by the_meanstrosity : 07-25-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mizzou has reportedly landed a 'neutral' site date at the Sprint Center in KC. They'll be playing Georgetown this fall. Really happy to see that come through for personal reasons since it's so close to me.

"landed"?

Damn, you can't even report an innocuous thing like this without making it seem like an achievement next to the Ten Commandments.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #43
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"landed"?

Damn, you can't even report an innocuous thing like this without making it seem like an achievement next to the Ten Commandments.

Your guys obsession with MBBF would be just laughible if it wasn't so blatently dishonest. Search "Chief Rum" and "landed" and there are pages of results. What is Rick Neuheisel now Moses? lol

Quote:

UCLA is one further year in. Last year was the bad year. Coach Rick landed a terrific class on the basis of playing time and building momentum. For that to continue, UCLA needed to show improvement this season. A bowl game, a better record, etc. Well, after a good start, they completely stumbled in conference play. Tons of issues showing on the field and off. Recruiting is going good again--but how long before the recruits start to question if this staff can get it done?

He's a homer. The meanstrosity and sterlingice and cartman are also huge homers. They happen to cheer for teams that have historically had more success than Mizzou but that doesn't mean they aren't homers. Who cares? Why respond to MBBF if he is such a homer? Yes this does have something to do with me being a Mizzou fan but it also is kind of sad like you guys need someone to pick on to make you feel good.

Last edited by panerd : 07-25-2010 at 12:29 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Your guys obsession with MBBF would be just laughible if it wasn't so blatently dishonest. Search "Chief Rum" and "landed" and there are pages of results. What is Rick Neuheisel now Moses? lol

He's a homer. The meanstrosity and sterlingice and cartman are also huge homers. They happen to cheer for teams that have historically had more success than Mizzou but that doesn't mean they aren't homers. Who cares? Why respond to MBBF if he is such a homer? Yes this does have something to do with me being a Mizzou fan but it also is kind of sad like you guys need someone to pick on to make you feel good.

You're blind loyalty has already been duly noted.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #45
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
You say you are 100% certain it's Williams who blew in Mizzou then of course don't provide any actual evidence when asked. It's the same song and dance, we get it, you like to make shit up.

What evidence is there to produce in this case? It's well known amongst the B12 coaching circles exactly what happened in the situation and has filtered down at this point. Roy Williams was pissed at Quin for jumping in on his recruits and tossed the NCAA a bone. You don't have to believe it, but that's exactly how it happened.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #46
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Panerd, why are we the bad guys in asking MBBF to support his claims? Nobody is picking on MBBF. We're asking him to please provide evidence that what he is saying is factually true. That's it. I think that's rather fair.

There's a difference between being a "homer" and being a clown. MBBF is the latter at this stage with his antics. I certainly don't believe you or Mizzourah are anywhere near the level that MBBF is. There's nothing wrong with liking your team and supporting it. Most of MBBF's comments aren't in support of his program, but rather against other programs.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #47
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What evidence is there to produce in this case? It's well known amongst the B12 coaching circles exactly what happened in the situation and has filtered down at this point. Roy Williams was pissed at Quin for jumping in on his recruits and tossed the NCAA a bone. You don't have to believe it, but that's exactly how it happened.

If it's so well known then why isn't it publicly documented? I've been a Big 12 fan for just as long as you have and I've never heard such a thing. I think this is one of those rumors that is filtering down on your Tiger message board and those rumors normally don't have a lot of fact supporting them.

Again, what recruits did Quin go after that Roy wanted? The guys whom Missouri got in trouble for weren't recruits that Roy wanted. Again, the only head to head battle for a recruit between Roy and Quin was Trayvon Bryant. And Trayvon lost his offer when Kansas received a verbal from Darnell Jackson. So I highly doubt Roy tattled on Quin for a player he didn't have a scholarship offer out to.

All I'm asking is you support your statements with something besides hearsay that you found on the Tiger message board. I have no stake in this argument as I certainly don't support Roy Williams for obvious reasons and have even suggested he has a known history of reporting other schools (Wichita State). Just asking for a little evidence.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #48
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If tarcone or any other Iowa fans post here, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Anthony Tucker.

Tucker is a real nice player that should do really well in D2. A lot of fans wanted him to play last season after his problems. I think if he wanted to stay at Iowa, the fans would have welcomed him. But the off court problems were too much.

a 6'4" shooting Guard. He will make a positive contribution. He just needs to realize that he is one of those kids that always gets caught.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #49
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Panerd, why are we the bad guys in asking MBBF to support his claims? Nobody is picking on MBBF. We're asking him to please provide evidence that what he is saying is factually true. That's it. I think that's rather fair.

There's a difference between being a "homer" and being a clown. MBBF is the latter at this stage with his antics. I certainly don't believe you or Mizzourah are anywhere near the level that MBBF is. There's nothing wrong with liking your team and supporting it. Most of MBBF's comments aren't in support of his program, but rather against other programs.

I think it is more when people go after him for semantics or grammar or just for being a big homer. KU and Mizzou are rivals so your banter doesn't bother me much (a little, because I hate KU ) but some of the other guys just seem to want to try and "nail" him on little shit and for that I like to throw it back in their face.

I do sometimes take it wrong as a slam on Mizzou instead of MBBF but I have to say that I agree with a lot of what he says. Of course I am also a big time homer! Defending the Quin Snyder era is probably one place where I won't post a whole lot.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

"landed" is used appropriately in my sentence. It's a big deal to "land" a terrific class. It's not a big deal to "land" a neutral site game on your schedule. All I was doing was pointing out the weird word choice, and noting that it was MBBF, further pointing out that he was painting that "achievement" in a rather hyperbolically positive manner.

So congrats on missing the point.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-25-2010 at 08:36 PM.