Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #451
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
It's official..signal at 12:20 it even passed on tv. Facebook will start charging this summer.if you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook we be free for you.please pass this message if not your count will be deleted.p.s this us serious the icon turns blue.so please put this on your wal

wow, I get spam that is better english than that
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
July of 1988 had 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays, so the 823 years thing is bogus. Too bad, I really wanted to pass along this chain post.

It is money bags though. Those of us paid every other week get 3 paychecks this month.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #453
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
It's official..signal at 12:20 it even passed on tv. Facebook will start charging this summer.if you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook we be free for you.please pass this message if not your count will be deleted.p.s this us serious the icon turns blue.so please put this on your wal

Yeah, saw someone post that last night too.

I guess it makes sense that all of those urban legend/made-up emails people used to get and pass along are now showing up as FB statuses.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #454
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Sigh...

Quote:
So happy i dont start work till 5pm today so i thought i could sleep in since yesterday was the first day on my own and things went wrong but people were so nice about it that made me want to come back today. but no sophie has other ideas like its time for me to get up and play with her she brings me her toys and wont leave me alone have to go to the post office to mail something b4 work hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #455
JediKooter
Coordinator

Is Sophie a dog?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #456
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Cat. Every day for the last two years, I've had the pleasure of knowing at least one of the daily interactions between her and her cat/s.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #457
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Cat. Every day for the last two years, I've had the pleasure of knowing at least one of the daily interactions between her and her cat/s.

Good, I thought it was her kid.

Why don't you just hide her posts so you don't have to read them anymore without de-friending her?

There are a number of people whose posts I have hid either because I didn't want to know what they were up to in such, uh, vivid detail or because they posted all the time about inane nonsense.

In fact, I hid one of my friends' posts because she posted about her cat and baking like 3-4 times a day. It got to be a little much. No value added there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #458
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Wow. So her cat, consumes that much of her attention and time? I'm going to guess that she is single? If not, her husband must be one miserable dude.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #459
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Can I hide myself from my Facebook feed?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #460
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Can I hide myself from my Facebook feed?

Yes.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #461
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Yes.
Thank God.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #462
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Thank God.

It's a bit tricky though.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #463
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
It's a bit tricky though.
Yeah, people have always found it kinda hard to get rid of me.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #464
JediKooter
Coordinator

Pumpy: The gift that keeps on giving.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #465
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It is money bags though. Those of us paid every other week get 3 paychecks this month.

Actually it depends what week cycle you're on. I don't get 3 paychecks this month. My next payday is this week (the 11th) so I'll get again on the 25th.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #466
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I am picking these out as a representation of the "outrage", "disgust", and "appalled" (among other words used) over the Casey Anthony verdict. Same person, two updates, 14 minutes apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook Update 2:58
Wow...not guilty!?! Of anything except lying to the cops!? SHOCKED....just WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook Update 3:12
Enjoying a swim...back to work tomorrow

I love people who are "shocked" over things like this...so shocked, she moved on with her life 14 minutes later.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #467
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Actually it depends what week cycle you're on. I don't get 3 paychecks this month. My next payday is this week (the 11th) so I'll get again on the 25th.

/tk

And I got 3 last month instead of this month.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #468
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I am picking these out as a representation of the "outrage", "disgust", and "appalled" (among other words used) over the Casey Anthony verdict. Same person, two updates, 14 minutes apart.

I love people who are "shocked" over things like this...so shocked, she moved on with her life
14 minutes later.

People use facebook to get their $0.02 on every single topic and then moving on to the next one.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #469
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ha, good one I just got:

Quote:
Facebook is celebrating its 10 year anniversary by giving away a brand new iPad2 to 1,000 Facebook users in every state! Click the link to get yours!

Best part - Facebook's 10 year anniversary isn't until 2014...
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #470
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Ha, good one I just got:

Best part - Facebook's 10 year anniversary isn't until 2014...

I've been getting very very similar chat messages from friends the last few days. Clearly cut and pasted and clearly either hacked or they signed up for a game that sends spam to their friends list.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #471
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow. So her cat, consumes that much of her attention and time? I'm going to guess that she is single? If not, her husband must be one miserable dude.

She's married...to my brother. Well, he's not really my brother (he's actually Samoan), just a best friend, but I lived with him and his family for years, so I just call him my brother. His whole (very large...in many ways) Samoan family calls me "cousin Nick" which is pretty cool.

Anyways, yes...Harry (her husband) is miserable. Poor bastard. I have her on my friends list because Harry doesn't carry his own facebook account. It's one of those lame "combined" accounts. Sigh...

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 07-06-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #472
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
She's married...to my brother. Well, he's not really my brother (he's actually Samoan), just a best friend, but I lived with him and his family for years, so I just call him my brother. His whole (very large...in many ways) Samoan family calls me "cousin Nick" which is pretty cool.

Anyways, yes...Harry (her husband) is miserable. Poor bastard. I have her on my friends list because Harry doesn't carry his own facebook account. It's one of those lame "combined" accounts. Sigh...

Hell, I have that type of familial relationship with a lot of the Polynesians in the Utah County area....
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #473
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't mean to make fun of the mans situation, but, wow. I feel sorry for the guy actually. It sucks being single, but, it sucks more to be in that kind of situation.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #474
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
July of 1988 had 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays, so the 823 years thing is bogus. Too bad, I really wanted to pass along this chain post.

Considering that there are 7 days in a week, and that the 365-day year is 52 weeks and 1 day long, a 5 F-Sa-Su July would happen once every 7 years, on average.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #475
JediKooter
Coordinator

I think a lot of people have problems with big numbers, so they are fascinated by things like that and don't question it.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #476
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The same person I've been posting statuses (stati?) from has reached the pinnacle of Facebook neediness.

I got an invite to an event from her. Titled "Donation to - My "Humble" Dream Wedding"

Go into the event and read this

Quote:
As most of you know, I am disabled and therefore unemployed, as well. Trying to provide a suitable home for my 4 year old son and myself is difficult, but now I am planning a wedding. While this is a joyous occassion, it is also a costly one.

I have chosen not to apply for welfar, and am in the process of appealing the denial of my social security disability benefits. I am in layman's terms- "strapped for cash".

I have always believed in the the kindness of strangers, and so I am asking my Facebook friends for help. If anyone could find it in their hearts to make a donation to my "Wedding Fund" it would be greatly appreciated. Donations can be made with credit cards through PAYPAL.

My PAYPAL account is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I will also accept donations to the following mailing address:
XXXXX XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #477
Kodos
Resident Alien

I get tired of Facebook people who post about nothing but the wonderfulness of God and their relationship with him!

Last edited by Kodos : 07-12-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #478
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I get tired of Facebook people who post about nothing but the wonderfulness of God and their relationship with him!

I don't mind the people who write out in their own words about it, but I've got half a dozen people who are on some "Message from God" facebook app that just spams out something about "God wants you to know blah blah blah."

In fact, I just now remembered I can block apps from appearing and did so. Thanks!
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #479
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
The same person I've been posting statuses (stati?) from has reached the pinnacle of Facebook neediness.

I got an invite to an event from her. Titled "Donation to - My "Humble" Dream Wedding"

I would donate a nickle.

Its the thought that counts!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #480
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

So wait, she doesn't want welfare which is paid by the government, but, wants welfare from her friends on FB?

EDIT: Oh...and if you can't afford your wedding...go to the JOP and then have a party at your house after.

Last edited by JediKooter : 07-12-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #481
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
So wait, she doesn't want welfare which is paid by the government, but, wants welfare from her friends on FB?

EDIT: Oh...and if you can't afford your wedding...go to the JOP and then have a party at your house after.

DING DING DING!

That is "humble".

Planning a year in advance, and going to Niagara Falls (from Pittsburgh) is not "humble".
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #482
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble ...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #483
Kodos
Resident Alien

Are you perfect in every way?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #484
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Yes. Why do you ask?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #485
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So much so in fact that I can't wait to look in the mirror.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #486
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
DING DING DING!

That is "humble".

Planning a year in advance, and going to Niagara Falls (from Pittsburgh) is not "humble".

I don't get people sometimes. Well, actually more than sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the smartest man in the universe and I make my fair share of mistakes, but, she needs a little helping of common sense.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #487
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't get people sometimes. Well, actually more than sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the smartest man in the universe and I make my fair share of mistakes, but, she needs a little helping of common sense.

I may have mentioned this in the past, but where I know her from working in a grocery store during HS, so about 17-20 years ago.

She worked in the office, and got fired for skimming $ off the top, when people would turn in their register drawer at the end of the shift.

I want to post to her that, if she had invested the money she took 20 years ago wisely, she'd have enough to pay for her own wedding now.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #488
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I may have mentioned this in the past, but where I know her from working in a grocery store during HS, so about 17-20 years ago.

She worked in the office, and got fired for skimming $ off the top, when people would turn in their register drawer at the end of the shift.

I want to post to her that, if she had invested the money she took 20 years ago wisely, she'd have enough to pay for her own wedding now.

That would be awesome if you did that.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #489
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
That would be awesome if you did that.

UNLEASH THE DRAMA LLAMA!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #490
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I normally don't care what people post on facebook, I'm good at ignoring all the stupid people out there...but this one made me smile.

Quote:
Posted by an ex of mine:
Cow corpses on display at grocery store. NOT what I want to see while grocery shopping.

It's a little small cart type thing that they hang dry aged beef, no worse than the meet counter, or seafood counter. I just find it funny that someone can walk into the meat department of a grocery store and be offended by.... meat?

Long story short, she was a crazy vegetarian- I love hunting and fishing we didn't last long
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #491
lungs
Pro Rookie

If she wants to see a real cow corpse, come to my farm
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #492
sabotai
General Manager

So a few friends of mine have recently been dumped. Recently, of course, is a relative term. One is as long ago as 6 months, and the other extreme is a few weeks ago.

Of course, they all keep their exes on their friends list.

Even though I know better (because I've been a shoulder they've cried on), it's non-stop posting of all the fun things they are doing and fun places they are going and how great things are for them (multiple exclamation points and everything).....all, of course, for the benefit of the exes they can't get over.

And they wonder why they can't get over them.

EDIT: And they keep all of the photos of their exes, both in their house and on their facebook. Sometimes I'm tempted to go through all of their pics on Facebook, and post "Marked for future deletion" on all of the pics of their exes.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #493
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
So a few friends of mine have recently been dumped. Recently, of course, is a relative term. One is as long ago as 6 months, and the other extreme is a few weeks ago.

Of course, they all keep their exes on their friends list.

Even though I know better (because I've been a shoulder they've cried on), it's non-stop posting of all the fun things they are doing and fun places they are going and how great things are for them (multiple exclamation points and everything).....all, of course, for the benefit of the exes they can't get over.

And they wonder why they can't get over them.

This is very fitting for one of my fb friends right now. It's actually a girl that my brother just broke up with. This girl hasn't made a single fb update since I have known her, but since my brother broke up with her a couple days ago she has posted...
Quote:
Just got done hanging with (name deleted) and getting my tattoo touched up. Good Day!
and then
Quote:
on lunch finally! Thank you breeder lady for making the morning go by super fast! Going running after work and then time to relax!

Ahh, the exclamation points!!!! Never has there been a happier girl.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #494
sabotai
General Manager

She's only using one per sentence though. Give it a week or two, and she'll have more exclamation points than letters in the sentence.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #495
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The latest bit of FB stupidity is even getting on my nerves ... and it's one that I theoretically ought to be sympathetic to.

Quote:
Dear Mr. President, I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or all of Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the Seniors, Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no risks and reap the benefits? Repost if you agree!

While that's all fine & good, best I can figure combined Congressional & Presidential pay comes to about $8m a month. S.S. various benefits are somewhere in excess of $50 BILLION a month. If they still mailed checks, $8 million wouldn't even cover the f'n postage.

Damned if I'm reposting to cry for something that would barely qualify as a nice gesture, much less have any meaning.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #496
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The congressional pay thing kills me as well. If all the senators and the president worked for free, we might be able to afford a few extra cruise missiles.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #497
spleen1015
Coordinator

What do you guys think about this?

I guy I work with just finished up a divorce because his wife is a whore and was cheating on him with a couple of different dudes where she works. She is pretty damn hot, I would say she's an 11 on a 1-10 scale. Once I heard her talk, she dropped to a 1. Her voice is that fucking annoying.

Anyway, the reason for my post. I've noticed over the last few days, a lot of the other guys that I work with are becoming Friends with her on Facebook.

WTF is that all about? These are all guys that are friends with him. Why would you become her friend after she did this to him. Why weren't you friends with her 2 years ago when everything seemed peachy?

I can only assume she's sending the requests, but still. WTF?

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-16-2011 at 04:14 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #498
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
WTF?

First of all, the obligatory PX PLS THX

Now that we've gotten this out of the way ... I'm pretty sure you already answered your own question

Quote:
She is pretty damn hot, I would say she's an 11 on a 1-10 scale.

Seems to me they aren't as good friends with him as you might think and/or they're rating her a 12 instead of 11.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #499
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess the key is to keep her mouth full so she can't talk?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #500
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Come on now, nothing is more important than increasing your friend count when the opportunity arises.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote