Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2022, 08:48 PM   #4851
Swaggs
Coordinator

I saw an article suggesting that he’s just trying to have every conceivable scandal at this point.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:56 AM   #4852
PilotMan
Head Coach

He'll be sweet potatoes vp at this rate.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:49 PM   #4853
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump at the rally in Nebraska for the sexual assault guy.

Quote:
“We’ve endorsed Dr. Oz. We’ve endorsed J.P., right? J.D. Mandel. And he’s doing great. They’re all doing good. They’re all doing good. And let’s see what happens.”

Btw he endorsed JD Vance, who is running against Josh Mandel, but the specifics don't matter to Trump.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:00 PM   #4854
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Btw he endorsed JD Vance, who is running against Josh Mandel, but the specifics don't matter to Trump.

It allows him to claim a victory either way, he is so f'n stupid he almost appears to be a genius.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:20 AM   #4855
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Part of Trump's appeal is that his followers don't care about stuff like that.

Indeed, it is even a positive b/c it triggers the libs. Trump can't remember the name of the guy he's endorsing. Liberals jump up and down "LOOK--he's CLEARLY got mental acuity issues." And for Trump supporters, it's just "Triggered much?"

There's almost a bit of fun to it. Kind of a "Yeah, our guy is that stupid, but he's STILL gonna win and beat your guy."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #4856
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I have never heard a Trump supporter acknowledge Trump is stupid. Never. Actually, this is more of an example of "Trump speaks like me" which is why his supporters love him so much. Yeah, he gets things screwed up but that's because he talks off the cuff and says what he wants whenever he wants. Trump's clear issues to any of us are a feature to them, not a bug.

And any issue like this becomes a pivot point to "Biden is senile," which is why they made such a concerted effort to push that point for months because it's an effective pushback against stuff like this. It's just another example of accusing someone of doing something that he does to blunt any criticism coming back his way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #4857
cuervo72
Head Coach

He's stupid like me?
Old 05-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #4858
Ksyrup

If you don't know any better, what he's saying isn't a lie or uninformed, it's the "real truth" the Swamp doesn't want you to know or is too politically correct to say out loud. If you hear it over and over, it becomes the truth even when confronted with the facts - especially if you are predisposed to viewing life through a "them versus us" prism (say, from spending an inordinate amount of your free time watching Fox News).

For many of these people, politics is basically their entertainment (which dovetails perfectly with boycotting Hollywood for being ultra-liberal) and Trumpism gives them validation for viewing Libs as the enemy of the country.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-04-2022, 07:52 AM   #4859
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Looks like JD Mandel won last night.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 05-04-2022 at 07:53 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:17 PM   #4860
Ksyrup

Stay away from anything on the internet involving Madison Cawthorn and videos. I mean, that's solid advice anytime but specifically now.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #4861
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Stay away from anything on the internet involving Madison Cawthorn and videos. I mean, that's solid advice anytime but specifically now.

You know you just can't post stuff like this and then casually exit the room with no teasers at the very least
Old 05-04-2022, 06:50 PM   #4862
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

He was just trying to be funny.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:28 PM   #4863
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Happy hump day, Madison. It is good that you and your cousin are so.....close.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:33 PM   #4864
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Happy hump day, Madison. It is good that you and your cousin are so.....close.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Was it really with his cousin?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:42 PM   #4865
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Was it really with his cousin?

Well apparently he has a really big family and they are all REALLY close
Old 05-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #4866
BYU 14
Coordinator

Finally saw that video, thankfully blurred. I admit, I have been crass with my friends many times. I can also guarantee, that has never involved lying naked in a bed with them and humping their face.

I guess we now know the reason he turned down those cocaine fueled orgies, hot naked women apparently make his dick limper than his legs are.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #4867
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I can also guarantee, that has never involved lying naked in a bed with them and humping their face.

What a prude.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #4868
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup
Trump's clear issues to any of us are a feature to them, not a bug.

This. Contrary to what you've said earlier in this paragraph, I have seen Trump supporters conclude he is stupid - but that they'll take that stupidity over what they consider to be the far worse traits of the alternative. His confrontational, never-apologize style etc. is seen as a positive over what is perceived as being the weak and feckless nature of most politicians.

There's a lot there to note as horrible about Trump and his supporters. And also some to consider about providing better alternatives.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #4869
RainMaker
General Manager

I think it depends on the supporter. A lot of old school conservatives who know he's dumb but find him to be a nice tool to get morons onboard their causes (like McConnell). Then there are others who think he's the second coming of Christ and is perfect in every way (the folks waiting in Daley Plaza for JFK Jr to show up).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:13 PM   #4870
Atocep
Coordinator

DeSantis created a new holiday in Florida called Victims of Communism Day", which will be November 7th. No one gets the day off or anything though. Instead, schools are required to spend the day teaching students about the atrocities that have ocured under communism.

Last edited by Atocep : 05-10-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:56 AM   #4871
AlexB
Pro Starter

Wow. They do that in North Korean schools in reverse about the US (on a daily basis rather than once a year TBF)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #4872
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

That WV GOP primary shows just how much things have changed.

Due to redistricting, two incumbents ran against each other.

The First guy's pitch was "I brought a ton of money into this state to improve roads, bridges, schools, and internet access"

The second guy's pitch was "He brought a ton of money into this state to improve roads, bridges, schools, and internet access. But the bill passed when Biden was President."

The second guy won by 10+ points.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #4873
cuervo72
Head Coach

Mooney is a crackpot who used to live in Frederick. Let WV have him.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:39 PM   #4874
RainMaker
General Manager

That's hilarious. But West Virginia is where it is for a reason.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #4875
stevew
Hall Of Famer

the PA GOP is on the verge of nominating Doug Mastriano for governor. If he wins, I'm prepared for this place to turn into a bigger dump than it already is. the weather is bad enough, but the laws these jokers will pass will be horrendous.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #4876
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That WV GOP primary shows just how much things have changed.

Due to redistricting, two incumbents ran against each other.

The First guy's pitch was "I brought a ton of money into this state to improve roads, bridges, schools, and internet access"

The second guy's pitch was "He brought a ton of money into this state to improve roads, bridges, schools, and internet access. But the bill passed when Biden was President."

The second guy won by 10+ points.

I actually changed my registration and voted in the Republican primary for this one. Salt in the wound. McKinley literally rode in on the Tea Party wave and Mooney's advertisements called him "Liberal David McKinley."

It's hard to believe. When I was in high school, West Virginia had four US House members that were all Democrats (and had 5 Democrats for most of the 70's) and two Democratic senators. Now, we are down to two QANON representatives, GOPer Shelly Moore-Capitol (whose father was the governor that made the Buffalo Creek Settlement - google that if you want to read a good example of West Virginia political corruption) and Manchin as the only Democrat. And Manchin will probably be the last one for a long time once he decides to retire.

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-12-2022 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #4877
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I actually changed my registration and voted in the Republican primary for this one. Salt in the wound. McKinley literally rode in on the Tea Party wave and Mooney's advertisements called him "Liberal David McKinley."

It's hard to believe. When I was in high school, West Virginia had four US House members that were all Democrats (and had 5 Democrats for most of the 70's) and two Democratic senators. Now, we are down to two QANON representatives, GOPer Shelly Moore-Capitol (whose father was the governor that made the Buffalo Creek Settlement - google that if you want to read a good example of West Virginia political corruption) and Mansion as the only Democrat. And Mansion will probably be the last one for a long time once he decides to retire.

The WVU sports boards have become a toxic pit of hell with the QANON, pro Trump, anti-vax, stolen election nonsense. The state has a declining population, ranks in the bottom 5 in nearly every important measure, and they all blame democrats.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:36 PM   #4878
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The WVU sports boards have become a toxic pit of hell with the QANON, pro Trump, anti-vax, stolen election nonsense.

I understand the irony of me posting this political observation on a football game message board. But one of the worst things about our current era, IMO, is that everything has been taken over by Red v. Blue. You can't have any discussion in any public fora without someone mentioning Trump or Biden. There's just no escape from it.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:22 PM   #4879
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I understand the irony of me posting this political observation on a football game message board. But one of the worst things about our current era, IMO, is that everything has been taken over by Red v. Blue. You can't have any discussion in any public fora without someone mentioning Trump or Biden. There's just no escape from it.

Agreed. There was a local high school football coach who was let go recently and he came out about how it was cancel culture and the liberals wanted him gone because he wasn't giving out participation trophies and stuff. It actually kind of caused a big stink at some board meetings with parents taking sides.

Fact is the team had gone 2-8 and 3-7 the past two seasons. The school isn't a state powerhouse or anything, but they were a perennial playoff team for the past few decades. This guy was the long-time assistant to the previous coach who was a local legend. But he kept that old coach's power I offense (3 backs) which just doesn't seem to vibe with what teams are playing in the region.

The political stuff went down to the kids too. Some opted to play for the private school in the area because they are D1 prospects and playing power run football on a crappy team isn't doing much for showcasing their skills. So he called them soft for that too.

Whole thing was weird and it came down to a guy who just wasn't a good head football coach who turned it political. For the most part, I think the school just didn't want to lose by 40 every other week to their neighbors.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:28 PM   #4880
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

It's hard to believe. When I was in high school, West Virginia had four US House members that were all Democrats (and had 5 Democrats for most of the 70's) and two Democratic senators. Now, we are down to two QANON representatives, GOPer Shelly Moore-Capitol (whose father was the governor that made the Buffalo Creek Settlement - google that if you want to read a good example of West Virginia political corruption) and Mansion as the only Democrat. And Mansion will probably be the last one for a long time once he decides to retire.

It's crazy that WV was so blue that it was one of the 10 states Dukakis won in 1988.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #4881
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
It's crazy that WV was so blue that it was one of the 10 states Dukakis won in 1988.

And Bill Clinton by 12%+ twice.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:46 AM   #4882
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Another sign of how things have changed.

Pat McCrory was the very conservative GOP governor of NC. He signed an anti-trans bathroom bill well before that was cool in GOP circles.

He refused to concede his re-election loss, and when he was a lame duck, he and the GOP legislature passed a bunch of bills to strip power from the incoming governor.

He, in other words, has a documented history as a right-wing culture warrior who plays political hardball with the best of them.

And he's having to run as the liberal RINO in the primary b/c some other guy has the sense to kiss Trump's ass early on to get his endorsement.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:59 AM   #4883
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Quote:
And Bill Clinton by 12%+ twice.

Well lets be honest, in the 90's Joe Manchin would be considered a McCain type republican, though he just does this shit to protect his seat
Old 05-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #4884
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Well lets be honest, in the 90's Joe Manchin would be considered a McCain type republican, though he just does this shit to protect his seat

He also loves attention. More than most politicians. And because of that he's the absolute worst person to have in the swing vote position for Dems. Rather than feel any pressure from the party or from his constituents he just enjoys the media coverage and attention he gets.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #4885
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
He also loves attention. More than most politicians. And because of that he's the absolute worst person to have in the swing vote position for Dems. Rather than feel any pressure from the party or from his constituents he just enjoys the media coverage and attention he gets.

Yup. The White House basically told him "Write the bill you want, and we will work to get it passed." And he turned them down b/c he cares more about the attention he gets from dithering over legislation than he does about whether any particular policy passes or not.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #4886
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

I heard he has great parties on his boat though, probably the ones Cawthorn ratted out.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:15 PM   #4887
BYU 14
Coordinator

But only Dems do this....right?

GOP Staffers Fired in Wake of Potential Ballot Harvesting Scheme in Pennsylvania: Report
Old 05-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #4888
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I think he likes money more. His policies seem to center around what him and his family are invested in. Remember his daughter is a criminal.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:27 PM   #4889
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think he likes money more. His policies seem to center around what him and his family are invested in. Remember his daughter is a criminal.

He's always played the attention game though. As governor he was constantly trying to get involved with WVU sports and forced WVU play Marshall and then hammed it up for the cameras when they played and made sure to remind the everyone how hard he worked to get the games scheduled.

His meddling with WVU is what got his daughter a bullshit degree prior to her becoming a criminal.

Not saying he doesn't love money though. The guy lives on his yacht when working in Washington and drives a Maserati.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:28 PM   #4890
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah that guy needs to be prosecuted
Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #4891
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

GOP are gonna make election fraud an issue on their own to own the libs and show that it's possible. And if it's possible then the libs were obviously doing it first.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #4892
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

GOP are gonna create an election fraud issue to own the libs and show that it's possible. And if it's possible then the libs were obviously doing it first.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #4893
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:29 AM   #4894
BYU 14
Coordinator

Look at that, you know sabermetrics are mainstream when they make their way into politics.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:27 AM   #4895
miked
College Starter

Except Warnock likely going to get toasted by a guy that beats women and can't complete a coherent sentence.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #4896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Except Warnock likely going to get toasted by a guy that beats women and can't complete a coherent sentence.

and has also told several lies that are verified with laughable ease. The GOP just doesn't care.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:17 PM   #4897
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Family values!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0YGOps6wyk2W48
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:39 PM   #4898
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm begging Dems to ignore the complaints about baby formula at the border. Anyone willing to starve all of those babies will not vote D if you offer to starve half of them.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:48 PM   #4899
Atocep
Coordinator

I think we're coming close to a tipping point for Trumpism. 43% of republicans in an ABC poll want someone other than Trump leading the part, with vast majority of those people approving of the job he did as President.

Trumpism is kind of like a ship without a captain. Trump's name is on the ship, but he really doesn't have much control over where it's headed. He's largely a political opportunist that's going to try to balance keeping the base happy and ineffectively trying to steer it away from losing policy. Vaccines are the best example. He dipped his toes in the water trying promote them to his base and received so much backlash he's moved off of the subject. That has to be killing him because in his wheelhouse for something he wants to take full credit for developing.

The Pennsylvania GOP senate primary is another good example. Trump is backing Dr. Oz, but when you spend years dividing people using hate for anything that's not white, christian American you're not going to sell those people on a guy that grew up in a Muslim household and served in the Turkish army. Instead, people are moving toward the which, christian QANON lady.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:46 AM   #4900
Ksyrup

Did you mean witch?