Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SLOP23 PLAYOFFS

So tonight someone will win a title. The Kauai Emeralds, SLOP's '97 Florida Marlins will not be back to defend this title this year meaning we'll get a new champ.

NL ELIMINATION SERIES

VS.

So in the NL, after a one-year absence, Brooklyn is back in the post-season. Meanwhile, the Kings keep on ticking making their 11th straight playoff appearance. The NL this year was ridiculously even all year, meaning it's hard to really say who has an edge here. The two teams split their season series this year, making it even worse.

KEYS FOR BROOKLYN: Beau Fisher and Don Hall have to hit. J.P. Watts has to continue to have the best year of his life playing well over his head with 18 wins. If the Titans decide to put him in the playoff rotation, he'll need to deliver. If he does and the hitters do their work, the Titans could be NLCS bound.

KEYS FOR CAROLINA:
Johnny Ressano is 36! Time flies! The Kings boasted one of the top rotations in the NL this year. There are no standout aces, but solid starters and relief corps that could buoy the team back to the NLCS and on the doorstep of a Series appearance.

PREDICTION: Brooklyn in 4 games. This thing is a push and it'll really be a dogfight for either club. I just think Brooklyn might be a bit more prepared for this one.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-12-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

AL ELIMINATION SERIES

vs.

So this year's ALES features San Diego back in the post-season after a few years off and defending AL champ Lake Tahoe trying to get back to the promised land.

The Dads are a patient team this year boasting two 18-game winners in J.D. Carter and Pat Samons. Eusebio Salavisa is still banging at age 36 and 30 million dollar man Carlos Salazar hit .338 this year.

Meanwhile, Lake Tahoe probably would've won more games if they didn't roll with a 3-man rotation this year. Big money Chris Ross put up 27 wins this year, nearly a $1m for every win which isn't bad considering how big the signing was. But let's keep it real, the best thing about Lake Tahoe is their offense.

23-year old Chaz Joines was a 3rd round pick who is playing WAY over his head this year with 41 HRs which no one saw coming. Pat Kenady hit 39 HRs and Jimmy Speegle had 30. Bottom line is, if the Lake Tahoe bats are coming to play, no one is beating them tonight.

PREDICTION: San Diego in 5 games. Lake Tahoe is the better team, but their thin bullpen makes me think that they're screwed in a short series unless they're gonna do their best impression of the 1993 Blue Jays this post-season.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-12-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLCS PREVIEW:

The Gomers were on no one's list to make the post-season this year. But Gomer put together a nice squad and in a chalk year, his young talent managed to push through the parity and claim a regular season pennant.

They did so boasting one of the worst hitting teams in the NL, but like Lake Tahoe in the AL, this team hits home runs -- 2nd in the league in that category -- and it's easily the best bullpen in the NL too. Still, the only thing you can hope if you're Gettysburg is that you can manage to surprise in a short series. This team is undermanned relative to the other two teams in this post-season and so, it's probably good they got a bye and can be well rested while they await either Carolina or Brooklyn.

They won the season series against Carolina and tied Brooklyn. So they've at least had success against both, but, I'm not convinced this team has the chops to really gun out 4 wins against either of those clubs unless they come in tired, Aidan Rice has the series of his life and the offensive unheralded stars on this team manage to keep the ball out of the park.

If it's a high-scoring series, the depth this team boasts (6 players with 20+ HRs) will be hard to match. But if those Gomer bats go silent, this team is DOA.

PREDICTION: BROOKLYN IN SIX/CAROLINA IN SEVEN.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ALCS PREVIEW

After dropping last year's ALCS, the Choos are back in a familiar position atop the Associated League. Make no mistake though, this is not your Uncle Joe's favorite Winnemucca team here. This team is powered by its pitching. Dave Breglia, Erik Doucet and Denis Sheehan have been the fuel behind this year's run.

If they are lights out, no one in SLOP can match that 1-2-3 rotation anywhere. But their bats are anemic and this team is even worse than Gettysburg offensive in an AL loaded with big bat teams.

Since moving to the 2nd Wild Card, the eventual champion has ALWAYS been a #1 seed. This might be the year that trend ends. If the Choos get their rematch with Subby's Syndicate, they're screwed. If they play San Diego, I feel like they've got a better than average chance of advancing.

PREDICTION: LAKE TAHOE IN 5/WINNEMUCCA IN 6
Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

Bring it on, muthafuckas!

The Confederate army ain't gonna be the only ones who met their end on the battlefields of Gettysburg!
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, so with all of the playoff team exports in, we're going to get a jump on this. Watching real baseball has me excited for this year's playoffs as it's easily the most open bracket we've had.

So here we go!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLES GAME 1: Carolina 5, Brooklyn 4 (11 innings)
ALES GAME 1: Lake Tahoe 5, San Diego 2
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ALES GAME 2: Lake Tahoe 1, San Diego 0 (LKT leads 2-0)
San Diego out hit the Syndicate 4 to 2 in this game

NLES GAME 2: Brooklyn 7, San Diego 5 (Series tied 1-1)
The two teams combined for 25 hits in this one, but Brooklyn's bullpen is what sealed it as four pitchers got holds en route to a 9th inning closeout and the win to tie the series.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLES GAME 3: Brooklyn 10, Carolina 5 (BKN leads series 2-1)
Bobby Rodriguez and Chad Cook go deep, as Carlos Sanchez goes 7 2/3rds to give the Titans a series lead

ALES GAME 3: San Diego 12, Lake Tahoe 6 (LKT leads series 2-1)
The Fathers stave off elimination on the road as Milt Skipworth goes 5 1/3 in relief to get the win and 3 different San Diego hitters go deep.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ALES GAME 4 Lake Tahoe 3, San Diego 1 (LKT wins series 3-1)
Rozay Ross goes 8 innings, gives up 4 hits and strikes out 10 to take the Syndicate back to the ALCS

NLES GAME 4:Carolina 5, Brooklyn 3 (Series tied 2-2)
Rick Knight throw 8 1/3 and despite giving up 10 hits, strikes out 10 and forces a decisive Game 5
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I was trying to setup the Real Time Online Simulation thing
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm gonna have to hit the sack... hoping to wake up in the A.M. to a Christmas morning-like bundle of joy and surprise.

GO GOMERS!

F SUBBY!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sorry, was trying to see if I could real-time sim going. OOTP annoys me at times.

ANYWAY.

NLES GAME 5: Carolina 5, Brooklyn 4
BKN put two on the board in the top of the 8th and Carolina managed to score the game winning run in the bottom of the 8th to advance to the NLCS.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Always said that BKN-CAR series would be a barn burner and this one managed to live up to the hype.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, Real time sim is working now.

Real Time Simulation Thu. 27th Sep. 00:00
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It won't update when I fast-sim quickly, but I won't go slow unless someone specifies.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLCS GAME 1 Box Score

ALCS GAME 1 BOX SCORE
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Gomers tie the series in the NLCS Game 2 (Box)

Meanwhile, Lake Tahoe goes up 2-0 in Winnemucca.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Gomers go up 2-1

Chris Ross wins his 3rd post-season game this year, to put the Syndicate on the brink of their 2nd straight AL pennant.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok enough of that.

NLCS GAME 4: Winnemucca 9, Lake Tahoe 7 (10 innings, LKT leads series 3-1)
ALCS GAME 4: Carolina 5, Gettysburg 3 (Series tied 2-2)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLCS GAME 5: Carolina 8, Gettysburg 8 (CAR leads series 3-2)
ALCS GAME 5: Lake Tahoe 5, Winnemucca 1 (LKT wins series 4-1)

The Lake Tahoe Syndicate are Associated League champions for the 2nd straight year!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NLCS GAME 6: Carolina 9, Gettysburg 2 (CAR wins series 4-2)

The Kings scored 7 in the 7th and will be the Series for the 2nd time in 3 years. The 23rd Sunset Series will pit the last two losers of the Series against each other.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 1

Carolina 6, Lake Tahoe 5

Chris Ross takes his first post-season loss on the chin as the Kings take the early 1-0 series lead.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII Game 2

Lake Tahoe 4, Carolina 3 (Series tied 1-1)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 3

Lake Tahoe 6, Winnemucca 4 (LKT leads series 2-1)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 4

Carolina 10, Lake Tahoe 5 (Series tied 2-2)

This series is a barnburner.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 5

Carolina 7, Lake Tahoe 5 (CAR leads series 3-2)

Dave Cobb wins his 3rd game of the playoffs for Carolina.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 6

Carolina 7, Lake Tahoe 5 (CAR leads series 4-2)

Kings score 3 in the bottom of the 9th to put the Syndicate on the brink.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #29
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 7

Lake Tahoe 5, Carolina 3 (CAR leads series 4-3)

Chris Ross wins his 4th win of the post-season, goes 8 strong to keep the Syndicate in the Series.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #30
Subby
lolzcat

I need some good news tonight. CMON LT!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SUNSET SERIES XXIII GAME 8

Carolina 4, Lake Tahoe 1

Carolina wins their first title in 8 years and the Syndicate go home again disappointed. The Kings are the first wild card to claim a title in the Elimination Series era.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #32
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I need some good news tonight. CMON LT!

Sorry dude. What a bummer, I know.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #33
Subby
lolzcat

Congrats Carolina!

Maybe third time will be the charm.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #34
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Charlie Taylor retires for good after 308 career wins and becoming just the 2nd pitcher in SLOP history with 300 wins.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up. We'll sim to the start of FA on Monday night and do FA1 on Tuesday. Happy weekend speedsters.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

HOF BALLOT

Hall of Fame Voting
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #37
Jack Raden
Mascot

There are a ton of guys on the HOF ballot. Did we have a huge retirement class this year? There are several guys I thought were still active.
Jack Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Raden View Post
There are a ton of guys on the HOF ballot. Did we have a huge retirement class this year? There are several guys I thought were still active.

Try it now. If you put "0" years in the retirement box, some active guys who meet the criteria get in. I fixed it.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #39
Gomer
H.S. Freshman Team

I hate Carolina. There's only room in this league for ONE lion mascott. We're gunnin' for you next year!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #40
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
I hate Carolina. There's only room in this league for ONE lion mascott. We're gunnin' for you next year!

Well I had the lion first Although I think it might be a good idea to change my logo sometime...

All that being said, WOW what a relief to win the series! Baseball is a funny game... I've had (in my opinion) way, way better teams than this over the years that I thought should be championship calibre... Case in point, Olivier Serre played every day for me this year, since I wasn't able to fill some holes I wanted in free agency and I only had one catcher on the roster.

Long story short, it's great to unexpectedly win a championship with a team I didn't think had what it takes to win it all.

I'll come back stronger in the offseason, retool and try to repeat to try to cement my team's legacy.. So many playoff appearances, not enough championships!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote