Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2023, 07:14 AM   #7401
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
In grade school?

SI
That coal isn't going to mine itself. 10year olds are just the right height to get in there deep, and they don't even have to be paid the full minimum wage.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:26 AM   #7402
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That coal isn't going to mine itself. 10year olds are just the right height to get in there deep, and they don't even have to be paid the full minimum wage.

It's like people are incapable of making the same mistakes we made in the past. You'd think we could avoid some of those. Like I get making new mistakes, but looking at the history of labor in this country and being like "yeah, we should go back to when the owners of companies killed strikers with impunity and kids were literally worked to death - we should head back there!" How does that even happen? (My guess is not knowing any of the history? Or not caring because of some ignorant notion that those things won't affect you)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:28 AM   #7403
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
(Or not caring because of some ignorant notion that those things won't affect you)

SI

I think that lack of empathy is a lot of it.

They won't make *my* kids work in the mines. So why should I care?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:31 AM   #7404
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Hunger Games was a documentary.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:44 AM   #7405
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well if they can't use their trafficked kids for sex, they gotta use them for something.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:16 AM   #7406
miked
College Starter

Well, if something bad happened in the past, you can't teach it in most states because it may make white people feel bad.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:48 PM   #7407
Edward64
Head Coach

Whew, finally. Hope the daughter is doing better nowadays.

Quote:
Kellyanne Conway and her husband George have reportedly split after 22 years. Kellyanne and George wed in 2001 and had four children - Claudia, Vanessa, Charlotte, and George - together. They reported have hired lawyers and are working to split their assets. The couple's political rift was brought up in Kellyanne's 2022 memoir Here's The Deal, where she revealed she thought of his criticism as a betrayal to their marriage. She considered his tweets 'cheating' and it was revealed Trump's daughter Ivanka had suggested the pair seek therapy.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 02:09 PM   #7408
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just got back from lunch, where I was immediately greeted by a man at another table going on about "Steny Hoyer and all the other Maryland Communists," how Zelenskyy is a con man, everyone is violating a peace agreement of 2014 that forbids anyone adjacent from Russia from joining NATO; Putin only wants to free the 80% of the populace which is Russian, not Ukrainian, from being butchered by Nazis -- not NEO-Nazis but ACTUAL NAZIS -- that have already slaughtered tens of thousands (only Tucker will tell you this or maybe [unintelligible] who used to be a lib but now is 80% MAGA); can no longer get RT on YouTube but they are only a *little* bit of propaganda but mostly legit world news; Putin is mostly an upright guy, yeah maybe he's killed a couple of reporters but Hilary's Mafia has killed at least ten so it's really no different. Holy SHIT what these people believe and go on and on about.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 03-04-2023 at 07:40 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 02:45 PM   #7409
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Just got back from lunch, where I was immediately greeted by a man at another table going on about "Steny Hoyer and all the other Maryland Communists," how Zelenskyy is a con man, everyone is violating a peace agreement of 2014 that forbids anyone adjacent from Russia from joining NATO; Putin only wants to free the 80% of the populace which is Russian, not Ukrainian, from being butchered by Nazis -- not NEO-Nazis but ACTUAL NAZIS -- that have already slaughtered tens of thousands (only Tucker will tell you this or maybe who used to be a lib but now is 80% MAGA); can no longer get RT on YouTube but they are only a *little* bit of propaganda but mostly legit world news; Putin is mostly an upright guy, yeah maybe he's killed a couple of reporters but Hilary's Mafia has killed at least ten so it's really no different. Holy SHIT what these people believe and go on and on about.

If you want confirmation that there's a massive issue with mental illness in this country all you have to do is check MAGA people's thoughts on Putin and Russia on social media.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 02:52 PM   #7410
cuervo72
Head Coach

Also, Haley has no fucking chance with these people.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #7411
Edward64
Head Coach

Doesn't mean much right now but do think there is a point where DeSantis needs to declare or else GOP money will go to Trump. Not sure when this is though, probably 2H 2023.

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump easily won the Conservative Political Action Conference’s (CPAC) closely watched straw poll on Saturday, notching a symbolic win among the Republican grassroots as he seeks to reclaim the White House in 2024.

Trump won with 62 percent, while Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), likely his closest rival, came in at 20 percent. Businessman Perry Johnson, who announced his candidacy for the White House this week, earned 5 percent.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:06 PM   #7412
JPhillips
General Manager

If Trump goes with Tiny D for DeSantis his base will fucking love it.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:43 PM   #7413
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Doesn't mean much right now but do think there is a point where DeSantis needs to declare or else GOP money will go to Trump. Not sure when this is though, probably 2H 2023.

CPAC was the minor league show this week for the GOP. The Club for Growth also held an event which is where all the GOP money is and Trump wasn't invited.

Last edited by Atocep : 03-04-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 03:42 PM   #7414
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kevin McCarthy and Carlson should be fired into the sun.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:14 PM   #7415
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

KY has odd year governor elections so not only are we're getting all the commercials, but since the incumbent is a Democrat, all the commercials are GOP.

I've heard the phrase "woke agenda" so many times that I just automatically break out into a "WOKE AGENDA, WOKE AGENDA, WOO OH OH KE AGEENNNN NNNN DA!" song to the tune of Hallelujah (the church song, not Cohen's). It's about all I can do to keep my sanity. And it's just March.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:32 PM   #7416
JPhillips
General Manager

I was pretty surprised to see GOP primary commercials when I was in KY during Christmas.
Old 03-09-2023, 07:15 AM   #7417
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The Lieutenant Governor of Tennessee was using his official account to like and affirmatively comments on pics of a young gay man. The Lt. Gov. Has supported the anti-LGBTQ laws passed and proposed in Tennessee.

His team's response to the accusations are amazing and insane in how normalized they are for the Republican party.

Tennessee Lt. Governor McNally's Instagram account commented on man's photos

Quote:
Trying to imply something sinister or inappropriate about a great-grandfather’s use of social media says more about the mind of the left-wing operative making the implication than it does about Randy McNally,” the statement read. “As anyone in Tennessee politics knows, Lt. Governor McNally is a prolific social media commenter. He takes great pains to view every post he can and frequently posts encouraging things to many of his followers. Does he always use the proper emoji at the proper time? Maybe not. But he enjoys interacting with constituents and Tennesseans of all religions, backgrounds and orientations on social media. He has no intention of stopping.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:29 AM   #7418
Thomkal
Head Coach

The news that Trump is about to be indicted in NY over the Stormy Daniels case (he was invited to testify before the Grand jury and Michael Cohen has testified like 19 times recently on it) has clearly thrown him over the edge:

https://twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGhost/...14619001065472
Old 03-10-2023, 09:20 AM   #7419
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is a nothing burger which will ultimately help him.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:40 AM   #7420
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm no lawyer, but if criminal charges are brought against Trump, then Voir Dire is going to be fun. Good luck trying to find people who have no strong opinions on Trump and have fun weeding out the people that do have agendas. You know there are liberals out there that would like to be the ones that put Trump behind bars as well as conservatives who would do anything to keep their deity from going to jail.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #7421
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm no lawyer, but if criminal charges are brought against Trump, then Voir Dire is going to be fun. Good luck trying to find people who have no strong opinions on Trump and have fun weeding out the people that do have agendas. You know there are liberals out there that would like to be the ones that put Trump behind bars as well as conservatives who would do anything to keep their deity from going to jail.

Yeah I agree but where would you go in the country to find jurors who aren't biased for or against him? They are going to have to be extra thorough in their jury questionnaires and selection process. Try to find people who have pretty much ignored everything political or Trump related.
Old 03-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #7422
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Do you guys think he will ever actually go to a jury trial? I don't.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:23 PM   #7423
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Do you guys think he will ever actually go to a jury trial? I don't.

I do. He will try every legal manuever he can to delay or dismiss like we saw with his taxes until he has no other choice but to face a jury. I don't think he can plead the 5th there. And the rape trial with Carroll and two other women is moving forward too today. Now he might try to make a deal at that point to try to get a lesser sentence, but even that may be too much for him to admit he's guilty. I honestly think he's going to end up in a prison with psychology evaluation and treatment whether he wants it or not.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:39 PM   #7424
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah I agree but where would you go in the country to find jurors who aren't biased for or against him? They are going to have to be extra thorough in their jury questionnaires and selection process. Try to find people who have pretty much ignored everything political or Trump related.

Basically this skit

O.J. Simpson Jurors Are Hard to Come By (James Franco) - SNL - YouTube
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 12:45 PM   #7425
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

LOL, yep that's about it
Old 03-10-2023, 03:02 PM   #7426
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I do. He will try every legal manuever he can to delay or dismiss like we saw with his taxes until he has no other choice but to face a jury. I don't think he can plead the 5th there. And the rape trial with Carroll and two other women is moving forward too today. Now he might try to make a deal at that point to try to get a lesser sentence, but even that may be too much for him to admit he's guilty. I honestly think he's going to end up in a prison with psychology evaluation and treatment whether he wants it or not.

The man has had zero accountability his whole life, and that was before any prosecution against him would be hyper politicized. I don't see it happening now.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:57 PM   #7427
Ksyrup

DeSantis revoked a Miami Hyatt's liquor license for hosting a drag queen Christmas show that allowed minors to attend the show with adults.

Suddenly, parents don't know what's best for their children when the parents make the wrong choices according to one side of the political aisle.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2023, 06:59 PM   #7428
JPhillips
General Manager

I know Tiny D is counting on his social stances to win the nomination but I just think this is toxic to the suburban voters he needs to win back to the GOP.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:25 PM   #7429
Ksyrup

But will they vote?
Old 03-14-2023, 10:23 PM   #7430
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
DeSantis revoked a Miami Hyatt's liquor license for hosting a drag queen Christmas show that allowed minors to attend the show with adults.

Suddenly, parents don't know what's best for their children when the parents make the wrong choices according to one side of the political aisle.

Marriott still has their liquor license.

Orlando Marriott hosts white nationalist conference with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene – Orlando Sentinel
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 12:07 PM   #7431
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump filed an ethics complaint against DeSantis accusing him of undermining his presidential campaign with a "shadow campaign".

This is likely to put pressure on DeSantis to formerly announce a run, but DeSantis is really getting to Trump.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:22 PM   #7432
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I'm not taking any sides with this post but what does it say about our country when drag shows are a current hot button issue?

Can't we talk more about reducing the deficit or something?
Old 03-15-2023, 12:30 PM   #7433
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not taking any sides with this post but what does it say about our country when drag shows are a current hot button issue?

A major bank failed, and the GOP response is that it was too woke.

All is culture war.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:49 PM   #7434
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Because the GOP loses on those issues. They have tapped into their bases primal instincts and fear. They hate what they don't understand and isn't like them. It has become ok to say the quiet parts out loud. A large part of their base are poor and uneducated, and the rest of the base capitalizes off those things, so why would anyone want to upend that?
Old 03-15-2023, 01:07 PM   #7435
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Because the GOP loses on those issues.

Yup. Biden just released a budget that calls for more taxes and more spending.

And McCarthy gave the whole "There is too much taxing and spending already" response.

And the GOP base just did not care. They are way more into drag queen story hour.

The GOP has trained their voters to not care about economic issues (except as proxy for culture issues (i.e. too many black people getting welfare)). So their base does not care about economic issues.

It has helped keep the base energized in the short term, but I wonder if the long-term strategy is a bit lacking.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:25 PM   #7436
GrantDawg

Quote:
Because the GOP loses on those issues. They have tapped into their bases primal instincts and fear. They hate what they don't understand and isn't like them. It has become ok to say the quiet parts out loud. A large part of their base are poor and uneducated, and the rest of the base capitalizes off those things, so why would anyone want to upend that?
You left out old. The older people get, the more they distrust the "Other." The more they romanticize the past. The more they are only concerned about themselves. That's why Trump is the champion of Social Security/Medicare all of the sudden. He gets which side his bread is buttered.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #7437
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe he should've stuck to making pillows and snorting crack:

'Had to borrow $10 million': MyPillow CEO complains company in debt due to pushing Trump 2020 election lies
Old 03-16-2023, 07:21 PM   #7438
Ksyrup

I see Ben Stein (who I didn't realize was still alive) has covered himself in glory. It's like all these old white guys are falling all over themselves to say the shit they wish they could have said when they were relevant.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:47 AM   #7439
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

I've spent the last two hours looking all over the house for an ounce of sympathy and I'm here to report that I was unable to find any.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 12:54 PM   #7440
Ksyrup

So post-election polls are now more accurate than actual poll results themselves? WTF?

Also notice in the final tweet that she starts with "half the electorate believes the election was stolen", and then finishes with a "fact" that our fraudulent systems are not sustainable. Nice trick.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-17-2023 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:04 PM   #7441
Thomkal
Head Coach

So turns out the attorney who's been representing Trump on air with CNN and MSNBC this past week over possible charges over the Stormy Daniels payment, had an attorney/client relationship in 2017? with... Stormy Daniels.

Also Trump went all in on supporting Putin-says DOJ and other law enforcement officials are the problem not Putin and need to be replaced with people loyal to him when he takes office
Old 03-17-2023, 03:28 PM   #7442
JPhillips
General Manager

It's Rasmussen, so ...
Old 03-17-2023, 04:51 PM   #7443
GrantDawg

Fox News is reporting that the NY DA met with the law enforcement to coordinate the arrest of Donald Trump sometime next week. Could it really happen?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2023, 05:19 PM   #7444
Edward64
Head Coach

Let’s hope so

But then bail and out within 24 hours?
Old 03-17-2023, 05:27 PM   #7445
GrantDawg

From what they are saying, booked and released. They are working with the Secret Service, and they are going to be the ones calling the shots on what they are allowed to do.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2023, 06:11 PM   #7446
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump being arrested and released immediately for paying off a porn star will do nothing but help him
Old 03-17-2023, 07:42 PM   #7447
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Now the real question is if Trump will be in jail longer than he was in Stormy.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:04 PM   #7448
Flasch186
Coordinator

Zing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:05 AM   #7449
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!" Trump wrote on Truth Social Saturday morning.

It's as if January 6th never happened, of maybe that's exactly why he posted this. Either way, I think he will be underwhelmed by how many people act out on his behalf this time.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #7450
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Good opportunity for some more net negatives to society to Darwin themselves, incrementally improving our country overall. Hopefully they don't take any police with them (unless they themselves are, of course, police).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote