Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2023, 07:16 PM   #7901
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
The next time the VP choice truly matters will be the first time the VP choice truly matters (at least in the post-WWII era). Earlier this year I was interested in this as an idea and looked at all the races and all the analyses I was able to find and read indicated that there's no evidence that the VP choice has ever contributed significantly to a race, again, in the post-WWII era.

Compelling narratives exist, but Palin didn't really sink McCain, Gore didn't really help Clinton, Quayle turned out not to be a liability for Bush, and so on and so forth.
I am realluy not concerned about her drag on the ticket. I'm concerned about her drag on the party. She is the presumptive nominee in 2028, and could be the President before that time.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:31 PM   #7902
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I am realluy not concerned about her drag on the ticket. I'm concerned about her drag on the party. She is the presumptive nominee in 2028, and could be the President before that time.

Exactly my concern as well. I think y'all make great points that VP has never really mattered, but Harris doesn't appeal to me or anybody I know (for what little is that worth) yet it still feels inevitable that she is going to get forced into that nomination based on some kind of seniority.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:52 PM   #7903
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm not concerned about her drag on the party in 2024. Or as a presumptive nominee in 2028. I do believe Joe will give her more & better opportunities in 2nd term (he has to right?).

I am concerned about her replacing Joe if needed during the 2nd term. I don't know what the odds are but it's fair to say the odds are greater with Joe-Kamala than pretty much any other combo.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:12 PM   #7904
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm not concerned about her drag on the party in 2024. Or as a presumptive nominee in 2028. I do believe Joe will give her more & better opportunities in 2nd term (he has to right?).

I am concerned about her replacing Joe if needed during the 2nd term. I don't know what the odds are but it's fair to say the odds are greater with Joe-Kamala than pretty much any other combo.

Still better than a Trump presidency. Absolutely no hyperbole when I say a second Trump term will destroy America as we know it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:17 PM   #7905
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Still better than a Trump presidency. Absolutely no hyperbole when I say a second Trump term will destroy America as we know it.

I agree with you. And agree its not an exaggeration.

I've said it before, Joe has exceeded my expectations overall and am pretty happy with him.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:37 PM   #7906
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I left the board once for 3 years. You would all miss me too much

I think it would drive up your popularity actually. We could charge admission!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #7907
cuervo72
Head Coach

When a conservative podcaster came to campus, students did not want to listen | CNN

Back to the campus free speech discussion, because I don't know which thread that was again.

Quote:
Chrystal, another protester at Pitt who did not share a last name with CNN, said: “If someone wants to inflict harm on you, are you going to debate them inflicting harm on you? No.” Chrystal added: “Why should someone be able to come in and tell me I don’t deserve to exist? I’m not trying to walk up to someone who’s Christian and tell them that they don’t deserve to exist for being Christian.”

Quote:
“It’s a deliberate strategy on the part of these organizations to try to find a controversial speaker, try to provoke the liberal students into having a reaction, and making sure all of that gets filmed and edited in a certain way that makes those students look as bad as possible,” she said.

Franks is a professor at the University of Miami School of Law who argues that some conservatives and liberals are free speech fundamentalists who use the First Amendment the same way religious fundamentalists use the Bible, which undermines the integrity of the entire Constitution. She thinks that portraying the recent campus protests as threats to free speech is misleading.

“When someone backs you into a corner and says, ‘I don’t like your ideas,’ the easiest thing for you to say is, ‘Oh? Well, that’s because you don’t like my free speech. It’s because you want to censor me,’” Franks said. “It’s really the coward’s way of trying to deal with any argument. Your answer should be, ‘Here’s why my ideas are interesting, and why they’re important,’ not invoking some kind of quasi-constitutional gloss for what you have to say.”

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-28-2023 at 08:53 AM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:55 AM   #7908
cuervo72
Head Coach

Actually, this seems like a pretty relevant snippet too:

Quote:
At Pitt, Knowles was scheduled to appear with Deirdre McCloskey, an economics professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago and trans woman. But a week before the event, McCloskey pulled out. She told CNN, “He’s not a serious person on these matters. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s an agitator. He wants to arouse hatred.”

McCloskey criticized students who did not want Knowles to speak at all, and she drew a distinction between not wanting him to speak and not wanting to debate him.

“It’s the old problem: Do you debate White nationalists? Do you debate fascists? Do you debate communists, for that matter?” she said. “The trouble is that if you do, you convey the feeling that they have something to say which you take seriously. I don’t take seriously his opinions.”
Old 04-28-2023, 01:54 PM   #7909
RainMaker
General Manager

The school campus stuff is so lame to me. Trying to rile up 19 year olds on a college campus. Same with them targeting kids on health issues.

Just the biggest load of pussies you can imagine.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:40 PM   #7910
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The school campus stuff is so lame to me. Trying to rile up 19 year olds on a college campus. Same with them targeting kids on health issues.

Just the biggest load of pussies you can imagine.
Pussies are tough. You can pound them and pound them, and they keep coming back for more.

It reminds me of the church that protests soldier's funerals with there "God hates fags" signs. There are a bunch of people on Tik Tok and Youtube that do stuff like that. They are not trying to make some grand point (though they'll claim they proving the rights), but are just trying to annoy people to get their reaction on camera. They are just hoping someone will actually take a swing so they can sue them.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #7911
RainMaker
General Manager

Shocking I know.
Jane Roberts, Who Is Married to the Supreme Court Chief Justice, Made $10.3 Million in Commissions: Documents
Old 04-28-2023, 03:18 PM   #7912
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I will say that I do love to see that every political journo/paper/podcast/website in DC is apparently currently doing a deep dive into every justice's finances. Let those rats feel & fear the spotlight.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:52 PM   #7913
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I will say that I do love to see that every political journo/paper/podcast/website in DC is apparently currently doing a deep dive into every justice's finances. Let those rats feel & fear the spotlight.

It's ok. They don't believe they need any oversight. We just need to trust they're doing the right thing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:25 PM   #7914
RainMaker
General Manager

The Senate has oversight and is the checks and balance on the Supreme Court. But Durbin is just shrugging his shoulders pretending you can't do anything.

It's astounding too since new polls have shown the public is very much against Thomas and SCOTUS at the moment. Democrats love ineffective politicians.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:34 PM   #7915
Flasch186
Coordinator

Nothing to see here and nothing will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:27 PM   #7916
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pussies are tough. You can pound them and pound them, and they keep coming back for more.

It reminds me of the church that protests soldier's funerals with there "God hates fags" signs. There are a bunch of people on Tik Tok and Youtube that do stuff like that. They are not trying to make some grand point (though they'll claim they proving the rights), but are just trying to annoy people to get their reaction on camera. They are just hoping someone will actually take a swing so they can sue them.

That's Kansas's good ol' Westboro Baptist. The Phelps family is mostly lawyers so they basically live to sue.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:51 AM   #7917
RainMaker
General Manager

This one feels like a 1A violation but who knows anymore.

Texas guts ‘woke civics’. Now kids can’t engage in a key democratic process | Texas | The Guardian
Old 05-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #7918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesus Christ.

The GOP is horrified of the next generation of voters. It really is staggering.

They also REALLY don't understand a very basic concept of dealing with kids is if you tell them they can't do something, or try to keep them from doing something, they will only want to do it more.

Just look at Wisconsin.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:23 PM   #7919
Atocep
Coordinator

A large portion of the gop believes they lost Gen z because of brainwashing in our education system rather than their horribly unpopular policies. So their plan is to limit youth voting and impact until they can try to brainwash their own generation.

Last edited by Atocep : 05-01-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:27 PM   #7920
Swaggs
Coordinator

This is just sad stuff. It used to be that elections would keep the parties accountable and, if they got too far to the left or right and the policies didn't work, they would have to move back towards the center in order to win elections. Now, rather than the right acknowledging that their policies don't always work, they just try to make it harder to vote.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:30 PM   #7921
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yet these people consider themselves to be "patriots."
Old 05-01-2023, 02:43 PM   #7922
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And the meatgrinder just keeps rolling on. Our political system has definitely proven the "too big to fail" nature of the 2-party system. It no longer matters who is the nominee - there is no bottom. Everything falls in line as if it's all just perfectly normal politics as usual.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:51 PM   #7923
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

CNN's bet is that anyone who still watches cable news is MAGA.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 03:03 PM   #7924
Ksyrup

And most of them are going to react to Trump trying to get them to watch CNN like they did when he suggested they get vaccinated.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-01-2023, 04:02 PM   #7925
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
A large portion of the gop believes they lost Gen z because of brainwashing in our education system rather than their horribly unpopular policies. So their plan is to limit youth voting and impact until they can try to brainwash their own generation.

but they've been the ones brainwashing them with their boarding private school crap
Old 05-01-2023, 04:38 PM   #7926
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

And I think even that isn't working so they're just going to increase the power of the courts and decrease the power of the executive and legislative branches for now.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:04 PM   #7927
RainMaker
General Manager

Seems like the reason he was fired is going to end up showing in the text messages Fox illegally withheld from discovery.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:33 PM   #7928
Atocep
Coordinator

It looks like No Fault Divorce is in the GOP crosshairs now. Because, ya know, abusive guys should be able to keep their women in place whether she likes it or not.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:12 AM   #7929
RainMaker
General Manager

You should read up on some of the stories before no-fault divorce came into play. It was quite crazy. Also the female suicide rate dropped 20% after it was implemented.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:10 AM   #7930
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You should read up on some of the stories before no-fault divorce came into play. It was quite crazy. Also the female suicide rate dropped 20% after it was implemented.

Subjugate the women and children, make them dumb so they can work the fields and factories, deny all rights to the poor and those of color and give all the money to their rich overlords. Ensure guns in the hands of the zealots to kill all debate or dialogue for rationale or common sense (literally). Make no vote count but their own, and there is no environment just land that hasn't been exploited yet.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Republican party (soon to be only party).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #7931
cuervo72
Head Coach

Erasing Memory -- Censoring and rewriting history: We've seen this movie before.

Good rundown. (dammit, substack)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 05-03-2023 at 11:41 AM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 01:03 PM   #7932
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It seems less helpful to think of being a Republican meaning having a set of political beliefs and more helpful to think of it as an identity.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #7933
Thomkal
Head Coach

Appearantly in the Carroll vs Trump Rape case, the defense is not going to call any witnesses and Trump himself is out of the country in Ireland and Scotland visiting his golf courses.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:34 PM   #7934
miked
College Starter

Right, has more to do with the fact that they see EVs as a progressive issue and will just bite their finger off out of spite.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:35 PM   #7935
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Appearantly in the Carroll vs Trump Rape case, the defense is not going to call any witnesses and Trump himself is out of the country in Ireland and Scotland visiting his golf courses.
They expect the case to go to the jury by lunch-time tomorrow. Either Trump's team feels they did enough in cross examination that they do not need a defense, or they feel they have enough to get any judgement overturned on appeal. My guess is the former. Or maybe a third thing that they expect a summary judgement before it even goes to the jury.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-03-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:37 PM   #7936
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Right, has more to do with the fact that they see EVs as a progressive issue and will just bite their finger off out of spite.
Except in Georgia. Kemp and his gang are completely betting on EV, with three major plants, two battery factories, and a large EV recycling center all being built and getting heavy state subsidies.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:45 PM   #7937
miked
College Starter

They want the jobs, but all will turn their noses at EVs because progressives. They do not equate the success of EVs with an increase in jobs and industry. I also saw a ton of "No Rivian" signs when I was driving through central/south GA.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #7938
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
They want the jobs, but all will turn their noses at EVs because progressives. They do not equate the success of EVs with an increase in jobs and industry. I also saw a ton of "No Rivian" signs when I was driving through central/south GA.
The "no Rivian" thing is not about EV's. It is about "not in my back yard." There are some very wealthy land owners in Rutledge that own huge pieces of land out there that have long fought any kind of large developments there. They belong to the Uber-wealthy hunting club close to that area, and they like having their own little hunting resorts. There have been numerous projects that they have sunk from factories to amusement parks exactly where Rivian is going. It was Kemp that got that plant put there.

Kemp and his cronies are very pro clean energy jobs. That is one of their major breaks with more Trumpian contingent.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 05-03-2023 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:48 PM   #7939
Ksyrup

I'm going crazy with all of the MAGA GOP primary ads here in KY. We do elections on the odd off-years, and primaries are in about 2 weeks, so we're getting 3-4 every commercial break. The worst/funniest are the ones for specific state positions other than governor. You've got the MAGA agriculture secretary candidate who is running against taxing cow farts (including an actual fart noise) and banning meat, and the treasurer whose main selling point is "tough on illegals" - because illegals are stealing so much of our tax money that the GOP is *checks notes* cutting the state income tax every year, with a plan to eventually zero it out. Because, you know, we have all of that coast line and tens of millions of tourists to pay for our infrastructure here...
Old 05-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #7940
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
They expect the case to go to the jury by lunch-time tomorrow. Either Trump's team feels they did enough in cross examination that they do not need a defense, or they feel they have enough to get any judgement overturned on appeal. My guess is the former. Or maybe a third thing that they expect a summary judgement before it even goes to the jury.

they paid off enough people
Old 05-03-2023, 08:08 PM   #7941
GrantDawg

Does make me wonder, CF. You have to think they are pretty confident.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2023, 08:12 PM   #7942
Thomkal
Head Coach

You know I had been wondering why we hadn't heard about Herschel Walker since the election..well now we have and he's not running again:

Emails Reveal ‘Jaw-Dropping’ Herschel Walker Money Scandal
Old 05-03-2023, 08:22 PM   #7943
JPhillips
General Manager

Definitely Trump-like. Where did all the money go that was supposed to be for investigating election fraud?
Old 05-03-2023, 08:31 PM   #7944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does the GOP really not grasp their biggest issue is candidate quality? When they trot out someone halfway normal (younkin, Vance) they win.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:43 PM   #7945
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
That's Kansas's good ol' Westboro Baptist. The Phelps family is mostly lawyers so they basically live to sue.

SI

Went to Equality House on the way to Denver and got a birds eye view of that shithole across the street.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:20 AM   #7946
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does the GOP really not grasp their biggest issue is candidate quality? When they trot out someone halfway normal (younkin, Vance) they win.

And saying "JD Vance is normal" is probably a bit of a fudge

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #7947
Ksyrup

It's all relative...
Old 05-04-2023, 10:01 AM   #7948
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

SI

I still think Tim Ryan ran a pretty horrible campaign. He tried to distance himself from Democrats (and Vance didn't let voters forget that Ryan was a Democrat). He also threw footballs at TVs for some reason.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:27 AM   #7949
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

SI

I said halfway and when you compare him to Walker, Oz, mastriano, lake, masters, etc. he certainly qualifies as halfway normal.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:02 PM   #7950
Thomkal
Head Coach

Proud Boys trial verdicts-mostly Guilty on all counts, may still be deliberating some.