Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2023, 09:05 AM   #8201
Thomkal
Head Coach

I sense a theme...

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...65655347019776
Old 05-30-2023, 06:02 PM   #8202
BYU 14
Coordinator

A very definite one, as well as a stark difference

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:06 PM   #8203
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
A very definite one, as well as a stark difference

Lets not forget Trump's campaign spokesperson also used Mayor Pete's service to mock DeSantis on memorial day as well.

Yet his supporters were pointing to the fact that Trump was losing the military mail in vote as proof of fraud.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 04:54 PM   #8204
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Jack Smith is reported to have Trump on tape from 2021 talking about one of the secret documents he kept. It was the US invasion plan for Iran.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:17 PM   #8205
RainMaker
General Manager

I sort of wonder if DeSantis strategy is to jump in the race and hope that multiple indictments turn people away from Trump. If the reports are true, they have him dead to rights on leaking classified information. It sounds like the election interference might go through in Georgia too.

Still don't think it matters but maybe they think 3 separate criminal trials will be enough for some to move to DeSantis and avoid the headache.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:19 PM   #8206
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ans then pardons him after he's elected.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:39 PM   #8207
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I sort of wonder if DeSantis strategy is to jump in the race and hope that multiple indictments turn people away from Trump. If the reports are true, they have him dead to rights on leaking classified information. It sounds like the election interference might go through in Georgia too.

Still don't think it matters but maybe they think 3 separate criminal trials will be enough for some to move to DeSantis and avoid the headache.

The tape of him discussing the classified document on Iran is the first time I've felt jail is a legit possibility here. If it's true he discussed having it, that he knew it was classified, that he wasn't supposed to have it, and wanted to share it with others he's fucked and should be.

This man's ability to undermine his own defense of everything is something to behold.

EDIT: Also, for a guy as paranoid as Trump is; he rips up documents, flushes them down the toilet, ect. He puts himself in position to be recorded incriminating himself quite a bit.

Last edited by Atocep : 05-31-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:46 PM   #8208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Jack Smith is reported to have Trump on tape from 2021 talking about one of the secret documents he kept. It was the US invasion plan for Iran.

Just him having this, let alone on tape discussing it, shouldn't only be disqualifying for office, it should be life in prison.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:49 PM   #8209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The tape of him discussing the classified document on Iran is the first time I've felt jail is a legit possibility here. If it's true he discussed having it, that he knew it was classified, that he wasn't supposed to have it, and wanted to share it with others he's fucked and should be.

This man's ability to undermine his own defense of everything is something to behold.

EDIT: Also, for a guy as paranoid as Trump is; he rips up documents, flushes them down the toilet, ect. He puts himself in position to be recorded incriminating himself quite a bit.

The problem is Garland works so damn slow by the time this actually comes to trial he will be the nominee and the DOJ won't pursue.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:52 PM   #8210
GrantDawg

Jack Smith has the case. Every indication he is almost finished with that part of the investigation. Garland could technically stop him from going for an indictment I guess, but I don't think he would.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:58 PM   #8211
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The problem is Garland works so damn slow by the time this actually comes to trial he will be the nominee and the DOJ won't pursue.

I think that's by design. Delay an indictment and then come out and say "well we didn't want to do it near an election".
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:00 PM   #8212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Jack Smith has the case. Every indication he is almost finished with that part of the investigation. Garland could technically stop him from going for an indictment I guess, but I don't think he would.

Even if they indict tomorrow it won't see a courtroom for a year. Then they will delay because he will be the nominee.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:26 AM   #8213
whomario
Pro Starter

Speaker Kevin McCarthy is reportedly giving January 6 security footage to conspiracy theorist Julie Kelly | Media Matters for America

All the best people working together again.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 10:16 PM   #8214
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah so maybe that CNN Town Hall with Trump wasn't such a good idea after all:

Just a moment...
Old 06-03-2023, 07:04 AM   #8215
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Just a moment...

Licht really thought that CNN could base a business model on the loyalty of people who think Chick Fil A is too liberal.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:40 AM   #8216
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Just a moment...

Shortly before there was a piece in the Atlantic about Licht in general with the Town Hall featuring prominently: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trump/674255/
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 06-03-2023, 08:59 AM   #8217
Ksyrup

This may be the prelude to a complete removal, but he's still in charge of programming. And, similar to the Bud Light fiasco, I think it's totally preposterous for the higher ups to wash their hands of the decisions being made below them. They bought into Licht's vision for how to turn around or remake CNN. So to make this out to be some isolated thing happening below them is pretty ridiculous.

I get that you hold the people responsible who failed to execute the strategy (similar to firing coaches and GMs), but the higher ups are responsible for approving off on a strategy that was virtually unexecutable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #8218
Ksyrup

And speaking of CNN, my boss took his car in for service to a guy he's been buying cars and getting service from for 25 years. When he came to pick up his car, the guy came out and said, "What the hell are you listening to CNN for?" He tried to back away from the conversation as best he could, but then the guy noticed the car his son (who was dropping him off) was driving - a Suburu - and said something about that, too. Kid said he liked the car and the guy said something to effect of, "Yeah, they have very loyal customers. Like liberals and gays." And then when my boss got into his car, the radio was programmed to Fox News.

What my boss was most incredulous at was the idea that people think it's OK to just make these kinds of statements, particularly in a business context. We both agreed that we'd never come out and just launch into some anti-Trump commentary meeting with clients, or even talking with neighbors, if we didn't know their leaning. We just chalked it up to being in Kentucky and everyone assuming the people around them are as red as they are.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:23 AM   #8219
Kodos
Resident Alien

That would be a never return to their business scenario.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:00 AM   #8220
GrantDawg

This is my every day. I'm old white man, so everyone assumes I'm facist friendly. People are way more openly racist than they were pre-2016

Old 06-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #8221
Flasch186
Coordinator

It’s the movie Us in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 12:33 PM   #8222
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
People are way more openly racist than they were pre-2016

The enduring legacy of the Trump Era.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #8223
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And speaking of CNN, my boss took his car in for service to a guy he's been buying cars and getting service from for 25 years. When he came to pick up his car, the guy came out and said, "What the hell are you listening to CNN for?" He tried to back away from the conversation as best he could, but then the guy noticed the car his son (who was dropping him off) was driving - a Suburu - and said something about that, too. Kid said he liked the car and the guy said something to effect of, "Yeah, they have very loyal customers. Like liberals and gays." And then when my boss got into his car, the radio was programmed to Fox News.

What my boss was most incredulous at was the idea that people think it's OK to just make these kinds of statements, particularly in a business context. We both agreed that we'd never come out and just launch into some anti-Trump commentary meeting with clients, or even talking with neighbors, if we didn't know their leaning. We just chalked it up to being in Kentucky and everyone assuming the people around them are as red as they are.

Time to find a new mechanic
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #8224
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
It’s the movie Us in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that ending sucked
Old 06-03-2023, 04:07 PM   #8225
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Licht really thought that CNN could base a business model on the loyalty of people who think Chick Fil A is too liberal.

I've been wondering if someone wqanted him to do it because it would further expose what an idiot trump is and cause him to say stuipid self exposing things
Old 06-03-2023, 05:23 PM   #8226
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

One of the bigger changes I've noticed since 2008 is how it used to be liberals who forced red/blue politics into ever interaction ("If you aren't outraged, then you aren't paying attention!") and now it is conservatives.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #8227
bronconick
College Starter

Well, Kevin has to do something after he made a big deal about giving all the footage to Tucker Carlson, who got shitcanned instead.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:39 PM   #8228
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I've been wondering if someone wqanted him to do it because it would further expose what an idiot trump is and cause him to say stuipid self exposing things

if someone doesn't have an opinion on trump already (one way or the other), they've been in a coma the last decade.
Old 06-04-2023, 02:03 AM   #8229
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Well, Kevin has to do something after he made a big deal about giving all the footage to Tucker Carlson, who got shitcanned instead.

He did air some of the footage before that though. Maybe there would have been a part 2 (and 3 and 4) but it's not like he didn't get to air what he claimed was oh so damning.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:52 AM   #8230
GrantDawg

They are still threatening to remove McCarty as speaker, and I say let them. Nothing useful is coming out the House for the next two years anyway. Let the GOP infighting shut down the House. I'm sure that the American people will see that and say "let's vote for more of that."

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-04-2023 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2023, 01:26 PM   #8231
Atocep
Coordinator

News I missed:

Trial date set for Steve Bannon's fundraising fraud case | CNN Politics

All Trump's pardon for Bannon did was delay his trial since NY closed a double jeopardy loophole with preemptive pardons. Since his trial never started NY can still charge him at the state level. His new trial for the build the wall scam is scheduled for next May. Two of the others have been sentenced to 3 and 4 years respectively and Timothy Shea is awaiting sentencing.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:41 PM   #8232
Atocep
Coordinator

Watching MAGA constantly eat their own is kind of fascinating. The fact that MTG has been trying to be slightly more moderate and is cozying up to McCarthy hasn't gone unnoticed in MAGA land and Bannon and others are calling for her to be primaried.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:37 PM   #8233
Thomkal
Head Coach

So it looks like indictments on the classified documents case are close: lawyers for Trump met with DOJ lawyers to "plead their case" before indictments come down-often a sign that that its about to happen. Here is Trump's response afterwards:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...62038281322496
Old 06-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #8234
Atocep
Coordinator

I wonder if he would have been charged without Margo Martin's laptop. That recording is so damning and apparently the document he was describing wasn't turned over.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #8235
GrantDawg

Nvm

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-05-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #8236
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think trump proves that the parable of the boy and the wolf is utter bullshit.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 06-06-2023 at 09:54 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:26 PM   #8237
GrantDawg

McCarthy just put a rules vote up for their "Save the gas stoves" bill (ie. utter performative bs) and it didn't pass. The fringe is sinking votes in protest of the debt ceiling deal.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:23 PM   #8238
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
McCarthy just put a rules vote up for their "Save the gas stoves" bill (ie. utter performative bs) and it didn't pass. The fringe is sinking votes in protest of the debt ceiling deal.

I'll let the Bard (Shakespeare, not a D&D Bard) sum up the Fringe.

it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:42 PM   #8239
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So anyone gonna mention how the rollback of Title 42 didn't result in an illegal immigration boom.

Almost like all the right has is fear.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:40 PM   #8240
GrantDawg

I listen to a podcast with a couple of experts on immigration talking about it. Basically, there was a surge right before the repeal because people didn't trust the rule change that Biden implemented along with the repeal. They said large groups are sitting right across the border, but they are waiting to see how the rule is going to pan out.

Old 06-07-2023, 03:07 PM   #8241
GrantDawg

Oh, wut?
Old 06-07-2023, 03:11 PM   #8242
Ksyrup

I hope all of this is true, but I also hope it happens next week... because my Trumper parents are on their way to my house tomorrow and will be leaving on Monday. If he freaking gets indicted Friday, I'm not sure how we're tiptoeing around that!
Old 06-07-2023, 03:17 PM   #8243
GrantDawg

According to the article, the charge is going to be mishandling of national defense documents. They are going to skirt the whole classified issue.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:17 PM   #8244
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm sure this one will finally be the one he can't slip out of.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #8245
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm sure this one will finally be the one he can't slip out of.
I have no doubt at all they can get a conviction. The problem is both timing and public opinion. Can they get him to trial before next years election, and will this actually prevent him from winning the election. I absolutely can see him getting a conviction, stay free on appeal through November of next year, and winning the election.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:52 PM   #8246
Flasch186
Coordinator

its possible that if he can get a conviction of something that keeps him from running AND allows him to claim he's been disallowed from running. He could leverage the shit out of that martyrism and raise a boat load of money to keep the grift going because thats the big win.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:03 PM   #8247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If he gets a conviction for something that disqualifies him it better come with jail time.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:07 PM   #8248
GrantDawg

Is there a conviction that can keep him from running? I'm pretty sure that you can win the presidency from jail. There is no criminal disqualification in the Constitution.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:08 PM   #8249
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
According to the article, the charge is going to be mishandling of national defense documents. They are going to skirt the whole classified issue.

From what I read Trump's attorneys were hoping the classified part of this would sway them from bringing charges because it's a really difficult thing to have a trial for. Anything submitted into evidence would need to be declassified and since some of the documents Trump had were extremely classified there was little chance of that happening.

So avoiding the classified part of this but still hitting him charges should make the case easier.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:16 PM   #8250
thesloppy
Pro Starter

All the better in my opinion. So many conservatives were leaning into the murkiness of the classification rules that sidestepping them entirely kneecaps what their objections were built around.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote