Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #301
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I'd also add, if there was a bribe(I'm assuming this is a convert?) the #1 target would be Sak . Just because he was cleared yesterday and now he's playing up the real/blade situation.

You Mafia veterans know what all these roles and actions are and I'm left in the lurch .

Not me! I wish I had been bribed, though. Then I could afford some lunch.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #302
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm leaning towards Blade just because of the randomness about that, but I'm gonna wait to see other people's opinions. The last thing we need tonight is a rushed vote leading to us losing another villager.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #303
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
As an observation, I think any seers we have left should not even hint at their role unless they are about to be lynched or it's late in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Blade, if you are truly a villager, you might still be giving away too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I seem to be always a few minutes behind jeff with my comments, but I too am uncomfortable with a witness reveal this early and with no solid evidence against anyone.

I bloody have to, since just like last game with real deal, the second i come into the limelight i get lynched...it happens every bloody game, i try to help the group and they lynch me for sticking my head out there..since i posted, 2 votes have gone through and both for me. Tell me why i shouldnt hint at my role or go into the spotlight to help the group again...its a game of survival, and as usual the good guy is going to die
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #304
digamma
Torchbearer

Because the seer is the most valuable resource villagers have. It's a role you have to protect and reveal at the right time.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #305
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, *never go into the spotlight to helpthe group again*...mistype, sorry
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #306
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I bloody have to, since just like last game with real deal, the second i come into the limelight i get lynched...it happens every bloody game, i try to help the group and they lynch me for sticking my head out there..since i posted, 2 votes have gone through and both for me. Tell me why i shouldnt hint at my role or go into the spotlight to help the group again...its a game of survival, and as usual the good guy is going to die
Well, because now, unless the mafioso are complete idiots, you're their prime target! We've already lost a very important role right off the bat, and now we might lose another because of your little outburst.

Last edited by pennywisesb : 08-16-2005 at 12:56 PM.
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #307
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Seems to me you have more people declaring your innocence than the other way around. You don't have to until 8:00pm and you have 4+ votes and are in the lead.

I mean you think you will survive the night now?

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-16-2005 at 12:58 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #308
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Blade, where exactly did you get the impression you were in any danger to be lynched tonight? Because you got 1 vote and three other guys saying you are a villager?

Quote:
Tell me why i shouldnt hint at my role or go into the spotlight to help the group again...its a game of survival, and as usual the good guy is going to die

I don't quite understand how that helps you survive...

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-16-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #309
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Because the seer is the most valuable resource villagers have. It's a role you have to protect and reveal at the right time.

Ya, cant do that when im dead though, so ill share this...(note, im not the newspaper reporter, i have a different role)

Night one - Shorty - hes clean, nothing on him

Last night - Sack Attack - hes clean too, which makes me think he wasnt bribed because if he was im sure neon would have hinted at it occuring or something
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #310
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, where exactly did you get the impression you were in any danger to be lynched tonight? Because you got 1 vote and three other guys saying you are a villager?

I don't quite understand how that helps you survive...

Last game, i accused real deal and got the vote count to be 4-1 in my favor with an hour to go(and one useless vote on ardent)...i leave for a half hour and came back to see all those votes switch sides because he said the same argument i did..."if im wrong, kill me"...i know all too well how quickly public opinion can change, especially if the most trusted source is the game is one of the two votes
Demotivation
Old 08-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #311
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Seems to me you have more people declaring your innocence than the other way around. You don't have to until 8:00pm and you have 4+ votes and are in the lead.

I mean you think you will survive the night now?

I sure hope so, either by the police protection, or the thinking that will happen and take someone else
Demotivation
Old 08-16-2005, 01:08 PM   #312
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, Let me break it all down. Before the hint you at worst have a 50% chance of being voted off, yes, higher than others. I think you would of survived though. Then you had the same chance as all of us to be killed at night.

Now you have a 100% chance of being killed tonight at the mafia's hands and we all lose a role we couldn't afford to lose.

And Edit:

I forgot about protection in this game . Still doesn't change my opinion of this situation though.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-16-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #313
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ya, cant do that when im dead though, so ill share this...(note, im not the newspaper reporter, i have a different role)
NO MORE HINTS! At least if you don't hint at what role you are, the mafioso has to at least guess.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #314
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I'm at least glad we got the info that shorty and sack are on our side from him before his dramatic death tonight...
Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #315
korme
Go Reds

shit be crazy
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #316
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, bribery makes it so it doesn't mean to much though. Though I don't see Shorty as a likely target.

Would Neon hint at something if Sack was converted last night, is that something he can answer for us?

Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #317
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I'm at least glad we got the info that shorty and sack are on our side from him before his dramatic death tonight...

Yeah, especially when he dies and if it does prove he is the seer, I guess that makes me and Sack safe from one night action. Narrows it down a bit, to say the least.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #318
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Yeah, especially when he dies and if it does prove he is the seer, I guess that makes me and Sack safe from one night action. Narrows it down a bit, to say the least.

unvote Blade6119.

Seems clear to me at this point that he isn't Mafia, but was rather just a little hasty with his various revelations.

I'm not sure what I think about Bek, though. I still don't see any percentage in his alleged behavior, but what else have we got to go on right now?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #319
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just find it hard to believe he'd be foolish enough to reveal himself like that. Heh, who knows. Blade has to be cleared now, I would think. I'll have to make a decision on who I'm voting for soon, as it's softball night. Student game at 5:30, my game at 6:30, and another game for me at 8:30.

At least my night is mapped out.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #320
MrBug708
Head Coach

I dont think Blade is mafia. He tends to give info way to easily about his role in order to protect himself....

Vote - Jeff
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM   #321
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281

I think Sack is safe, but Im not sold on Shorty at this point...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #322
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to have to Vote Bek

He doesn't deny sending the PM, and has done nothing to help us so far. Seems to me he is playing the mafia role, but doesn't quite know how to play it so he's keeping to himself. I TRIED to voted him yesterday and after the evidence from Blade today I see no reason to switch.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #323
SackAttack
Head Coach

Something that just occurred to me.

Quote:

Night one - Shorty - hes clean, nothing on him

Last night - Sack Attack - hes clean too, which makes me think he wasnt bribed because if he was im sure neon would have hinted at it occuring or something

My question is, given the above, and given

Quote:
Im in no way trying to be overtly aggressive, but after bek had given me countless hints and clues he was mafia during our off-board time, i waited for something concrete and this was it.

that, if Bek had been hinting for some time that he might be a Mafioso, why didn't Blade use his ability to check Bek out? Wouldn't that have been more concrete than a PM? The PM came ~3-5 hours after the voting deadline, so either all the hinting took place in an incredibly compressed period, or else Bek was hinting to Blade well before then, at least early enough that Blade could have used his night action to see if Bek was on the level or not.

Certainly, if we accept that Blade is what he says he is and can do what he says he can, an implication via the ability would be more damning than the PM?

Not leaning either way right now. I just wanted to toss that out there and see what you all make of it.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #324
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Fouts Same reasons I gave yesterday. Nothing pointing to anyone else, couple people cleared, but none I was strongly considering.

Yes, unlike someone else, I give reasons for why I vote .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-16-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #325
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
that, if Bek had been hinting for some time that he might be a Mafioso, why didn't Blade use his ability to check Bek out? Wouldn't that have been more concrete than a PM? The PM came ~3-5 hours after the voting deadline, so either all the hinting took place in an incredibly compressed period, or else Bek was hinting to Blade well before then, at least early enough that Blade could have used his night action to see if Bek was on the level or not.

Why waste a scan? He had been saying things around mafiaish, and i was convinced i could get him to give it up on his own...he did, sent the pm, and i posted it...why waste a scan on him when i can get it out of him without it...now i know two good people and one bad...why scan to see if his lying to me for fun when i can scan the people i have no idea about...?? If bek is or isnt mafia, hes not the one whos going to win it...its the ones we have no suspicion of yet that will bite us in the ass...hence my scan ideas...
Demotivation
Old 08-16-2005, 04:14 PM   #326
digamma
Torchbearer

Fine, Blade.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think we're advancing the ball by continuing to spread votes over five or six candidates.

Vote Bek
Old 08-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #327
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll go with Bek as well.

Vote Bek
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #328
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I can't believe Bek would do something like that if he was mafia, I think it might just be an innocent PM that is getting twisted. I guess we'll see. I'm going to stick with BearCat per my prior reason (attacking someone who I think is helping) and because he is very quiet today, not even on as a viewer.

vote BearCat
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #329
Fouts
College Starter

Just got home and read all the new information. The best information we can receive is from our seers, so I have a hard time doubting blade. From experience as a seer, I know that you have to be pretty sure about someone to condemn them in the game. Otherwise, you are gonna pay the ultimate price.

I am going to take a shot and believe blade is a seer and giving us good information, but if you are wrong, I will assume you are part of the mafia.

I vote Bek
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:19 PM   #330
korme
Go Reds

Yeah, I can see how Bek could just be joking with Blade though, friends and all he's just messing around.

But we really have no other leads. Unless something more convincing comes up, I vote Bek
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #331
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I hate to do it, but I'm going to vote bek based simply on the fact that he is the only individual we have a lead on. I'm not sure why Blade did what he did, but I don't think we can look past the fact that Bek said what he did in that PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #332
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm gonna keep my vote the same from yesterday.

I vote dubb

He just seemed so ready to try to discredit Sack and point the finger at people trying to defend him.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #333
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
From experience as a seer, I know that you have to be pretty sure about someone to condemn them in the game. Otherwise, you are gonna pay the ultimate price.

FYI, bek wasnt a seer view...he was just a friendly PM...Sack and shorty were my scans
Demotivation
Old 08-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #334
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well I see this situation clearing Bek more than painting him guilty, which is why I'd rather take a stab elsewhere even if it's the only "lead" we have.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-16-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #335
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
FYI, bek wasnt a seer view...he was just a friendly PM...Sack and shorty were my scans

Hmmm, ok. Still, I gather you feel pretty strongly that he is mafia. At least thats what it sounds like.

Quote:
Well I see this situation clearing Bek more than accusing him, which is why I'd rather take a stab elsewhere even if it's the only "lead" we have.

I'd really like to know how this clears him? I must be missing something.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #336
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Well I see this situation clearing Bek more than painting him guilty, which is why I'd rather take a stab elsewhere even if it's the only "lead" we have.

Any ideas?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:37 PM   #337
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Because he admitted to it right away, said it was a joke in a string of out of thread comments and mostly because I just don't see any situation where the mafia would send PM's like that.

I guess I could be over estimating Bek, but I don't think so.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #338
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Though if you guys are going to focus on these comments and nail me if he is mafia I might as well bandwagon .

Old 08-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #339
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Because he admitted to it right away, said it was a joke in a string of out of thread comments and mostly because I just don't see any situation where the mafia would send PM's like that.

That is a good point, but what other avenue does the accused have? There is a chance that he isn't mafia, but how can he make us believe that? I can see someone joking around and if my friend set me up I'd smack him next time I saw him.

But really, I don't see any other leads.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #340
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Either he is, and fucked up, or he isn't and Blade is and is seizing the opportunity to make it look like Bek is, or neither one of them is and it's all one cosmically horrendous misunderstanding.

I can't see any scenario where it profits Bek to do as he's done if he's a villager, but I'm inclined to give Blade the benefit of the doubt for the time being. It seems like Bek is already the likely target for a lynching tonight, so I'm going to side with illini on this one. vote dubb93.

Last edited by SackAttack : 08-16-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #341
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
He just seemed so ready to try to discredit Sack and point the finger at people trying to defend him.

True enough. I was wrong about Sack, but it seemed odd that 3 people, the number of "presumed" mafia were banning together and insisting that Sack was innocent when I saw no proof(due to the PM being deleted b/f I got a chance to see it). I was wrong and you are more than welcome to you opinion but I'm trying to help out here and I give you my word that I am just a villager.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #342
SackAttack
Head Coach

I just got called in to work. Hopefully my vote ends up only being symbolic, and hopefully whichever way it goes, we nail one of those damned Mafia.

Back around 9:30 PST.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #343
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Vote dubb93
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #344
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Vote dubb93

May I ask why? Your behavior this game has been VERY odd so far. Votes without an explanation contribute nothing to the game.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #345
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
May I ask why? Your behavior this game has been VERY odd so far. Votes without an explanation contribute nothing to the game.

I haven't a whole lot to go on. Reading over the thread so far I'm not so sure that Blade or Bek are mafia, and as that seems to be the way that tonights bandwagon vote is going. I vote for you because it's not going to get you killed and I have nothing else that points me in any other direction.

As for my random voting pattern. Being a villager with nothing to do until someone slips up is pretty boring. So making everyone wonder why I keep voting for the people I do is the only real form of entertainment I have got from the game so far.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #346
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Bek - Blade6119, dubb93, digamma, ardent enthusiast, Fouts, pennywiseweb, Shorty3281
Blade6119 -Bek
dubb93 - Illinifan999, Bearcat729, SackAttack
Jeff061 - MrBug708
Fouts - jeff061
Bearcat729 - SnDvls
No Vote - Schmidty

You all gather around Bek and drag him towards the Slaughter Shed. He starts pleading for his life.

"It was a joke! It was a joke! I'm not Mafia! I'm not M-"

A clubbing blow to the side of the head silences Bek. And you start carving him up. After the bloody deed is done, you all head for Bek's room... hoping to find something... anything. You look around, and see nothing of note. It's clear that Bek was a Villager!

Current Players:
1. dubb93
2. ardent enthusiast
3. SackAttack
4. Fouts
5. RealDeal - Villager, Lynched Day 1
6. Bearcat729
7. illinifan999
8. MrBug708
9. SnDvls
10. Mr. Wednesday - Witness, Killed By Mafia Night 1
11. digamma
12. bek - Villager, Lynched Day 3
13. Aesyrqwe - Villager, Lynched Day 2
14. Shorty3281
15. pennywisesb
16. Schmidty
17. Blade6119
18. jeff061

It's now Night (3), kindly send in your Night Actions as soon as possible. Deadline for Night Actions is at 9AM EDT.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-16-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #347
digamma
Torchbearer

Damn.

I sort of thought so, but we didn't have anything else to go on. Assuming we lose one tonight, our numbers aren't looking so good.

We need a break.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #348
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ugh!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #349
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I assure you guys I'm still alive and kickin , might wanna change that Neon.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #350
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Now on to the more important matters, why would a villager send a PM to another one and lie about being mafia? Sounds stupid even if it is a friend. Anyone got any ideas at this point?