Old 05-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #552
bhlloy
Coordinator

vote abe sargent
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #553
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't have a lot of time, and I don't feel like I found anything strong in my readings. Fontisian pings me better with her posts tonight, and my vote on her was not based on her but on Jackal's move. I think Mauchow had a weird last second vote switch but otherwise looks good, so I don't think that's a strong vote at this point.

I will move to Abe as the third candidate at this point. I can see the possibility of misdirection that bhlloy points out, and the tunnelling on Font is a typical wolf move of keeping the village fixated on one option. So could be something there. Only other option I'm feeling at this point is cheekimonk if we thought votes would put a fire under his ass.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #554
Autumn
Head Coach

unvote font
vote abe
Old 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #555
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
I would lean on voting For cheeki or tarcone.

Tarcone Because of no vote so far and very in active . Cheeky because a useless vote Yesterday ,

I was down for the count yesterday. Had a doc appt in the afternoon that turned out needing a bunch of tests and drained me. In my defense, I said my vote on Chief was bait because we hadn't heard much from him. I just wasn't around to change it later.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #556
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The minor thing I had as a plus for cheek's side is that they probably would not have wanted him to have an isolated vote on a guy they were going to reveal as villager. But I didn't think that Jackal probably thought he was safe last night, so that's pretty minor. His vote on Chief was when Jackal was in some trouble though I think, which would seem odd. I'd still like an explanation why he voted Chief.

Delivered in my previous post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #557
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote cheeki
Vote autumn
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:55 PM   #558
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

An attempt to get a two person race. I don't believe font should be that 2nd person and obviously I don't want it to be me.

If tarcone is just playing quiet villager, that sucks. If he's playuing quiet wolf well, kudos...i guess.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #559
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Hey, just how my mind works. Don't hold it against me

I do think I'm going to switch to Abe here. I'm looking back at mauchow close the deadline and I just don't see a wolf there, I see an uncoordinated villager panicking.

I concur
Old 05-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #560
fontisian
College Prospect

Sadly, I am at work until the deadline again. Really happy with most of the vote changes, and I think Autumn's joke about halfway buying the scumread on chief was pretty town, lol.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #561
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I'm not comfy sticking with font. I'm not sure about Abe, but I like the call earlier on Autumn jumping off Jackal...
Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #562
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

unvote font
vote Autumn
Old 05-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #563
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 562

3 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554)
2 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562)
2 fontisian - britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)
1 mauchow - Telle (507)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:26 PM   #564
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
I'm not comfy sticking with font. I'm not sure about Abe, but I like the call earlier on Autumn jumping off Jackal...

What makes you unsure about Abe, either way?

What about players that didn't vote Jackal at all, or have a hand in getting him to where he got voted out?

Thanks for your explanation about the Chief vote, I forgot you did have 'bait' in your post, I just didn't understand it. Sorry about your doc appt, hopefully you're feeling better today.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #565
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
What makes you unsure about Abe, either way?

What about players that didn't vote Jackal at all, or have a hand in getting him to where he got voted out?

Thanks for your explanation about the Chief vote, I forgot you did have 'bait' in your post, I just didn't understand it. Sorry about your doc appt, hopefully you're feeling better today.

Same as bhlloy's reasoning in #546. It obviously doesn't convince me 100%.

Thanks for the well wishes. It was just too many blood tests.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #566
britrock88
Pro Starter

Didn't get that late-workday read in; scanned now between trivia rounds don't mind the current tack.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 PM   #567
Autumn
Head Coach

Not really feeling me as a contender today, but I don't have anyone to push, so I guess I can't complain. That said, me moving off of Jackal should be considered along with me being one of the first to push Jackal, IMHO. I agree, I screwed up by moving, but not sure he would have even been in the running without me.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #569
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I wonder. I guess the captains probably drafted based on character names and not our usernames.

I think maybe I'm just slightly bitter because I think a tie would have been worthwhile even if the mechanism for a tie was different on day 0 than it will be from here on out, heh.

Quote:
My thought was that if a captain had a specific role in mind that they wanted to keep out of the spotlight, that that captain could have made a move to keep the role from being revealed, as some of these roles are pretty descriptive and the knowledge of who has one of the more powerful roles would have been a big deal for one team or the other.

Quote:
Times like this I wish I was a more experienced player. I gotta defer to the more experienced of you and try to get a deeper understanding of motives and reasoning that way. I'll check back in later and try to absorb what I can.

Pretty sure this sequence is why Julio was the NK. Seer hunting.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #570
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I feel like Jackal's idea about a villager team is unlikely, but it feels like what he was really saying. His defense has felt earnest and not panicked, so I'm thinking I will move elsewhere.

The case for font seems like typical D1 stuff, but actually based on D0 stuff before alignment, so I feel like it's not strong.

Brit's posts feel solid, doing some real work.

Mauchow's post below:

pings me a bit as being one of those "too vague to mean anything but I said something" posts. Tarcone on the other hand hasn't said anything. So I'd rather vote mauchow than Tarcone.

Chief hasn't put a lot up today but what's there is solid.

Leads me with mauchow so far, who has no votes. blah.

Here's Autumn an hour before deadline D1 with the vote 4-3-1-1-1 or so (Jackal 4 font 3). He comes off Jackal but he looks like he's doing real work to find another candidate. He was right on his thoughts about Chief too.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #571
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, Brit also had two votes at that time. If he had wanted to help Jackal, he had easier paths to pursue.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #572
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Abe
Old 05-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #573
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Votes as of post 562

3 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554)
1 mauchow - Telle (507)

Yet to vote: JAG, tarcone
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #574
bhlloy
Coordinator

JAG is in - can we replace tarcone if he's inactive for a full 24 hour period?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #575
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 573

4 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
1 mauchow - Telle (507)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #576
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
JAG is in - can we replace tarcone if he's inactive for a full 24 hour period?

I've got a couple feelers out to see if someone can step in.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #577
Telle
College Starter

Yeah I think I forgot to refresh the page to check for more posts before I copied EF's vote count and added the "yet to vote".

And I agree.. I don't know why tarcone is absent, but unless this is somehow his game play, I think it could be rather detrimental to the game.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #578
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I received his confirmation when the roles went out, and even a follow up question so he seemed to be ready to go. I hope everything is okay for him.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #579
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I want to just push Telle into the fray a bit here. Not for today, since she's someone who won't be around at deadline. But looking back at her posts I'm struck by how they are mostly things like vote counts, rules clarifications, and then once a day a vague vote like this where she votes simply to avoid the bandwagon. Could be just a villager without a lot of time, but also could be a way to keep up post counts and be helpful without putting out any rope to hang yourself with.

Well I got back before deadline. I don't know that I've ever been one to do the kind of in-depth analysis many here seem to do. I tend to make my spreadsheets, consider the theories others are presented, and then ultimately go with my gut. Day 1 there wasn't much to go on at all.. and then today I didn't have time to do more than quickly read through what had been going on while I was in meetings before I had to leave work at the end of the day.. so haven't really had an opportunity to reflect.

I think I'm getting why people are moving away from mauchow now. I'm currently leaning towards Abe.. mainly because if I'm recalling correctly he was someone that tried to push conversation away from discussion of Jackal's flub about villager PMs. I need to go back and reread to verify that though before I commit and change my vote... but luckily today I actually have time before the deadline!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #580
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going to run the dogs outside, will be back before the deadline.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #581
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm here but pretty happy with my vote on Abe right now, unless anyone can go back and bring up anything else we may have not already picked up on from day 1?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #582
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I think I'm getting why people are moving away from mauchow now. I'm currently leaning towards Abe.. mainly because if I'm recalling correctly he was someone that tried to push conversation away from discussion of Jackal's flub about villager PMs. I need to go back and reread to verify that though before I commit and change my vote... but luckily today I actually have time before the deadline!

Nevermind.. it appears my memory isn't all that great. I'm not finding any posts with Abe mentioning the Jackal villager PM discussion. Looks like I was probably conflating Abe with Autumn.

Excerpt from Autumn's post #318:
Quote:
In contrast, Jackal's idea suggest that the Village captain drafts one or two to add to a PM circle. That would be a huge advantage for the village, and not how I thought it worked, but I suppose is possible. Maybe it would offset the handicapped abilities of the good roles. Still, I assume it's not the case.

Excerpt from Autumn's post #353:
Quote:
I feel like Jackal's idea about a villager team is unlikely, but it feels like what he was really saying. His defense has felt earnest and not panicked, so I'm thinking I will move elsewhere.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #583
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I did read his D1 posts. I felt a little uneasy about them. I will say he never did try to sway anyone away Jackal. He was trying to talk Autumn off mau lightly. He went dark from 40 mins before deadline to 12 minutes after.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #584
Telle
College Starter

unvote mauchow
vote Autumn
Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #585
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 584

4 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
3 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562), Telle (584)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #586
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Nevermind.. it appears my memory isn't all that great. I'm not finding any posts with Abe mentioning the Jackal villager PM discussion. Looks like I was probably conflating Abe with Autumn.

Excerpt from Autumn's post #318:

Excerpt from Autumn's post #353:

I read #263-265 as a defense of Jackal and then an immediate vote on somebody else. Is it watertight? No, but it's the best I have to go on

Autumn is a bit more vocal in defense of Jackal but he's also the one who called him out immediately after his post and put the first vote on him. A wolf only does that to build trust and he ruined that by moving his vote off him and leaving it off. I don't see it, but those two are really good players so it's possible. I think it's somewhat unlikely though.

A wolf will never come out strongly in defense of another wolf, they will try to softly introduce doubt and steer the vote elsewhere and that's what I see the Abe posts above doing. Plus I really don't feel Font (I'm sure something is going on but the play is the same since day 0 when she couldn't have been a wolf yet) or Mau who were the other two options, after looking through yesterday in detail.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #587
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, if Abe shows up, clearly he moves to me, and that leaves things up to Britrock, if he's around, or someone to switch. Better me than a tie. And maybe better me than Abe if he's not around to defend himself or reveal anything.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #588
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I read #263-265 as a defense of Jackal and then an immediate vote on somebody else. Is it watertight? No, but it's the best I have to go on

Autumn is a bit more vocal in defense of Jackal but he's also the one who called him out immediately after his post and put the first vote on him. A wolf only does that to build trust and he ruined that by moving his vote off him and leaving it off. I don't see it, but those two are really good players so it's possible. I think it's somewhat unlikely though.

A wolf will never come out strongly in defense of another wolf, they will try to softly introduce doubt and steer the vote elsewhere and that's what I see the Abe posts above doing. Plus I really don't feel Font (I'm sure something is going on but the play is the same since day 0 when she couldn't have been a wolf yet) or Mau who were the other two options, after looking through yesterday in detail.

The posts deflecting attention from Jackal are the one thing really pinging my radar right now. That angle is what started tingling in the back of my mind as I was catching up on posts this evening. And as I mentioned above, I tend to go with more gut reasoning than the hard analysis many others here manage to do. Yes I have my spreadsheets, but they're primarily geared towards tracking votes, and I don't think there's been enough days of real voting for there to be a lot to learn from that yet. But I have to vote one way or another, right? So I'm going with what popped out at me.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #591
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quiet.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #592
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Final Vote Totals

5 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
3 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562), Telle (584)
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #593
bhlloy
Coordinator

Worryingly quiet
Old 05-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #594
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That time has come again. Everyone has dropped their vote into the hat, almost everyone, and you are ready to begin reading the votes.

Tension is thick, whimpers are heard.

The tally comes out with the one nicknamed Abe Sargent as the one you choose to eliminated.

"It is time; we must ensure our safety by killing again!"

"Abe Sargent, please step forwards!!!"

No one moves. Someone grabs him and begins dragging him to the front.

"No!!! This shall not happen!!!"

Who said that? IS it that easy, just say no?

"It is I, Vinton Harper. You have treated me like I am just another pawn but I declare this vote to be incorrect, and Mama said I could. Autumn, you must step forward!"

What is the protocol for this? You feel compelled to listen to him. Autumn is found and brought forward.

"We sentence you to the great beyond!"

The lights go out, a scream is heard.

In the darkness a voice is heard over the intercom. "You fools, you can't! Oh, too late, okay we can work with this. Ten, we must make ten."
Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #595
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ummm, who the what?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #596
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When the lights come back on you search Autumn's body.

You find that he was named Larry Dallas. He has a card that says, a wolf draftee.

Two for two, this must be a good sign.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #597
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - never mind, for some reason didn't see him there in the character list

Vinton Harper - Not the brightest bulb in the box. His abilities are unknown, maybe even to him.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #598
bhlloy
Coordinator

Dayum... whoever is Vinton just absolutely crushed it. If he even knew he was doing it, based on the role description
Old 05-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #599
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Lol, awesome.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #600
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well that was an impressive play by Autumn, gotta give him credit.