Zinto
College Starter

Also I think it is as good of a time as any to point out the list
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:03 PM   #2352
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 2350:

DanGarion 3 - Suicane75 (2296), DanGarion (2323), timmae (2340)
CrimsonFox 2 - Narcizo (2267), sharkn20 (2349)
Zinto 1 - Thomkal (2192)
fontisian 1 - Raven (2317)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #2353
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Also I think it is as good of a time as any to point out the list

Old 02-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #2354
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Who says I'm lying? "Drug dealer" is not an accurate description. Cuh! Did you not even google the names.

The fact remains that there were linked killings and attacks until the time you were chucked in the prison. Then they stopped. Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe the murderer is trying to frame you. If so let's throw you back in jail so he'll have to continue not hurting people to keep the pretence up. Surely that's the most evidence we have one way or the other.

I think a vote for CF is bad if you think he's the stowaway, because the people back home are trying to communicate to someone to kill us all per EF, yet they aren't aware of the stowaway's existence.

Put it this way, if CF is not the stowaway, I would like to see them come forward because it's one person I wouldn't vote as murderer.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #2355
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Might be a wrong assumption, but that's my two cents for now.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #2356
Zinto
College Starter

Can someone explain to me why we think the murder and the stowaway are not the same person? Or why we think they are not in cahoots?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #2357
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think a vote for CF is bad if you think he's the stowaway, because the people back home are trying to communicate to someone to kill us all per EF, yet they aren't aware of the stowaway's existence.

Put it this way, if CF is not the stowaway, I would like to see them come forward because it's one person I wouldn't vote as murderer.

For me CF is trying to push our objectives back, so at least is not coping with the colony, if he is the murderer good, if not we will have one problem less going forward!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #2358
Zinto
College Starter

Also I don't remember if you talked about this but Shoveler was your interaction with Chief different than CF? If so how?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #2359
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just saw we're a little over 1000 posts away from 300K for this sub-forum... We can do this...
Old 02-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #2360
Zinto
College Starter

And finally Shoveler will not be able to interrogate anyone who is in prison. He asked me to step towards the bars so he could beat my face in. I politely declined.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #2361
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The Voices Return
"Kill them!"

"What?"

"You have your orders!"

(static)

(static)

(static)

Silence...

Oh f***........

Re-reading this, it sounds more like someone back home giving orders to another person back home rather than someone here, so I take it back somewhat.

Zinto, CF was seen by Shoveler as a strong individual who was tough enough to fight off the interogation attempt. That doesn't really seem to match a description of someone who is a coward and only kills weakened people. He could be someone helping them or a cultist-type (not a primary wolf, but someone who wants them to win) or have his own win condition, or some other crazy combo. But if there's one killer, I don't think it's him.

I don't know what the case is for the stowaway and murderer to be different people.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #2362
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay colonists, I am ready to talk now. First let me say that I did not know all this was going to happen. I am not the murderer or working against you in any way. Given the change in our circumstances, and upon becoming your leader, I now see that I can be the only one who can lead us, but you, all of you who have been loyal to the government since the beginning are needed to "light the path" to find the murderer amongst us. That is the new and only goal I have now-to find the murderers and/or saboteurs and remove them from our presence once and for all so our colony will survive and thrive. You will see tonight what I can do to help you all with this task, but you must be willing to show the same trust as you did when you voted me into this office last night. We must be united as never before if we want to survive this.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #2363
timmae
College Starter

Update for Day 6 decisions..

FontisianSOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - SOCIAL (GREAT), CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service, forced out due to bribery???
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type", blogger, charged with identity theft
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility, drug dealer?
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills, insurance fraud
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GREAT)computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general, resigned due to scandal
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (AWFUL) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD), (MEDICAL) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE)retired Army general. primary concerns safety, questionable resignation.
shoveler - PHYSICAL (GREAT)Construction, mafia hitman
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
TheJackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE) 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), pHYSICAL (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD) city planner

Murderer is a coward?
I have exposed histories highlighted in bold italics.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #2364
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Stepping away for a while, need to get a couple hours of sleep (haven't slept in about 35 hours; lousy insomnia).
Old 02-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #2365
timmae
College Starter

unvote DanGarion

I am drawn to the "murderer is a coward" comments... dammit. Who is it?!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #2366
Thomkal
Head Coach

The police force is now part of our government and I will rely on them very heavily in the days ahead to carry out some decisions for me, but at their own discretion. JAG and Britrock, I have trusted you both since the beginning of this, and I need that more than ever. You will have a part in the night activities that will be yours alone to carry out, not under my control. If you no longer believe in me, I give you this one chance to resign. I will give you options, but the final decisions will be yours.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #2367
timmae
College Starter

vote GoldenEagle

I was looking for colonists without pasts exposed fully, physical presence (enough to muder but not enough to completely dominate) and possible bad social skills (coward). Plus some things seemed "off" early in the game.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #2368
timmae
College Starter

Excused myself from my wife's physical therapy session to get the updated list done. Let me know if anything needs to be updated. I already see some formatting issues but otherwise it should be up to date.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #2369
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Also I don't remember if you talked about this but Shoveler was your interaction with Chief different than CF? If so how?

Chief gave up information when I interrogated him, CF gave up nothing. I can say with absolute certainty that Chief did not murder schmidty. Danny had not been murdered at the time of my interrogation.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #2370
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why we think the murder and the stowaway are not the same person? Or why we think they are not in cahoots?

One of the communications from Earth suggested that the murderer was among the original 21, which would mean the murderer is not the stowaway (not part of the 21).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #2371
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Chief gave up information when I interrogated him, CF gave up nothing. I can say with absolute certainty that Chief did not murder schmidty. Danny had not been murdered at the time of my interrogation.

I'm not shocked I cracked like an egg.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #2372
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
vote GoldenEagle

I was looking for colonists without pasts exposed fully, physical presence (enough to muder but not enough to completely dominate) and possible bad social skills (coward). Plus some things seemed "off" early in the game.

Is your assumption that someone who has bad social skills is automatically a coward? That seems a bit thin.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #2373
Thomkal
Head Coach

Zinto was jailed because he spoke out against me yesterday when he ordered me to resign as sheriff before the day was over and other such comments. I can not trust someone who speaks so much against me and thus I voted for him today. I also feel his being a CEO makes him dangerous to the colony as he may have connections to whomever is doing this to us.

Feel free to vote for whomever you like, but voting for me is useless as I will not allow it to happen at the end of the day. Unless significant proof is shown to me that Font could be the murderer, I would not support her being put on trial as well. She willingly gave up power to me, and I cannot reward that with a trial.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #2374
saldana
Pro Starter

so a couple things from my perspective.

one person fits the following profile, and such will be getting my vote:

has been (in my opinion) deceptive and evasive, bordering on the point of hostility

has been extremely self serving and made his decisions based on what are likely personal goals, instead of the greater good

has now pulled what has NEVER been a good play (although he, and many others for that matter, might not know it) by going with the self vote...the self vote is a timeless strategy that, without having any statistics to back it up handy, invariably is used by wolves that are hoping people will back away, thinking that a wolf would never sacrifice themself, OR they may be a brutal so they want to kill a high value villager.

either way...i know many old timers have shared in the opinion that as soon as you vote for yourself, you can have mine too...in this case, i would have done it anyway for reasons one and two above

vote dangarion
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #2375
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay Shoveler, I need your skills (all of them) and mind greatly. But I cannot have you making comments like you did this morning. If it continues, I will have no choice but to jail you, and that decision is not entirely mine, so that is the only warning I can give you and everybody else. I thought we had the start of a good working relationship last night and I very much want to get back to that again.

To show this to you, I must first apologize for last night. I made a miscalculation in what i needed to do to get you allowed to interrogate zinto last night. I'm not ruling out however that Zinto was somehow immune to your efforts. If you can tone down your words and pledge your loyalty again, I can likely save you from a trip to the jail cell tonight as well as a position in my government.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #2376
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay Dangarion, if the decision had been wholly mine you would have been jailed with Zinto last night. You are not doing yourself any favors by continuing to talk negatively about and to me today. I think I can safely say that we are all sick of your telling us that you should have been the leader all along. Fact is, you have no idea how it would have turned out, so I ask you to stop talking about that and contribute in a positive way now as we move forward as you have skills and knowledge that will certainly benefit us. Being completely open and honest about your background and skills with us, will go a long way in starting to trust you. If you cannot keep your mouth shut in criticizing me however, you have been warned. Right now you are more than a part of the problem, then the solution.

(This post in particular is in character and not meant as an OOC attack on you)
Old 02-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #2377
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The police force is now part of our government and I will rely on them very heavily in the days ahead to carry out some decisions for me, but at their own discretion. JAG and Britrock, I have trusted you both since the beginning of this, and I need that more than ever. You will have a part in the night activities that will be yours alone to carry out, not under my control. If you no longer believe in me, I give you this one chance to resign. I will give you options, but the final decisions will be yours.

Your trust hasn't been misplaced in me. I will do what I can to help us find the killer.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #2378
The Jackal
Coordinator

Where does the murderer = coward rationale come from? Because of the manner of the deaths? Was there something exposed I missed?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #2379
Thomkal
Head Coach

Section Leaders, do you have any new info for me? Have you checked with EF yet to see if you can do any of your normal research/manufacture/engineering orders? I will see if martial law is the problem here or not. I ask that you be open to working with me together rather than hiding behind your experiments and I will likely leave you alone
Old 02-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #2380
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Your trust hasn't been misplaced in me. I will do what I can to help us find the killer.

Thank you JAG, it is most welcome and respected. I will reveal what I would like you and hopefully Brit to do later tonight.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:19 PM   #2381
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Where does the murderer = coward rationale come from? Because of the manner of the deaths? Was there something exposed I missed?

My investigation into the deaths revealed to me that the murderer took out Danny and Schmidty because they were weak and unable to defend themselves-that he somehow had an almost pathological need to do so. That is why I called him weak and a coward.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #2382
timmae
College Starter

Thom.. No new news regarding experiments. I hope to find out more after the day ends. We will see. You have my support.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #2383
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
My investigation into the deaths revealed to me that the murderer took out Danny and Schmidty because they were weak and unable to defend themselves-that he somehow had an almost pathological need to do so. That is why I called him weak and a coward.

I have to return some videotapes.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #2384
timmae
College Starter

It is a leap to connect cowardly with low social skills... Might be grasping at straws but we don't have much more to go on at this point
Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #2385
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay one final comment before I shut up to hear your thoughts and questions. If I did not cover your earlier comment or question, feel free to repost it.

We need to remember that possibly there's as little one of us working against us here-that leaves somewhere near 20 that are not. Don't let bickering amongst innocents give the murderer some place to hide. Yes discuss whom you suspect, but try to base it on evidence rather than a personal grudge.

And remember too, I am the leader now, if you try to move in my way or take me out, that I will be very hard to deal with. If you want to find the murderer, you need me more than anyone else and believe that I am in the right position to help you in all of this.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #2386
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Thom.. No new news regarding experiments. I hope to find out more after the day ends. We will see. You have my support.

Thank you Timmae.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #2387
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I have to return some videotapes.

You better hurry, the late fees are a bitch now
Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #2388
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
For me CF is trying to push our objectives back, so at least is not coping with the colony, if he is the murderer good, if not we will have one problem less going forward!

this post contains 100%
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #2389
DanGarion
Coordinator

I haven't said a single negative to you all day General. We have no idea how anything would have turned out because the only present we have is the one we have been dealt.

I don't wish to waste the groups time with me going to trial, I assure you it is a waste of time. I'll change my vote to whoever you wish sir. I think we have common goals that we can both achieve together I just ask that you here me out when the time comes.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:35 PM   #2390
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Got it, thanks. That'll lead to some interesting speculation once we know more about people's pasts.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #2391
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote shark until he explains his verbal feces
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #2392
DanGarion
Coordinator

unvote DanGarion
vote Zinto
Old 02-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #2393
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Feel free to vote for whomever you like, but voting for me is useless as I will not allow it to happen at the end of the day. Unless significant proof is shown to me that Font could be the murderer, I would not support her being put on trial as well. She willingly gave up power to me, and I cannot reward that with a trial.

So vote for whomever we like, unless you don't approve? How is that voting for whomever we like?

We are working with limited information, and potentially killing someone based on that. Font has more information and is withholding it (the manifest). Being our former leader should not make her exempt - it makes her the same as the rest of us, and no less guilty than anyone else. Exempting her is counter productive to flushing out information.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #2394
The Jackal
Coordinator

I will agree that with so much unknown, letting people know they can expect 0 pressure is counter-productive.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #2395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I haven't said a single negative to you all day General. We have no idea how anything would have turned out because the only present we have is the one we have been dealt.

I don't wish to waste the groups time with me going to trial, I assure you it is a waste of time. I'll change my vote to whoever you wish sir. I think we have common goals that we can both achieve together I just ask that you here me out when the time comes.

I don't want you to be my "yes man" Dan and be so defeatist by calling for your own trial. Notice I did not vote for you today, I am trying to stick my hand out in truce and give us a chance to see if we can work together. If we can, and its possible for me to help with your goals, I pledge right now to do so for you. Please vote for whom your brilliant mind suspects even if no one else agrees with you.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #2396
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so a couple things from my perspective.

one person fits the following profile, and such will be getting my vote:

has been (in my opinion) deceptive and evasive, bordering on the point of hostility

has been extremely self serving and made his decisions based on what are likely personal goals, instead of the greater good

has now pulled what has NEVER been a good play (although he, and many others for that matter, might not know it) by going with the self vote...the self vote is a timeless strategy that, without having any statistics to back it up handy, invariably is used by wolves that are hoping people will back away, thinking that a wolf would never sacrifice themself, OR they may be a brutal so they want to kill a high value villager.

either way...i know many old timers have shared in the opinion that as soon as you vote for yourself, you can have mine too...in this case, i would have done it anyway for reasons one and two above

vote dangarion

Welcome to the colony. I don't think we've met... Who are you?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #2397
The Jackal
Coordinator

That said, I'm probably looking more towards helpful but not creative UTR types.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #2398
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That said, I'm probably looking more towards helpful but not creative UTR types.

What is UTR?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #2399
The Jackal
Coordinator

Though the person who stuck out to me the most with their posting early on was GE, and if I end up going with gut it'll probably be him.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #2400
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
What is UTR?

under the radar, lower post counts