Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #2051
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
What changed your mind?

I feel he stepped in at the right time when the leader you had all chosen decided to just sit and watch things happen. Much rather have someone that is going to get the stuff done. Maybe he will listen to me more than the former leader...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #2052
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
That's the question he keeps skirting every time I ask him how I'm any different than anyone else. We all have secrets we are keeping, but because I was trying to lead our colony I'm vilified.

You are on my list (and it's just my thoughts... let's be clear) because I asked you questions about your past which you never answered. I even repeated and quoted a few pages back and still nothing. I don't care necessarily that you are not open about your past but until you are you're on MY list. Tell me what you did on earth and we'll see where things go from there. Until then just ignore my list/thoughts if you want. Or offer your own.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #2053
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
I feel he stepped in at the right time when the leader you had all chosen decided to just sit and watch things happen. Much rather have someone that is going to get the stuff done. Maybe he will listen to me more than the former leader...

It's all about DG unless you want to know background info. Then it's not.

DG: Do you recognize any individuals within the colony from your past life?
Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #2054
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Where did you find it? Did your PM tell you? And when did you find it? Part of a night deadline operation or did you get a random PM from EF in the middle of the day?

I had got a PM but no place specified man! Part of the night deadline operation!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #2055
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Plus I've given up on being the leader of the group since I don't care to have that responsibility.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #2056
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
It's all about DG unless you want to know background info. Then it's not.

DG: Do you recognize any individuals within the colony from your past life?

No I don't. I wish I did maybe I would have some allies then.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #2057
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Why don't you tell us what type of science you studied timmae? Why is your information so vague.

Unfortunately my bio did not include any specifics on exact studies. I wish I knew more... I know I have the highest scientific skill amongst the colonists though. Which I have said many times already.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #2058
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Hey Chief, mind turning off the No Vacancy sign over at the medical center. I may have a date this evening.

Now where can I find some flowers on this barren planet?
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #2059
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
i found the manifest. I came across it randomly. I think 2nd night? 3rd night? I could do multiple things with it so I read it. I took a night to read stuff and I learned some stuff each night.

Then it was gone last night. So someone had to have taken it from me.

I didnīt steal the manifest! Donīt put me in trouble man!
Old 02-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #2060
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Unfortunately my bio did not include any specifics on exact studies. I wish I knew more... I know I have the highest scientific skill amongst the colonists though. Which I have said many times already.

Mine didn't include it either. It just said I was a highly liked leader of a group of successful people. I assume I have the highest social skills due to certain events and information.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #2061
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Vote: Gather supplies
Old 02-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #2062
DanGarion
Coordinator

vote Gather supplies

Just in case I didn't already do this, even though I'm pretty sure I did.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #2063
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Mine didn't include it either. It just said I was a highly liked leader of a group of successful people. I assume I have the highest social skills due to certain events and information.

You don't.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #2064
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
okay here is what I would like to hear from my fellow colonists today:

-If anyone is starving, let me know immediately so we can find a way to help you.
-if you have been holding on to information that could help us until you could tell the Leader privately or for other reasons, please tell me today as my "term" might be short. We now have ways to protect you that we didn't have at the start if you feel your life may be in jeopardy.
-contribute in the discussions of the day and feel free to bring up new issues you think we need to discuss. I am going to be more suspicious of those who stay quiet.
-if you feel that you are being underused/not used at all, speak up, but politely please-give me suggestions where you could be of use.
To section leaders:

-I am going to rely heavily on you to keep me up to date on what is happening in your section-that means details on new discoveries, any suspicious results from work on various projects (someone tampering with or trying to sabotage a project)

-letting me know who you will and especially who will NOT be used so I can use them in other projects as necessary. I think you guys should be the ones to do the official nominations rather than me since its your section not mine.

-let me know what project/area of research you have available each day, and which you are thinking of doing. I may disagree and ask you to consider another, but the final decision is yours. You section leaders have been good at doing this so far, so not expecting problems here.

I think that first gather the supplies to build the weapons and then go straight ahead to explore the safest place!
Old 02-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #2065
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
You don't.

Which is something you keep saying... But I can assure you I do...
Old 02-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #2066
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

Thanks... Appreciate the heads up.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #2067
Raven
College Prospect

It looks like gather supplies is going to win by a landslide.

Does anyone have any ideas about our direction after that?
Now that we have defense in place, do we get offense and then explore the other areas, working our way from safest towards most dangerous?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #2068
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
You don't.

I feel a Zoolander / Hansel battle coming up here.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #2069
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Short of any adverse change to anyone's health, I would surmise only one doctor will be required to continue to heal Crimson Fox, the one colonist under health due to injury.

I would also figure that will either be me or Autumn. I don't know how Autumn grades out in his other skills. Since we're gathering supplies (likely), a poor Engineering skill won't likely keep me from being useful on such a mission. So Autumn can then heal CF.

If you need help working on projects, though, I would guess Autumn will be better at Engineering than me, meaning I would stick around and watch over CF.

Either way, I don't need ntndeacon, so if he could offer to help you in some way.

Thank you Doctor, I will keep him in mind.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #2070
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

You definitely don't as of yesterday evening I'm betting.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #2071
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Ignore this, that was yesterday haha

unvote action create colony defense

some "bulging brain"
Old 02-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #2072
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Thomkal, I would like you to remove GoldenEagle from the Engineering team and appoint The Jackal.

I'm glad to do so, but why? Has GoldenEagle done or said anything to you about why he really wanted to be on your team? GoldenEagle feel free to chime in here.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #2073
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

Now that we have defense in place, do we get offense and then explore the other areas, working our way from safest towards most dangerous?

That's the way I feel like it should go. As I said earlier, we shouldn't be leaving our colony/compound until we have the proper means to defend ourselves. Going over the ridge with no weaponry in hand, with no idea of what is waiting for us there would be foolhardy at best.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #2074
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad to do so, but why? Has GoldenEagle done or said anything to you about why he really wanted to be on your team? GoldenEagle feel free to chime in here.

I don't know anything about Grover. It sounds like he knows that I am a better engineer than him and he doesn't like it. I told you that ISS stuff don't fly out here.

Perhaps we should look at changing the primary engineer?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #2075
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

My issue with GoldenEagle rose on the first day when he claimed to be superior in Engineering, but wanted to be named the lead scientist. That was an immediate red flag for me. Jackal purports to be an engineering professor for MIT. My guess is that his design and knowledge outpace GoldenEagle.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #2076
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My issue with GoldenEagle rose on the first day when he claimed to be superior in Engineering, but wanted to be named the lead scientist. That was an immediate red flag for me. Jackal purports to be an engineering professor for MIT. My guess is that his design and knowledge outpace GoldenEagle.

I didn't want to be the lead scientist, I wanted to be the lead engineer.

Why would you want to make this change now as opposed to when I was first put on the engineering team?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #2077
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Thomkal - Use me as you see fit. I have no information to provide, and as has been obvious I am not much use in our medical, scientific, or engineering efforts.

My background was falsified in an attempt to make a run for sheriff which was my original goal. As the passenger manifest may or may not reveal, I am not a private investigator. I am pretty much just a bruiser, so you can assign me to any physical tasks that are required.

As long as weapons aren't in the picture, I should be pretty capable for any offensive or defensive assignments. Which basically means I should be able to stand my ground in a brawl, but going hand to hand against a gun would probably nullify anything I bring to the table.

Not sure what else I can offer. Looks like I am best used for grunt work at the current time.

Thank you for the honesty Shoveler, much appreciated. I likely will have need of your skills tonight. I'm not a big fan IC of how you do your interrogations, but we don't have any choice but to use them I think. Do you know if you can do more than one interrogation on a colonist in order to get more information? Let me know if you aren't going to be around tonight?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #2078
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Not much I can offer outside of the social/political realm. I have decent physical ability so I can do grunt work but I'm not cut out for anything role specific. I hesitate to say I could be a good #2 because it looks like I'm angling and/or it would put a target on my back but my skills say I that's just about the only place I'm worth a damn.

I'm pretty much just chug chug chugging along while the more skill oriented guys do their things.

Thanks Suicane-have to ask though-is one of your victory conditions also to be leader?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #2079
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I didn't want to be the lead scientist, I wanted to be the lead engineer.

Why would you want to make this change now as opposed to when I was first put on the engineering team?

Because Font made the original appointment, I was only to suggest who I wanted on the team. Now we have a new leader and am making my request to him. Simple as that.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #2080
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Actually now that I have read a bit further I'm changing my thoughts on the leader and think Thomkal is the right choice to be our new leader. I've seen the light.

Thanks I guess? Though I have my doubts given your desire to be leader-its likely a victory condition for you I'm guessing?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #2081
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

We don't have a new leader, yet. It seems like you are making a play here at something. What do you know that we don't?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #2082
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks I guess? Though I have my doubts given your desire to be leader-its likely a victory condition for you I'm guessing?

No. I just realize I'm not going to lead the group since others have persuaded the group that they are a better fit. I'll just continue to assist and point the right direction as I have since day 0.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #2083
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Do we get to do any research today or has it been suspended during martial law?

I hope so-I wasn't told you were, so you will have to ask EF.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #2084
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
We don't have a new leader, yet. It seems like you are making a play here at something. What do you know that we don't?

Who are you talking to?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #2085
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Who are you talking to?

Sorry, I was talking to Groover.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #2086
timmae
College Starter

No research options for today. We are basically mercenaries for a day. At least.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #2087
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

All I know is that I want the engineering team that I asked for.

I'm making no play.

Also, my apologies are saying you wanted to lead the science team, you were merely positioning engineering through science. So that's my mistake. But at the same time, I don't feel a computer programmer was right for designing the things on Mars that will help us survive. We still don't know what type of programmer you were. If this is the prison-type colony that has been speculated on earlier, it's likely you were a hacker of sorts. That's not the kind of programmer I want.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #2088
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day Six Objectives

Martial Law has been declared.

You no longer have enough supplies to build the offensive capability; you have stripped everything that you had on the landing craft.

All Colonists:
PM me with either Thomkal or fontisian as your choice; do not discuss this in thread.

Actions:
- Will you (gather the rest of your supplies, explore the heat source to the northeast, explore the landing site to the southeast, explore the flatlands)
- Optional (Vote to imprison someone)

I believe we are failing at the bolded request.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #2089
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thomkal, nothing for me to really add so far today, sorry.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #2090
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Thank you for the honesty Shoveler, much appreciated. I likely will have need of your skills tonight. I'm not a big fan IC of how you do your interrogations, but we don't have any choice but to use them I think. Do you know if you can do more than one interrogation on a colonist in order to get more information? Let me know if you aren't going to be around tonight?

If you haven't noticed I am always around. I stay at home with my two year old son so I check in quite often.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #2091
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
This list is still fairly accurate of my thoughts. Those not listed have appeared to act in the interests of the colonists. Doesn't mean much but that's how I see it.

Thank you, most would appear on my list as well. That brings up another issue I'd like to address-how about people start revealing their "dark secrets". Its pretty clear by now that we all have one, so why not reveal them before CF creates enough fear around them that we can't trust anybody. Here is mine:

i was a General for the Army in the last war-one of if not the only leader. After it was over (don't know if we won, lost, or still fighting). All I know is that some people began to question my methods, what I allowed to happen in certain cases (don't know more about this). I stood my ground and still think it was the right thing to do, and would do it again in a similar situation. A big scandal broke out over this and most likely led to my retirement, either by pressure or choice.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #2092
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am very much against living in a police state.

If I am fortunate enough to win the election, martial law will end quickly.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #2093
Grover
Pro Starter

I don't have a big, dark secret. I spent two years on the ISS to get away from humanity and be alone for awhile.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #2094
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I leave for 22 hours or so and this place goes to martial law?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #2095
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 02-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #2096
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

That is the path I would like to follow-but who knows what will happen next on this crazy planet?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #2097
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Because Font made the original appointment, I was only to suggest who I wanted on the team. Now we have a new leader and am making my request to him. Simple as that.

OK
Old 02-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #2098
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I believe we are failing at the bolded request.

Yeah we probably are, but font and I should be able to discuss it at least
Old 02-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #2099
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

If this was addressed to me GE, I already made my "play" here by ordering martial law so I could get my bonus for my victory condition. I have nothing more to gain from being the leader.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #2100
Shoveler
High School Varsity

I am most likely already a target, so revealing my terrible past is not going to have much of a negative consequence for me.

My primary occupation was in construction. However, I moonlighted as a hitman for the mafia. Justice is in the eye of the beholder, and as long as the pay was good I had no problem taking out their garbage.

Eventually my relationship with the mafia turned sour and I ended up providing evidence against them to the authorities. I had to choose between coming on this adventure or going into witness protection. Becoming a colonist on Mars appeared as if it would keep me from checking my six every minute of the day, or so I thought.