Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #1651
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Ok, just vote for me then.

This game has been way to "emotional" so far. I'm not pointing fingers, but I think the above people know what I'm talking about.

So, you call me puss for doing the exact same thing you're doing today (which I think is a legit, decent play), and now call me "emotional"?

Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #1652
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
So, you call me puss for doing the exact same thing you're doing today (which I think is a legit, decent play), and now call me "emotional"?

When did I call you a puss? I don't recall, although might have happened.

As an aside, the whole rolleyes thing in WW is so...........silly to me. Anyway, I have no desire to get into a fight with you, since AI know have a certain "effect" on players and players that have quit these games. I think. Not sure. Blah.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #1653
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
When did I call you a puss? I don't recall, although might have happened.

As an aside, the whole rolleyes thing in WW is so...........silly to me. Anyway, I have no desire to get into a fight with you, since AI know have a certain "effect" on players and players that have quit these games. I think. Not sure. Blah.

Given the happenings from Day 1 (re: dubb), I think it's safe to say I'm the last person that would quit these game.

Let me look up the puss comment, will post it soon...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #1654
Desnudo
Coordinator

A short history of the game so far, by AlanT. Thank you so much for your verbosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ok my notables that I see so far from day 1 are:

-Sirfozzie starts the first run, and starts the questionable kill the old player plan.
-RPI has voted and unvoted 2 different times already, and now has his vote on a new player who is totally unrelated to all of the current debates and votes/runs.
-Schmidty starts a second run on Dubb.
-Blade starts a run on Sirfozzie (likely in retaliation to Sirfozzie's strategy).
-kwhit starts a new run on blade
-qwikshot and path later on throw a few votes on kingfc

A list of people who seem to be toss on votes on various people:
On fozzie - tanglewood, saldana, packerfan, kingfc
on blade - lathum, sirfozzie , tazftw

There are a large handful of people who have remained for the most part relatively quiet and behind the scenes too. Usually those are the people i am the most afraid of.

Quote:
Im not sure who the bodyguard should protect. Im guessing if this is like past games, probably one of the more experienced/valuable players. Of course saying that on here would make it pointless since then they would just be avoided...

As for the seer... My list of people I am most worried about right now are:

Mustang - Im not a big fan of people who dont vote, as voting patterns are all we have to go on at times. Its understandable if something comes up, but he was in the thread and responded and still didnt vote.

Rpi - has seemed a bit hostle and started a totally different run , staying out of the way of anyone likely to be lynched. Likely trying to keep his voting record spotless.

Blade and Dubb - well for obvious reasons, they were the main people who confonted fozzie. Like I said before, I dont honestly think these two are ninjas, but Dubb has fooled me before.

taz and kwhit - both were lump on votes on blade after the fozzie bandwagon started. Since fozzie was a villager I don't think this is a huge deal though at this point.

tanglewood, saldana, packerfan and king - all lumped on votes on fozzie.

At least thats the group I am starting with to try to figure out. Its tough with only one day of votes, maybe tommorrow will clear up more for me.

Quote:
I hope he wasn't the seer. I still think the way he kept hinting yesterday about who the bodyguard should guard, and that we likely have a bodyguard and such that he was hinting to his role. (I am hoping at least he was not the seer). If this is true, then it sounds like he was killed protecting king last night.

I guess I wonder if Blade can still post or not like has been said, I was hoping for some feedback from him to what his role was and what he was doing to try to expand my circle of trust some today before going down a path of likely choices.

Before this morning's news I think I was leaning torwards what Grammaticus said for Mustang, but now I have some of the similar questions that Saldana brought up about Qwikshot. he did not really give us a good explanation for what he was doing with Blade. I guess right now either way I would like to wait a bit to give Blade a chance to talk if he still is able to.

Quote:
With the night events, my list feels a little more refined to me. Still a large group of people who I am curious about, and Im guessing there might be a ninja that isnt on here that slid their vote elsewhere. If I am to assume blade, Qwik and king are all good, that refines my list I am curious about to:

Mustang, rpi, grammaticus (based on dubb's actions), taz, kwhit, Lathum, tanglewood, saldana and packerfan. I know thats a little over half of the untrusted villagers. Im hoping in the next night or two I can refine this even a little more.

Right now I think Im leaning torwards voting Mustang primarily for the reasons Grammaticus said, but am waiting a bit to see if anyone else has any info from their night actions that might sway us some.

Quote:
Hmm, I'm still tempted to vote for Mustang, but relying alot on Blade's gut instincts as well as what I was thinking, I'll throw my early vote out a different way for now. (I don't really want to start a bandwagon on Mustang before anyone else even has any votes.)

So to start for now, I'll

VOTE TAZFTW

Primarily for now going on someone who earlier yesterday just slid in a vote on someone who was rather meaningless votewise at the time, yet still part of the day's main debate. He later came back after the lynch with an explanation that mimiced a few other people's for the most part. That is what put him on my suspicious list (that and him remaining pretty quiet). I'll vote him though based on my suspicions as well as Blade's feelings about him. For the record, this vote could easily have been on Kwhit, Lathum, Mustang or a few others that I have about the same level of lack of confidence in right now. I'm not solid on this and if someone comes out with information damning someone else, I wouldnt have any problems moving it.

Quote:
Are you saying this because you are in this list too?

I understand what you are saying, that is something commonly done. Thats why i tried to find a few people who I had a handful of actions that i did not like (beyond just who they voted for) and picked one to vote for now. Even though while I don't have my vote currently on Mustang, he was definitly near the top of that list, and I almost did vote for him too.

Quote:
UNVOTE TAZFTW
VOTE TANGLEWOOD

Im doubting mustang is a ninja, but could be wrong. Out of the three Tanglewood has seemed the most likely to me to be a ninja based on just today's activity (votes away from him, etc)

Quote:
Its I have no idea on who to go with lathum or tanglewood, and at the time lathum was ahead of tanglewood. I didnt feel comfortable putting lathum far in the lead, so wanted to keep it closer to tied to try to put more heat on people longer. If Tangle was leading at the time, I likely would have gone with Lathum.

Quote:
UNVOTE Tanglewood
VOTE Mustang

Saving Tanglewood, also potentially screwing Lathum

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure how anyone can know before hand that there were no tiebreakers, but it looks like i unfortunatly tied myself to tanglewood (who i had actually voted for earlier) by doing this. I guess now I better hope tanglewood ends up being a samurai, or I am toast too.

Clearly he thought Tangle getting killed would id as a samurai, clearing him.

Quote:
I took a chance there, I'll admit it. Like I said, if tanglewood ends up being a ninja, then I really don't have a great defense other than no one was speaking against trying for a tie at the time, it seemed like what at least the vocal majority wanted, and I had no idea there wouldn't be a tie (which would have been the case if I was a ninja too). If tanglewood ends up being a ninja , then I probably would vote for myself too

Quote:
Sorry, I have been away most of the day. If learning anything last game, I know defending myself non stop is only more likely to get me dead.

as I see it right now, a few logical patterns come out to me..

If tanglewood is a ninja, you could make a good guess either Im a samurai who made a horrible mistake or I am a ninja also.

If Lathum is a ninja, you could probably also look at Grammaticus being a ninja.

If mustang is a ninja, you could probably look closer at Kwhit.

Right now, I'm not sure if any of the people above are ninjas, and I think Blade is right about them wanting to keep us guessing at who in this group to target, thats why they didn't kill anyone in the group thats already known. They want to keep the status quo so to speak.

Some observations I am looking at, Qwikshot seems pretty confident that the ninjas were not responsible for one of the two deaths last night. I'm guessing that Qwik you are our vigillente? If so, you would know which one of the two you targeted which would help us look closer at the one the ninjas killed, to figure out if that leads us anywhere. Or was that just a guess on your part?

While I still do not have any idea if Tanglewood or Lathum are ninjas, I obviously have tied my living to hoping that Tanglewood is not a ninja. I think looking in a different direction today is probably good, and I think Blade had some good comments. for now, I will

VOTE kingfc22

Quote:
I'm back now for most of the night I'll be checking in. Right now I see it that I lead the vote. I wish I had some better defense, other than I'll learn my lesson about tying votes this way. At the time, there were 10 people in the forum reading, and only 1 person showed visible reason not to want a tie (Grammaticus with his vote). Most everyone else seemed for it or not sure what it would buy and was asking queestions.

Since Blade was our only trusted villager at the time, I mainly was following his lead there. That said, Im not going to vote for kwhit, i don't really think he is a ninja.. and people don't seem to be jumping on my thoughts about king possibly being bad. So I'll switch my vote to someone else who I think is sliding waaaay under the radar and has other support from kwhit. This might be my undoing tonight by not voting "in self - preservation" but I don't think saving one samurai (me) by putting another samurai (kwhit) to death buys us much.

Also this way if I get voted to die, my innocense should clear Tanglewood as well hopefully. (not entirely clear him, but would make him less obviously a lynch choice.)

anyways

UNVOTE Kingfc22
VOTE RPI-fan

Confused about the vote count, thinks he’s going to live.

Quote:
Tommorrow I think our first two targets have to be Eaglesfan and Tanglewood. To analyze their prior votes.

Quote:
I think kwhit won by either 2 or 3 votes. Just going off my head, without looking back for sure

After reviewing Alan's generous postings, people I'm nearly positive are samurai:

Tanglewood
RPI
Mustang
Lathum
Qwik
Taz
Gramm
Eaglesfan

Probably a samurai:

KingFC

Peope alive, but never mentioned by AlanT:

Desnudo
Mr. W
Schmidty

Coder

I know that I'm a samurai. And I know that Coder is a samurai. Mr. W and Schmidty, please take a step forward and claim your prize!

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote Schmidty
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #1655
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
dola

Post Counts Up To This Point

User Name Posts
Blade6119 345 ------ Killed Night 3
Desnudo 109
Mustang 109
KWhit 97 --- Lynched/Killed Day 3
SirFozzie 95 --- Lynched Day 1
Eaglesfan27 92
dubb93 83 --- Replaced Day 1
Alan T 73 --- Lynched Day 3
Coder 66
RPI-Fan 56
Lathum 54
saldana 52 --- Killed Day 3
hoopsguy 49 -- Mod
Schmidty 49
kingfc22 48
tanglewood 47
Qwikshot 42
PackerFanatic 39 --- Killed Night 2
Mr. Wednesday 35
Grammaticus 30 --- Joined Late Day 1 (IIRC)
path12 20 --- Killed Night 2
ardent enthusiast 17 -- not even playing!!!
TazFTW 15
Barkeep49 4
Neon_Chaos 4
st.cronin 3
Raiders Army 3
Coffee Warlord 2
Brillig 1
SnDvls 1
WVUFAN 1
Thats priceless..with out hoops playing i blow everyone away in posts...if i come back for next game you better keep pace buddy
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #1656
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
A short history of the game so far, by AlanT. Thank you so much for your verbosity.

Saving Tanglewood, also potentially screwing Lathum

Clearly he thought Tangle getting killed would id as a samurai, clearing him.

Confused about the vote count, thinks he’s going to live.

After reviewing Alan's generous postings, people I'm nearly positive are samurai:

Tanglewood
RPI
Mustang
Lathum
Qwik
Taz
Gramm
Eaglesfan

Probably a samurai:

KingFC

Peope alive, but never mentioned by AlanT:

Desnudo
Mr. W
Schmidty

Coder

I know that I'm a samurai. And I know that Coder is a samurai. Mr. W and Schmidty, please take a step forward and claim your prize!

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote Schmidty
As an observer, not commenting at all on the validity of those statements, that looks like that took some time to gather. Hopefully you keep that analyzation skill next game i play with ya
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #1657
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Unbelievable. I have no words right now. If you'd like to vote somebody, then be a man and vote for him instead of following someone who you have no idea what role he has. Seems wierd.

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote RPI

Post #1400.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #1658
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Good work Desnudo!

Reviewing it now...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #1659
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
As an observer, not commenting at all on the validity of those statements, that looks like that took some time to gather. Hopefully you keep that analyzation skill next game i play with ya

Thanks, although you may not want that if I turn out to be completely wrong.

It actually didn't take all that long, just cutting and pasting AlanT's posts. Now I know why it pays to keep your mouth shut as a bad guy. Of course if either Schmidty and Mr. W turn out all right, then the whole thing is questionable. I am nearly positive at least one of them is a bad guy though.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #1660
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'd prefer to off Mr. W tonight, but to have any hope of getting a one of the two guys Desnudo has so thoroughly pointed out, I'm going to:

UNVOTE TAZTFW

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #1661
Desnudo
Coordinator

As a supporting argument, back to back posts:

Quote:
Ok, I'd prefer to vote Schmidty tonight, but want to preserve my self here so will go with Alan T, as he's someone I have a fair amount of suspicion (sp?) about.

VOTE ALAN T

Quote:
Unbelievable. I have no words right now. If you'd like to vote somebody, then be a man and vote for him instead of following someone who you have no idea what role he has. Seems wierd.

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote RPI
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #1662
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks, although you may not want that if I turn out to be completely wrong.

It actually didn't take all that long, just cutting and pasting AlanT's posts. Now I know why it pays to keep your mouth shut as a bad guy. Of course if either Schmidty and Mr. W turn out all right, then the whole thing is questionable. I am nearly positive at least one of them is a bad guy though.
I cant really comment either way since it would be cheating...all im saying is it looks like it took time and i hope you do in it future games, regardless of whether or not your right here.
Demotivation
Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #1663
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd prefer to off Mr. W tonight, but to have any hope of getting a one of the two guys Desnudo has so thoroughly pointed out, I'm going to:

UNVOTE TAZTFW

VOTE SCHMIDTY

I'm not attached to either one, so if the consensus is for Mr. W, then I'm fine with that. Unfortunately it may be too late to do anything about Tangle now.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #1664
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm not attached to either one, so if the consensus is for Mr. W, then I'm fine with that. Unfortunately it may be too late to do anything about Tangle now.

Great work Desnudo.

I'm with RPI in that I'd prefer to go Mr. W than Schmidty.

Unvote Grammaticus

Vote Mr. Wednesday
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #1665
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
You always want to off me, and you're wrong a lot more often than you're right -- I count one instance of the latter in the games we've played since we were both bad guys (the outlaws game).

Considering that I've cast one throwaway vote, two indeterminate votes, and one vote on a ninja, I'm not sure what more I can do. That's a pretty damn good strike rate at this point in the game. Not that it should necessarily sway you, but I seem to get attacked when I vote poorly, and now I'm getting attacked for voting well.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #1666
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Great work Desnudo.

I'm with RPI in that I'd prefer to go Mr. W than Schmidty.

Unvote Grammaticus

Vote Mr. Wednesday

As a thought, there may not be time, and I see RPI is gone. You may want to make that Schmidty.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #1667
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
As a thought, there may not be time, and I see RPI is gone. You may want to make that Schmidty.

With 20 mins left, probably not.

Unvote Mr. W

Vote Schmidty
Old 02-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #1668
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not 20 minutes, but an hour and 20 minutes. Deadline is 10PM CST.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #1669
Schmidty
Coordinator

Man, you guys are burying yourselves. I am a samurai. If I end up dying, you are toeast. I think that the fact that you voted for me, tells me that you are basically clueless samurai. I hope we win, but at the same time (in a small way), I hope that I am voted out and vindicated.

I am so sick of being a villager (which sounds bad of course). It's been awhile since I've been able to DO something other than A) Fuck things up or B) Be silent and lynched unfairly.

It's all good, and it's my own fault this time. I haven't been active, and for some reason, don't have the energy to read 800 posts a day. I'm sure that'll change, but it might have to be next time.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #1670
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Two things:

1)We have 1h:15min left (75 minutes total).

2) I'm here until the deadline, just in-and-out of the thread.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #1671
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Not 20 minutes, but an hour and 20 minutes. Deadline is 10PM CST.

Well in that case I'm off to bed. I hope I'm still alive when I wake up.

And still being in the WW game would be nice also.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #1672
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'd rather go Mr. W tonight:

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY

VOTE MR. W
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #1673
Desnudo
Coordinator

deadline is 9 CST is it not?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #1674
Desnudo
Coordinator

Unvote Schmidty

Vote Mr. W
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #1675
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Two things:

1)We have 1h:15min left (75 minutes total).

2) I'm here until the deadline, just in-and-out of the thread.

Hooray.

Unvote Schmidty
Vote Mr. Wednesday
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #1676
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
deadline is 9 CST is it not?

10pm CST (11pm EST) as per the thread title.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #1677
Desnudo
Coordinator

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #1678
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Man, you guys are burying yourselves. I am a samurai. If I end up dying, you are toeast. I think that the fact that you voted for me, tells me that you are basically clueless samurai. I hope we win, but at the same time (in a small way), I hope that I am voted out and vindicated.

I am so sick of being a villager (which sounds bad of course). It's been awhile since I've been able to DO something other than A) Fuck things up or B) Be silent and lynched unfairly.

It's all good, and it's my own fault this time. I haven't been active, and for some reason, don't have the energy to read 800 posts a day. I'm sure that'll change, but it might have to be next time.

Have you ever tried C) helping? Somewhere in all that complaining and threatening might be a defense, but I don't see one.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #1679
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Have you ever tried C) helping? Somewhere in all that complaining and threatening might be a defense, but I don't see one.

Look at my record in most of the games I've ever played. I got burned in the last game, and this game depressed, so I haven't "researched" as much, but that doesn't mean I'm not going that I'm not going to defend myself when wrongly confused.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #1680
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Look at my record in most of the games I've ever played. I got burned in the last game, and this game depressed, so I haven't "researched" as much, but that doesn't mean I'm not going that I'm not going to defend myself when wrongly confused.

Yes, well I got lumped in with you as one of the dumbest WW players ever, so I know how it feels.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #1681
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Well, our last hour effort to move to Mr. W. appears unsuccessful.

I will be surprised if tanglewood is a bad guy.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #1682
Poli
FOFC Survivor

tick...tick...tick
Old 02-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #1683
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
tick...tick...tick

Vote Ardent Enthusiast

Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #1684
Poli
FOFC Survivor

lol
Old 02-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #1685
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Haven't been around at all today but, nice analysis Desnudo. Didn't realize that Alan T had brought be up that much. Knowing what I know about myself seems like a logical choice he might have avoided other Ninja.

Unvote Tanglewood
Vote Mr. W
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #1686
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The endings are just so less exciting with me dead!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #1687
hoopsguy
General Manager

Think we are past the time now - usually have someone posting near the deadline to keep me from sending the post to check the timestamp.

Results coming up in a minute ...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #1688
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Well, whatever my opinions on Tanglewood, I certainly wasn't going to change my vote once the late push towards me started. For better or worse, about the only way I don't protect myself is if a seer or bodyguard or the like is at stake.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #1689
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Well, whatever my opinions on Tanglewood, I certainly wasn't going to change my vote once the late push towards me started. For better or worse, about the only way I don't protect myself is if a seer or bodyguard or the like is at stake.
Did you want to change your vote?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #1690
Desnudo
Coordinator

To drum up some excitement for Barkeep, I will be revealing some additional information after the vote.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #1691
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 4 lynch

A spooky silence seems to have fallen across the dusty land with the death of Blade. Many of you thought you would welcome the peace and quiet, but it just seems to magnify the sound of the funeral pyre burning in the distance.

The samurai seem nearly united in their suspicion of Tanglewood early in the day and no meaningful resistance is ever mounted to overturn the vote. Tanglewood's shoulders sag as he sees the great Chuck Norris make his way before the group.

"Tanglewood, it is time to embrace your destiny. Come show your mettle!" With that, Tanglewood nods, discards his katana, and leaps at Chuck, his foot aimed squarely at his head.

Chuck actually appears to be in danger, as he had turned his back and was rotating his head in some form of stretching exercise. Tanglewood clips his head, lands on his feet, and bounces in place in perfect balance. Chuck smiles, and encourages his opponent to re-engage.

Tanglewood is clearly a skilled combatant, but his true expertise is with the katana. So why has he elected to go hand-to-hand with Chuck Norris? What kind of a death wish does this man have? Chuck does not seem to be in a hurry to end this one, as punches and kicks are exchanged over the course of about three minutes. The difference is that Chuck hits like a brick shithouse while Tanglewood isn't really capable of messing up Chuck's hair.

Eventually, Chuck decides that he has seen enough. "Tanglewood, you fight bravely. You die a samurai." With that, he ducks under the swing of a beaten man and places a choke hold upon him that sucks the life from him.

"Time grows short for the samurai - I have no desire to deliver the item to the ninja clan, but you are forcing my hand. You are supposed to be the next generation to defend our people, but instead you are duped by second rate warriors and third rate deception."

Chuck looks pissed as he walks off into the night.

A search of Tanglewood's quarters reveal nothing of interest. You all conclude it would be best to take Chuck at his word that Tanglewood was an honorable, if undistinguished, samurai.

Night 4 is underway - please send in your night actions. Deadline for tomorrow is 10PM. I expect that we would hold off on play for the weekend, but if people have availability over the weekend let me know ...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #1692
saldana
Pro Starter

please stand by while Hoops writes "War and Peace, the werewolf edition".....come on, some of us are blowing off work waiting for this!!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #1693
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm definitely available and up for (and in fact would prefer, as it's the best time for me to be around) play on the weekends.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #1694
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

My shortlist for now (roughly in order):

Mr. W.
Schmidty
kingfc22
Old 02-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #1695
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
"Time grows short for the samurai - I have no desire to deliver the item to the ninja clan, but you are forcing my hand. You are supposed to be the next generation to defend our people, but instead you are duped by second rate warriors and third rate deception."

I am clearly a third rate warrior with second rate deception! I take offense!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #1696
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Desnudo, I think post 1654 has some very solid analysis. I wish my wife hadn't dragged me away, I would have changed my vote.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #1697
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just caught up. It sucks that we lost another Samurai. What was the final tally? I'm sorry that real life took me away from the game. I hope my vote wasn't a deciding factor. Anyway, the good news is that Mrs. Eaglesfan has to work late the next 3 nights, so that won't be a problem again. I would definitely prefer to play through the weekend, but understand if that doesn't work for everyone.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #1698
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
My shortlist for now (roughly in order):

Mr. W.
Schmidty
kingfc22

Just kill me.

I am seriously offiially done. This is the worst game I've ever played and I'm sorry, but I have no desire to defend myself. Especially against certain classless people.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #1699
Desnudo
Coordinator

A little about my role, now that I've gotten all that I'm going to from it. I am favored by Chuck Norris and therefore, additional information on two night kills, one kill per day, was made available to me, as well as some answers to my questions around those kills. I decided to investigate the double murder of packersfanatic and path12 as I'm pretty sure everyone knows Blade was a ninja kill.

1. Path12 was murdered by a ninja. No special role. Not killed by AlanT. He was murdered because the ninjas thought he was the seer due to misinterpreting information provided to them (I'm assuming they have an anti-seer). His body was butchered with over 100 cuts.

2. PackerFanatic, a samurai, was killed by another samurai who thought he was a ninja. The samurai who did this has lost the ability. If this samurai can come forward, then please do. There is nothing lost by doing it and we can clear another samurai. I know several unrevealed details that I can use to confirm.

3. Blade was blinded by AlanT. As much as it pains me to say it, and I'm sure it will boost his ego even higher, Blade was an incredibly powerful samurai and it took two ninja to subdue him. This was unusual as the ninja usually hunt alone.

As you can see, mainly backstory rather than anything useful. Except that we can clear another samurai if the one that attacked PackerFanatic comes forward.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #1700
hoopsguy
General Manager

Final vote tally:
Tanglewood (9) - Qwikshot (1596), Grammaticus (1597), TazFTW (1601), Lathum (1611), Mr. Wednesday (1614), Schmidty (1615), Eaglesfan (1620), Kingfc (1626), Coder (1627)
Mr. Wednesday (4) - RPI (1672), Desnudo (1674), Tanglewood (1675), Mustang (1685)