Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #351
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Does the internet service come through DISH too?

No, Cable One has a 300 GB cap at my price level. I never come close to the cap and the speed is great so I'd like to stay at that level, but, I think we'd struggle with that if we relying more on the internet for TV.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #352
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Same here (except I switched from DirecTV to DISH after a few months of cutting the cord) Maybe I'm too old, but Vue and Sling is just not the TV experience I want. I missed the better DVR functionality and having everything in one place. Plus I'd probably have to upgrade internet packages so I wouldn't really save much, at least in the first two years of intro DISH pricing. My bill is $76/month now after starting at $65.
So I finally made the call to Dish to cancel....

...and they made me a pretty good offer. I get fully upgraded equipment at no cost, they waive the monthly equipment fees, and give me a rate better than what new customers get for being a long-time customer. I cut my monthly cost from $139 to $89 locked-in rate for 2 years.

I also don't have to worry about the death of net neutrality throttling my internet connection and potentially messing with an internet tv option. I'm very happy.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #353
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I noticed my cable/internet bill went up from about $195/month to $215 this past cycle. I have the midrange Optimum package and two boxes. It's at the point where I'm ready to make a change just out of principle.

My initial thoughts have me going with Vue. Seems like the best for me and my wife. Most likely just going with the Core package.

The only thing I need to figure out is MSG for Rangers games. Worst case I'll use a cable login and their app.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #354
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not a fan of Fox switching to On Demand only on PS Vue. I think I'll need to get an antenna installed to get local channels and then get a Tivo.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #355
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Yeah, I'm paying 45 a month for Vue now and I'm not that impressed that I'm only getting 1 of the 4 locals. I do have an OTA antenna and HD Homerun, which allows me to record stuff with Plex Pass.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #356
MrBug708
Head Coach

Called Fios to see about getting something knocked off my bill and they couldnt offer me anything off. Pretty crazy, so now I need some sort of internet deal and venture into the world of cord cutting
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #357
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Not a fan of Fox switching to On Demand only on PS Vue. I think I'll need to get an antenna installed to get local channels and then get a Tivo.

Antenna, pre-amplifier, mast and mounting plus installation for $550 plus tax.

Does this seem about right for a roof-mounted OTA antenna?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #358
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Antenna, pre-amplifier, mast and mounting plus installation for $550 plus tax.

Does this seem about right for a roof-mounted OTA antenna?

Not exactly sure where you live, but did you try a $20 indoor antenna yet?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #359
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Yeah Kodos, make sure to use one of the sites that use FCC data to show you how good of a signal you can expect. If all your locals are within 30-40 miles you generally don't need anything on your roof. Of course you also might not want something inside if you can't hide it or it drives your wife nuts lol.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-11-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #360
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Not exactly sure where you live, but did you try a $20 indoor antenna yet?

I did. It only pulled in 4 channels, two of which were in Spanish. It was the same even when I put it out near my roof.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #361
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Yeah Kodos, make sure to use one of the sites that use FCC data to show you how good of a signal you can expect. If all your locals are within 30-40 miles you generally don't need anything on your roof. Of course you also might not want something inside if you can't hide it or it drives your wife nuts lol.

We're about 20 miles from New Haven and 40 miles from Hartford. We're a bit down in a hole, as the house across the street is on a hill that puts their ground floor higher than our roof.

Here is what homeantenna.org says:
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (28.7 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by Kodos : 01-11-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #362
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Outside install proabably a good idea then.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #363
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We're about 20 miles from New Haven and 40 miles from Hartford.

Old Saybrook?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #364
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isn't there a super cheap cable package for locals only basically? Like 19.99$ or something?

My house sits in a hole basically and my property is rimmed by giant trees. There's no way I'm going to get channels locally unless I make a tower of Babel height antenna.

Last edited by stevew : 01-11-2018 at 10:59 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #365
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Old Saybrook?

Clinton.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #366
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

20 dollars for locals is not super cheap IMO.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #367
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clinton.

I love that whole area. You near the water?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #368
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Isn't there a super cheap cable package for locals only basically? Like 19.99$ or something?

My house sits in a hole basically and my property is rimmed by giant trees. There's no way I'm going to get channels locally unless I make a tower of Babel height antenna.

Go to Bestbuy. Ask them if there is an antenna that would work. There are some pretty powerful, non-invasive selections out there.
Then, if it doesnt work, you can return it.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #369
ezlee2
n00b

You Tube TV is pretty solid option. You get a d ent amount of channels, local and plenty of sports for $35
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #370
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
I love that whole area. You near the water?

Within a couple miles of shore. It's a nice area. Too much summer traffic, but otherwise nice. My wife's family has a cottage on the Long Island Sound. We spend a lot of time there in the summer. My wife is a beach person.

Last edited by Kodos : 01-12-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #371
Kodos
Resident Alien

I know that you can't watch PS Vue on two PS4s at the same time, but can you alternate using PS Vue on different PS4s in the same house? I'm not happy with my PS3's performance when using PS Vue, and am considering getting a PS4 slim.

Quote:
Only one PS4™ console and two PS3™ consoles can be used at a given time (i.e. you cannot stream PS Vue on two PS4™ consoles at any given time, but one PS4™ system and one PS3™ console can be used at the same time).

Last edited by Kodos : 03-19-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #372
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looking into cutting the cord at some point; need to see when my contract runs out.

Any suggestions on approaches. I was thinking of Chromecast and YoutubeTV.

My biggest concern is local sports. How have you handled that?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 AM   #373
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I noticed my cable/internet bill went up from about $195/month to $215 this past cycle. I have the midrange Optimum package and two boxes. It's at the point where I'm ready to make a change just out of principle.

I ended up getting a good enough discount to stick with Optimum. I'm down to about $125/month all in and all I lost were the movie channels and some other minor stuff. Haven't missed them yet and can always add back HBO for $15/month if we need it, still coming out way ahead.

A combination of internet only through them and something like PS Vue would have only been about $20 cheaper.

Last edited by Logan : 03-20-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #374
Galaril
Pro Starter

So I too am finally ready to see about cutting the cable tv cord. I get the xfinity 140 channels and high speed internet 150 Mbps I think but it has gone up to $170 with hbo. I am looking to get th sling tv 50 channels for $40 that has ESPN channels, TNT, TBS, CNN, SYFY, AE and FS1 among others. I am going to get the ROKU Ultra sign up for Hulu plus to go with our Netflix and Amazon prime video. We may eventual get HBO Now so we can watch game of thrones next year. We will get a good indoor antenna and see if we can get the four local networks. I may keep the xfinity internet even though I am sure I won't get a great deal but will keep it for now. We will save enough for this to pay for the Roku and antennae and the sling TV subscription.

I am tempted by the YouTube tv as opposed to an antenna and sling tv services. Has anyone signed up for either and give an opinion?

Last edited by Galaril : 06-19-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #375
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm getting rid of Comcast internet & TV, about $200, for AT&T UVerse data only for $50.

I have Amazon Prime and NetFlix but am going to miss some of the TV series and football games.

Goodbye Comcast, you were good as a packaged deal at one time Internet-TV-Phone. Also, the monthly bill kept on creeping up ... you suck.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #376
muns
Pro Starter

I recently went back to Comcast. I was using them for just internet, have Netflix, and Kodi and was using PS Vue. Totally was spending around 150. However, they called me and said they could upgrade my internet speed, and give me cable for 2 years for 108 bucks (also gave me HBO for 3 months, and showtime for 2 years as well). The internet speed they bumped me up to was 90 a month by itself. Thought it was a steal. They have to be doing these kinds of deals elsewhere. Just something for any of you to check out.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #377
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, I was was spending $45 a month for a security system, $90 for internet and $160 for DirecTV (middle tier with just HBO and extra sports). I contacted cox and got a bundled package for $200 (after taxes and fees) where I got their monitored security system, the same internet I had and the gold package with all the movie channels and sports channels for 2 years (locked in at that price). That saved me almost $100 a month and I get more channels. I do lose the Sunday Ticket (which raised the bill for 5-6 months as well) - but it was worth the move.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #378
Galaril
Pro Starter

I called Comcast xfinity told them I was canceling my tv after my contact expired a week ago and just keep the internet only. I was shocked they said ok bye. They told me for just the internet it would be $81 plus I assume tax so maybe $90-$95.They made no offer to keep me or asked me why. So, it will be about $140-$150 total for usswitch to just internet, slings tv total package, Netflix and Hulu with Amazon prime. If I start searching around I might find a better internet provider price wise but the 150 mbps works good for us. I would lose the local channels unless I can get them off antenna but will lose my DVR function. Might not really be worth the trouble to just cut the cord to say I did.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #379
Edward64
Head Coach

I called comcast a week ago to cancel TV and asked how much was internet only. They redirected me to I assume a "special team". When asked why, I just told him I was out of a job and needed to cut costs and that AT&T data only was $50.

The person put me and hold, came back, and offered the basic, non-cable channels and internet for about $55 total. I was tempted to save the hassle and go for the deal but then realized/found out that (1) AT&T offered 1TB where Comcast was still at, I think, 400GB and (2) I would need to pay rent on the Comcast equipment whereas AT&T supplied all needed equipment for the monthly $50. The guy also had a "sly" way of not answering my questions directly re: rent and data amount, he said "same as what you have now" until I prodded him to provide me specifics on "what I had now".

What really put me off was the comcast person said I need to call back on the 20th to cancel on the 24th. I challenged him on this but he said it was policy.

I called back today and, lo and behold, the comcast lady said she did not know why the first person couldn't just process my cancellation last week and did not see any record of my request. She processed my cancellation with no further drama and told me to just drop of the equipment at any comcast store.

That first guy pissed me off.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-20-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #380
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I called comcast a week ago to cancel TV and asked how much was internet only. They redirected me to I assume a "special team". When asked why, I just told him I was out of a job and needed to cut costs and that AT&T data only was $50.

The person put me and hold, came back, and offered the basic, non-cable channels and internet for about $55 total. I was tempted to save the hassle and go for the deal but then realized/found out that (1) AT&T offered 1TB where Comcast was still at, I think, 400GB and (2) I would need to pay rent on the Comcast equipment whereas AT&T supplied all needed equipment for the monthly $50.

What really put me off was the comcast person said I need to call back on the 20th to cancel on the 24th. I challenged him on this but he said it was policy.

I called back today and, lo and behold, the comcast lady said she did not know why the first person couldn't just process my cancellation last week and did not see any record of my request. She processed my cancellation with no further drama and told me to just drop of the equipment at any comcast store.

That first guy pissed me off.

I had the same experience about 6 months back. The retention team at Comcast is real shady. My guess is they're judged on the % of people they retain so they'll make up stories to avoid a cancellation.

Sprint did the same thing to me years ago when I cancelled a wireless plan. Guy flat out told me he couldn't cancel after a number of attempts to get me to stay and then hung up on me.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #381
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah, we had read different stories on the hassle and one recommendation was just to drop off the equipment and handle the cancellation at the store (and bypass the phone call).

However, I did want to find out how much internet only was so I made the call.

I will say to comcast's credit, I didn't have to punch alot of #'s to get to the right place and I didn't have a long wait.

We did check with others in the subdivision and they were happy with AT&T Uverse.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #382
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I am tempted by the YouTube tv as opposed to an antenna and sling tv services. Has anyone signed up for either and give an opinion?

I just switched from Sling to YouTube TV.

I was generally happy with Sling, but I live in a remote enough area where only an outdoor antenna will pick up local channels/networks. So, YouTube carrying three of our four main locals was a huge factor, as Sling carries none. Also carries a few other (mostly sports-related) channels that I've been wanting that Sling lacks. Its performance has been excellent for me using Rokus. Virtually no buffering, quality video.

The main cons: while Sling's DVR costs $5 extra and is limited to 50 hours and YTTV's is unlimited (for nine months), be aware that many channels on YTTV force you to watch the Video-On-Demand version of things you "record," if they exist. Which means commercials you can't skip. Not all channels do this but many do, including, I believe, all networks except ABC. I find that I can live with it because it's part of the deal of getting so much for $40 a month, but it can be annoying.

Other con is that Sling has NFL Network/Red Zone and, thus far, YTTV does not. Remains to be seen if they're waiting to add them for football season.

I've found that all of these services are missing a couple of channels/features that I want, and it's just a matter of your priorities as to what you can live with.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 AM   #383
Edward64
Head Coach

Folks with internet but no cable/dish, what do you use to watch college football?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #384
sooner333
College Starter

I use PS Vue for college football. For the networks I would use antenna, but my cable company gave me the basic cable and HBO and Starz for about $12 more than internet only.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #385
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I just switched from Sling to YouTube TV.

I was generally happy with Sling, but I live in a remote enough area where only an outdoor antenna will pick up local channels/networks. So, YouTube carrying three of our four main locals was a huge factor, as Sling carries none. Also carries a few other (mostly sports-related) channels that I've been wanting that Sling lacks. Its performance has been excellent for me using Rokus. Virtually no buffering, quality video.

The main cons: while Sling's DVR costs $5 extra and is limited to 50 hours and YTTV's is unlimited (for nine months), be aware that many channels on YTTV force you to watch the Video-On-Demand version of things you "record," if they exist. Which means commercials you can't skip. Not all channels do this but many do, including, I believe, all networks except ABC. I find that I can live with it because it's part of the deal of getting so much for $40 a month, but it can be annoying.

Other con is that Sling has NFL Network/Red Zone and, thus far, YTTV does not. Remains to be seen if they're waiting to add them for football season.

I've found that all of these services are missing a couple of channels/features that I want, and it's just a matter of your priorities as to what you can live with.

Do either Sling or YTTV dvr make it so you can record shows like football games off the locals ?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #386
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Do either Sling or YTTV dvr make it so you can record shows like football games off the locals ?

You should be able to record football off the locals on YTTV without a problem. I haven't done it myself but I've read that it does a pretty good job accounting for games that run over their time slot, as well.

If you get a local channel on Sling I think the DVR will record it. I know that they have had weird rules about not being able to DVR ESPN/Disney and FS1 in the past, but I'm not sure that is still the case (I know you can DVR FS1 now, at least).
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #387
Edward64
Head Coach

So I finally got Sling Blue today for $25/month. A couple quick thoughts.

1) Some of the non-HD channels are coming through pretty bad with my 65 inch 4K which I guess should be expected. Might be my imagination but I think Comcast had more HD stuff.

2) There are some channels (USA, IFC) that seems to have more trouble than others (CNN, BBC). I'm not sure why but I get a lot more pauses on some channels and others. I can understand if its consistent across all the channels but its not.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #388
Edward64
Head Coach

I've got 2 Samsung TVs, about 2 and 3 years old.

One allowed me to download the Sling app but the other does not allow any new app downloads beyond what was already installed. What a piece of crock.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #389
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I've run into similar issues with older Samsung TVs. Just get yourself some cheap Roku/Chrome/Fire device for 30ish bucks. It'd likely be an improvement even if you could get the Samsung stuff working.

As for cable cutting, I cut years ago. Use a single HDTV antenna connected to an HDHomerun, which streams to wherever I have Plex accessibility, which is everywhere(inside and outside the house, TV/Mobile/Web). Using Plex for DVR and combination of Nvidia Shield and Plex to watch Live TV, depending where I'm watching from.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #390
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Just ditched our cable. Running an antenna on one tv, Amazon firestick with prime, sling and ESPN plus, a other antenna and a roku on the way.

CenturyLink had gotten up to 166 a month with really crappy internet. Paying 45 a month now for faster internet and comcast stream (which we will definitely cancel in a year after finding out an antenna works great).

Sling works fine for or needs so far, don't know if we'll keep it once this season of Doctor Who is over though.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #391
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've got 2 Samsung TVs, about 2 and 3 years old.

One allowed me to download the Sling app but the other does not allow any new app downloads beyond what was already installed. What a piece of crock.

That's the problem with Smart TVs. They rarely update the software once they move on to the new model.

Does anyone have a recommendation for which service is best? Can't decide on Sling, Playstation Vue, YouTube TV, etc.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #392
RainMaker
General Manager

And for those of you who have cut the cord, do you have a data cap from your ISP? Comcast has it set at 1TB here which isn't really that much if I'm streaming TV a lot. Especially if I want to veer into 4K.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #393
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I have FIOS and I do not. I admittedly would be hosed if I did, Steam downloads alone can hit 1TB+ for me on occasion.

Read Comcast is touting their 1GB speeds in many areas, but with a 1TB cap, who cares? I'd take a cap-less 20Mbps over that. Useless.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-23-2018 at 06:16 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #394
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've given this some thought, but given how many different types/ages ofTVs we have, the crappy internet we have access to here, and frankly my lack of enthusiasm at trying to juggle multiple apps/accounts to try to figure out what we want to watch on what apps on what TVs, I just don't think I can manage it. And I have no idea how to DVR anything. So, I keep paying $180 for DTV.

Really, beyond everything else, I think my crappy internet options kills any chance of being able to successfully do this, even if I was totally on board with it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #395
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've given this some thought, but given how many different types/ages ofTVs we have, the crappy internet we have access to here, and frankly my lack of enthusiasm at trying to juggle multiple apps/accounts to try to figure out what we want to watch on what apps on what TVs, I just don't think I can manage it. And I have no idea how to DVR anything. So, I keep paying $180 for DTV.

Really, beyond everything else, I think my crappy internet options kills any chance of being able to successfully do this, even if I was totally on board with it.

You could at least switch to Dish, or see what DTV offers you when you tell them you're switching Dish.

Otherwise, I'm still in kind of the same boat. Dish makes it really easy and it's not all that much more expensive than all of the services I'd be juggling without it. And I pretty much only watch TV via DVR, and satellite is by far the cleanest and easiest way to do that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #396
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So we have semi-cut the cord. With Netflix/Prime/Hulu Live we are probably only saving $10-15 a month but at least we are out from under the contracts of the companies and have a little more freedom to jump on a crazy deal that comes around every once in a while.

My question though is about Hulu Live and the $15 extra DVR. So we are in the free trial still and I wasn't going to mess with this until 30 days are up. My initial understanding was if I didn't pay the $15 I would still have a DVR but I would be forced to watch commercials. Then I noticed for $4 I can get the Hulu with limited commercials which would basically give us every show we watch anyways recorded without commercials. I clearly am misunderstanding. The Hulu website is very vague and I admit to being too lazy to just contact Hulu though I'm guessing I will get the run around.

So...
$40 Hulu Live Tv
$4 No commercials on their archive/original shows
$15 Cloud DVR that allows me to fast forward through commercials on stuff I record.

I'm thinking I am wasting the $15/month with the exception of maybe recording a basketball game or something as everything else seems to be available the next day in their archive anyways without commercials. Anyone have any experience/thoughts? I can't watch commercials, been 10+ years and will never go back!

EDIT: I'm not even sure we need to spend the $40 but it's baby steps with my wife as I am asking her to leave all sorts of comfort of the Directv DVR for the Wild West of streaming.

Last edited by panerd : 01-17-2019 at 07:10 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #397
spleen1015
Coordinator

suppose.tv

This website was pointed out to me by a coworker who recently cut the cord. Figured this would be a good place to share it.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #398
RainMaker
General Manager

Do any of you cord cutters have a data cap and how close do you come to it? Comcast limits us to 1TB before fees kick in. I feel like I'd be real close if I finally cut the cord. They have a monopoly here so choices don't exist.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #399
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Do any of you cord cutters have a data cap and how close do you come to it? Comcast limits us to 1TB before fees kick in. I feel like I'd be real close if I finally cut the cord. They have a monopoly here so choices don't exist.

I haven't cut the cord and my household comes close quite a bit. We're usually in the 800GB range for use and we've gone over the 1TB cap once. We're not your usual household though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #400
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I haven't cut the cord and my household comes close quite a bit. We're usually in the 800GB range for use and we've gone over the 1TB cap once. We're not your usual household though.

I'm at around 400-500GB each month. I do stream a bit but not a ton. Feel like if I cut the cord I'd be awfully close to that cap.