Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > FOF MP Commish Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
nouvelle_vague
n00b

having owners control 2 teams

Is it possible? I'm thinking you'd need two folders, two batch files, two of everything...but is it possible? anyone tried it?

nouvelle_vague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

No, the person could just load either team.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
nouvelle_vague
n00b

thanks, but I'm not asking about the ramifications, I'm asking about the logistics. Is it possible?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Of course. The commish would just have to send them passwords for both teams.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
nouvelle_vague
n00b

thanks Ben...

so thats it? Once you have the 2nd password you would just act like you are joining a new league? would have a folder for both teams or would you need two folders and two batch files?

as far as ramifications, if we prevented trading between owners, preventing dropping and picking up players, kept the teams in separate conferences so they would only play in the regular season every 4 years...anything else potentially dangerous?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
aston217
College Prospect

The batch files are really just for the universe/league setups. So if you are playing in 3 multiplayer leagues that all use NFL teams, you wouldn't need separate batch files to load up each league.

I'm prett ysure you just "enter new multiplayer career" once the batch file for that universe is loaded up. Same league files and such.

I don't know how there wouldn't be some kind of conflict of interest with 2 teams in one league but I guess an owner interested in it could make it work.

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #7
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouvelle_vague View Post
thanks Ben...

so thats it? Once you have the 2nd password you would just act like you are joining a new league? would have a folder for both teams or would you need two folders and two batch files?

as far as ramifications, if we prevented trading between owners, preventing dropping and picking up players, kept the teams in separate conferences so they would only play in the regular season every 4 years...anything else potentially dangerous?

That's about as airtight as you're going to get it owning two teams. There will still be some small conflicts but you could probably make it work with the right group of guys.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Well, most of the time actions taken for Team A will be for the good of Team A, but sometimes a tactical free agency signing, draft pick decission or somesuch can be more beneficial for Team B than for Team A. Especially if it interfers with a division/conference rival of the other team.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote