Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2021 NFL Draft

My goal is to come away with a stud OG if possible to replace OG Theo, or an OT to slide into Goldhammer’s spot. I’ve also looked at TE, S, DT, and OLB and scouted them.

Let’s go!

Chicago starts things with a draft of QB and the other studly one goes to Pittsburgh at 1.3

Just one of my OG targets goes in the top ten. My TE target went at 1.13. By 1.21, five OTs are off the board, and a 3rd QB has gone, the one that was “close” to Tennessee, that could be a problem later, guess we’ll see.

But that is looking like a potential OG draft for me. Then S and OG go and two of my targets are off the board. Then WLB and DT and CB and more of my targets fall. The Jets take WR at 27. Then OLB, OT and DE.

Of the players that I interviewed, who are still on the board?

SS Dexter Whorton, very overrated, next mind
OG OJ Lowe, hard to read
OG Steven Kelley, hard ot read

Kelley has the better bars. By far. Kelley is 23% developed to Lowe’s 40%. Lowe is a lot smarter, 32 to 13, but Satre is dumb as a rock. That doesn’t matter to me for o line. Lowe is faster, 5.03 to 5.21 in the dash. They are 34 and 32 in strength (Kelley in front). Kelley is a lot more agile – 7.50 to 7.84. He’s better in the broad jump – 8-06 to 7-10. Kelley is 87th in volatility and Lowe 76th. Frankly, each are legit choices. I am going to ride the bars and hope for a winner with Kelley.

Lowe goes to Pittsburgh at 2.2,

The 2.5 arrives, and this was a place that perhaps I could move up to with Goldhammer. Is there someone on the board I downright covet? The best players on the board by grade are GB, C, and an WLB named Evanswhite. Then C and RB again. By adjusted they are the RB< a DT (with a conflict) and some OTs.

I’m good. Let’s just run through the rest of the draft!

2.32 arrives Hmmm…. I take the top OT on the board with good bars OT Joel Cameron. Adjusted, he;s the 4th best payer on the board and the 2nd best non-QB on the board.

Then the 3.32 is here. There are two players here I’m eyeing. I like SLB Ezekiel Mueller and his strong bars and very very low volatility of 3. I also like DE Thurman Peterson. Got a red and blue combine scores, sitting here at the back of the 3rd round. Hmm… I go with the LB. I feel like he;’s a safer bet.

Our mid 4th arrives. DE Thurman went 108 to Oakland, and we are at 111. I take OC Luis Sutton. The best o lineman on the board by current grade, and not adjusted grade. At the end of the 4th there is a QB I like on the board named Frankie Peters that I grab.

The 5th round pick arrives at 160. I take a look to see if there are any BAP. There’s one. The top RB on the board, by far, in Randall Vance. I take him. In the mid 6th, I snag SE Mason Baillargeon, who appears ot have a very high special returns bar. A very high bar OG is the 9th one the top of the OG board, so I take a serious flyer on him at the 6.32 spot. But why not?

For Mr. Irrelevant we grab SS Alexander Tucker, the top safety on the board and he has some punt rerun ability as well.

The 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft Report:

1st – OG Steven Kelley, Pittsburg State
2nd – OT Joel Cameron, Tulane
3rd – OLB Ezekiel Mueller, Southern Miss
4th - OC Gerald Upshaw, Notre Dame; QB Frankie Peters, Wisconsin
5th - RB Randall Vance, Temple
6th – WR Mason Baillargeon, Florida State; OG Mark Meadows, Louisiana State
7th – S Alexander Rucker, Brigham Young

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have an A- draft.

Our stadium vote passes! I reject a trade offer for Bryan meadows that just offers a 4th rounder

Rookie Lookie Post Draft?

OG Steven Kelley is coming back as 31/70. The one I was considering, OG Lowe is 33/65. So it’s not like I screwed someone over by not snagging him. The other three OG have come back as 36/76, 28/85 and 21/69. None of those are losers. We would have done well with any of them really.

Anyone else that looks really strong? We have four players with a 50 or higher potential – QB peters, LT Cameron, RG Meadows, and OG Kelley. But two had stone bars that I just drafted to see what I;’d get later, they should look good now.

Let’s see about post-camp

Roster needs – I need a TE, DT, CB. Of those, two are backups.

Any amazing UFAs out there?

I have three veteran holdouts – CB Meadows, RB Gohl, and SS Iloka. Uh oh!

I make an offer to UFA:

RB Seth Jaco
TE Kenyon Page
DT Francisco Henderson

I cut QB Raul Hall

In other non-UFA news, what other free agents intrigue me?

A few players were just cut, and some RFAs not resigned were released. Any bargains?

Yeah. If I want to a good RB, I can chase 54/54 6th year vet Kendrick Glave, but I like Jaco. He’s 27/52 as a UFA. That doesn’t suck!

CB Giovanni McNeil has dropped in price, and kept dropping. Now you can sign the injured player for 4 mill this year and then 5.2 5.6 and 6.4. Not yet, but getting closer. Sign, place on IR, and if it works out, you might have a great player in the future.

I offer a deal to TE Josiah Logan. Let’s see what happens.

Someone made an offer to LCB Jacob Tudor, who I was considering offering a deal to. I make an offer to Tudor.

Stage 3 – We sign RB Jaco, TE Page,

Stage 4 – We sign TE Logan, DT Henderson, CB Jacob Tudor returns as well.

Alright, a few roster moves – I currently have 5.2 mill under the cap. I have 59 players on my roster pre-Camp.

I have money. I can cut some folks if needed. Does anyone else Intrigue?

I could chase 11th year vet Marcus Gilchrist, SS, 43/43 to be my starter and cut Iloka. I don’t want to commit that much money, 5+ mill to Iloka for a 10th year vet the year before this stuff matters. Meadows makes more sense. And I can cut Gohl if I want.

So I head ot the final week of FA. Oakland signs TE Delaroche for a lot of money – 10 mill over 3 years.

I want to offer CB McNeil that long term deal. Even if he busts down to a 55/55 or 50/50, it’s a solid pickup, with Meadows a question mark after this year. But, c’est la vie, I don’t want to tie up 4.5 mill next year if it never works out. I sign SS Gilchrist now, in case I need him later.

I head to camp to see about the hold-outs. Then I’ll make some decisions!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Camp time!

Okay, one vet holdout, CB Meadows, ended. I am surprised that Gohl also didn’t. He doesn’t have a lot of leverage in this thing.

We sold 60300 season tickets!

Rookie Lookie!

OG Steven Kelley, here we go:

Well, he doesn’t suck! He’s very low on the Green page, but he makes the cut. 37/68 is no slouch at all. He’s like a puppy, very high loyalty, very low intelligence. Again, this is a strong upgrade for the OG position made possible by not extending Deoin’s deal.

OT Joel Cameron is 24/53, and will sub in for Goldhammer. What I’d like to do is trade Goldhammer, start Richmond this year, and then OT Cameron next.

Other good rookies? OG Meadows is 20/52 and looks like a strong future potential OG. TE Kenyon Page is 23/48, QB Peters is 23/47, RB Jaco 26/43, and so forth.

I sign 2nd year RT Shannon Milnes, who is 29/48, and was cut by Minnesota.

If you’ll recall, last year I drafted QB Hardy Schaefer, and he looks bad post-camp. Well guess what? He has gotten better and better and is now 17/46. My rookie QB Peters, hasn’t bust that hard either. We may end up with Landry Jones getting the cut.

I send Goldhammer to the Lions for their 3rd rounder next year.

I cut:

TE Skip Hillery
LG Percy Tinkis
RB Randall Vance

Old 04-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pre-Season

Week 2 – We win 16-6 over Dallas. Then we lose DE Willis, to questionable knee stuff

Week 3 – We lose 24-27 to the Bucs, and then DT Fisk is down to questionable.

Week 4 – 44-10 over the Jets. Injuries to CB Meadows and RB Hopkins (colds).

It’s very simple. I will cut any veterans holding out after next week.

Week 5 – We win 17-16.

Gohl has dropped to 47/47, so I cut him easily. That’s worth the loss of the headache. We’ll suss out starting stuff in a moment. Iloka, I’m not paying you 6 mill a year for three years. You are done. You are released.

McNeil’s price has dropped to 2 mill, but just for one year.

I cut:

QB Landry Jones, who dropped to 29/29.
C Gerald Upshaw, a huge bust for me in the 4th who has dropped to 18/30 after continuing to plummet.
SS Alexander Tucker – Not good enough to make the cut at 15/24
MLB Brent Greer
WR Mason Naillargeon - Special teams came in at 44/47, not where it looked at the time of the draft

I move SLB Mueller to MLB.

Seth Jaco went from 50+ potential to 23/28. Meanwhile RB Jose Rivers is down to 45/45 from 43/58 last year.

I cut 4 rookies I drafted already.

OLB Upshaw has dropped to 40/40. WR Wild is at 79/82. As of right now, he is the best WR in the NFL. Glen Howard and DeAndre Hopkins are 77/77, and JT Stuber 76/76, and then Donny Franklin 75/75. The next highest is 69/69 Dez Bryant. Get ready for a Wild ride!

OT Starks in his second year? 66/70

Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #205
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster –

QB Bortles – Yup!
RB Jose Rivers – Starting early, did not develop as hoped, the best of a bad situation.
FB Robbie Wheatley – 51/51 he’s fine
TE Travis Kelce – 63/63 Also a strong, but older, guy who can do a lot of stuff from the TE spot.
FL Joshua Wild – It’s a Wild Wild World
SE Marqise Lee – He’s Wild too. Don’t forget Robinson at WR as well.
OT Joel Cameron – I decided to go ahead and start him
OG Marquis Satre – Him too!
OC Robert Pearson – Never a bad year
OG Steven Kelley – Not as good as Theo skill wise, but I’ma run with him
OT Myron Starks – Yeah!
P Leslie Bridgeman – 52/52
K Tyler Bernard – 59/59
DE Kenneth Butler – 47/47 – Bad year last year resulted in no extension. But if he starts hot?
DE Cesar Velazquez – Still a stud baby!
DT Brant Missouri – 49/49 How will our new signing do?
DT Quentin Grossman – Strong and permanent starter for us.
MLB Irving Ward – 52/52, in next year with us
WLB Shawn Branton – 51/51 downright awful last year
OLB Bobby Turner – 45/45 – Recent signee as well
CB Bryan Meadows – 51/51 – Fresh off an all pro year
CB Shane Hopkins – 60/60 All Pro two years ago
SS Marcus Gilchrist, 48/48 – 11th year vet coming in
FS Camden Becker 40/40 – FS Wilson dropped from 51 to 36 in one year post-camp and post-preseason
LS Grayson Johnstone

PR RB Reggie Brooks, KR Donnie Crawford

Roster Strength:

Just Starters:

QB – 8th in league
RB – 10th worst
FB - 12th best
TE - 5th best
WR THE Best
C 10th best
OGTHE best
OT 15th worst
P 13th worst
K 9th worst
DE 3rd best
DT 14th best
ILB THE worst
OLB 16th best
CB 8th best
S 9th worst

We are the youngest team in the NFL with an average age of 27.0

Old 04-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We only have 24 players on our team from the rookie draft, the 5th lowest score and 10th lowest team.

I made several mistakes in this offseason. I had a weak draft. I should have chased that SS that was 50/50. I could have moved him to FS in an emergency. I should have brought in more UFas to press against the chance that RB Jace would bust, there were two more 50+ UFA Rbs I didn’t pursue., Or I should have brought in the cheap RB that was 45/45 or so in 2nd late FA that could have started in case Gohl busted. I should have figured out that RB Jose Rivers was a possible bust and not to lean on him too much. I should have chased the really good, but 4.5 mill level MLB, and I could have moved folks around to cover for Upshaw’s drop.

I screwed up. Drafts, FA, late FA, UFA, and post-Camp. This team could have been better.

For example, take my draft. In addition to having a horrible Center pick in the middle of the 4th round, 5 centers went in the draft or UFA who were much better. My “safe pick” at SLB in the 3rd round is right now a 16/40 after swapping to MLB to increase it’s potential from 37 to 40. The DE I was considering? He’s a strong 36/47 in Oakland. There are many impact players taken near or after my picks, like WR Roberto Mazor, taken by Tennessee at the late 2nd round, 41/70, that I could have seen and moved up to get with OT Goldhammer or just traded up to snag. Normally I see a player that good fall, but I missed him. I didn’t take TE 34/53 in the 3rd or so forth. For example, the pick after C Upshaw, my awful pick? Buffalo got a 29/48 DE. I could have used that. that was after Thurman Petersen was off the board. Other picks later in the 4th include the Colts 28/46 DT, great K and P, WILB that’s 24/47 to the Chiefs, QB that’s 22/44, even a 28/39 MLB to the Titans at 4/30 would have better! In the 6th round when I took WR Mason Baillargeon, a 17/27 guy I released, others grabbed Scarborough to Texans, 22/38 and 43/72 kick returns and 44/50 special teams, FL Terry Winters, 15/34 to Colts and FL Ellis Worthy, 18/35 to Broncos. All better than my 17/29 guy.

In the 5th after I take 5.32 RB Vance, who sucked to the turn of 25/28, other RBs taken the next round, in the 6th, are 28/33, 39/44, and 23/38 (Taken 6.30 a full round later) All of those are better, and were taken a round later.

You get the point. We had two picks that might, maybe, turn out of be decent later – OG Mark Meadows, at 6.32 was a flyer on a guy with strong bars, and high volatility, and QB Frankie Peters at 4.32 was a 24/38 player right now, and perhaps can grow to be a solid backup for us. That’s it. 4 QB or UFA taken after Peters have better potentials. I could have snagged one of those. Other OGs went late of quality too. For example at 6.25 Kansan City grabbed RDG Teddy Felllin from Eastern Michigan Univ. Teddy is 26/55. A better player. So we’re not the only one to mine OG depth this year. Taking OG Meadows was not unique, and it may not even work out. Plus he may bust up anyway.

Last year’s sterling A+ draft is looking less so with the loss to 2nd round RB Rivers.

You get the idea. Coming out of preseason, LG Kelley dropped to 33/60. That’s not what you what to see. Now, to be fair, OT Cameron boomed to 26/62, and that’s good news.

My draft was weak and uninspired. I draft a mid round or later QB regularly. To have finally gotten one that might not suck isn’t anything major. Only 8 rookies are making the cut on my final roster, and of those three – TE Page, RB Jaco and DT Henderson are UFAs. Despite having 9 picks, just 5 drafted players are making the grade. That’s not a good mark. Take DT for example. By waiting until FA to sing a UFA, I have the 14th best DT right now among rookies, and the 8th best potential. That’s not good. Two were taken in the 1st round at 1.2 and 1.26. But I could have had DT Chandler Richard from the 2nd round (late to, 2.23 to Colts), 4th rounder Dashawn Karpel,Rams., 2nd rounder NT Walker to the Giants, 4th rounder Fenton to the Colts 3rd rounder DT Sweeney to the ‘Phins. And so forth. I didn’t. Shoot, if I had grabbed DT Fenton instead of C Upshaw, my draft would look a lot better from that one pick.

With his bust, our OG, at the end of preseason, is now ranked 4th of the 5 OGs. OG Lowe? Bussted to 33/38. So there’s that I suppose. But a 2nd rounder, late, at 2.22 Deron Clark to the Lions? He a strong 30/58.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We open hosting the Colts. But not with a loss. We win 51-17. Bortles, game MVP, has 23 of 30 for 4:0 and hit WR Wild twice, TE Kelce once and WR Robinson once for scores. Rivers carried 22 times for 90 and a score in his first start. Picks by CB Hopkins and Meadows. Reggie Brooks had a 72 yard PR for a core. 1.5 sacks by DT Grossman, 1 by new FS Camden Becker and 1 by DT Fisk. SS Gilchrist is out with a pulled calf muscle.

Week 2 – We host the Rams next. We barely win 20-16. Bortles, MVP, had 22 of 33 for 312 and 1:0. WR Lee with 124 yards and 1 TD and WR Wild with 125 yards. Chandler Hutchins, backup RB rushed for a score too. Pick by CB Meadows. 3 sacks by DE Butler, and 1 by Grossman and DE Dana Webster and DE Velazquez. In this game alone, Butler equaled his sack total from last year! 3 KRB by OT Starks and a pancake by him too.

Week 3 – Next we host the strong Bengals and upend them 38-3. Bortles, MVP, had 26 of 35 for 259 and 5:1. He hit Wild, Fahey, Fahey, RB Rivers and WR Donnie Crawford for scores. Picks by S Myles Clinton and MLB Irving War. CB Jacob Tudor had a FF and fumrec. DE Velazquez a sack. OG Satre had one of his dominating games with 6 KRB and 3 pancakes, and Starks added KRB as well.

We have two major issues though

OT Joel Cameron is out with a pulled calf muscle for 6 weeks.

And get ready

FL Allen Robinson is out with a ruptured Achilles tendon for the year. He won’t return until next year. That sucks. He’s never been that healthy to begin with, and now he’s out for the year.

OT Terrance Richmond’ll start until Cameron is back, that’s fine, I have coverage. And Robinson had moved to 3rd on the depth chart anyway. But that;s a hit, clearly. I sign 8th year vet Jeff Janis to a vet min salary. He’s 24/24 and has large big play game and some special teams stuff too.

Week 4 – 41-24 over the Jets in New York. Bortles, MVP, 32 of 47 and 365 for 5:1. Wild was 180 yard sand 2 scores and Lee 100 yards TE Kelce 1 scores and WR Fahey 2. RB Rivers rushed 19 for 94. 2 sacks by DE Velazquez, 1 by DT Missouri and DE Butler. SLB Bobby Turner is doubtful with a pulled groin for a few weeks and I bench him for Upshaw and bring in Mueller from inactivity.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We have a quieter win over winless Miami 20-10. RB Rivers was 22 for 124 and a score, and Bortles was 28 of 33 for 271 and 1:0. He hit backup RB Hutchins for a score. Pick by rookie MLB Ezekiel Mueller, getting a backup play with the injury to our team, and that’s his first game, and a pick. Nicely done rookie! DT Missouri with the game’s solo sack. C Pearson was 5 KRB and 1 pancake, OT Starks 3 and 1, and Satre had 2 and 2 pancakes.

SS Gilchrist is back.

Week 6 – We head out and thump the Colts 49-27, and Bortles, MVP and Offiensive Player of the Week had 23 of 31 for 354 and 4:1. He his Lee for 193 yards and 2 scores, WR Crawford for a score and FB Wheatley for another. Picks by OLB Upshaw and CB Hopkins. 1.5 sacks by DT Missouri, and 3 KRb and a pancake for OG Satre. Baltimore lost and we are the last undefeated team in the league

The WR Allen Robinson injury has me a little frazzled, because with OG Linder gone, and now perhaps Robinson on the way out, it reminds me that we have a dwindling number of people that have been with us since the beginning. My first year, my roster inherited, (or I brought in pre-seaon) these people that are still with us:

QB Blake Bortles
WR Marqise Lee
WR Allen Robinson
K Tyler Bernard
LS Grayson Johnstone

I see if I can go shopping with OG Theophilakaostkatos. Maybe I can swap him for a Safety?

Players I think are solid choices and need an OG

Bears SS Benjamin Malone, 54/54

The value of trading for a S is that I finally get someone who doesn’t suck. The problem is that I commit salary to a solid player the next two years, when my prevaricating at the position has left me an opportunity to re-sign major players. SO I just trade Theo to the Cardinals for their 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks in 2023 two years down the road.

Week 7 – We head to Tennessee and in what was clearly a trap game we lose 39-32. Despite the best efforts of Marqise Lee to win the game singlehandedly with 205 yards and 3 scores, it was not to be Bortles hit Fahey for a score as well, and wsas a solid 22/40 411 and 4:1 on the day. A token sack by CB Meadows. 3 KRB by Myron Starks.

We have a minor injury. WR Joshua Wild is out for two weeks with a strained Achilles.

6-1

Week 8 – BYE

Week 9 – We head to 5-2 Buffalo and come back losers, 38-31. Bortles was 24 of 36 for 466 and 4:2, and Lee had 230 yards and 1 score, WR Crawford, starting, had a score, and RB Hutchins and WR Jeff Janis, signed off the practice heap, also had TD Grabs. We like to call them Bortle Bombs. Two forced fumbles, from one Velazquez. DE Butler and Webster with sacks.

And we finish the first half 6-2 after a 6-0 start. Right now in the AFC Baltimore is 7-2 and in front, and then Buffalo (because they beat us) at 6-2 and us at 6-2 following things up. There are four teams with 5 wins, including the Titans after they rattled off 3 straight wins once they had started 2-4.

Weird… I try to extend CB Bryan Meadows, but due to past injustices, he doesn’t want to resign. What? He’s happy, not disgruntled or anything. What past injustice? The holdout? Well that sucks. And changes things.

Players I’m losing this year:

CB Bryan Meadows; TE Travis Kelce; DE Kenneth Butler; CB Janoris Jenkins; LS Grayson Johnstone

That sucks.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We host the 5-3 Patriots this week. We send them back 33-21. Bortles, MVP and Offensive Player of the Week had a quiet 26 of 37 for 300 and 2:0. He hit Lee for 109 and a score and TE Kelce for 63 and another. Picks by CB Colton Hanks and Jacob Tudor, and Tudor returned his 32 yards for a score. 2 forced fumbles by DT Quentin Grossman, one o f which was recovered DE Willis. Two sacks by Velazquez, 1 by DT Missouri and Butler, and 1.5 each by Grossman and DE Willis.

WR Wild and LT Cameron are back from injury. Bortles is probable with a strained rotator cuff and C Pearson is out for four weeks with a strained foot ligament. FB Wheatley is doubtful with turf toe.

I sign FA C Stefen Wisniewski to a one year vet min sal deal to come in to our roster. We’ll be starting OG Mark Meadows, not him, until C Pearson is back though.

Week 11 – We head to Houston and crush them 38-17. Bortles is MVP but comes out later due to his injury and was 14 of 18 for 198 and 4:1. Rookie QB Frankie Peters was 8 of 13 for 83 and 0:0 in subbing for him. WR Wild caught 112 yards and 2 scores, Lee and RB Rivers the other TDs. MLB Irving Ward grabbed 2 picks and CB Hopkins had a pick and return 50 yards for a TD> 1 sack by CB Tudor and WLB Branton.

Week 12 – We travel to 3 win Arizona, and defeat them 382-. NFL Defensive Player of the Week, and Game MVP, DE Cesar Velazquez had 4 sacks, 2 blocked passes, 5 hurries, 4 knockdowns, and dang. RB Jose Rivers was back for the first time in a while with 136 yards and 2 scores on the ground, Bortles was 23 of 32 for 263 and 3:1 and hit Kelce and WR Fahey twice. Satre with 3 KRB too.

Backup RB Colton Hanks is out for a few weeks with a strained calf.

Week 13 – We lose in KC 34-31 in OT. Bortles was MVP in the loss, with 26 of 37 for 377 and 3:1. Lee had 163 and 2 and WR Crawford the other score, and backup RB Hutchins rushes for a score too. Pick by Bryan Meadows, we had 3 forced fumbles but no recovers, 2 sacks by DE Velazquez, 1 by SS Gilchrist,

Back from injury is C Pearson.

With the 9-3 record at the 75% way mark, we are now in 3rd place behind 10-2 Ravens and Bills. This week we travel to the 9-3 Seahawks.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We lose 28-34, although Bortles winds up as NFL Offensive Player of the Week (but not Game MVP) with 29 of 41 for 340 and 3:0. Lee was 195 and a score, Wild and Fahey with the others. RB Rivers added a rushing score.

We are now 9-4.

CB Hanks I s back from injury.

However, RB Reggie Brooks is out for a few weeks with a pulled calf muscle.

Week 15 – We get back to our winning ways by just eviscerating the Titans 48-12 in our place. Bortles, MVP< 24 of 29 for 362 and 5:0. Lee with 114 yards and 2 scores, Wild with 120 yards and a score, and Fahey with 65 and 2 more. OLB Upshaw had a pick. DE Dana Webster forced and recover a fumble. 1 sack each by Velazquez, Butler, Webster, and Grossman. 3 KRB by Starks.

Both of the 2 loss teams lost in the last two weeks once each, so we are still one game back a t10-4 to their 11-3.

Week 16 –We host the 8 win 49ers and send them home losers 35-3. This is my 100th win with the Jaguars! Bortles, MVP, rocked 21 of 32 for 222 and 4:0 and hit Lee twice and Fahey and WR Janis for scores. Jose Rivers added a rushing score. Pick by CB Tudor. 3 sacks by DE Willis, 1 by Velazquez. 4 KRB and 4 pancackes for Satre, and 3 and 1 for Starks. DE Velazquez also had a forced fumble that he recovered.

We have a major bit of injury news. SLB Leon Russell had ACL damage to the knee and he’s out for the reason and won;t be back until a long time has past. I place him on IR. I activate backup SLB Bobby Turner.

Now, I sign, RCB Giovanni McNeil, the 5th year vet with repetitive concussion syndrome on the market, that’s 67/67 rated. He comes back from his injury in 3 weeks. He joins us for 2.25 mill this year only. And I deactivate him initially.

It’s a gamble, but I still have plenty of cap space for stuff.

FS Camden Becker is questionable for a month with a thumb injury. He stays in for now.

Both teams lost, and we are now in a neck and neck race for the #1 or #2 byes. And I want to get it. Badly.

We host Houston If they beat us, then they might make it as a wild card at 9-7, there are 2 nine win clubs and 2 eight win clubs.

Week 17 – We win 42-28. FB Wheatley is back from turf toe.

Bortles rocks 33 of 43 for 435 and 3:0 and hits Lee for 150 and a score and Wild for 115 and a score and TE Kecle for 70 and a score an WR Fahey for 76 yards but no score. RB Rivers added two scores on the ground and Wild rushes for a reverse and makes it into a score too. CB Meadows with a pick. DE Velazquez with 1.5 sacks and Grossman the same. Sack by SS Gilchrist.

Everybody lost again and we sort of stood still.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2021 NFL Playoffs

AFC Standings:

#1, 12-4 Jaguars
#2, 11-5 Bills
#3, 11-5 Ravens
#4, 10-6 Chiefs
#5, 10-6 Pats
#6, 10-6 Steelers

There’s the roster.

Wild Card Week!

Atlanta wins in Washington 20-16.
St/ Louis wins in Detroit 30-17

Chiefs hold 31-24 over Pats
Ravens hold 27-20 over Steelers

So in the NFC, both wild cards won, and in the AFC, they both lost.

Any major non-injury news?

RB Brooks is back from injury.

Before hand, do I want to resign anyone? DE Butler rocked a solid 8.5 sack season. He came back. He’s just 47/47 but he always has done me proud. He has 40 sacks in 6 seasons. That’s not bad production. But I have Willis, Webster, and Velazquez on my roster, so I feel that we have enough depth. And again, got to save that cap space.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 – The Divisional Playoffs

Kansas City at Jacksonville
Baltimore at Buffalo

Atlanta at Carolina
St. Louis at Seattle

Seattle and us are the #1 seeds this year. Ironic.

We lose. 27-24. Bortles was picked three times and was 24 of 32 for 258 and 2:3. Rivers was 19 for 121 yards, so he was fine. Lee and Wild caught scores. Satre was 5 KRB and 2 pancakes. But two of those picks were returned for scores. That’s just too big of a hole to dig yourself out of at NFL playoff season.

Buffalo 38, Baltimore 24

Seattle 38, St Louis 10
Atlanta 22 and Carolina 19

Nad news, CB McNeil busted to 40/40 after the injury finished. Ah well. I was hoping Mr. Concussion would be in the 50s and I had my apparent Meadows replacement, but that was not to be.

Championships:

Atlanta at Seattle
KC At Buffalo

Buffalo defeats KC 28-27
Seattle wins 19-3

The 2021 NFL Super Bowl

The NFC Champion #1 Seed 12-4 Seattle Seahawks

Vs

The AFC Champion #2 Seed 11-5 Buffalo Bills

Seattle 38, Buffalo 6

Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #213
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards!

Player of the year – QB Blake Bortles
Offensive Player of the Year – QB Blake Bortles

All League 1st Team:

QB Blake Bortles
WR Marqise Lee

All League 2nd Team:

WR Joshua Wild
DE Cesar Velazquez

Welcome Wild!

Here are the best players non-kickers, in the league, at the end of the league in 2021

You can see Satre at the top, and then Wild at 83/83. He’s the only WR on the list.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:32 AM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

QB Bortles – 396 of 554, 71.5%, 5225 yards, 55:9, 127.3 QB Rating. 42 sacks, 5 fumbles

Once again, he leads the league in yards, this time by 500 yards over Rich Dillon of the Bucs with 4715, and then the next is Luck with 4477. He has the highest QB % among 16 game starters. 55 TDs annihilates the Steelers QB Dominique Oxford’s 36. 9 INT is the lowest among 16 game starters. Zang! The game is Wild indeed.

Rushing:

RB Jose Rivers, 207 for 962, 4.65 average, 9 rush TD; 27 catches for 209 and 2 scores

Obviously not what I need or hope. It don’t matter how good our passing game can be if we can run.

Receiving:

WR Marqise Lee – 102 catches, 1886 yards, 17 TDs
WR Joshua Wild – 86 grabs for 1331 yards and 10 scores
TE Travis Kelce, 50 for 567 and 5 scores
WR Roman Fahey, 48 for 522 and 11 scores
WR Donnie Crawford, 33 for 316 and 4 scores

That’s just another level for my folks. Lee had 10 100+ games. He led the league in receiving yards by 446, WR Jameson Prior, Bucs was 1420, then Britt Galloway from Detroit at 1367, and Wild was 4th in receiving yards and tied for 5th in receiving TDs.

Special Teams:

K Tyler Bernard, 21 of 21, 72 of 72 PAT, long of 46

Well, he was perfect!

P Leslie Bridgeman, 85 punts, 44.6 average, 33 in 20.

RB Brooks, 1 PR RET TD, 3rd best PR in league among qualifiers with 10 retruns or more
WR Donnie Crawford, 34 KR, 28.8 average, 6th best in league among qualifiers and the best among those that did not have at least one score to skew the stats.

Defense:

DE Cesar Velazquez, 57 solo, 14 assists, 16 sacks (3rd best), 9 blocked passes (led league), 27 hurries (2nd most behind 28), 23 QB knockdown (5th best); 2 FF
DE Glen Willis, 12 and 8 tack, 5.5 sacks, 1 block, 11 hurries, 8 qbkn, 2 FF
DE Kenneth Butler, 34 and 17 tack, 8.5 sacks, 2 block, 7 hurr, 5 qbkd
DE Dana Webster, 15 and 10 tack, 5.5 sacks, 1 and 7 and 1; 3 FumRec;

Every one of my Des had at least 5.5 sacks on the season. That’s a strong rotational DLine!

DT Quentin Grossman – 21 and 15 tackles, 8 sacks, 1 block, 6 hurr, 4 QBKn; 2 FF
DT Brant Missouri -31 abd 10 tack, 5.5 sacks, 8 hurr, 3 QB KD

And solid enough stuff from my DTs. This was Grossman’s best year in production, with 8 sacks.

WLB Shawn Branton, 38 and 13 tacklers, 1 sack, 1 block
MLB Irving Ward, 68 and 31 tackles, 0.5 sacks, blocked passes, 3 hurries, 1 QB kd; 3 picks, 7 pasdef
OLB Upshaw, 4 starts, 29 and 7 tack, 2 picks, 1 INT RET TD, 2 pasdef
OLB Turner, 44 and 14 tack,

Not great years for backers, other than Ward

SS Marcus Gilchrist, 12 starts, 71 and 24 tackles(Led my team), 2.5 sacks, 1 QBKD;6 pasdef; 2 FF,
FS Camden Becker, 45 and 14 tack, 1 sack, 2 hurries, 6 pasdef

CB Bryan Meadows, 4 picks, 8 pasdef
CB Shane Hopkins, 3 picks, 15 pasdef, 2 INT RET TD

Horrible year for picks on my team. Meadows really didn’t earn a super long deal anyway. Although with the lowered play of my safeties, I thought I’d wnt ot lock him up and not worry as much about my Dbacks but hey, nevermind. Only Hopkins, and to a lesser degree Gilchrist, played with any value at all.

Blocking:

OG Marquis Satre -0 30 KRB and 14 pancakes, and 5 sacks allowed. Led league in pancakes by 4.
OT Myron Starks, 30 and 7. 8 sacks allowed
OG Steven Kelley – 17 and 1, 4 sacks allowed
OC Roger Pearson – 13 starts, 13 KRB, 1 pancake, and 6 sacks allowed

That’s not a great season. But we had injuries and rookies starting at three places at times along the line. So that’s understandable.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:47 AM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards!

Offensive Player of the Year: WR Marqise Lee. Dang did this guy just lead the league in TDs, yards, ypc, lots of stuff. Yay Lee!

Defensive Player of the Year: DT Quentin Grossman – In six years, had his best year for the club with 8 sacks, and great pressure all year long. He was a force in the interior all game long.

Special Teams Player of the Year – WR Donnie Crawford. Great returns and gave us great field position game after game. Thanks buddy!

Rookie of the Year – OG Steven Kelley – With 16 starts, had a solid 17 KRB, 1 pancake, and 4 sacks allowed performance. He allowed fewer sacks than OG partner Satre did! Solid job!

Heart Award – SE Roman Fahey – I know he got it last year, but 11 TDs and 522 yards from my 5th WR (4th after the Robinson injury) is just sterling.

So thanks guys!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:56 AM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And now the End of Season stuff!

Team Performance – 90
Value – 90
Profit – 71
Roster – 22

Year End Score – 75

We had no retirements

Others of note:

RB DeMarco Murray
RB Eddie Lacy
FB Will Johnson
TE Joseph Fauria
TE Coby Fleener
TE Luke Wilson
TE Jordan Cameron
WR Dez Bryant
WR Kendall Writing
C Alex Mack
C Beau Brinkley
OG Mike Iupati
OG Louis Vasquez
OT Jake Long
OT Andre Smith
DE Cameron Jordan
DT Geno Atkins
ILB Brian Cushing
ILB Brandoe Spikes
ILB Sea Lee
ILB Patrick Willis
OLB Jabaal Sheard
OLB Jason Worilds
CB Patrick Robinson
CB Kareem Jackson
S Jairius Byrd
S Eric Berry
S Cole Shea

Arian Foster was the only HOF inductee

Cap rose 6.4 mill

We lost 12.5 mill last year. Our revenues dropped and we rose costs massively(34 mill went to stadium payments though, otherwise we would have made money)

Attendance was 99.1%

12th best Stadium
3rd best roster
7th best support
17th best economy

Franchise Value – 947 mill; 13th best in league.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:12 AM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I like my Defensive Coordinator and I up his contract

Staff Draft:

We pick 29th

I make no changes

I massage ticket prices a tad

Current RFas:

RB Seth Jaco
TE Kenyon Page
RT Artie Richardson
RT Shannon Milnes
DT Francisco Henderson

Current FA:

RB Chandler Hutchins
TE Travis Kelce
FL Jeff Janis
C Stefen Wisniewski
DE Kenneth Butler
SLB Leon Russell
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Bryan Meadows
CB Giovanni McNeil
FS Camden Becker
LS Grayson Johnstone

We have 26 mill in cap room and 19 for new players

39 on the roster

Do I want to franchise Kelce? Butler? Meadows? Nope, we’re good

Let’s head to FA time!

Guys that matter with expiring deals:

LG Satre
SE Lee
DE Velazquez
WR Wild
SLB Upshaw
K Bernard
DE Willis
WLB Branton
MLB Irving Ward
DE Webster
P Bridgeman

And minors ones like WR Crawford, DE Dana Webster, etc.

Let’s get this started:

Old 04-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We extend Satre by three years, and he makes 10 mill a year.

We extend Lee by two years and he’s 9.95 this year, 9.5 next, and then 10.19.

Now I have problems. Both Velazquez and Wild want more money than before. Wild wants...well...wild money. 15 mill a year money. I do it. Four year deal, and his contract leaps to 15 mill this year, and climbs from there. I also increase Velazquez by some cash as well.

Allen Robinson dropped to 44/44, but he’s injured for one more week, so I have to keep him until post-season and then I can cut him.

I resign:

TE Kenyon Page
RT Shannon Milnes

Alright, now:

1). Massage my cap by cutting or lowering the costs of aging players
2). Get a real RB
3). Figure out my P and K situation.
4). Make S and LB real offseason priorities
5). Figure out my LCB spot madly.
6). Kelce? Someone Else? TE please

I let go some folks hoping they might also drop their demands, and I could resign Butler or Kelce for lower deals all day long.

Let’s head to FA and look at week 2 targets:

Kelce is the best non-kicker available at 63/63 and wants 8 mill to start things off. Sorry 32 year ol guy!

Jimmy Graham, not as good as Kelce, wants more money and a one-year deal.

JR Delaroche was cut and now wants 1.9 mill for the first season. I wish he’d gone that way last year!

I have on my roster Josiah Logan who grew to a 41/41 guy last year, in case Kelce went elsewhere or was injured. I could hold off on TE at first

RB? Walter Gohl is there and wants 2.5 mill, but his now 47/47 physique scares me. But that’s the best guy out there. Could we go with RB in the draft instead?

I’ll hold off.

S? LB? We have a lot of older LB talent, the top 7 LB on the board are 10+ year vets. I can make offers to others later – they are all in the 40s.

The best S is George Iloka. New England cut Johnathan Paniagua. I make FS Irving Troy, 7th year vet, 49/49 an offer since he’s cheap.

I make an offer to K Marquis Danforth and P Conner Donovan

I like LCB Justin Talton, 47/47, 4th year, and he’s 2.6 this year and very reasonable. But I probably can move CB Colton Hanks over to Meadow’s spot. I don’t think we’ll have any major issues with that swap.

Stage 3 – CB Meadows signs with Minnesota for a ton of cash. RB Gohl signed to the Saints. LT Goldhammer went to the Giants for a ton of cash too.

Stage 4 – Kelce signs with Oakland for big bucks. Iloka to New England for the same.

Stage 5 – No major news

Stage 6 – No major news

Stage 7 – We sign P Donovan and I cut Bridgeman.

Stage 8 – OG Theo signed with the Ravens. LS Johnstone and K Danforth sign and I cut K Tyler Bernard.

I’ve freed up some cash with the signs.

Now let’s push some folks.

Who do I like still on the board?

I make an offer to WLB Ken Okobi, who has a great special teams (94) and is 43/43, and 7th year vet for the Bengals. Wants 1.7 and then 2 and 2.1

Stage 9 – No major news

Stage 10 – Delaroche signs with the Colts; FS Irving Troy sings a 4 year, 9.13 mill deal with us.

Stage 11 – We sign WLB Ken Okabi to 3 years, 6.61 mill, and FS Camden Becker was picked up by the 49ers.

Alright, rookie lookie

We pick 28th. Who falls?

I need S, CB, RB, and LB of various place all jumping into my lap.

Oh, and next year, I have, coming up, DT Quentin Grossman, C Roger Pearson, RT Myron Starks, CB Colton Hanks – those are all in two years from now.

I also need backups in OG, TE, WR, OC, DE too. Lots of depth needs.

Holy hell!

The top S, FS Collin Sham, came back very underrated, with a potential affinity, and he’salready the 7th best player by raw grade and 18th by adjusted on the board. That’s the sort of need-meets-awesome that can move me.

What else? The second best SS Whalen is also very underrated too. There are three certifiable studs at RB, and I scout them all three come back hard ot read, and one’s bars dropped. I scout #4 on the board too. I’d be happy to move up for one of them.

What else? Two ILBs are pretty sexy n the 7.0 raw grade place. They’ll be well gone. There’s no one really at old. I scout one. I also scout the 3rd best ILB. I scout two Cbs and the 3 and 4 safeties who also look solid.

Stage 12 – P Bridgeman signed with Dallas.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:40 AM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2022 NFL Amateur Draft

I have 3 later 3rds – 3.21, 3.28, and 3.30.

I’d like to grab a stud RB. I don’t think it’ll happen, but who knows?

The First seven picks take both of the top RBs off the board. Then #3 goes 8. Dang. There went my starters… Colin Sham goes #9 to the Bucs. So, many of my targets are gone.

Then OT, ILB, and CB. QB, the only good OLB, ILB #2. Then OT, OT, and QB round out the top 20.

So at #21, who’s in the conversation? SS Whalen and that’s about it. Will he fall to 28?

Yes he does. We grab him at 1.28

The 2.28 arrives. There were three strong-ish TE on the board, and two are gone. I grab the last one Bret Kovacs,

We are sitting at 3.4, and none of the top Centers have been taken. There is one with great bars. The first one goes at 3.6. I trade my 3.21 and 3.28 to Tampa for their 5th round next year and 3.7 this. Then I snag C Myron Leggin. He might be the BAP that fell into my lap, we’ll see.

I grab CB Burke at 3.30. Then great bar looking OG Wheeler.

In the 5th….hmmm…WLB CJ Kornblatt? Okay.

6th I grab RB Daman Euhus, and in the 7th I really like fast, potential affinity, strong Big-play getting downfield guy FL Bryan Cooley.

The 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft:

1st – SS Jermaine Whalen, Villanova
2nd – TE Brett Kovacs, Valparaiso
3rd – C Myron Leggin, Colgate; CB Emmitt Burke, Washington
4th – OG Zachery Wheeler, Notre Dame
5th – WLB CJ Kornblatt, Oregon State
6th RB Damon Euhus, Maryland
7th – FL Bryan Cooley, Auburn

We get an A-, and we have no players in the Green Page. Ah well.

The early look?

OC Myron Leggin – 21/69
TE Brett Kovacs – 28/61
SS Jermaine Whalen – 35/58
RG Zachery Wheeler – 18/52
RCB Emmitt Burke – 23/50
WLB CJ Kornblatt – 14/35
FL Byran Cooley – 18/34
RB Damon Euhus -21/32

And many players were taken that had good bars at their place, but not necessarily great combines or anything. Whalen looks okay, but he had strong combines and came in very underrated so I hope he’ll rise.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright let’s head to late FA and see if we get any great RFA bargains that went unsigned or cuts.

I have 52 on my roster, and I still want/need:

RB
DE
DT
CB

We have a conflict at o line, and I cut leader OT Richmond. OT Starks is my new leader, and two issues with him. I need to bring in an issue fixer. Preferably an OT. But I really LT Carlson, a 31/54 4th year guy that was not resigned by the Panthers. He’s already partly there! Sigh, I make an offer to RT Owen Ofodile, a older guy to be my leader.

CB Jacob Tudor has a strong conflict with SS Marcus Gilchrist. Any options to smooth things over? I got an offer to someone to smooth things over as my new secondary leader

UFAs:

RB Graham Anderson
QB Emmanuel Shaw
RB Leroy Lengelder
DT Tevin Raffensperger

Non-UFA

RB Henry Tiessen

Stage 2 – We sign QB Shaw, RB Tiessen,

Stage 3 – We sign RB Anderson, CB Webster, DT Raffensperger

Stage 4 – RB Hutchens signed with the Colts, SLB Leon Russell went to the Saints, CB McNeil signs with the Saints too. Meanwhile we grabbed the RT Ofodile, and RB Lengfelder.

Are we all good? I sign UFA RB Jay Chapman and Arturo Baca for special teams.

Leads head to camp time!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have an odd trade offer post-camp. The Bucs are offereing me their 3rd in 2023 for RB Rivers. He didn’t boom and he wasn’t good last year. And I can hopefully trade for someone better because my shotgun approach to unearthing a decent RB didn’t seem to work.

The Bears. They drafted RB Butch Connell a 54/73 guy at the 1.4 spot when they had 3rd year Braxton Oliver, 70/70 0on their roster. Are they interested in sending me a spare RB? Sure, but not at an easy price. Hell, I offer my 1st rounder and they aren’t even close.

Who else has some depth? The Jets have a spare 53/53 Joel Gray, but they won’t even take a 2nd rounder. Anyone else with a real RB they’d consider moving?

Carolina has a 50/50 and a 59/59 RB.

I am going to wait one week.

Now Robinson is back from his injury, and is 43/43.

Most of the good RBs are either way too much money, or the teams don’t want to take on a huge cap hit for cutting them, or they are fan favorites and therefore not even in the conversation. I can’t even get a 50s guy for my first rounder next year. I can’t even get 53/53 RB Joel Gray from the Jets!

But there has been one player that is in the conversation. But the compensation to snag him has been way too high – RB Braxton Oliver, from the Bears, a 70/70 guy. They want two firsts. I countered with a 1st, 2nd and 4th, but nope. I can’t mortgage two first for him. But not that good.

The Bears offer:

1st, 2nd round picks, and DT Brant Missouri to the Bears for RB Braxton Oliver and DT Harris Poole.

Hmm…. Nah, I can’t mortgage my future that badly.

I cut WR Allen Robinson

Post-cut, I have a ton of cap space.

I cut:

RB Damon Euhus
RB Leroy Lengfelder

I’ll head to pre-season with 5 RB to make things difficult. It’ll likely be between RB Champan and RB Anderson for our special teams work. And Henry Tiessen is the primary backup.

I cut:

FS Tavon Wilson
WR Arture Baca

We may have a real fight at QB

Pre-Season –

Well the battle for RB was won by Jay Chapman after Graham Anderson busts his knee and is out for 15 weeks. I toss him on IR.

I cut QB Shaw,

Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I finish up preaseason 3-1, and at the end of it, we have a few cuts from other teams that intrigue me:

50/50 RB Harry Moronkola
42/42 RCB EJ Gaines

While Gaines would be a leader on my team, that would disrupt chemistry, Moronkola is what the Doctor ordered!

Uh oh! We had a few people fall – WR Lee is now 58/58, and OG Satre is now 88/88. DE Velazquez fell to 58/58,

In rookies:

We had a bust. RG Zachery Wheeler – 18/52 from draft is now 14/25.

But, in other news – C Myron Leggin is 26/67 and solid looking and SS Jermaine Whalen rose to 50/66, and TE Kovacs is still 33/54.

Here’s Jermaine Whalen:

He’s gotten better, and 50/66 is a real solid guy. Even if he finishes up 60/60. That’s a good return on my investment.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Se. we’ll see about TE Kovacs and C Leggin. C Roger Person is 29 years old, 54/54 and costs me 6.7 mill this year and 7.8 next, and to resign him is 8 mill a year. Leggin could be a cheaper, younger, better replacement who just fell into my lap.

Right now I have a ton of cap room - 9.7 mill, and even if I left some open for signings in case of injury, that’s a lot of cash. Is there anyone out that that appeals to me? Next year, again, I have expiring in two years OT Starks, C Pearson, DT Grossman, SS Gilchrist, and my P and K. No major players other than RB. Sure, CB Hanks or TE Logan or FB Wheatley are there. So I want to keep Starks for sure. Starks is 72/72 and a strong OT. He’ll want a serious pay upgrade to stay with me in the range of 10 mill a year. We’ll want on both though, for the re-signing.

I’ll likely resign Grossman, who’s falling off a bit in strength, so should be cheaper, and then use the cost savings for RB and OT.

Are there any folks expiring that I want to lock up, cheaply, right now? I don’t want to rely on my 1 or 2 next year to grab replacements in the draft reliably. OLB Upshaw, who already dropped to 36/36 isn’t someone I want to retain. DE Willis? He’s 29 now. We’d have to pay him in the 2.4 range for two more years.DE Dana Webster wants the same or a two year extension. That I do. I extend Webster. I have 4 of my LBs expiring this year:

OLB Upshaw
SLB Bobby Turner
MLB Irving Ward
WLB Shawn Brantan

It increases his salary to 3.1 mill, but I extend MLB Ward. I can’t lose all of my LB

I want to extend the underperforming Branton, he’s cheap, and 48/48 is solid. I can replace him, or not, as needed. He’s just 27, and I can’t feasibly replace that many LBs next year, and I signed a WLB to push him this year. I think part of his underperformance may be due to the position he plays, WLB is not a feature place for my roster. But if we have the lack of bodies, cash, or options next year, we can retain him. And it frees my cash up. SLB Turner wants too much money to resign.

I’m good letting go CB Jacob Tudor and SE Donnie Crawford and such.

Our Top Ten Contracts/Cap Hits This Year:

1. QB Blake Bortles,19.69 mill
2. DE Cesar Velazquez, 15.34 mill
3. WR Joshua Wild, 15.23
4. LG Marquis Satre, 10.35
5. WR Marqise Lee, 9.95
6. DT Quentin Grossman, 8.9
7. CB Shane Hopkins, 8.4
8. C Roger Pearson, 6.7
9. SLB Courtney Upshaw, 5.4
10. MLB Irving Ward, 4.1

And then the next are 3.9 for DE Willis, 2.5 for DE Webster and such.

When you have a good QB, you have to sacrifice your cap. And next year, I want to add OT Starks to that list.

I have let a lot of quality draftees, or other players, go recently, DE Butler, OG Theophilatos, WR Robinson, OT Goldhammer, CB Meadows, etc. But we have to keep churning that roster. The NFL is about replacement, not sustainment.

We leave with a few injuries. TE Page and SLB Upshaw are out, and multiple probables

Old 04-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Any changes to our starting rotation from last year? Other than rookie TE Kovacs, DE Webster, RB Moronkola, CB Colton Hanks, FS Irving Troy and rookie SS Jermaine Whalen.

Last year’s pick, OG Kelley is getting not as good – currently 42/52. Continuing to drop in quality. The OGs from last year, the top five if you’ll recall, had one bust (OG Lowe, currently 36/47). Others look strong – OG Hastings 71/80, OG Derlange, 43/71, although one, OG Vanderhaak, is 48/59 and dropping. At 42/50, there are now 9 OGs from last year’s draft with a better potential than Kelley. Not what I want to see, especially with OG Mark Meadows and OG Zachery Wheeler busting on me.

Man I am just not doing as well in my drafts as I think, with guys like Goldhammer, Kelley, MLB Robinson that just never panned out in the 1st round.

I cut Courtney Upshaw after he fell to 33/33. I sign LDE Christopher Rhodes.

We have:

10th best QB
12th worst RB
13th best FB
11th worst TE
THE best WR
10th best C
3rd best OG
8th best OT
12th worst P
20th best K
14th best DE
13th best DT
6th worst MLB
15th best OLB
4th best CB
16th best S

We are the 3rd youngest team in the league

Let’s get this season started!

I make a few changes. I move my coaches to setting game plans and depth charts, and then just power sim the season to see how things go on a quick sim. I just want to see what happens when I’m not in charge of the day to day decisions. It won’t count, I want to slow roll it. We finish #1 13-3. I think that was overly fair, I see this more as a 11-5 team. But ;let’s see!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #225
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We host the Titans again. It’s not a blow out, but we win 21-13. Bortles opens unevenly with 26 of 36 for 3:2, and Lee had 72 yards and 2 scores, Wild 153 yards, and FB Wheatly a score. Sack by Velazquez,

Week 2 – We head to Phily and thump them 40-16. Our Punter never punted! Bortles, MVP, rocked 18 of 25 for 303, 2:0 and rushed for a score. RB Moronkola was 20 for 84 and a score. WR Wild was 192 yard and a TD and TE Josiah Logan caught a score too. Pick by FS Irving Troy. OT Starks was 6 KRB and 2 pancakes, and Satre 5 and 2.

We have some folks back from injuries. Lots of probables and such though.,

Week 3 – We host the 2-0 Bills. We beat them 31-27, respectable for them. RB Moronkola was with a score, and Borles was a pedestrian 26 of 44 for 28-0 and 3:2, and hit Lee for 84 and a score and WR Donnie Crawford for two scores. Pick by CB Hopkins. 2 sacks by DE Velazquez, and 1 by CB Hanks. 3 KRB by Starks.

Week 4 - We host the 3-0 Raiders and send them back with their first loss of the season at 37-10. Bortles, MVP, 29 of 35, 329, 3:0 – Lee with 118 and 1, RB Harry M with a catching score TE Kovacs his first. Bortles rushes for a score too. SS Marcus Gilchrist had a pick, DE Glen Willis 2 sacks, and DT Raffensperger 2 sacks as well.

Just us and the Broncos are 4-0 in the league, every other team has at least one loss. We have a bye in week 5.

Week 5 –BYE

Old 04-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – We host the 3-2 Colts. The Texans are 4-1, and I don’t want another 4 win team this early competing with us. We crush them 38-16. Bortles, MVP, with 18 of 24 for 284 and 2:0 and hit Wild for 121 and Lee for 73 and a score and WR Cooley for a score too. RB Moronkola rushes 16 for 89 and 3 scores. Sacks by SS Whalen, DT Missouri, DT Raffensperger, DT Fisk and DE Velazquez. 6 KRB for Stars, 4 KRB and 3 pancakes for Satre and 4 KRB for OG Kelley.

We do have our first major injury of the season post-preseason. DE Dana Webster is out with a broken fibula for 9 weeks. That’s until Week 15. Or 16 or so. I consider IR. I decide to just deactivate him though. DE Glen Willis will start for us in his place. I activate signee DE Christopher Rhodes as well to cover.

Week 7 – We head to the 4-1 Titans, a team that played hard in our place. And we lose, 42-36. Nicely done Titans. Bortles was 37 of 49 for 427 and 5:4, and hit Wild for 150 and a score, RB Moronkola for a score and 74 yards, WR Lee and FB Wheatley and TE Logan as well. DT Grossman with a sack.

After the game, WR Donnie Crawford came out with a pulled muscle in his calf and is out for 2 weeks.

Week 8 – We continue the Kansas City woes as they lose to us 24-31. Bortles, MVP, 25 of 30, 353, 2:1. Lee has 136 and 1 score and TE Logan the other one. Moronkola rushes for a score. 2 picks by CB Hopkins. 2 point conversion pass to FB Whealtey. 1.5 sacks by DE Willis and 1 by DE Rhodes.

No major additional injuries.

Week 9 – We host the Broncos! And we beat them, 30-15. Bortles, MVP, 27 of 39 for 363 and 3:1. Lee is 76 yards and a score and WR Cooley with 117 and 2. We have picks by FS Irving Troy and CB Shane Hopkins 2 sacks by Velazquez, 1 by CB Hopkins. And DT Fisk. 3 KRB for Starks and Satre.

WR Crawford is back from his injury.

We finish the first half 7-1 and without any major injuries that stagger us. Let’s keep it up!

Old 04-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #227
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – The Chargers stun us 27-24 in our place to drop us to 7-2. Bortles was 27 of 52 for 355 and 3:1 and Wild had 151 yards and 2 scores and RB Tiessen grabbed the other. 3 KRB and apancacke by Satre.

WR Donnie Crawford is out again with a torn knee cartilage for 3 weeks.

Week 11 – We head to 6-3 Houston. NFL Offensive Player of the Week QB Blake Bortles wins, 37-24 with 30 of 36 for 352 and 2:0. He hits Lee for 178 and 1 score and TE Kenyon Page (off the bench for WR Crawford and still 3r don the depth chart) for another score. RB Moronkola rushes for 2 more. 2 poicks by CB Hanks. 1 sack by DE Rhodes and WLB Branton. 5 KRB and a pancake by OT Starks, 4 KRB and a pancake by Satre, and 3 and a pancake by C Pearson.

We have a major-ish injury. Backup (now after my draft) SS Marcus Gilchrist out for 13 weeks with a high ankle injury. I toss him on IR. I sign FS Johnnie Cassity, 29/29 and high affinity guy to be a body for him.

WR Fahey is questionable with a strained hammy. QB Bortles probable.

Week 12 – The 7-3 Cowboys arrive in North Florida and are sent back 30-10. Bortles, MVP was a solid 38 for 35 and 329 yrds with a 2:0 ratio and he hit Wild for both scores and 111 yards . CB Shane Hopkins picks and gets a 72 yard scamper for a score and CB hanks nails a pick as well. Sacks by FS Myles Clinton, MLB Irving Wad, DE Glen Willis. 4 KRB by OC Pearson, and 3 each by Satre and Starks.

Week 13 – We head to 10-1 Baltimore. We barely edge them 27-24. I’ll take that! Marqise Lee is MVP with 223 yards and 1 score. WR Wild had 54 and another plus a 2 point conversion. Bortles was 26 of 41 for 383 and 2:2. 1.5 sacks by DE RRhodes and another by DE Velazquez.

Lots of players coming back from injury, such as Crawford and Fahey.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – Man, 5 win Washington pushes us hard, and we barely win 34-33. MVP is Bortles with 33 of 45 for 418 and 3:3. Wild had 110 yards, WR Lee a score and TE Kovacs the other two scores. Even FB Wheatley had 98 yards. RB Moronkola rushes for a score. Sacks by SLB Turner, DE Velazquez, Willis. 4 KRb and 2 pancakes by Sarte.

That was closer than I’d like!

Week 15 – Bortles is Offensive Player of the Week as he bombs Houston 41-23 with 23 of 29 foir 244 and 4:0. Wild was 10 for 134 and 1 score. RB Moronkola caught two and rushed for another, and FB Wheatley a 4th. 2 picks by CB Colton Hanks and 1 my FS Myles Clinton. 1 sack on the day was by DE Willis. 3 KRB and 1 pancake by OT Starks.

DE Webster is back from injury

Week 16 – We host the hapless 3 win Giants. We win 37-17. Bortles is MVP and has 23 of 28 for 302 and 3:0. He nails Lee for 107 and 2 scores and WR Wild for 107 yards and WR Cooley for a TD. RB Moronkola adds a ground pound score. S Whalen has a pick. Sacks by DT Fisk, MLB Wrad and DT Raffensperger. 6 KRb and 3 pancakes for OT Starks, 5 and 2 for Satre.

DT Grossman is questionable. We have the #1 seed guaranteed. No sense playing him, right?

Week 17 – We host the 10-5 Colts. They are guaranteed the Wild Card spot at #5, so even if they win, nothing happens, so we are both playing for nothing really. Just pride.

We barely beat them 32-24. Bortles is Offensive Player of the Week with 31 of 39 for 345 and 3:0. He nails Lee for 163 and 2, andRB Moronkola for a score, who also rushes for one too. Sacks by SS Whalen, DT Grossman, DE Velazquez (Whoops, I forgot to bench Grossman. Ah well).

Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #229
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2022 NFL Playoffs!

The AFC South –

Jags 14-2
Colts 10-6
Titans 10-6
Texans 8 -8

Again, a difficult divison. We had a rough record, going through Baltimore, Dallas, Buffalo, lots of major talent.

The AFC Playoffs:

#1 Seed 14-2 Jaguars
#2 Seed 12-4 Baltimore Ravens
#3 Seed 9-7 Chargers
#4 Seed 8-8 Jets
#5 Seed 10-6 Titans
#6 Seed 10-6 Colts

Wild Card Weekend

Colts at Chargers, Titans at Jets!
49ers at Vikings, Saints at Bucs

Colts win 26-20
Titans win 27-15

Bucs over the Saints 26-20
49res over the Vikings 38-24

Week 2 – Divisional Week

We host the Colts
The Titans travel to Baltimore

We have 3 of 4 in the final four of the league.

In te hNFC you have Seattle hosting the 49ers and Dallas the Bucs

We win 38-24 over the Colts:

Borltes is MVp and hit 24 of 29 for 350 and 4:0. He breezed balls to Wild, Lee, Cooley and Kovacs for scores. Wild had 146 yards too. RB Moronkola added a score on the ground. Pick by WLB Branton and 2 sacks by SLB Turner.

We have some injuries of note:

DE Velazquez probable
SLB Turner probable
DT Grossman still injured
FB Wheatley probable
DT Missouri probable

Meanwhile We had a miracle in Baltimore and the Titans edged them 21-18.

In the NFC, Seattle won 22-6 over the 49ers and the Cowboys won 33-28 over the Bucs

Old 04-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

THE NFL Championships!

We are favored by 6. Tennessee has beaten Baltimore in their place and we lost to them earlier this season 36-42 after beating them 21-13 earlier. They have proven that they can beat us and beat the best. Meanwhile the Seahawks are favored by 2.

Here we go:

We win 44-16. This time, it ain’t close.

Bortles is MVP with 24 of 30 for 346 and 2:1. He hit Wild and Lee for scores. RB Moronkola rushes for two. CB Tudor with a pick and RB Jay Chapman had a kick returned for a score. 4 KRb and 2 pancakes by OG Satre.

Meanwhile Seattle womn 35-10 over the really good Cowboys.

That sets up a HUGE Super Bowl….

Old 04-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2022 NFL Super Bowl

The #1 Seed AFC Champion 14-2 Jacksonville Jaguars

Vs

The #1 Seed NFC Champion 12-4 Seattle Seahawks

Seattle is clearly our nemesis

In 2016, the Seahawks defeated the Jaguars in the Super Bowl

In 2019, the Jaguars defeated the Green Bay Packers to win
In 2020, the Jaguars defeated the Seattle Seahawks to repeat as Bowl winners
In 2021 the Seattle Seahawks defeated the Buffalo Bills to win their next Bowl

Each of the last three winners is the Seahawks, Jaguars, Jaguars, and then they beat us in 2016.

That’s some history there.

Okay, I massage my roster. I have RT Owen Ofodile out with a concussion and DE Willis is out with a torn ankle ligament for 13 weeks.

Both head to IR.

I sign RT Travis Palmer and RDT Jackie Thompson

I activate Rhodes and keep Palmer out there benching Thompson.

We are favored by 6. They have only one major injury all season long, DE Ken Johnstone, 50/50 guy, and no probables, or questionable or anybody on IR nothing. Smooth injury sailing. DORKS!

After some early exchanges, a 5 yard pass from Bortles to RB Moronkola is a score with 8:40 in the 1st quarter

Seattle drives and scores, with ex-Jaguar Justin Blackmon catching a 14 yard pass and scoring with 4:38.

The Seahawks pick off Blake and then Parker Johnson scores on a 5 yard pass with 00:45 left in the 1st and it’s 14-7

But no worries Jaguar fans. On the 2nd play of the next drive Bortles nails Wild for a 69 yard play and scores with 00:07 in the quarter, and it’s 14-14 after one!

The Seahawks have a long, clock grinding drive and score with a 2 yard pass to Sebastian Ratcliff with 8:22 in the 2nd half and its 21-14 Seahawks.

The Jags are stopped and then the Seahawks stopped. The Jags get it back, and kick a FG inside the 2 minute mark at 1:52 and its 21-17 at the half

A few slow drives open, and then Bortles hits Joshua Wild for a 2 yards with 9:05 to go in the 3rd. 24-21 Jags.

Settle answers after a long drive and Parker Johnson rushes for 3 yards and scores with 3:07 left. 28-24.

Then Bortles tosses a 2nd pick, and the Seahawks score as the 4th open with a run by their QB for 18 yards. 34-24.

A few exchanges of control ensue, and a drive by the Jaguars is capped off by A FB 5 run by Robbie Wheatley with 3:44 left. But a pass for the 2 point conversation fails 34-30.

Seattle scores quickly with a 1 yard plunge by their backup RB at the 1:41 mark. And that’s the last score of the day. The Jags lost 42-30

But not a bad game

Bortles – 26 of 52 for 387 and 3:2.
Wild – 5 for 168 and 2
RB Harry Moronkola 7 grabs for 65 and a score
RB Whealtey with a RB rush.

We had 0 picks and 0 forced fumbles. They had 3 forced fumbles, one of which was lost, and then two picks. They were ballhawks.

Only sac kof ours was DE Velazquez. They had 6 sacks.

Silly Seattle!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

Player of the Year:

QB Blake Bortles

Offensive Player of the Year:

QB Blake Bortles

All-League First Team:

QB Blake Bortles
WR Joshua Wild
OG Marquis Satre
OT Myron Starks
K Marquis Danforth

Not bad folks

Old 04-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

QB Blake Bortles – 427 of 585, 73%, 5339 yards, 45:16, 115.2 rating, 36 sacks, 3 fumbles

Led the league in passing yards, (QB Russell Wilson had 4970 and Luck 4967, both in the AFC South). TDs (Dalton had 36 and Luck and Wilson and Rich Dillon of the Bucs 35.) % completion, and just obliterated folks in Rating. Dang Bortles! You don’t suck.

Rushing?

RB Harry Moronkola, 244 for 912, 3.74 ypc, 12 rush TD. 71 catches for 448 yards and 5 receiving scores.

Now, that’s the highest rush TD, to be fair. But ugh! And he was a better outlet for Bortles than normal. For us. But still. This experiment is over.

WR Joshua Wild – 107 for 1565, 8 TD
WR Marqise Lee – 90 for 1422, 15 TD
WR Bryan Cooley – 44 for 668 and 4
TE Brett Kovacs – 31 for 309 and 3
FB Wheatley – 22 for 226 and 3
WR Roman Fahey? 18 for 237 and 0
WR Donnie Crawford, 11 games, 13 for 125 and 2
TE Josiah Logan, 13 for 139 and 3

Other TD catches by TE Page and RB Tiessen. Wild was 2nd in the league in receiving yard behind a guy, Shane Terry, with 2015 for the Miami Dolphins. Lee was 7th in yards. Lee led the league in TDs though. But what happened to my Roman Fahey? Man, you went from hot to cold!

Special Teams:

K Marquis Danforth – 35 of 39, long of 58 yards, 55 of 56 PAT.
P Conner Donovan, 64 punts, 43.1 yards, 17 in 20

RB Jay Chapman – 31 PR, 7.8 average, 24 KR, 20.6 average. Neither very good at all.
WLB Ken Okobi grabbed 30 special teams tackles – 2nd highest in the NFL behind TE Wagaman with 32.

Defense:

DE Cesar Velazquez – 31 tackles, 12 assists, 9.5 sacks,4 blocks, 15 hurries, 19 QB Knockdown; 2 FF
DE Glen Willis, 14 and 8 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 2 blocked passes, 14 hurries, 10 QBKN
DT Quentin Grossman, 25 and 8 tack, 3 sacks, 3 hurries, 4 QBKD
DT Brant Missouri, 29 and 6, 1.5 sacks, 1 block, 6 hurries, 5 QBKD
DT Tevin Raffensperger, 4.5 sacks, 1 hurry
DT Javier Fisk, 4 sacks, 7 hurries, 3 QBKD; 2FF

Not great seasons by Grossman or Velazquez. Uh oh.

MLB Irving Ward, 75 solo and 18 assit; 2.5 sacks, 1 hurry, 1 QBKD, 6 pasdef, 2 FF, 2 FUMREc
SLB Bobby Turner, 61 and 22 tackles; 1 sack, 2 hurry, 2 QBKD, 2 pasdef, 2 FF,
WLB Shawn Branton, 44 and 10 tack; 1 sack, 1 hurry; 2 FF

Ward dropped to 43/43 this season. Not a single pick by a linebacker. Branton, a 16 game starter, didn’t even register a pass defended.

SS Jermaine Whalen, 92 solo and 36 assist, 2 sacks, 1 pick, 11 pasdef
FS Irving Troy, 2 picks 1 pass def; 2 FF
CB Shane Hopkins, 5 picks, 12 pasdef, 1 INT RET TD
CB Colton Hanks , 5 picks, 13 pasdef
CB Jacob Tudor, 13 pasdef; 2 FF

Well, Whalen led the team in tackles, had a pair of sacks from the SS spot, a pick and 11 pasdef. That’s a solid rookie campaign. FS Troy was weaker but didn’t always start. CB Hopkins and Hanks ehad a oslid 5 picks and double digit pasdef, so no major complaints there.

Blocking:

OG Marquis Satre – 42 KRB, 17 pancakes; 2 sacks allowed
OT Myron Starks – 40 KRB and 7 pancakes and 8 sacks allowed
C Roger Pearson – 20 and 3 and 5 sacks allowed
OG Steven Kelley – 18 and 6 sacks allowed

Well, good years by Satre and Starks for sure. Thanks guys!

Kelley? Hmmm…currently you are ranked as 53/53. We’ll see…

Old 04-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: OT Myron Starks – Put it to another level, had a great solid ALL Pro performance. Had the 5th most KRB in the league and 2nd among OTs. Welcome to the bigs!

Defensive Player of the Year: SS Jermaine Whalen – This isn’t a year when any of my defensive players really stuck out. My D Line disappointed, my secondary was okay at best and my LBs were woeful in places . SS Whalen actually had the best season for us. Thanks!

Special Teams Player of the Year: K Marquis Danforth. WLB Okobi was close. But at the end of the day, this was Danforth’s award, and the All Pro victory ,his first, is worth the award. We signed him to trim cost, and he had a strong season too!

Rookie of the Year: TE Brett Kovacs - I don’t like giving out awards twice. So this is 2nd place award and Kovacs wasn’t that bad out there. I’ve had similar seasons from 40/40 or 50//50 vets I signed, and this is a green rookie with some soli upside.

Heart Award: DT Tevin Raffersperger – The undrafted free agent brought a strong sack-game when rotating in, and was 3rd on the team in sacks. He had more sacks that highly touted Grossman or Missouri at the DT spot, so thanks!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s end this thing

Team Performance – 90
Value – 91
Profit – 78
Roster – 22

Year End Score - 79

Hall of Fame – Jamaal Charles and Darrelle Revis

Retirements:

None of ours

Of note?

RB Jeremy Hill
FB Charles Clay
TE Julius Thomas
TE Jimmy Graham
WR Julio Jones
WR Mike Williams
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Victor Cruz
WR Randall Cobb
WR Ace Sanders – One of ours baby
WR Antonio Brown
WR Allen Robinson – Another of ours
C Max Unger
LT Trent Williams
RT Joe Staley
DE Phil Taylor
DE JJ Watt
DE Greg Hardy
DE Jason Pierre-Paul
DE Robert Quinn
DT Ndamukong Suh
MLB NaVorro Bowman
OLB Vontaze Burflict
OLB Von Miller
CB Patrick Petersson
CB Richard Sherman
CB Prince Amukamara
FS Kurt Coleman

That’s a ton of wideouts and dlinemen of note.

Cap rises 6.4 mill.

We made 25 mill last year, even with stadium payments

We were one of three clubs (Dallas, Cincinnati) with 100% attendance

We’re worth 954 mill

12th worst stadium
23rd best roster
5th best support
16th best economy

That’s a big roster fall!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I raise the salary of our strength coordinator

Staff Draft:

We draft 27th.

Hmmm…there is another 64 suitability guy on the board when it’s time for us to choose, so I take a look at him. He’s a lot better at player development, young talent, is younger, slightly better at discipline, and better at scouting and interviewing. Much better at play calling However, our guy is better at intelligence, by a lot, and motivation.

I make the switch.

We hire:

43 year old Dennis Kennedy, the former OC of Carolina, with a focus in QBs.

We make no other changes. We cut our salary by 50%, go 22 years younger, and still have a strong guy. That’s worth it.

I bump ticket prices again.

Roster?

My RFAs out of a contract:

RB Henry Tiessen
RB Jay Chapman
TE Kenyon Page
DT Tevin Raffensperger
DT Jackie Thompson

UFA

RB Harry Moronkola
WR Donnie Crawford
RT Travis Palmer
DE Glen Willis
DE Christopher Rhodes
DE Dana Webster
DT Javier Fisk
SLB Bobby Turner
WLB Shawn Branton
LCB Jacob Tudor
FS Johnnie Cassity
FS Myles Clinton
LS Grayson Johnstone

We have 38 under contract

I don’t need to franchise those folks.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #237
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FA Time!

I sign OT Myron Starks to a new deal. He now makes 8.7 mill this, and it rises by around 1 mill each year for four years total.

After that we are down to 21 mill in cap space, 11 in non-draft space

Major players in the final year of their deal:

C Roger Pearson
P Donovan
K Danforth
DT Quentin Grossman
LCB Colton Hanks

Quentin Grossman is 28, but in his 8th year, and last year, he had a non-good season. We grabbed him at 1.28 and he’s been with us ever since. Is he worth 4 more years with his stats and body? I think so. It’s not hard to find DT, but he’s fair. He’ll be 6.1, 5.9, 6.3 and 6.9. That frees up cap this year.

I like FB Wheatley, but he;s not a major star for our club. I’ma hold off on my C Pearson decision until post-Camp when I see his competition.

Ditto my K and P.

Hanks wants too much money. 7 and 8 mill each year? For a 49/49 guy? Nah!

Let’s hit up FA

Meet my #1 target 0 57/57 RB Jermaine Woods, 5th year vet. He wants little cash. I throw some serious signing bonus at him, because he wants to sign in stage 2. I ain’t playing games with him.

I sign RFA RB Henry Tiessen and cut RB Brooks.

I make an offer to DE Ron Ketteridge, the 2nd best one out there, 47/47 8th year vet.

I make an offer to FS Miles Clinton to bring him back to my roster for two years.

What about LB? I offer to WLB Landon Bush, a 47/47 guy from Baltimore 5th year, and SLB Amari Snipes from Houston. I do like 60/60 TE Corwin Chubb, from Houston, but he wants a deal starting at 8 mill and rising.

Alright, let’s begin:

Week 2 – We sign RB Jermaine Woods and DE Ketteridge. RB Moronkola signed with the Saints, and there were other major RB singings as well.

Week 3, 4, 5 – No major news

Week 6 – WLB Shawn Branton signs with the 49ers, while WLB Landon Bush with us.

Week 10 – SLB Snipes signs. We also bring in LS Johnstone. FS Clinton Mylses is back with us the next week. Donnie Crawford signs with Atlanta.

Anyone else I want to pursue? Nah.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2023 NFL Amateur Draft

Draft check.

We pick 31st and we have the 3.27, 5.27 and picks in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th from another team. We have a ton of picks. Maybe we can package to move up and target great players on our radar? Who knows.

We can sort of BAP this thing. My needs are:

Backup WR
Backup RBx2
Backup TE maybe
Backup DEx2
Backup DTx2
Backup CB

And I could use a starter at CB, any LB spot, DE, that’s about it unless we have a great boss player out there to snag.

Whoa! There is a DE on the board 66th down, Gregory Burton, who has no combine scor.es I checked him out and he came back pretty solid guy., That’s might be my guy.

Every player I scout is on defense. And a stud punter on the board too. This is not a good year to have a lot of picks, because it seems like a poor class with a noted lack of depth.

On a team with 57 players on roster post-draft, I won’t need many of these folks. Who can I target instead? No sense taking what falls, I can package picks to move up and grab my top targets that fall.

The Browns start things off by taking one of the studly QBs from the draft. Then DE, QB, CB (best player in the draft likely), Seattle moves up and takes a CB, DT, QB, DE, and OLB and RB finish the top ten.

So a few players we expected to go went.

The Bills go DT at 11, Then CB, DT, WR, TE, ILB, OG, RB, OG and finally OG finish the top 20.

Still on the board of note?

DE Burton, and I also like OLB Ezra Wilkerson as well.

Let’s begin to slow roll this. Jets take a OT at 21. ILB ot Vikings. DT to San Diego. DE to Saints. Uh oh. Getting close to my guy. DT to 49ers. OT to Colts. Ot to Bucs. WR to Ravens. Now we have a problem. The next two teams have DE as need. Will DE Burton make it to 1.31? Probably not. I can swap the 1.31 for the 1.29 and then make sure I get Burton. He can back underrated after interviewing. He is just bars and interview, no combine scores. He’s a risk. I could just relax and if Burton is taken (likely) grab my OLB instead. I need good LBs, but I also need a good, quality DE to push Velazquez, start across from him, and maybe replace him soon.

So, one simple question – is it worth trading up? What does it cost to move from 1.31 to 1.29?

I trade the Titans my 1st 31 and 4th 31 to move up, and I draft DE Burton.

He looks awesome. Will he play that way? I guess we’ll see!

Alright, slow again. Let’s finish the round. Dallas takes DE at 1.30, they grab the next DE on the board. Huh. The Titans grab ILB. And Seattle finishes with S.

First round done.

Yay!

I still have a certain OLB out there that I like. The more he may fall, the happier I’ll be to trade up and snag him.

Alright 2nd –

DT
ILB
Seattle trades up and takes another S

What would it cost to trade up right now and take my other top target from the 1st who is on the board? I offer my 2nd and both 3rds. But they aren’t interested. The Jets #1 need in the offseason is OLB> There is no chance that he falls past here. None. I added a 5th to my offer swap, and take OLB Ezra Wilkerson.

I move to the 4th round. I’ve traded up a few times, and snagged my two targets. No sense moving anymore. Now I can draft for depth and such We are at the 4.9. I grab DT Dana Korber. At 5.13 it’s a random RB and then DE Brown. I draft some depth and we are done.

The 2023 Jaguars Draft:

1st – DE Gregory Burton, Army
2nd – OLB Ezra Wilkerson, Maryland
4th – DT Dana Korber, New Haven
5th – RB Omar Barber, Virginia State; DT Randy Frederick, Oklahoma State
6th – DE Nathaniel Brown, Morris Brown; CB Irving Kang, Oklahoma State
7th – WR Cedric Banks, Ohio; OG Elias Harris, Colorado State

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, A- review for our club. Early?

DE Gregory Burton – 38/73
OLB Ezra Wilkerson – 23/62

And that’s there. No one cares about anyone else. Those are my players. DE Burton is 5th on the Green Page. But we have to wait and see post-camp and such.

I have 53 players on my roster heading into FA Take 2

I need:

TE
RB

That’s really it. I could use players of talent in some places too. We have 6.9 mill in cap space.

Any good UFAs? A few.

Because of the RB Fiasco we had I make an offer to a 44/44 guy that is available.

Stage 1 - We sign RB James, and TE Ballard – both UFA. Detroit is leading on the 44/4 guy so I up my offer.

Stage 2- We sign our RB target RB Brayden George. Meanwhile, we lose TE Kenyon Page to the 49res. We brought in a few RUFAs too. I’ll you in case any make the roster later. I also bump up some offers to skip past good stuff.

Stage 3 – QB Shaw from last year signs with the Steelers for a year. Our former SLB Bobby Turner heads to the Eagles. DE Webster, injured much of last year us going to Baltimore. We have brought in all of our UFA targets. CB Jacob Tuder heads to the Steelers We have 61 players on our roster and I head to camp.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #240
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CAMP TTIME

We sell 62900 season tickets.

Alright rookies and UFAs – who jumps out at me? DE Burton and OLB Wilkerson don’t look like they suck. No major changes in my players yet. We’ll see post- pre-season when a lot of changes are often made.

I extend QB Hardy Schaefer by a year. We’ll pay him 1 mill this and next year. He’s a 31/48 guy who we drafted in the 4th a few years ago, initially looked like a bust and then slowly has gotten better, and he has a 98 kick holding, so we use him on special teams as well. He fits us. No sense changing him up.

I cut WLB CJ Kornblatt. CB Irving Kang.

Pre-Season

We even lost to Seattle in the preseason 21-20. So ummm, HAH? (Stupid Seattle)

We defeat the Vikings by 1, have a few minor-ish injuries, and then lose to the Rams 10-7 before crushing the packers 48-21.

We managed the injuries well, and only TE Josiah Logan bears watching.

Time to massage this roster thing.

Both rookie RBs busted, so I cut the UFA one – RB James.

I cut rookie OG Elias Harris (who, to be fair, was the 7.31 pick, a virtual UFA) after his strong potential busted in camp. I have 5 rookies on the D Line, so I trim UFA Holstine.

MLB Ward had faded again to 37/37. I have to trim a MLB and I don’t want to. I like my 8. Amari Snipes, SLB is 43 and my 2nd best LB after MLB Ward and signee WLB Landon Bush dropped into the high 30s. I could use a good, solid, 50s WLB or MLB. Anyone trading?

We trade: 2nd rounder for the Giants for their MLB Lane Morris, 51/51 7th year, and they toss in a 7th rounder too. I move him from WILB to MLB. Now, MLB Morris is a cap hit off 6.1 mill this year, and then 7.2 next. I cut MLB Irving Ward so that I have money to do things with.

Now I still have one too many LB on my roster. I have 8, and I need to cut one – options MLB Mueller, MLB (UFA) Miceli, WLB Ken Okobi, WLB (UFA) Logan Sims. None are major players. Okobi and Miceli have great special teams and could be a pair of twin gunners. Since Okobi was so strong in that role last year, I’m not leaning in his direction.

I move SLB Amari Snipes to WLB. Instead I cut RT Shannon Milnes and carry a lot more LB than normal.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rookies!

DE Gregory Burton

Our Army-teer is a solid 46/71, and still 5th on the Green Page. This is only a gentle edging down from the 73 potential he sparked post-draft looks. Whew! Now, if he can sack some folks I’ll be pretty happy. I don’t want Burton to be the next in my long list of high profile draftees that never really gelled. He interviewed with strong bars and underrated.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, because of how my draft was really about two people, let me show you the other:

Here’s Ezra Wilkerson, SLB. 31/63 is perfectly solid. That’s where he was expected to be. Wilkerson is a intelligent and flashy guy. As scouted when interviewed. I traded up to grab him, and hopefully, he can be our first LB drafted to be something because I have relied exclusively on free agents to fill our LB needs. This is our first chance to do it right.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, I am making an executive decision that may alienate some fans, let me post to you why:

This is C Myron Leggin, whom we grabbed in the 3rd randomly because he fell. After a year backing up 53/53 Roger Pearson, now 30 years old and in the last year of his deal, Leggin has not fallen. The OC from Colgate is showing it. I am moving to Myron to begin his advancement as the replacement for Pearson, which would have to happen eventually.

Pearson had originally great stats :

Year 2 – 21 of 54, 38.9% KR% - 6 sacks allowed
Year 3 – 30 of 79, 38.0%, 6 sacks allowed, 2 pancakes
Year 4 – 12 starts, 27 of 53, 50.09%, 6 sacks allowed, 1 pancake
Year 5 – 31 of 80, 38.8%, 7 sacks allowed, 1 pancake
Year 6 – 13 of 43, 30.2%, 6 sacks allowed, 1 pancake
Year 7 – 20 of 73, 27.4%, 5 sacks allowed, 3 pancakes

Now, that’s someone who went from reliably getting 38% KRB and 6 sacks allowed each year to dropped to 30 and then 27% two years in a row. That’s not what I want to see from my vet. Right now I’m paying him 7.7 milll, and to extend him by 3 more years to year 11 on that list, would be 6.1, 6.2, 6.5 and 7.2, Nothing he has done in the last two years warrants that. Plus, this is a 30 year old C. A guy I drafted in the 2nd and converted to C from OG. It’s Leggin’s time to see what he can do.

We have had some good C enter the NFL. But today, Myron Leggin has the potential to be the 2nd best C in the league if he grows to at least 72/72 (the 2nd best is clearly 71/71). I need to give my roster that opportunity. OG Satre is in his 9th year in the league and is 31. I have OT Starks and that’s it for my young squad. Right now, Pearson is the 14th best C in the league according to generic league scouts. If I can have the 2nd, I deserve it to find out now. Especially since Pearson has not shown stuff.

I tried to offer Pearson for trade, but no want wants him. I’ll move him to backup behind Leggin for a while and see what the 2nd year guy has.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-24-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2023 Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Blake Bortles – 55/55, 10th year, still doesn’t suck
RB Jermaine Woods, 55/55 RB, I’m hoping for a Walter Gohl like season, of 1100-1250 yards and 10 rush TD. After two woeful years of non having a good guy, we need it.
FB Robbie Wheatley – in his final year and 51/51
TE Brett Kovacs – 55/55 – The 2nd year man from the 2nd round is starting and will hopefully be a solid contributor
FL Joshua Wild – Duh
SE Marqise Lee – Duh
LT Joel Cameron – He has dropped from the 60+ potential he had to 45/45, and that sucks. But he’s still starting for me.
LG Marquis Satre – The man, the legend, and the myth
C Myron Leggin – 37/76?
RG Steven Kelley – Solidifying at 53/53. Now can he keep the job without being the 60+ guy we thought he’d be?
RT Myron Starks – Oh yes
K Marquis Danforth – Solid year, but expensive, and just a 51/51, I’m not sure I want to triple his salary to keep him, even if his name is Marquis (The GM’s name is Marquis too, FYI).
P Conner Donovan – Cheap, adequate
LDE Gregory Burton – The rookie, 44/71, needs to play like it. Here we go!
LDT Brant Missouri – 50/50 body who is solid.
RDT Quentin Grossman – Used to be a real force and contributor, but the 8th year vet has dropped to 51/51 and didn’t have a strong season last year.
RDE Cesar Velazquez – Speak of guys who lost a step, Cesar, post-camp and preseason has dropped to 50/50. That is sad.
SLB Ezra Wilkerson – 31/63 – Of whom much is expected
MLB – Lance Morris, 51/51 guy we traded for. Please don’t suck!
WLB Amari Snipes – 43/43 – The best I could do on short notice
LCB Colton Hanks – Last year of his rookie deal, 49/49 guy
RCB Shane Hopkins – 59/59 and fine. 7th year as a player for us too.
SS Jermaine Whalen – 2nd year guy is fully developed at 67/67. That is what I want to see.
FS Irving Troy – ebbed to 47/47 but will still start I guess.

LS Grayson Johnstone – Has a 100 Long Snapping – He is also a mentor to TE as well.

PR CB Owen Horn; KR Horn and CB Hopkins
Gunners – WLB Okobi, MLB Miceli.
Holder – QB Schaefer

Starting Roster Strength

16th best QB
14th best RB
14th best FB
6th best TE
THE best WR
15th best C
2nd best OG
8th best OT
11th worst P
10th worst K
10th best DE
16th best DT
8th worst ILB
11th worst OLB
3rd best CB
5th best S

Well hello secondary!

Lots of stud Qbs came out of the draft recently.

Currently:,

We have Qbs with current 89, 88, 81, 77, 73, 73, 71, 67, 65, 65, and 61. We also have additional QBs with potentials at 67, 66, 67, and 64. That means fully 15 QBs in the league have, or have the potential to have a Qb in the 60+ category. Bortles has been elevated because I surround him with scads of offensive talent. It’s like giving the 14th best QB in the league Calvin Johnson, DeMarco Murray (for a while, literally), Andre Johnson and Antonio Gates later in his career. That’s going to make you look like a QB master. Then add in one of the best OG of all time, a strong OT, and a solid enough o line around others like C Pearson and guys like OG Theo and OT Joeckel and such over the years. Remember, we had four Wideouts with 50+ ratings for years – Ace Sanders, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson and Justin Blackmon. And Lee has been special, and now the lee and Wild show with great TE play and such had really unhinged Bortles statistically. But Bortles is just Bortles, just a 55/55 guy.

From his year, Manziel is 65/65, Logan Thomas 57/57, and Teddy Bridgewater 61/61 and Derek Carr, 57/57. Bortles is 5th best, but I have supported him lovingly.

We are the 5th youngest team in the NFL

Anyone else I want to extend? Not my P and K and not C Pearson. FB Wheatley? Nah, we always get great Fb options in FA> There’s no reason to extend a 29 year old guy.

SS Gilchrist? TE Josiah Logan? WR Roman Fahey? CB Owen Horn?? Nah.

The only possibility would be CB Colton Hanks.

So, who is expiring the next year that I care about that might affect my cap negatively that I need o worry about?

SE Marqise Lee; MLB Lance Morris; CB Shane Hopkins; RG Steven Kelley; OT Joel Cameron;

That’s it. No real major young core players. It’s possible that Cameron or Kelley could play their way into a major deal (although I doubt it). The biggest are SE Lee, CB Hopkins, and MLB Morris. None of those are going to jettison my cap by bouncing it up too highly.

For example, Lee is 10 mill against the cap next year, Morris 7.2 and Hopkins 10. They won’t require jumping of the cap too much.

The real year I need ot worry about is 2025 – QB Bortles, OG Satre, DE Velazquez, RB Woods, FL Wild, TE Kovacs, C Leggin, SS Whalen are all up there. And I think that Whalen, Leggin, and Kovacs could all make a strong case for contract extensions. Then major cap hits. Maybe Bortles would be down (from ebbing talent) and that might be time to let Cesar go. And Woods might get replaced by someone else sooner than that.

Anyway, let’s get this wagon train a moving

Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We host the Texans, and get things started with a 24-14 victory. Bortles, Game MVP, is 22 of 31 for 311 and 2:1. He hits Wild for 109 and a score and lee for 89 and another. Woods rushes for 19 times and 78 yards in his debut for us, and RB Brayden George, assigned as his backup is 7 for 30 and a score. Pick by Colton Hanks, and DE Burton gets things started off with 1.5 scks, 2 hurries and a knockdown. 1 sack by DT Frederick, OLB Landon Bush and SLB Wilkerson. Both rookies starting strong! Satre has 5 KRb and a pancake, and in his first start for us, C Leggin collects 3 KRB.

That’s a great start for guys like Leggin, Wilkerson and Burton. Even hanks is telling us that he should be extended.

WR Roman Fahey s doubtful with a hyperextended knee for one week, WLB Landon Bush is questionable with a sprained knee for 3.

Week 2- We head across state and come back winners 27-20 against Tampa Bay. Bortles, Game MVP with 26 of 39 for 329 and 1:0 and Wild was 135 yards, lee 102, and WR Fahey is the score. Meanwhile RB Woods was 19 for 85 and 1 score and RB George rushed for another. Sacks by MLB Morris, his first for us, and CB Hanks, and DT Missouri. DE Burton nets another 1.5. 2 KRB and a pancake for Satre and Starks.

We have an injury FS Irving Tory is out for a month with a hyperextended knee. This is why I am glad I resigned FS Myles Clinton. He was a 7th rounder for us 5 years ago. And now, as a 44/44 backup, he’ll step in for Troy.

Week 3 – Even though the jets are favored to win by 3, we head to town and defeat them 24-20. Game MVP Is DE Velazquez with 2 sacks, 1 hurry, 1 knockdown. Sack by DT Grossman too, 5 KRB by Satre. RB George grabs a rushing score and Bortles is 25 of 34 for 240 and 2:1 an Wild has 114 and 1 score and Lee 129 and the other.

We have some probable folks post game, like Wild and Kelley. Nothing major

Week 4 – We host the Bengals. We haven’t had one of those dominant wins yet, they’ve all been closer than preferred. That changes. We win 34-15. Bortles, MVP, 20 of 22, 283 and 2:1. Lee had 105 and 2 scores, Wild 102 yards. RB Woods was 15 for 71 and 1 score. Picks by CB Hanks and backup CB Kayvon Webster gets a pick and returns it 10 yards for a score. Sacks by DT Grossman, DE Ketteridge, DE Brown. 4 KRB and a pancake for OT Starks and 2 and 1 for Satre.

At the quarter mark, we are 4-0. Other 4-0 teams include the Titians, Lions, Bears, Redskins and Cardinals. In the AFC West, every team is 1-3 or 0-4.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – Next up, the 2-2 Browns. We thump them 42-18. Bortles is again the MVP. He gets 22 of 29 for 4:1 and nails FB Wheatley 2x, TE Kovacs and WR Fahey for scores. Meanwhile RB Woods added 108 yards and 2 scores on 22 carries. Picks by CB Hopkins and Hanks. 2 sacks by DT Frederick, 1 by SS Whalen, DE Ketteridge, and MLB Miceli. 4 KRB by Starks, and 3 by C Leggin. 2 and 2 pancakes by Satre.

Week 6? We host the 1-4 Colts. We are favored by…well…a lot of points. We cover the spread, 35-10. RB Woods is Game MVp with 16 for 95 and 2 scores. RB George rushes for a score, WR lee does too, and Bortles is just 25 of 35 for 216 and 1:1, although Wild still manages 111 yards in that. CB hanks with a pick. 1.5 sacks by DT Missouri, and DE Velazquez. 5 KRB by Satre.

TE Kovacs broke his nose, but he’ll be fine for the next game.

Week 7 – We head to Pittsburgh to take on the 4-2 Steelers. We win with a palindrome score 31-13. 3 KRB by Starks, Kelley, and Satre - 2 pancakes by Starks too. Sacks be DE Velazquez, CB Hanks, and DT Grossman. SS Whalen had a 3 passesdefensed day. And forced a fumble that was recovered by rookie SLB Wilkerson. Pick by Hopkins. Bortles was 18 of 22 for 210 and 3:1. Lee was 59 yards and 2 scores and RB George the other score. Woods rushes 19 for 133 and a score on the ground.

OT Starks is questionable for three weeks with a sprained knee Ima start him anyways.

Week 8 – Next is the 6-1 Ravens. We barely edge them 37-35. Bortles is 21 of 29 for 268 and 3:2. Lee has 74 yards, Wild 22 and 2 TD grabs, TE Kovacs 107 yards and RB Woods a catch. Meanwhile CB Colton Hanks picks off the best QB in the NFL and returns it 28 yards for a score and FS Myles Clinton adds another. SS Whalen forces a fumble that FS Clinton recovers. CB Hopkins also recovers a fumble. The day’s lone sack was by rookie DE Burton. 4 KRB by Satre.

FS Troy is back from injury. We are the league’s sole 8-0 team. The Titans dropped two games.

I extend CB Colton Hanks’ deal. He now makes 5.48 this year, and will go up from there.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #247
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 – We host and win, in a close OT game, 27-24 against the Titans. We win, sure, but we have a problem. RB Woods carried the rock 12 times for 49 yards and 2 scores, and WR Wild was 134 on the day with a score and lee with 116. Pick by rookie SLB Ezra Wilkerson. Sack by DE Burton, DE Ketteridge.

And here’s the issue:

Bortles 9 of 9 for 109 and then injured
Frankie Peters relieves him and is 23 of 31 for 301 and 1:1.

Bortles is out with a severe wrist sprain and out for 6 weeks.

I sign UFA rookie QB Tito Poston. I cut RB Omar Barber to make room on my roster.

Now QB Frankie Peters, 33/41, is slightly better than QB Hardy Schaefer, 31/45.

Schaefer vs Peters:

Schaefer 52/72 and 38/44 Peters - Screen
Schaefer 29/63 vs 34/53 for Peters – Short
Schaefer 44/67 vs 47/51 for Peters – Medium
Peters 22/43 vs 15/21 Schaefer – Long
Schaefer 22/43 vs 1 Peters – Deep

Schaefer 34 vs 28 Peters – 3rd Down Passing

Peters 15 vs Schaefer 13 = Accuracy
Peters 57/71 vs Schaefer 9/16 – Timing
Peters 48 vs Schaefer 34 – Sense Rush
Peters 39/50 vs Schaefer 16/21 Read Defense
Schaefer 44/77 vs 32/34 Peters – 2 Minute Offense

Peters 14 formations, vs Schaefer 12
Peters 86 scramble vs Schaefer 23

So Schaefer is the better technician at most passes, Peters is better at the mental stuff of the game – timing, sensing the rush, and reading the defense.

I am moving Schaefer to my starting spot. Peters is clearly better in an emergency role, but I want to see what Schaefer can do.

Week 10 BYE

Week 11 – We travel to Houston and defeat them 31-20. QB Hardy Schaefer is Game MVP with 24 of 32 for 2698 and 2:0. Wild caught 70 and a score, TE Kovacs a score, an dWoods added 19 for 78 and a score on the ground. WLB Ken Okobi picked off Russell Wilson and returned it 35 yards for a score. Sacks by SS Whalen, DT Missouri., 3 KRB by Starks and Satre (2 pancakes for the good old Marquis as well)

CB Hopkins is questionable with a strained hammy for an unknown period of time.

Week 12 – We host Carolina. We struggle hard ot beat 3 win Carolina in Jacksonville 14-10. Defensive Player of the Week and Game MVP DE Velazquez notches 4 sacks on the day, and DT Grossman 1.5. Pick by questionable Shane Hopkins. QB Schaefer was 32 of 40 for 255 and 2:2. Lee had the scores and 91 yards on the day.

SS Marcus Gilchrist is out for 2 weeks with a separated shoulder and MLB Morris doubtful with an elbow injury. It was just a smash mouth Sunday.

Week 13 – Next we host 2 win Chargers. We had a lot of our harder games earlier in the season. We win 31-6. QB Schaefer, MVP, has 22 of 32 for 303 and 3:0. Lee 121 yards and a score, Wild a score, FB Wheatley a score. RB Woods rushes for a score. Sacks by MLB Morris, FS Irving Troy, and 1.5 by DT Missouri 4 KRB by Satre and 3 by Starks.

RB Steven Kelley is out for 4 weeks with a concussion. OG Mark Meadows will start for him instead.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:01 PM   #248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We head to Atlanta and shut them out 26-0. Satre and OT Cameron both have 4 KRB (and Satre had four pancakes as well). 3 KRB by Leggin. Sacks by DE Velazquez and DT Frederick. Schaefer is MVP with 23 of 26 for 299 and 1:0. Wild has 103 yards and a score and Lee 82 yards. RB Woods has 103 on 21 carries and RB George a rushing score.

Bortles is back after Week 15.

Week 15 – We head to the 5-7-1 Colts. Players lie SS Gilchrist and MLB Morris are healthy again. Unfortunately the undefeated season is not to be and we lose 34-18 against Luck and the Colts. Schaefer was 30 of 37 for 352 and 2:0 – you can’t blame him. Wild had 149 yards, lee 113 and a score and TE Kovacs the other TD. MLB Morris forced a fumble that we didn’t get. No sacks, no picks, no turnovers, and no finesse. No finishing.

I deactivate our 4th QB as Borltes comes off the inactive roster. TE Logan is doubtful and I bench him for TE Stanley Ballard. The loss didn’t matter much. We locked up the #1 seed a long time ago.

Week 16 – RB Woods had 20 carries for 98 yards and three scores as we run over the Saints 35-23, 5th WR banks and FB Wheatlery catch Bortles Balls and he is 27 of 34 for 265 and 2:2 after his long stay off the bench. Wild still has 119 yards on the day. Pick by FS Troy. 1.5 sacks by DE Burton and 1 by SS Whalen 4 KRB by Satre.

SS Gilchrist is doubtful and I bench him. Again.

Week 17 – If the Titans win this week, then they finish 9-7. That would be enough for the playoffs is the 8-7 Jets lose. We win 28-23. Bortles, MVP, 23 of 29 for 311 and 3:1. Lee had 166 yards and 2 scores and FB Wheatley the other. Wods was 20 for 103 and 1 score too. 1 sacks by OLB Wilkerson. 3 KRB by Satre and Pearson, coming in for an inured Leggin.

Injuries – MLB Micei – out with a pulled calf muscle for a month
C Myron Leggin – doubtful with an elbow for 2 weeks

Old 04-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2023 NFL Playoffs

The AFC:

#1 Seed 15-1 Jacksonville Jaguars
#2 Seed 12-4 Baltimore Ravens
#3 Seed 10-6 New England Patriots
#4 Seed 9-7 Oakland Raiders
#5 Seed 9-7 New York Jets
#6 Seed 9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers

Also playing this week:

Seattle at Carolina
San Francisco at Washington

Seattle has the top wild card spot at 11-5 record.

The Jets wins at Oakland 27-14. The Steelers at New England 30-24.

Meanwhile the Seahawks thump the Panthers 37-10. The Redskins are the only home team to win this weekend 34-10 over the 49ers

Week 2 – Divisional Weekend

We host the Pittsburgh Steelers
The Jets travel to Baltimore

The Seahawks have to beat division champion Arizona and the Redskins head to Chicago.

We crush the Steelers 38-10. Bortles, MVP, with 18 of 21 for 204 and 2:0 and hit WR Fahey and WR Banks for scores and RB Woods added 166 yards on 30 carries and 2 scors and evn backup RB Henry Tiessen rushed for a score. Picks by Hanks and Troy. Sack by Velazquez. 5 pancakes and 5 KRB by Satre, and OG Mark Meadows got 4 KRB subbing for an injured Steven Kelley.

Meanwhile Seattle was the only wild card team to win – 20-13 over Arizona. Chicago over Washington 28-13 and Baltimore dominated New York 31-10.

WR Marqise Lee is out for a week with a strained calf muscle. I’ll have all three TE active. WR Roman Fahey will be starting/

Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The NFL Championship Weekend!

We host the Baltimore Ravens

And the Bears host the Seahawks

People are talking all over America about the chance for another Jaguars-Seahawks Super Bowl!

Can it happen? Will destiny give us a great story line?

The NFC Game is played first and….Chicago blows out Seattle 31-6. It’s not even close.

Then the AFC game happens.

And Baltimore can’t be stopped either, and they beat us 20-9.

They held our offense down. Bortles was 22 of 41 for 248 and 0:1. Woods was held to 38 yards on the ground. We forced fumbles three times and…? Never recovered any. No picks either. Sacks by SS Whalen, DE Burton, and that’s it. 2 passes defended by FS Troy and WLB Okobi, but that’s it. DE Velazquez rocked a clocked pass, hurry and knockdown, but no sacks. Poor blocking, not a lot of anything else.

And neither team makes it to the Super Bowl this year. That’s anticlimactic!

Baltimore wins 29-19 over the Bears.

Congrats Baltimore! You have consistently been our major foe in the AFC playoffs the last few years, and done very well year after year You deserve this victory. You earned it with a lot of sweat and blood over the years. Kind of like McNabb’s Eagles at their peak or Manning;s Colts. You got this. You earned it.

Up until now, the last four Super Bowls were won by the Seahawks and the Jaguars, and 5 times in the last 7 years.

So you get this Baltimore…

But we’ve got next!