Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #151
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February –

Feb 4 Home s Celta 4th
Feb 9 – Away vs Real Madrid 3rd
Feb 17 – Home vs Barcelona 2nd
Feb 22 - Away vs Levante 25

We are 9th in the liga, but we have a nasty three-game streak against the heavies

Game 22 vs #4 Celta. Ndi is back from suspensions. Unless their nation advanced deeply, my African internationals are back. Ouattara is starting for Ingason, and the Asian cup is over for Korean folks, so I have my GK, Jae-Hwan, but Sayed is still with Egypt, they advanced. Good luck! Morales passes to Osmar and he goes to hit Oliver, but they do a back pass, but Oliver is faster, runs on it, and scores in the 13th. . Lanzini booked. They fire and score in the 22nd. Lanzini crosses to Bamford for a score in the 41st. 2-1 half, us. Keep it up! They push aside two attacks by us. Van Persie heads in for Morales, and then I pull the carded Lazini for Ibrahim. Oliver sets up Van Persie for a score in the 77th. Ntsume in for Ragazzi. Yoon Jae-Hwan with a card. We win 3-1, MOM is Oliver. Good win!

Getting 3 points from this run of three games is great.

Van Persie’s long shot was Goal of the Week, Ouattara and Olvier in Team of the Week

Milic is injured ad out for 2 weeks in training

Game 23 vs Real Madrid. Diallo starts for Milic and Sayed is back at the MC spot. We tied R. Madrid earlier this year in our place. I don’t expect getting a point this time it’s a major gauntlet. Pick up where you left off! Yoon drives, finds Morales on an attacking run off a counter, and he slides it over to Bamford for a score. At the half, they have 11 shots, 2 on target, and have been uneven in attack, we have 9 and 4. Keep it up! No bookings, all quiet. They begin to move forward hard. Ingason for an underwhelming DIallo. Ndi in next. Lanzini is tired, Anaba heads in. We hold on to win, 1-0. Real Madid wasted a ton of shots – 26 shots, 7 on target. We had 14 and 7. Good job!

Winning 6 points in that gauntlet is just unspeakably crazy. That was just R Madrid’s 3rd loss of the year.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #152
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 24 vs Barcelona – We are actually expected to win this match. We are 6th, they are 3rd. We haven’t dropped a game in a while, Barca have lost 4 of 5. Plus we’re home as well. I rotate in Van Persie. Vengeance! Sayed to Bamford on a IFK for a score in the 21st. Jae-Hwan banged up and Oliver heads in. Half. Don’t get complacent! Junca card for fouling Messi. We injure Aleix Vidal on their team. I sub in Ibrahim for Lanzini. To give me a little more enrgy late I sub in Ntsume for Ragazzi. Barca also are wasting shots – 22 and 5 on target. We have not a lot better 11 and 3. We win 1-0. MOM is Sayed.

We just ran that gauntlet hard.

Jae-Hwan is out for a week ith a bruised thigh

I get a job offer over in France for Lille. No thanks.

Ouattara and Sayed in Team of the Week

Game 25 vs Levante – Watch me lose today’s game.  Ndi in for Jae-Hwan. I leave in Van Persie. Keep up the run! Lanzini finds Van Persie, who slides the ball to Bamford on an attacking run, score in the 4th minute. They have two ajor surges to no avail. They are pushing, so the fact we are up at the half is very interesting. Today, we’ve been the team wasting shots and have 10 shots, 2 on target, and they 9and 6. Keep it up! The break away and have a one on one shot, but we win that battle. I send in Oliver for Van Persie. Vaz for a tired Sayed. They score in the 85th, waived offsides. I send in Ntume for Junca. And there’s another 1-0 win. MOM is Sayed. Well done.

It’s been 319 minuts since GK Sueng-Gyu allowed a goal.

Who would have thought we’d run the table in February?

Milic back from injury

Link up between Rosa and Morales finished. Rosa gained a bit.

Younter Miguel Luis is upset at the lack of play

End of February –

Training? - Good by Luis, Lanzini, Irbahim

Old 03-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March –

March 2 – Home vs Getafe
March 6 – Away vs Real Sociedad
March 10 – Home vs Villareal
March 17th – Away vs Cadiz
March 24 – Away vs Granada

We are in 5th in the Liga – Considering last month, you can see why

Game 26 vs Getafe – Jae-Hwan is back, Milic too. Milic starts for Junca. Morales back in. We owe these guys! I begin controlling. Lanzini scores in the 5th after grabbing a loose ball. Bamford finds Jae-Hwan for a score. Sayed gets a yellow. All before the 10 minute mark! Then things shift, they pull forward, and I ease back to standard. Half. Keep it up! Jae-Hwan a card. I send in Oliver for him. Vaz in for the carded Sayed. Ndi for Lanzini. (I swap him and Oliver). We win 2-0, MOM is Ragazzi. Good win.

That was the Vaz’s 200th game for Melilla.

Ragazzi in Team of Week

Game 27 vs Real Sociedad. Junca back, I start Oliver in ST. I want to see what he can do there, and see if that really pushes my scoring potential. I can’t rely on too many 1-0 wins. Here we go – keep the run going folks! Snowing! Not how I was hoping thing’d start, they get a score in the 3rd minute. Another follows in the 17th. Half. Unlucky? Corner sinks in the 47th Ragazzi booked. Bamford shoots, rebounded, Oliver finishes. Milic for Ragazzi. Ingason for Diallo, and then Ndi for Lanzini. We lose 3-1. Well the run couldn’t last forever, and it went on a long time. Far from pleased with that!

Morales has declined in ability, according to my coaches. Bruno Souto is now Spanish

Game 28 vs Villarreal. I move in Ingason for Diallo, Good Luck! They clear the ball from a cross to Bamford, and Ragazzi hoofs it to Osmar. He fires a long shot that sinks in the 23rd. Junca gives away a penalty in the 38th. They score. Sayed finds Lanzini on an attack run deep, hits him, and scores. Half. Keep it up! They score in the 49th. All even. Another goal follows. Have to reset my defense they are sucking. In heads Diallo, and Milic for a sucky Junca. Then Bamford scores in the 83rd. KLAte cards like Diallo, Lanzini, and Sayed, all in the last ten minue.s MOM to Osmar, 3-3 tie. Unlucky?

Osmar’s long shot is Liga Goal of the Week

I go to the board and they agree to increase our youth recruitment network.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 29 vs Cadiz. Milic starts for Junca. Cadiz are 16th right now. Sayed booked early. Two follow for them, Lots of wasted momentum as such. We aren’t hitting any shots. We’re losing every stat at the half, but no one has broken momentum. You need to do better! I change up some folks and tactics, keep it up, send in Junca Ibrahim, others, but nothing. They finally score in the 74th.. In an eerie irony of some of our recent wins, we lose 1-0, and wasted a lot of our shots (were were 2 on target of 13 attempts) . Need to do better!

Now they good thing about losing to Cadiz is that we do give them 3 points to help them stay up. Cadiz have made it to the Liga a few times, and usually dropped right back down. Once they were up for aroud 6-7 years, and they wre nicknamed the Yellow Submarine (their color is yellow) They would b in the back three most of the year hard, and then an impressive run on form in the last handful of games would see them rise just above relegation – they were finished 17th, 15th 17th, stuff like that. Eventually they hit relegation.

As of today, Cadiz has more yellows in the Liga than anyone ever before.

GK Barrio is injured for 6-7 weeks with a broken finger

Game 30 vs Granada - Sayed is banned next game for yellows. I slide over Oliver and Yoon is out for U23 International play. Ndi is in. I move Morales back in the ST spot . Oliver didn’t impress there. You can win today! Ndi crosses to Morales for a score in the 16th On a corner, Ouattara gest the ball and scores. His first ever for us, assist by Morales. Half. Keep it up! They foul Ndi in the box and Bamford sinks a PK in the 53rd. I send in David Ibrahim and Vazquez. Granada have 3 yellows, we don’t have any. I send in Miguel Luis for Osmar. They have a counter drive and cross and score in the 84th. We win 3-1. MOM is Ndi. Good job!

For the first time, the media used the description Wonderkid to refer to Guy Ouattara, the Ivorian I have. I knew Ragazzi probably was last year when I scouted him, and he was interested in coming to our club, but his own, Bologna offered him a sweet deal, even though I was offering more. A year later, my deal was a lot better looking – We’ll triple your money, and start you in the Liga. That’s pretty good compared to the slow development that may have happened elsewhere. So I can understand why Ragazzi accepted my offer.

Milic adapts his game to shorter passing

Diallo is Team of the Week

I have a lot of internationals heading out.

Our youth candidates arrive. We have a few with solid potentials. No major wonderkids or anything. There’s no Hernani Costa, Joao Luis Rodrigues or even Jorge Agra (three major players who came through my youth system in Madeira in my previous dynasty).

The best is likely middie Lorenzo Castillo, with middie Mohamed, winger Jesus Angel Castillo pretty solid potentials. Spain is not a big country, and folks brag behind the scenes of major folks they brought in, so I scout a few out.

I sign 9 of those folks

End of March –

Training of Quality – Ragazzi, Jae-Hwan, Ouattara

Old 03-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #155
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Very nice run in which you beat both Real and Barca!
Old 03-22-2016, 08:32 AM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I know, it's was epic!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April –

April 6 – Home vs Sevilla
April 10 – Away vs Espanyol
April 13 – Away vs Malaga
April 21 – Away vs Valencia
April 28 – Home vs Atletic Bilbao

We are 5th

Osmar’s goal was 3rd best of March

I hook up Junca with a mentoring with Ouattara.

Game 31 vs Sevilla. Sayed back from the ban . Ingason in for Diallo. Jae-Hwan back in. Pick up where you all left off! Quiet for the first 25 minutes, and then they cross a delightful ball between our defenders ,Milic misses a tackle, and then they score in the 33rd. Half. Not good enough! 25 more minutes ebb. I try control, I don’t know. No shots on target ,- we have 16 shots, 2 on target, and no changes I make tactically seem to change that. . SO I sub in Van Persie for Morales, Junca in for Milic. Nothing happens. We lose 1-0, and MOM is Oliver. That’s not an acceptable performance

Game 32 vs Espanyol. Ouattara is tired from the last match, so I move Diallo in. Van Persie in for Morales. Vengeance!!!! Lanzini picks up an injury in the 11th and they are carded for the tackle. I send in Oliver. After little happens, I move to controlling. Espanyol two more cards. Then they foul us in the box and…They blocked Van Persie’s PK. They injure Sayed in the 43rd. I send in Ndi and swap him and Jae-Hwan. Half. We can still win this one! 62nd minute and Osmar is injured and I send in Vazquez. Ingason with a yellow. Booking by Ragazzi. We are tied 0-0 . Osmar was MOM. I’m not happy with that!

Sayed – Bruised Shin, bacm in a week
Osmar – Chest Injured, out for 2 weeks
Lanzini – Thigh Strain, out foro 2 weeks
Ragazzi reaches yellow card limit

Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 33 vs Malaga – We are starting Ndi, Ouattara, Oliver, Milic and Junca in the full back spots, Good luck! In addition to defensive, I begin with retain possession. They get a cross and score in the 16th. We get no attacks at all. No shots in the first 30 minutes, until things begin to open up later. Half. Unlucky! Milic booked after. I try to distract and disrupt their game and move to tight marking and such. No major offenses for a while, but nothing’s happens for us either. Hmm. IS end in Ntsume for Milic and Morales for Van Persie. Junca booked . Nadjib for Ndi. We lose 1-0. Unlucky!

Jae-Hwan is now able to switch the ball from one flank to the other.

I get great comments on Ouattara in training and such – he’s supposedly gotten a lot better in the last few months.

Game 34 vs Valencia. They are 4th. We are not in good form right now so we are not expected to win today’s game on the road. Ragazzi back in. Sayed’s injury is completed. Ndi back on the bench. Morales in for Van Persie. Good luck! (I get a phone call, work the game while I’m on the phone, but have no in-game updates. Sorry) . 0-0 draw, cards to Vazquez, Junca, Sayed.

Morales injured and out for week with a bruised shin

One of my youths Juan Luis, is coming back late from a bar the night before a youth match, and I issue a warning for unprofessional behavior.

Game 35 vs Alethic Bilbao – Junca is banned with too many yellows, Milic starts. Van Persie starting too. OSmar and Lanzini back from injury. Vengeance! We have an early push, nothing, and then they get a booking. Nothing. Another falls their way. Nothing. We push and get three corners, nothing. Half. Keep it up, you can win! As we open up, Lanzini is driving, fires a shot to Bamford, and he puts it away hard. No major pressure follow, and a bunch of time just ebbed. Denilson heads in for Ragazzi. Lanzini feeds Van Persie after getting a nasty deep pass from Sayed to set them up in the 69th. I send in Ndi. Ntsume for Diallo MOM is Lanzini and we win 2-0. Nicely done.

That win puts us back into EURO contention at 6th place.

GK Barrio and Morales are back from their respective injuries

End of April –

Good training – Ouattara, Ibrahim, Dong-Hyuk

Old 03-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #159
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May –

May 5 – Away vs Atletico Madrid. #1
May 12 – Home vs Osasuna
May 26 – Away vs Elbar

We are 6th right now

Top three Liga teams make the Champions Cup Group Stage. #4 team gets in the Playoff. 5 and 6 make the EURO Group Stage. 7 gets the Qualifying Rounds. Right now we are in the EURO stage.

We’ll be letting Vazquez, Barrio, Van Persie, and Nadjb go at the end of the season.

I’m also considering transferring and moving Morales, but we’ll talk of that later.

Game 36 vs A. Madrid. We are not expected to win this one. Keep up where you left off last time! They score in the 7th and 9th minutes. Half. I send in Ingason, Morales, and Oliver, but nothing happens. They get an epic amount of cards, nothing happens. We can’t punch ourselves, and they just eased off the gas after those scores. 2-0 loss.

I get an offer for youther Miguel Luis from Tottenham for 750k and I accept. He’s on his way.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 37 vs Osasuna. Morales is back in. Junca as well. Ragazzi runs down the pike, crosses deep to Sayed, and he scores in the 17th. We get some pressure here, but nothing too bad. No cards for us, they have one, and they have barely been in the game thus far. Don’t get complacent. They begin to liven up over the first ten minutes of the next half, but nothing too much, Sayed a bit banged up and I send in Ndi. Ibrahim for Lanzini. They clatter Yoon in the box and her steps up Morales and PK sinks in the 82nd Ingason for Ouattara. We win 2-0 MOM is Sayed.

Eibar are relegated. Real Valladolid as well.

That was Osmar’s 100th game for us

One game left.

5 – Celta, 57 points
6 – Melilla – 56 points
7 – Villlarreal – 56 points
8 – Levante – 54

We could get as high as 5th, or as low as 8th, based on the various results of the final match

Oh, and by the way, in case you care (I do!) Cadiz are guaranteed of not getting relegated, 4 points about the drop zone at #16.

Ragazzi and Diallo in Team of Week

Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Cup

Ndi out for a week iwith blisters

Game 38 vs Eibar 0 Our foes are already relegated, so there’s nothing they are playing for. We are heavily favored despite being on the road. I am starting Vazquez today. He has earned this game. Pick it up from where you left off last year! Yoon Jae-Hwan finds Bamford for a score in the 13th. On an FK from deep by the half line, Vazquez lifts the ball, finds Bamford, and he scores. Dude still has it. Dude still has it! Morales finds Bamford in the 26th minute, and there’s his hattrick. Eibar is tackling hard now, and gest a pair of flags. Half. Keep it going! Jae-Hwan collects a booking. Ntsume for Ouattara, Ibrahim for Lanzini. Denilson for Morales. We win 3-0 and Bamford is predictably the MOM. Very pleased!

We finish 6th. Hello EURO!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Osasuna relegated, Atletico Madrid win the Liga.

We are given 4 mill for our spot, and give out 600k to our folks

Spanish League Player of the Year was Ronaldo, followed by Richaira ZIvkovic for Atletico Madrid and Victor for Desportivo.

Ronaldo was leader is goals with 32, and then Zlkovic with 23, and Eugene Seleznyov with 21 at Granada

Get ready:

Head Coach of the Year goes to Julio Rodriguez Salgado

Ahmed Sayed named to LIGA Team of the year

Melilla is Most Improved Club

Melilla End of Season Awards:

Fans Player of the Year – 1 - Ahmad Sayed, 2 - Osmar, 3- Yoon Jae-Hwan.
Goal of the Season – Morales vs Getafe on Friday, Oct 5, 2018
Signing of the Season – Sayed
Young Player of the Season – Sayed

Great Training –

Ragazzi
Jae-Hwan
Ouattara
Ibrahim
ST Jorge Mesa

Van Persie disagrees with me in the locker room and thinks we can do the Champions League next year, but I’m pushing for EURO again. This is a tough league.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:30 AM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

Liga Ones First –

Sayed was 4th with 7 MOM, the leader was 11

Lanzini was 1st with 8.73 miles run per game, and Jae-Hwan was 2nd with 8.71

Sayed was 4th in rating at 7.85m the highest was 8.02

Bamford – tied for 7th with 16

Diallo was 4th with key headers

Ragazzi was 5th in headers won ratio

Our GK was tied for 7th fewest goals allowed, 12 shutouts was 8th and he led the league in saved held at 92.

CLUB!

GK Kim Seung-Gyu – 34 starts for league, 34 goals, 12 clean sheets, 1 MOM, 6.97 rating

Very good stuff there

DR Roberto Ragazzi – 34 games, 3 assist, 1 MOM ,7.05 rating

DL David Junca – 32 apps, 1 asst, 6.91 rating

DC Ibrahim Diallo, 30 apps, 1 assust, 7.00 rating

DC Guy Ouattara – 29 games, 7.02 rating

DC Ingason -25, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6.80 rating

D RLC Antonio Milic – 28 apps, 1 asst, 6.86 rating

Junca faded a bit in the second half, and Ingason has really disappointed me. But both Diallo and Ouattara have solidified a strong showing for us. I see both continuing with us

DMC Osmar – 35 games, 1goals 2 assist, 7.33 rating

MRLC Yoon Jae-Hwan – 28 apps, 3 goals, 5 assists, 1 MOM, 7.28 rating

MC Ahmad Sayed – 28 games, 2 goals, 7 assist, 7 MOM, 7.85 rating

M RLC Oliver, 28 games, 3 goals, 1 assists, 1 MOM, 7.07 rating

M RL Manuel Lanzini – 32 games, 6 goals,7 assists, 4 MOM, 7.24

Daniel Ndi – 16 games, 3 assists, 1 MOM, 6.97 rating; David Ibrahim, 14 games, 1 goal, 1 asiists, 6.91 rating;

I’m very okay with my midfielders

ST Patrick Bamford, 37 games, 16 goals, ,5 assist, 1 MOM. 7.05 rating

ST Robbin van Persie, 24 games, 5 goals, 1 assists, 1 MOM, 7.01 rating

ST Wilson Morales, 22 games, 8 goals, 4 assits 7.10 rating

This is my struggle.

We were 6th most in goals with 49, but it was pretty weak in a lot fo areas We got lots of goals against bad teams like Osasuna or Eibar. But we had some real problems with scoring when we needed it, and we dropped a lot of games and points by not getting better here.

Cross completion? 4th best. Goals from set pieces? 12. That’s just 37 goals from the field. We need to do better.

We had the 8th best defense in goals allowed, we were the only team to ot allow any IFKs this season. We didn’t let any DFKs either, but 4 other teams were the same. We conceded just 2 penalties, 2nd fewest in the league.

We had the 18th worst possession time, 3rd most headers won, fewest red cards with just one, and 50 yellows in the middle of the pack.

So we were good at ome seriously important places

Old 03-24-2016, 12:44 AM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Why did we come in and do so well this fast?

1). We had sold three players for a serious amount of cash. In it’s history, Melilla has never sold a player for more then a few hundred thousand at most. This was a big deal. We got a ton of cash from those huge high profile sales. Here’s the players we purchased – Milic – 500k, Ingason – 2.2 mill; Oliver, 1.8 mill; Seung-Gyu – 475k; DR Ragazzi 1.4 mill, ST Van Persie – 1 mill, Jae-Hwan – 3.5 mill; Ouatarra -750k, Ibrahim – 450k, and Ntsume – 300k. Those are mostly all great players or future prospects, all were a part of our successes, and only Ingason stands out as not really worth it (and I stand b that move by the way, it looked really good pre-move). I didn’t chase one or two agents. I grabbed a ton ot players for a total transfer fee of 12.75 mill. We brought in 14.6 mill, plus the initial kitty that I had. Using the extra money, I was able to build my squad with an additional year of investment. Normally, your first year in a top flight would be unable to grab that sort of spending splurge

2). I was willing to pick up multiple quality players on free transfers – Sayed,Bamford, Lanzini, some youth that might play laters (ST Mesa, ST Dong-Hyuk)

3). I pushed my depth hard. In fact, we played more players in the Liga by far than any other players. When we had a game and three players were injure, we were fine. When GK ViIllar had to step in and start all of my January games (4 Cups, and a ton of league games) we were fine. I really pushed my depth early. I’m subbing a player like Oliver most games, for example. We had international call ups, injury coverage, tiredness coverage, and red cards and such. So we had a lot of depth and that’s a valuable commodity

4). Wow February. We had a very good February that really pushed us to the forefront. We defeated top teams and brought them down. I took 4 points from R. Madrid. 3 from Barca. That lucky February was enough. Our record wasn’t amazing – 17 wins, 8 ties, 13 losses. That is a lot of losses. In act, our 13 losses is more all the way down to 10th for Athletic Bilbao with 14 losses, and then Sevilla at 12th just had 11 losses. 17-8-13 isn’t going to win any major accolades. But… Two wins? Turn two losses to wins, give hs6 more points? We oust Valencia for 4th and make Champions League.

Table:

1. A. Madrid – 86 points
2. R Madrid – 83
3. Barca – 71
4. Valencia – 64
5. Celta – 60
6. Melilla – 59
7. Villarreal 59
8. Levante – 54
9. R. Sociedad 53
10. Atletic Bilbao – 52
11. Espanyol – 51
12. Sevilla – 49
13. Malaga – 48
14. Desportivo – 42
15. Granada – 42
16. Cadiz – 39
17. Getafe – 37
18. Osasuna – 32
19. Eibar – 31
20. R. Valladold – 28

The yellow submarine stands! Good job Cadiz. And my goals would have stood – finish with 38 points in 38 games, and you get 17th.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 AM   #164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I want to do an honest assessment of my team.

DC I am very happy with Diallo and Ouattara last year. Both did well. This is the first year to start for Ouattara, and 20 year old Ivorian has impressed me. Meanwhile Diallo has continued to grow, ever since we bought the guy for 400k 3 years ago from Valencia. I bet they wish they hadn’t sold him! 22 years old, both still have some development ahead, according to our coaches. The only major issue I have is that both are African, so there are times when both got called up for things like the African Cup of Naions.

Now I don’t like Ntsume yet as a quality backup, and Ingason proved not-great. I may look to bring in one DC that can sub and get some games.

DR Roberto Ragazzi had a great year for us. He’s already in a good place for us. Media calls him a wonderkid. Our coaches love him. I am set here….

DL – Junca disappointed later, and Milic is nothing more than a sub. I need a good DL next year.

Mid:

DMC – Osmar was great, and we have an issue. Leicester is interested in a transfer. His min release is 8.25 and I’m nto sure they’ll make that. I might be interested in it – he’s 30 and will be 31 next month. He’s not getting any younger. I am bringing in a major youth player too at the DMC spot off a Bosman free, so he is a bit expendible, but he’s my captain, and he’s good. I could keep the guy

MC Sayed – He’s great, and his value increased considerably. There are some clubs sniffing around his panties. If I want to lock him in, I could offer him a new deal and raise that min fee release clause. Dude is 23 and has a lot to offer. He’s pretty good. My coaches love him too.

I love Yoon Jae-Hwan. He’s locked in. Lanzini was great pickup, and is one of my most valuable players (by money) these days. He’s 26, at the top of his game, and had a strong year. He’s not going anywhere either. Oliver was fine. He got a lot of games, played well, and looked better. I also liked Ndi as a sub, and Ibrahim has a bright future. I’m very happy with my midfield this year, and doubt I’ll be looking to move anyone

St:

Bamford was suitably solid, and I’m not moving him. Van Persie is old, and was a temp to bring in, and give the team some needed gravitas. Other than Osmar at 30, all of the starting group were younger (and GK at 28) . He’s almost 36, and he’s skills atrophied a bit. I could resign him, but that’s not a goal of mine right now.

I’m looking at moving Morales. For a few reasons. Firstly, after seeing how good he has been in training, and he’s gotten better, ST Dong-Hyuk is looking very good.

Dong-Hyuk vs Morales:

Morales is better at…+1 balance, +1agility; set pieces; +2 first touch, +1 long shots, +5 marking, +1 passing, +1 technique, +1 concentration, +1 decisions,+1 leadership, +2 psition, 3 vision

Dong-Hyuk is better at…+1 jump, +2 pace, +4 stamina; +4 dribbiling, +2 head, +2 cross, +6 aggression, +3 anticipation, +2 brave, +8 composure, +3 work rate, +3 flair,

So results – Morales is better at set pieces, and some technical skills. Morales is a bit faster, a lot smarter, and still growing. Morales peaked, and lost a little if you’ll recall. There were a lot of games where he wasn;t doing anything out there.

So by transferring Wilson Morales, ,I can move Dong-Hyuk to my 3rd spot. I also want to pick up a studly 2nd Striker.

Now it’s the time for targeted transferring. I want to bring in a better DR and ST.

I may move Ingason. Napali are interested in him.

About 6 clubs are interested in Bamford

Value of my peops:

Lanzini 11.5 mill
Sayed 11.5 mill
Jae-Hwan 8.75 mill
Bamford – 4.3 mill
Oliver – 3.6 mill
Morales 2.6
Osmar 2.5
Dong-Hyuk – 2.5
Diallo 1.9
Ndi 1.7
Seung-Gyu 1.6
Junca 1.6
Ouattara 1.2
Ingason 1.1
Ragazzi 1
Milic 725k
GK Villar – 675k
Ibrahim 575k

We get the initial budget for next year – a lot of payroll, not as much transfer, but we’re pretty good on cash. But I get 10 mill if I cut my budget harshly.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:29 AM   #165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to bring in a Romanian coach, and he arrives. Ovidio Petre, from Lanciano, and other teams, just retired a few months ago, we are the first one to offer him a gig

I resign folks like Ruud van Nistelroojj and Sebastian Renouard. In fact I make offers to retain most of my current allotment of coaches.

Barcelona fire their HC.

Am I willing to accept a job interview at Barcelona? Yes!

I get a couple of offers for my players. One is from OM for Milic. He hasn’t been great, but he suffices. I’m not sure I want to move him. Give me enough money and I’ll sell him all day long. This isn’t that. I offer 2 mill for him, his min release clause. That I’d do. They want less. I offer 500k now, and 1.5 mill in installments for a year. E eventually do 1.5 mill, a clause for 100k after 30 games, and 50% of his next transfer fee.

The next offer is for Oliver from Lyonnais. He’s got a min fee of 18 mill. They are offered 3.1 upfrot and some other junk. Tell you what, I’ll off you the 18 mill, and we are good to go. They choose to walk away. Oliver wants an improved deal, and I offer him a few thousand more.

Ibrahim grew a lot from his hook up with Van Persie.

OM offers for Bamford. He has 17.5 mill min release. I offer that, they pull out. Bamford is upset, but after I explain that the finances weren’t right, he’s okay.

Barca did not hire me

I offer Ingason as well. I offer him for 2.2 mill. Getafe and I dicker down to 1.5 mill.

I sell Milic.

Juventus, who’s HC was hired by Barcelona, hired the guy fired by Barca.

One interesting thing. Morales is about to be Spanish. Younger folk apparently don’t need as long as others. So I hold off on him for now.

We make 1.5 mill.

I need to find a replacement for him.

I transfer list Denilson

Who do I have that’s coming up soon I may want to lock down?

We are freeing up spots for Van Persie, GK Barrio, MC Vazzuqez, Nadjib, and then the leaving Milic and I have listed Denilson and Ingason

ST Jorge Mesa got his first cap for Bolivia

Oliver pens his new deal with us. We now pay him 29k/week.

Anyone else I want to resign now?

These folks are in the last year of their deals – Anaba, Osmar, Junca, Ndi,Morales.

Junca wasn’t there. Anaba has someone interested Cordoba in the next league down. I offer him for transfer. He’s a backup and not that good anyways.

Deal with Ingason and Getafe agreed to.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I want to start finding depth in some places, and a star DL. What’s out there?

I start with folks on free stuff. There;s a middle guy named Alan Dzagoev for free who’s amazing, but I don’t need another top flight guy, I don’t have the starts. He;s 29 as well Not exactly my unusual suspect

Alright, DL….hmmm….Lazio have a DL wonderkid, Italian, both are on the U Italy squads together. Seems like that might be a interesting choice, but this guy would be pricey. Perhaps all of my money pricey. He’s one of the best ones around. We agree to an offer of 9 mill. I know. But, again, targeted additions to my squad are how you push it

I make an offer to him.

Just one more wonderkid on my roster would push me hard. I massage my budget to cover

Alright, contract done, and he’ll be joining us soon. You’ll like him. Both him and our free middie are both looking pretty young, hot, and sexy

I need to get new physios in a week when the old ones leave. I also will have two scouts leaving I need to deal with

Anyone coming free I like for depth?

Alright, can I find a GK Barrio?

Got it. GK Giacomo Nava, will sign backup deal, 22 years old, Italian. We offer 2k deal, they accept. That was quick and perfect, he’s actually better than Barrio.

Who else?

I make offers to some youthers out there. I find a great Ivorian St named Marc Zeze.

I feel like we’ll be good with the Strikers I have. And I’m bringing back our own Melillan guy for a spell.

The next thing I’m looking for is DC depth

What about Chidiebere Nwakali, 22 years old, over at Man City? He’s interested in rotation, and he hads the skillset down. Only issue is that I could rotate in Mr Nigeria when my African DCs move out for international, as he is on the Nigerian International Squad.

Anyone else? What about an older guy looking for one last gasp who can tutor my young guys? Anyone out there like that? Gary Cahill from Chelsea want’s too much, what about Celta’s Gustavo Cabral? Last year, playing in th e liga, he had 32 starts, and 6.89 rating. Not amazing, but a lot of experience. Another option might be Mexer, a 30 year old Mozambican and French guy who’s had a lto of starts, and would be happy with a rotation role. I like Cahill the most, but I don’t have the cash. Welshman James Chester?

For a generic backup, Nwakali is the best option. To have coverage in case of African folks heading out for internationals at the same time, he’s not. I like Cabral. He knows the league, he’s experience and can tutor someone as well.

I make an offer to Nwakali. I need an Ingason, a generic, strong DC.

I negotiate a deal.

Now, what about a Milic replacement. A generic, solid, can play everything guy? Although Junca can sub at DL, and I have Nwakali at D C/R. I think we’re good here in the defense for now.

Offers accepted for Denilson

Let’s move forward and see where we are at.

Marc Zeze agrees to join us

We’re going on an Italian Tour for friendly season

GK Nava agrees to join us. Nwakali comes in

Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #167
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s June 30. Any major changes?

Anyone else out there for me to bring in. Any hotnesses?

I make staff offers to Uruguayan Federico Martinez, Physio. I make an offer to Bolivian international player Mauricio Saucedo as my Head Physio. I make an offer to studly Belgian Scout Stan Van den Buijls and another to Algerian scout Samir Amireche.

Our ST Ruben Martinez won a prize for 2nd place Top Goalscorer of the league for Llagostera.

I make an offer to Greek Coach Vangelis Moras to take the reigns of my U19 squad.

I offer scout and ex-player of ours, Arriaga, a role as my chief scout, which opens a space for Polish Artur Boruc. I offer Ivorian Yaya Toure my Ass Man role for the U19 squad

Our new folks:

Let’s start with the big one first:

Media-described wonderkid DL Domenico Cecchi, Italian, Value 6 mill, signed for 27k/week, get ready – 19 years old,

Physicals? 17/15 speed, 17 fitness, 14 agility, 15 strength, 16 stamina, 13 balance, 9 jumping – all good

Technical – 14 cross, 15 pass, 14 tackling, marking, 13 long throws, first touch, 12 technique, 11 long shots, 10 finish, dribbling, 9 head. Good stuff already, particularly in ball distribution.

Mentals? 19 determination. 17 brave, aggress, work rate, 16 teamwork, 14 position, 13 decisions, composure, vision, 12 anticipation, concentration, 11 off the ball, 10 flair, 6 leader Very good already

He’s a very strong player who should get better according to all of my scouts and such. Again, I like to make one big addition each year to fill a gap massively once we’re in a good place. Well, we’re in a good place.

Lewis Cook, 20.5k/week, 4 year, 7 mill, 22 years old, English, DMC, MC, AMC, ML. Speed? 14/14, 15 balance, agility, fitness, stamina, and 12 str. And 10 jump. 11 Cross, 16 pass, 14 dribb, 15 tackle, technique, long shots, 13 finish, 14 1st touch, 10 head, mark is 11. Mental? Everything in double digits – aggression is 10, leadership is 11, and concentration and flair are 13, and the rest is at least 14.

Our coaches and scouts loved him. Leading player for Liga. Fits in. versatile. Good team player. Resolute. Etc.

GK Giacomo Nava is 2k/week, backup, 2 years, 220k value, and our coaches thing he’s roughly even with Villar. However they feel he’s mostly developed, unlike Ivan VIllar.

ST Marc Zeze is a Ivorian 18 year old youther we just singed. He has some places to gerow, but he’s just 18, and since Ivory Coast is part of the Contonu agreement, we can bring him in and give him a chance to develop.

And finally.

Chidiebere Nwakali, 22 years old, Nigerian, 3 years, rotation, 14.25k/week, 2.8 mill, DR C, DMC, WB R, he;s fine 12/14 speed, 14 head, 13 cross.13 pass, 14 mark, 15 tack, 16 strength, 15 aggression, anticipation. 14 concentration, decisions, but just 9 determination, not great at jumping ,and such. He’sa little one-dimensional at times.

And those are our 5 additions. Obviously this class is about Cook and Cecchi.

Nwakali -

Why Man City's Chidiebere Nwakali remains a promising talent

Can't find Giacomo Nava in much of antyhing, sorries.

Giacomo Nava - player profile - Transfermarkt

G. Nava: "C'è una grande emozione ad essere qua a Bardonecchia, ma mi sono trovato subito molto bene" - Sampdoria News

Cook -

Lewis Cook (footballer, born 1997) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cook is strong now a days

Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A lot of media think I overpaid for Cecchi. I don’t think so, but we’ll see.

The 9 mill we paid for Cecchi is clearly a big one for us, and a record.

I want to check in with a few of my ex-loanees.

How’s DR/L Antonio Jesus Diaz looking? Nah. He’s always been more hope that success during my tenure.

Algerian ST Said Meddour? Work in process. I offer him out for loans.

How’s Bruno Souto? He’s pretty good, he’s Spanish now, so I can use him as a backup or something else on my team without any push back, and he’s fine. He needs a little more development. I offer him out

Fernando Gomes is back. He’s growing, still needs work, and I offer him out.

Remember Jose Antonio? He’s been with us for a few years, came through our youth team, was the sol bright light. He’s getting a little better here and there, but he also needs some development. I move him to my senior squad. We may need him for something else. The EURO’s homegrown players

Another home-grown guy is ST Jesus Angel Ortega, the only good one that year, and he’s pretty solid. He’s almost good enough to push. I’ll leave him in my senior squad for now as well.

French DC Dotte is my 4th or 5th option now, and I make him unavailable for loaning out

Uh oh!

I just got a major offer for Bamford so good I am forced to accept it. Well that’ll be annoying.

I make an offer to lock in Sayed.

I reject an offer for Ouattara from Paris for being too small, and we renegotiate a first team deal.

Denilson signs for Santa Cruz out in Brazil

Patrick Bamford heads out. I bring in a ton of transfer cash

Now where do I hunt up a replacement?

I‘ve always found that good quality Striking is easier to find that a lot of people are willing to admit.

The first place I look is to see if there are any hot options out there. There is a nasty one, Juan Iturbe, 16, very, very strong, but he’s not interested in singing with me, and has an offer from a German club already. What about Wayne Rooney? He wants too much money, no agreement there.

Another option is to use this transfer cash I just got to head out and find and pick up a young wonderkid ST who’s going to set the world on fire. I wish I could get my Croatian ST but that won’t happen.

I think we’ll be fine with Dong-Hyuk as one of my main guys, and Morales and my youthers.

But I am swimming in cash. Is there a wonderkid at another place I can grab?

Let’s scout these ST youth and see.

Whoa!

Never mind. Guess who is now interested, for the first time ever, in joining our club according to my latest scout report? ST Mladen Mance, the Croatian wonderkid ST who plays for Basel in Switzerland. I’ve made offers for him before, and Basel accepted but he didn’t. He;s been on my radar for a while. Basel has kept folks at bay, but I;m in

I negotiate an offer of 11 mill

I agree to a deal with Mance. Let’s see what happens

We make 14.89 mill from TV rights this season and are expected to get mid table finish

I rejects offers for Ouattara and Sayed, and both sign their deals to recommit to the club

I ask for an affiliate club to send our folks out on loan, and I convince them to do o.

I choose the Belgium club of Lierse.

Y’all ready for this

Mladen Mance and the crap ton of money heading Basel’s way is done!

The club is unhappy that Mance left, and yet they are happy about the cash. Meanwhile, our supporters love the move.

Get ready for the guy that’s smash you away:

20 years old, Croatian, Mladen Mance, ST, 33k.week, four years, first team, worth 14 mill.

Physicals – 16/18 speed, 16 agi, 14 stamina, 13 str, balance, 11 fitnes, 6 jump

Tech – 16 long shots, finish, 1st touch, 15 dribble, 14 head, technique, 11 cross, pass

Mentals – 18 off theball, flair, 17 anticipation, 16 determin, decisions, composure, 14 aggress, work rate, 13 brave, 12 teamwork, concentration, 11 ision, 9 lead, 8 position

Smart, savvy, skilled, young, 12 caps, 7 goals, Our coaches think he is very well suited to Liga football, determined, professional, fast, and non-versatile. He speaks Italian, Croatian, and German. I sign a random Croatian unsigned youther to two years to help Mance acclimate.

That is a major addition

Mance in Euro 21 Dream, Team Subs

Old 03-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My squad thus far:

GK Seung-Gyu, Villar, Nava

DC Diallo, Ouattara, Nwakali, Dotte

DR Ragazzi

DL Cecchi, Junca

Nwakali can play DR, and youther Ntsume as well if I want to rely on him more.

DMC Osmar, Cook

MC Sayed,

MR/ML – Oliver, Jae-Hwan, Lanzini, Ndi, Ibrahim

Cook can play MC, ML as well; Jae-Hwan MC, Oliver MC,

Lanzini and Oliver can play ST as well

ST Morales, Mance, Dong-Hyuk, youthers Zeze, Jesus Angel Ortega and perhaps Bolivan ST Jorge Mesa

That gives me 22 players.

I could add another. Not anywhere near my crowded midfield.

Our folks return. Our coaches recommend, with our player pool, to shift to a 4-3-3 2DM so there’s 4 back, 2 DM – Cook and Osmar, and then the centere MC for Sayed, and the flankers are pushed forward into AM RL spots, and the Mance up top. I have my guys learn it and drop the 3-5-2, which I never use anyways.

After bringing in coaches and suh, we now have 4.5 stars in GK Shot stopping, str, tactics, and attacking

I set up friendlies with teams like Sparta Prague, Club Brugge, and Real Betis.

I transfer Michael Anaba to Sporting

There are a few players available on a free that interest me. The most is GK Roman Burki, 28 years old, the starter for the Swiss national team, and a very good starter. In fact, our scouts like Burki a little more than Kim Seung-Gyu. Now there are a few GKs out there that are looking like awesome wonderkids I have on my radar, including two German ones. But this guy is good and I could bring him in for free right now.

Now there are a few good reasons to move on from Seung-Gyu

1). Kim was about the 6th or 7th best GK in the league last year in every major stat other than saves held. That’s fine, and I don’t have any issues with it, but he’s not a take-it-to-the-next-level sort of body. This is an improvement I can make, right now, to make my GK a little better. If I stop two or three more goals this year, can I get those two wins? Roman is a little better

2). By moving off Kim and embracing Roman, I make a little transfer money. There are a few teams interested in Kim I could move.

3) By moving off Kim, I can free up a crucial non-EU spot for another person on my team. For now that could be ST Jorge Mesa of Boliva. In the future it could be anyone of serious value.

4). My starting 11 are probably going to have Kim Seung-Gyu, Yoon Dong-Hyuk, and Yoon Jae-Hwan on my team. All are on the South Korean international team. Anytime that team is called up, the trio would be gone. This becomes increasingly important with Cup, League, and Europe games as well on the calendar.

Now, there are a few reasons not to:

1). It’s fun to have three Korean players for my team

2). Moving off Kim now for a free vet means I can’t move off Kim later. One of the places I see for improvement long-term is a stud GK or a wonderkid. Roman isn’t a mega-stud at the position. Moving to Roman now commits me to him for longer than it would take to improve the position more

3). Kim works. I don’t know if Roman would. I can’t pay both or have both on my roster taking up valuable space, cash, and such. If I bring in Roman, I have to commit to the strategy early, and move Kim at the earliest opportunity. What if Roman is worse? What if Roman has the same stats and isn’t an improvement? What if I jump through all of these hoops and delay my potential GK stud-ness for later all to give myself a new contract on a new player that I can’t really use or buy my way out of without a big transfer kitty.

I don’t know what to do. I’m unsure.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In what ways is Roman better?

He’s better mentally, they are the same age, there are some gk Tech where Roman is better – ball distribution, and reflexes but Kim is better in the air – better aerial reach, just jumping reach, and command of area and communication.

But with better ball distribution, reflexes, and mental stats, it seems like Roman is better.

There are clubs out there looking to bring in Kim.

I make Roman an offer. If I want, I can play him in some friendlies and such, get a feel for him.

Plus lots of big clubs have two great keepers. Barcelona have this 20 year old Italian GK named Gianluigi Donnarumma who is one of the 20 best GKs and he’s a backup to their starter. I Make an offer to Roman. I’m not 100% sure that I can get a wonderkid like Althof later. I only know of 4 or 5 wonderkid GKs right now. ALthof and Donnarumma are two. Brazil has 18 year old Matheus and Mario, and then there’s Spain’s own Adolfo Cruz. That’s it – those are the five I’m aware of. Italy, Germany, Brazil, Brazil, and Spain. 6 actually, I just scouted Yamil Luna, Argentinian, he count

Offer is made

I make an offer to Cameroonian scout. Pedro Fernandez of Venezuela. Finnish scout Juho Makela Kujovic. Norwegian scout Rune Lange, Danish scout Kenneth Brylle.

Physio Moto Watanabe joins us of Japan. I also make an offer to English Jordan Reese to be my U19 Physio.

I make an offer to Austrian DC Emanuel Poagtetz toe leave the pitch and join us as a U19 coach

A bunch of my staff offers begin to arrive.

I have these nationalities covered – Japan, Morocco, Spain, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, England, Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, USA, Netherlands, Italy, Romania, Ukraine, Cape Verde, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Uruguay, Turkey, Nigeria, Venezuela, Denmark, Norway, Algeria, Austria, Finland.

That’s a lot of nations. I’d love to get Russia, South Korea, Australia, other major African sides among others. Maybe Scotland/Ireland.

The board approach me and offer me a new contract. I accept. One of my new hires at scout now has some serious youth talent in their first scouting report. Huh

Teni Yeria, of Cameroon, was with some clubs in Belgium, and he has an interesting person to put on my plate

16 year old ST Frederick Verbeke of Club Brugge who is supposedly a major future star for Belgium football. He is intetesed in joing us, and would be pretty solid. We love hi and think he’s strong, but Club Brugge aren;’t going to budge off him cheaply. Still I toss him on a shortlist. Just like fellow Belgium stud DC Louis Mputu who has been on my radar for a long time.

Brugge start at 15 mill for Verbeke on an enquiry. I could probably dial them back to 10 or so, but I don’t have the cash for that right now. And I’m good on the ST front anyways. I still like Mputu a lot tough as a potential replacement for Diallo long term.

I negotiate 1.6 mill for Seung-Gyu with Fenerbache

Say hello to GK Roman Burki!

Phy – 14/9speed, 13 jump, 16 fitness, str, 15 balance, 13 stam

Tech – 14 Aerial, communication, handling, 17 rushign out, kicking, 16 refelxes 13 command fo area, 12 friest touch, 11 ecc, 10 passing

Mental- 17 brave, composure, 16 aggression, anticipation, determination, 15 position, team, 14 decisions, 12 lead, concentration, 10 work rate

Strong mental game, better ball distribution that Kim, and worse at a few things like jumping, speed, aerial, command, and work rate. Salary is 40k/week, for four years, and he’s coming in worth 15 mill. I think we’d all agree he’s upgrade. Never settle.

Always push yourself to greatness. My fans love his signing. It’s rare they endorse a free guy this fully.

Just for fun, I go on vacation and then head to bed

I’ll be back I finished 8th if I did;t touch anything.

Morales finishes his paperwork application and will be Spanish officially.

Burki -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_B%C3%BCrki

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #171
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I feel like we are in a really good place. I’m cheating-ish. I download the FM app FM Genie Scout to review the current and potential abilities of my folks, and I just want to show you where they are today. I’m not opening them up or anything massive, just a basic PA and CA for my various folks, to give you an idea of where we are - Here let’s take a gander:

As of July 18, 2019

I just filter only Melilla players on GS and sort by pa and ca.

Mladen Mance – 146/191
Yoon Jae-Hwan – 158/187
Roberto Ragazzi – 140/186
Domenico Cecchi - 138/179
Yoon Dong-Hyuk – 133/179
David Ibrahim – 125/170
Oliver – 150/169
Guy Ouattara – 141/163
Manuel Lanzini – 149/160
Lewis Cook – 150/159
ST Jorge Mesa 103/159
Chidiebere Nwakali – 129/159
Maselaelo Ntsume – 81/158
GK Roman 156/159
Daniel Ndi -118/154
Jesus Angel Ortega – 98/153
Ahmed Sayed – 143/153
Ibrahim Diallo – 137/150
Ivan Villar – 116/149
ST Marc Zeze – 85/149
MC Jose Antonio – 89/138
Wilson Morales – 123/130
Osmar – 130/130
David Junca – 124/129

Others of note:

David Vazquez – 86/110
Van Persie – 115/180
GK Giacomo Nava – 118/135
Yuther Matthew Adelson – 116/133
Youther ST Jorge Gil – 76/141
Youther DC French Bissafi Dotte, 113/131

Recently left:

Kim Seung-Gyu – 145/145
Patrick Bamford 141/155
Antoniio Milic 129/139
Ingason – 140/143

You can see why players like Junca and Morales have been on my short list and struggled last year with this. Players who did very well in the Liga for us are at least in the 140s. My best players statistically, still here, were Sayed,Jae-Hwan, Lanzini, Ouattara, Diallo, and Ragazzi, with GK Seung-Gyu solid. You can see the value there. You can see players like David Ibrahim, the “next Finidi George” looks really good after some games and tutelage by Van Persie, and Ndi has never really hit that potential, despite a lot more work and starts for us. My three major additions, Cook,Mance, and Cecchi were scouted, and looked really good pre-signings. No concerns there at all, right?

So it seems like the 140 line is roughly where players start playing well here. Obviously that’s not the true story, some players with good Pa never develop, and some stats are more important than others.

So here is the CAs only of the top 13 players for Real Madrid, that are 160 or above, just as an example

Ronaldo 187
Isco – 180
Toni Kroos 176
James Rodriguez – 175
Varane – 174
Morate – 167
Reus – 165
Ramos 165
Danile 164
Acensia 164
Kovacacic 163
Navas 162
Odegaard 160

They acan afford a team this good with their sheer money

How many players over 160 does A Madrid have?

Koke 174
Griezmann 166
Jackson Martinez 163
Diego Gode 160

Just the 4. And they won the Liga. They have 11 more players in the 50s, and 5 in the 140s.

But you can do very well with that level of talent?

Barca?

Messi is 193, Neymar, 191, then 180, 177 for Suarez, ,and then 6 players in the 160s, 7 in the 50s, and 5 in the 40s. They are top heavy and weaker at the bottom.

Now You can see the issues obviously, but in two years, if my various wonderkids have all grown, and I keep adding in talent like Cook or Lanzini for free, my club is going to have a lot of 160, 170, 180 level players too. I have positioned myself.

Now, let’s not forget that Spain have those three heavy teams. What about the others? Let’s grab a quick look at three teams – Celta, Villarreal, and Atletic Bilbao

Celta – 151, 144, 144, 143, 143, 140, 139, 137, 134, 134, 131 – Top 11 scores – finished 4th last year

Villarreal – 150, 149, 146, 146, 144, 143, 142, 142, 141, 138, 137 – Top 11 scores, finished with the same number of points last year as us, but down one spot at #7.

AB – 156, 154, 148, 147, 142, 142, 141, 137, 134, 132,132, Top 11

So they are all some fo the best non-Big Three and they are all roughly the same in currents

How about lesser names?

Espanyol – 149, 146, 141, 139, 137, 135, 134, 130, 129 128, 127

Deportivo – 135, 135, 134, 133, 131, 125, 123, 122, 122, 120, 119

Cadiz – 123, 119, 119, 118, 117, 115, 114, 113, 112, 112, 111,

Getafe – 139, 136, 134, 133, 133, 132, 130, 129, 129, 128, ,126

Malaga – 148, 141, 138, 138, 135, 134, 134, 133, 132, 132, 130, 128

As you can see, there’s a real have and have not, and we are already mainly in the have section. And since many of my best are getting better, we’re going to really push folks around. Finishing 6t last year was clearly not a mistake or punching too high when you look at these numbers broken down.

No, we’re aren’t in the top three conversation yet. But soon? We could be. We can grow into it.

The top ten players in Spain right now play for Barca, Barca, Real M, Barca, Real M, Bar, RM, AM, RM, Barca.

But by potential (and not using players well past their mark, like Van Persie or Andres Iniesta)?

Barca – Messi
Real – Dani Perez
Real – Ronaldo
Barca – Neymar
Melilla – Mance
Barca – Luis Suarez
Melilla – Jae-Hwan
Melilla – Ragazzi
Real Oviedo – Javier Garcia
Real - Isco

That’s pretty good.

We are in a good place for the future of stuff

I have wonderkids at

ST Mance
Midfield – Jae-Hwan
DC Ouattara
DR Ragazzi
DL Cecchi
And perhaps ST Dong-Hyuk
And perhaps winger David Ibrahim

That’s easy to build around. I can get one/two more each year. Next would be perhaps a wonderkid GK (Dortmund have one I’ve scouted that’s just amazing and he’s just turned 18, he would love to sign for us, and Dortmund are the issue though – named of Lukas Althof). I’ve found lots of wonderkids, it’s signing them that’s the hard part. DC Louis Mputu in Belgium, ST Samad Seidi in the Netherlands, I missed a massively awesome deal. A small Belgium club got a god of a player. At 18, he’s one of the best young players I’ve ever seen this early. The club let him go on a free, and Liverpool signed him with 6 months to spare. Had we found him, I could have traded or moved or something for him. I would have moved the heavens for him – Matteo Peeters. He’s now worth 37mill for Liverpool at the age of 19. He came from Leirse, which is why I’m setting up a link there!

Anyway, let’s close this down before I start to cheat. And no, I’m not adding Javier Garcia to my “To purchase” list. (He was already in my shortlist)

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-24-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:19 AM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m still looking for a smidge more depth. I scout a few folks.

I sell Seung-Gyu officially to Fenerbache for 1.8 mill

We have our opening friendly. We win 1-0.

Our board let me know that they also hooked up with Metalurg Donetesk in Ukraine as another affiliate of ours.

I hook up new GK Roman Burki to tutor a youth GK I have. There are a couple of older 33 year old fullbacks out there for free that would give me solid coverage. One is Japanese Yuto Nagatomo, who was with Inter for more than a decade and gained Italian citizenship. The other English/Brazilian Ramries.

I also Lanzini to tutor MC Jose Antonio and Morales with youther ST Jesus Angel Ortega

We bring in….

D, WB, M RL Yuto Nagatomo, 32 years old, Japanese International with 81 caps, Italian as well, 35k/year, two year deal, worth 1.6 mill, our coaches rave – poor in air, and versatile, good player for liga, determined, fits in, high work rate, experienced, light hearted and jovial, good team player and good with either foot . I’m a drop him to rotation soon. He’s a solid addition that was brought in for a few reasons, one to be a better backup on the sides that the weak Junca, and another to be a mentor to my youther fullbacks. He can also play some DC if needed, where he’s “competent”. Although with his low head/jump, that’s not ideal. After Inter dropped him, it pissed him off, and now he’s not interested in going back. He’s great mentally, sold technically (pass of 14, cross of 14, dribb of 14, tack 13, mark 13, etc) and adequate physically.

I give him my final of the 25 registration spots

I offer a coach role to Russian Vasily Berezutskiy, a ex-player who’s 37 and has more than 100 caps. We are his first club post-playing days, and I like him. We get Ball Control to 4.5 stars after his arrival

I need another fitness coach. Someone who can ease the pressure on the other two I have. How about Slovakian Jozef Piacek? Nah, too pricey for a fitness coach. Hmm.. Got it ,Korean Han Jae-WOong.

Paris St Germain made an offer for ST Ortega, I refused it outright

Ortega signs a new deal.

Friendly #2 – We win 2-0

I scout all of the Dream Team for the Euro U21 squad.

I make an offer to lock down David Ibrahim for longer on hot prospect. I also make an offer to lock down French ST Armand Combes for another 4 years hot prospect.

End of July –

Good training with ST Ortega, Jose Antonio and Dong-Hyuk.

Nagatomo -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuto_Nagatomo

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:53 AM   #173
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I loan Combes to Cadiz to get some 1st team play

I loan VIllar out to Almeria

Friendly #3 – We beat Napoli in their home 2-1.

I decide ot loan out Jorge Mesa for a season to Girona

Friendly #4 – We win 5-1 on the road vs Messina . 1 goal and 1 assist by Ibrahim and 2 goals by Jesus Angel Ortega after I sub him in. Very happy with that!

I know it’s preseason, but I just went into Italy and won against two Serie A teams by a collective score of 7-2.

Friendly #5 – We win 3-1, scores by Mance, Ortega, and Morales. We’re ready

I retain my captains

Match 1 vs Desportivo – I have been running Mladen Mance as a advanced forward and we’ll be trying out Dong-Hyuk as a support complete forward. Jae Hwan is suspended from the end of the last match last year, so Oliver is starting at the MR spot. We have Cecchi in the DL spot. We are hosting and favored. You’ve got this! In the first 13 minute, Desportivo are the ones with momentum and an attack we push away. Ragazzi launches a deep cross for Dong-Hyuk who scores in the 32nd. This is his first match for us too. They score back just before the half. We can still win! Our foes with two cards. We are pushing but it’s turned aside. I slide to control. First sub is Junca for Cecchi. Osmar with a yellow. I pull him for recent signee Cook. They forced an attack away, corner kick. Lanzini lines up, finds Ragazzi, who slides the ball to Dong-Hyuk behind goal for the score in the 77th. Final sub is Ibrahim for Lanzini after he gets a yellow card. We win 2-1, MOM is Yoon Dong-Hyuk, in his debut for us senior team. Good win!

Dong-Hyuk in Team of Week

Old 03-25-2016, 02:33 AM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dotte comes to me and wants to get loaned out, but my plan was to have him as one of my subs, so I decide to look now and see if that works. We’ll use him as my primary sub at the DC role for the next few games and see how he performs – if he does well, then no need loaning him, if not, then yes, it seems pretty important.

I accept an offer to loan out ST Marc Zeze

I loan out a bunch of my top-drawer youth, like Ntsume, DL Adelson, and ST Jorge Gil

I have enough space to register Vazquez and Van Persie, who are on month to month deals

End of August –

Good training – Ouattara, Ibrahim, Dong-Hyuk

September –

Sept 1 – Away vs Celta
Sept 14 – Home vs At. Madrid
Sept 22 – Away vs Granada
Sept 25 – Home vs Levante
Sept 29 – Away vs Barcelona

Sept 19 is when the first EURO Cup Group Stage is set to begin

Game 2 vs Celta – Jae-Hwan back in at MR. Good luck out there! I begin defensively. Boring game early, no major moves es by us, just playing defense. Then a triple strike of love is turned aside in the 20s but nothing else emanates. Ouattara booked. Celta has a player as well. Half. You can still win! We begin to dominate this match, and over the next 15 minutes, nothing but strong shots, and such, and we have 11 shots, 8 on target, by the 60th minute, but not goals to show. Dotte heads in for Ouattara. Let’s see what he’s got. Osmar finds Sayed on an attacking run, he slips the ball to Mance who finds Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 64th. They get another yellow and have a player send off a minute later as they argued with the ref inappropriately that the goal was offsides. Lewis Cook for Lanzini. Morales heads in. We win 1-0, MOM is Sayed. Well done!

I register my squad for the EURO Competition

I get 2.4 mill for the Euro cash

Our Group:

CSKA Moscow
Young Boys
Mainz
Us

Our scouting is really good. We have a 57% world knowledge right now.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:28 AM   #175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In my earlier dynasty as Madeira, I had a wonderkid fullback come through my ranks and I developed him into the best fullback in the world. One of the keys to that was bringing in mentors, and singing them, so I have done the same a bit with my Japanese guy. He’s Italian too, and both of my wonderkid fullbacks are as well.

Game 3 vs At. Madrid – I start Cook today at the ML spot. I want to get a feel for him in that role. Is that something he can do or bring? Our foes just drubbed Real Betis 4-0. At least we’re home. We’re still not expected to win though. Here we go! They foul us a few times and collect some early bookings ,but neither team looks tidy in front of goal. We can still win! Still quiet. Our pressures are quickly converted to corners which aren’t going anywhere. Nagatomo for Cecchi. Then Ibrahim for Cook. Dotte for Ouattara. Game, 0-0 draw. MOM is Sayed. Good result.

EURO Game 1 – Home vs Young Boys – Today is the first game of the Melilla North African invasion of European Football. Today is the day we assert ourselves and send a clarion call to all of Europe. Africa is here! I begin controlling. For the fans! Early momentum is not ours, I slide back to standard. They score in the opening 17 minutes, and then we calm down. Sayed sinks a DKF I the 33rd. Half. You can do this! Get those three points! I sub in Ortega for Mance. Dotte for Diallo. Ouattara with a card. Nwakali for him. Game, 1-1 tie. MOM is Sayed. We should have won that one.

That was a missed opportunity. Mainz defeated CSKA Moscow, if we had won arguably the easiest game (home vs Young Boys) then we would have had a strong shot.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 4 vs Granada - I move Nagatomo to start for Ragazzi. I also put in Morales for Mance. Early on, off a counter, JaeHwan finds Morales for a score. We force some nice tackles away from the box and aren’t given away any gifts. No cards for either team, and we are up at the half. We have 3 shots, 2 on target, and they 2 and 1. So pretty quiet as you can see. Don’t get complacent out there! We allow a score off a nice cross in the 68th, and I send in Ibrahim and Dotte to help. Cook in for a tired Osmar. But nothing. 1-1 tie. MOM is Sayed. Unlucky!

I want to be fair to Ndi. We’ve been together a while. He’s last in my plans at the wings these days, so I give him a backup role. I also slide a few players to first team from key, and then Junca to backup from rotation.

Sayed in Team of Week.

Game 5 – Home vs Levante. I have some tired players. Sayed is tired, and I send in Oliver for him. Today is also the day for Dotte to prove himself, and I move him into the starting lineup for Ouattara. We’re favored vs Levante. Keep the run going! We allow a score in the 5th minute. Hmmm…. We injure their star striker in the 25th. I move to control to break us out of this malaise an d we actually begin to push the ball forward, wonder of wonders. Half. I expect a much better half from you! Dotte not looking good so I send in Nwakali In heads Ortega for Mance, and then a tired Osmar comes out for Cook. In the 86t minute, Jae-Hwan crosses to Lanzini on an attack run who scores and ties it. Then a minute later they foul us outside of the box and Lanzini steps up, and sinks the DFK in the 89th! We win 2-1 with a great comeback, and Lanzini is clearly MOM. In the pres, GK Burki credits my talk as inspiring them to victory.

We’re doing fine points wise, 3 wins, 2 ties thus far. 11 points in 5 games and we are 4th in the Liga. But we aren’t doing much scoring. We have won 2-1, 1-0, 0-0, 1-1, 2-1. We’ve scored 6 goals and allowed 3. I move Mance to hot prospect. Less pressure that way.

Game 6 – Away vs Barcelona. Ready for our streak to end? I start today Morales, Sayed, Nagatomo, Ouattara, for Mance, Oliver, Dotte, and Ragazzi. We’ll be defensive, obviously. Pick up where you left off! Lanzini is injured in the 40th after a quiet half. I send in Cook. Half. Keep it up! Mance heads in for a horrible Morales. Messi scores from a Neymar assist in the 60th. Cecchi a booking, and I send in Ragazzi and switch them on the pitch with Nagatomo. They score again in the 79th. And then again in the 83rd. Diallo booked. Then they sort of lay off, and Mance is given a nice pass by Dong-Hyuk and runs at the goal and fires a shot one on one on their keeper and sinks it in the 89th. We lose 3-1. Far from pleased!

Lanzini is out for 6-7 weeks with strained knee ligaments.

End of Sept –Jae-Hwan, Ibrahim, and a youhter of mine were all good in training

Old 03-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October –

Oct 3 – Away vs Mainz – EURO
Oct 6 -Home vs Athetic Bilbao
Oct 20 – Away vs Cadiz
Oct 24 – Home vs CSKA Moscow, EURO
Oct 27 – Home vs Real Betis
Oct 30 – Away vs Villarreal

Lanzini and Mance were in Team of Week Subs, and Lanzinis goal was 3rd best of the week

Guy Ouattara and Junca really got on well on and off the pitch, and Ouattara learned a lot.

EURO Vs Mainz – Cook starts for Lanzini today. Good luck! Sayed starts a drive and after some nice passes, they just miss the shot on our end. They score in the 12th minute. Well, not one said that that we would shut them out in their own place I suppose. I order up some changes to get more shots.. Then they score against in the 25th. Uh oh. We have 2 and 0 shots on that, and they 5 and 4 . change up our rhythem, tighter marking, move to hard tackling for about ten minutes to mess with their flow, and then swap folks on the field, like my ST’s role. Half, we’re down 2-0. Show me something else! We blast out, and thins are looking a bit better. We’re keeping them from closing on goal, we’re getting shots. But nothing is sinking. I send in Ragazzi for Cecchi after he gets a yellow card, and then Mance for Morales and finally Ibrahim for Cook. In the 87th minute, Dong-Hyuk tackles the ball from a defender, breaks free and scores. Very nice individual merit! Well that’s something, that makes the game a lot interesting. And then in extra time….he does again! Ibrahim hits him for a score. Ibrahim intercepted a midfield pass, and found Dong-Hyuk on an attack run. We tie 2-2, and that was a nice comeback. Moscow won.

I sign Younis Mahmoud to join us as a U19 coach. He’s got some solid stats, like 15 ATT Coach, 14 Mental and Working with Youngsters, and 11 or 10 in Determination, Adapt, Discipline, and Motivating

Juan Luis, who was late on a game once in April after coming how late of a bar, just did so again. Last time I warned him, this time I fine him 1 weeks salary. He’s “shocked” to find out what we do to him.

Game 7 vs AB – Today we start Oliver at ML not Cook, and Ragazzi is back in the DR spot. Whenever I Get a scout result that tells me there is no specific preparation that would be need, I always work on attacking set pieces instead. I slide Mance back in too. Good luck! We begin with a long Bilbao invasion for a while, and we fend them off, ,and then slowly begin to move folks back. But nothing too major. We had a few off target shots at the end of a build up or a long shot, but nothing that good either. Half. You can still win this! We head in, and I sub in Ndi for Oliver, and then swap his spot with Jae-Hwan. Then I send in Nwakali for Cecchi. In the 73rd, Ndiis driving, crosses to Dong-Hyuk, and a defender intercedes, heads the ball away, but he’s still close and he closes and puts the ball into the goal. Dong-Hyuk breaks the tie. I slide in Jesus Miguel Ortega for Mladen Mance. In the 87th minute, off a corner kick, Sayed finds Dong-Hyuk for a shot, blocked, falls to Ortega for a score. His first of the season and first for the club. Ouattara is banged up with a leg injury late. Sayed collects a booking late and then is MM with our 2-0 selves. Good job!

Ouattara is out for around a week or so.

Bissafi Doote wasn’t super great, so I loan him out.

Ragazzi named in Team of Week

WHOA!!!

9 October –

Consortium targets Melilla Takeover

UD Melilla will name Fernando Hierro as their new head coach should their bid to take control prove successful. Consortium leader Andres Fassi hinted at the appointment to the Spanish Football Free Press. The UD Melilla board have placed an embargo upon transfers as a result of the rumors regarding a possible takeover. These restrictions will remain in place until the outcome of any takeover has been resolved.

Ummm….

Old 03-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

While on Nigerian International Duty, David Ibrahim is injured for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle and Diallo with a week with a stubbed toe during a Mali game.

I offer a job to Scottish scout John park. He signs.

Ouattara is out with a sports hernia for a month

Spanish Cup Draw Arrives – We get Real Murcia in the 4th round.

Game 8 vs Cadiz I want to give Cook a chance to see what he can bring, so I decide to bench Osmar for three games and play Cook there. That starts today. I have Nwakali starting for Ouattara, and Diallo is back from injury. Vengeance! The 3rd minute, Cadiz foul us hard, get a yellow card, and then off the free kick, we push forward, and they push us aside, and then Mance grabs it and hits Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 5th minute. Diallo a yellow. . We injured one of their players in the 21st. Oliver booked. We fire a cross in the 44th, and they handball in their box. PK And….Yoon Jae-Hwan misses. Half. 1-0 us. Keep it up! They score, and we keep bringing it. They score in the 51st. Then I sub in Junca, Osmar for DC Diallo, and finally Ndi heads in. In the 86th, Junca hits a DFK. Another penalty is given, and Osmar hits it. Another of their players is injured and forced to leave. We win 3-1 Good win!

Their two players are both out for 3 months (broken ankles). Sorry, but you had 4 yellow cards to our two, and gave away more fouls and a PK at the end with a tackle.

CUP vs CSKA Moscow – We start Morales at ST, Osmar at DC, and Cook remains at DMC. You can win this! We head out and push forward for about five minutes. That was a nice five minutes. Then the Moscow wave just hits our North African sands and begins to erode our defense and composure. Slowly, whittling away, closer and closer to goal. 15 minutes, 30 minutes, half. That was close. We can still win! After another 15 minutes, I make some changes to try and dial us back in like retaining possession and working the ball into the box and moving to a counter set up. In heads Nagatomo, Mance, and I get my first real thrust in ages in the late 70s, but nothing comes. Ortega for Morales. 7 shots for us, 2 on target, 15 for them 7 on target, and no scores. 0-0. MOM is Yoon Jae-Hwan. Mainz won too. Look, we can’t get out of this group unless we win

Mance is doing better than a lot of folks might realize. Here’s his Liga stats:

6 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 76% of shots are on target, 7.50 rating

Dong-Hyuk?

8 games, 5 goals, 3 assists, 53% on target, 7.41 rating

Mance has been fine.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game 9 vs Real Betis – This is the final game of the Cook as DMC experiment. Nagatomo is in for Ragazzi at DR, but I slide Ragazzi to DC for the wounded Ouattara. We have a tired Oliver on the left, and Ibrahim is back from injury, so I give him a start. Vengeance! We push at them hard early, so I move to control. Dong-Hyuk finds Mance for a score in the 20th. Sayed a yellow. At the half, we have 8 shots, 3 on target, to their 2 and 0. Don’t get complacent! They score in the 50th. But the Mance drives, slides the ball to Dong-Hyuk, and he scores in the 52nd. Mance had a dead leg, and I send in Ortega for him. Whenever I send in Ortega, I usually move him to Defensive Forward (his best role) and then his striker partner to an attack role (Dong-Hyuk si a complete forward support, so I give him an attack role now). My next sub is Junca for Sayed. I move some middles around to accommodate. They score on a counter in the 79th. Dang it! Osmar heads out for Diallo. I move to attacking. I want this win! N extra time, Cecchi is driving and lifts the ball to Junca coming up free behind him, who runs into space. Junca does exactly what he’s done for us so many times before, he crosses over Dong-Hyuk, who’s attacking, and Ortega, who’s driving at goal and defending, and finds Ibrahim on the far side, driving. David Ibrahim puts it away at the 90:25 mark. Back to counter! We win 3-2. MOM is Dong-Hyuk. Good win

Mance is out for a few days with the dead leg.

Like I said last year, I got a little lucky with my signings.

Ouattara was signed as my 4th option, on the last day of transfer window, and wound up owning that DC spot, and being my best one after growing hard. Dong-Hyuk was singed a nice youth prospect for depth and training, and yet, had been a great player for me thus far this year.

I got lucky

Nwakari approaches me wanting more regular soccer. I point out our great form at the moment, and tell him he’ll get a chance, and he agrees.

I mean seriously. Right now we’re 4th in the Liga, having only dropped a game to Barcelona away 3-1. In 9 games we have 20 points and a 6-2-1 record. That’s pretty smoking. The top three are the expected Barcelona and the Madrids, but we are sitting at 4, just one point behind Barca, and a full win over 5 and 6 points over #6. You don’t mess with success like this right now

After investing in the training, Nwakali can now switch the ball to the opposite flank. Like Junca did.

Dong-Hyuk named in Team of Week

Game 10 vs Villarreal. Since this is an away game vs one of the “big six (Villarreal, Valenca, Celta, the Madrids, Barca)” we’ll be playing defensively. Against the others I expect more of a counter based orientation. For today’s match, I have placed Oliver back in the ML spot. Osmar outplayed Cook in the DMC role, so he heads back in as well. I gave Cook an easy game (Cadiz) a rough game (Moscow) and a decent game (R. Betis) and Osmar was still doing better. Pick up where you left off! They get two bookings early. Osmar hits a long shots for goal in the 25th. Mance was setting up Sayed for a shot and the ball was tackled and Osmar had a moment to line up the shot with no defenders on him, just the GK on line. Pretty slow from both teams, we have 4 shots, 2 on target, and they have 5 and 1 at the half. Keep it up! We give away a penalty in the box. They score. They follow with another score super fast. It’s like someone woke up the giant. Antother goal in the 65th. I send in Cook for a suck Oliver (5.9). NWakali for Nagatomo who’s underperforming as well (6.20 ).Ibrahim heads in. We injure a foe in extra time. We lose 3-1. Got to do better!

End of October –

Training – Ortega, Jae-Hwan, and Mance impressed

Old 03-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 3 – Away vs Getafe
Nov 7 – Away vs CSKA Moscow, EURO
Nov 10 – Home vs Sevilla
Nov 24 – Home vs Elche
Nov 27 – Away vs Young Boys, EURO

I terminate a few of my youthers that are pretty bad. Like 7 of them.

Osmar agrees to tutor Nwakali

Game 11 vs Getafe – Morales starts, I want to see what Nagatomo has to bring at the wide spot, so I swap out Oliver for him, and I slide Cook at DMC and Osmar at DC for continuing coverage of Ouattara’s open spot. Good luck! It’s nice that we have such great depth that I’m able to do well despite having two starters – Ouattara and Lanzini, out. Ingason is with Getafe if you’ll recall. Yoon Dong-Hyuk finds Yoon Jae—Hwan on an attack run and that’s out only score. Pretty quiet. Don’t get complacent! We have 8 shots, 4 on target, and them 3-0. Then Sayed finds JaeHwan for another score in the 49th. Just an amazing assist by him. By the 59th minute, Getafe have made all of their subs. I push forward tempo, tackles, and marking. No cards, so I think we can get away with some harder tackling. I send in Ibrahim for Nagatomo, Ortega for Dong-Hyuk. In the 81st, Ibrahim crosses after driving all the way to the corner, and then Morales fires, it reboudns off the post to him, and then shoots and puts it away . Nwakali for Ragazzi. We win 3-0. MOM is Jae-Hwan. Very happy!

Sayed and Osmar in Tema of Week

EURO vs CSKA Moscow. Nagatomo for Ragazzi, Oliver in the ML spot, Pick up from where you left off! Nagatomo finds Morales for a scores in the 5th minute. They fire right back in the 6th. Yoon Dong0-Hyuk drives, finds Oliver on an attack, and he scores in the 20th. Yoon Jae-Hwan finds Morales for a score in the 24th. They score off a cross in the 33rd. 3-2 half. Whew! Don’t get complacent! They fire a score into the goal in the 47th. Junca for Cecchi. They score again. Then Oliver finds Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 65th, Ragazzi for Diallo. Ibrahim for Sayed. They score again the 85th. We lose 5-4, we have 19 shots, 11 on target to their 14 an 11. That was just a bizarre game. Unlucky?

That game is the highest scoring game in Melillas long history

Game 12 vs Sevilla - Manuel Lanzini is back from injury, but I want to give him some time to recuperate. He doesn’t play today. Sayed is too tired to play, and David Ibrahim starts instead. Mance back in too. Vengeance! Osmar booked very early. Nagatomo finds Oliver driving and he scores in the 12th. We push back hard. And then it’s pretty quiet. Half. Keep it u! In the 47th minute, Osmar collects another yellow and is sent off! Oh noes! I slide to a 3-1-4-2 set up and Dotte heads in for Cecchi. In the 56th, they score. Then Oliver steps up a DFK and…..sinks it in the 64th and suddenly, we’re ahead again, despite being down a man. God bless the set piece. Ortega for Yoon Dong-Hyuk. Oliver booked. Final sub I pull Oliver for Junca. They’re coming forward hard to get this last goal and at least tie it up. We win 2-1. MOM is Oliver. Whew! That was close. Good win!

Osmar is banned next match, and I have issues him a warning to knock that off.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #181
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oliver selected in Team of Week

13 Nov – The Consortium takeover fo UD Melilla is completed. Andres Fassi took it over. He sends me a message telling me that:

1) Money has been spent to continue the development of the training ground and youth facilities
2) 12.5 mill was dumped into the coffers
3) Current Board keep their current roles
4) A decision on whether or not to retain me will occur shortly

Ouattara is almost back from injury. Nwakali starts for him until he returns.

Cecchi out for 2-3 weeks with a strained stomach muscle

Ndi focuses on improving his dribbling for us.

Game 13 – v Elche. Lanzini is back. They get a pair of cards, but nothing in the first 27 minutes , Then they score a goal, but it was offside. Nope. We retaliate with a pass by Jae-Hwan to Ibrahim and he finds Mance running and Mance puts it away, score in the 33rd. 1-0 half. Keep it up! I send in Ortega, On a corner, Diallo gets the corner kick from Lanzini, centers it to Mance, who scores in the 67th minute. Dotte for Nwakali, and Ortega scores in the 82nd minute off Ibrahim cross. I send in Ndi. MAnce is MOM. 3-0 win

At the game was Hierro, the head coach the board would like to see replace me.

Morales is concussed and out for a week

We are retained as the head coach of Melilla.

The new guy offers me a new contract, and I dicker him into improving the youth recruitment of the club as well. I finalize my offer but only for one more year.

EURO Young Boys – Osmar is back, Sayed back in the middle, Nwakali and Nagatomo and such. Pick up where you left off! I start counter-style. It’s snowing here in Switzerland today. Sayed finds Mance for a score in the 14th. They cross and score in the 19th. Nwakali was poor and missed the header. On an IFK, Sayed finds Osmar for a score in the 32nd. Yoon Jae-Hwan drives, finds Yoon Dong-Hyuk for a score just before half time and we are up 3-1. Nah, goal is disallowed. Half – 2-1 us Don’t get complacent! Sayed is booked. We are having a lot of pressure turned aside on counter after counter. Oliver for Sayed, Junca for Lanzini. Jae=Hwan yellow card. They foul Dong-Hyuk in the box. Osmar sinks it in the 80th minute Dotte for an underwhelming Nwakali. In the 88th, They foul us again, and again, Osmar sinks it. That’s a hat trick – one normal score, two PKs. He’s MOM. We win 4-1.

Despite our win, we fail to qualify with one game left. Our foes are both at 10 points, and we have 6.

End of Nov –

Good training – Dong-Hyuk, Jose Antonio, and Mance

Old 03-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #182
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

Dec 1 – Away vs Mallorca
Dec 4 – Away vs Murcia, Spanish Cup
Dec 8 – Away vs Valencia
Dec 12 – Home vs Mainz, EURO
Dec 15 – Away vs Malaga
Dec 18 – Home vs Murcia, SC
Dec 22 – Home vs Espanyol

We are 2nd in the Liga right now

So we have 2 Cups, 1 Euro, and 4 Liga games this month. This is very busy

A Congolese Striker is brought to my attention, young nad good, and I make him an offer. Kudra Mwasika

Game vs Mallorca, the worst team in the liga thus far. Ouattara is back. Morales and Cecchi are still out. Lanzini is a little tired, so I send in Cook for him. Pick up where you left off! Mance fires, it’s turned aside, but they can’t control it and gets on the rebound and scores. 5th minute. Nice start. Well I’ll take it. Then Sayed feeds Dong-Hyuk for a gaol in the 36th. Yellow for Jae-Hwan. Keep it up! We have 7 shots, 3 on target, hey have 5 and 2. We were countering so they have possession. Mallorca are pushing forward hard. Diallo yellow. Nwakali for him, and Oliver for Cook. Ibrahim for Jae-Hwan. We win 2-0. MOM is Sayed. We’ll take that. Godo win!

According to the news, Dortmund are interested in Yoon Jae-Hwan and the 30 millit’d take to secure him from us

I have Benfica interested in Ragazzi, Dortmund in Jae-Hwan, Leverkusn in Sayed, and Juventus in Lanzini. Oh, and Eibar for Ortega.

Oliver will stop dictating tempo

GK Burki in Team of Week

Game 1 vs Murcia, Cup Match – I move a few folks around, Morales is back from injury, he spells Mance. Ibrahim starts ,Cook for Osmar, and Dotte for Diallo. Keep our run going! We are expected to win Quiet half. 0-0. You can win this one! We assault their goal, and I make subs. Nothing until the 87th when Oliver finds Morales for a score. We win 1-0. You got away with that one!

I sign that youth Striker, Kudra Mwasika, he’ll arrive in January

Espayol hire Hierro, the guy that was going to be my replacement here

Old 03-26-2016, 12:08 AM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game – Away vs Valencia – I need my best players in for this match. Today is my 200th game as a head coach of Melilla. Good luck! I’d defensive for this match, and we are not expected to win. No pressure, right? 21 minutes in, we don’t even have a shot yet. They move to hit us, but can’t crack out defense. Diallo with a card. 0-0 half Keep it up! They have 3 cards to our 1. Later in the 70s, we are stil holding. I sub in Cook for Nagatomo,and swap folks around to move Osmar to DC and him to DMC. Oliver in for Lanzini On an IFK in the 86th. Sayed kicks the ball, and finds Osmar on the back end for a score. Ortega heads in for Mance. We win 1-0 on a set piece against Valenica. I will take this all day long. MOM is Sayed. Burki was on fire – 10 shots on target, none fell.

That’s 5 wins in a row for us

GK Burki is Team of Week

Random EURO Game vs Mainz – Cecchi is back form injury. I want to try something fun. I swap Ragazzi and Ouattara for a while, to see how they can do at each other’s roles. Ouattara is a better pass/cross by far, but Ragazzi is better at jump/head and mark, so I want to see what we can do there. Maybe we can unlock one or both more? I want to give them some serious games, maybe 6 or 8 or so to get adjusted to their space in the upper flight of a major league. Pick up where you left off! At the 2:26 mark, Mance intercepts a bad pass by the GK and shoots for goal. Lanzini booked. Osmar finds Sayed who slip the ball to Mance on an attacking run, and he scores in the 12th. They foul Jae-Hwan hard in the box, get a yellow, and now…Mance a PK and it’s his hat trick in the 37th minute. Half. Keep focused! Ibrahim for Lanzni. Ortega for Mance. At the 80th, we aren’t really dominating the board. They have possession, 15 shots and 6 on target to our 11 and 7, more headers, more tackles, more passes completed. Osmar is a little tired, so I send in Cook. In the 83rd, Mainz gest a score from a long shot. Mainz finishes with 19 and 9. We we win 3-1. MOM is MAnce, obviously.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #184
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Away vs Malaga – Here we go! Pick up where you left off! We have a solid counter-based strategy for today. I rested some of my key players to keep them ready for today, like Sayed and Jae-Hwan. I don’t want to talk about this game, it pisses me off. We finish and lost 4-2. Oals by us for Sayed and Dong-Hyuk. Booking by Cecchi. We were just dominated by the #16 team. They had 32 shots 15 on target. Yuck. That was not acceptable.

Murcia Leg Two – Rotating into today’s match is Oliver, Cook, Nwakali, Nagatomo. We played counter/defensive in the last match, not too tired as a result. Dominate this match! (I ordered foodI got a call just as I started this match, headed out to get ready, then as the half ended, I made my adjustments, swaps, and such and headed out). We won 2-1. MOM is Sayed, and yellow card to Mance. Goals by Sayed and Ibrahim. Mance and Sayed with assists. We win 3-1 aggregate

Our next opponent in the Cup is Elche

My scout finds a studly South African striker, Felix Kadodia.

Ragazzi loved the tutoring he had with Nagatomo!

Game vs Espanyol. Back in the starting lineup are Diallo, Lanzini and Osmar. Winning this game si important for momentum over Winter Break, so I have most of my core starters on tap. Pick up where you carried off! Quiet half. FOR THE FANS!!! Go go Morales! Sayed finds Lanzini for a score in the 67t. Nwakali for Diallo. Cookin for Osmar. Jae-Hwan finds Morles for a score in the 80s. We win 2-0. MPOM is Sayed.

After 17 games, we finish the December and 2019 campaign at 12-2-3 with 38 points

Old 03-26-2016, 01:54 AM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our youth/training facilities are improved.

I intend to rotate in Nagatomo at the DL spot regularly. Cecchi didn’t catch fire like I Was hoping early on.

Jae-Hwan approaches me and asks to talk to Barcelona if they make an offer, because he wants contentenial football. I promise him that end of the season, we’ll qualify, and if not, then I’ll sell him, and he’s content with that.

Jae-Hwan is my new favorite guy, so I really hope he sticks with us. Honorary mention to Osmar and Sayed.

Why Sayed? Let me show you some of my stats:

Sayed - 22 games, 3 goals, 9 assists, 8.25 rating. He’s currently 2nd most highly rated in the liga.

Yoon Dong-Hyuk – 25 games,11 goals, 10 assists, 7.26 rating

Yoon Jae-Hwan, 24 games, 2 goals, 4 assists, 7.62 rating

Osmar – 22 games, 6 goals, 1 assists, 7.50

Mladen Mance 20 games, 10 goals, 3 assists, 7.39 rating

Ragazzi leads my defenders with 7.19 rating, and then Diallo at 7.08, Ouattara at 705 and Cecchi at 6.87. Nagatomo is 6.93 amd oters – Lanzini at 7.21, David Ibrahim at 7.19, and Morales at 7.13 are good too

(These numbers include the Cup matchs and EURO ones)

Who’s contracts are up soon I care about?

Osmar
Junca
Ndi
Morales

Youth – Antonio Jesus Diaz, Jose Antonio, Matthew Adelson, Said Meddour

I make Adelson, Antonio, and Said Meddour

I’m fine letter Diaz o finally

Meanwhile Ndi, Morales, Junca, and Osmar are all the rest of my relics from getting promoted a couple of years ago. We won’t miss any of them. I have Osmar’s replacement on my roster with Lewis Cook. Morales was just a rotational guy for me, and Ndi and Junca are in backup roles now. David Ibrahim sort of ended Ndi as one of my key young wingers. After he was successfully tutored by Van Persie, he grew pretty quickly.

I want to pause and see if there are any great additions coming free in a week or so.

There aren’t any major players that tweak my radar. Any good youth? Not that many. I send out some scouts, make an offer to a Nigerian GK youther that’s just okay, but I don’t have any solid GK For my sub-senior squads

Now that they EURO is over for us, I offer to loan out some other folks I was holding onto.

I’m not a super fan of Nwakali or DOtte and how they played, but Dotte at last was a youth player with potentials that should keep him growing. Anyone I can buy to come in and play a similar role

Nagatomo finished his Spanish course.

Ahmad Sayed comes to me wanting to transfer for the same reasons and Jae-Hwan and he agrees to wait for us until the end of the year.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 29 – the time to review contracts coming up free.

Are there any players out there that would change us? Push us to the next level? There are some big names – Cristioano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso but they are either too old or not interested.

There are some players at a Lanzini level of play that would be interested in heading over. Nothing more though. If I need a great middile, there’s Algerian sensation Saphir Taider or German Karim Bellarbi. The young Anwar El Ghazi si very similar to my Oliver. French middle Florian THauvin is also pretty interesting. So if you want to push yourself, there are some quality midfielders of all stipes there.

Even assuming I let Ndi and Junca (who can play ML) and Osmar go, I still have a tight battle at my midfield with Ibrahim, Oliver, Lanzini, JaeHwan, Sayed, Cook, and who knows what others. Now if I want to grab an up-and-coming player, or security against a forced-ish transfer of Lanzini or Oliver or someone, then grabbing one of these would make some degree of sense.

Who do I like the most? I make an offer to El Ghazi.

West Brom have a hot young Striker, Michael Wellington, 19 years old, they have left him exposed. I make him an offer.

That’s good

End of December

Good training for ortega, Ragazii, and Ouattara

World Golden Bal wen to Juan Mata, Oscar and Ronaldo and Player of the Year was Mata,Oscar, and Ozil

Ahmad Sayed won Broadcaster’s African Footballer of the Year!

He also won African Player of the Year, followed by Mohamed Salah of Roma and Sofiane Fegouli of Valencia

Sayed named in African XI of the Year

Jack Lokhoff named European Golden Boy, os PSV,

Yoon Jae-Hwan named as Asian Footballer of the Year, Odil Ahmedov and Shinji Kagawa go2nd and 3rd.

Yoon Jae-Hwan also naed in Asian All Star XI

African Awards Announced:

Middie of the Year – Sayed

As you can see, both Sayed and Jae-Hwan are really good

Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January

Jan 4 – Home vs Real Sociedad
Jan 8 – Away vs Elche – Spanish Cup
Jan 12 – Away vs Real Nadrid
Jan 15 – Home vs Elche, Cup
Jan 19 – Home vs Celta
Jan 26 – Away vs Desportivo

We are 3rd in Liga right now

Bayern Munich make an offer for….Jesus Angel Ortega. No thanks

Michael Wellington confirmed his future with a sign to West Brom. Ah well

I may have to fend off some clubs again looking to poach my guys. I just got offers for Ragazzi from Man City and Benfica. Now, Ragazzi has a 14 mill mimum fee release clause. I’m not sure Benfica can keepup, but Man City surely has the cash to splash, right?

I negotiate Man City for 14.5 mill. I don’t want to lose Ragazzi. But that is a lot of money, and it’s jut 500k under his release fee anyways. Benfica is in too. Ragazzi is worth 2.4 mill

Dortmund have made an enquiry for Yoon Jae-Hwan . Yoon is worth 22.5 mill and is my most expensive player. I’m not interested in losing him. His min release is 45 mill. Now Jae-Hwan is not really someone I’m willing to negotiate. You need to offer me an epic amount of money for me to be interested in moving my best player.

I offer 45 mill. Dortmund offer back 26 mill. I doubt they are going to like the result. I offer a trade. You send me GK Lukas Althof, who’s worth 575k, and pay me 30 mill. I call that even

They walk away. 

I need to line up a replacement for Ragazzi assuming that offer goes through. The best DC I Know out there that I like of a similar parabola is Louis Mputu in Belgium. He’s on my short list, a total wonderkid for them. He’s been interested in coming to me from Club Brugge, but they were an obstacle What about now?

Obviously we’ve had a lot of talent poached from us from various sources ever since we hit the bg stage. I invested heavily in young player defensive players in my lower level team, hoping they would grow with me as we went to the liga, only to see folks like Juan Lopez and Mosiuda get purchased out from under me. I brought in Ragazzi who I’d always wanted anyways and Ouattara, and then I had more grabbed – often against my will – like ST Bamford, who I just slid to Mance, or others I chose. I would love to have a consistent top XI, but my toys keep getting taken from me. I thought Ragazzi woud stay. No one has ever really been interested in Diallo? Why? He’s cheap, he plays okay, he’s grown up around the club, and he’s not on a lot of radars. I figured Ragazzi would be too, but nope.

Anyways, I’ll try to bring in Mputu with my Ragazzi cash

Arsenal made an offer for Ragazzi as well that meets the fee.

We agree to a deal with Anwar El Ghazi to come to our club next year. Anwar is worth currently like 13.5 mill, so getting him for free at he beginning of next season is a strong bt of finance

I move from top half finish to EURO Cup QUal expectations, and we get a lot more cash from my nex board. The cash difference from my old board would have been a lot lower.

Two youthers join us. GK Adamu and St Mwaslka

Game vs Real Sociedad – Vengeance! Jae-Hwan crosses dangerously, a DC misheads it away and into goal. Diallo with the obligatory yellow card. Half. Don’t get complacent out there.! Jae-Hwan scores in the 60th. Cross by Ouattara to set him up. Nwakali for Diallo. Then Ortega. Finally Nagamtomo picks up a minor injury and I send in Cecchi. Ragazzi a booking. We win 2-0. MOM is Jae-Hwan obv. Good job everyone!

Nagatomo is out for 2 weeks with a facial injury. Cecchi starts for him.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Uh oh

Stupid big teams with their big cash. Man Utd are sniffing Ahmad Sayed’s panties. They offer me a ton of cash for Sayed. His min release is 55 mil, which seemed like a good idea. But now he’s worth 40 mill. He’s a 23 year old Egyptian force of nature. When you see a guy win all of those awards and accolades clearly you are interested. I’ve never had a player win African Player of the Year before for me. Or Asian for that matter.

I tell Man Utd that his release fee, which is only 25% or so above his actual value, is where I’m holding the line. I dicker them to 54 cause I’m nice, but that’s it. I try a few extra clauses to help them pay the cost, and then then make a non-negotiable offer of 24.5 mill up front, 2 mill in installments, 7.25 mill after 10 games, and 7.25 mill after 10 league goals, and 40% of next sale. That’s a lot of cash….

A lot of cash

Who would I bring in to replace him? Who’s in the queue?

I don’t even know.

But I am in THIRD PLACE IN THE LIGA. That’s awesome. And Sayed is a valuable part of that. My goal I to win games, not to make money. But with that kind of transfer money? It’s epic. Plus, it frees up my MC for a wonderkid (my early inclinations would be or run Jae-Hwan there and Oliver on the right.) I’m so deep at middie too.

Alright let’s do it

Alright I make an offer to Mputu

We agree to a 7.5 mill deal. We negotiate a deal for him

He signs first. I hurt my payroll massively to sign him and agree to the deal (He signs and arrives to us that day)

The club’s fans love the cash we negotiated, but they hate losing a strong rising star.

Louis Mputu, 18 eyars old, Belgium/D. R. Congo, DC only,worth 4.1 mill, and 6.5/week hot prospect deal, after 10 apps, salary increases to 10k/week, 40 mill release fee,

Physcial – 15/16 speed, 16 jump, str, 14 stam, fitness, 13 balance, 11 agility

Techni – 17 mark, 13 tack, 16 head, 12 tech, 11 first touc, pass, 10 cross

Mentals – 15 decisions, team work, 16 aggress, 14 – concentration, determination, 13 work rate positions, 11 anticipation, 10 vision

So he needs to grow clearly, but he’s a strong potential guy who’s already fast, good in the air, and marking fiend. Speaks French, Dutch, and Portuguese. Our coaches like him too.

Assuming Ragazzi leaves, I was thinking of keeping Ouattara split wide for now and Mputu in the DC role.

I accept a loan offer for Dotte

I send GK Adamu to Lierse for a loan. My coaches love ST Kudra Mwasika’s potential, which is one of the reasons I signed the 18 year old that was free after his agent sent me a tape.

Jae-Hwan named in Team of Week

Ragazzi accepts the Man City deal. He loved his time here, and says we really helped push his game forward. I readjust my budget and such back post-Mptutu deal and we have 8.4 mill in transfer cash, 660k in budget, and spending 575k week.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CUP vs Elche – Alright Mputu, let’s see what you’ve got! Starting today is Oliver at MR, and Jae-Hwan at MC. Keep your run going! We start counter as we are on the road. Oliver drives, crosses to Lanzini who sets up Dong-Hyuk, score in the 41st. Half time. All quiet. Keept it up! We had 14 shots but just 5 on target, to their 3 and 0. Oliver finds Lanzini in the 47th for another score. Ortega and Cecchi head in. Osmar scores in the 83rd. Lanzini’s tired, Cook spells him. We win 3-0, and MOM s Oliver. Very well done!

Mputu was 7.5 rated in his first game for us in the Cup.

It’s been 333 minutes since GK Burki allowed a goal

Alright it’s time….

Goodbye Ahmed Sayed.

After some of the immediate money is funneled elsewhere, I have 29 mill in transfer cash

Now I need to find someone or some folks to replace my peops.

I have the money, and there’s no need to shy away from the good stuff.

There is a Sayed-ish guy in Brazil (I searched the world for people like Sayed, and just two others showed up with the set piece talents – one is worth way too much money for Real Madrid). Ricardo, Brazilian, just turned 20 years old. I scout him to see if we could do a deal with Gremio . He’s not interested right now. I do like him a lot, and add him to my shortlist, in case things change in the off-season.

Junca signs with Elche at the end of the year

Is there anyone out there I can spend this money on right now?

My midfield can probably take an Ahmad-less hit fine. It’s the deepest part of my roster by far.

Next year we’ll have just three ST Dong-Hyuk, Mance, and perhaps Ortega getting better. Could I bring in another ST to play a strong role as an occasional sub for me now? I have signed players, and then groomed them into starters later later.

Or could my new signee, ST Mwasika play that role? He needs some developing, but eventually, I could see him there. Van Persie agrees to tutor him.

I keep scouting and scouting, but I’m not seeing an option that wants to sign for us at ST or an obvious MC.

The best Italian GK is a young stud who keeps for Udinese. I did a search for “Realistic” transfers, and he shows up. I send in a scout. He’s 23 and a total stud. Not sure why he’s on my list, but let’s see.

Alright, I have an idea. Make an offer to bring in the stud young German GK I’ve loved fo a while and finish up this year rotating and giving him starts, and then moving Burki in the offseason

Mance learns how to beat the offside trap

I scout up a bunch more midfielders

After scouting, GK Scuffet would be interested in joining our team. We think he’s one of the nest in the world. But, Udinese would likely require 25-35 mill to unhinge him. I can’t dedicate all of my transfer hopes on him. For example, in 17 starts in the Italian top league, 20 goals allowed, 7 clean sheets, and 6.91 rating vs our Burki with 18 starts, 24 goals allowed, 9 shutouts, and 6.94 rating. But still, I feel this is an area we need to improve on. Always be improving. And Burki is fine, but there are better out there. Altdorf is my target moving forward. I want to bring in a studly but developable player somewhere else . MC, ST, whatever. Right now, at misfield, I have Osmar, Cook, Jae-Hwan, Oliver, Lanzini and Ibrahim as my obvious choices for 4 spots. At the end of the year, Osmar is leaving, and we bringing in another That’s 6 players of quality for four spots. We could use another.

Away v the #1 team Real Madrid – Diallo is suspended, I moved Ouattara over, and both Cecchi and Nagatomo are in. Pick up where you left off! Defensively! Last year we stole a 1-0 win here. I’m not sure that’s happening again. We have a handful of chances in the first 20. Nothing serious comes if it. Cecchi with a yellow later. Ouattara as well. At the half we have 9 shots, 3 on target, they 14 and 7. You can win tonight! Nagatomo with a yellow. I sub in Morales. Ibrahim next. Our foes are getting booked now late, getting angry, punchy or told to go hard, I’m not sure. Oliver booked. Junca heads in for Cecchi. Everybody is scrambling hard late to get a goal. Real Madrid 24 shots, 12 on target, no scores. We tie 0-0.

That’s a strong result, and one I’ll take happily.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #190
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to Atlethic Bilbao for 20 year old Borja Velez. He’s Spanish, does some good stuff, has some incredibly interesting things to offer, and he’s domestic, which is cool. We negotiate 6.75 mill

We agree to a contract with him

There youther over at Anderlecht, Abdellilah Bourchta, we scouted, and he really wanted to leave and join us, but they are not easily swayed. He just send out a “Please come and get me” plea. SO I make an offer to Anderlecht, just to unsettle him. Guy’s worth like 200k. We cancel the bid.

Cup Match 2 vs Elche – I have Ndi, Ibrahim, Cook and Ortega in the starting lineup. Dong-Hyuk finds Ibrahim for a score, and then Elche break our Gk’s streak, and hit us back 1-1 at the half. Don’t get complacent. Then then score again . Annoying. I send in Morales, Oliver, and Nwakali. Ibrahim gest another goal in the 82nd. Then the next minute, Ibrahim gest his hat trick on the day. We win 3-2 here, and 6-2 aggregate. MOM is clearly Ibrahim. Asssst also by Cecchi and Mputu.

So as you can see, Ibrahim is growing.

We make it to the Quarters and we’ll play against Celta.

I keep rejecting offers for Ortega

Our offer for Velez will be delayed while I just discovered another possibility….

I have one of my old players in another dynasty, he’s 23 now a few years into this one, unsettled, a big name, Argentinian Sebastian Driussi Worth 11 mill. Plays in Brazil for Sao Paulo. Druissi is young. Developed. Nasty good. And young.

Now the guy I just made an offer to,Velez, is not a wonderkid, just a really good younger guy wo’s got solid set pieces and sterling passing. But I’m having second doubts. He’s not sexy. He’s not amazing. Velez has 9 finishing, 14 technique ,17 pass, 11/12 speed, 13 long shots, 11 mark, but he’s nto great technically, and physically. Mentally he’s hit and miss – 19 work take, 18 vision, 16 team work, 10 deter, brave, etc. He’s not an amazing set pieces, just okay, and he’s not a great advanced playmaker, just okay. Plus, he can only play DMC< MC, and AMC. I;m no longer solid on him

Could I target a younger MC instead, one more wonderkid-y, but less developed? Instead of the 23, 20, how about an 18 or 19 year old? Again, this could be a more developmental sort of guy. That person I can sub in occasionally when I need.

Jose Antonio and Lanzini finish turoting and he gained some. I offer Antonio for loaning

Old 03-26-2016, 06:26 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

LIGA Game Home vs Celta We have Celta 3 out of 4 in a row. Diallo is back and I move him in. Also back are Mance and Lanzini. Pick up where you left off! All of the early attacks are us, but noting hits. Dong-Hyu finds Lanzini on the edge for a score in the 23rd. We injure one of their players, and they are getting cards now. Half. Don’t get complacent out there! Ibbrahim with a card. Ortega for Mance. Oliver for Ibrahim. Ortega scores in the 73rd off a nice build up through the center. Offsides. Mwakali for Louis Mputu. We win 1-0, but it should have been more, we had 26 shots, and just 7 on target. Lanzini is MOM.

ST Kudra Mwasika was capped for Congo DR and is in “dreamland”

I make an offer to South African ST youther Felix Kalodia. We sign him, he’ll join us in July.

Diallo and Ouattara in Team of Week

I make an offer to my GK Lukas Althof. We agree to 12.75 with Dortmund. I sign the awesome horse for 3 years, 18 years old, hot prospect, 13,5k/week, and 625k total value.

Away vs Celta, Quarter Finals Spanish Cup – We are away, but we know each other pretty well. I start out defensively. Oliver is in for Ibrahim. Pick up were you left off and all that! Dong-Hyuk scores in the driving rain in the 18th minute for us. Mance found ‘im. Jae-Hwan to Mance in the 20th for another goal. Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk in the 23rd and this game has gone in a surprisingly odd direction. At the half, 9 shots, 5 on target, 1 and 0 for Celta. Stay focused! Nagatomo for Cecchi. Irahim in. Nwakali for Mputu. Jae-Hwan finds Mance for a score in the 86th. We win 4-0, no cards (they had two) MOM is MAnce, nicely done. That was special

I have an idea for a way to spend my cash. What about on a top-flight wonderkid who’s under 18 and needs to wait until that age to move? I could spend the transfer kitty now, and then wait for the results later. Typically that would mean someone like an Argentinian or Brazillian.

I make an offer to 16 year old ST/MC Allan Luiz, Brazil 4.5 mill now.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game vs Deportivo. We are favored, they are 13th, and we are in their home. My opponent praises me for being a brilliant defensive tactician. Lanzini is a little tired and I send in Cook for him. I begin countering. They give us an OG under our withering attack, more and more shots are on target, and then half . We have 12 and 7, they 1 and 1. Nagatomo in, Mance with a great long shot in the 56th for a score, Dong-Hyuk the architect. Nagatomo injured. I send in Nwakalii and ove folks around. They walk the ball in for a score in the 82nd. Dong0Hyuk scores in the 84th off a corner. Ibrahim for Osmar, and I swap Cook to his DMC spot. Wow. They fire an amazingly on target long shot from way out for a score in the 89th. We win 3-2. Closer than ot should have been!

Nagatome out for two weeks with a damaged heel

The agent for Osmar wants to reopen talks, but I decline

Osmar in Team of Week

Allan Luiz signs – he’ll join us in July 2021

Quarter Final Cup Match away at Celta. Don’t get complacent! Lots of pressure by us early. Nothing too threatening on the goal though. Then Jae-Hwan hits Mance for a score in the 36th. I tell my guys to tackle light. No sense getting any cards or injuries. Half. Keep your focus! Mance injured, Morales heads in. Jae-Hwan lightly injured, and I send in Cook. Morales scores in the 59th. Junca heads in for Cecchi. Game. We win 2-0, and 6-0 on aggregate. MOM is Jae-Hwan.

Jae-Hwan – injured for 5-6 days with a dead leg
Mance – Out for 2 months with strained knee ligaments.

Mance out sucks. We’ll be running Morales/Dong-Hyuk up front, and then Ortega, and ST Mwasika as subs. Cecchi in for Nagatomo as well.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #193
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, there are a few issues I want to unearth.

First, what happened with GK Altdorf?

Dortmund have an unbelievable amount of GK talent. N Their starting GK is a Polish guy, just stopped being a wonderkid and is almost fully developed, and mega-hot and spicy. At 22, we think he’s one of the best GKs in the world. The next GK they have on their roster is a grizzled veteran on a squad rotation. He’s 32 and pretty battle hardened. Then you have Altdorf, who would be starting for most teams already at 18, and has a ton of upside as well. We love him, and we was willing to come to us to get some playing time and out from underneath the Dortmund’s GK Shadow. I mean, when one GK is a key player and the oter rotation, it’ll be hard to crack that lineup

I mentioned earlier that there was this studly, already very developed German GK on my radar. And we just signed him. We’ll take a look in a moment, but I want to loan him out today, the last day of the window, to give him some first team development.

Meanwhile, what about Allan Luiz? I don’t normally like to sign players who won’t come to my team for a while. I spent 4.5 mill to secure him 2 years down the road, and no one is sure what he’ll look like then. It could be a great deal, a poor one, or a normal one. But with the extra transfer cash and no obvious targets that fit my usual parabola of interest it just made sense to me.

I still have MC Velez to figure out.

I have a three hour window left for transfers after that game. This is my last chance to bring in some talent now. I have money. After those pickups, I have 9 mill and some change. I have the money. Normally I’d use cash like that to target one major up and coming star, but my team doesn’t really need it. I have Mance and Dong-Hyuk, Jae-Hwan and Cook, Ouattara, Mputu, Althof, Cecchi and to lesser degrees Ibrahim and perhaps Mwasika. Now load in top young guys like Diallo along with older developed stars such as Lanzini and Oliver and a few old stars such as Osmar, Nagatomo or Burki. That’s a load of talent. And we get that.

But I can afford it.

How about a wonderkid on the side? Maybe ML? Nah I want to keep building up Ibrahim, he’s taken major strides ever since his arrival. He’s not a wonderkid, but he’s good.

Osmar is playing so well, and he fits in so well, I offer him a one year extension. He was the gy who came to me and pushed us up in January a while ago.

No one wants to loan Althof.

I make an offer to 18 year old Spanish Javier Garcia. I agree to 3.1 mill and they loan him back for the rest of the season. This is a strong Spanish rising star in defense. I don’t need to worry about him ow, and he can be my rotational guy later, much like Ouattara was for us

He deson’t like his club that much and withdraws from an option since he doesn’t want to get loaned back. I withdraw and make a new offer to Nastic. Our new offer is 2.3 mill

Javier Garcia joins us

18 years old, Javier Garcia, singed four 4 years, 8.75k/week hot prospect deal, 1.7 mill value. D RLC and Sweeper too. The best way to describe him is to look at the report – determined, fits in, brae, versatile, resolute, team player,very well suited to liga, and counts as a Spain trained youth for continetnial play. I would sum him as very good mentally, some technical growth needed, adequate physical

Physical – 12/13 speed, 15 str, 14 balance, jump, 13 stam, 12 agility, 9 fitness

Mental – 18 brave, 17 work rate, 15 position, teamwork, 15 determ, antip, 14 concentration, 13 decisions, composure, 12 aggrssk 10 leader

Tech – 15 tackling, 14 passing, 13 head, mark, technique, 9 cross, 8 dribb, 9 first touch

So he’s fine in many places. But he needs to grow too.

Welcome to the club Javier Garcia. I’m going to slide him in as a Nwakali spot, since Nwakali hasn’t been that great for me.

I cancel the transfer of Velez

End of January -

Good training? Osmar, Cecchi, and Ibrahim

Old 03-27-2016, 12:40 AM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February

Feb 2 – Away vs At. Madrid
Feb 5 – Home vs Athletic Bilbao, Semi Final Spanish Cup
Feb 9 – Home vs Granada
Feb 12 - Away vs A. Bilbao, Sems SC
Feb 16 0 Away vs Levente
Feb 23 – Away vs A. Bilbao

We are 3rd in the Liga right now

Current Table of note:

1. At. Madrid, 49 points
2. R. Madrid, 48 points
3. Melilla 48 points
4. Barcelona, 47 points
5. Valencia, 37 points
6. Real Sociedad 36 points
7. Malaga, 31 points

A. Bilbao is sitting at 13th right now. We are looking good in the top four. Oh and Valencia, Malaga and R Sociedad have an extra game, so their points are inflated. We are tight right now.

Game 22 vs At. Madrid – I go defensive here, obviously. This is a team with a lot of class. Pick up where you left off! I have Ibrahim, Cook in the middle starting. Oliver is a little tired, and I wanted to give Ibrahim a harder game. They score in the 34th minute in the snowstorm. Half. Unlucky! They fire a shot just outside of the box on target in the 58th. Then another a few minutes later. I send in Van Persie, and then Nwakali. Another goal. Ndi heads in. We lose 4-0. We were never in this game. I’m trying to build the team we just played. Im not happy with that!

We were just crushed.

Osmar signs the new one year deal.

Cecchi has learned how to knock the ball past his opponent

Cup Semis vs A. Bilbao –We are home for today’s first leg. Jae-Hwan is back from injury Oliver on the MR. Relax play your natural game, and the result will come. We have early momentum, but shots off target or later tackles, are preventing stuff. It ebbs. So I move is to control to face it. Yellow to Cecchi. Half. The result will come! Lanzini finds Mputu on a IFK or a score in the 51st. Mputu’s first score for us! I send in Javier Garcia for Cecchi. Mputu a yellow. Our foes are slowing down and easing back. I have Osmar replace Mputu and Cook for Mputu. Lanzini is very tired so Ibrahim heads in. We win 1-0. We should have won more we had like 18 shots to their 7.. Hopefully we can do solid work on the far leg. MOM is Jae-Hwan

We are at home. Granada have never beaten me, in the last six outings, they are in 19th place. So, all things considered, we are expected to win today’s match. Granada haven’t won in 10 games. I sub in Garcia for Cecchi. Ibrahim for Oliver. Today is Diallo’s 125th league appearance for us. Pick up where you left off! We are in control early on, and I slide to control to exacerbate it. Dong-Hyuk sets up Morales in the 33rd. He finds Morales again four minutes later. Half Don’t get complacent! Morles fires a shot to Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 50th. Our foes have a bunch of cards, so I ove to tackle easier. I send in ST Mwasika. I want to see what he can do. Diallo with a yellow. They fire a long shot and it sinks in the 70th. Nwakali for DialloJae-Hwan finds Mwasika for a score in the 81st - Morales finds Ibrahim for a score in the 87th. We win 5-1. MOM is Morales. Very happy with that!

The 15 assists Dong-Hyuk has thus far is a new Melilla seasonal record!

Ibrahim, Morales, and Dong-Hyuk in Team of Week

Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 AM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Semi-Finals 2nd Round vs A Bilbao. Nagatomo is back from injury and he starts a t DL for me today. Oliver is back in too. It’s just half time, go out there and win! We start counter here in Bilbao, the capital and cultural seat of the Basque region. On an IFK from near the corner flag, Morales steps up, kicks, the ball is knocked back to him, and then he grabs it, hits to Jae-Hwan, who scores in the 32nd. Looks like that counts as an OG with him just assisting. Not sure what happened there, but okay. Goal anyway Half. Keep your focus! Morales a yellow. Ortega in for Morales. Oliver crosses to Dong-Hyuk who puts it away in the 67th. Nwakali for a tired Diallo. Cook for Osmar. We win 2-0, MOM is Jae-Hwan, and we are through on a 3-0 aggregate.

Real Madrid bombed At. Madrid 4-1 on aggregate, setting up a Spanish Cup Final vs Real Madrid

Here’s something interesting for y’all. I’ve played Real Madrid with Melilla three times, we’ve tied twice, and won once. Never lost though. So RM will likely just eviscerate us in the Finals.

Ndi is upset because he’s not getting enough play time, I offer to sell him, but he declines.

Levante match arrives. They are 13th, we are favored. Carry on from last match! In the 32nd, Dong-Hyuk finds Morales for a score. Yay! Then our foes score again. Booking for Oliver and Jae-Hwan. Half. You can still win this one! In the 65th, Jae-Hwan feeds Morales and he scores. I put in Ibrahim for Oliver, and Gara for Ouattara. Diallo with a yellow. I send in COok for him. In the 87th minute, our foes get a counter and score! Oh noes! Then in extra time, Ibrahim does the same, as LAnzini crosses over to him and he scores. And we win 3-2, Morales is MOM> Good win boys!

Now we have some time to breath…..

17 Feb – Our training facilties were again upgraded

Morales named in Team of Week

Dong-Hyuk is now capable of lobbing GKs.

Cecchi is out for 3 weeks with a gashed lower leg

Away vs A. Bilbao We start Ibrahim and Garcia. Pick up from last match! We are countering. We get the initial surge for roughly ten minutes or so and then Osmar finds Ibrahim who fires a long shot, on target, 12th minute. They fire right back in the 13th . Then another sinks. In the 25th, Dong-Hyuk get’s a nice pass from Morales and scores. Off a corner, the ball bounces around, Dong-Hyuk falls and sores. 36th minute. Half. 3-2 us. No Complacent, Si? I send in Mwasika for Morales. Cook for Mputu. Junca for Nagatomo. We win 3-2 . MOM is Jae-Hwan.

It’s time.

The last 4-6 games we’ve had low number of shots on target, but still goals. Our clean sheet,s like the two Bilbao matchs in the Semis, were holding them 1 and 3 shots on goal. Today they had just 3, and we let two in. He’s on a bit of a cold streak….

Time to send in the big gun

Our next game is home, vs Barcelona. There is no bigger test out there. It’s time to sink or swim

The Yoons are in Team of Week

I agree to transfer Nwakali so he can get first team football. He didn’t play well for us in the 20 games he had.

End of Feb – Training of value includes Ortega, Ouattara and Ibrahim.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:11 AM   #196
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March –

Mar 1 – Home vs Barcelona, #1
Mar 4 – Home vs Cadiz
Mar 9 – Away vs Real Betis
Mar 15 – Home vs Villarreal
Mar 22 – Home vs Getafe

We are 4th in the Liga

Game vs Barcelona – They have won 10 games in a row. Today we end that, welcome to North Africa! No subs, all my first team, and Lukas Althof too. Vengeance!!! We keep them back from scoring early. We turn aside Neymar. Then in the 32nd minute, Dong-Hyuk finds Jae-Hwan for a score on a counterattack. They injure Dong-Hyuk and Ortega heads in. Half. Keep it up! We’re up 1-0. We hold on for a while defensively. Oliver drives, crosses over the attackers to Lanzini who shoots and….it’s in! Cook heads in. Garcia heads in. MOM is Oliver, and we just blanked Barca!

Dong-Hyuk out for 10 days

We have used 26 players so far this season, the most by far of any Liga squad

Home vs Cadiz – Ortega starts. Garcia and Ibrahim as well. Pick up from where you left off! They are 16th right now, so when we thump them, they could drop down hard core. No goals early, so I move to control as the half winds down but to no avail. Half. Keep it up, we can win this! Garcia finds Morales on a run and he scores in the 49th. Mwasika in for Ortega Junca for Nagatomo. Cook for Ibrahim. MO is Garcia, and we win 1-0. Good job!

Wow, we just moved to the top spot with that win!

After another game, Mputu will see his pay rise to 10k a week

Real Betis is here. Ortega starts again. Back in – Ouattara, Lanzini, U start countering and keep up the run! They score in the 14th minute to start things out, error by Diallo led to it but they calm down. Give and take until Oliver finds Jae-Hwan on an run and hits him for a score. Then we cross, shot blocked but a OG just before th half. Heep it up! We survive some early pressure, and then begin to instill our own. Ortega is given a pass, drives into the goal, slides it to Jae-Hwan, who scores in the 59th. I send Junca after LAnzini gest a card. Then Cook and Nwakali follow. We win 3-1, and Jae Hwan is MOM

Ouattara named in Team of Week

Old 03-27-2016, 02:47 AM   #197
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Youth facilities upgraded

Lewis Cook can now switch the ball to the opposite flank

Osmar is injured with a strained stomach muscle for 5-6 weeks and Cook will start in his place

Ndi wants to be transferred to get more first team soccer. I agree. I list him

Game vs Villarreal, who are #8 Cecchi and Dong-Hyuk are back for this match, and I am resting Diallo and going with Garcia and Mputu. Cook is in too. I give Nagatomo a rest for Cecchi. Vengeance! They score in the 20th minute, and then Cecchi grabs a yellow. We try various things to no avail. Half. Where’s your passion? Well, Yoon JaeHwan has passion! He finds Morales for a score in the 51st to bring us level. I sub in Mwasika and Nwakalii but to no avail. Even Ibrahim heads in, but nothing….tie game 1-1. Not good enough! Jae-Hwan is MOM

Mar 16 arrives, and with it, another batch of youthers.. Only two were strong. The first was Josa Antonio who’s okay and the other is Ortega.

Nah not really

MAnce is back from injury!

Match vs Getafe – Back is Diallo and Mance. Getafe are 7th right now – keep up your run! They give up a penalty, and MAnce scores, and then Lanzini finds him for another score in the 37th. Dong-Hyuk a booking. We are all over this half. No getting complacent. Don’t let up! Mwasika heads in for a tired Mance. Lanzini crosses to him for a scorein the 68th. We three times as many goals as they have shots on taret, ,we are 14/8 to their 6/1. Mwasika finds Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 75th. Garcia for Ouattara, David Vazquez for Jae-Hwan. We win 4-0. MOM is Jae-Hwan. Very happy!

With ten, Jae-Hwan sets a Meillla record for most MOM ina season

Any great major youth in Spain that just came through youth programs hat I’m interested in? Wow according to our scouts, Rael Sociedad just got two wonderkid-esque players. They broke Spanish Football! Fernando Agirrre, a MC , ST and Xabier Garcia a DC> Those are the only two wonderkids that people are talking about right now.

Jae-Hwan can now get forward when possible

End of March – Training of the Good – Mane, Mwaskia, Althof

Old 03-27-2016, 03:23 AM   #198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April -

April 5 - Away vs Sevilla
April 12 – Away vs Elche
April 17 – Home vs Mallorca
April 22 – Home vs Valencia
April 26 – Away vs Espanyol

We are 1st in the Liga

1. Melilla, 70 points
2. Real Madrid, 68 pts
3. Barcelona, 68
4. At. Madrid, 66
5. R. Socieded, 51
6. Valencia, 51
7. Getafe, 46
8. Villarreal, 41

You can see a major drop off from 4 to 5. This is with 30 games under our collective past. IDoubt we fall to 5. But it’s tight up top. We have a 22-4-4 record

Garcia out with a training injury for a month or so

Game vs Sevilla. If we win today, we guarantee continental competition. Our foe is 17th. Pick up where you left off, in the rain. Lanzini given a deadly deep ball drives, finds Oliver for a score in the 6th minute of play. Yoon Jae Hwan finds Yoon Dong Hyuk for a score in the 32nd. They force and blast a goal in the 33rd. They have more shots on target then we have shots, but we were deadlier in front of goal and its half. Keep it up! We move forward hard. Like 6-7 shots in four-five minutes but no results on the scoreboard. Mwasika for Mance. Just before he heads out, he scores, Jae-Hwan found him. Nwakali for Diallo. On a IFK, Lanzini finds Mwasika for a score in the 73rd. We are still drvining hard at goal. I send in Ibrahim. That was a real tale of two halves, and we win 4-1. MOM is Lanzini.

Cecchi, Oliver, Lanzini in Team of Week

Jae-Hwan tells me that since I kept my promise to qualify, he no longer wants to leave

Mance has learned Spanish fully

Ibrahim can now knock the ball past his opponent

According to the press, rumors of the best young players awards are Dong-Hyuk, Jae-Hwan, DMance and Ibrahim…….hmmmm..

Game 32 vs Elche, in 12th – Osmar is back from injury but I don’t wan tto rush him back into the roster. Cook starts again today. A win today secures a Champion’s League spot. The only changes I made is tossing Ibrahim to spell Lanzini. Pick up where you left off, countering! Oliver does just that, hitting Mance on a counter in the 24th minute, but a quiet half otherwise. Keep it up! They get 3 bookins, and Olvier one. I dispatch Nagatomo for Ibrahim, Nwakali for Ouattara. Mwasika follows. We push hard late too and keep the ball on their side of the pitch in the last 8 minutes or so mostly, and we win 1-0. Good jorb!

We have guaranteed qualification for the Champions Cup.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Home vs Mallorca, at 19 – Oliver is banned, Osmar is back. Obviously, we are expected to win. Pick up where you all left off! First half summed in one line – 12 shots 6 on target for us, 1 and 0 for them. 0-0 score. Do better? I send in Nagatomo, Cook – nothing. Have you ever had one of those games where it should be 3-0 by now? Nope! Then we have a FK in the 81st and….Ibrahim lines up and fires it in. Nwakali in. We win 1-0, Jae-Hwan is MOM. Bit of a let off.

In training, Lanzini is injured for a month with a pulled hammy

Home vs Valencia, 5th in Liga – Nagatomo starts for Cecchi. I have Oliver and Ibrahim in the wings. . Pick up where you left off. They drive at us first. I slide to counter. By the 20th minute, no shots by us, 6 and 3 on target by them. They score in the 36th minute. We injure one of their midfielders. Half. Show me something different! They fire a long shot in the 47th minute minute. Diallo with his typical booking. I send in Morales. I send in Junca for Diallo. Cook for a tired Osmar. We lose 2-0. Not happy with that

That was Junca’s 125 show for us

I offer Ibrahim a new deal

Away vs Espanyol. Garcia returns from injury and I have him as a backup. Espanyol have offered Younis Mahmoud a job as head coach of them. They are 18th. Pick up where you left off! Mance finds Jae-Hwan for a score in the 4th minute. They come forward, but we push off, and have two attacks repulsed. Half. Don’t get complacent! Oliver finds Ibrahim on a long FK, who finds Jae-Hwan on a run and heads it in for goal in the 47th. We have been the better team in front of all day long. At the 55 mark we are 16 and 9 on target, they 7 and 4. Garcia for Mputu, Cook for Oliver. Dong-Hyuk finds Jae-Hwan in the 77th. He has a hat trick! I send in Cecchi. Osmar feeds Jae-Hawn who finds Mance for a score in the 85th. That was a counter, retain possession day, we won 4-0, and MOM is obviously JaeHwan.

ZANG!

Ibrahim signs a 5 year deal, rotation, 15.75k/week,

Unfortuantely, Nwakali felt that he got little from Osmar’s tutelage.

End of April – Training of the good – Ortega, Jae-Hwan Dong-Hyuk

Old 03-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #200
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May –

May 2 – Home vs Malaga
May 9 – Home vs Real Madrid
May 17 – Away vs Real Sociedad END OF THE LIGA SEASON

May 23 – Spanish CUP FINAL vs R. Madrid

1. UD Melilla, 82 points
2. FC Barcelona, 81 points
3. At. Madrid, 79 points
4. R. Madrid, 74 points
5. Valencia, 66 points
6. R. Sociedad, 55 points

You can see that RM is basically out of the 1st place running barring an epic fail by us. We finish with the 11th, 4th, and 6th teams, and that’s some possibility for falling

Home vs Malaga. Garcia starts for Mputu, Keep up our form! Vengeance! They are one of only a handful of teams to beat us this year. On a corner, Oliver kicks and….Garcias shot is on target, and bounced away barely by the GK and Diallo taps it in. His first for us of the season. Diallo booked. They come forward, hard, but we push them aside twice. Half. 13 shots by them 7 by us. Don’t get complacent! Junca heads in for Oliver, who’s underperforming. Junca crosses to Mance who scores. Junca knows how to play the ML spot. Nwakali for Diallo. Mwasika next. They had 23 shots, 11 on target, didn’t score at all, and we win 2-0. MOM is Jae-Hwan.

Diallo named in Team of the Week

Younis is hired for Espanyol.

Oliver wants a new deal. I tell him to hold off until the end of the season, he agrees.

Ouattara can now stay back at all times.

Home vs Real Madrid. Mputu back in, we hold tight early on. Then a few waves arrive, and one cracks us in the 34th, but no more. Jae-Hwan grabs a card. Half. Show me something else! In the 62nd,Yoon Jae-Hwan is driving, Finds Omsar up the middle, He passes between two defneiders to connect witj Dong-Hyuk, who scores. Morales for Mance. Cecchi for Ouattara. Junca for Oliver. We are both doing a lot of stuff late, looking for that goal to break this stalemate and in extra time…..nothing happens. 1-1 tie. MOM is Jae-Hwan. Good comeback!

We drop to second

One Liga game left