Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #301
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Levante Cup Match – Ibrahim, Mputu in. Ricardo for El Ghazi in the middle. Valenzuela to Kadodia, 57th subs include Gameiro, Ja-Cheol, and D. Perez. Bonnot to Dong-Hyuk, 83rd. Bonnot banged up and injured late. We win 2-0, MOM is Bonnot.

We advance to the Spanish Cup Semis vs R. Sociedad. Villarreal took down R. Madrid.

Bonnot out for 3-4 weeks with a calf strain

Final day of transfers arrives. I have around 26 mill in the kitty . Anyone I want to pick up?

Say hello to youther at Jeonnam in Korean, 16 year old potential cat Yoon Jung-Hee. Nah, that’s too funny. Having a team of Yoons? That literally makes me laugh out loud.

I ask for some scouts. Nothing really motivates me. Can I make a play? Sure. But for whom? Everyone is willing to come here. Eden Hazard? Sure. Neymar? Pogba? De Gea? Courtois? Lokhoff? Yup, all willing to come here for the right money.

Now that his mentoring is done, I offer GK Banda to loan.

Away vs Elche – Oura foes are 20th. We aren’t . I start D Perez, Oliver in the middle. Ricardo to Kadodia, 32d, Subs – Mesa, Ja-Cheol, El Ghazi Jae-Hwan to Mesa in the 83rd. We win 2-0. Another game where we had no cards. MOM is Jae-Hwan

18 wins in a row is a new lig record

Banda heads out on a loan

End of January –

Good Training – DR Adelson, Kadodia, Ricardo

Althof, Mputu, Jae-Hwan in Team of Week

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #302
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February-

Feb 2 – R. Sociedad, Span Cup Semi
Feb 5 Away R. Madrid
Feb 9 – R Sociedad, SC
Feb 12 – Home vs Valencia
Feb 15 – Away vs Napoli, Ch. Knockout Leg 1
Feb 20 – Away at Barca
Feb 26 – Away vs Sevilla

We are 1st obviously in the lgia

Ja-Cheol will head to Monstpellier after his contract ends with us

Spanish Cup Semis, Leg One vs R Sociedad. Out with injury today – Diallo, Mance, Bonnot, but Mance is back and should be ready and rested up for the Real Madrid match. Cecchi back ion, I gave Garcia a ton of starts, and now I want to slide back to normal hot prospect subs. Well I had intended on sliding back to a busy write-up since this is the Semsi and everything, and Feb is packed to the gills with important matches. But nothing is happening. Few momentum, few shots, few anything. Oh, there was a card for Jae-Hwan. Finally, we get an attack, pushed aside for a corner, and then Grealish lofts the corner, hits Cecchi’s head, who does not head at goal, but instead heads it on to a now unmarked Mputu for the score. They fire back and score just before half. You need to do better! ICards for Valenzuela. That’s not what I meant! Then in the 51st, Dong-Hyuk races to catch up with a back pass, finds it, dribbles like 20 yards, wins a one on one with the GK and scores. We are pushing ahead more and more. After getting 5 cards, our get a double yellow and a send off in the 57th. Afraid of a lethal cross from Grealish, they score an OG to get rid of it. Sub Ja-Cheaol for Valenzuela to pull one yellow off the pitch. Ibrahim for El Ghazi. Oliver for Jae-Hwan. We win 3-1, MOM is Ricardo.

Game vs R. Madrid. I focused on attacking set pieces. Mance is back. He is the only change from the previous squad. We’ll start countering today. Pick up where you left off!!! Please! Thanks! Lots of misses. Shoot, at the 40 minute mark we have 5 shots. None on target ,and they 7 and 2. Then in the 43rd they score. Half. Wow. Show me some desire to at least win this game! Time ebbs. We get a goal in the 61st when Jae-Hwan finds Grealish. I send in Garcia, Kadodia, and Ja-Cheol to no avail. We can’t sink more than 2 shots on target but we do manage to hold to one goal, despite a 2nd half of fury unleashed. They finish with 21 shits, 11 on target. Not good enough!

And that is our first non-win in a long time for Melilla and the league. We are still unbeaten, but the win streak is over. 51 unbeaten games in liga. A season is 38 games.

Jae-Hwan in Team of Week

Old 04-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #303
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Spanish Cup Semis, Leg Two vs R Sociedad – I worked on att set pieces today too. Diallo back from injury and starts for Mputu. I also have Ibrahim on the wing. Good luck! THAT was a boring half. No shots by out foes, and we were stymied by their tackles and such. Are they playing defensive? But they are down 3-1, what do they expect? I’m far from pleased! Then things change quickly. They score a goal in the 47th, and then injure Ibrahim in the 51st, and send out Grealish. Grealish gets a yellow. Then in the 55t, another goal to our foes and we are down 2-0. I decide to unleash my team. I go to attacking, I move to fluid shape, roam from positions, and be more expressive. In the 61st, Dong-Hyuk is found by Grealish for a score. In the 72nd, Dong-Hyuk scores again with a Mance back tap. Then I sub in Oliver for Valenzuela and Mputu for a horribly performing Diallo at 6.1, We are tied 2-2, and holding on against the onslaught when. At the 90:14, on a counter, Jae-Hwan to Ricardo for a score. I pull us back from attacking to counter. Cecchi delivered a lethal pass from the box to deep to set that one up. We win 3-2, and 6-3 aggresgate. MOM is Ricardo

Ibrahim is out for 5-7 weeks with an ankle sprain.

We will play Barca in the Spanish Cup Final

With 25, we have scored more goals in a Spanish Cup than any other team, with was 23 by At. Madrid

Jorga Mesa catches a virus and is out for a week-2 weeks

Home vs Valencia- There have been times when Valencia play us tough or beat us, and then time when they don’t. Which Valencia do we face tonight? We start the usual, and Diallo is on the bench for Mputu, and El Ghazi in the middle. Pick it back up baby! Jae-Hwan finds Mance in the 14th minute for a score. GRealish with a booking. Quiet for a while as we push back some Valencian offenses. Finally they break us in the 37th with a goal from the left corner of the box. Half. You can still win! I send in Kadodia for a poor Dong-Hyuk and Oliver. Then in the 75th, the ball is tackled, Oliver grabs the rebound, drives a tad, and scores. Head on in Garcia. We hold, and win 2-1, and MOM is Jae-Hwan

Valenzuela in Team of Week

Over to NAPOLI for the knockout Leg One - We are favored. Bonnot is back from injury. Today. Hes way too tired for a match though. I make no changes to my squad, our A Team was already out for the big V. We are away today, and I respect my foe enough to begin countering. We have the early momentum! For like the first three minutes, and then Napoli moves to own us. Jae-Hwan to Ricardo for a goal in the 12th on a counter. Whenever those two link up it’s like everything is right with sports. D. Perez with a card. Or the next 10 minutes, we move in front and push hard back And then we crack the Napoli code in the 25th with a Mance driving on the right flank, crossing to Dong-Hyuk for a score. EL Ghazi intercepts the ball, slides it to Ricardo, who finds Mance for a shot that the GK can only dive, push aside, and Grealish, attacking on the far side, puts in. 3 goals in the first 30. If we keep this pace up, we’ll get to 9-0 by the end of the match. And apparently hearing me, 44 seconds later Mance scores again. He passes to set up Dong Hyuk, ball intercepted, falls on it and scores himself. In the 35th minute, Valenzuela finds Ricardo for a score. 5 in 35. Now at that pace its 18 by the 90 minute mark.  Half. I think they turtled. Keep it going! 17 shots, 11 on target, to their 5 and 1. Now that’s a half to remember. I Sub in Garcia for Perez early, no sense risking a double yellow, and I tell my folks to ease back on the tackling. Dong-Hyuk finds Mance in the 49th. I sub in Oliver for Valenzuela. Gameiro heads in. Why not? He’s retiring soon, give him some game. Now Napoli was in this. They finish with 14 shots, and we had 21, a low second half as they turtled and pushed slowly at us. We win, in their place, 6-0. MOM is Mance.

I grab google real quick. What’s the biggest blowout in Knockout History? Valencia has a 7-0 victory in the Group Stage, and Liverpool an 8-0 over Besiktas in 2007 was also in a Group Stage. So 6-0 might be, or tied for, the biggest Knockout Round Shut Out.

Dang!

Old 04-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #304
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Uh oh. Lucas Althof has the flu. We treat him here to maximize the chance he can play vs Barca.

Away vs Barcelona – Maybe we can get an equal result today! We’ll start Althof, but I dress GK Roberto just in case. We start slow, and build up. A little early pressure is handled, and then we move forward hard. After pushing aside two thrusts, they foul Mance in the box and we get a PK. Up steps El Ghazi and…he sinks it, we score in the 34th. We push some more and then half. Don’t Get Complacent! We are winning shots and more. I send in Garcia, and then Oliver. In the 76th, Mance finds Oliver for a score. And its’ 2-0 right now. I head to my tactics and…holy crap! Did you know I was controlling the whole match? I thought I had swapped to counter. 80 minutes gone, and we have 15 shots, 5 on target to their 6 and 1, and 57% possession, 5 to 21 fouls, 6&% more passes completed ,and 5 more tackles and 18 % more headers. We’ve won every stat, with 10 minutes left in the game. Well I move to counter now, and watch that all change I send in Kadodia for DH. And that’s it. WOW. We win 2-0. Well done

We just went into freakin’ Barcelona and played control and dominated them. That is el crazy!

We have done well with the gauntlet of RS/RM/RS/Valencia/Napoli/Barca

Valenzuela in Team of Week

Away vs Sevilla – ST Jorge Mesa is back from injury. I want o give him some recuperation time. Sevilla are 6th. Oliver starts. Pick up where you all left off!!! Today is a special day – Jae-Hwans 125th cap. I ease to standard from control this time - I have five goals by the half by Dong-HYuk 3x, 1 by El Ghazi and Jae Hwan and assists by Valenzuelx2, Jae-Hwan, Oliver. Card to Mance. Keep it going! Kadodia for Mance, Garcia heads in, Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk in the 68th, They score in the 80th. We in 61 and MOM is Dong-Hyuk

This is a good game to unpack, because it reveals just how dominant we are

We have 23 shots, on the road, and 10 on target . They have 17 and 7 – not an unusual breakdown of goals. We won possession 53% which is good. We have 7 corners to their 5, not that different. 4 fouls to their 18. 78 to 71 % passes completed for us ,and 75 to 70 tackles won and 70 to 65 % for headers won. 2 yellows each, no reds. Nothing there suggests a final scoreline of 6-1. That this is not an unusual byline these days. Our numbers are becoming downright gaudy at times.

Dong-Hyuk sets a Melilla Record for most goals in a game.

Yet another mentee of DC Medhi Benatia is happy with the results.

Valencia is in free fall at 15th and they fired their manager

End of February –

Training – Adelson, Kadodia, Perez

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-11-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #305
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

You are ridiculously good at this game. That is all.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #306
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March –

Mar 2 – Home vs At. Madrid
Mar 6 – Away vs Mallorca
Mar 9 – Home vs Napoli, Champ Knockout Leg #2
Mar 12 – Home vs R. Betis
Mar 22 – SPAIN FRIENDLY VS AUSTRIA
Mar 27 – Away vs Malaga
Mar 29 – Quarter Final of Champ Leg #1

We are first in liga.

EIGHT of my players are named in Team of the week and two more in Subs. Everyone but Mance.

Roberto has the flu for a few days. We may start him anyways ,like Althof, due to who our opponent is…Whoops, never mind, I thought that was Ricardo. Robert, my GK can be sick al day long

At. Madrid is here and I make a wonky sub. Ever since he returned. Mance has been uneven. I start Kadodia today. Mance is the one player on my squad who’s not always playing up to his level of talent. He’s fine, he always gets good ratings, and has a solid number of goals, but you just never feel like he’s all there, if that makes sense. So I’m more comfortable tossing Kadodia into the ring today. We are 4-6 favs. Pick up where you left off! The rain looks nice here in North Africa. We injure one of their players – Lucas the great, young DC I love so much, from France/Spain but I could not convince to play for Spain. On a corner, Jae-Hwan shoots, and a defender gets in the way, and another pounces on the rebound and kicks it away, into his OG. They score on us in the 35th. Booking for our foes. 2-1 at the half. Don’t get complacent! Our foes have more shots on target than we do, and are looking lethal. I pull back to counter. I send in Oliver, Garcia. Grealish to Kadodia in the 89th. We win 3-1 MOM is Jae=Hwan

It’s early, but that guaranteed us Champions Cup qualifications

With 11 games left in the league, ,we are currently ahead of R Madrid by 23 points and At Madrid by 27.

Away vs Mallorca – Currently 17th in liga. Mance is back in. Pick up where you left off! They get a trio of early bookings. Quiet half 3 shots, 1 on target for both teams. You can still win this! Apparently by Valenzuela getting a yellow card. I’ll send in Oliver for him later likely. Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk for a score in 49th. I love it when the Yoons come together. Jae-Hwan to DongHyuk again in the 55th. Grealish a card. Dong-Hyuk to Ricardo in the 62nd. Grealish out for Bonnot, and yes, Oliver for Vale. Mesa heads in. they foul us just outside the box in the 85th minute. Ricardo sinks the DFK> We win 4-0 ,MOM is Ricardo.

SIX Players Named in Team of Week

Old 04-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #307
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
You are ridiculously good at this game. That is all.

Thanks!

But that's in part to the simple fact that I play it a lot. A lot

That's part of the reason I like to slow roll these and show you my dilemmas, and what I'm thinking behind teh scenes, you know?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-11-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #308
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game vs Napoli – With our 6-0 thumping of Napoli in their place, now all we need to do today is to be professional. They hit a shot early, and then we force them back, and they push aside multiple attacks, and get some yellows doing it. Half Show me something else.! Oliver does in the 59th, with a Velenzuela assists. Then they get a red card for a nasty foul in the 68th. I sub in Garcia and Kadodia. Ricardo crosses to Grealish in the 81st. And a lto of our shots miss, but we win 2-1. No cards. MOM is Ricardo. We win 8-1 aggregate

Mesa learns to knock ball past opponent

Game vs R. Betis, currently 6th in liga. I have Garcia, Diallo in DC, and Oiver in for Valenzuela, and when I do that, I move El Ghazi to DMC. Pick up where you left off! Jae-Hwan and Ricardo pass the ball back and forth on the right flank and then Jae-Hwan head to Grealish, who sets up Mace for a score at the 1:27 mark. Mance finds Dong-Hyuk in the 27th. By the 35 minute mark, our foes still don’t have one shot on goal. Half. Keep it up! I send in Bonnot, I want to try Cecchi out at ML now that we’ve trained him, so I pull Grealish for him, and then Kadodia. We win 2-0, and mOM is Jae-Hwan. Good win

Old 04-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SPAIN – I make my Spain Squad, with a few changes:

I remove from the squad:

Middie Dani Parejo, who’s older now and lost a few steps

I call up DC Javier Garcia, from my squad

Any other youth I want to try out?

As of right now we have DCs Perez, Garcia, Winger Corral, and ST Alfredo as our new young blood.

I’m swapping my 3rd GK From Pau Lopez to youther Adolfo Cruz.

Ibrahim is back from his injury

Cecchi is out for a week with a gashed head

Champions Cup Quarters:

Arsenal vs Olympiakos
Juventus vs Leverkusen
Man City vs Paris St-G
Melilla vs Porto

The other Spanish squads fell, we are the last one standing.

Valenzuela learns to switch ball to other flank

SPAIN VS AUSTRIA FRIENDLY

I make a few vicissitudes to my roster. Austria are the 18th ranked club. I start DC Garcia, Perez and Valleljo. I Also have Gaya and Asensio on the wings, Dani Olmo at AMC to give him some practice, Morata and young ST Alfredo, and Koke and Isco in the middle. So other than Corral, all of my young players are in. I want to see how they’ll hold up against a real opponent in Austria. There’s only so much you can learn about them in a major thumping of Estonia or Hungary. Game on! Asensio finds Alfredo in the 1:20 mark for a score. Gaya to Alfredo, goal in the 37th. Half. Keep it going! I sub a few people with 45 minute requests out – DC Vallejo for Mere, Isco for Thaigo and Koke for Sergi Darder. I Send in Corral for Gaya, and Mata for Olmo. Oliver for Asensio. We win 2-0, MOM is Alfredo.

Is Garcia ready for prime time? He had a 7.1 rating vs Austria, and they had 14 shots and 6 on target, and a clean sheet for us. Garcia and Perez and GK De Gea can all take some credit for that.

Alfredo is. He’s good to go.

BACK to UDM

Old 04-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #310
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I get my new intake of players. Anyone interesting here? Klose says that Jaime Sanchez is the potential to be one of the most gifted players to come through these ranks in years. That’s the first time I’ve heard that said about anyone in the Melilla youth ranks. I heard it a few times in other dynasties Anyways, let’s take a look:

WOW. Did I just get a free wonderkid?

DMC/MC Jaime Sanchez, 16 years old,

Phys – 14/15 speed, 12 agility, jump, fitness, staminia, 14 str 7 balance

Technical – 13 finish, 11 first touch, pass, tack, technique,

Mental – 17 team work, 16 determination, 15 work rate, 14 decisions, brave, 12 concentration, position, vision, 11 flair,composure, anticipation,

Resolute personality,

Born in Melilla

Reports – Consistent, team player, fits in, protecting, resolute, could improve a lot, and versatile, but only very well-suited right now to the next level down.

He is wow. Wow.

The football gods gave me a gift, but it’s too late for this dynasty, I doubt we’ll be playing 6 years into the future when Sanchez could be starting on the Spanish National Side

I sign him to a hot prospect deal forthwith

Away match vs #4 Malaga – Pick upwhere you left off. El Ghazi to Ricardo, score in the 4th Just one shot no targets, half. You are doing fine, but you can do better! Dong-Hyuk finds Ricardo in the 60th minute, he drives, takes a shot, Mance finishes the rebound from the crossbar. After Oliver is booked, Bonnot heads in. Cecchi for Mputu. They foul and Ricardo fails the PK. We win 2-0. MOM is Ricardo.

We now have…..SIXTY GAMES in the liga and haven’t lost.. Yay baby!

After singing with us, Jaime Sanchez is already worth 1.1 mill. None of my youther folks get that high, ever.

Ricardo in Team of Week

I list him for a loan. One of my coaches thinks Sanchez is so good, he could be better than Valenzuela. That is a recommendation.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #311
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS LEG #1 VS PORTO

We start Mputu, Cecchi, and Perez at DC, and then Valenzuela, El Ghazi, and the rest. We are home today vs Porto.

We are favorites. Pick up where you left off! Jae-Hwan to Graelish for a score in the 20th. Both teams have been on moves and pretty even thus far. Then in the 35th a corner by Grealish finds the ball and Mputu heads it headed away by a defender in the corner of the goal, and Dong-Hyuk pounces and scores. Three minutes later, on another corner by us, we get an OG. Although I’m not sure that counts. Ball falls to DC Perez who shoots, the ball richochets off the top of the crossbeam, then bounces off the back of a defender who’s back is to the goal and in. That’s as much of an OG as the crossbeam gets an assist every time a shot hits it and heads in. But, whatever. They fire back in the 43rd. 3-1 at the half. Don’t. Get. Complacent. Porto are moving forward hard for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. Ricardo with our first booking of the day. I Send in Bonnot for Ricardo straight, I don’t want to risk his carding, and he’s a bit tired too. And then Garcia for a tired Mputu. They foul Grealish hard, and I send in Ibrahim for him. EL Ghazi finds Mance in the 89th – and we win 4-1. MOM is Jae-Hwan.

Which players of note are leaving at the end of this year:

Retiring – Gameiro, Benatia

GK Ivan VIllar, ST Zeze, Jorge Gil,

Ja-Cheol signed a contract and is leaving for France

End of March –

Good Training – Althof, Garcia, Valenzuela

Old 04-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #312
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April –

April 2 – Home vs Villarreal
April 6 Away vs Porto, 2nd Leg, Champions Quarter
April 9 – Away vs Rayo
April 17 – Away vs Espanyol
April 20 – Home vs Levante
Apr 24 – Hoem vs At. Madrid
April 26 – Champ. Semi Final

We are 1st in the lgia by so many points that if we win today vs Villarreal, we will win the liga with 7 games to go. Diallo is in. Pick up where you left off! Grealish to Ricardo, goal, 1:51 mark Grealish to Dong-Hyuk for another, 9th minute. We injure one of theirs, Saul Costa, in the 29th and they have to sub him out. Mance is assisted by Jae-Hwan in the 44th. 3-0 us – half. Keep it going!!! I sub in Bonnot for Oliver, Kadodia for Mance, On a corner, Grealish finds Mputu for a goal in te 72nd. Garcia for Diallo. We win 4-0. MOM was Grealish and his hat-trick of assists.

We win the liga!

With 32 goals this season, Dong-Hyuk has more than the 31 Cascon had in 2015, and breaks the club record

SEVEN Players Named in Team of Week

Old 04-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #313
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPIONS CUP QUARTER FINALS LEG #2 AWAY AT PORTO

I focused on training with an eye to attacking set pieces today. With our 4-1 win at home, all we need to do is to hold serve and we’ll be fine. For today;s match, I am starting my best three DCs – Perez, Mputu, and Cecchi. Valenzuela, Oliver and the rest.

Pick up where you left off!!! Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk in the 0:33 mark. I slide to counter. I was expecting to start control and then ease back after it didn’t work or we got a goal, whichever was first. That was a fast goal though! As expected ,the kitchen sink is on the field and coming at us. We have a pair of counters that almost sink. And that’s when the magic happens. In the 33rd minute, off a third counter, the Jae-Hwan is drving, but all of the attackers to pass to are well marked – Grealish, Ricardo, Mance and Dong-Huk, and Jae-Hwan is being closed down. So he slides the ball back to unmarked Valenzuela. Who you might recall is an ace at long shots. As a player closes on Valenzuela, he dribbles up to range of his leg and just nails it, with no real opponents as everyone is man marking and keep Valenzuela from passing to them in the box. BOOM! That’s my team baby. 2-0 half. Keep it going! I sub in Ibrahim for Oliver, Kadodia for Mance. We are still taking hits from Porto, they are not letting up t the 85th minute, they have 19 shots and 11 on target. I sub in Garcia for Perez. We win 2-0 today, and 6-1 on aggregate. Congrats and making it to the Semis! Valenzuela is the MOM.

The other teams that won are Man City, Leverkusen, and Olympiakos

Semi Final Draw:

Leverkusen vs…..Man City
Melilla vs Olympiakos

Well, that’s a nice draw we’ve gotten. Napoli, Porto, and now Olympiakos. None of the heavies like Bayern M. (who was knocked out in the Group Stage) or Arsenal (Porto took them out).

I would not be surprised to see us in the finals.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #314
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bonnot adapts his game to get forward when possible

Match vs Rayo – Other than the heavies, I’ll skip most of the deets of these games moving forward, as we’ve already gotten our liga victory.

Starter changes: Diallo, EL Ghazi
Goals: Ricardo to Diallo; Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk; Grealish to Ricardo – 3-1 score
Subs: Kadodia, Garcia, Bonnot
Cards: 0
MOM: Ricardo

Valenzuela and Ricardo in Team of Week

Away vs Espanyol –

Starter changes: Garcia, Bonnot
Goals: Mance to Dong-Hyuk; Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk; Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk; Bonnot to Kadodia; 4-1
Subs: Kadodia, Ibrahim, El Ghazi
MOM: Dong-Hyuk

Jae-Hwan, Valenzuela and Dong-Hyuk in Team of Week.

Home vs Levante –

Starter changes: Kadodia, El Ghazi, Perez
Goals: Ricardo to Kadodia, Valenzuela to OG; Ricardo to Mesa; 3-1 us
Subs: Mesa, Cecchi, Oliver
MOM: RIcardo

The 18 assists Ricardo has thus far is a new liga record!

Sporting was relegated back down

Home vs At Bilbao -

Starter changes: Mance, Garcia
Goals: Valenzuela to Dong-Hyuk; Dong-Hyuk to Jae-Hwan; Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk; Bonnot to Dong-Hyuk – 4-0 final
Subs: Oliver, Bonnot, Cecchi
MOM: Dong-Hyuk

Four Players make Team of Week

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-12-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #315
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPIONS CUP SEM FINLS LEG #1 HOME VS OLYMPIAKOS

Today we are heading to the first leg of the only team that stands between us and the Champions Final Now we’ve been okay in European Play. Last year, despite a 4th seed last place, we got 2nd in the Group Stage, knocked Arsenal out, and we actually tied Juventus twice and never lost to them, then we beat Man Utd 3-1 in North Africa before losing by the same margin, and then losing on PKs. They would win, and no one pushed them as hard as we did.

This year we’ve looked sexy. Sure, we had an easier group, but we won every game in the group. We also won both legs against Napoli and Porto. As of today, we have won every single game in the Champions Play. And we are favored. We are expected to beat Olympiakos and make it to the final. We had a decent odds coming in of 50-1, around 9th or 10th best. So let’s see what we can do today.

Welcome to North Africa and Melilla

I have my best XI out there – El Ghazi in at MC.

I worked on attacking set pieces today, I’m going to start countering, just to see where we are. Pick up where you left off!!! Jae-Hwan to Dong-Hyuk for a score in the 27th. Our Greek foes aren’t happy about us opening and are looking for an away goal. Here they come. HARD. Ricardo booked. Mance to Dong-Hyuk on a counter in the 38th. They have more shots, and are winning everywhere but the goals, so at the half, I tell my folks to not get complacent. Dong-Hyuk to Grealish, 52nd. Our foes are collecting cards now, for the first time. I don’t want Ricardo pulled, so with a 3-0 score in hand, I send out Bonnot. A foul outside of the box leads to a DK and El Ghazi sinks it in the 64th. Garcia for a tired Perez. Valenzuela finds Bonnot for a score in the 82nd. I send in Oliver. We cruise to a 5-0 win, and Dong-Hyuk is MOM

BOOM!

Our foes set a record for most goals scored against in the Cup with 25 so far

Leverkusen won their game at home 1-0 against Man City, which does not bode well for them.

Mputu adapts his game to now refrain from taking long shots.

Kadodia has adapted his game to stop diving into tackles

Perez adapts his game to a more comfortable shorter passing game

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-12-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #316
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Away vs Sporting – The Team who already won against the team who already lost. Why even take bids for this match?

Starter changes: Diallo, Oliver, Garcia, Kadodia
Goals: Grealish to Perez; Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk; Win 2-0
Subs: Ibrahim, Mesa, EL Ghazi,
MOM: Ricardo

Grealish is out 4-5 weeks with a damaged knee cap

End of April –

Training of the Good –

Cecchi, Dong-Hyuk, Mance

Old 04-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #317
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May –

May 4 – Champions vs Olympiakos,Semi Final, 2nd Leg
May 7 – Home vs Cadiz
May 15 – Away vs Valladolid – final liga game
May21 – Spanish Cup Final vs Barcelona

Sad day. The yellow submarine has sunk. Cadiz were relegated. Elche as well

Perez named in Team of Week

CHAMPIONS CUP SEMIFINAL 2ND LEG VS OLYMPIAKOS

How does our foe, hosting, only sell out 56% of their stadium in a Semi Final for the Champions League? That’s sad small!

Due to his injury, Ibrahim is in for Grealish. Mance is back in, as is El Ghazi, Cecchi, Mputu, and I leave Diallo in. He’s battle tested.

Pick up where you left off! Dong-Hyuk finds Mance in the 5th to do just that. We start out nicely, and I pull back to counter. They fire back and hit us at the 13th Valenzuela finds Jae-Hwan in the 32nd for a score. A few more offenses ensue and they collect a card. Half time. 2-1 us. Keep it going! They are getting frustrated and it shows. They almost gift us a OG in the 53rd. Only the crossbar saved them. I send in Oliver for Ibrahim, who’s no longer match fit. They foul Ricardo in the 70th in the box and…..El Ghazi drills the PK and we get another goal. In heads….who wants to play 20 minutes of a Champions Semi-Final? Gameiro! You’ve never been this high or deep ever for a club, and you are retuning at the end of the season. Go head on out there! El Ghazi comes out. Thanks for the goal buddy! Last sub – Kadodia, go on out there. Cecchi scores on a FK in the 81st. Ricardo found Kadodia, who slid it to Cecchi for the score. We win 4-1 tonight, 9-1 aggregate, and MOM is Ricardo

WHOA!!! Leverkusen just blew up Man City 4-0 away, and won 5-0 aggregate. That sets up an odd scenario where both teams have never won. Leverkusen was here once before and lost.

The 12 games we won is a record for the Champions Cup

The 8 assists by Ricardo is a new Cup record

The 6 MOM by Ricardo is a new Cup record

Old 04-13-2016, 12:37 AM   #318
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cadiz -

Starter changes: Kadodia, Garcia
Goals: Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk, 16th; Ricardo to Dong-Hyuk, 41st; Dong-Hyuk to Kadodia, 66th; Bonnot to Kadodia, 74th; Dong-Hyuk to Kadodia; 83rd – we win 5-0
Subs: Perez, Bonnot, Mesa
Cards: Garcia
MOM: Kadodia

El Ghazi wants a new offer and I agree. He earned it this year. I make him a new deal.

Mance improves in training to a “World Class Striker” according to my scouts and coaches, but he’s not showing it. I give him the role best suited for him, advanced forward, and he’s not doing world class work.

Look at this way:

Mance – 46 games this season, 23 goals, 16 assits

Now that’s not bad. He’s got a 7.4 ratig for me But that’s in the middle of a goal apocalypse my team has fomented. Here, let’s look -

Dong-Hyuk, 55 games, 45 goals, 12 assists

And Mance is on an attack advanced forward while DH is a supporting completed forward.

Everyone has been raining goals this season, and Mance is the worst of the lot. Kadodia has 14 starts, 2 3 subs, often late, and 19 goals. Ricardo has 26 goals.

SIX players in Team of Week

Old 04-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #319
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SPAIN –

May 11, 2022 – I need to choose our prelimary world cup squad:

Around my current 23 I call up:

D/WB/M/AM L Juan Bernat, 29, of Bayern

Uncapped middie Unai Lopez, 26, plays for At. Madrid

Middle and ST Nahuel Lieva, uncapped, 25, plays for Villarreal

DC/DMC Sergio Busquets

DC Marc Bartra

AMC/ST Juanmi, Southhampton, 28

Uncapped 22 yer old Juan Carlos Agirre, plays a lots of middie roles

Get ready for the inevitable heat. Not as much pushback as expected. Good

Spanish Payer of the Year arrives and Isco was first, our DC Dani Perez second, and Jesus Vallejo 3rd.

Spanish Young Player of the Year arrives and Ricardo won. Valenzuela is 2nd and Dani Perez 3rd

El Ghazi’s new deal is done. 120k/week for 4 years he’s worth 40 million

GK Roberto has announced he is retiring at the end of the season

R. Valladolid -

Starter changes: Benatia, Gamiero, Ja-Cheol
Goals: Ricardo goal, pickup off ground in corner scrum, 2nd minute; Dong-HYuk to Mance, 35th; 21 win
Subs: Diallo, Oliver, Mesa
MOM: NA

Old 04-13-2016, 01:45 AM   #320
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And we finish the season unbeaten. Two draws, 36 wins, and a 110 showing.

Table:

1. UD Melilla, 110 points
2. R Madrid, 83 points
3. At. Madrid, 78 points
4. Barcelona, 67
5. Malaga, 63
6. Sevilla, 59
7. Valencia, 58
8. Betis, 58
9. Sociedad, 57
10. At. Bilbao, 56
11. Levante, 48
12. Getafe, 48
13. Reya, 43
14. Espanyol, 43
15. Valladolid, 43
16. Villarreal, 40
17. Mallorca, 33
18. Elche, 28
19. Cadiz, 25
20. Sporting, 22

Stats for the Liga –

We won in things like headers won %, average possession, and form

With 107 most goals by 31 over Espanyol

Best cross completion % in liga

Most goals from corners 9, by far

We had a DFK goal, no one had more than 1

With 12, more goals from IFks than others, by far

Most shots on taget by 50 or so over R Madrid (321 to 276)

Everyone played hard against us and we led the league with fouls against hard 665, the next has low 400s.

We led in dribbles per gam by 4

We conceded just 20 goals, fewest in the liga by 3 over R MAdrd and 10 over At. Madrid

2 from corners, 2 from IFK

Tied with Malaga for 2nd best in league in clean shets with 19, RM had 20

4th fewest fouls with 267

2nd highest attendance %

2nd in stadium sellouts

5th biggest salary

Just 30 yellow cards, 3rd best

Old 04-13-2016, 02:16 AM   #321
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now here were our tactics:

3-1-4-2 DM

Control

Retain Possession – Works to help establish and keep control of a game

Work the Ball Into the Box – I added this around halfway through when I found I was shifting to it in roughly 2.3rd of my games. Our offense blew up after I made this change

Low Tempo – Work it slow, don’t get crazy, keep control

Play out of Defense – Keep my DCs woking on hitting Valenzuela or my MCs, not trying to get cute otherwise.

Use Offside Trap

Use Tighter Marking – Helps to keep attackers marked, slowing them down so they can’t exploit lack of DR/L as much.

Stay on Feet – We have good tackling, don’t waste it by going to ground, tackle, and use it to keep going

Be More Expresseiv, Fluid Team Shape, Roam from Postiions - - I only have these on due to the strong intelligence, flair, vision, and creatitivy my team has. Players like Ricardo, Valenzula, and Jae-Hwan need space to be at their best.

Slightly Higher D Line – Keeping foes a little more out of your area, preventing too many issues, and with a fast and pacey DCs I have, we can pull back if someone breaks out.

So there you are, all of my various settings

I’ve used this tactic extensively! I make changes, bbut I love the 3-1-4-2 and what it offers.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #322
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga Players –

With 11, Ricardo was 2nd most in MOM behind J Brandt and his 13. Jaw-Hwan was tied for 3rd with 8.

At 8.32 Ricardo had the best rating, Jae-Hwan 8.29 was 2nd, Bradt of RM was 8.13 and 3rd. Valenzueal was 7.95 and 4th, and then Grealish at 5th with 7.79.

With 29 goals, Dong-Hyuk led the league. 2nd was Espanyol’s Matias Ramos with 26. Ronaldo was 3rd with 20. Ricardo tied for 6 at 18 goals.

Dong-Hyuk’s 54% shots on target was 6th.

Ricardo’s 20 assists leads the beageu and sets the record. Jae-Hwan had 17 and was 2nd

Jae-Hwan 2nd in key passes behind Brandt

At 87%, Valenzuela’s pass complation is 1st, and EL Ghazi 2nd at 86%

With 6.12, Ricardo was 2nd in dribbles/game behind Brandt. Jae-Hwan’s 5.1 is 5th.

Althof led in fewest goals conceded, and was 2nd in clean sheets with 19

We currently have 72 liga games in a row without losing

Old 04-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #323
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Spanish League Player of the Year is announced:

Ricardo
Brandt from RM
Jae-Hwan

Top Goalscorer Award –

Dong-Hyuk

Top GK Of the Year:

Lukas Althof

Manager of the Year:

Julio Rodriguez Salgado

Team of the Season includes……..

SIX players:

Dani Perez
Sergio Valenzuela
Ricardo
Yoon Jae-Hwan
Yoon DongHyuk
Jack Grealish

Sevilla the most improved

A Tycoon is taking over Celta

Dynamo Kiev wins the EURO Cup over Barcelona

Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2022 SPANISH CUP VS BARCELONA

I start our Top XI With Oliver in at ML instead of Ibrahim. Perez, Mputu, Cecchi in the back

I worked on set pieces this week. Barca are missing Luis Suarez.

Pick up where you left off!!!

Ricardo drives, finds Dong-Hyuk, who slides the ball to Mance for the score. 9th minute of play. In the 14th minute, Jae-Hwan is driving, passes the ball over to Dong-Hyuk. He lays it wonderfully ahead of Oliver in the box. Oliver shoots, the ball is good and pushed aside, Mance on the rebound puts it in. 2-0. By the 25th inute, we have 7 shots and 4 on target to their 2-2, we are leading 53/47 possession, and winning every other acategroy. They have 10 fouls to our zero. They build a counter…turned aside. Another……turend aside. Half. Keep focused!!! Quiet minutes ebb. In the 61st, I send in Ja-Cheol for an underperforming Oliver on the wing. In case we need the set piece machine. And there it is! Sometimes I am just downright prescient! In the 66th, on a FK< Ja-CHeol finds Mance for the score. His hattrick. In the 78th I send in Diallo for Mputut. Then Ibrahim follows for El Ghazi. And we win! 3-0, MOM is MAnce

CONGRATS!!!

That’s the first S Cup in Melilla’s history

We won the treble – Super Cup, League, Spanish Cup

As of today, Julio Rodriguez Salgado enters the Spanish Hall of Fame

FC Barcelona sacked their manager!

I called him out on his unprofessional calling out of Ja-Cheol before the match

Old 04-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #325
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

SPAIN Final 23 –

Any changes?

Nah, I pull back to the 23 I am grooming

Out – DC Arta, Busquest, BArnat, LEiva, and such. One major change - Unai Lopez is in and ST Diego Costa is removed from the squad.

Unai is 26, uncapped, can play every midfield position, is solid, sotron, players for At. Bilbao, and is a good, strong choice for the squad. Diego is getting too old, at 33 and at ST he;s lost a few steps. Alfredo is kept to replace him, and that frees up room for U. Lopez

Our Squad:

GK De Gea, Sergio Rico, Aldolfo Cruz
DC Garcia, Perez, Vallejo, Duarte, Mere, Martinez
ST Alfredo, Morata, A. Perez,
AMC Juan Mata, Dani Olmo
MC Thaigo, Koke, Isco, Oliver, Sardia, U Lopez
Wings – Gaya, Asensio, oral

I have Mata, Oliver, who can play ST, tons for the AMC, and lots for the wings.

All of these current Mellia players are n World Cup Squads:

Jack Grealish, England
Garcia, Perez, Oliver – Spain
Althof – Germany
Jae-Hwan, Dong-Hyuk South Korea
Cecchi – Italy
Mputu – Belgium
Mance – Croatia
Bonnot – France
El Ghazi – Holland
Joe Heath - Australia

These former players are on teams:

Ndi
Ouattara
Ragazzi
Cook
Milic
Burki
Seung-Gyu
Sayed
Ruben Martinez

Old 04-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #326
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL VS LEVERKUSEN

We are 5-4 favs to win. We can do this!

Again, I worked on attacking set pieces. Are you all ready for this?

Grealish;s injury is over, but he’s very unhealthy, he will not start today. No changes to my Staring XI from the Cup match.

Carry on from last time!!!

Today’s game is in Old Trafford.

By the 20th minute, we have 3 shots, 2, and they 0 yet. All us thus far. They collect a yellow for fouling Ricardo. They get a counter in the 22nd, held by Althof. Ricado dribbles to the corner, finds Valenzuela running into the corner of the box and he scores. 24th minute. They foul Jae-Hwan hard and get another card. They are clearly targeting my stars. A major offense of ours falls to eventually nothing. They cross and fire dangerously, and Althof punches into the stands. I slide to standard, they are pushing. Dong-Hyuk finds Jae-Hwan to his left on a score in injury time.

2-0 us, half. If you get complacent I will shoot you!

Stats are very even at the half save for we are owning the scoreboard and headers.

We push hard for 10 minutes, and they collect another card. A 4th is theirs. In the 61st, I send in Bonnot for Oliver. In the 70th, I Send in Kadodia for Mance. They aren’t getting shots to sink, they are deparate and taking long ones. At the 70th minute, We have 13 shots and 8 on target to their 11 and 2. Jae-Hwan booked our first card of the game. They fire a long shot at Althof, he holds. Another card for Leverkuen. Diallo for Perez. We win 2-0. MOM is Valenzuela. CONGRATS!!!

Yay baby!

Old 04-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #327
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

World Cup Matches are scheduled for:

Rabat
Marrakech
Tangier
Fes
Casablanca
Tetouan
Laayoune
Agadir
El Jadia
Ait Melloul
Khenfirfra
Oujda

European International League division A draw, and Spain is matched with with Italy and Holland

Melilla are invited for a Chinese Tour in August and agree.

Diallo has applied for, and gained, Spanish citizenship.

We make an epic-amount of money for winning

Ricardo led with 9 assists and Dong-Hyuk with 11 goals.

Our 40 goals in the Cup beats the most previous scored with a Real Madrid campaign that notched 38.

Dong-Hyuk wins the Cups Golden; Boot award

Mance got 3rd

SEVEN of our players are named to the Champions Cup Dream Team – Mance, Dong-Hyuk, Mputu, Perez, Grealish, Ricardo, and Jae-Hwan

Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #328
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Melilla End of Season Awards:

Fans Player of the Season –

Yoon Jae-Hwan
Ricardo
Yoon Dong-Hyuk

Yearly Trainign Summary –

Good – Dong-Hyuk, Ricardo, Kadodia, and Perez

I ask for new training facilities, the board tells me nope, so again, I leak it to the press, and they have announced more improvements

Granada promoted

The Board have announced a new plan for a new stadium, with a cost of around 54 mill, will have 22,500 and retractable roof and undersoil heating.

Perez comes to me and asks to get a better deal since he’s a much better player now. True, I agree.

End of May –

Best Player in Europe Award –

Ricardo
Jae-Hwan
Eden Hazard

Old 04-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #329
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So I'm about to hit up the Spanish 2022 World Cup Campaign in Morocco. I want to focus on that here in the thread. After the conclusion of the WC, I'll get you caught up on all things Melilla.

I also intend to slow roll this. Wen you play in a WC, you pay a lot more attention to the details, you know?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

BEGIN THE 2022 WORLD CUP FOR SPAIN

The first rounds of the pre-cup friendlies are here. I have Italy on tap first

I start DCs Garcia, Perez, and Vallejo, Juan Mata at AMC, the normal middesl, and them Morata and Alfredo at ST. I want to see how Alfredo and my rookie DCs, good against teams like Austria, perform against a heavy like Italy. Good luck! My entire Melilla defense is out here right now – Ragazzi, Cecchi, Garcia, Perez. Kind of funny. I’’ll keep this quick. We win 3-1, with goals by Morata, assist by new squadee Unai Lopez, by youther ST Alfredo, assist by Morata, and by Asensio.

Certainly not a bad way to start our campaign in the freindlies

With his fifth cap as a starter for France, Bonnot got his first goal and gained a 5 cap increase in his salry to 25k/week

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #331
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FRIENDLY – SPAIN VS CHILE

I make a few changes to our roster, but not too many. Players like Thiago are starting. You got this! Gaya to Alfredo – score in the 4th. Morata to Alfedo in the 17th, They fire back. . Alfredo to Mata, score Then they score and it’s 3-2 at the half. Olmo to Asnesio to Morata for a score in the 65th. They score again. ST Perez scores in the 89th. We win 5-3.

Two wins, 3-1 and 5-3 vs two Top 20 teams. That’s good stuff.

Ready?

Juan Mata is considered the 3rd best candidate for the most goals in the tournament

Dong-Hyuk is ofically Europe’ top markers after will the European Gold Show.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #332
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 10 – The Games Begin!

Morocco over Qatar 4-1. The entire world celebrates
France over Croatia 2-1 – Mance with the score.

June 11 –

Brazil and Austria tie 1-1
Cameroon over Iran 2-0

Switzerland 2-1 over Argentina.

June 12 –

South Korea tie Ghana 1-1

Germany loses to Belgium 0-1
Egypt over Mexico 2-1

And that brings us to….

Old 04-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #333
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

WORLD CUP 2022 GROUP STAGE GAME ONE SPAIN VS SWEDEN

You know our starters. The same for the Italy game. Here we go!

Welcome to Fes!

I begin controlling and we have the initial advantage. Sweden are ranked 19th in the world to our 5th. By the 30th minute, no goals, but Sweden haven’t even had a shot. Then We hit they hay in the 32nd minute. Our team captain and deep lying playmer Koke sets up Mata for a foal. In the 44th, Isco is driving, and he slides the ball to Vallejo who is open, fires a long shot on target, wow, and then their GK pushes it asid.e Isco falls on it for a score. 2-0 at the half. Don’t think about getting complacent out there. Sweden still with no shots at all. Sweden sub someone at the half opens. . Corral for Gaya on the ML. Then I send in DC Duarte for Vallejo. ST Perez for a tired Morata. We win 2-0, and Sweden were never in that game . MOM is Asensio

Old 04-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #334
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's finish up these first games!

June 13 –

New Zealand ties Ecuador 1-1

Australia loses to Ukraine 0-1

June 14 –

Algeria lose to England 0-1

Costa Rica lose to Ivory Coast 2-4 – Marc Zeze with a goal for the Ivorians

Portugal lose to Columbia 1-2

June 15 –

France 6-0 over Qatar – the world celebrates

USA 0 vs Italy 0

Uruguay 2 over Holland 0

Old 04-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #335
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 16 –

Croatia over Morocco 3-0 – Mance one goal

Austria over Cameroon 6-0

Brazil over Iran 4-0

The day of the lopsided shut outs

June 17 -

Argentina and South Korea tie 1-1

Ghana 4-1 over Switzerland

Belgium 3-1 over Egypt. Mputu scored a goal

Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 PM   #336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GAME 2 GROUP STAGE WORLD CUP 2022 SPAN VS NEW ZEALAND

My team last game had a great defense, and Perez with a 7.6 rating and Garcia a 7.9. They are in. Gaya is tired, I send in Corral. The rest of my squad will remain as is

Pick up where you left off! Morata deep finds Asensio, who gets a cross to Mata for a score in the 10th minute. My folks move forward with momentum and heat. But nothing occurs. No cards for either team either. Half. That’s not bad, but you can do better. We are taking a lot fo shots, they aren’t getting on target. Then in the 58th, they foul Asensio in the box. Isco sinks the PK. Thiago for Mata, and DC Duarte for a tired Garcia. He’s good, at 7.2 rating, but he’s tired. Alfredo finds Asesio scores in the 77th. I send in Perez for Alfredo. We win 3-0, MOM is Asensio again, and that’s another win. That was Koke’s 70th game for SPain

That secures us qualification

Old 04-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #337
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 18 –

Germany over Mexico 5-1

Ecudaor over Sweden 3-1

June 19 -

Australia beats England, 3-2 – Jack Grealish a goal for Eng-er-land

Ukraine and Algeria tie 2-2

Portugal over Ivory Coast 4-1

June 20 –

Colombia 1-0 over Costa Rica

Italy 2-0 over Uruguay

Holland 3-0 over USA – El Ghazi with a goal

2nd Group of games done

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #338
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 21 –

Croatia 2-1 over Qatar, Mance with a goal

France and Morocco 1-1 tie

Brazil 6-1 over Cameroon – Ricardo goal

Austria 2-0 over Iran

June 22 –

Argentina 1-0 over Ghana

South Korea over Switzerland – 3-0 Dong-Hyuk with a hat trick!

Germany over Egypt – 3-2

Belgium over Mexico 2-0

Which leads to:

Old 04-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #339
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GROUP STAGE GAME 3 WORLD CUP 2022 SPAIN VS ECUADOR

I start DC Martinez for Garcia, Thiago for Isco, and move Gaya back to the ML spot.

Pick up where you left off!!! We score in the 7th minute as Morata finds A,fredo Then they score in the 15th, and then anothrr in the 34th. We grab back a goal ona corner where Dani Perez gest the kcik, and then backs it to Vallejo, who finishes it. 2-2 half. Show me something else! We with a Morata Alfredo goal in the 55th. Asensio a goal but he gets a card so I send in Corral for Asensio after he grabs a card. Cards for DC Martinez and Thiango as well. Oliver for Thiago. Then Corral finds Alfredo in the 73rd for is hatrick. I send in Olmo for Mata. And then we win 5-2. MOM is Alfredo with his hatrick.

Now we didn’t break any expectations. We have dominated a group with Ecuador, New Zealand, and Sweden. But we have won with a collective 10-2 goals, and dominance.

We totally won by winning. I’ll show you how in a bit.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #340
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 23 –

Sweden over New Zealands 3-0

Australia over Algeria, 2-1 our ST Martinez got a goal for Australia

England 3-0 over Ukraine

June 24 -

Colombia 2-0 over Ivory Coast

Portugal 4-1 over Costa Rica

Italy 3-0 over Holland

USA 1-0 over Uruguay

Group stages are all set, and we have an epic ton of upsets, and unusual folks that made it out. In fact, by being one of the few heavies that actually played to expectations, Spain is on a high right now:

Old 04-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #341
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Group Stage Results!!!

Group A:

Out – France, Croatia – no surprises

Group B:

Out – Brazil, Austria, no surprises

Group C:

Out – South Korea, Ghana – Fell, Argentina, Switzerland

Group D:

Out Belgium, Germany – Mexico out

Group E:

Spain and Ecuadar are out

Group F:

England and Australia are out – Ukraine good, and expected to get out

Group G:

Colombia and Portugal out,

Group H:

Italy and USA out, and Uruguay and Holland are both out

So these major players lost – Uruguay, Holland, and of course, Argentina

Only Spain, Colombia, and Belgium won all three games in their group

Knockout Rounds:

Austria v France
Brazil v Croatia
South Korea v Germany
Ghana v Belgium
Spain v Australia
England v Ecuador
Colombia v USA
Portugal v Italy

Not a lot of true heavy v heavy matchups – Portugal Italy seems the only matchup. So I’ll be rooting for Austria, Croatia, South Korea, Ghana, Ecuador and Colombia/USA don’t care.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #342
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2022 WORLD CUP KNOCKOUT STAGES

June 25 –

On penalty kicks, Austria beats France 0-0

Brazil over Croatia 2-0

I was hoping to see the uppity Croatians take down the giants themselves. As well. The fall of France is to see.

June 26 –

Ghana 2-0 over Belgium – First African Side to make it to the quarters. Congrats!

In a 0-0 penalties, South Korea upsets and drops Germany

Holy Crap!

So in two days, Germany, Belgium, and France all fell. Now, I wish Brazil had fallen. (This is proof I don’t reload saves, I would have reloaded that game as many times as possible to remove that headache )

Spain doesn’t have the top notch talent that Brazil does, but Croatia does. There are multiple Croatians that are looking very good, not just Mance, but others as well

And that brings us to…..

June 27 -

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #343
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

THE 2022 WORLD CUP IN MOROCCO BRINGS TO YOU THE KNOCKOUT ROUND MATCH OF SPAIN VS AUSTRALIA

We already took out New Zealand. Australia is next!

Our starters:

De Gea, Perez, Vallejo, Garcia
Asensio, Gaya, Isco, and Sergi Darder (Koke is too tired)
Juan mata
Morata, Alfredo

Here we go. Pick up where you left off!!!

We begin controlling. Welcome to Ait Melloul

In the 5th minute, Alfredo drives to the left, under pressure by two Australians in the corner by the flag. Spons, truns, jukes both and runs, crosses to Mata, for a headed goal. By the 25th minute, we have 8 shots, 5 on target, to their 0. I’d like to get another goal soon to push this game. 1-0 is too easy to lose momentum. I modify a few instructions to push. A bunch of shots that are good follow, but none sink. Our foes collect a card. Half. We need to turn our offensive dominace into more goals. 13-8 to their 1-0 But a counter, a set piece, and we are in dangerous water. Don’t get complacent out there! Vallejo booked. Gaya follows. Darder follows. I tel my guys to lay off the tackles. In the 63rd, off a corner kick Isco fires the ball into the box, and Dani Perez, our Dani Perez, heads it in for goal. His first goal for Spain! I am going to start pulling folk with cards. DC Duate for Vallejo. They hit a counter in the 70th minute. Corral for Gaya. Unai Lopez for Dardar. Corral passes to Alfredo and he scores in the 82nd. We win 3-1. MOM is Alfredo with an assist and goal.

While we were playing, Ecuador beat England 1-0

Wow

We make it to the Quarters

June 28 –

Colombia wins 3-2 over the USA

Italy just thump Portugal 4-0.

And so the teams that drop are USA, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Australia, Croatia, France, England

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:34 PM   #344
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

THE 2022 WORLD CUP QUARTER FINALS

We have these matches:

Austria v Ghana
Brazil vs South Korea
Spain vs Italy
Ecuador to Colombia

Interesting matches are all around.

Now we have a heavy. Italy. Not a chump team. We beat them in a friendly just a few weeks ago 3-1. They are a team we can beat

Here are the top 20 rankings of the world right now:

Brazil
Argentina
England
Holland
Spain
Mexico
France
Belgium
Colombia
Germany
USA
Ghana
Portugal
Uruguay
Serbia
Switzerland
Italy
Costa Rica
Ukraine
Austria

We have left in the tournament #1, #5, #20, #12, #17, #23, #28

As of today I think most people would agree that Brazil and Spain are the only major clubs left to really pull off an upset. We have to do our work with Italy of course, and I;m rooting hard core for South Korea and my Yoons, but I think we all know that it’s either Brazil or the winner of the Italy-Spain match that is likely to win this thing.

We’ve had a very easy path. Sweden? #26. New Zealand? #106. Australia? #21. Ecuador? #23. So now that we’re past the crap, we have Italy. Now our expecations heading in were to make the Semis. That’s what they think we should do, and we have been on cruise control. We won our friendlies, and we’ve won every game thus far, all by multiple goals, and we are going to be favorites vs Italy as well.

But let’s see

Old 04-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #345
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 1:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWO

Brazil loses 1-2 to South Korea. Dong-Hyuk with 2 goals – Brazil lost one of their stars to injury early.

Ghana over Austria 2-0

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Dang Korea. You are the giant slayer of this tournament. Wow.

But the benefit is that there is an opening. A semi final of Ghana, South-Korea, Ecuador/Colombia and hopefully us suddenly looks really good for us.

We are the only Top Ten ranked team in the world left. But we have to hold our serve. We head to Marrakech

Old 04-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #346
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

THE 2022 WORLD CUP AT STADE DE MARRAKECH QUARTER FINAL – ITALY VS SPAIN

I don’t believe in load-save cheating. But this has the feeling of fate. Of destiny. Of opening for Spain, of a Moroccan Head Coach who took a North African side, in the bottom of Spanish football, took it to the top, and now can get Spain another win in the World Cup in Morocco, when living in the city that’s really Moroccan in all but name.

That’s just just. But if Italy wins today and stays up and wins the World Cup, then that’s what happens. There no do overs. But it does feel like destiny. I’ve only gotten past the Quarters once before, with Ukraine, and then lost in the Semis to the winners and then won the 3rd place match agains a despondant Brazil.

Ukraine was my best. Ever. And that was with Shevchenko at his top form. I don’t have that goal-scoring machine. What I do have for you today is a better overall squad. This is a very rich, very deep squad. We are Spain. And now, I am the heavy. I have the heavy. It’s an odd place to be, I’ve always had the underdog, the scrappy blue color work-hard and you’ll get these complacent numskulls.

And now I have Spain

So Spain? Pick up where you left off!

Old 04-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #347
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My only changes to my starting 11 is to bring back Koke after resting. I pulled my tired people early last game ,and I also am starting a few people, like Morata, with a 90% condition. But this is the World Cup, and that’s Italy across the room, so we’re running the normal starting squad here.

For Spain!

Wow, I was expecting a match that would be…interesting. At the 33rd minute, we have 2 shots, 1 on target. So does Italy. We have 52% possession, 3 fouls each, 2 to 1 corner, and we have fewer passes completed but more headers made. This is not a fun game. Come on now. Let’s stop playing footsie and start playing football!

Vallejo gets a card. Italy with one. Half.

I am far from pleased with that!

Still boring.

In the 60s we are building momentum. I sub in Corral for Gaya and Thiago for Mata. I’m trying everything I Know. Work the ball into the box! Use whipped crosses! And then the magic happens. In the 84th, Asensio is dribbling hard and fast down the right flank - two defenders mark him. He pulls up and passes to Morata. Everyone knows who Morata is and his legacy. So they are marking him tightly. No space for a shot and he’;s outside of the box. So he feeds the pass between defenders to Alfredo, who squirts free from his marker to grab the ball. He fires, and that’s goal. Darder for Koke. Cecchi gets a yellow card on my team in the 89th. 2 minutes of stoppage time. I have slid to counter, tight marking, and low tempo. . De Gea sniffs out a counter and ends it and launches the ball to Thiago for our use. Great cross by Morata and a shot by THaigo on target, pursued aside for a corner. One minute done. 30 seconds….Game! MOM is Asensio

Now lest you think we didn’t earn that win. We pulled ahead in the second half:

15 shots/ 6 on target to their 8 and 2
56% possession us
11 corners to their 1
11 fouls to their 16
72% passes completed to their 62
72% tackles won to their 78%
64% headers to their 58
1 yellow to their 2
7.08 rating to their 6.76

We won every category but tackles, with a strong second half. We earned this win.

I have some tired folks We may have to make some subs and changes later

Ecuador over Colombia 3-1

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-13-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #348
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

THE 2022 WORLD CUP SEMIFINALS

Your final matches:

Spain vs South Korea
Ecuador vs Ghana

Ghana as had a miracle tournament, and is standing long after lummiares of the football world have fallen. It’s the best result by African side ever, by far. Meanwhile, South Korea are deeper than they have ever been, and no Asian nation has ever made it this far. Ecuador is the final South American power standing – raise your hand if you saw that coming.

And we are Goliath in a tournament of Davids.

Vallejo reached a suspension with too many yellows.

July 5 –

Ecuador 3-1 over Ghana

Africa Weeps

Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #349
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2022 WORLD CUP SEMIFINAL MATCH SOUTH KOREA VS SPAIN

We are heavy favorites for today's match. Welcome to Rabat!

Changes to my squad:

DC Duarte in for DC Vallejo – Perez and Garcia are fine – they are my young, durable, studs.

I pulled Gaya early, he’s fine. Isco is good, and Koke is pulled for Darder. Both Mata and Morata are at 90% and I’m keeping them in, but I want to keep my folks from getting too banged up. If we get up early, I will likely pull tired folks early.

The only yellows we have are with Gaya and Darder, so I’m not concerned about them potentially missed the final, one is a sub and the other features a sub

South Korea are starting Jae-Hwan, Dong-Hyuk, and Kim Myung-Ho, all ours. Seung-Gyu is on the bench, and Ja-Cheol was not called up

The weak links of the Korean squad are their defense. They have Dong-Hyuk, Jae-Hwan,and others.

As of today, both Alfredo for Spain and Dong-Hyuk for Korea are tied with 5 goals each, and 1 behind a Brazilian goal leader? So if one or the other breaks out today, they are likely to be the goal leader for the tournament barring someone needing multiple goals from Ecuador

Alright…

Good luck!

This is a weird game. I’m rooting for players in both jerseys.

Even against Italy, I wasn’t really rooting for Cecchi or Ragazzi.

Sorry Korea!

In the 8th minute, Alfredo opens up scoring with a Gaya cross from the touchline on a counter. Alfredo is just way too fast for these guys.

Wow Korea you suck!

You just injured Morata!

I send in ST Perez in the 13th minute

Well now I’m done having any doubts. Today I am crushing you and your injury laden ways!

Sigh..

Jae-Hwan scores

22nd minute

Normally a time of celebration here on my couch. That;s a line that makes me do a jig. Sigh.

Dong-Hyuk scores in the 35th minute

And we are now down 1-2.

I slide to control

Asensio finds Isco for a score in the 44th

Half

Tied 2-2

DAMN KOREA YOU SUCK! (Not really )

I’m not happy with that!

Old 04-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #350
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Duarte with a yellow in the 56th

We have the ball in their box in the 60-62 mark, and a few shots and corners, and then Gaya finds Mata deep, they tackle the ball, Gaya heads to Isco instead, who scores.

I sub in DC Mere for Duarte, who’s not having a good day

Alfredo is all over this pitch, driving, controlling, passing – he’s on fire. Jae-Hwan is booked.

Now our foes come forward, and they are fighting, getting corners, and what not. But we survive

Mata is done, he is dead, tired, and not doing too well. I Send in Dani Olmo to give us the pop and zest only a young 23 year old can do and drop the age at that position by 11 years.

DAMMIT SOUTH KOREA . WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP SCORING ON ME? I HAVE NEVER MADE THE WORLD CUP FINALS BEFORE AND YOU ARE IN MY WAY!

Grrrrrrrr

Score by Heung-Min in the 88th

3-3. Game