Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 23, 2011 -

Before the match against them, Coventry City Paul Scholes stated that he feels Manchester United is a very strong contender for the Premier Division Crown this year. He told journalists from Football365.com that as fas as he was concerned, Manchester United had the quality within their squad to make it difficult to look beyond them as potential champions.

I decide not to respond to that comment.

Interestingly enough, we drew Coventry at home in the third round of the English League Cup today.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 24, 2011 -

Today we play Coventry. They are playing a 4-5-1 and are doing well in the EPL so far this year. They are currently in 5th place while we are in 1st. Their team is led by the strong play of striker Shola Ameobi. Their midfield is very strong with Richie Partridge playing well at right wing, Paul Konchesky playing well at left wing. Their midfield is ruled by Gareth Williams and Graham Barrett. Their centrebacks Jay McEveley and Simon Mensing are good. Their keeper Paul Anderson is young and inexperienced, but he is getting better with time. I hope we can fluster him today.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Howard
DL: O'Shea
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Grygera
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MC: Cook
MR: Schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: Smith

S1: Taylor
S2: Parker
S3: Marino
S4: Cahais
S5: King
Old 03-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Schreurs passes down the right sideline to Smith.. he crosses to McFadden.. he heads it.. wide right.

8 minute mark: McFadden crosses from the left side of the box.. the keeper punches it away.. Djemba gets the ball.. he shoots.. upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Lucio intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Cook.. who passes it to Lucio who has run up the pitch.. Lucio passes between two defenders to Smith.. he fakes left.. dribbles right.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

30 minute mark: Schreurs passes it long to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Great assist by Schreurs.

Halftime: We are up 3-0. We have over 62,000 fans here today.

I put Parker on for Djemba and King on for Smith because Parker and King are both losing match fitness.

46 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles up the right sideline.. crosses to the far post.. McFadden jumps.. heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

60 minute mark: I put Cahais on for Ferdinand to get Cahais some match practice.

85 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Ameobi.

89 minute mark: Cahais heads it to Duff on the left wing.. he passes it long from midfield into the box.. King gets to it.. shoots.. blistering shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0. That is King's first goal of the year.

Game over. 5-0 win.

We outshot them 12-5 (7-1 on target)

James McFadden won MoM, 10 for form, 12 of 16 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 5 of 16 headers, 6 runs, 2 goals.

Duff and Schreurs also had 10 for form. Grygera, O'Shea, Lucio, and Cook all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #104
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
OOC Note: Gotta love the wife. She comes home from work and said, "You want to play your little ball game until bedtime, don't you? That is fine, I want to play some Vampire on the computer." (she is into Vampire the Masquerade on the main computer right now. That game is ruined by bugs for me, but she deals with them.) She then says, "Guess what, I brought you a Daquiri." So, I'll now be playing while possibly getting slightly tipsy on a White Russian Daquiri. Hopefully, I don't do anything foolish

You mean with the wife, or the United? (had to throw it in). I agree with the others, don't let her go.

Lots of action on the transfer front. It will be cool to see Freddy get more mention in the dynasty (I've always curious to see how the top American talent does), just not with you . Amazing to see the floundering at Arsenal. This game always has suprises. Setting the values of players, I always went with unspecified. I never knew it "public" unless they declare their interest. Are all "enquiries" and offers always private (expect when you respond with a counter-offer, when you can make it public), that the player wouldn't know he is being sought unless the declare the interest.

How is the happiness of Chivu now that he re-signed? Also, is Rooney content now? He doesn't seem to be among the most popular players that came out, so trading him likely won't sting you too bad. He's an amazing talent, but with the deep up front, the rising talent of Adriano, and a $100-some talent payday, it would be very tempting. Rooney seems to not play enough. But he's a world-class star who is capable of putting up a goal or two every time he plays.

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-28-2005 at 10:47 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #105
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
There is a thread in General Discussion where Marc Vaughan commented on this. I'd be incline to go with what he says.

Any idea on what thread it was?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 26, 2011 -

Aston Villa is concerned because midfielder Michael Tonge broke his leg today. He will miss 2-3 months.

Grygera, O'Shea, and Schreurs were all selected to the EPL Team of the week.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
You mean with the wife, or the United? (had to throw it in). I agree with the others, don't let her go.

Lots of action on the transfer front. It will be cool to see Freddy get more mention in the dynasty (I've always curious to see how the top American talent does), just not with you . Amazing to see the floundering at Arsenal. This game always has suprises. Setting the values of players, I always went with unspecified. I never knew it "public" unless they declare their interest. Are all "enquiries" and offers always private (expect when you respond with a counter-offer, when you can make it public), that the player wouldn't know he is being sought unless the declare the interest.

How is the happiness of Chivu now that he re-signed? Also, is Rooney content now? He doesn't seem to be among the most popular players that came out, so trading him likely won't sting you too bad. He's an amazing talent, but with the deep up front, the rising talent of Adriano, and a $100-some talent payday, it would be very tempting. Rooney seems to not play enough. But he's a world-class star who is capable of putting up a goal or two every time he plays.

I'm curious to see how Freddy does too. I just hope he isn't responsible for Chelsea beating me!

I usually go with private negotiations, but sometimes I'll make them public to put pressure on the team.

Rooney is "very angry at not being allowed to move clubs. He also doesn't feel he is fully fit yet." I'm going to keep playing him anyway.

Chivu is happy to remain at the club, and is reacting to recent PR by Paul Scholes and wants to prove Paul and all of the pundits correct by helping us win the league title. He has also responded favorably to comments by me earlier.

Rooney is the only player on my squad that is unhappy now that I have sent Heaton on loan. He was also unhappy before he left the club for a few months, but that is understandable.

Oh yeah, most of my club still doesn't like Downing. They think his attitude could cause problems.

Several players don't like Lucio either, because he "takes himself too seriously."

Almost everyone loves Adriano, and thinks he has a world of potential.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Any idea on what thread it was?

I know it was a fairly recent thread, but I don't remember which one. Maybe, the "I Hate FM Thread?"
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 27, 2011 -

Today I decided to offer Adriano a new 4 year deal in which I will raise his salary from 32,000/week to 52,000/week. Of course, the advantage of this deal is that it will last 2 years longer than his current deal.

I also decide to offer Rooney a 4 year deal as his current deal only has 2 more years. I offer him 160,000/week which is what he is making now, but I offer him the asked for 6 million dollar signing bonus.

Jamie Cook is currently making 4,800/week for 2 more years. I decide to offer him a 5 year deal at 44,000/week with a 1.2 million dollar signing bonus.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:08 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here is the thread where Marc talked about Tour's effects a bit:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=37120
Old 03-28-2005, 11:17 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep. 28, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Juventus. They have a masterful team, but are currently 11th in Italian Serie A. They are led by super striker Carlos Tevez. This 27 year old superstar striker has 6 goals in 6 appearances on the year. Borut Semler is a very good 26 year old striker who plays alongside Tevez. Their centerbacks, Vincent Kompany and Tomas Hubschman are both top notch. Their right winger Ruben Ariel Olivera is good. Their left fullback Adriano is going to cause the announcer fits. Their keeper Gianluigi Buffon is a world class keeper. They will be tough to beat.

They are 6-4 favorites.

It's a beautiful sunny day in Italy, but temperatures are mild in the mid 50's.

We are pulling out most of the big guns. I want us to make a statement.

DL: Silvestre
DC: Chivu
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Mamam
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S2: Parker
S3: O'Shea
S4: Lucio
S6: Stevanovic
S7: Smith
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Tevez burns Brown bad.. crosses to Pizarro.. hard shot.. Howard stops it.

4 minute mark: Eagles steals it at midfield.. passes it to Downing.. Kompany stops him in the box.

12 minute mark: Montilovo with a hard curving shot from 25 yards.. Howard stops it.

13 minute mark: Costanino Corona steals it at midfield.. passes it to Borlut Semler just outside the box.. he shoots a hard curving shot.. it sails around Howard.. curves.. into the right side of the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

16 minute mark: Pizarro passes it into the box to Semler.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives... it is out of his reach. GOAL. Down 2-0.

23 minute mark: Kompany gets away with a warning despite tripping Adriano.

43 minute mark: Rooney with one of the most brilliant dribbles I've ever seen from him or any other player.. around 5 guys as he works his way up the pitch.. finally into the box.. he passes to Downing.. Downing shoots.. over the bar.

Halftime: Down 2-0. They have over 70,000 fans here today.

Silvestre is having a bad game. Their wingers are making him look very bad. I'll put O'Shea on now.

52 minute mark: Kompany stops a Rooney breakaway.

55 minute mark: Nuno Ferro gets a yellow card for a trip on Rooney.

62 minute mark: Adriano is tired. I put King on for him.

69 minute mark: Tevez gets into the box.. shoots.. Howard blocks it.. it bounces to Montolivo.. he hits a strong curving shot.. it curves into the right side of the net! GOAL. Down 3-0.

73 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses for Rooney.. Kompany heads it away.

Game over. We got our butts kicked today. 3-0 loss.

They outshot us 11-2! (9-1 on target)

Carlos Tevez won MoM, 8 for form, 15 of 15 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 4 of 12 headers, 2 runs, 1 assist.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 28, 2011 -

Wayne Rooney rejected my contract offer. He wants a higher basic salary.

Maybe, I'm being too attached, but I'm going to offer him 190,000/week as well as the requested 6 million dollar signing bonus.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:38 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 29, 2011 -

Adriano signed a new deal for 4 years worth 10.5 million dollars.

Cook signed a new deal for 5 years worth 10.5 million dollars.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #115
Desnudo
Coordinator

Rooney is overrated, in my opinion. Since he's the only guy in England that can run faster than an old Brazilian, everyone loves him. I know your love of Man U causes you to keep players you shouldn't, but trade him in for some cash.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:29 AM   #116
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Alright, alright . . .

How's send Shrek, er, Rooney onto Serie A and either spend the money on Reyes or Tevez?

Tevez would probably be tougher to get since Juve seems have a few oodles of money.

Out of curiousity, in your eternal search for depth on the wing, have you considered trying Smith out wide on the right?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Desnudo, I know that my love of Man U does make me hold onto some guys, but I'm starting to give much more consideration to selling Rooney.

Daedulus, ROFL Actually, I'd really like to get Fernando Cavenaghi. I "discovered" him in CM 03/04 without reading any boards, and he was incredible for me. He is still young enough in 2011 to be quite good. I'd probably splash the money on him

Yes, I've strongly considered Smith on the right wing, and played him for a bit out there last season in one game. He didn't do very well, but he does have the skill set to be able to play the position. However, now Schreurs is starting to show something But if he or Eagles is hurt, I'll give Smith another shot on the right wing.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 1, 2011 -

Wayne Rooney just rejected my offer of 6 million dollar signing bonus, and 190,000/week. I think it is because he is angry. I was hoping the new deal would sooth his anger. If I get a huge money offer for him again (and I do mean Huge - at least 90 million) I will almost certainly take it. I'll probably use it to acquire another very good striker and maybe Freddy Adu if I have enough money left over.

The board are very pleased with my performance as manager.

Steven Pienaar of Middlesbrough has won the EPL Manager of the Year award. Rafael van der Vaart of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Eric Djemba Djemba came in 3rd.

Everton's Sean Brady, an 18 year old defender, has won the young player of the month. Jordi of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Gavin Lunch of West Brom came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has won Manager of the Month. I came in 2nd, and Peter Taylor of Fulham came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney's goal against the Wolves on September 10th has won the goal of the month award. James McFadden came in 3rd for his goal against Coventry on Sep 24.

We play Liverpool tomorrow. Tony Colbert has told me that morale in the Liverpool dressing room is extremely high and that his side fears no one. He also said, I shouldn't try to play any mind games with him because it wouldn't work.

I decide not to respond to the comment.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 2, 2011 -

Today we play Liverpool on their pitch. They are currently 4th in the EPL. We are currently in 1st place. They have a very talented team. Djibril Cisse leads the team with 6 goals, and is a dangerous scorer. Andres D'Alessandro can dominate from the midfield. Their defense is solid with Jordi and Djimi Traore being their best defenders so far this year. Chris Kirkland is a very good keeper. Steven Gerrard is also a dangerous link in the midfield.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DL: Chivu

S2: Adriano
S4: Duff
Old 03-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Downing burns two defenders.. crosses to Smith who heads it to Djemba.. who heads it on goal... the keeper saves.

7 minute mark: John Arne Riise gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.

19 minute mark: McFadden passes to Smith just outside the box.. it was a long pass and the keeper came out of the box to get it.. Smith chips it.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: Eagles passes to Smith in the box.. Jordi tackles him before he can get off a shot.

31 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Garcia.

36 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Yakubu.

39 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Cisse.

44 minute mark: Cisse with a 20 yard shot.. curving.. left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it!

45 minute mark: Eagles with a long pass to McFadden in the box.. Great pass from Eagles.. Mcfadden controls it.. dribbles around a defender.. around the keeper.. shoots.. into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is McFadden's 5th goal of the year.

Halftime: We are up 1-0. Liverpool has over 61,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: cook is tired, and I try an experiment by putting King on at midfield.

59 minute mark: Howard stops a 20 yard hard curving Gerrard shot.

59 minute mark: Garcia gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.

62 minute mark: Smith is tired, I put Adriano on for him.

65 minute mark: King passes it to Adriano in the box.. Adriano is tackled by Jordi.. whistle.. yellow card for Jordi! Penalty shot awarded! McFadden steps up to take it.. hard shot.. left side of the net.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

72 minute mark: Garcia crosses to Cisse who heads it.. Howard with a brilliant play to punch it over the bar.

75 minute mark: Carragher gets a yellow card for tripping Downing.

80 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for tripping Cisse just outside the box.. Le Tallec takes the free kick.. blasts it over the bar.

81 minute mark: Eagles takes a corner kick..sends it to Ferdinand in the box.. Traore trips Ferdinand.. whistle.. penalty shot awarded.. Traore gets a yellow card. King steps up to take the penalty shot.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. A great 2-0 win on the road against a tough opponent!

We outshot them 14-10 (9-7 on target)

Christopher Eagles wins MoM, 9 for form, 22 of 28 passes, 6 of 10 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 7 interceptions, 5 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Howard and Ferdinand also had 9's for form. Smith, Cook, Adriano, and King had 7's for form. The rest of the team had 8's.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 3, 2011 -

Ferdinand and Eagles were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Sheffield United have asked to borrow Barry Parker for 3 months. They have top notch training facilities, and I would like Barry to get some more experience, so I agree with the clause that I can recall him at my will.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 5, 2011 -

Today we host Birmingham. They are currently in 5th place and have had a surprisingly good first portion of the season. We are currently in 1st. Birmingham is led by an excellent defense that is fueled by Matthew Upson and Mourad Benhamida. However, they also have a very good offense now. Striker Dmitry Sychev has been playing very well and he has 6 goals on the year. He is currently injured for this game. Right winger Geremi has 5 assists and 5 goals already. This explosive offense is a new dimension to their team that they didn't have last year. Their keeper Jose Moreira has been good this year. Left Winger Robin van Persie has played very well this year.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 60's.

MC: Stevanovic
SC: Marino

S2: Adriano
S4: Parker
Old 03-29-2005, 06:48 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

13 minute mark: Schreurs with a powerful 35 yard shot.. the keeper saves it.

24 minute mark: Duff passes to Rooney.. he dribbles between three defenders.. crosses to Marino.. the keeper intercepts it.

37 minute mark: Schreurs is injured in a collision.. he has to go off. I decide to put King in at right wing.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

We have a full house of 64,000 plus fans.

46 minute mark: Stevanovic with a long range shot.. hard curving shot.. it hits the crossbar.. Rooney heads the rebound.. into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

64 minute mark: Adriano on for Marino.

70 minute mark: King passes to Adriano in the box.. point blank shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney with the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

76 minute mark: Silvestre tackles van Persie just outside the box.

77 minute mark: Adriano intercepts a corner.. passes it long to rooney.. he is racing a defender down the pitch.. beats him.. into the box.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

80 minute mark: Mamam gets the ball at midfield from Howard.. passes it to Rooney outside the box.. Rooney dribbles between two defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. That is Rooney's second of the game.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-2 (7-1 on target)

Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 21 of 24 passes, 0 tackles, 8 of 12 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

Duff had a 9 for form, Stevanovic had a 8 for form. The rest of the team had 7's except for King who had a 6 at right wing.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Jeroen Schreurs damaged his shoulder and will miss 5 days.

Mamam damaged his thigh and will miss 5 days.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 8, 2011 -

The following international roundups are from European Championship Qualifying Group Play.

Spain beat Ireland 2-0. Despite the loss, Damien Duff and John O'Shea played well.

James McFadden was brilliant for Scotland as he had a goal and 2 assists in their 5-1 win over Slovakia.

Christian Chivu won MoM for his excellent defense in Romania's 2-0 win over Azerbaijan.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic in their 2-0 win over Albania.

Dalibor Stevanovic played well and scored 2 goals in Slovenia's 4-1 win over FYR of Macedonia.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-29-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 11, 2011 -

Eric Djemba Djemba played well in Cameroon 3-0 win over Malawi in an African Nations Qualifying Match.

Wayne Rooney was selected to the EPL Team of the Week (for the first time since I've been manager.)
Old 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 12, 2011 -

England U21's team beat Slovakia 6-0 in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match. Michael Wood had 2 assists. Jamie cook and Barry Parker also played well that match.

Alfonso scored the winning goal for Spain's U21 team against Belarus.

Wayne Rooney had a hattrick for England in their 6-0 win over Slovakia in the European Championship Qualifying match. Christopher Eagles also had a goal and an assist (to Rooney.) Stewart Downing also played well for England. Alan Smith came on as a substitute and did well. Rio Ferdinand and Craig King were unused subs.

Damien Duff scored two assists for Ireland in their 3-0 win over Luxembourg. John O'Shea also played well in that match.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic in their 2-0 win over Andorra.

Dalibor Stevanovic played well for Slovenia and scored their only goal, but they were beat by Croatia 4-1.

James McFadden had an assist for Scotland, but they lost 2-1 to Romania. Christian Chivu played excellent defense for Romania in this match.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #128
condors
College Starter

Glad to see Rooney have a good game for you. In past games for me he has been the best goalscorer in the premier league. Now that he is unhappy though i am not sure he will ever get back to his best.

Great Dynasty KUTGW
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:31 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 15, 2011 -

The stadium expansion is now complete! Our capacity is now 91,300 with an all seater, retractable roof, and under-soil heating.

Today we travel to play Sunderland. They are 20th in the EPL while we are in 1st. Sunderland relies on an excellent keeper. Luca Brunoni is a 23 year old Italian Keeper who is becoming a star. He has played very well this year. Left winger Rohan Ricketts has played very well for this team. Midfielder, Alexei Eremenko has played well this year as well. Marco Streller is the only striker to have even one goal, in his case he has 5. Their centrebacks George McCartney and Alberto Lopo are just average.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's.

SC: Marino

S2: Cahais (will get on if we get a big lead.)
S3: Schreurs
S4: van Nistelrooy (will get on if we get a big lead.)
Old 03-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Glad to see Rooney have a good game for you. In past games for me he has been the best goalscorer in the premier league. Now that he is unhappy though i am not sure he will ever get back to his best.

Great Dynasty KUTGW

Thanks for the compliment.

If he has another good game, I'm planning on praising him. I'm hoping I can nurse his bruised ego. If I can get him to be a little less angry, maybe he will sign a new big contract and become happy. I certainly see the potential for him to be my top scorer.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Howard initiates the counter attack.. long kick to Adriano.. he crosses to Mamam.. hard shot.. over the bar.

16 minute mark: Downing passes to Marino in the box.. hard shot.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Ricketts.

26 minute mark: Howard passes it to Marino in the middle of the pitch.. he passes to Adriano about 20 yards ahead.. Adriano outruns two defenders.. goes around a third.. into the box.. flicks a shot towards the lower right corner.. it's so fast, the keeper can't react... GOAL!!!! 1-0.

30 minute mark: Eagles gets a yellow card for a trip on Arca.

38 minute mark: Silvestre starts the counter attack.. heads it to Downing at midfield.. he plays a perfect through ball to the edge of the box.. Adriano gets to it.. dribbles.. into the box.. shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 48,000 fans here today.

51 minute mark: Downing passes from midfield to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

53 minute mark: Howard stops a 15 yard shot from Cornu.

63 minute mark: van Nistelrooy on for Marino.

66 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Eremenko.

81 minute mark: Long pass from Downing to van Nistelrooy at the edge of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

87 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Djemba.. diving header.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

90 minute mark: Howard misplays a long shot from Ricketts.. fortunately it sails wide left of the net.

91 minute mark: Eagles passes to Adriano in the box.. hard shot.. inches wide left.

93 minute mark: van Nistelrooy steals it at midfield.. passes to Adriano.. he is dribbling towards the box.. unimpeded.. Whistle.. Game over.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 14-8 (but 6-5 their favor for on target.)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 33 of 36 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Howard had a 9 for form.

Brown, Ferdinand, Mamam, and Adriano had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Tim Howard sprained his ankle and will miss around 5 days.

Liverpool was beaten by Birmingham 2-1.

Right now, Chelsea is the only team really chasing me and they are a point behind me.

After 10 games, We've scored 23 goals. We've given up 2! I guess Howard doesn't really need to be replaced
Old 03-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 19, 2011 -

Today we host PAOK in a Group B CL Match. PAOK is a good Greek team. They are led by their midfielder Labros Vangelis and their centreback Christos Karypidis. Keeper Spyros Papagiannopoulos is a good keeper, but not quite up to EPL standards. Panagiotis Vasileious is a good striker.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Taylor (Howard is hurt)

S1: Harper
S2: Silvestre
S3: Lucio
S4: Djemba
S6: Adriano (doubtful due to an injury, I'll likely rest him)
S7: Downing
Old 03-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Schreurs picks up an injury.. he is hurt, but insists he can keep playing.

7 minute mark: Duff passes to Stevanovic.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

12 minute mark: Duff with a corner to Smith in the box.. hard shot.. wide right.

24 minute mark: Duff crosses to Stevanovic outside the box.. he shoots a hard curving shot.. upper right corner of the net.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is his first goal of the year.

42 minute mark: Duff crosses to Stevanovic.. hard shot.. it hits the crossbar.. the defense clears it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have 71,000 plus fans here today.

51 minute mark: Schreurs crosses to Stevanovic.. a powerful striker form 30 yards out.. curving.. curving.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Stevanovic with 2 goals!

62 minute mark: King on for McFadden.

84 minute mark: Duff passes to Stevanovic just outside the box.. hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is his hattrick!

92 minute mark: Duff burns his man.. dribbles all the way down the left side of the pitch.. crosses.. Smith heads it.. the keeper saves it.

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 16-0 (7-0 on target)

Dalibor Stevanovic wins MoM, 10 for form, 40 of 41 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 1 foul drawn, 3 goals.

Duff also had a 10. Schreurs and Cook both had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 AM   #135
Desnudo
Coordinator

91,000, that's unbelievable. I can only imagine the revenue from a CL match.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
91,000, that's unbelievable. I can only imagine the revenue from a CL match.

I can't wait to see it

I'm on call tonight, but it is raining heavily. So, I'm hoping for a nice quiet call with plenty of FM.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 23, 2011 -

It finally happened! Arsene Wenger has been sacked by Arsenal!

Interestingly Paul Scholes is the favorite to take over the team. How can a former Red Devil even consider it!?! Giorgio Pellizzaro, Lucas Alcaraz, and Jose Luis Mendilibar are also linked to the job by the press.

Arsenal is currently 15th in the EPL!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 23, 2011 -

Today we host Middlesborugh. They are 9th in the EPL. We are currently in 1st. This match will be televised. Middlesbrough's best player, Johny Alejandro Acosta is hurt this game. Their midfield is still strong with Thorben Marx and Steven Pienaaar leading the way. Centreback Chris Riggott and right fullback Hanno Balitsch have played well. Porcellis is the leading striker, but he only has 3 goals on the year. Jan Lastuvka is having an excellent year in goal.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: Howard (back from injury)

S1: Marino
S2: Taylor
S3: Cahais
S4: King
S5: Cook
Old 03-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he has a hard curving shot.. upper right corner... the keeper saves it.

15 minute mark: Mike Davies gets a yellow card for holding Chivu's jersey.

43 minute mark: Mamam steals it at midfield.. passes it into the box.. Rooney racing to it.. the keeper racing to it.. Rooney beats the keeper to it.. Rooney fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. center of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 71,000 fans here today.

45 minute mark: Djemba passes to Downing in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

59 minute mark: Rooney with a hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

60 minute mark: Adriano is tired, I put King on for him.

66 minute mark: Porcillis with a point blank very hard shot.. Howard blocks it.. Chivu clears it.

79 minute mark: Howard with a long kick to Rooney.. he bursts past two defenders.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Riggott gets to it.. passes back to the keeper, but Rooney intercepts it! Rooney shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

We outshot them 14-3 (9-1 on target)

Eagles wins MoM, 10 for form, 13 of 15 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 18 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Rooney also had a 10 (great, now I can praise him as planned.) Downing had an 8. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 26, 2011 -

Eagles and Rooney were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Fans agree with my praise of Rooney are in strong support of him in a recent newspaper article.

Meanwhile, Rooney is still angry at me for now allowing him to move clubs. If he continues to do well for another month or two, I'll try praising him again.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 26, 2011 -

Today we play Coventry in the third round of the English League Cup. Coventry is currently 10th in the EPL. They are playing a 4-5-1 and are doing well in the EPL so far this year. Their team is led by the strong play of striker Shola Ameobi. Their midfield is very strong with Richie Partridge playing well at right wing, Paul Konchesky playing well at left wing. Their midfield is ruled by Gareth Williams and Graham Barrett. Their centrebacks Jay McEveley and Simon Mensing are good. Their keeper Paul Anderson has been benched, and Marco Tedeschi has done well since taking over in goal.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

GK: Hoard

S1: Neville
S3: Downing
S4: Adriano

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-30-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Amoebi.

10 minute mark: Long pass to Smith in the right corner of the pitch.. he crosses it for Cook in the middle of the box.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

30 minute mark: Duff takes it down the left sideline.. crosses to the center of the box.. Smith settles.. shoots from 5 yards out.. great save by the keeper.

32 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick.. to Smith.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 62,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick to Ferdinand.. he kicks a hard shot.. Barrett at the end line blocks the shot.. saves a goal.

57 minute mark: O'Shea passes it into the box to Smith.. he fakes out three two defenders.. brilliant move by Smith.. dribbles around the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

59 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for tripping Chaplow.

63 minute mark: King on for Schreurs.

76 minute mark: Duff passes to McFadden in the box.. fakes out two defenders.. shoots.. over the crossbar.

84 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Chaplow.

92 minute mark: King crosses to Stevanovic.. he passes it quickly to Mcfadden in the box.. McFadden shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

We outshot them 17-10 (10-5 on target)

Damien Duff wins MoM, 10 for form, 24 of 30 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 12 runs, 1 foul drawn.

McFadden and Smith both had 9's for form.

Cook, Stevanovic, O'Shea, and Howard all had 8's.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 28, 2011 -

With his side about to face me, Kevin Keegan told TEAMtalk.com that he doesn't think my side is good enough to end the season as champions.

I respond, "I feel very good about our chances to win the title."
Old 03-30-2005, 06:51 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 29, 2011 -

The fourth round of the English League Cup was drawn today. We didn't get a lucky draw. We will go face Charlton for our next League Cup match.

Today we travel to play Leicester. They are currently 13th in the EPL While are in 1st. They are led by a dynamic duo of wingers in right winger Peter Canero and left winger Piotr Trochowski. Their centrebacks, Mark Hudson and Martin Cranie, are technically sound. Their keeper Paul Gallacher has played very well. Their strikers have been average, with Jareth Asprilla standing out some with his 5 goals in 11 games.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

DL: Chivu
SC: Rooney (I'm not babying him any longer. He will play regularly.)

S1: Marino
S3: Cahais
S4: Cook
Old 03-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to Lucio in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

11 minute mark: Canero and Lucio collide.. Canero is hurt and has to leave the game.

13 minute mark: Wilheimsson crosses it to Asprilla in the box.. he has a great strike on the half volley.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

22 minute mark: One of the prettiest goals I've ever seen just happened.. Downing crosses long to Eagles.. who heads it to Mamam.. he heads it to Rooney.. Rooney heads it Adriano in the center of the box.. Rooney cuts across the middle of the box.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

41 minute mark: Howard stops along range shot from Stewart.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Adriano heads it... into the left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

54 minute mark: Rooney gets it at midfield.. passes a nice through ball to Adriano 30 yards out from goal.. the keeper is coming out to meet Adriano.. Adriano shoots.. long range.. curving.. wide of the keeper.. wide of the net.. curving.. curving.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! Great Strike!

66 minute mark: Rooney is tired. I bring on Marino for him. I also bring on Cahais for Lucio.

70 minute mark: Khalid Boulahrouz gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We outshot them 15-11 (6-6 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 24 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 2 of 8 headers, 2 interceptions, 11 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Chivu, Ferdinand, Lucio, Djemba, Adriano, and Rooney all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note: Two kids on the adolescent unit (age 14 and 13) fought over a cute 13 year old girl. I had to go evaluate one kid because the other boy had attempted to bite his ear off. He only cut the edge of the ear, and therefore I didn't have to send him to the ER or suture him, but I really wanted to give both of them a big red card.

Post Match Info: Chelsea continues to win and hang with me.

After 12 games, our record is 10 wins and 2 draws for a total of 32 points. Our Goal Differential is plus 25. Chelsea is right behind me with 10 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss for a total of 31 points. Their goal differental is "only" plus 18. The third place team is Liverpool with 21 points. It looks like we are going to keep pulling away from the rest of the pack.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 31, 2011 -

Stewart Downing was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 1, 2011 -

The Board is delighted with my performance as manager.

Wayne Rooney has won the EPL Player of the Month Award! Stewart Downing came in 2nd, and Salomon Kalou of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Adriano has won the EPL Young Player of the Month Award. Ryan Barrett of Birmingham City came in 2nd, and Jordi of Liverpool came in 3rd.

I won Manager of the Month for guiding my team to victories in all 5 league games last month. Jose Mourinho of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Joe Kinnear of Birmingham City came in 3rd.

Thierry Henry won goal of the month. However, Adriano's shot against Charlton from October 5th came in 2nd.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 1, 2011 -

Today we play PAOK on their pitch in the CL Group B match.

I forgot to do a preview before starting so just the lineup:

DC: O'Shea
Old 03-30-2005, 08:15 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Papaioaunun gets a yellow card for tripping McFadden just outside the box.

3 minute mark: Stevanovic crosses to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he heads it.. wide left.

12 minute mark: Duff crosses to Cook in the middle of the box.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

28 minute mark: McFadden with a powerful curving cross... to Smith in the right side of the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 29,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Silvestre with a 30 yard pass into the box.. Smith gets to it.. fakes out one defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

63 minute mark: I put Saha on for McFadden who is tired.

73 minute mark: Schreurs is hurt in a collision.. I put Alfonso on for him.

82 minute mark: Manikas passes it to Vasileiou in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 15-4 (7-4 on target)

Duff wins MoM, 8 for form, 28 of 41 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 9 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Ferdinand also had an 8. Alfonso had a 6. The rest of the team had 7's.