Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #51
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You'd start him over all but 3, maybe 4 QB's?
yes, i would. but i possess unparalleled football acumen. my brilliance is often bewildering to the profane.

NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #52
Edward64
Head Coach

I am on my second dog so I definitely don't like what Vick did.

But he has technically paid his debt to society. I am willing to give him a second chance in the NFL, earning a fair wage based on his talent, assuming he doesn't regress to torturing animals and doing the ron mexico thing.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #53
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Vincent Jackson isn't going anywhere until week 6 at least since he is out until week 6 now that he wasn't traded.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I am on my second dog so I definitely don't like what Vick did.

But he has technically paid his debt to society. I am willing to give him a second chance in the NFL, earning a fair wage based on his talent, assuming he doesn't regress to torturing animals and doing the ron mexico thing.

Quanis Phillips just tripped and bumped into a bullet?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #55
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Vincent Jackson isn't going anywhere until week 6 at least since he is out until week 6 now that he wasn't traded.

I highly doubt he gets dealt at this point as AJ's not going to lower his demands. If that's the case, Jackson is going to sit out the year.

After the new CBA comes out I hope the Chargers can and choose to franchise him - the guy wants to be paid like a top 5 WR yet the Chargers' demands of being compensated as such are unreasonable. He might have a long term contract already if he weren't a complete and utter moron on and off the field.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #56
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Is that case still pending? I thought Godell cleared him.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #57
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You know better than that. Covering up a murder isn't enough to lose playing time.

cough*RayLewis*cough
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #58
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

PING Galaril

James Harrison got fined $5,000 today for that pile-driver tackle on VY.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #59
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:

Michael Vick Shot him? I though Vick wasn't even there when he got shot, his brother was? Am I out dated on my Vick news?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #60
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

San Diego Chargers=Idiots.

They really had no interest in trading him, the offers from the Vikes and otherwhere were good (#2 and conditional #3), so they're going to bring him in late season where he's pissed off at the world and blow up the locker room where they may be fighting for their playoff life... this was a move to punish the player, cost him a couple more game checks.

This is why the Chargers are not a big time team.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
You know better than that. Covering up a murder isn't enough to lose playing time.

cough*RayLewis*cough

+1
Old 09-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #62
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

They really had no interest in trading him, the offers from the Vikes and otherwhere were good (#2 and conditional #3), so they're going to bring him in late season where he's pissed off at the world and blow up the locker room where they may be fighting for their playoff life... this was a move to punish the player, cost him a couple more game checks.

Don't forget Norv Turner
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #63
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Ever since this new GM took over, the Chargers have been in a slow decline...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #64
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Classy line by Jackson's agent too "Lord of no rings."

Way to make sure your client does not get paid.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #65
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Excellent article by Woody Paige about the McKinley suicide. Woody admits he's faced depression and thoughts of suicide in the past.

Paige: We must learn from McKinley's death - The Denver Post
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #66
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Chances are, if you wear #7 and are a professional QB in PA, I fucking hate you and hope you get crushed on the field.

Defenses should be allowed to taser his ass for the sack.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #67
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Didn't they offer VJ something like $4M??? What's wrong with that?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #68
TroyF
Coordinator

Haynesworth now says that signing the 100+ million dollar deal does not make him a slave.

Albert. . . the slaves got a hard bed and bad food for their troubles, they didn't make 100 million dollars and get treated like royalty. You know that stomp you did a few years ago? It wouldn't have been a week suspension from your slave job.

Seriously, this guy is a moron. We all knew that, but he seems intent on trying to prove it more every day.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #69
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Haynesworth now says that signing the 100+ million dollar deal does not make him a slave.

Albert. . . the slaves got a hard bed and bad food for their troubles, they didn't make 100 million dollars and get treated like royalty. You know that stomp you did a few years ago? It wouldn't have been a week suspension from your slave job.

Seriously, this guy is a moron. We all knew that, but he seems intent on trying to prove it more every day.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #70
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Ever since this new GM took over, the Chargers have been in a slow decline...

Chargers still draft very well, but they have no loyalty to their players.

Edit: This is not posted to give props to LT, I cannot stand LT and I think he deserved to be cut, but SD refuses to take care of its franchise LT amongst other issues. They just let players hang on the vine which is going to cost them in the long run.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 09-26-2010 at 09:43 AM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They just need to cut him.

He should try going and working a normal job for 35K a year like the majority of the country does.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #72
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

I think this is just another step in his " What can I do to get Shanahan to cut me from this team right now?" campaign.

Not excusing his statements and yes he is a moron. I just can't get too worked up about comments that I believe are made solely to cause more headaches for the head coach and convince him to move him to another club.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #73
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

How accurate are the 506's NFL TV maps? Trying to figure out if I should prepare to go to a bar at 1:00 for the Dallas. I live on a lake, and it says the east side of the lake will get Minny while the west side will get Dallas. I live on the west side. This is a three-five mile lake.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #74
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
How accurate are the 506's NFL TV maps? Trying to figure out if I should prepare to go to a bar at 1:00 for the Dallas. I live on a lake, and it says the east side of the lake will get Minny while the west side will get Dallas. I live on the west side. This is a three-five mile lake.

I've never had a problem with them but why not go to a bar anyway, there could be worse places to spend a Sunday afternoon ( or morning in my case).
Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #75
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i won't comment on the drama but after seeing washington's first 2 games i can say definitively there couldn't be a worse fit for that d. the nt is supposed hold his position and take on blocks. a.h. tries to swim and gets pushed to one side or the other leaving huge holes.

they try to only play him on passing downs but a smart qb will see him in there and check to a draw/run.

what a waste.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #76
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn.com
An emotional Josh McDaniels said Kenny McKinley was "tough to yell at" during a memorial for McKinley on Friday. McKinley died of an apparent suicide Monday. McKinley was 23. The second-year receiver was on the injured reserve.
Classy! That's like saying, he "did what he was told to do" or "not a bad guy". I can't imagine that his family wants to hear that McKinley was tough to yell at...but he got yelled at.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #77
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Classy! That's like saying, he "did what he was told to do" or "not a bad guy". I can't imagine that his family wants to hear that McKinley was tough to yell at...but he got yelled at.

Not what I get from that comment.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #78
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Football players get yelled at. Good ones, bad ones, mediocre ones. I think the family of any athlete understands this.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #79
larrymcg421
Head Coach

RIP Kenny McKinley

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #80
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF Eli.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #81
JS19
College Prospect

Oh Eli... Been watching too much Brett Favre tape.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #82
JS19
College Prospect

I know it's early yet, but the Giants defense looks to be playing with a lot more intensity than the previous 2 weeks.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #83
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Dear Saints,

Run the flea-flicker again

Signed,
Falcons Secondary
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #84
kingfc22
Head Coach

What a clusterfuck this season is turning into...
Old 09-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #85
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

You stay classy Brandon Jacobs
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #86
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post

What he do this time?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #87
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What he do this time?

Nothing. He had a nice run and got off the ground with a little emotion, somewhat getting tangled up with the defender.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #88
cmp
Pro Rookie

Can we please change that roughing call? It's getting really stupid.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #89
JS19
College Prospect

17 carries thus far for Chris Johnson, with 3 minutes left in the 1st half. He's getting hit hard and often, see how he holds up in the second half.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #90
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post

Nice pile on.

Titans have been taking cheap shots all game and Jacobs got tired of it.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #91
Thomkal
Head Coach

Carolina/Cincy game is a mess-it's been raining, field torn up and its caused 3 turnovers at least already including back to back INT's. Carson Palmer, surprisingly looks very uncomfortable in the rain throwing a couple INT already and could have been two or three more. Clausen hasn't looked any better with a botched snap fumble and an INT. Panthers haven't been able to get the run game going enough to give him time to get into the flow of the game
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #92
Thomkal
Head Coach

oh and to me at least a pretty clear fumble by TO that looked like Carolina would challenge, but instead they tried to review forward progress on that 3rd down play...only to be told they couldn't challenge forward progress. And carolina turns over it again-not Clausen's fault this time at least.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

god cincy completely blows it after they recover the fumble near the endzone-time running out, they have timeouts left, players don't get back in line on time and the quarter ends without them being able to run the play and probably score
Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #94
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Bengals offense looks no better than last year. I'd like to think Palmer could be better with a new coordinator, but after last year and these first three games I'm not sure.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #95
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
PING Galaril

James Harrison got fined $5,000 today for that pile-driver tackle on VY.

Yeah, thanks I saw that but to be honest that was les than he should of got but hey we all now if it had happended to Peyton or Brady it would have been 15k. No problem all it really means is VY needs to play better and wins some rings to get those calls.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #96
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
17 carries thus far for Chris Johnson, with 3 minutes left in the 1st half. He's getting hit hard and often, see how he holds up in the second half.

Yeah, Fisher is a moron they need a second back geez. They got the guy Javon Ringer who would be a star if Fisher gaving the damn ball more. CJ will not resign with the Titans I am sure since he has asked for more money they dicked him around and now this debacle with just running up the middle. I won't hold it against either. I am happy overall with the Titans defense and the nastiness they are showing. The offense woof open up the play book Heimerdinger.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #97
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not what I get from that comment.

Yeah, me either but what would you expect from a sensitive raiders follower
Old 09-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #98
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Nice pile on.

Titans have been taking cheap shots all game and Jacobs got tired of it.

Cheap shots apparently are not the domain of the Titans only after that going for the knees shot by Bradshaw and the safety.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

@%&U@)(%&@)%&@#)%&)@#%&)@%&@ Patriots! *starts foaming at the mouth*
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #100
Galaril
Pro Starter

Great throw from VY to Kenny Brit. Glad to see Brit make get his first TD of his career.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-26-2010 at 01:54 PM.