Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #151
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Insert cliche about it's football and you play hard to the final whistle

This is exactly what I was thinking. Something along the lines of if he doesn't call the timeout and try to score, he will be quitting on his team.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #152
Danny
Head Coach

Tune into the Seahawks-Chargers reviewathon, donations being accepted!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #153
Dutch
"Dutch"

Just got back from the Bucs/Steelers game. The Bucs have been firmly placed back to reality. But I think the most memorable point of the game for me, my first as a Tampa resident, was that I felt like I travelled to Pittsburgh. The crowd was 50/50 and by the end of the game it was about 75/25 in favor of the Steelers. Basically, I felt like I was at a Clippers game...

Last edited by Dutch : 09-26-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #154
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This Pats defense sucks.

I understand they're young, and they need to learn the system and all that, but if you have a hugely young secondary and LB's you think you'd make sure you could pressure the QB to relieve some of the pressure on them. But they can't even do that. They're pretty much inept at everything.

If this team is going to have a shot at getting into the playoffs or going anywhere, they're going to need to make some serious improvements by the end of the year.

Fuck - Ryan Fitzpatrick has put up 30pts on them. That's fucking embarrassing.

They need to hire a defensive coordinator. It's clear Belichick doesn't make the adjustments he needs to week to week or in-game. I saw a stat where Sanchez was absolutely shredding the zone last week and the Patriots made no adjustment to compensate.

They should be able to do better with the personnel they have. They aren't great, but they shouldn't be this bad.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #155
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Tune into the Seahawks-Chargers reviewathon, donations being accepted!

I'd forgotten the Pete Carroll experience until the halftime clock mgmt cluster. The Seahawks will be ok as long as they have a veteran QB, then Carroll's lack of discipline will kill them.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #156
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Just got back from the Bucs/Steelers game. The Bucs have been firmly placed back to reality. But I think the most memorable point of the game for me, my first as a Tampa resident, was that I felt like I travelled to Pittsburgh. The crowd was 50/50 and by the end of the game it was about 75/25 in favor of the Steelers. Basically, I felt like I was at a Clippers game...

Try going to a Lions game when they host the Packers. And yes, this happens on a yearly basis.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
They need to hire a defensive coordinator. It's clear Belichick doesn't make the adjustments he needs to week to week or in-game. I saw a stat where Sanchez was absolutely shredding the zone last week and the Patriots made no adjustment to compensate.

They should be able to do better with the personnel they have. They aren't great, but they shouldn't be this bad.

I agree. I think he's just spread too thin. I mean sure there's guys who are coaching the defense and the offense, but there's nobody else helping to "scheme" on a high level with him. Because no doubt he's great at that high-level scheming, but he's spread too thin to be able to implement any of it.

There's been a lot of talk on the radio lately on whether it's some sort of ego-thing with him or what, but I think he really does need those other voices to help coach the young guys up, and also to bounce ideas off of as far as adjustments and stuff.

It's going to be a long fucking season.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #158
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I agree. I think he's just spread too thin. I mean sure there's guys who are coaching the defense and the offense, but there's nobody else helping to "scheme" on a high level with him. Because no doubt he's great at that high-level scheming, but he's spread too thin to be able to implement any of it.

There's been a lot of talk on the radio lately on whether it's some sort of ego-thing with him or what, but I think he really does need those other voices to help coach the young guys up, and also to bounce ideas off of as far as adjustments and stuff.

It's going to be a long fucking season.

I think you're right that the scheming is good since they are usually decent in the first half. Then he doesn't have the bandwidth to observe and make halftime adjustments in detail and they get killed in the second half.

Also would add that I think he's used up his SB goodwill at this point and someone needs to step in and splash some water on his face.

Last edited by Desnudo : 09-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #159
SackAttack
Head Coach

So, uh, anybody have Leon Washington in their fantasy squad this week?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #160
SackAttack
Head Coach

Janiwowski.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #161
Thomkal
Head Coach

My beloved Cardinals win over Oakland by a point despite Derek Anderson having just 12 completions...um yeah?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #162
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

The fucking chargers just love starting off the season crappy huh? the last 4 years at least they have been .500 or under after 4 weeks. And then they go on some stupid 8 game win streak and make the playoffs. I hate them
Old 09-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #163
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Janiwowski.
3 missed fg's including the game winner. although the real highlight of the day was his attempted tackle on the kick return td in which he looked like a toddler running on ice.

keep your chin up seabass. both of them.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #164
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Shocking news:

The New Orleans Saints will work out some free-agent kickers at some point this week, according to SI.com's Peter King.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #166
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Terrible start for the Dolphins. Can someone tell me why they're running play action passes on 3rd and 13?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #167
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Right but you need to go for two no matter what. Why not do it on the first possession? Then you know whether you'll still need two more scores or one more score. You can adjust your offense accordingly.

Because you don't go for 2 until you ABSOLUTELY have to. Why? because as you yourself pointed out, if you miss you have to score TWICE MORE.

You get within 1 score, THEN you worry about scoring and making the 2 pointer.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #168
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Terrible start for the Dolphins. Can someone tell me why they're running play action passes on 3rd and 13?

Must have been a play leftover from the Wannstedt days.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #169
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Great throw from VY to Kenny Brit. Glad to see Brit make get his first TD of his career.

Britt had 3 TDs last year including this ridiculous catch to win a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXoK4Rb62k
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #170
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
So, uh, anybody have Leon Washington in their fantasy squad this week?

I think in most leagues those return TD's will only help you if you started the Hawks D/ST.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #171
miami_fan
Coordinator

WTF. Cover the fucking tight end!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #172
RendeR
Coordinator

Miami forgot to show up today.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #173
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Britt had 3 TDs last year including this ridiculous catch to win a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXoK4Rb62k

Shit what the hell was I thinking. Thanks.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #174
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Because you don't go for 2 until you ABSOLUTELY have to. Why? because as you yourself pointed out, if you miss you have to score TWICE MORE.

But that extra score comes into play whether you miss the two point conversion on the first or second score.

Quote:
You get within 1 score, THEN you worry about scoring and making the 2 pointer.

Okay, let me put it like this. Down by 15, you have to go for two no matter what. If you miss that two (no matter which score you go for it on), then you're gonna need to score three total times to win the game. Why on earth do you want to wait until later to get that information?

If you miss the two on the first score, then you know you need to hurry up. If you make it, then you can be more conservative. If you wait to go for two on the second score, then you don't really know what you need to do. You might still need two scores or you might just need one.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #175
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Oh and I didn't like that hit to the head call against Clemons. The guy's head is much higher once Clemons goes in for the hit, then it starts to come lower until contact is made. How is Clemons supposed to avoid that?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #176
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

This Wilson for the Jets may be the worst cornerback I have ever seen in the NFL.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-26-2010 at 08:26 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #177
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh and I didn't like that hit to the head call against Clemons. The guy's head is much higher once Clemons goes in for the hit, then it starts to come lower until contact is made. How is Clemons supposed to avoid that?

He's supposed to have his eyes open and be looking at the guy he wants to hit, If he sees its going to be head to head then he's gotta make some attempt to veer off, slow up, something.

I don't think he really had time enough to do anything either, but thats the gist of the rule. it boils down to "keep your eyes open and don't hit someone in the head"
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #178
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So Peyton Money is on pace for 48 TDs, 5400 passing yards, and has yet to throw a pick.

Is another MVP in his future?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #179
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
This Wilson for the Jets may be the worst cornerback I have ever seen in the NFL.

Yeah I was just wondering how many games he will cost the Jets considering Rex apparently has no qualms leaving him on an island in coverage.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Giants played dreadful today. The most undisciplined football team I have ever seen. They had a shot to win and absolutely gave the game away. It seems to me Coughlin has lost the locker room. Undisciplined play, players mouthing off, etc...

I can handle losing to a better team, but todays display was unwatchable. Guys like Manning, Boss, Tuck, Bradshaw, deserve better.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #181
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
So Peyton Money is on pace for 48 TDs, 5400 passing yards, and has yet to throw a pick.

I'd rather have Matt Ryan.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #182
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:

As a Colts fan, that would be something to see..3 straight, but I think for him to win it again he'd have to throw 48 and get 5000 yards. Otherwise, someone else will get, probably Rodgers.

But what about Collie? I liked him a lot last year, but he's really stepping up this year. He's much more consistent than Garcon and he's showing he's got the speed as well.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #183
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Now I really like what I see from this Fins offense.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Giants played dreadful today. The most undisciplined football team I have ever seen. They had a shot to win and absolutely gave the game away. It seems to me Coughlin has lost the locker room. Undisciplined play, players mouthing off, etc...

I can handle losing to a better team, but todays display was unwatchable. Guys like Manning, Boss, Tuck, Bradshaw, deserve better.

Like the Pats last week. Fucking undisciplined wankers.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #185
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Pretty nifty moves by Marshall
Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #186
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Epic fucking fail on that defensive play.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #187
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

It would've been funny if Edwards had swerved off the field on that play and hit a tree.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #188
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Marshall is pretty good...
Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #189
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Marshall is pretty good...

Yes, it's finally good to have a great receiver in Miami.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #190
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes, it's finally good to have a great receiver in Miami.

Yeah, imagine if he was paired with Wes Welker.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #191
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:

I'd be for it, but he'd really have to keep up this same pace to get it this year. The problem with being so consistently great as Manning has been, is people come to expect it. He's been performing at such a level that he'd really truly have to have an extra great season to get the votes needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
But what about Collie? I liked him a lot last year, but he's really stepping up this year. He's much more consistent than Garcon and he's showing he's got the speed as well.

I liked Collie last year, and I'm liking him even more this year. He's gotten even better, I hope he keeps it up.

I was also happy to see White get a TD, good for the practice squad kid.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #192
Super Ugly
High School JV

Ugh. Boneheaded penalties by the Jets.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #193
miami_fan
Coordinator

Glad to see them protecting the D-linemen the way they do QBs.

In other words, that was a soft holding call but I will take it.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #194
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I sure hope the Jets lubed up good before the game. These refs are screwing them over.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #195
Super Ugly
High School JV

Oh fuck me.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #196
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I sure hope the Jets lubed up good before the game. These refs are screwing them over.

How so? Theyre gonna overturn this. Other than the holding call, how else have the Jets been screwed?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #197
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How so? Theyre gonna overturn this. Other than the holding call, how else have the Jets been screwed?

The interference call near the goaline was ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #198
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Maybe feed the ball to Marshall here? WTF.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #199
miami_fan
Coordinator

Fuck
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #200
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, Dolphins refuse gift toss from Sanchez and now surrender 3rd and 10.

Sigh.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote