Fresno State @ Ole Miss
USCe @ Auburn
Oregon State @ Boise State
WVU @ LSU

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big Ten has a huge slate of non conference games this week, headlined by Penn State vs Temple and Ohio State vs Eastern Michigan.

I wish I was kidding.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Been looking forward to RU/UNC for a long time now, as have all my Rutgers buddies...except of course, the one who planned his engagement party this weekend at 3pm (330 start time). Fucker. Only decent OOC game of the year, going to be perfect tailgating weather and a great start time...and we're screwed.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Cuckoo
College Starter

Everyone seems to be blowing off Cincy's chances against OU. And I realize that the Bearcats haven't looked good this year. Until the Sooners look consistent in any way and until Landry puts together a good road game, though, I'll be somewhat less than comfortable.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 09-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

I was actually looking forward to the Boise State game, until last week. Our defense had serious trouble at home, against Louisville. Boise’s gonna hang 70 on us.

Last edited by I. J. Reilly : 09-22-2010 at 02:18 PM.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
molson
General Manager

Everybody here is kind of excited about "College Gameday" coming to Boise for the first time - though I'm not quite sure what that really means or why they're so excited. People will be talking at a desk outside the stadium? All right, that's - something. Maybe it's a sign Boise St. is relevant in college football but I think the two Fiesta Bowls were a more telling sign of that.

Last edited by molson : 09-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Alabama @ Arkansas
Stanford @ Notre Dame
USCe @ Auburn
Oregon State @ Boise State

Probably the only ones I'm interested in. This will be 'Bama's biggest and maybe best test for their young secondary. They just have to slow them down enough though. The amount of defenses I think could hang with 'Bama's offense is mighty small.

I fully expect to see Stanford to win, but I'm curious how close it is.

Auburn is overrated and just asking for a loss. USCe looks good so far, but just how good is still to be determined.

One of the last chances Boise gets to show what it can do and people to actually care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Big Ten has a huge slate of non conference games this week, headlined by Penn State vs Temple and Ohio State vs Eastern Michigan.

I wish I was kidding.

Oh come on now. You have Michigan vs. Bowling Green and MSU vs. Northern Colorado.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Boise has to pray Nevada doesn't lose more than 1 or 2 games before November.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU has played horrible their past 2 games...but the QB carousel is over as Riley is out for the season with his shoulder having to be operated on.

It means Jake Heaps is full time...I think it will be great as the team gets used to one qb and one that is a prototype BYU QB.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Been looking forward to RU/UNC for a long time now, as have all my Rutgers buddies...except of course, the one who planned his engagement party this weekend at 3pm (330 start time). Fucker. Only decent OOC game of the year, going to be perfect tailgating weather and a great start time...and we're screwed.
Odds of you still watching Rutgers football in 10 years=100% - Odds of their relationship lasting 10 years? Eh, 50/50. Besides, how good a friend can he be if he schedules without regard to the college football schedule? I think the choice is obvious.

I also think Notre Dame will have a better shot to win than the layperson is giving them. It's reflected in the Vegas line of -4/5, but I'm guessing people are hammering Stanford with money until that gets up to at least 7+.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

My wife got invited to a shower that is the Saturday of homecoming for us. The time isn't announced for the game yet. With only 7 home games a year, can't you find another weekend or a Sunday?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #12
Swaggs
Coordinator

WVU and BYU have agreed to play a game at Fed Ex Field (home of the Redskins) in 2016. Our fans have wanted a game there for a few years (were hoping for Va Tech), but this should be a fun one against a quality opponent. Almost like a midseason bowl game.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
WVU and BYU have agreed to play a game at Fed Ex Field (home of the Redskins) in 2016. Our fans have wanted a game there for a few years (were hoping for Va Tech), but this should be a fun one against a quality opponent. Almost like a midseason bowl game.

I am pretty excited by this chance.

BYU is starting to put together some future schedules that are going to be extremely tough for us. If we continue to play like we have so far....it will suck
Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
I was actually looking forward to the Boise State game, until last week. Our defense had serious trouble at home, against Louisville. Boise’s gonna hang 70 on us.
I'd be more confident in OSU's chances, but there's the trend of slow starts to the season combined with the inexperience of Katz at QB. And added to that, it would seem the Beavers are feeling the attrition in the offseason from their defense.

I probably would have favored Boise on their smurf turf anyway, but those factors plus how they looked last weekend clinch it for me. I'd love to be proven wrong though...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
MrBug708
Head Coach

Route 66 revenge game
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nick Saban confirms Michigan vs Alabama in Dallas to open 2012.

Michigan in 2012 will now feature (as of now)

vs Alabama (Neutral)
@ Notre Dame
Michigan State
@ Nebraska
Iowa
@ Ohio State
Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow. Any idea when tickets would be available?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wow. Any idea when tickets would be available?

No clue but I'm going to be saving now to make it down there that's for sure.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

If UNLV can't beat New Mexico at Sam Boyd Saturday night, I officially give up on the football season.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #20
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Miami with a nice little statement @ Pitt. It would be nice if Jacory Harris stopped throwing multiple INT's, but it looks like the Canes are a borderline top 10 team everywhere else.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #21
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Miami with a nice little statement @ Pitt. It would be nice if Jacory Harris stopped throwing multiple INT's, but it looks like the Canes are a borderline top 10 team everywhere else.

I'm not very high on Jacory. Too many stupid decisions and his arm strength is pretty average.

Pitt is really struggling to do anything with a an offensive line that isn't as dominant as it was last year. Dion Lewis is actually having to work for yards instead of running through giant holes and he's looking more like a guy that only got 2 D-1 offers instead of Big East player of the year. Unless things change quickly they're looking at 5+ loses.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #22
tarcone
Coordinator

Will Michigan be ready for Alabama? They dont need an embarassing national TV loss.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #23
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm not very high on Jacory. Too many stupid decisions and his arm strength is pretty average.

Pitt is really struggling to do anything with a an offensive line that isn't as dominant as it was last year. Dion Lewis is actually having to work for yards instead of running through giant holes and he's looking more like a guy that only got 2 D-1 offers instead of Big East player of the year. Unless things change quickly they're looking at 5+ loses.
I don't want to absolve Jacory of blame, but I also haven't been sold on the play-calling from the pieces I've seen. Too many vertical routes with extra blockers kept in, when I think they should be getting Harris outside the pocket more and using his athleticism in conjunction with crossing routes and multiple levels. Regardless, Damion Berry, the defense, and particularly the special teams have looked excellent. They'll probably make me look foolish by giving away a game vs. Clemson or FSU soon, but a 12-point loss in Columbus really isn't a bad loss.

Agreed that Pitt looks bad. The loss of Romeus hurt, but they weren't that good last year either. Johnathan Baldwin was very underutilized in the red zone vs. Utah imo.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #24
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Will Michigan be ready for Alabama? They dont need an embarassing national TV loss.

If we're not back to being Michigan by 2012, heads are going to roll anyway.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #25
Butter
Coordinator

Why don't you guys settle into just being the all new Michigan? Like 7-5 will probably be the best you can do. You can start hanging your hat on wins like beating a crap Notre Dame team with a late drive, and hanging on to beat UMass. Those are season highlights! When you have a single player who is the lone star on the team, you can get him on the Heisman frontrunner pages for a few weeks while you're still "Michigan", but you secretly know that as soon as you play an Iowa, or a Wisconsin, that he will crap the bed and you will be back to being the "all new Michigan!" Enjoy the non-conference schedule while you can! 2-6 in the Big Tweleven awaits.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #26
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Why don't you guys settle into just being the all new Michigan? Like 7-5 will probably be the best you can do. You can start hanging your hat on wins like beating a crap Notre Dame team with a late drive, and hanging on to beat UMass. Those are season highlights! When you have a single player who is the lone star on the team, you can get him on the Heisman frontrunner pages for a few weeks while you're still "Michigan", but you secretly know that as soon as you play an Iowa, or a Wisconsin, that he will crap the bed and you will be back to being the "all new Michigan!" Enjoy the non-conference schedule while you can! 2-6 in the Big Tweleven awaits.

That's exactly what the thinking was after the 1996 season, since we'd been 7-4 like four times in a row.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 09-24-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #27
Butter
Coordinator

So, does that make "Shoelace" Brian Griese? Who would be Tom Brady in this situation?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #28
Passacaglia
Coordinator

When we actually make it to 7-4, I'll let you know. But if you happen to figure out who Drew Henson is, let us know so we can take care of him before he even shows up on campus.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
Butter
Coordinator

Why, that was Tate Forcier. I think you guys already took care of that.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #30
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Cool, things are looking up then!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
If UNLV can't beat New Mexico at Sam Boyd Saturday night, I officially give up on the football season.

Arkansas is looking pretty good this year, though.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Arkansas is looking pretty good this year, though.

Very true, although I still keep waiting for that defense to get completely exposed. It's going to happen at some point this year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #33
MJ4H
Coordinator

The defense is vastly improved this year. Alabama might be a different thing altogether, of course.

Last edited by MJ4H : 09-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #34
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
You can start hanging your hat on wins like beating a crap Notre Dame team with a late drive, and hanging on to beat UMass. Those are season highlights!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #35
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This is the #4 team in the nation?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #36
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

SMU isn't as bad anymore, they are a pretty decent team, now that said TCU does not look like #4 at all tonite.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I love you June Jones. go SMU!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #38
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Please, PLEASE tell me that I wasn't the only one to see the members of the sorority with that hand sign and have it take a few seconds to sink in that it was the Tri-Delta thing , and not a certain part of the female anatomy?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #39
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Finally getting to watch some GT. Bad fumble there, but that counter-option was a nice play.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Denard Robinson bruises his knee and is done for the day. Could come back if needed but we have 296 yards after the first quarter and 21-0 lead. Robinson was 4-4 for 60 yards passing and had 5 carries for 128 yards and 2 TD rushing.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #41
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Denard Robinson bruises his knee and is done for the day. Could come back if needed but we have 296 yards after the first quarter and 21-0 lead. Robinson was 4-4 for 60 yards passing and had 5 carries for 128 yards and 2 TD rushing.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about the note on screen, and all it said was knee injury. That souned like trouble.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #42
GrantDawg

Yall aint talky today. Nebit just missed a hr TD, but went 60 yards to the 3. Tech trying to scrap into this game. They scored on a Roddy Jones run, 17-14.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #43
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Nice to see Toledo up on Purdue.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #44
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Anybody know what's happening in Manhattan, Kansas? Game has been delayed for awhile now.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
GrantDawg

Well, NCSU score two TD's unanswered, and now have a 17 point lead. I'd say this game is pretty done. This is not going to be a good year for Tech.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #46
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I noticed Marve only threw 3 passes today and Purdue has another QB in now. Anyone know what's going on there?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #47
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

GT has now reached the point of being embarrassing.

For all the criticism of the "high school offense", it's the defense that's not even at a decent HS level.

At this point, I'm ready to start looking at the backup QB's. This team isn't going anywhere with Nesbitt (hey, he finally completed a pass ... and fumbled the snap on the 3rd & short that followed) might as well begin preparing for life without him.

And within a couple of years, for life without CPJ as well. I don't believe it's nearly so much a matter of the scheme, it's a matter of grossly inadequate talent to compete at the D1 level, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #48
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

LOL, Nesbitt will get credit for 50 yds passing there ... thanks to a good play by the RB on a swing pass.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #49
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I noticed Marve only threw 3 passes today and Purdue has another QB in now. Anyone know what's going on there?

He's out
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #50
General Mike
Pro Starter

Rutgers is gonna lose. That is all.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote