Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

World Equestrian Games

So I'm sure the vast majority of you probably have no clue what this is, but the World Equestrian Games start tomorrow and run for 2 weeks here in Lexington. It's basically the world championships for all of the non-race equestrian competitions.

It's supposed to draw 500,000 people from over 60 countries to central KY. It's the first time the event has been held in North America. It's the largest sporting event to be held in the US in 2010 and the largest sporting event ever held in this region. So, we're expecting crazy traffic and not bothering to go out to eat. In fact, our school system moved fall break up a week so we could get the hell out of town if we wanted - so we're going to Gatlinburg the week of the 4th.

Should be pretty interesting - I've already seen a group of hot Swedish women tooling around downtown, and last night I flew back in to Louisville from Chicago and there was a huge plane with arabic writing on the side with 4-6 cop cars, a couple of limos, and a dozen-SUV processional waiting plane-side. So I suspect it was a foreign dignitary who came in for the WEG.

The interesting thing is that while this area is of course known for horses, it's almost completely thoroughbreds/racing and none of thsi type of stuff. No one from the state of Kentucky is actually competing here! Can't wait to see what the traffic looks like next week on the way home every night...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-24-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Should be pretty interesting - I've already seen a group of hot Swedish women tooling around downtown, and last night I flew back in to Louisville from Chicago and there was a huge plane with arabic writing on the side with 4-6 cop cars, a couple of limos, and a dozen-SUV processional waiting plane-side. So I suspect it was a foreign dignitary who came in for the WEG.

There's a custom 747 sitting in Cincinnati from the U.A.E as well. Those guys in the middle east love their horses. Anyway, they also got Cincinnati a permit to house some of the horses that have to be quarantined before they are released for competition. Apparently, there are only a couple facilities in the states and they are too far away and too small for the large number horses to travel to Lexington in time. At least, that's what I was told.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, during the spring and fall meets at Keeneland when they do the sales, LEX usually has 2 or 3 HUGE jets sitting out there. Pretty cool.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
JediKooter
Coordinator

Is Hilary Swank going to be there?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

How about Sarah Jessica Parker.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote