Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Axxon
Pro Starter

Football Manager Live Help

I need some help. Sunday I subscribed to football manager live. Unfortunately, since then, the manual and help pages have been offline. I have no idea what to do.

Well, I understand how to play matches and challenges but I have no idea how to apply for leagues or play more than the exhibitions. I'm told to do this things but again, that's not helping.

Can anyone let me know how to do this and maybe some beginners tips? Also, if there's any openings where fellow FOFC'ers are playing I'd be interested. I don't mind starting over to do this since I haven't done much anyway. So far the exhibitions have been fun though always at the fastest settings which really don't lend themselves to beginners.

Anyway, I know how to play FM so it's just the live differences that throw me. Anyone up to helping out please?

It looks like I picked a bad week to start RTFM!

Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:56 AM   #2
Axxon
Pro Starter

Also, it's not funny that on the forum about the manual all questions are linked to the answers in the manual I can't read. Not much help there I'm afraid.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm in Gameworld Nunez since early past summer. Which gameworld were you assigned to?

The problem you could be facing is that you have joined midseason, so you have not been assigned to any association and league.

In your case, i think there is a temporal league for people that joins mid season, named reception football association.

If you have not been auto assigned, you can join it manually:

In the top menu:
1) Click on World
2) Click on Football Associations
3) That screen is split in two, in the bottom section you can find one named Reception Football Association, click on that one.

At the right bottom, you should see a button that says membership. Click on it and there you should see the option to join association (if it's grey, it's because you have already been assigned to it).

Then if you are not assigne to any league, click on the top tab that says competitions. Once into the competition screen, again right bottom side, there is a button that says Membership, click on it and also on join.

I'm not fully sure as i joined when my gameworld started, but those where the steps i had to follow to join an association when i joined the game.

Let me know if it helps you, also feel free to shoot any other question. Even when as every online game FML has some problems (mainly balance between new and old teams and some exploits), i barely touch FM since i joined FML, as there is nothing like human competition, specially the transfer market etc that is so tough.

Last edited by Icy : 09-29-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
Icy
Pro Starter

Btw, there are some early tips i can give you to not to make the same mistakes i made as i was also totally new to FML, even being a seasoned FM player.

But it might spoil the "fun" of having those mistakes yourself, if you find fun to learn from mistakes, so let me know if you want those tips or not

Old 09-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #5
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'm in Gameworld Nunez since early past summer. Which gameworld were you assigned to?

The problem you could be facing is that you have joined midseason, so you have not been assigned to any association and league.

In your case, i think there is a temporal league for people that joins mid season, named reception football association.

If you have not been auto assigned, you can join it manually:

In the top menu:
1) Click on World
2) Click on Football Associations
3) That screen is split in two, in the bottom section you can find one named Reception Football Association, click on that one.

At the right bottom, you should see a button that says membership. Click on it and there you should see the option to join association (if it's grey, it's because you have already been assigned to it).

Then if you are not assigne to any league, click on the top tab that says competitions. Once into the competition screen, again right bottom side, there is a button that says Membership, click on it and also on join.

I'm not fully sure as i joined when my gameworld started, but those where the steps i had to follow to join an association when i joined the game.

Let me know if it helps you, also feel free to shoot any other question. Even when as every online game FML has some problems (mainly balance between new and old teams and some exploits), i barely touch FM since i joined FML, as there is nothing like human competition, specially the transfer market etc that is so tough.

I am also on Nunez.

Thank you so much for the walkthrough. I never had clicked on the competition tab yet. DOH.

As far as joining a league, what does the intensity mean? It sounds like it rates the level of competition so I should pick a low intensity first right?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Btw, there are some early tips i can give you to not to make the same mistakes i made as i was also totally new to FML, even being a seasoned FM player.

But it might spoil the "fun" of having those mistakes yourself, if you find fun to learn from mistakes, so let me know if you want those tips or not

I'd really like any tips you have. I'm pretty sure I already made enough mistakes drafting my team though we fare well against computer teams a couple of ranks higher. I can also see how this would be way more fun than the solo games but I'd miss a lot from that. I imagine playing both when 2011 comes out but this will get more of my attention.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:30 AM   #7
Icy
Pro Starter

You also in Nunez? nice, then i can also help you maybe with some cheap loans, i'm in Div1.

You should be in the chat, if you are right now there, i'll add you as friend so we can chat anytime, play games, help each other etc.

Let me know your team name and i'll search for you and will request the friendship.

About intensity, it means the amount of daily games on average, so an intensity of 5 means your team will need to play 5 games per day in that competition.

Last edited by Icy : 09-29-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #8
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You also in Nunez? nice, then i can also help you maybe with some cheap loans, i'm in Div1.

You should be in the chat, if you are right now there, i'll add you as friend so we can chat anytime, play games, help each other etc.

Let me know your team name and i'll search for you and will request the friendship.

About intensity, it means the amount of daily games on average, so an intensity of 5 means your team will need to play 5 games per day in that competition.

Gotcha.

My team is the Scurvy Dogs ( Buccaneers fan )
Old 09-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #9
Axxon
Pro Starter

Are you the Toledo Swords?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #10
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok added as friend, this could be the begining of a FOFC gang in Nunez GW

Btw, if somebody else wants to join FML, let me know, i'll send you an invite so you can join also the Nunez gameworld, as else the gameworld you are assigned is just random and it will be more fun if we play together in the same one.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

With regards to tactics try and stick to something basic and solid to start with, I advocate a 4-1-3-2 myself (or a 4-1-2-3 if you want to follow the crowd) - but try and 'mix it up' a little by doing something different than the usual attacking style most users play.

For instance at the moment - I play a 'normal' or 'defensive' mentality and counter attacking - this combined with having fast strikers with tackling PPM's means I can defend from the front and the strikers get a fair few goals from pouncing on defenders with poor ball skills.

One thing newcomers to FML often find is that its hard to adjust from being a 'dominant' FM PC/Mac player to playing against lots of human managers - humans are a lot less predictable than PC managers and while some of what they'll do is 'silly' ... often its only silly if you work out how to counter it

The 'easiest' approach to becoming successful in FML imho is to take a long-term youth approach and bring players through inside your team, pick up older players in the off-season to keep your first team competitive initially and bring players through from the youth as and when they're ready.

(I'm in Voller if anyones about)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-29-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote