Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
UK Bronco
n00b

Uploading saved game from external hard drive

Hi guys, hope you are all keeping safe and well. Wondered if you might be be able to help me with an issue I have please ? I'm getting a worrying error message on my pc which may need a system reset to fix, so before I take it to the repair shop I wanted to make sure I don't lose my latest FOF8 franchise/game save and progress. I've saved it on to an external hard drive, so to ensure I can upload it again if I need to reload Steam and FOF after the repair, what would be the best way to do that please ? Could I right click on the game icon and see the saved version from the external drive through the 'local files' option or would I need to move it myself first from the external drive into 'local files' on the pc's c drive ? If anyone could help advise me please it would be hugely appreciated. Having to start again from scratch would be a bit frustrating. Thank you for any help.

UK Bronco

Last edited by UK Bronco : 10-23-2020 at 09:46 PM.
UK Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think, but am not fully certain, that the files you'd want to back up are located in two places:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Eight

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Front Office Football Eight
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

...and that first location will have folders like universe (data for your single player games), leagues (for your multi player leagues) and leaguedata (data drops from either one) that would all be your custom, personal info

I think if you back up the contents of both those folders, you ought to be in good shape.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

From the FAQ...

Quote:
I am trying to locate the saved game folders (universe, leagues, import, export) the game uses. Where are they?
These folders are in the AppData folder in your Users/Your_Profile_Name folder. However, these folders are hidden, by default, in Vista and Windows 7/8/10. So, in your file manager (File Explorer or My Computer or Computer on the Start Menu), go to Folder Options, click the View tab, and make sure you check the box to show Hidden files and folders.

Underneath the AppData folder, you'll find the files in Local/Solecismic Software/Front Office Football Eight.

If you are looking for the installation files, you'll find them in the Steam/SteamApps/common/Front Office Football Eight folder where you installed Steam. If you're interested in modifying the graphics files, you'll find them in the pictures folder. Just about everything that can be modded can be found there. You will no longer find any use for ResHack.

http://www.solecismic.com/faq.php
Old 10-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
.I think if you back up the contents of both those folders, you ought to be in good shape.
Yeah, I think this is it. Probably just universe, but I'd get the others to be safe.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #6
tzach
High School JV

make sure you backup the playbooks folder as well, if you don't have them saved somewhere else
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
UK Bronco
n00b

Thanks very much guys, think I've backed that all up now. Thanks for replying, really helpful and appreciated.

Best wishes and keep safe and well everyone, UK Bronco.
UK Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote