Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #151
Autumn
Head Coach

No, I don't really want anyone to answer that, but it's something to ponder as we're passing items. I'm wondering whether someone could make better use of mine than me.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #152
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
No, I don't really want anyone to answer that, but it's something to ponder as we're passing items. I'm wondering whether someone could make better use of mine than me.

If an item compliments a given role, then I would certainly look to give it to that role. Also, it might be worth trying to funnel our items through people that are capable of gaining knowledge like the seer and follower roles to let them give it to the people that have been cleared (at least temporarily). This would be better done earlier rather than later since there is the risk of corruption.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #153
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I highly suggest passing items to "specific roles" and doing it earlier as well. I assume some of these items may keep people incorruptible or give them another benefit so I think J23 is likely right above.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #154
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Objects in mirror are more vampiric than they appear.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #155
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I highly suggest passing items to "specific roles" and doing it earlier as well.

Now hold on here. I'm not sure we should be throwing all of our eggs into just a couple of baskets. If we for instance pass all of our items to the detective what happens to those items if the detective is killed?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #156
Telle
College Starter

I think it makes sense to send objects to the person who would be able to make the best use out of them, based on what limited knowledge you have of the object.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #157
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And what happens if that person gets converted?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #158
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We're boned!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #159
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I think it makes sense to send objects to the person who would be able to make the best use out of them, based on what limited knowledge you have of the object.

And that is my point. I would send my item to a good guy role that I think can use it.

Those saying "what if that person gets converted," the same thing applies if you still have it, what if you get converted? My thoughts are that the objects *likely* give the person that they belong to an advantage against conversion, death, etc. For instance, if there was a plate of milk and cookies and Santa was a role, they would go together. Maybe he eats the cookies, drinks the milk, says "ho, ho, ho" and wards off some baddies. But for me, those would just be milk and cookies. It's an obvious connection. IF your item has an obvious partner and you aren't sending it to them, then that is a problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #160
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And that is my point. I would send my item to a good guy role that I think can use it.

Those saying "what if that person gets converted," the same thing applies if you still have it, what if you get converted? My thoughts are that the objects *likely* give the person that they belong to an advantage against conversion, death, etc. For instance, if there was a plate of milk and cookies and Santa was a role, they would go together. Maybe he eats the cookies, drinks the milk, says "ho, ho, ho" and wards off some baddies. But for me, those would just be milk and cookies. It's an obvious connection. IF your item has an obvious partner and you aren't sending it to them, then that is a problem.

I would say the reverse is true too. If your item does not have an obvious partner the best play is to keep it yourself. I would not send flowers to Santa. Reindeer food...I probably would unless Rudolph was in the game.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #161
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Correct dubb, whole-heartedly. Something like that, with no obvious partner, I would hold on to because it may help you OR maybe it'll have a use revealed later.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #162
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That does it, we need a North Pole game LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #163
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
That does it, we need a North Pole game LOL

Sorry for the silly example. Although now I'm totally picturing WW Christimas 2010: The Elf Revolt.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #164
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I would say the reverse is true too. If your item does not have an obvious partner the best play is to keep it yourself. I would not send flowers to Santa. Reindeer food...I probably would unless Rudolph was in the game.

I think that's a good way to look at things.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

This analysis makes sense to me.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #166
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We really don't know what the Red Death minions can do yet. They perhaps have abilities equal to the light bringers. And remember that people gain more evil abilities and lose other ones as they get currupted.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #167
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

From the rules

Quote:
Adept – You are able to, once per night, cast an Auramancy spell that will tell you if someone is a Servant of the Red Death. However, it has been shown in the past that many Servants do not show up as evil, so this is not a guaranteed way. Each time you choose to cast the Auramancy spell, there is a very small but very real chance that the magic will corrupt you, since all magic comes from the Red Death.

This makes me think we are going to have more than 1 cunning.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #168
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
From the rules

This makes me think we are going to have more than 1 cunning.

Hmmmm it meant to me that the adept's scan works on a certain percentage and does not work on the other. Like 50% accuracy like the fool.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #169
Telle
College Starter

Well I'm getting out of here shortly and I don't know if I'll be on again before deadline.. so I'm going to go ahead and

vote EagleFan
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #170
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hmmmm it meant to me that the adept's scan works on a certain percentage and does not work on the other. Like 50% accuracy like the fool.

I read it as much better than the fool. The fool is basically useless because of false positives. This just gives false negatives, meaning that if you come up scanning wolf, you know it is a wolf at least. It just means you can't trust the negative scans as much.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #171
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah I wasn't sure which way to take it. Either way I feel a little daunted by this.. along with the possibility for conversions, it's going to make for a tough game.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #172
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I read it as much better than the fool. The fool is basically useless because of false positives. This just gives false negatives, meaning that if you come up scanning wolf, you know it is a wolf at least. It just means you can't trust the negative scans as much.
+1
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #173
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well I'm getting out of here shortly and I don't know if I'll be on again before deadline.. so I'm going to go ahead and

vote EagleFan

any reason?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After some pm conversations, I have decided to clarify a previous statement in the thread. Listen very carefully.

After Night Four, there is no night action that can result in a conversion.

That is all I can say about that. Interpret it however you will.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #175
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
any reason?

Not really. The way he's kinda jumping on things is kind of pinging me, but that's about it.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #176
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, sounds to me like there may be some daytime actions ...

For the record (on something that likely can not be validated or refuted) I was not one of the people peppering Abe with questions about the rules by PM. I have not had much time to do more than read the thread up to this point. Kudos to those more engaged than I've been so far.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #177
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well I'm getting ready to head out in a bit, not sure if i'll be back before i have to go to work (late shift, ugh) so im gonna throw my vote in

Vote Autumn

Nothing more than suggesting everyone to share their info

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #178
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hmm, sounds to me like there may be some daytime actions ...

Explain.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
After Night Four, there is no night action that can result in a conversion.

It sounds like Abe measured his words very carefully in that post.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #180
hoopsguy
General Manager

Plus I'm drawing on Abe's past games, where there certainly have been actions processed during non-standard times.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #181
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Perhaps. I was thinking " there is NO night action..." meaning both good and bad guys cannot convert guys to their side.
Don't know but he's trying to be vague on purpose to not give EVERYTHING about the game away. and yay for that.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #182
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Danny

Eaglefan was a close second for his cunning comment in a game where I think there are multiple cunnings. On day 1 I expect the wolves the let the action play out and not put themselves in the limelight. It is a pretty solid play actually since most of the time D1 votes turn out to be good guys and the next few days revolve around who pushed for the good guy vote. Danny is a guy who really hasn't pushed anything out there today and that is out of the ordinary for him.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #183
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Eagle
Vote J23

I like Autumn's comment about trying to put others in the spotlight early. (is tirred of it being me.) So I picked one more or less at random
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #184
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Vote telle
For calling out west-coasters and not letting us sleep.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #185
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Unvote Eagle
Vote J23

I like Autumn's comment about trying to put others in the spotlight early. (is tirred of it being me.) So I picked one more or less at random

I think I've been more vocal than most today
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #186
hoopsguy
General Manager

Doing a quick vote count, then will be casting a vote before leaving work.

I should have a few minutes tonight to review the thread pre-deadline, but probably won't be around right at the deadline.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #187
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

howeer you don't get a lot of day one votes, j23. my vote is not based on post count.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #188
hoopsguy
General Manager

I deliberated between two right now:
Jackal - voted for NTN for being first to cast vote #2 on someone. I hate that argument; I don't think it holds water at this point and probably never did, statistically.

EF - NTN unvoted him for reasons that really "read" as half-hearted to me. Especially peculiar given that EF was only person ahead of NTN in votes at time.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #189
hoopsguy
General Manager

Current votes, as of Post #189:

PB - Poli (93)
EF - J23 (129), Telle (170), Hoops (189)
NTN - EF (131), Jackal (151)
Autumn - DV (178)
Danny - Dubb (183)
J23 - NTN (184)
Telle - CF (185)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #190
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heading out for a date. I'll be disappointed if I'm around for the deadline.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #191
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm all for condensing and I think the number of new candidates once ntn and EF were facing off may be telling.

vote ntn
Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #192
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, reasoning for ntn, put things into a tie and see what happens. I will move to avoid a tie however.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #193
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I deliberated between two right now:
Jackal - voted for NTN for being first to cast vote #2 on someone. I hate that argument; I don't think it holds water at this point and probably never did, statistically.

I had another reason too, which was really the more meaningful of the two, that being that he is often UTR and around late without leaving many posts to tip his hand.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #194
The Jackal
Coordinator

And if you couldn't tell from the tone of that earlier post, I was mostly joking as to the nature of day one votes.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Heading out for a date. I'll be disappointed if I'm around for the deadline.

Hot

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #196
henry296
College Starter

I'm going to make sure we have a third candidate with so many people. She tends to fly under the radar and is not usually an early candidate.

Vote Telle
Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Checking in. I have a good guess at what my item does, though it's not of much use to me.

What's the order in regards to trading items/night actions/night kills?

You know, there is so little to go on Day Ones, but you grasp at what straws you can. This reads to me less like a question from a villager with an item, and more like someone suggesting he has a night action.

Now, that might be a good guy, but my gut says it could actually be one of the Servants who can't PM (check the rules; possible for this game), possibly trying to put it out there to other Servants that he is one of them. It's unclear from the rules if a Servant who can't PM is even known to the other Servants.

Very slim, yes. But I have to vote soon, as I will soon be leaving work for the night.

VOTE J23

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #198
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CR, I've noticed a lot actually that people who ask questions about rules and items and such on the board usually end up being wolves trying to come across as villagers.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #199
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Due to car trouble im back earlier than i thought. heading out to work in about an hour though

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote EF

If PB is right that votes spread after a conflict between those two I find the voting pattern against EF slightly worse. I do not buy CR's theory.