Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

New initial file released. See your PM from me.

There may be a problem with the initial file that will require me to release another version of it. If you've already exported, and you made an offer on a rookie who was drafted, it appears that offer will not be accepted. More info coming fairly soon.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Ben E Lou

OK. It is confirmed that none of the rookies who were drafted will sign until after FA2:5 (right before camp). People are helping to get this resolved, and I should know one way or another fairly shortly (a few hours) which way we're going to handle it. But one thing is certain: another file will be released that you will want to use to do your export. One of two things is going to happen here:

1. The existing file will be altered so that the existing rookies will be willing to sign.

or

2. I will revert to a backup from 2019, then sim forward to the 2020 draft and we will "pick" the worst 224 adjusted-rating scrubs for all the teams, so this issue doesn't hurt us. Those 224 guys won't sign until the end of FA2...but there are around 850 or so players in a draft class, so locking down the worst 224 probably won't even be noticed. (You'll still have all contracts voided and a full cap to work with.)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
2. I will revert to a backup from 2019, then sim forward to the 2020 draft and we will "pick" the worst 224 adjusted-rating scrubs for all the teams, so this issue doesn't hurt us. Those 224 guys won't sign until the end of FA2...but there are around 850 or so players in a draft class, so locking down the worst 224 probably won't even be noticed. (You'll still have all contracts voided and a full cap to work with.)

It's going to be this option...a new draft class has been generated and manually entered in. (Thanks for doing that, MalcPow!!!) The worst 224 adjusted-rating guys were selected. Like the original good draftees, they won't sign during FA2, but the very best of them is like 5/23, so I kind of doubt it will matter at all.

Apologies for the inconvenience. A new file should be up at some point this afternoon/evening.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Good thing I wrote down all my offers...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Ben E Lou

Ok. New file has passed all tests I can think of. I'm getting it together for a release. I'll PM everyone as well.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Just to double check- even if I did not offer a contract to any rookie, I need to download and re-do all my offers?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Just to double check- even if I did not offer a contract to any rookie, I need to download and re-do all my offers?
Gimme a sec to test that out. I *think* you'll be fine...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Aren't you Carolina? I don't see an export from you...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Aren't you Carolina? I don't see an export from you...

Yeah I hadn't exported yet, I wasn't quite finished. I will have to check, I might have a rookie in there, a special teams guy... More of a just wondering if I needed to start over, or continue with mine (if I have a rookie I know it will be start over- let me check)
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

Ah.

Well, just from a strategic standpoint, I would strongly advise starting over. There are some very good rookies in this FA pool.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
Tormaz
Mascot

I am getting names like..

dsBartS jaminFiel
rro drickBu

any idea what might be causing this?
Tormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

Yes. I probably didn't put a names file in there that I should have. I've seen that before. Let me check on something...
Old 10-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #13
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, I am thinking about making an offer to cherKyl eBruc, but I don't know what language to word the contract in so he can understand it.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
jwolf02
n00b

I deleted my original 0000fowl league, and now when I do the same thing I did last time, and I try to open it, FOF tells me "unable to load game plan data file. saved game is missing." Any help?
jwolf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

Yup. I was missing two files. Re-uploading the main zip file right now. Give it about 5 minutes, then try it again.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #16
Ben E Lou

It's there now. Please confirm whether or not the names look right now...
Old 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
Tormaz
Mascot

Much better.

I'll have a file in this weekend.
Tormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
jwolf02
n00b

Quote:
Ah.

Well, just from a strategic standpoint, I would strongly advise starting over. There are some very good rookies in this FA pool.

IF I had already exported with the original file, and I decide that I want to play wait and see with how the rookie offers go... would my original export work?
jwolf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You don't want to play wait and see.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #20
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf02 View Post
IF I had already exported with the original file, and I decide that I want to play wait and see with how the rookie offers go... would my original export work?
Would it "work?" In terms of me being able to import it, I would receive it just fine. However, I cannot say with any certainty whether or not it would offer the players that you meant to offer. Please keep in mind that I will be running the file on a player file with ~850 players who were in the original no longer being there. To be safe on this issue, I'd strongly encourage submitting a new file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You don't want to play wait and see.

And yes, he's dead right. I would think that there's a near-100% chance that several (maybe even dozens) of the good rookies sign in the first week.