Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #51
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Yeah. With people trading that many 2024 picks, we need to have a 2024 draft. Draft rule goes into effect 2025.

Seriously, honorable dictator, read through the whole thread and make sure you know what you're reading before making a decision.

(they're not idiots, they're heroes)

Last edited by QuikSand : 03-29-2009 at 03:22 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #52
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Sorry. I just read the trade blocks and saw 2024 picks traded. I can't figure out why on earth people would put picks that do no exist in a trade. I would think you'd trade a scrub for a bunch of 2023 picks.

*shurg*

Carry on.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #53
Ben E Lou

Just to clarify 100%: no draft in 2024.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #54
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Are we going to make it mandatory for any team that dealt picks in 2024 to move them ahead one year to 2023?

I made 2 deals last season involving 2024 picks, now both of those need to be rectified, otherwise one side ends up dealing picks or players for nothing.

The problem is, I traded for Phillys 2024 first rounder, and Philly picks 2nd this year. I can see how that is kind of a big deal, to lose that pick.

So should anyone involved go back and "fix" any trades involving 2024 picks by pushing those picks a year forward to this years draft?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #55
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Are we going to make it mandatory for any team that dealt picks in 2024 to move them ahead one year to 2023?

I made 2 deals last season involving 2024 picks, now both of those need to be rectified, otherwise one side ends up dealing picks or players for nothing.

The problem is, I traded for Phillys 2024 first rounder, and Philly picks 2nd this year. I can see how that is kind of a big deal, to lose that pick.

So should anyone involved go back and "fix" any trades involving 2024 picks by pushing those picks a year forward to this years draft?

So what does Philly get if you are given your pick back?
This will not work. The best way for this to work, for those teams that traded away their 2023 picks for 2024 picks, is to ask for anyone with picks this year who probably don't want it who can trade them to you for your 2024 picks. Obviously the 2024 picks are worthless, but those who want this thing to happen will probably happily give you their 2023 picks for your 2024 picks.

Look at what MalcPow did, he practically gave his picks away.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
Ben E Lou

What Sef0r said.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #57
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
So what does Philly get if you are given your pick back?
This will not work. The best way for this to work, for those teams that traded away their 2023 picks for 2024 picks, is to ask for anyone with picks this year who probably don't want it who can trade them to you for your 2024 picks. Obviously the 2024 picks are worthless, but those who want this thing to happen will probably happily give you their 2023 picks for your 2024 picks.

Look at what MalcPow did, he practically gave his picks away.

Just have to look at the trade, Philly received Cincy's 2nd and 3rd round picks in last years draft, not 2023; but 2022. Just as Cincy received my 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks in last years draft (2022), in exchange for his 1st, 3rd and 4th in 2024. Now im looking at nothing in return.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #58
Ben E Lou

Talk with Subby then. He said he'd help you people out.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #59
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well in this situation, I received the picks from chinaski in the cincinnati/ washington trade last season. I have already gotten my end of the deal, so i can understand that given the circumstances, chinaski thinks i should give him my picks from this season instead. That seems fair to me.

The only other deal that has not been resolved that involved draft picks from 2024 is the cincinnati / philly deal last season, in which philly already received payment for their end of the deal.

So, of course, its sensitive because its the number 2 overall pick, but we (myself in one instance, chinaski in the other) get nothing in return here because of a decision that was left out of our hands.

i'm going to give chinaski the picks from this year to pay for the trade we made last season.

I'd like phillys number one this year for the same reason I am giving the picks to chinaski, but I guess if it doesn't happen theres nothing I can do. I figured since the decision was made from the top that we would not have a draft in 2024, that it could also be made to make pick compensation mandatory in cases where one team has already received their end of the deal.

FUCK EA
Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 AM   #60
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't wanna come off as a dick, but theres a reason I made that deal for my 2024 first, because I KNEW i just wasn't be very good last year. I don't wanna screw anyone out of something, but at the same time I don't wanna have to suffer either.

I'd be willing to give up my 2nd and 3rd rounders but the #2 overall pick is not something i wanna give up.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #61
Ben E Lou

You don't have to give it up. The best course of action is for J.R. to approach one of the people who said they'd give up picks. He can have all of mine this year to start with, but I don't have anything before round 3. I'd suggest that he should approach Subby. And then he can have one of my good players, too, if that isn't enough.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #62
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll see what I can do, but in the meantime, its not a major issue. Unfortunate, but not major.

Everything is going to be just fine.

FUCK EA