Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2032 FA2:1 Complete

http://textsports.net/files/fowl/203...2%20Stage1.zip

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Excellent - I think I got DE Herriman at a relative steal because of the other two DEs at the top of this class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Or because I forgot to check in late yesterday and so didn't get a turn in for FA2:1...
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Great, and my FA1 turn was apparently missed thanks to the Upload screwup. Wonderful.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Great, and my FA1 turn was apparently missed thanks to the Upload screwup. Wonderful.

yeah, no one ever even responded to it in thread at all. I noticed it was fixed late that night though and re-uploaded mine.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
TheMeat
n00b

Quote:

That sucks, especially losing your C but there's still tons of talent available. Missing an export licks balls tho in this league, I feel for ya.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Guys - I've said many, many times - if there are problems with the site, you need to PM/IM myself and/or Ben.

Sorry that apparently there was a problem two stages ago, but I honestly didn't know about it - and now in hindsight I can't have it addressed. I'm not sure why the problem you guys are explaining would happen - and now I can't try to figure it out.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Guys - I've said many, many times - if there are problems with the site, you need to PM/IM myself and/or Ben.

Sorry that apparently there was a problem two stages ago, but I honestly didn't know about it - and now in hindsight I can't have it addressed. I'm not sure why the problem you guys are explaining would happen - and now I can't try to figure it out.

I make my wife write out the grocery list in sticky notes otherwise I always forget to pick up milk or eggs or bread or something essential. Don't feel bad that I forgot what you had said too. I only remember important things like Dale Murphy's batting average in 1984

Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I make my wife write out the grocery list in sticky notes otherwise I always forget to pick up milk or eggs or bread or something essential. Don't feel bad that I forgot what you had said too. I only remember important things like Dale Murphy's batting average in 1984

I hear ya.

I just know there are some frustrations with the site. Outside of A) me not dbupdating on time [not the site's fault] and B) the current year not showing at the right time - I'm unaware of any issues. However, it seems to me that there is a general frustration with the site. I feel relatively responsible since i pushed my brother to write and ben to use it. So, I just get a bit frustrated at the perception vs. what I see as the reality.

So, when a problem comes up and I don't get the chance to address it - it's frustrating.

FWIW, If I'm understanding what happened correctly you should have been able to go to the calendar for the current year (you may have had to put it in the address bar - I think I dbupdated during the day that day) to upload.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I hear ya.

I just know there are some frustrations with the site. Outside of A) me not dbupdating on time [not the site's fault] and B) the current year not showing at the right time - I'm unaware of any issues. However, it seems to me that there is a general frustration with the site. I feel relatively responsible since i pushed my brother to write and ben to use it. So, I just get a bit frustrated at the perception vs. what I see as the reality.

So, when a problem comes up and I don't get the chance to address it - it's frustrating.

FWIW, If I'm understanding what happened correctly you should have been able to go to the calendar for the current year (you may have had to put it in the address bar - I think I dbupdated during the day that day) to upload.

In this particular case if I remember correctly, I had gone to 2032 in the address bar to get the current year, but anywhere I clicked on "Upload" whether in the upper pull down menu or on the calendar, it kept taking me to the previous day's sim. As if something hadn't been updated yet from what I can tell. I assume since it was working fine later in the day, that was all it was..

If that helps any, that is all i can remember I fear!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yup, when we clicked the "Upload" link down in the menu links at the bottom of the site, it said we were uploading for Staff Hiring / Ticket Prices, not for FA1. And the upload went to that spot.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
Tasan
College Starter

I always use the upper link for upload, and didn't have a problem the other day. Is the code the same for both?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
QuikSand
lolzcat

Other than the tedious stuff (like it bringing up last year's stages when you obvious want this year's) it seems like the biggest problem is "incrementing" or whatever you people call it. Ben's the simmer. Any strong reason why he needs to wait around for someone else to increment the site, or run dbupdater, or whatever it is that he seems to have to wait for sometimes?

Forgive me if my question arises from naivete, I have never run a MP league, nor all the trappings that we run along with it (I suppose so we can have the website tell us the same stuff that we see in-game), so if there's a compelling reason why these jobs need to be separated, I wouldn't really know about it.

Personally, all I *need* for this league is an uploading tool and a place to get the latest file. All the top ten lists and whatnot at the standalone site add awfully little to me.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Yup, when we clicked the "Upload" link down in the menu links at the bottom of the site, it said we were uploading for Staff Hiring / Ticket Prices, not for FA1. And the upload went to that spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I always use the upper link for upload, and didn't have a problem the other day. Is the code the same for both?

Should do the same thing.

Like I said - not a ton we can do to troubleshoot now - just make sure someone PMs me if this happens again.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
TheMeat
n00b

I usually do my export at about midnight my time and it's always smooth sailing. I'd say I have no qualms about the site at all.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #16
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm new here but I've run into that same 'incrementing' problem. In fact it looks like my ticket pricing export didnt get used because my export was uploaded to the prior day's stage. It just seems like there is a significant lag between the time the file is available and the time the folder is ready for upload.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I'm new here but I've run into that same 'incrementing' problem. In fact it looks like my ticket pricing export didnt get used because my export was uploaded to the prior day's stage. It just seems like there is a significant lag between the time the file is available and the time the folder is ready for upload.

I just don't understand that. There should be zero lag.

Can someone please IM/PM me the next time this happens?

Quote:
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just don't understand that. There should be zero lag.

Can someone please IM/PM me the next time this happens?

Sure, I'll try and remember. I'm disappointed that folks that are members of this league don't read the forum, but I'll try and remember to PM you.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
merry
Mascot

FA1

Did anyone else miss signing there restricted FA's. I thought I signed them, did but i didn't.
I am so confused.
I have no idea what to offer.
I'm glad it's not the real world!
Merry
JAGS
merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #20
TheMeat
n00b

Well with the RFAs it's probably best just to give them what they ask for. Another sure bet is to give them the bonus they want, then take the salary figure they're requesting in the second year and give them that in all years if you want a deal that's even across the board. If that makes sense.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry View Post
Did anyone else miss signing there restricted FA's. I thought I signed them, did but i didn't.
I am so confused.
I have no idea what to offer.
I'm glad it's not the real world!
Merry
JAGS

There was an issue where many of the FA1 uploads wen to the Staff Hiring area and were completely missed on import. I am in the same boat as you.

Fortunately it's a fast sim league so you can recover from these issues quickly.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
QuikSand
lolzcat

Any word?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #23
TheMeat
n00b

I fear the worst.

Brain eaters got im.

Damn that big delicious brain of his.

Last edited by TheMeat : 08-22-2009 at 12:10 PM.