Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2032 Training Camp Complete (Change Tracker Results Attached)

http://textsports.net/files/fowl/203...ing%20Camp.zip
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2032_postcamp_32teamreport.csv (66.3 KB, 19 views)

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Nice hit on my two corners.

Nice miss on the three WRs.

So it's a wash.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, let's see...

We get the biggest bump of any player from our 13th year QB...

One of the top 5 bumps from a rookie that wasn't a P/K...

A 5/6 bump on our 10th year S...

All around, I'm pretty happy with this TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

Good camp for our primary rookie signing, DE Larry Williford (+5, +2).
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I missed most of this offseason due to computer upgrading. Only picked up a few minimal new players. So nothing earth shattering for us this season.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

May be time to blow up the Ravens and rebuild the whole thing here. No way we're a bye week team this season.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Everything lookin' good in Green Bay, though.

Seriously, is there a switch that needs to get flipped over there?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
TheMeat
n00b

Ya, that's a mighty fine roster they're sportin, everyone disregard the Lion's and Bear's stats for the next couple years, they'll be inflated

I'd been under the impression that the unclaimed teams were on CPU control but they don't seem to bid on FA's. Are they set to user-controlled so that they don't do anything but fill their rosters at the beginning of the year? I guess it'sd make more sense that way.

And it's good to hear your not expecting much QS, then I won't feel bad when my team FINALLY breaks out this year and wins their first division title!

As far as TC went for me, the MLB rookie I payed 24mil for started unmasking his RunDef as we knew he would and is on his way towards 90 ovr. Finally a star LB, that completes my defense.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeat View Post
I'd been under the impression that the unclaimed teams were on CPU control but they don't seem to bid on FA's. Are they set to user-controlled so that they don't do anything but fill their rosters at the beginning of the year? I guess it'sd make more sense that way.
Well, the problem is our house rules, specifically, the three-year contract rule. With as many AI teams as we would have, trying to figure out if an illegal offer is from an AI team or a human is just too cumbersome. If we can get the human-run count back into the upper 20s or better, making the list of AI teams small enough to remember easily, I'll put 'em back on AI.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'd be lying if I said the presence of only 1 human owner wasn't a factor in picking a team in this division.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Well, the problem is our house rules, specifically, the three-year contract rule. With as many AI teams as we would have, trying to figure out if an illegal offer is from an AI team or a human is just too cumbersome. If we can get the human-run count back into the upper 20s or better, making the list of AI teams small enough to remember easily, I'll put 'em back on AI.

In theory, could you not tie the code back to your owners table? Throw out results for teams with "UNCLAIMED"?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

Wade, are you insane?

PROCESS NOW:
All I have to do is import, look at the offers and check for numbers < 3 in the year column.If someone has offered too short a deal, remove that export, and since I haven't saved anything, just reload and re-import. Time elapsed: 30-45 seconds

YOUR PROCESS
The process you're suggesting would require an import, sim stage, DBUpdater run, check of the signings via code. And then I'd have to revert everything back to the way it was. Re-download file, remove transactions from the database, etc. etc. etc. Time elapsed: 15-20 minutes.

No.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
PROCESS NOW:
All I have to do is import, look at the offers and check for numbers < 3 in the year column.If someone has offered too short a deal, remove that export, and since I haven't saved anything, just reload and re-import. Time elapsed: 30-45 seconds

I'm missing something: where do you see the offers? You can see the top offer, but where do you see ALL offers?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Wade, are you insane?

PROCESS NOW:

YOUR PROCESS
The process you're suggesting would require an import, sim stage, DBUpdater run, check of the signings via code. And then I'd have to revert everything back to the way it was. Re-download file, remove transactions from the database, etc. etc. etc. Time elapsed: 15-20 minutes.

No.

Sorry - thought you were using the same method you use in the other leagues where you have code that does it.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 04:50 AM   #15
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm missing something: where do you see the offers? You can see the top offer, but where do you see ALL offers?
Can't see all offers, but no one is trying to cheat. They just forget. As a result, they do one of two things:

1. the only illegal offers they make are to scrubs that no one else offers, so I see them
2. they offer a bunch of illegal offers, and at least one (usually several) are the highest/only offer

It's not a perfect system. The only perfect system would be to look at every player offered a contract, and click on the "view offers" button. That's not gonna happen, either.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:50 AM   #16
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Sorry - thought you were using the same method you use in the other leagues where you have code that does it.
I don't have code that does this in any league.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I don't have code that does this in any league.

Well, you have it for illegal signings I guess.

At any rate - I was confused, my mistake. Definitely not expecting you to add a bunch of steps to what you're doing now.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Well, you have it for illegal signings I guess.

Maybe he has it elsewhere for illegal renegotiations and that's the confusion here.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
Ben E Lou

Correct, of course.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Maybe he has it elsewhere for illegal renegotiations and that's the confusion here.

Quote:
Correct, of course.

Ah, yes. Carry-on then, nothing to see here.

Quote: