Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2027 Training Camp Complete (Training Camp Report Attached)

http://textsports.net/files/fowl/202...ing%20Camp.zip
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2027_postcamp_32teamreport.csv (91.0 KB, 12 views)

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Sef0r
n00b

Very happy how CB D. Staples turned out. Hopefully his play matches the ratings.
Also lucky to beat out other teams for DT G. Valadez. He could help that front 4 get to the passes quicker and make it easier for my DBs. 1 year deal in the hopes of resigning him against next year. Unless he plays crap, no time for high ratings and bad play.

Sure hope I can pull it off again this season, if not at least I have at least 10 more seasons with my QB Wiggins.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Huh..

Biggest bump in the league comes from my 2nd year C, going 14/14 after already being fully developed.

Disappointing showing from my rookies though, and I'm surprised 2nd year CB Sullivan didn't move at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Disappointing showing from my rookies though, and I'm surprised 2nd year CB Sullivan didn't move at all.

He didn't play lights out, all things considered. Which is great for my QB
I don't like being in your division
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
Sef0r
n00b

Maybe its just me....but...

I think the Redskins got the best WR in the draft when they got Austin Bickford. Play him lots, don't let this guy sit on the bench. I know the Falcons and Saints got the top rated WRs, I just have this feeling this kid is something special.

Bengals Harold Goldberg has a great name and will probably play very well.

The Giants may have to play a lot of 2TE sets to get those two rookies on the field, nice score on getting those two. Is there an exploit for a QB and 2 TEs too? To top it off, they also get the highest rated rookie DEs and the DT. Lets see how they play.

Would love to see how the Colts P does after the season. Big leg. Will he replicate my P's rookie stats?

The Patriots may have picked up the sleeper tackling machine in ILB Shawn Alig.

The Steelers CB Kenny Whalen looks an interesting prospect. 5-9 193 lbs, 70/70 rating but only 80% developed in the CB positions.

Jaguars with my second sleeper in the draft (ooops, FA), I think S Brett Kubrak will surpise even the Jags owner.

Last edited by Sef0r : 06-10-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
Tasan
College Starter

I'm pretty happy with my offensive additions. If my QB just gets to a 55/55 I'd be happy. I think my WR will be real good, not much big green in his bars, mostly red. I like the RBs I snagged too, they should platoon really well. Overall, we'll make more noise on offense, and hopefully my D holds up OK. Next season or the one after hopefully we'll have a decently rated QB and an offence that is clicking.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hmmm. Looks from here like my file (yes, it's listed on the site as having been submitted) was not used, for some reason. Couldn't have been the wrong stage, since I set training camp and so forth... and I don't think there are any illegal offers in the pre-camp stage, so I don't see why it would have been plucked out.

Pretty sure I would have won one of the best remaining rookies, too. Dang.

*shurg*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post

The Giants may have to play a lot of 2TE sets to get those two rookies on the field, nice score on getting those two. Is there an exploit for a QB and 2 TEs too? To top it off, they also get the highest rated rookie DEs and the DT. Lets see how they play.

Yeah, the funny part here is that I am pretty anti-TE in my approach on many things in the offense. I know Ben and others have had great success with Tight Ends, but I have not been able to utilize them as well as say Wide Receivers. I actually had no Tight ends on my roster at all thanks to my FA1 file not getting used, so I pretty much was picking both up with the assumption I might get one of the two and have to find a different TE just to meet Roster requirements. I'm a bit suprised that I got both of them, but I guess I'll roll with it.

My Defensive Line is really making me excited, as I feel that I have the best young DL in the league. Now I just need to do something about having an old, degrading defensive secondary.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
Jaguars with my second sleeper in the draft (ooops, FA), I think S Brett Kubrak will surpise even the Jags owner.

Hope you're right as one of my solid safeties took a little dive this year.

The rookie corner we picked up, Donny Dancer, looks like he's for real and could even start this season alongside Roberts to form one of the better tandems in the league...and with our depth in the secondary we just might have to see if we can find a way to get all six of them on the field at once...hmmm, I wonder how effective playing lots of dime or nickel can be or else having safeties/corners playing "out of position" in regular formations?? Anybody ever try something like that?

With our regular center, Borders, taking a big dive we managed to find a keeper in King...he should be manning that spot for several years to come. Levingston held his ratings...phewf...but is still a long way from being an impact player on the line...but because of a dip or two, he might see lots of time this year. We've also likely found a new tackle in Manifold...whether he's on the right side or moves over the left is up in the air until we see how Dahl fairs as he's set to hit double digits in experience next season.

Foley, young QB we picked up last season, has gained a few current points and not lost any future over the last couple of TCs...so, is he for real?? This might be the year we find out.

Alan T, you have a PM...or two.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post

Alan T, you have a PM...or two.

Yeah, or a few. Seems my post earlier encouraged several people to send some. I'll make a trade block post I guess this morning

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #11
TheMeat
n00b

JS, playing lots of nickel and dime is great if you have a heavy pass offense. I use this approach in a lot of leagues, playing a lot of nickel even in running situations, but you really need specific personnel and a GOOD nickelback. I wouldn't suggest it until you test it out yourself and see just how to pull it off, and it kills your run defense so use wisely. And as far as playing Safeties as Linebackers, my advice is: don't. My testing has shown they perform very poorly because they don't have the positional XP.

And ya, I decided to blow my wad on Whalen since he showed 65/70 pre-camp which is a sure sign of a creeper. His low Zone Def bar was an obvious lie and when right-clicked in the trade screen after i got him already showed 51.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

Last edited by TheMeat : 06-10-2009 at 11:58 AM.
TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I'm pretty happy with my offensive additions. If my QB just gets to a 55/55 I'd be happy. I think my WR will be real good, not much big green in his bars, mostly red. I like the RBs I snagged too, they should platoon really well. Overall, we'll make more noise on offense, and hopefully my D holds up OK. Next season or the one after hopefully we'll have a decently rated QB and an offence that is clicking.

I was convinced your QB was going to be a bust. When I was looking at him thru the trade info screen, he was showing all zeros for currents on most of his abilities. Good to know rookies will move from zero on their first training camp. Grats!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeat View Post
JS, playing lots of nickel and dime is great if you have a heavy pass offense. I use this approach in a lot of leagues, playing a lot of nickel even in running situations, but you really need specific personnel and a GOOD nickelback. I wouldn't suggest it until you test it out yourself and see just how to pull it off, and it kills your run defense so use wisely. And as far as playing Safeties as Linebackers, my advice is: don't. My testing has shown they perform very poorly because they don't have the positional XP.

Tough to not play a balanced, or as balanced as possible, type of defense in a league like this because you can't tweak from week to week depending on your opponent so I'm a little leary of doing anything to one extreme or the other. But, dialing up the nickel/dime just might be the ticket because our D-Line and LBs aren't anything special so how can keeping them off the field a little more be anything but an improvement??
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
TheMeat
n00b

Yes, exactly JS. I'd make sure to use dime or nickel for 100% of your passing situations but unless your nickleback is a far sight better than your worst base LB I wouldn't want to be in nickel when expecting the run. I build all my teams as nickel-based squads, I pay more for my nickleback than I do for my 3rd or 4th LB because if I'm expecting to be ahead then I know I'll be in nickel a fair bit and I want a nickleback I can be proud of. I'm quite happy with my recent aquisitions in my secondary, this offseason I moved from having decent starters in all spots to having above average guys all around. That is of course based on my expectation that CB Alonzo Kappe will continue to creep up and up, I think he's +10/+10 or better so far without seeing the field and I expect him to go up another 20 points.

On a sad note, WR Dwayne Givens is a total piece of shit (-20 ovr since his rookie pre-camp #'s) and he's making 10mil a year, glad he decided to end his holdout so I can bench him. I need better WRs if I'm going to win in the AFC North. Or maybe if I'm lucky all it's gonna take is a great line and a great QB then perhaps my sub-par WRs and old ass RB will make magic. Or maybe I'll go 4-12 again.

Last edited by TheMeat : 06-10-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
And ya, I decided to blow my wad on Whalen since he showed 65/70 pre-camp which is a sure sign of a creeper. His low Zone Def bar was an obvious lie and when right-clicked in the trade screen after i got him already showed 51.

I had his current zone rating pegged at right about 51 (despite the lying orange bars saying it was really low) without even signing him. *shurg*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
TheMeat
n00b

Everyone knows you're smarter than me QS, you don't gotta brag about it

Old 06-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I was convinced your QB was going to be a bust. When I was looking at him thru the trade info screen, he was showing all zeros for currents on most of his abilities. Good to know rookies will move from zero on their first training camp. Grats!

Well I'm not holding my breath on him yet. Those are might big green bars everywhere to fill in.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
chinaski
College Prospect

I got beat out on several key FA signings this sim, I could very much use a midweek sim *ahem* anyone else?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
Sef0r
n00b

Damn, I would hate to miss out on getting the pre-season and regular season completed before the weekend break where I guess the playoffs would be simmed Monday.

I guess if you are desperate and cannot field a valid team it has to be done.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
TheMeat
n00b

Well wouldn't the preseason sim be the time to get this done? I for one need a qb but I'll be signing one in this export, that's why we have the preseason, end holdouts n such so we can do our final workings for the season sim. I will also be getting my roster filled out during late free agency in the future, there's no reason to leave it till this stage.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:05 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Well wouldn't the preseason sim be the time to get this done? I for one need a qb but I'll be signing one in this export, that's why we have the preseason, end holdouts n such so we can do our final workings for the season sim. I will also be getting my roster filled out during late free agency in the future, there's no reason to leave it till this stage.

Agreed - why can't anyone short on players just sign them in pre-season?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
chinaski
College Prospect

Well, I wasnt being completely serious. Just kicking myself for getting beat out on the players I needed to meet my minimums. Now I have to gamble again on getting beat on the players I need to meet requirements, while letting the AI adjust my depth chart for preseason.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Well, I wasnt being completely serious. Just kicking myself for getting beat out on the players I needed to meet my minimums. Now I have to gamble again on getting beat on the players I need to meet requirements, while letting the AI adjust my depth chart for preseason.

Unless you're horribly off, this isn't true.

Fill your depth chart, leave an active roster spot open for what you need, and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #24
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Unless you're horribly off, this isn't true.

Fill your depth chart, leave an active roster spot open for what you need, and you'll be fine.

Thats the tough part, I cant do anything to my depth chart as I dont meet positional requirements for defense and offense. Luckily I signed the guys I needed and only walked away with the AI setting a depth chart I didnt want for preseason. I gotta make sure I have all my spots filled before FA2:3-5 next time, had some bad luck this go around
Old 06-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #25
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Thats the tough part, I cant do anything to my depth chart as I dont meet positional requirements for defense and offense. Luckily I signed the guys I needed and only walked away with the AI setting a depth chart I didnt want for preseason. I gotta make sure I have all my spots filled before FA2:3-5 next time, had some bad luck this go around

Remember you can go all the way out to 70 for roster size at that point. I usually target low level guys most won't go after in addition to guys I want to make sure I fill out my roster at least minimally.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

You mean you couldn't hit "recommend", right? If you were so low on players that you couldn't manually set your rosters, well... I don't think we should have some extra stage just for that...

But when you get that pop-up message it just means you can't hit "recommend". If you have enough players to fill the slots, (i.e. with your LDE as your RDE backup and vice versa) then it will let you and the AI will not muck with your depth chart.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #27
Tasan
College Starter

That WOOFWOOF export up there is mine. SNAFU fixed.