Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #51
miked
College Starter

Wow, the idiocy in this thread is clearly the reason why Shaun shouldn't post here. I'm fairly certain that he didn't come in here expecting everyone to call him God's gift to programming, or that Puresim was the best game ever created. More like he wanted to generate some buzz for an open beta where people can actually take part in shaping the game. What he got was some snarky posts from some lazy readers. I can see that he obviously overreacted to Doug (lighthousekeeper) but the post was a bit much. If you are too lazy to do a few minutes of looking around at the various Puresim sites and info, the game is probably not for you. If you can't even take the 10 minutes to run the demo, then why the fuck bother posting in the thread?

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #52
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
Last post Phillie, I promise

I just remembered I answered you directly, and politely in this thread and even said there that you had a fair question, so I am not sure why I got your wrath.

You are right, it doesn't matter that I have a wife and four kids. I only point that out to convey that my hiatuses between games were usually driven by other factors beyond me being over-emotional and mercurial (guilty on both in the past for sure as well.)

Hopefully we can make peace, I don't need a flame war, it might get me so upset that I retire again

Agreed, let's just let this thing die.

Now if you can make a graphical one-pitch game, ala "high heat", I'd be back on board
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #53
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Wow, the idiocy in this thread is clearly the reason why Shaun shouldn't post here. I'm fairly certain that he didn't come in here expecting everyone to call him God's gift to programming, or that Puresim was the best game ever created. More like he wanted to generate some buzz for an open beta where people can actually take part in shaping the game. What he got was some snarky posts from some lazy readers. I can see that he obviously overreacted to Doug (lighthousekeeper) but the post was a bit much. If you are too lazy to do a few minutes of looking around at the various Puresim sites and info, the game is probably not for you. If you can't even take the 10 minutes to run the demo, then why the fuck bother posting in the thread?

Um, because it's a message board?
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #54
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think a lot of developers love to post here and get imput for a few different reasons. Two of the major ones are to not get "fanboyish" responses and #2 there is a ton of posters in this forum which cant hurt business. You get a thumbs up from this forum and your business will take a big spike in sales.

Its really nothing to get bent out of shape about. I think a few people have over reacted in this thread.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-11-2010 at 09:27 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #55
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

writing a 1 minute post and spending 1 minute to read the reponse is still easier than the few hours needed to really investigate a game as complex as a text sim: (1) download and installing the demo (2) playing through a few seasons (3) comparing statistical output to real life conditions (4) tweaking configuration settings based on #3 (5) repeating steps 2-3 . (6) deciding this is a better option than ootp.
(it's still even easier when you add on the additional flame-post reading and writing.) text sims are more than just simple pick-up-and-go games. they are something that developers invest a huge amount of time in and as players we invest an even larger amount of time and our spirits in. before i begin that journey, i want to know that going down that path is even worth the effort.

i'm sorry if other don't feel that way. i'm even more sorry if others get bummed out by that. i don't mean it as disrespect to anyone and it shouldn't be taken that way.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #56
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
writing a 1 minute post and spending 1 minute to read the reponse is still easier than the few hours needed to really investigate a game as complex as a text sim: (1) download and installing the demo (2) playing through a few seasons (3) comparing statistical output to real life conditions (4) tweaking configuration settings based on #3 (5) repeating steps 2-3 . (6) deciding this is a better option than ootp.
(it's still even easier when you add on the additional flame-post reading and writing.) text sims are more than just simple pick-up-and-go games. they are something that developers invest a huge amount of time in and as players we invest an even larger amount of time and our spirits in. before i begin that journey, i want to know that going down that path is even worth the effort.

i'm sorry if other don't feel that way. i'm even more sorry if others get bummed out by that. i don't mean it as disrespect to anyone and it shouldn't be taken that way.

I agree with this completely and a big reason I come to this forum is to get input from this community as I know the answers will be honest. No sucking up to programmers in this forum.

And like you mentioned. A 6 month demo in game/3 day trial does not give you enough time so you need other peoples opinions.

I'm not saying Im disappointed in PS3 but I was a big agitated when I purchased it and it took so damn long to sim and when I got to 1955 players started hitting .954 with 316 home runs in a season. The problem is fixed now but these are things you wont see in a demo.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #57
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

dola, I didn't think it was unreasonable for me to have expected things to play out like this:

developer> hey i'm working on a new game called Game A and it's in open beta right now. please take a look

me> oh that game seems similar to the current market leader, Game B. How is your game better?

developer> I'm glad you asked. Game A provides this and this and this which people might favor over Game B. Please just try out the free demo.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #58
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Maybe I can add something here since my name was mentioned a few times...I won't speak for Shaun but I think we come from the same place here. These games take a tremendous amount of effort to produce. That effort is one thing when you wake up and go to work and do it 9-5 and walk home with a paycheck for each hour that you put in. But in both of our cases making these games is not a full time job - well it is except that it doesn't pay anywhere near enough to be one.

So why bother doing it? I don't know - I guess we're crazy but I think deep down guys like Shaun and myself really like the creative outlet of the games and the opportunity to make something that's going to give some enjoyment to you. So when we're all fired up about a project or new game we want to share that enthusiasm - we come to a place like this because we know it is where people who enjoy text sim games hang out and we're hoping for the same level of enthusiasm from you. Ben mentioned once to me about needing to be thicker skinned about what people said on the site but it's not like we don't want honest critiques of the games - we would love them because it means you're playing them

What is the toughest to deal with is apathy towards the games. It's like if you were in a band and got a gig at a club and then you went out to perform and there's like five people in the audience and three of them aren't even paying attention to the stage. I guess the reason that bums us out is because we don't have thousands of customers and the "luxury" of ignoring the people. We need every person we can get to try our games and we make every effort possible to connect with those people by doing things like coming here to post or answering PMs or emails.

What some of you guys overlook I think is that the small time developers like Shaun and myself - we feed off that enthusiasm and it drives us. When we see our games getting talked about or reviewed or can even get into the conversations about things that are liked or disliked - that fights the burnout from the extended hours and it fights the disappointment that only a few hundred copies have sold. When it seems like nobody cares about the game or even wants to try and care by trying a demo or whatever - that's when the "why even bother" type questions start coming up.

We're not looking for anyone to put up a statue of us - we're just trying to share a passion with you. For me, I'm happy when someone tries the demo of my game and gives it an honest chance. If you buy it that's icing on the cake because it meant you really, really liked it.

We don't have a beef with anyone here in this thread or otherwise - we're human and there's been many times over the course of our development careers where we've shown our human side and done something that would "not be a good business thing to say or do" because we're just a couple of guys trying to share a passion for sports and gaming. It's natural for us to get disappointed if our enthusiasm isn't met and shared but we move on and keep trying again anyways and are extremely thankful and grateful to all of the people who have supported us with their time and money over the years. Your support has certainly made it worthwhile to make these games and we hope for your continued support and hope to get some new people to try our games and share the experience with us as well.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #59
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I am sure I speak for the majority of the people on this board when I say that we like having you guys around. It is awesome that you take the time to share your new ideas with us.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #60
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Very good points Gary.

I think one of the things that lighthouse hinted at above is "Why Puresim instead of OOTP or Baseball Mogul?" now for me I will buy Puresim and OOTP just because I like to support the developers. I am also not saying that everyone needs to make the either or choice on Puresim, OOTP or Baseball Mogul but once again "Why Puresim?"

What about Puresim is different than the other games. What type of game player would like Puresim? You know the old FAB, features, advantages, benefits. Tell me about a feature of Puresim, what is the advantage of this feature and what is the benefit. I think sometimes the game developer types (sorry but I was not sure how to phrase that) do a great job at making the game and adding features but fall a bit short in the sales process. This is not a knock on you or Shaun, heck I have marvel at how the heck you guys have the patience to persevere through developing a game from the ground up. I love Puresim although I do not have near the time to play the game as I once did. I really enjoyed your College and Pro Basketball game although once again I just do not have the time to play them as much as I would like to.

Way more than I originally intended to post but there is my 2 cents.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #61
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
I think sometimes the game developer types (sorry but I was not sure how to phrase that) do a great job at making the game and adding features but fall a bit short in the sales process.

I think this is certainly a fair point and honestly one of the reasons we really rely on the community so much. When we suggest "try the demo" it's not because we don't want to tell you why the game is so great but we know that the best marketers of the games on this forum are you, not us. When a couple of guys really get into a game they talk it up like crazy here and then because a few other FOFCers are into it then a few more will try it. Pretty soon there's a 30 page thread on a game and you're on your way to a hit - on the flip side we can post a list of improvements to a game (as I did with DDSPB2 and past games) and some people will read it and even fewer will comment on it and the thread is off the radar in 48 hours.

I think its fair to say that if FOFC is "selling" the game then more people who visit the forum are likely to get behind it. We're also here for feedback and the open beta process is great for that. Its hard to say what exactly PS4 does in total because the game is going to be a work in process - if there is something you wish it would do differently than OOTP here's a chance to make that happen as opposed to waiting until after a game is released to find out its not something you're into. You have the opportunity to shape it to be the game you want it to be. Who knows where the development of the game will lead in the next couple months - I know Shaun has his own ideas he's working on for now but there is no way he or anyone else could do the depth of a game like that justice in a few sentences or any way to know what the finished product will have...until its finished

It's much easier to be able to answer the question of "does PS do X differently/better than OOTP" - Shaun can say yes or no or hey its open beta now and I can make that change so that it will be better/different. Trust us, we're not here for the trout - we're here to make our games appealing to what this community likes and we do that because we care about this community of gamers. If you care about having more gaming options that you like then we want you to try a demo and let us know what you like and don't like and how we can make it into what you like but we can't just make something "better/different" than OOTP if we don't know what it is you think isn't good enough about PS. The same holds true for any of our games - we're asking for your support. If you show your support by trying and purchasing the games we're going to be there to continue to give you great games and be there to try and improve the games in areas you feel could use help. We want to work with this community - that's why we come here.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #62
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

You are correct Gary the forums can be great sales tools. Talk about testimonials.

The demos are a definitely a great way to see first hand how the game works and I typically try the demo out first. I also think someone like Izulde firing up a dynasty (DDPB2) can help to generate additional interest. I think the difference with your games and Puresim is that the competition is much tougher in the baseball game market. OOTP has a pretty solid head start on everyone else. The issue I have with OOTP is that with my limited amount of time I have it takes a lot more work to sit down and fire the game up and get started. With DDPB2 there really is not a whole lot of competition for you so you really do not have to differentiate what is different with your game or why game players should choose DDPB2.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #63
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I just now realized that this is a joke, and it's not really on PS3.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #64
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Hopefully we can make peace, I don't need a flame war, it might get me so upset that I retire again

Just don't stop posting here Shaun.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #65
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, I didn't think it was unreasonable for me to have expected things to play out like this:

developer> hey i'm working on a new game called Game A and it's in open beta right now. please take a look

me> oh that game seems similar to the current market leader, Game B. How is your game better?

developer> I'm glad you asked. Game A provides this and this and this which people might favor over Game B. Please just try out the free demo.

Agreed I feel just saying "CHECK OUT THE DEMO" is a cop out. Some of us don't want to check out the demo we want the developer to explain the benefits and features to us without us having to go searching for them. I've bought just about every one of Shaun's games, but honestly I've probably put less than a total of 10 hours TOTAL into all of them together. Marketing your game isn't tell us to check out the demo...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #66
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Agreed I feel just saying "CHECK OUT THE DEMO" is a cop out. Some of us don't want to check out the demo we want the developer to explain the benefits and features to us without us having to go searching for them. I've bought just about every one of Shaun's games, but honestly I've probably put less than a total of 10 hours TOTAL into all of them together. Marketing your game isn't tell us to check out the demo...

Yep. You're dealing with people who are actually gullible enough to believe it might be on PS3. I'm interested in buying a baseball game, and have the same deal as dan but with ootp -- bought a couple versions, probably played no more than 5 hours. If you're not willing to answer a simple "what's different about your game" in a handy fashion, you might as well just be saying "this is a game, buy it"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #67
Philliesfan980
Banned

For me, and I might be in the minority about this, is I'm just having trouble getting into text sims these days. I think consoles have made great strides recently on improving the realism on the graphical games, that the career modes in these games is not really that far of a gap as it once was.

I know I've said it a few times in this thread already, and if nobody feels this way, it's fine, but I'm looking for some more graphics with these games. More than a ballflight animation, but less than MLB the Show. I stare at spreadsheets and crunch numbers all day at work, and I do love the statistical aspect of sports, but I'm getting to the point where I need a little more to get me immersed. I want to SEE the guy go for the dunk, or block the shot. It can be a simple pre-loaded animation which only has 5-6 variations, but I need something more to make me want to fire it up after a long day in the office.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 11-11-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #68
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I understand what Philliesfan is saying will agree an added level of immersion is almost a must for many these days. As games progress the consumer wants more. For example Gary's new game has added more depth in the player personalities which helps you feel like your players are more than a bunch of numbers.

As for the graphics I am not sure how much more we are going to get from the small independent developers.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #69
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
I understand what Philliesfan is saying will agree an added level of immersion is almost a must for many these days. As games progress the consumer wants more. For example Gary's new game has added more depth in the player personalities which helps you feel like your players are more than a bunch of numbers.

As for the graphics I am not sure how much more we are going to get from the small independent developers.

Yeah, to be honest, I really have no idea with today's programming languages it would be to create a "high heat" like game. I think the key with that kind of game is let the game be very moddable from a community perspective. Allow the Lehman database to be used, uniform editors, stadium editors, etc.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #70
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah having the addons like unis stadiums etc modable is definitely a good idea and I think that there are a lot of graphics item like logos and stadiums that have mod support already. I think Padres Fan's site has logos, pics and stadiums already.

Philly have you tried out Gary's basketball games out and does the players numbers moving around the court work for you?

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 11-11-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #71
Philliesfan980
Banned

Yeah, while the stuff in Gary's game is nice, I still would like to see some 3D stuff.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #72
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I would love to do 3D game display but there's a reason it takes an entire studio full of people to create those games. I wouldn't even know where to start and can only imagine the massive workload that would be involved in making it happen.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #73
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Come on Gary how about video of you dunking the ball? ...lol
Old 11-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #74
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I would love to do 3D game display but there's a reason it takes an entire studio full of people to create those games. I wouldn't even know where to start and can only imagine the massive workload that would be involved in making it happen.

I wish the people who do 3d for the FM series could produce a low-cost API for indy text sim developers. If they could provide an engine w/APIs for around $500-$1000, I would jump on it. But that is probably absurdly low.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #75
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Interesting conversations. I think there might be some merit to the idea of "pay to play" access to a developer's time and so forth. I never really thought about it like that, because most open betas have been about a game you're going to get anyway and then having someone make it and maybe you make improvements over whatever you're going to do.

But maybe that was the wrong way to look at it. In that sense, it's an interesting idea to believe you'd be able to influence the direction of things with your purchase.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #76
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Okay as the guy who made the suggestion to try the demo. I said it for a few reasons. First I've always believed that you should test drive before you buy, I understand people want short cuts and have time constraints or whatever but I think with software and especially Pure Sim 3(Thats PS3 ) it has a bunch of options that Shaun can list and explain but until you really try it for yourself it may not help.
Second as lighhousekeeper said
Quote:
How can a developer honestly answer a complex question like that with only a few words, it seems to me that "you" will want more info. when you could just test drive yourself. Its okay to take the time to try it, maybe thats a part of our instant gratification world?
No disrespect or flaming was meant by my original post, everyone has there own method to try a game and I've seen plenty of these "why should I buy" threads here and elsewhere. I guess I'm more of a hands-on person.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #77
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:
I wish the people who do 3d for the FM series could produce a low-cost API for indy text sim developers. If they could provide an engine w/APIs for around $500-$1000, I would jump on it. But that is probably absurdly low.

That would be absolutely incredible.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #78
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Here's an analogy.

You go to a out to eat, considering a place, and the place is a mom and pop deal. The guy that owns it is the chef. He does all the cooking himself, and he has 1 person part time to help server people.

So, you walk in and he has prepared information to show you what is available (menu, descriptions, pictures, etc.)

In addition, he will let you sample a huge portion of anything off the menu for free, no strings, and the max this meal would cost would be $19.99 - $24.99 range....

Would you respond with, "I don't really have time to try it, but me and each potential customer that come in really deserve to have the chef come out and describe to us what incentive we have to eat here over the place down the street. I can't believe he isn't coming out here doing that!"
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #79
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:
Come on Gary how about video of you dunking the ball? ...lol

Gary's short.....He'd need a ladder......
Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #80
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's an analogy.

You go to a out to eat, considering a place, and the place is a mom and pop deal. The guy that owns it is the chef. He does all the cooking himself, and he has 1 person part time to help server people.

So, you walk in and he has prepared information to show you what is available (menu, descriptions, pictures, etc.)

In addition, he will let you sample a huge portion of anything off the menu for free, no strings, and the max this meal would cost would be $19.99 - $24.99 range....

Would you respond with, "I don't really have time to try it, but me and each potential customer that come in really deserve to have the chef come out and describe to us what incentive we have to eat here over the place down the street. I can't believe he isn't coming out here doing that!"
Typically there is a waitress I can ask questions to and she will give me suggestions and descriptions of what I can expect with the food though Shaun! Plus the food items typically have descriptions.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #81
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Typically there is a waitress I can ask questions to and she will give me suggestions and descriptions of what I can expect with the food though Shaun! Plus the food items typically have descriptions.

Here, let me try:

"PureSim is delicious, my personal favorite, not too filling, not too lite. You'll love it. But, don't take my word for it, why not try it for yourself, free. If it doesn't suit you, you can always leave and not spend a dime!"

Last edited by Shaun Sullivan : 11-11-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #82
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Very nice guys.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #83
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Here, let me try:

"PureSim is delicious, my personal favorite, not too filling, not too lite. You'll love it. But, don't take my word for it, why not try it for yourself, free. If it doesn't suit you, you can always leave and not spend a dime!"

Yes, but why would I like it over OOTP? I'm a big fan of OOTP and have invested a number of meals to OOTP, they offer a similar option to try it free. Before I invest my time to order and taste the product can you give me some key points of what makes yours better?

I hope you know I'm mainly just joking around with you Shaun, but honestly I bought PS2 and played it for about 1 hour, and never even installed PS3 after I go it free with the PS2 purchase. I love how receptive to suggestions for the product, and I just like the conversations I see you involved with. But part of being the major player in the product is selling it to all of your market, not just the ones that want to take the car for a test drive.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #84
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but why would I like it over OOTP? I'm a big fan of OOTP and have invested a number of meals to OOTP, they offer a similar option to try it free. Before I invest my time to order and taste the product can you give me some key points of what makes yours better?

I hope you know I'm mainly just joking around with you Shaun, but honestly I bought PS2 and played it for about 1 hour, and never even installed PS3 after I go it free with the PS2 purchase. I love how receptive to suggestions for the product, and I just like the conversations I see you involved with. But part of being the major player in the product is selling it to all of your market, not just the ones that want to take the car for a test drive.

It doesnt have the players sucking after age 30 bug that OOTP has Dan. It also doesnt have the player getting hurt for 6 months in his prime and sucking so bad hes out of the league within 2 years bug either
Old 11-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #85
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:

Here lies the dichotomy. Markus and I have a very healthy respect for one another, we both are the direct creators of our respective games. If we were massive conglomerates, it would be easy to hide behind employees that patrolled forums, and pointed out weaknesses in the competition's game.

But, we aren't... So, if I respond directly comparing PS to OOTP and why PS is so much better than OOTP, it just feels a little too weird. We both have taken a few shots in the past, and I won't speak for Markus, but when I did, it didn't feel right. Then it leads to an even worse flame war, etc.

So the only way to do it is release the demos, and that is what we do. Markus and OOTP (and Clay with Mogul) have proven that this is a viable market, I just need to keep plugging.

I have been pretty verbose for a guy that was never going to post again
Old 11-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #86
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
It doesnt have the players sucking after age 30 bug that OOTP has Dan. It also doesnt have the player getting hurt for 6 months in his prime and sucking so bad hes out of the league within 2 years bug either

Yeah but is there multiplayer? I swear if there was multiplayer and a way to convert a OOTP league to PS the RWBL would consider it, just for the fact that you stated about why OOTP grates me sometimes!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #87
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Here lies the dichotomy. Markus and I have a very healthy respect for one another, we both are the direct creators of our respective games. If we were massive conglomerates, it would be easy to hide behind employees that patrolled forums, and pointed out weaknesses in the competition's game.

But, we aren't... So, if I respond directly comparing PS to OOTP and why PS is so much better than OOTP, it just feels a little too weird. We both have taken a few shots in the past, and I won't speak for Markus, but when I did, it didn't feel right. Then it leads to an even worse flame war, etc.

So the only way to do it is release the demos, and that is what we do. Markus and OOTP (and Clay with Mogul) have proven that this is a viable market, I just need to keep plugging.

I have been pretty verbose for a guy that was never going to post again

The last thing I want you to do is slam the other product.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #88
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah but is there multiplayer? I swear if there was multiplayer and a way to convert a OOTP league to PS the RWBL would consider it, just for the fact that you stated about why OOTP grates me sometimes!

As far as I know it doesnt. I've sort of gone sour on OOTP. Our RWBL seems like a 30 and under league. The Real World has gone out of it. Now we turned down injuries to cover up for the above mentioned bug so the league is overly stacked with talent at all times.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-11-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #89
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Shaun I really don't think that we are asking you to bash OOTP or Markus. I think that would not be taken well by most of the community. I think some would truly like to know what is different between the two games. Why would someone want to pickup PS, who is your target buyer? Other than someone with a credit card ready to buy.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #90
RedKingGold
College Starter

Game developers are such drama queens.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #91
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Game developers are such drama queens.

I can totally see your point, but I swear, you need to walk a mile in my shoes
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #92
johneh
Mascot

For what I have seen over the years Shaun is one of the most hardworking guys in the text sim field. He is also one of (if not the) most responsive author's to his customers.

Yes, he has retires as much as Farve but he keeps coming back. It would be easy for his to walk away from Puresim... OOTP has plenty of hardcore fans, Baseball Mogul has been sold in Wal-Mart & Best Buy. So I'm sure many times he thinks it is crazy to spend so much time working on a project that has not brought him enough financial gain to justify the amount of time he gives up with his family and all the lost sleep. But he keeps getting dragged in because he loves working on Puresim and wishes that it could be his full time job.

So.. maybe he is being a bit of a drama queen in the eyes of some but those who have been around know Shaun is a top notch developer.
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #93
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I can totally see your point, but I swear, you need to walk a mile in my shoes

Posts like this prove my point.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #94
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Posts like this prove my point.

Can't argue with you there.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #95
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

This thread has exceeded my expectations.