Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

FM 2011 Demo Out Thursday/Friday

They announced today that the game will be available Thursday via Steam, and Friday via torrent/direct download.

Exclusive Football Manager 2011 blog with Miles Jacobson day 14: How to get your FREE demo of the world's greatest soccer simulation video game with MirrorFootball.co.uk - Football Manager 2011 - MirrorFootball.co.uk

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Woo!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Woo!!

people are at work, use you indoor Woo !!

Will look into the demo but i think i will keep clear of the game this time until January. Not enough time to really get into it and will be nice to have a game fully patched for once, when i buy it.
Not that i´m not exited for the new changes, just no time for it right now.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Icy
Pro Starter

I hate the demo, it's like a two weeks torture until the final game is released. I know you can continue demo games in the final version, but the demo includes quickstarts with just a few leagues loaded from a single country, and i like games with long databases and all the major countries loaded.

On the other hand, i don't feel like playing FM10 anymore knowing that the new version will be out in three weeks from now, unless i keep playing FM10 until the first FM11 patch is released, but I have the full game already preordered in steam so it will be hard to resist playing it once is out.

I guess the best use of the demo is to try to find bugs as a betatester instead of playing it, so those bugs can be fixed in the first patch.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I hate the demo, it's like a two weeks torture until the final game is released. I know you can continue demo games in the final version, but the demo includes quickstarts with just a few leagues loaded from a single country, and i like games with long databases and all the major countries loaded.

On the other hand, i don't feel like playing FM10 anymore knowing that the new version will be out in three weeks from now, unless i keep playing FM10 until the first FM11 patch is released, but I have the full game already preordered in steam so it will be hard to resist playing it once is out.

I guess the best use of the demo is to try to find bugs as a betatester instead of playing it, so those bugs can be fixed in the first patch.

Hehe I agree. Love/hate relationship with the demo here as well. I always use it to try out the new features and get really comfortable with them.

That said - I just took almost a 2-month break from FM10, but picked it back up this weekend to try to see if I can succeed in keeping my San Marino team up in Serie A. Actually - as attached as I am to them, I will prolly keep FM10 installed so that I can revisit them from time-to-time.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I love the all-caps in FREE. Hmm, I wasn't thinking of getting this demo, but it's FREE, so maybe I should!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I love the all-caps in FREE. Hmm, I wasn't thinking of getting this demo, but it's FREE, so maybe I should!

Well I guess the idea is that it's not distributed with a magazine/newspaper.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Was it before?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Was it before?

I dunno - maybe that's the common way of doing it in other markets where broadband internet access isn't as normal?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Slackers.

Demo is available now via Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901580/

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-20-2010 at 06:32 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

YESSS

I can play before I have to go to Philly for the day tomorrow!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
Groundhog
Coordinator

Can we please not talk about this game. Seriously. I have so little free time and money as it is.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Time to kickstart my Man City dynasty! Not that I'll actually transfer a career from the demo, but there's plenty I can do in the meantime. Everybody is going to love!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice, download speed is awesome now too as there are not a lot of leechers at least in the Spanish mirror (it's 1:30am here).

I'm getting 4.1MB/s with my brand new 50MB cable connection, what better to test it?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Time to kickstart my Man City dynasty! Not that I'll actually transfer a career from the demo, but there's plenty I can do in the meantime. Everybody is going to love!

Exactly. Time to learn about the new things in the game and evaluate players and such.

T-minus 4 minutes or so till i'm actually playing over here...1 min left on my DL
Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh fuck me. DL'ed!!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Launching....
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Icy! Thank you for playing! I just saw a little notification that you signed on playing FM11 Demo and I nearly fell out of my seat.

Downloading now!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fucking directx....grrr
Old 10-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #20
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

IN GAME!!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-20-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

playing playing playing...
Old 10-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #22
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

This is how I imagine DT when a game comes out.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #23
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

First question at the new press conference is about the manager i'm replacing and how that feels.

cool.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is how I imagine DT when a game comes out.

not ANY game
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the new player models in-match look sweet
Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #26
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Grrrr....Aquilani...why are you missing a sitter!!!! GRRRR
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

must DL NOW!!!!!!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #28
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I like the new camera angles on the replays. The overhead angle was pretty sweet.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #29
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I dream of the day FM is easier to edit than it is. It's seriously always my dealbreaker when for instance last year I play, the new db won't allow my old league to be used once I lost my old one...and I have to start over again to recreate the entire thing. I can only muster that sort of energy once in a blue moon.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #30
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Man City is my team as well. I'm having a tough go at it right now, even against the reserve squad. Looks like it could take a bit of time for the new guys to gel.

Edit: And as I posted, Silva kicks one in for the first goal. Woot!

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 10-20-2010 at 07:49 PM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #31
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Transfers are tough with the agents included now it seems. More variables and more difficult.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #32
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I really like the enhanced player interaction.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #33
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I just had the following conversation:

(Inter Milan, my first game being with a "big team") to try things out)

HSV come in for a 19 year old (Joel Chukwuma Obi), only worth 725K. When asked to comment, my asstmanager says the player has no future with the club, and that I should be willing to look at any offers for him.. I say so..

The next day, the player comes to me for a private chat:

Him: "I really don't want to leave the club and I'm not happy at being forced out..."

I try to smooth over hard feelings:

ME:I hope you will be professional and carry on doing your job.

Him: Are you TRYING to make things worse?

((Bwuh? That answer ticked me off a bit, it certainly sounds to me like he's on the verge of throwing his toys out of the pram to make me reconsider selling him... yeah, that tactic ain't gonna work))

ME: I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm in charge of the club and I make the decisions around here.

((yeah, a bit harsh, but still.. kid, you're not good enough here, and you'll have more of a chance to play at HSV...)

Him: I was hoping you might show me a little more respect.

((Ok. Red flag here. I was rather respectful with him in my first two interactions. this ain't baseball, you don't get three swings here... time for a bit of the hairdryer treatment... Too bad there's no Fergie shoe option))

ME: I'm amazed by your un-professionalism. Your terrible attitude is displaying a lack of respect to both me and the club.

Him: There's no way I'm backing down here. I honestly don't think I can work with you any more after the way you've treated me. I think I should leave now before I say something I'll regret.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #34
Groundhog
Coordinator

ME: Go jump in a fire.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #35
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

the conversation was over at that point, sadly. *laughs* but he actually went to Aston Villa the next week.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #36
PraetorianX
High School JV

Yeah, I like the player interaction.

I dropped a few players down to the reserves for the intra-squad friendly, something I always did on FM10 as well.

Keane, Crouch, Huddlestone and Kaboul all come to me to complain.

I tell them it won't happen again.

Keane and Crouch are all okay with that.

Kaboul doesn't like it, but the next reply I get him to calm down.

Huddlestone threw his toys out of the pram.

Also, while trying to sign Edin Dzeko I got the option to negotiate with my board to try and get him signed. Levy of course wouldn't budge (very accurate) but still I like that feature.

One thing I DO NOT like...

In previous version I watch the match split screen with player ratings (and condition) on the left and match stats on the right. When some action comes up I go to the classic view 3D and watch, then back to my split screen.

Worked like a charm in the last few FM's.

This one though it won't allow that. It keeps trying to force me to watch the action in the left panel and if I try to tell it that I want to watch highlights in classic view, it won't let me use split screen.

Annoying, very annoying.

I like having the Player Ratings up to A.) see how they're doing in that way and B.) and more importantly, check on their condition.

I like to have stats up to keep track of how things are going, especially to see if they're going for too many long shots and such.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #37
TroyF
Coordinator

I love the agents feature, though a minor quibble is the comments about the agents are all the same. Even if he has patience of 18, the game will say he has none. I know that's just cosmetic, but it's a little annoying and I hope it's fixed in the full version.

Love the overhead angles on replays. Had a goal last night where Fabregas hits the post, Walcott hits a sitter off the same post, then it comes back to Fabregas and he puts it home. Very cool to see on the overhead replay.

Still getting used to the way news is handled. Not sure if I like it or not yet.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #38
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice goal by Roonie uploaded to youtube (remember it's a new feature, you can upload your goals directly to youtube). You can see a lot of more golas in the related section at the right side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGVVG_MpyWs

I'm not that surprised about the new 3D engine as we have been playing with it in FML for a week already. It's nice that i can use my FML tactics in FM11 now too as they have the same updated engine.

Last edited by Icy : 10-21-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #39
Anguscl
n00b

The uploading of videos is kinda a cool feature. Though the HD versions don't look that much different.

Here is Defoe chipping the GK from a bit out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szVghrcfObg

Last edited by Anguscl : 10-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Anguscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #40
Comey
College Starter

I can't download it on Steam right now. Bah.

EDIT: Now I can. Giddyup.

Last edited by Comey : 10-21-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #41
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alright. been gone on a business trip all day. really just wanted to dig into this!! wish i could take tomorrow off to play, but too much to do.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Love the offside line!

Woohoo

Damn! And the overhead cam on the goal replay!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Where are the player heat maps?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #44
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wonder if they've fixed the bug that made all of my players perform far below their ability?

Last edited by Groundhog : 10-21-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:26 AM   #45
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Where are the player heat maps?

In the match screen, go to the Analysis tab and select "Average positions" from the "Event" menu. This will show both the average positions and the heat maps.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
In the match screen, go to the Analysis tab and select "Average positions" from the "Event" menu. This will show both the average positions and the heat maps.

Cool - thanks.

I was looking for them in there last night, but I had been up for 20 hours at that point and was on the verge of crashing on the couch (which I ended up doing) so no surprise I missed it.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #47
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Don't like the fact that this match went to PK's, but like the new overlay for PK's
Old 10-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Random buggy thing with PK's though - the linesman on the endline is like...endlessly walking into it and going nowhere.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #49
Icy
Pro Starter

Steam users can start to pre-load the game now so they just need to activate it on release day, downloading it now at 2.8Mbps wooot, i love my new 50Mb connection!

Just guessing but maybe it will be out a day early due to the pirated copies already around? Hope so, as i would hate to see sales going down because people can't wait a couple of extra days and go for the pirated version to get it early.

Last edited by Icy : 11-02-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

doubt it. SI are hardline about release dates.