Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Preloading is definitely the way to go.

2 GB file, took me roughly 4 1/2 minutes to download. Averaged about 32Mbps connection for the download from steam. very nice throughput from the steam servers!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Pre-loading now!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #53
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

84% complete!!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #54
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fuck yeah. fuckin done!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #55
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

thanks for keeping us updated about that ...
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #56
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
thanks for keeping us updated about that ...

No prob bob!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #57
Flasch186
Coordinator

have to be able to justify the upgrade. This is not in the budget!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #58
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
have to be able to justify the upgrade. This is not in the budget!

This will be the first year I wait a bit since 2008. With 2010 and the advent of the tactics creator I am fine playing that a while longer. Probably keep an eye on Steam for a Christmas sale.

Or course I'll be staying out of the "All right boyz" thread to avoid any impulse purchase.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You lie. You'll be reading
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #60
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm already thinking about who I want to buy during the initial transfer window when I start my first game.

Go with some young talents like Neymar, Ganso, and Jack Rodwell who might just be squad players the first season but could be excellent players in a few years? Or get one more expensive player who is ready to be a starter immediately (attacking midfielder or left winger most likely)? Don't buy anyone for the first team squad, spend some money on U-18 players and save the rest for the summer of 2011? Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-03-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I'm already thinking about who I want to buy during the initial transfer window when I start my first game.

Go with some young talents like Neymar, Ganso, and Jack Rodwell who might just be squad players the first season but could be excellent players in a few years? Or get one more expensive player who is ready to be a starter immediately (attacking midfielder or left winger most likely)? Don't buy anyone for the first team squad, spend some money on U-18 players and save the rest for the summer of 2011? Decisions, decisions...

You won't be able to get Neymar. They were asking $30m for him when I went to check on him in the demo.

I've got my eyes on a couple people that I picked up in the demo to bolster my Juve squad (one of whom has actually been linked with the team IRL).
Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

I am having so much fun and success with my Arsenal game in the demo, that I will likely just continue it in the full release. 4 wins in 4 games so far in the ECC, and 6 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses in 9 games in Premier. Haven't sold off any players and spent $44m on incoming transfers, but almost all young players for the future. The only player that I have brought in that has seen any playing time is Roque Santa Cruz whom Man City basically gave away for 3.9mil (he's only seen 3 games for me as a fill in for injuries thus far).

Almunia of all people has been playing unconsciously for me. He won back to back Premier player of the month awards for August and September and has conceded only 10 goals in 15 competitive games thus far (including a League Cup match vs Liverpool that we also won).

I'm not sure if FM2011 is just far easier than 2010, but so far my tactics really seem to be clicking.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am having so much fun and success with my Arsenal game in the demo, that I will likely just continue it in the full release. 4 wins in 4 games so far in the ECC, and 6 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses in 9 games in Premier. Haven't sold off any players and spent $44m on incoming transfers, but almost all young players for the future. The only player that I have brought in that has seen any playing time is Roque Santa Cruz whom Man City basically gave away for 3.9mil (he's only seen 3 games for me as a fill in for injuries thus far).

Almunia of all people has been playing unconsciously for me. He won back to back Premier player of the month awards for August and September and has conceded only 10 goals in 15 competitive games thus far (including a League Cup match vs Liverpool that we also won).

I'm not sure if FM2011 is just far easier than 2010, but so far my tactics really seem to be clicking.

I'm guessing it's not that much easier...I actually seem to be having issues with my Juventus side (at least with the default formation and modified instructions).

So kudos to you!!

Only issue with continuing your current savegame is that the universe will be smaller - fewer available teams to move to/players to buy.

But if you're at the top level of football I suppose that's not as much of an issue, cuz you'll still get the top-level players.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-03-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #64
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You won't be able to get Neymar. They were asking $30m for him when I went to check on him in the demo.

I've got my eyes on a couple people that I picked up in the demo to bolster my Juve squad (one of whom has actually been linked with the team IRL).

Santos were willing to sell for around $25m when I played the demo. I can afford that (and the $20m for Ganso) playing as Man Utd if I give myself an international reputation when asked to enter my name, sell a squad player or two (like Ji-Sung Park), and put some of my surplus wage budget into the transfer budget. But like I said, I might wind up going after a player or two already in their prime, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

I just mess around in the demos. For serious games I like having leagues in 10+ countries and more than one division in some of those. Plus the large database, all American players loaded, all international players loaded so even the worst national teams have some real players, etc.

Although most of the game files are locked after the Steam pre-load, I can open the editor and look around. I would be tempted to start making a new American league but there is going to be some kind of DB update when the game comes out, although it is minor (just fixing the Liverpool owners iirc?) I'll just wait for that.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Oh well yeah, if you can afford it, then yeah (25...30...whatever. same difference). I couldn't - although I found a great Brazillian kid in Russia I've got my eyes on in the full game...although I'll need to get some $$ to get them - particularly because as Juve I need to strengthen other areas first (fullbacks, L + R, midfield depth)
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #66
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Compared to FM10, my scouts found a lot more 3.5+ star guys (not always easy to find when managing a club with a high reputation) in the first few months of playing the demo (even with the small DB in the demo), that is part of the season I am tempted to just buy U-18s and keep the first team squad as is for the first season.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-03-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #67
Icy
Pro Starter

Game unlocked by Steam, you can play already!!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote