Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
General Mike
Pro Starter

Just saw this Troy. Sorry for your loss. 7 Months later and I still expect to turn around and see Blizzard while I'm at the computer, or lying in the dining room when I come home.

General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #52
JS19
College Prospect

Well, I'll add myself to the list of those who have lost a pet, as Molly, my parents black lab passed away today. Like Troy said earlier, it's crazy how attached you get to these animals. She had her struggles for the past yr, but was extremely resilient seemed to recover extremely well. I've been spending the past few days at my parents house, and noticed yesterday morning she seemed a bit lethargic and her breathing was a bit off. I left for the day and when I returned my mother said she took her to the vet and they will run some tests. I'm not gonna lie, based on her age and her recent problems, as well as how she looked that morning, I had a feeling this way gonna be the end. Unfortunately, and this is what is actually hitting me harder than I thought it would, she passed away at the vet office not long after they called for us to come down. I suppose I took it for granted that I would have time to see her one last time before they put her to sleep. Apparently she had a very large tumor between her lungs, and the vet said she fell asleep and that was it. Anyhoot, just wanted somewhere to vent. The more time you have to think about it, the more it makes you wish you would have done this or that, truly amazing how loved a pet can be.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #53
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

JS19, sorry to hear of your loss. Take comfort in the fact you and your family gave her a good life.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sad news JS19.. we have a black lab who was left behind when a neighbor lost their house (along with a chocolate lab) he is very old and we know it's only a matter of time.

They are family... and I know it's going to be hard to see him go.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry to hear J23, way to many of these lately.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #56
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Looks like I'm sadly about to join this group - our german shepherd has been sick for a little while now and looks like she's probably going to have to be put down tonight. The hard part is that she is not an old dog and the vet can't seem to figure out why or how she got so sick all of a sudden but I think she's at the end. I feel bad we couldn't do anything for her to help her get better and I'm just worried about how the kids are going to react. I think its going to be hard on the oldest two since they are 6 and 4. Going to be a rough night I think.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Noooo.

Give her a great last meal and plenty of loving from the kids. Even as small as they are, if they don't appreciate it now it'll be much better in the future than trying to shield them from it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #58
BYU 14
Coordinator

Geez, way too many of these lately Gary and JS, so sorry for your losses. Pets are such a big part of family and saying goodbye is devastating. Wish you both the best.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #59
TroyF
Coordinator

Too much death

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. I went home from Oklahoma in 2001 to spend more time with him. We had been told on 8 or 9 different occasions he wouldn't make it through the night during those 9 years. Today the call came at about 1 PM and he was gone by 1:30.

Animals and people. Read another thread on cancer, another one about the storm chaser who died earlier in the year with suicide. I'm kind of sick of death right now. Sigh. . .
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Too much death

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. I went home from Oklahoma in 2001 to spend more time with him. We had been told on 8 or 9 different occasions he wouldn't make it through the night during those 9 years. Today the call came at about 1 PM and he was gone by 1:30.

Animals and people. Read another thread on cancer, another one about the storm chaser who died earlier in the year with suicide. I'm kind of sick of death right now. Sigh. . .

So sorry for your loss Troy, condolences to you and yours. Wishing you all the best.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Aaargh. Jeez. Sorry Troy. My condolences.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, you said it, Troy. We're going through a bad stretch.

Sorry about your loss, and my thoughts to you and your family.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote