Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #251
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sure I am way late to the game. But just realized NBC streams the game live over the internet. And even better gives you the option to change which camera angle your feed comes from at anytime(even picture in picture with 2 feeds).

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #252
QuikSand
lolzcat

Agonizing stretch today. I'm in a modest "winner per week" pool, which is already down to 3 people, looking to divvy up over $800. My pick (STL) won already, and had the Bills held on for either a win or tie against the Chiefs, I would have locked it all up right there. Ugh.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #253
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Ike showing off his swagger.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #254
molson
General Manager

I would love to see TJ take the Vikings on a little run now.

That was a sick injury to Favre. It's not often you see a guy carted off the field on his side, almost in a fetal position, with a trainer type looking like he's holding his face in place.

Hard to believe the Pats are all alone with the best record in the NFL. That haven't really played like it, and they're definitely not the best team. But that's a nice cushion for an AFC playoff spot if nothing else.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #255
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Hard to believe the Pats are all alone with the best record in the NFL. That haven't really played like it, and they're definitely not the best team. But that's a nice cushion for an AFC playoff spot if nothing else.

Word for word what the average perception of them during their first 2 bowl runs was. It really is like a flashback. Defense doesn't look good at all. But somehow keeps them out of the end zone(after they drive inside the 10), occasional turnover and real good at stuffing the 3rd/4th and shorts. Generally all of those happen after the other team drove the length of the field. Deja vu. McCourty is even beginning to look like a smaller Law.

Need more consistency out of offense though.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #256
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
LOL, full Moss transcript. Verbatim: Randy Moss - NFC North Blog - ESPN

I think this outpaces the post-Cincy lunacy.

Too bad the trade deadline has passed. I'd love to see a cancer let this get a shot a turning things around in a winning locker room like New England's.

Last edited by molson : 10-31-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Too bad the trade deadline has passed. I'd love to see a cancer let this get a shot a turning things around in a winning locker room like New England's.

i get that you're trying to be ironic, but he obviously did at least a couple things to force his way out of town
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #258
stevew
Hall Of Famer

McFadden with a sick sack of Brees.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #259
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i get that you're trying to be ironic, but he obviously did at least a couple things to force his way out of town

Absolutely. But I'd take him back and expect him be productive, if that was possible. I think without the Pats he does risk falling into irrelevance again. Is there a big money deal for him this off-season? If not, it sure sounds like he'd be happy to come back. Or maybe he's just realizing how much money he potentially lost by demanding a trade (and not getting an extension anywhere).

Last edited by molson : 10-31-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Absolutely. But I'd take him back and expect him be productive, if that was possible. I think without the Pats he does risk falling into irrelevancy again. Is there a big money deal for him this off-season? If not, it sure sounds like he'd be happy to come back.

I agree.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #261
Swaggs
Coordinator

The Saints defense came to play. Ben looks like a rookie tonight.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #262
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Unbelievably pisspoor play calling tonight. Arians is a fucking moron.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #263
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The Saints defense came to play. Ben looks like a rookie tonight.

yeah, he looks like Favre out there.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #264
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Holy shit, what an amazing play by Blount!

BREAK UP THE BUCS!!!!! 5-2!

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #265
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ouch!

What does that say when the coach says that he felt Rex Grossman gave his team the best chance to win at the end of the game.

Drama in DC?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #266
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Ouch!

What does that say when the coach says that he felt Rex Grossman gave his team the best chance to win at the end of the game.

Drama in DC?

Yeah, I'm bummed that I'm going to miss the Monday Morning QB show on the ride in tomorrow (taking the day off). Should be some good radio coming out of DC for the next couple weeks though.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #267
molson
General Manager

The NFC is ridiculous. I can totally see the Buccs, Seahawks or Rams getting to an NFC Championship game.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #268
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The NFC is ridiculous. I can totally see the Buccs, Seahawks or Rams getting to an NFC Championship game.

Perhaps but the NFC did beat two of the 3 best AFC teams today.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #269
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Unbelievably pisspoor play calling tonight. Arians is a fucking moron.

Yeah that was crazy. Maybe make an adjustment considering they were bringing the house every play? I couldn't believe they didn't have better hot reads.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #270
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The most surprising event of the day to me was the Jets getting shutout. The Packers just got done playing Monday night and that defense looked exhausted at one point in the fourth quarter on Monday night. Now less than 6 days later they handle one of the top 5 lines in the NFL.

At this point Id say would be my favs to get to the Super Bowl
NFC
1. New York Giants
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Philadelphia Eagles

AFC
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. New York Jets
5. Baltimore Ravens

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2010 at 12:23 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #271
Danny
Head Coach

The RAIDUHHS
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #272
Groundhog
Coordinator

The Raiders are averaging a scoreline of 46-8.5 over the past 2 games. There is no way in hell they aren't going undefeated for the rest of the season and winning the Super Bowl by at least 8 touchdowns.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 AM   #273
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #274
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Best thing about this play... dude put his head down and wasn't seeing what he was hitting. Dumbass. Hope this is one of the clips shown to the next generation of players.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #275
Passacaglia
Coordinator

ooh those black jerseys are fly though
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
The most surprising event of the day to me was the Jets getting shutout. The Packers just got done playing Monday night and that defense looked exhausted at one point in the fourth quarter on Monday night. Now less than 6 days later they handle one of the top 5 lines in the NFL.

At this point Id say would be my favs to get to the Super Bowl
NFC
1. New York Giants
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. Atlanta Falcons
5. Philadelphia Eagles

AFC
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. New England Patriots
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. New York Jets
5. Baltimore Ravens

Thanks for the JBergey kiss of death asshole.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #277
spleen1015
Coordinator

So....

Somehow, Jim Zorn is back as Redskins coach.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #278
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Sure, sure rub it in (okay it was a great run)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #279
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
So....

Somehow, Jim Zorn is back as Redskins coach.

Zornihan

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 11-01-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #280
bhlloy
Coordinator

I tuned into Sportscenter last night expecting to see McNabb with another 3 INT, 40% completion game. Instead his stats were pretty OK and if I'm correct, he moved the ball downfield pretty well on their last drive?

What the hell was Shanahan thinking... not just benching McNabb but putting the guy with possibly the worst decision making in the entire league in with the game on the line? What am I missing here?

Sending a message? If so that's a hell of a message to send. Apparently the message is "I'm crazy/stubborn enough to lose a game to the Lions if you guys don't do what I want". If this was one of the younger coaches in the league he might be out of a job in the morning.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #281
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I tuned into Sportscenter last night expecting to see McNabb with another 3 INT, 40% completion game. Instead his stats were pretty OK and if I'm correct, he moved the ball downfield pretty well on their last drive?

What the hell was Shanahan thinking... not just benching McNabb but putting the guy with possibly the worst decision making in the entire league in with the game on the line? What am I missing here?

Sending a message? If so that's a hell of a message to send. Apparently the message is "I'm crazy/stubborn enough to lose a game to the Lions if you guys don't do what I want". If this was one of the younger coaches in the league he might be out of a job in the morning.

Didn't matter who was in, the Lions DL just destroyed the Skins OL. Skins couldn't move the ball, but McNabb did throw a terrible INT when they were up by 5 with 4:45 left which lead to the game winning score.

That said, Kyle Shanahan called an awful game.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #282
molson
General Manager

I would say that maybe he thought Grossman would be better at avoiding sacks. But looking at the numbers, there's no reason to think that would be true.

He was probably just irrationally pissed at the prior INT. Coaching like a crazy fan there, "Get him out of there I don't care who's on the bench!!"

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #283
miami_fan
Coordinator

Shanahan seems to be all about sending messages this year.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #284
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Anyone who watched the SF game, how did Troy Smith look? When he came out of college, I was hoping that the Saints would draft him to back up Brees. He reminded me of Brees: "too short" to play QB, but did nothing but win despite that.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #285
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Shanahan seems to be all about sending messages this year.

As does Brett Favre (albeit a much different kind of message).
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #286
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Anyone who watched the SF game, how did Troy Smith look? When he came out of college, I was hoping that the Saints would draft him to back up Brees. He reminded me of Brees: "too short" to play QB, but did nothing but win despite that.

He didn't look good, he didn't look bad. He definitely wasn't any better than Alex. There was one specific play where he rolled out to his right, and half dove/lofted a prayer into double coverage 35 yards downfield to Delanie Walker. The pass was under-thrown by about 10 yards, but the DB's all made terrible plays on the ball, and Walker somehow came down with it. If that pass had been intercepted (which by all rights it should have been) then you'd probably be reading much, much worse reviews of his performance.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-01-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #287
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I work in a building with 700 employees and at least a couple hundred college students who come through to take classes. Every day, I see people wearing Steelers gear, regardless of the time of year. That's cool. I've got no problem with people supporting their team.

Today, however, I've been at work for nearly 4 hours and I haven't seen a single sign of the Steelers. Funny, when the Steelers played Baltimore to the wire and lost, the Steelers fans around here were still proud. They weren't happy, but they were proud. The team missed the playoffs last year, but nobody put their Steelers clothes away during the postseason. They were still proud and they got over it. Somehow, today, the pride seems to have vanished just because they got straight beaten last night. Why is there suddenly shame in losing on the road to the defending Super Bowl champions? I asked somebody around here and got bitched at ("Why do you have to rub it in???") Rub what in? My team gave up 59 points to the Raiders a week ago. I don't have room to rub anything in. I'm just asking.

I can't claim to speak for all Steelers fans, but the sense of entitlement amongst them is amusing. Nobody's above getting beaten. Yes, they should want a better performance out of their team, and they should expect a better performance out of their team, but deal with it. It's like the game suddenly becomes a forbidden topic as soon as the opponent goes into victory formation.

Maybe fans in other cities are like this, but I've never lived there to see it. At least the people I've encountered here seem to think that it's embarrassing to lose by 10 points. If losing by 10 in the Superdome in an embarrassment, I should just burn my Broncos stuff because almost everything they've done this year has been about a thousand times worse than that.

Boo hoo hoo.

OK, I'm done here. Time to figure out who dug up the corpse of Troy Smith and taught him how to play football again.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #288
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
It's like the game suddenly becomes a forbidden topic as soon as the opponent goes into victory formation.

The first rule of Steeler's Fan Club is you don't talk about losing games.

The second rule of Steeler's Fan Clue is you don't.talk.about.losing.games.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #289
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think Steelers fans begrudingly acknowledge divisional losses, as it's fairly hard to sweep them under the rug when the other team's fans provide constant reminders. The out-of-division losses are a different story, though.

Given that the Steelers officially finished 9-7 last year, but they lost outside the division to Chicago, Kansas City, and Oakland, I think Steelers fans really think their team finished 9-4 last year, and they only missed the playoffs because the NFL is afraid of Ray Lewis so Baltimore got in instead.

Yes, I will continue to make fun of Steelers fans as long as I live here. They make it too easy. I don't do this to Penguins fans even though I'm a fan of one of their divisional rivals. I don't do this to Pirates fans because I am a Pirates fan. For a Broncos fan from New Orleans to make fun of Steelers fans, though, it's clearly just shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #290
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I work in a building with 700 employees and at least a couple hundred college students who come through to take classes. Every day, I see people wearing Steelers gear, regardless of the time of year. That's cool. I've got no problem with people supporting their team.

Today, however, I've been at work for nearly 4 hours and I haven't seen a single sign of the Steelers. Funny, when the Steelers played Baltimore to the wire and lost, the Steelers fans around here were still proud. They weren't happy, but they were proud. The team missed the playoffs last year, but nobody put their Steelers clothes away during the postseason. They were still proud and they got over it. Somehow, today, the pride seems to have vanished just because they got straight beaten last night. Why is there suddenly shame in losing on the road to the defending Super Bowl champions? I asked somebody around here and got bitched at ("Why do you have to rub it in???") Rub what in? My team gave up 59 points to the Raiders a week ago. I don't have room to rub anything in. I'm just asking.

I can't claim to speak for all Steelers fans, but the sense of entitlement amongst them is amusing. Nobody's above getting beaten. Yes, they should want a better performance out of their team, and they should expect a better performance out of their team, but deal with it. It's like the game suddenly becomes a forbidden topic as soon as the opponent goes into victory formation.

Maybe fans in other cities are like this, but I've never lived there to see it. At least the people I've encountered here seem to think that it's embarrassing to lose by 10 points. If losing by 10 in the Superdome in an embarrassment, I should just burn my Broncos stuff because almost everything they've done this year has been about a thousand times worse than that.

Boo hoo hoo.

OK, I'm done here. Time to figure out who dug up the corpse of Troy Smith and taught him how to play football again.

I am in agreement with you...losing to the Saints by 10 in NO should be more palatable than blowing a lead to Baltimore in the final minute.

You could have the opposite. Typically you'll get the experts who will tell you everything they would have done differently, how bad the playcalling is, who should be starting/sitting, etc. You should be happy that you are getting silence!

As far as the anger...remember how you feel when you see Colin White. Some things just have no explanation.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #291
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think Steelers fans begrudingly acknowledge divisional losses, as it's fairly hard to sweep them under the rug when the other team's fans provide constant reminders. The out-of-division losses are a different story, though.

Given that the Steelers officially finished 9-7 last year, but they lost outside the division to Chicago, Kansas City, and Oakland, I think Steelers fans really think their team finished 9-4 last year, and they only missed the playoffs because the NFL is afraid of Ray Lewis so Baltimore got in instead.

Yes, I will continue to make fun of Steelers fans as long as I live here. They make it too easy. I don't do this to Penguins fans even though I'm a fan of one of their divisional rivals. I don't do this to Pirates fans because I am a Pirates fan. For a Broncos fan from New Orleans to make fun of Steelers fans, though, it's clearly just shooting fish in a barrel.

Are there Pirates fans??

And in either case, "Pirates fans" are just people wasting time until training camp starts. And about 70% of Penguin fans are people who like to cheer for anything winning during the week, just waiting to get to Sunday again.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #292
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, you would think Tomlin took out the franchise QB they traded for in the off season and put in Rex Grossman for the game winning drive.

Rex fucking Grossman.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #293
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I am in agreement with you...losing to the Saints by 10 in NO should be more palatable than blowing a lead to Baltimore in the final minute.

You could have the opposite. Typically you'll get the experts who will tell you everything they would have done differently, how bad the playcalling is, who should be starting/sitting, etc. You should be happy that you are getting silence!

As far as the anger...remember how you feel when you see Colin White. Some things just have no explanation.
Quote:
Are there Pirates fans??

And in either case, "Pirates fans" are just people wasting time until training camp starts. And about 70% of Penguin fans are people who like to cheer for anything winning during the week, just waiting to get to Sunday again.
Good points on both. I will accept the silence this time, and I do wish there were more Pirates fans. I actually know of one other besides myself. He's also a Steelers fan, but I really think the Pirates are his favorite sports team overall. Of course, he's old enough to remember where he was when Mazeroski hit his home run.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #294
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Are there Pirates fans??

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #295
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hey Pumpy, I was playing NBA2k11 and I swear for one of the guys on a team I was using (Russell Westbrook maybe), the commentators launched into a bowling discussion. Apparently the player bowls regularly to strengthen his arms or something.

Also, wasn't former Steeler Jerome Bettis big into bowling?

Also, please leave the Steelers alone.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #296
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good points on both. I will accept the silence this time, and I do wish there were more Pirates fans. I actually know of one other besides myself. He's also a Steelers fan, but I really think the Pirates are his favorite sports team overall. Of course, he's old enough to remember where he was when Mazeroski hit his home run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

I went to 2 games last year.

2nd was the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, because my kids really wanted to run the bases after the game. We were in our seats for exactly 1 inning. The rest of the time we wandered around the park, then lined up to run the bases. Pregame was the unveiling of the Maz statue, my son asked "who was the pappy driving around in that car?" They lost to the Nationals, I believe the final was 9-1.

The 1st game was mid May, my brother in law and were working in the same building, so took a 1/2 day, went to a 12:35 start. Turned out to be the Brewers 20-0 game. We left top of the 8th when it was 17-0.

I was never a huge baseball fan growing up, but now I can hardly care at all. Summer night, nothing on TV and just chilling out, I'll put the game on for a few innings just to pass time, but I am not truly interested.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #297
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sunday afternoon Pirates Giant Eagle Advantage games are so worth it. I was like 25 rows from the field for 14 bucks.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #298
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sunday afternoon Pirates Giant Eagle Advantage games are so worth it. I was like 25 rows from the field for 14 bucks.

Above mentioned bro-in-law, although originally from NY and a Mets fan, gets some seasons plan, something like 10 or 12 games. We used those for the Brewers game in May, and sat about 15 rows back, behind home plate, for something like $20.

Related to the thread (and Pumpys topic), I've had 3 people today tell me how bad Ike is getting beat on that deep ball. Except for the fact that it wasn't his responsibility, they are absolutely right!!

Enjoy the silence Pumpy, it could be worse.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #299
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Hey Pumpy, I was playing NBA2k11 and I swear for one of the guys on a team I was using (Russell Westbrook maybe), the commentators launched into a bowling discussion. Apparently the player bowls regularly to strengthen his arms or something.

Also, wasn't former Steeler Jerome Bettis big into bowling?

Also, please leave the Steelers alone.
I know Chris Paul is well-known around the NBA for his bowling skills. Not sure about any other basketball players, although LeBron James has bowling lanes in his house. I've seen LeBron bowl on TV, though, and he's not very good. Here's hoping that the whole basketball thing works out for the kid.

Yes, I believe I heard that Jerome Bettis is an avid bowler. He seems like a nice guy. It would be great if I could bowl with him. He was one of the greatest backs to ever wear a Rams uniform.

Who are the Steelers? Funny, I haven't heard of them today.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #300
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Related to the thread (and Pumpys topic), I've had 3 people today tell me how bad Ike is getting beat on that deep ball. Except for the fact that it wasn't his responsibility, they are absolutely right!!

Enjoy the silence Pumpy, it could be worse.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, IT WASN'T HIS RESPONSIBILITY? HE'S WEARING "BLACK AND GOLD", SO HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO STOP ANY DEEP BALL BY HOLDING UP THE SHEER HONOR OF PLAYING FOR PITTSBURGH! HONOR STOPS THE DEEP BALL! PRIDE STOPS THE DEEP BALL! SWAGGIN' DOES NOT! GET RID OF IKE!!!!!