Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

College football - Week 9

After a rough start to the game Florida State has scored 21 unanswered points against the Wolfpack of North Carolina State.

Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

MIZ
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
MIZ

?????
Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
tarcone
Coordinator

Ill help

ZOU
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa beats MSU 17-10.

Defense is feeling a little abused. They have ideas of inflicting a painful loss on MSU.

GO HAWKS
Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What a horrible start for FSU. Hard to believe we're up 2 TDs and have over 200 yards of offense.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Already anxious...

6-1 William and Mary heads to Chapel Hill to face UNC at 3:30 Saturday on ESPN3.

UNC obviously has lost quite a few key players, but a couple of the secondary members that were "suspended indefinitely" return this weekend.

This is homecoming for UNC, but I still feel like W&M has a shot.

I'll be at the game screaming my head off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hell yeah! BYU will not lose this weekend...but if they can find a way to screw it up, they will....they have a BYE!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Ill help

ZOU

I have a bad feeling about this next game vs Nebraska, but I hope I'm wrong.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
MIZ

Quote:
Ill help

ZOU

+1. Headed to Lincoln tomorrow for Saturday's game. Never been to Memorial Stadium, this is going to be quite an experience.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
+1. Headed to Lincoln tomorrow for Saturday's game. Never been to Memorial Stadium, this is going to be quite an experience.

Awesome. Have fun. Ive heard its a wild place. Give an update when you get back. Iowa starts playing there soon. I would love to make the trip.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
tarcone
Coordinator

FSU and NC St. is crazy. Im flipping between this and Clash of the Titans. Every time i change back someone is scoring
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Florida State is weird this season.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

It's changed quite a bit over the past few years. They used to be a great crowd, but it's changed quite a bit. Pretty nasty crowd in comparison to what it was 10 years ago.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Awesome. Have fun. Ive heard its a wild place. Give an update when you get back. Iowa starts playing there soon. I would love to make the trip.

Yeah that would have been the fun thing about the rumor of Mizzou moving to the big 10. I have been to most of the old big 8's teams stadiums for both basketball and football. I think it would be fun to see some differnt teams live. I think there is something to tradition (especially in basketball) with the old big 8 schools but I really could give two shits about Tech, A&M, Baylor, and even Texas. (And I think they feel the same way about us)
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's changed quite a bit over the past few years. They used to be a great crowd, but it's changed quite a bit. Pretty nasty crowd in comparison to what it was 10 years ago.

I have found that if I am cool no matter if we win, lose, win big, or lose big that the opposing team's fans are pretty respectful as well. I am most looking forward to what has turned into a very interesting and important game than I really am in the atmoshpere anyways. I think seeing the tradition will be a big plus but could really care less if that doesn't end up being there. I want a Mizzou win, the rest is dressing.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
tarcone
Coordinator

Yeah. I was really hoping Mizzou would be invited. A 1 1/2 hour drive to see Iowa would have been outstanding.
Maybe next round. Mizzou fits the Big10 mold, I think.

Last edited by tarcone : 10-28-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #18
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Wow, Michigan State reinstates Chris Rucker. I'm a Dantonio fan because I liked him at OSU but he's running a pretty loose ship. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out, for some reason I can see them committing even more penalties.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah. I was really hoping Mizzou would be invited. A 1 1/2 hour drive to see Iowa would have been outstanding.
Maybe next round. Mizzou fits the Big10 mold, I think.

Yeah, this probably interests nobody in the thread but who cares? KU is about the only team is have any major feelings about not playing but they would still probably schedule us in both sports. I am sure we could figure out a way to play OU, OSU, K-State, and Iowa State pretty often. There is of course the problem with the big ten not actually wanting us in their conference.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #20
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I have found that if I am cool no matter if we win, lose, win big, or lose big that the opposing team's fans are pretty respectful as well. I am most looking forward to what has turned into a very interesting and important game than I really am in the atmoshpere anyways. I think seeing the tradition will be a big plus but could really care less if that doesn't end up being there. I want a Mizzou win, the rest is dressing.

It's relative. They used to cheer for the other team on good plays and cheer for the other team at the end of the game no matter the result and hold themselves up as the gold standard of fans. Those traditions were lost during the lousy stretch in the middle of the decade.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

NC State deserves to lose for a lack of offensive creativity on the goalline there.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #22
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Ponder flat out cost us the game I fucking hate him so much right now.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Ponder is a fool
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I hate Ponder he is a fucking bum.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fucker cost me some coin also
Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #26
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Iowa beats MSU 17-10.

Defense is feeling a little abused. They have ideas of inflicting a painful loss on MSU.

GO HAWKS

A rare occasion where I am rooting alongside you. Also hoping for Missouri and Oregon losses.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #27
bronconick
College Starter

Jimbo Fisher needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that what he has on offense right now is a solid rushing attack with limited passing capability and call runs 60 to 65% of the time instead of letting his goddamn weak armed QB throw bubble screens, outs, and drop the ball all night.

He dicked around for three quarters with the pass vs. BC and almost lost the damn game. Tonight, he has a running back average over 10 yards a carry and get 11 carries. 298 yards rushing vs. Miami. Stop trying to be fancy because you're an "elite QB developer" and ram the ball down teams' throats until they stop it.

Last edited by bronconick : 10-29-2010 at 12:04 AM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #28
Ksyrup

Well, I now know what it would feel like to be a Kentucky alum. Your football team plays terrible, mistake-filled football for 58 minutes and should have no chance of winning a game yet somehow is in a position to win a huge one, and then a fluke/bonehead play ends that opportunity.

The TE was so open from the moment the ball was snapped that I didn't even see the fumble. I yelled "the TE in the corner!" and then kept watching the corner of the screen waiting for the pass. And it never came.

Those things happen. Frankly, I'm more upset with Ponder for the 3rd-and-short where he didn't cut back up inside to get the 1st down and we settled for a FG than I am for that last play. That was a "Romo dropping the kick snap" type of fluke play. That's why you don't wait around until there's 2 minutes left to try to win a game, because shit like that happens.

Oh well - you knew it was going to take more than a year to wipe the Bowden Influence off this team. That was a post-2000 Bowden game if I ever saw one. Brought back bad memories.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Those things happen. Frankly, I'm more upset with Ponder for the 3rd-and-short where he didn't cut back up inside to get the 1st down and we settled for a FG than I am for that last play. That was a "Romo dropping the kick snap" type of fluke play. That's why you don't wait around until there's 2 minutes left to try to win a game, because shit like that happens.

This is what pissed me off the most the fact he could have iced the game with that play and he failed to deliver.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #30
Ksyrup

I think Fisher should have gone for it on that 4th down instead of settling for the FG, too. You have a great run offense and your QB could have gotten 4 yards on the last play instead of just 2. Use your advantage and get the momentum back. In that game, the FG didn't feel like it counted for anything.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-29-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Wow, Michigan State reinstates Chris Rucker. I'm a Dantonio fan because I liked him at OSU but he's running a pretty loose ship. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out, for some reason I can see them committing even more penalties.

But didn't you hear Dantonio has a 'zero tolerance' policy?

Last edited by cmp : 10-29-2010 at 11:13 AM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
Easy Mac

At least Chris Rainey has learned his lesson.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #33
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

Reeks of it being about winning versus anything else. I have a hard time seeing how the punishment from the football side of things was justified when he doesn't miss any football.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #34
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Looks like Boise State is ramping up their schedule bit by bit. Starting in 2012, they are playing Michigan State in a 3 game deal.

Michigan State will open 2012 season against Boise State

Too bad the games are so far apart, but it is at least a start for BSU to improve their SOS.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #35
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Looks like Boise State is ramping up their schedule bit by bit. Starting in 2012, they are playing Michigan State in a 3 game deal.

Michigan State will open 2012 season against Boise State

Too bad the games are so far apart, but it is at least a start for BSU to improve their SOS.

So BSU, ND who can only be improved, and a Big Ten Schedule with Nebraska in it. MSU obviously isn't learning from Michigan taking on 'Bama.

EDIT: games two and three are in 2022 and 2023.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #36
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
So BSU, ND who can only be improved, and a Big Ten Schedule with Nebraska in it. MSU obviously isn't learning from Michigan taking on 'Bama.

EDIT: games two and three are in 2022 and 2023.
Odds on those next two actually being played? 1/3?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #37
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Odds on those next two actually being played? 1/3?

1 in 8 or lower. The Big TenXII keeps talking about going to 9 conference games in 2015 or so. Guess which games are going to vanish?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Having more ways to watch college football is always a good thing, so I'll support ESPN adding this Goal Line channel...but it would really be nice when they publicize it, if they didn't try to make it sound like they invented the god damn concept.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #39
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Having more ways to watch college football is always a good thing, so I'll support ESPN adding this Goal Line channel...but it would really be nice when they publicize it, if they didn't try to make it sound like they invented the god damn concept.

I thought ESPN invented sports
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #40
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't wait till ESPN3 or ESPN360 or whatever they call it comes to the 360.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #41
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
A rare occasion where I am rooting alongside you. Also hoping for Missouri and Oregon losses.

You better hope for a TCU and Utah loss. They face each other on Nov. 6. The winner may jump Boise St.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #42
Swaggs
Coordinator

WVU is just hard to watch this season.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
RainMaker
General Manager

Boise and TCU are not eligible guys. It's just a show.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #44
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
WVU is just hard to watch this season.

Really curious to see what would happen if TCU actually joined the Big East. Honestly I think they'd year in and year out be the best team in the conference.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #45
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Really curious to see what would happen if TCU actually joined the Big East. Honestly I think they'd year in and year out be the best team in the conference.

Hard to argue that right now. Patterson would immediately be far and away the best head coach.

We were talking about this in a WVU chat, but it was interesting enough to discuss here (for other conferences, as well). Right now, is there a head coach in the Big East that could find another BCS conference job?

Wanny and Stewart -- no way.
Marrone, Strong, Jones, and Holtz -- maybe in a few of them after a another several seasons, but not right now.
Schiano and Edsall -- maybe a really low level school like Duke, Vandy, or Washington State? They have both shown that they can build a program into respectability, but they also both look like they may have topped out with good, but not great.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #46
Swaggs
Coordinator

This offense is so bad, I don't even think my blood pressure or heart rate increases in overtime anymore.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #47
Swaggs
Coordinator

Awesome.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #48
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think I'll avoid the WVU messageboards for the next couple of weeks or so.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #49
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Big East is pretty wide open...
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #50
Swaggs
Coordinator

They are acting like beating an average WVU team is worthy of tearing down the goalposts.