Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

NFL Week 9 Discussion Thread: More Breaking News

In a stunning turn of events, Bill Belichick has received the entire Minnesota Vikings slot of draft picks for the 2011 NFL draft, courtesy of Brad Childress. In return, the Vikings send nothing but a box of Ritz crackers and a picture of Randy Moss, signed by Dennis Green.

In other news...

A man in Mexico City sees the likeness of Brett Favre in a catina window. Thousands gather.

At least one player from every team will "guarantee victory" in an upcoming game.

JaMarcus Russell has a workout with the Washington Redskins.

...discuss...

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
In a stunning turn of events, Bill Belichick has received the entire Minnesota Vikings slot of draft picks for the 2011 NFL draft, courtesy of Brad Childress. In return, the Vikings send nothing but a box of Ritz crackers and a picture of Randy Moss, signed by Dennis Green.

In other news...

A man in Mexico City sees the likeness of Brett Favre in a catina window. Thousands gather.

At least one player from every team will "guarantee victory" in an upcoming game.

JaMarcus Russell has a workout with the Washington Redskins.

...discuss...

I can buy the rest, but there is no way that the Redskins worked Russell out. I mean, come on, that is too far fetched.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Agreed. I just can't see Russell getting his fat ass off the couch to even make an effort to make the trip.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

if russell, merriman and moss aren't all redskins by next week i'll be disappointed in dan snyder.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Moss is a food critic now?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Moss is a food critic now?

He dont eat no slop, thats for sure
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
JS19
College Prospect

Watching NFL Live... got a pretty good kick out of the McNabb interview. He's sweating bullets and gasping for breath as he answers questions about his benching.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Quote:
Tinucci’s Restaurant and Catering provided a spread for the team. Moss, according to the owner Gus Tinucci in The Pioneer Press, looked at the food and said it wasn’t fit for his dog — “and he’s screaming it at the top of his lungs.”

Moss’s rant might have helped speed his exit from the team. According to Tinucci, Brett Favre wasn’t pleased by Moss’s display.

“If Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right in the head. Favre looked at him like, ‘Are you kidding me?’” Tinucci told the Pioneer Press.

lol, what a piece of shit Moss is.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like Tinucci’s Restaurant is going to have a nice short term bump in business as people determine if Randy was right or now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lol, what a piece of shit Moss is.

I'm just relieved Moss apparently feeds his dogs.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Did anyone post this yet? I'm going to anyways!

sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Going to the Giants-Seahawks game on Sunday. Just found out my boy who works for Costco got box seats and field passes from a vendor. My excitement level just went through the roof.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Going to the Giants-Seahawks game on Sunday. Just found out my boy who works for Costco got box seats and field passes from a vendor. My excitement level just went through the roof.

well good news for you. Hasselback won't be playing due to his concussion.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Pats season in trouble/Ping JiMGA - Patriots sign QB Jonathan Crompton and DL Lorenzo Washington practice squad
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

Why is the Pats' season in trouble?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Ah yes, the Incrompetent One

(Also proof that, slimy SOB that he might be, Lane Kiffin isn't a bad offensive mind at times. He actually made the guy productive for a while)
Old 11-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Jon had to live through Crompton at Tennessee. Tongue in cheek with the season in trouble, though.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well good news for you. Hasselback won't be playing due to his concussion.

He is just afraid.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #19
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
He is just afraid.

Well given the percentage of QB's the Giants defense has knocked out of games, lets just say he's feeling the effects of the concussion a bit less than he's letting on.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #20
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm a QB facing the Giants, I tell my offense that I take them out for diner if I'm not KOed during the game.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Did anyone post this yet? I'm going to anyways!

Pumpy looks super silly there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #22
MikeVic
Head Coach

New England Patriots' Myron Pryor fined $7,500 for hit that cut Favre - ESPN Boston

Stupid.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was surprised New England's Gary Guyton was not fined more and/or suspended for what at the time I thought was a pretty blatant helmet to helmet contact.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #24
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Always nice to see the Colts put another player on IR (Clint Sessions)
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #25
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

That's racist.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
miami_fan
Coordinator

DeSean Jackson will be wearing a new helmet to help prevent concussions. Shouldn't this helmet be mandatory for all players?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Everyone should look like Mark Kelso did.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #28
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
DeSean Jackson will be wearing a new helmet to help prevent concussions. Shouldn't this helmet be mandatory for all players?

Lets just get the chin straps on the guys first. I don't know how many times I see freaking running backs in the backfield (right before the ball is snapped) with their chin straps off or their mouth piece still in their face mask.

Last edited by fantom1979 : 11-05-2010 at 11:49 PM.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Always nice to see the Colts put another player on IR (Clint Sessions)

The Colts placed another player IR today, this time WR Anthony Gonzales
Old 11-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
The Colts placed another player IR today, this time WR Anthony Gonzales

Does the I in IR stand for Indianapolis?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #31
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

And I thought the Bears organization was a mess.

Quote:
Sources: Percy Harvin confronted coach

By Ed Werder
ESPN
Archive

MINNEAPOLIS -- A confrontation between Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress and receiver Percy Harvin grew so heated Friday afternoon that coaches and players were forced to separate them to prevent a physical exchange, according to team sources.

The confrontation, which was first reported by The (Minneapolis) Star Tribune as a heated argument between the two, occurred during a light Friday afternoon practice, Harvin's first of the week after suffering a sprained ankle last Sunday against the New England Patriots. Harvin was seen limping badly during the portion of practice open to reporters.

According to sources, Childress questioned Harvin's effort during the practice. When Harvin took exception, Childress suggested Harvin submit to further testing on the ankle. The debate escalated and "was as close to physical as you can get," according to the source.

After the two were separated, according to sources, a teammate told Harvin: "You just did what a lot of us have been wanting to say for years."

According to sources, Harvin had further testing on the ankle Saturday morning. He remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #32
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Good god Childress is an unstable wreck. How long until he barricades himself in an underground bunker hoping to outsmart and hide from his enemies?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The Brad Childress & Brett Favre combo was always a ticking time bomb waiting to implode. Far too much drama.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Childress has needed to go since.... when he took the job over. I constantly berated Childress in the last two seasons and called him a Top 5 Worst coach in the NFL and nobody believed; glad his reign may finally come to an end..... Wilf can't continue to fire top notch players in favor of Childress. Childress is the problem; has been and always will be. If Wylf had the balls last week we'd still have Moss and be sitting just fine for a playoff push.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #35
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

in other dysfunctional qb & hc news

from pft:
Quote:
The Washington Redskins are off this week, but there's no reprieve from the constant discussion about why Mike Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb late in last week's loss to the Lions.

The latest talk comes from a report on ESPN on Sunday morning in which Chris Mortensen said that Shanahan and his son and offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan, have had to cut their playbook in half in order to pare it down enough for McNabb to learn it.

And it gets worse: Mortensen reports that even when McNabb is operating with the Cliff's Notes version of the playbook, he sometimes has trouble correctly calling the plays in the huddle.

At this point, with all these stories coming out about McNabb being unable to figure out the offense, it's hard not to get the feeling that there are folks within the Redskins organization who are making a concerted effort to make McNabb look bad. That's exactly what ESPN's Tom Jackson, who played in Denver for three seasons when Shanahan was a Broncos assistant, said after Mortensen's report.

"If you have a problem with your quarterback," Jackson said, "you call [him] in and you discuss that. This has now become so public that the quarterback is going to be completely embarrassed and it makes his job harder."

In Jackson's view, Shanahan and McNabb simply won't be able to work together going forward -- and Jackson thinks that's more Shanahan's fault than McNabb's.

"I always thought the job of a coach is to adjust your system to the guy who's quarterbacking your team," Jackson said. "This situation is irreconcilable.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
The Brad Childress & Brett Favre combo was always a ticking time bomb waiting to implode. Far too much drama.

And I saw the video that came along with the report where it said Favre will sit as soon as he thinks there isn't any hope left in the season. In other words, the streak will be ending shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post

from pft:

Reminds me of the story about Plummer that got posted. Jake vastly blamed Shanahan due to him being a perfectionist to where it's detrimental.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post

from pft:

I question that, because if that were truly the case, then why does McNabb have the locker room on his side according to the reports I've seen.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #38
mckerney
Coordinator

Childress is a locker room cancer, questioning Harvin's effort is absolutely ridiculous. In hind sight T.O. was probably in the right telling Chilly not to talk to him when they were in Philly.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #39
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
"I always thought the job of a coach is to adjust your system to the guy who's quarterbacking your team," Jackson said. "This situation is irreconcilable.

But there is only so much you can cut and simplify due to a stupid QB until it becomes a no-win situation.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #40
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Favre throws INT, Arz runs it back, Minn strips ball from defender, ball goes out the back of the endzone.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #41
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Greg Camarillo for Hustle of the Year Award.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #42
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Is Cleveland really up by 10 over NE?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #43
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
But there is only so much you can cut and simplify due to a stupid QB until it becomes a no-win situation.

But they picked him.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #44
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Favre throws INT, Arz runs it back, Minn strips ball from defender, ball goes out the back of the endzone.

*sigh* Who got the INT?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #45
Thomkal
Head Coach

Jonathan Stewart joins DeAngelo Williams on the sideline as they cart him off the field.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #46
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Let's go Vikings D. You've been a supreme disappointment on my fantasy team this year.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #47
Thomkal
Head Coach

Baltimore gets an easy INT when a Miami receiver falls down then have to settle for a FG...then the holder fumbles the hold. Ugh
Old 11-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #48
Thomkal
Head Coach

Claussen in for Moore in Carolina
Old 11-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #49
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
questioning Harvin's effort is absolutely ridiculous.

+1
Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #50
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Wes Welker is going to be kicking for New England