Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

FBCB Interactive Coaches Dynasty

Since my old one got corrupted, I am getting ready to open up Fast Break College Basketball again and start another interactive coaches dynasty. I am retaining the same coaches at the same schools from the previous one, so here's a list of the coaches and teams that will already be in the next one that I start.

B.B. Gunn (bbgunn)- Hawaii
David Ginsberg (DavidCoperial)- Hartford
Randolph Childress (ntndeacon)- Davidson
Score Galore (JAG)- Bryant
Alex Donovan (sirfozzie)- Bradley
Cillian O'Reilly (Grover)- Maine
Roy Rogers (ntndeacon)- High Point
Timmy Tribble (Grover)- Illinois St.
Ernesto Lopez (JAG)- Northern Iowa
Ekeje Bafou (britrock88)- UMass Lowell
Jawouk Bafou (britrock88)- Loyola Chicago
Patrick Hutt (Zinto)- BYU
Kuji Chagulia (bbgunn)- St. Louis
Shane Korme (korme)- Wright St.
DeShawn St. John (bbgunn)- UTEP

For those that are interested, please sign up here with the following info.

Coaches Name:
School you want to Coach at:
Offense Rating:
Defense Rating:
Scout Rating:
Recruiting Rating:

Ratings must total 240 points between the 4, all human coaches starting at level 7. I also plan on having all the coaches be the same starting age, just to make things easier.

If interested please sign up, I hope to get this started tonight or tomorrow night, as I hope I have my computer problems taken care of. If you are interested but don't make the deadline, no problem, you can still sign up and you'll get in the following season. Thanks.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coach: Rob Nielsen
Hometown: Palm Springs, CA
School: Colorado

Offense: 80
Defense: 50
Scout: 30
Recruiting: 80
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Thanks Rob, I had a feeling given enough time you would join.

I will warn everybody that this may not get started for a few more days. I'm considering doing a complete overhaul and reformmating of my home PC, as I'm still having virus and malware issues. Not as severe, but my computer tech believes there is something in my system that won't go away and is causing the problems.

I'm hoping he can take a look at it this weekend, and if so, the chances of me getting this going on Monday are great. If he can't look at it this weekend, it may be a couple more weeks or so.

Normally I would jump in, but given past history, the last thing I want to do is get started and have to wipe it out because of computer issues, although I understand that even with a complete reformmating, issues can still arise. Stay tuned everybody!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Good luck with the computer!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Coaches Name: Jeeber Mack
School you want to Coach at: North Texas (since I can't have UTEP )
Offense Rating: 40
Defense Rating: 80
Scout Rating: 40
Recruiting Rating:80

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #6
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Coaches Name: Jeeber Mack
School you want to Coach at: North Texas (since I can't have UTEP )
If I could give up UTEP for you, I would!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

bbgunn, if you want to give up UTEP for Jeeber and pick another team, that's totally fine. This thing won't be started for a few days anyways. As it stands now, after Christmas probably before my computer is up and running again. So you can talk it over with Jeeber and decide who gets UTEP.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
bbgunn, if you want to give up UTEP for Jeeber and pick another team, that's totally fine. This thing won't be started for a few days anyways. As it stands now, after Christmas probably before my computer is up and running again. So you can talk it over with Jeeber and decide who gets UTEP.

Jeeber can have UTEP - no problem. I'll think of another team for DeShawn St. John and get back to you.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

There you go Jeeber, UTEP is yours. bbgunn, no rush on finding a new team, it's going to be this weekend at the earliest before I start this up. We did some deleting and reconfiguring on my computer over this past weekend, gonna wait a few days and see how that works out. If viruses still keep popping up, will have to go to the next option and see if that particular PC is able to be reformatted. If so, it would be this coming weekend. So in short, you've got time. I hate making everybody wait, but I'd rather not start this up again only to find out it's going to be a bust because of a computer that's still down.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

You're awesome, bbgunn. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

And you didn't have to do that, really. They're yours if you really want them...

Old 12-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #12
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I think I have my comp up to a point where I can give this a go, but right now I'm waiting for bbgunn to let me know where he wants DeShawn St. John to go, and since he hasn't been on in a few days, we'll have to hold off until I hear from him.

In the meantime, feel free to check out my FBCB Interactive Recruit/Player Dynasty, I'm taking season 2 signups for it. There's also my DICE Baseball Dynasty.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Sorry about being away for so long... I was in California for a week, driving down the Pacific Coast. It was nice to be back in the U.S., even for just a week.

Inspired somewhat by my one-night stay in San Luis Obispo, CA, can you give me Cal Poly? I think they're in the Big West, if I'm not mistaken.

And JeeberD, no problem at all about UTEP. Heck, I'd want someone to give up Hawaii for me! :P
Old 01-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #14
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

no problem bbgunn, you can have Cal Poly. I think they are in the Big West. I understand interactive dynasties are tough because you gotta have the interaction. That's another reason I wanted to have this and the interactive players dynasty going, so that if one stalls while I'm waiting on a response from somebody, I can concentrate on the other one. For instance, right now I'm waiting on a response from somebody on the Interactive Player Dynasty, so my plan is to get things started on this coaches dynasty tonight.

Just a note, I didn't download any mods this time around, so the conference alignment will be as of the 2009 or 2010 season, I believe. There will be no American Conference, the Big East will have 16 teams or whatever, and so on. I thought about manually adjusting the conferences and teams to fit the 2014-2015 conference alignment, but man that's a lot of work, and since I'll have limited conference movement turned on, I'll just let it go as is.

I will at least have an updated list of the coaches tonight, and get the initial setup going. Hopefully I can sim at least the in-season tournaments, or get up to that point.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #15
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK guys, I've gotten all the coaches plugged into the game, by my count there are 17 human coaches. Unfortunately, since I didn't download the mod I used last time, this is based on the conference alignment of the 2011-2012 season, and there are some major changes. Here's a list of all the coaches, teams, and what conferences they are in.

David Ginsberg- Hartford (America East)
Cillian O'Reilly- Maine (America East)
Kuji Chagulia- St. Louis (Atlantic Ten)
Rob Nielsen- Colorado (Big 12)
Roy Rogers- High Point (Big South)
DeShawn St. John- Cal Poly (Big West)
Jeeber Mack- UTEP (Conference USA)
Jawouk Bafou- Loyola Chicago (Horizon)
Shane Korme- Wright St. (Horizon)
Alex Donovan- Bradley (MVC)
Ekeje Bafou- Evansville (MVC)
Timmy Tribble- Illinois St. (MVC)
Ernesto Lopez- Northern Iowa (MVC)
Patrick Hutt- BYU (Mountain West)
Score Galore- Bryant (Northeast)
Randolph Childress- Davidson (Southern)
B.B. Gunn- Hawaii (WAC)

You can see the major changes, for instance, Loyola is in the Horizon, Colorado in the Big 12, Hawaii in the WAC, BYU in the Mountain West, and UMass Lowell was not even a D1 school at the time this game was made. So britrock88, I have moved Ekeje Bafou to Evansville as it was the lowest rated MVC school available.

I like the fact we have 12 conferences represented, and I'm going to go ahead full force with the upcoming season. However, if any of you are not happy with your team or the conference they are in due to the mod change, let me know and you'll be allowed to change teams in the offseason. Fair? Now, let's get it started.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #16
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2011-2012 Coach Goals

As all hotseat ratings are set to average for this first season, we'll just take a look at goals.

David Ginsberg (Hartford)- Avoid last place in the America East.

Cillian O'Reilly (Maine)- Finish with at least a .500 America East record.

Kuji Chagulia (St. Louis)- Play in the NCAA Tournament.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado)- Avoid last place in the Big 12.

Roy Rogers (High Point)- Finish with at least a .500 Big South record.

DeShawn St. John (Cal Poly)- Finish with at least a .500 Big West record.

Jeeber Mack (UTEP)- Play in any postseason tournament.

Jawouk Bafou (Loyola Chicago)- Avoid last place in the Horizon.

Shane Korme (Wright St.)- Finish with at least a .500 Horizon record.

Alex Donovan (Bradley)- Play in any postseason tournament.

Ekeje Bafou (Evansville)- Avoid last place in the MVC.

Timmy Tribble (Illinois St.)- Play in any postseason tournament.

Ernesto Lopez (Northern Iowa)- Play in any postseason tournament.

Patrick Hutt (BYU)- Play in the NCAA tournament.

Score Galore (Bryant)- Avoid last place in the Northeast Conference.

Randolph Childress (Davidson)- Play in any postseason tournament.

B.B. Gunn (Hawaii)- Finish with at least a .500 WAC record.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #17
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2011 Season Tournaments

Colorado is the 5th seed in the 2011 Anaheim Invitational and will open up against (4) St. Johns.

Hartford is the 4th seed in the 2011 Boulder Classic and will open up against (1) Central Florida in this 4 team tournament.

Northern Iowa is the 9th seed in the 2011 Coaches Invitational and will open up against (8) George Mason.

Davidson is the 10th seed in the 2011 Coaches Invitational and will open up against (7) Charlotte.

Wright St. is the 11th seed in the 2011 Coaches Invitational and will open up against (6) UAB.

Illinois St. is the 5th seed in the 2011 GDS Classic and will open up against (12) Oregon St.

BYU is the 2nd seed in the 2011 Paradise Shootout and will open up against (7) Houston.

St. Louis is the 6th seed in the 2011 Paradise Shootout and will open up against (3) Marquette.

UTEP is the 5th seed in the 2011 San Juan Classic and will open up against (4) Oregon.

Hawaii is the 7th seed in the 2011 San Juan Classic and will open up against (2) Oklahoma.

Bradley is the 3rd seed in the 2011 Travelers Invitational (4 team tournament) and will open up against (2) Vanderbilt.

11 of our 17 human coached teams made a season tournament, although I hate the fact that we have 3 in one tournament, and 2 in some other tournaments.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we enter the 2011-2012 season, here's a look at the initial top 25 poll:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Oklahoma State (69) 0-0 1797 NR Big 12 Conference 2. Xavier 0-0 1718 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Memphis (2) 0-0 1600 NR Conference USA 4. Michigan State 0-0 1570 NR Big Ten Conference 5. Texas 0-0 1456 NR Big 12 Conference 6. Creighton 0-0 1425 NR Missouri Valley Conference 7. Arizona (1) 0-0 1355 NR Pacific-10 Conference 8. Kentucky 0-0 1303 NR Southeastern Conference 9. Kansas 0-0 1248 NR Big 12 Conference 10. Florida 0-0 1177 NR Southeastern Conference 11. Georgetown 0-0 1055 NR Big East Conference 12. Notre Dame 0-0 1055 NR Big East Conference 13. Ohio State 0-0 938 NR Big Ten Conference 14. Oklahoma 0-0 864 NR Big 12 Conference 15. Louisville 0-0 797 NR Big East Conference 16. West Virginia 0-0 701 NR Big East Conference 17. Wisconsin 0-0 673 NR Big Ten Conference 18. North Carolina State 0-0 514 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Vanderbilt 0-0 477 NR Southeastern Conference 20. Utah State 0-0 450 NR Western Athletic Conference 21. Gonzaga 0-0 340 NR West Coast Conference 22. Pittsburgh 0-0 328 NR Big East Conference 23. Wake Forest 0-0 232 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 24. Villanova 0-0 177 NR Big East Conference 25. Connecticut 0-0 105 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: UCLA 0-0 20 Pacific-10 Conference Syracuse 0-0 12 Big East Conference Marquette 0-0 8 Big East Conference Dayton 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference Stanford 0-0 2 Pacific-10 Conference

And the season opening mid-major poll:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Xavier (68) 0-0 1796 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 2. Memphis (4) 0-0 1723 NR Conference USA 3. Creighton 0-0 1665 NR Missouri Valley Conference 4. Utah State 0-0 1583 NR Western Athletic Conference 5. Gonzaga 0-0 1513 NR West Coast Conference 6. Dayton 0-0 1429 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 7. Butler 0-0 1328 NR Horizon League 8. Richmond 0-0 1236 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 9. San Diego State 0-0 1230 NR Mountain West Conference 10. Brigham Young 0-0 1205 NR Mountain West Conference 11. Utah 0-0 1068 NR Mountain West Conference 12. Western Kentucky 0-0 980 NR Sun Belt Conference 13. VCU 0-0 912 NR Colonial Athletic Association 14. UTEP 0-0 831 NR Conference USA 15. UNLV 0-0 780 NR Mountain West Conference 16. Old Dominion 0-0 726 NR Colonial Athletic Association 17. Bradley 0-0 692 NR Missouri Valley Conference 18. Miami-Ohio 0-0 587 NR Mid-American Conference 19. Nevada 0-0 422 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. New Mexico 0-0 344 NR Mountain West Conference 21. Houston 0-0 317 NR Conference USA 22. UAB 0-0 248 NR Conference USA 23. Temple 0-0 167 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Missouri State 0-0 143 NR Missouri Valley Conference 25. Saint Joseph's 0-0 55 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Green Bay 0-0 40 Horizon League Southern Illinois 0-0 30 Missouri Valley Conference Tulsa 0-0 27 Conference USA Montana 0-0 26 Big Sky Conference George Mason 0-0 25 Colonial Athletic Association Charlotte 0-0 19 Atlantic 10 Conference Central Florida 0-0 17 Conference USA New Mexico State 0-0 14 Western Athletic Conference Fresno State 0-0 13 Western Athletic Conference Vermont 0-0 12 America East Conference Kent State 0-0 11 Mid-American Conference College of Charleston 0-0 10 Southern Conference Jacksonville 0-0 9 Atlantic Sun Conference Southern Mississippi 0-0 9 Conference USA Davidson 0-0 8 Southern Conference Massachusetts 0-0 8 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Mary's 0-0 8 West Coast Conference Siena 0-0 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Florida Atlantic 0-0 6 Sun Belt Conference Saint Louis 0-0 6 Atlantic 10 Conference South Alabama 0-0 6 Sun Belt Conference William & Mary 0-0 6 Colonial Athletic Association Winthrop 0-0 6 Big South Conference Boise State 0-0 5 Western Athletic Conference Illinois State 0-0 5 Missouri Valley Conference James Madison 0-0 5 Colonial Athletic Association Niagara 0-0 5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Troy 0-0 5 Sun Belt Conference Wofford 0-0 5 Southern Conference Colorado State 0-0 4 Mountain West Conference Furman 0-0 4 Southern Conference Hampton 0-0 4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Hofstra 0-0 4 Colonial Athletic Association Rhode Island 0-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Wyoming 0-0 4 Mountain West Conference Air Force 0-0 3 Mountain West Conference Florida International 0-0 3 Sun Belt Conference San Diego 0-0 3 West Coast Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference Citadel 0-0 3 Southern Conference George Washington 0-0 2 Atlantic 10 Conference Idaho 0-0 2 Western Athletic Conference Iona 0-0 2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Samford 0-0 2 Southern Conference Santa Clara 0-0 2 West Coast Conference South Carolina State 0-0 2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Texas Christian 0-0 2 Mountain West Conference Alabama State 0-0 1 Southwestern Athletic Conference Coastal Carolina 0-0 1 Big South Conference Denver 0-0 1 Sun Belt Conference Idaho State 0-0 1 Big Sky Conference La Salle 0-0 1 Atlantic 10 Conference Louisiana Tech 0-0 1 Western Athletic Conference Manhattan 0-0 1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Marshall 0-0 1 Conference USA Northern Iowa 0-0 1 Missouri Valley Conference Pacific 0-0 1 Big West Conference Radford 0-0 1 Big South Conference Southern Methodist 0-0 1 Conference USA Stetson 0-0 1 Atlantic Sun Conference Wright State 0-0 1 Horizon League

So 3 of our teams are in the top 25 and 5 more receiving votes. Obviously the future polls won't be as big, but it's nice to see 8 of our teams at least getting mention.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #19
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

This is where I stop for the night and let you guys mull over things. Any comments appreciated, positive, negative, doesn't matter. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow, no guarantees.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:50 PM   #20
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Looks good to me, so far, although I feel sadness and longing for the good ol' days of the WAC.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2011 Season Tournament Wrap-Up

2011 Anaheim Invitational

Colorado beat (4) St. Johns 70-61 in the first round, then lost to (1) Purdue 68-56 in the winners bracket semifinals, and had a tough loss to (6) Fairfield 75-67 in the third place game.

2011 Boulder Classic

Hartford lost a pitching duel.. I mean a tightly contested defensive game 40-31 to (1) Central Florida in the first round, then lost to (2) Santa Clara 77-70 in the third place game.

2011 Coaches Invitational

Northern Iowa lost to (8) George Mason 66-58 in the first round.

Davidson lost to (7) Charlotte 80-68 in the first round.

Wright State upset (6) UAB 76-65 in the first round, then lost to (3) Maryland 62-42 in the quarterfinals.

2011 GDS Classic

Illinois State beat (12) Oregon State 55-42 in the first round, then lost 85-67 to (4) Michigan in the quarterfinals.

2011 Paradise Shootout

BYU beat (7) Houston 80-47 in the first round, then beat (3) Marquette 79-76 in the winners bracket semifinals, and then took out (1) Gonzaga 84-76 in the championship game! Congrats to Patrick Hutt.

St. Louis lost a heartbreaker 75-73 to (3) Marquette in the first round, then lost another close one, 91-85 to (7) Houston in the consolation semifinals, but rallied to win the 7th place game 54-44 over (8) Holy Cross.

2011 San Juan Classic

UTEP pounded (4) Oregon 73-52 in the first round, then lost 78-72 to (1) Louisville in the winners bracket semifinals, but beat (6) St. Marys 91-80 in the third place game.

Hawaii lost a tough one to (2) Oklahoma 78-72 in the first round, then got knocked around by (3) South Carolina 76-58 in the consolation semifinals, and completed the trifecta of losses by losing to (8) St. Bonaventure 69-61 in the 7th place game.

2011 Travelers Invitational

Bradley lost 77-69 to (2) Vanderbilt in the first round but rolled over (4) LaSalle 92-71 in the third place game.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here is how our FOFC teams have fared through Dec. 26, 2011.

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 5-8, 1-0 America East. The strength of schedule hasn't been great so far, with their "best" win coming at a 2-8 Sacred Heart team who has an RPI of 87 (explain that one). They have started America East play on the right foot though.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 3-9, 0-1 America East. It's been a struggle for Maine so far, with 2 of their 3 wins coming against teams that have yet to win a game thus far. They got hammered in the first America East game.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 7-5, 0-0 Atlantic Ten. It's been a very intriguing ride for St. Louis so far, as they played Marquette and Houston tough in close losses (those 2 teams have combined for a 19-4 record so far), but yet have been completely outclassed in losses to Norfolk State and UMKC, who have combined for 4 wins so far. They are currently on a 3 game winning streak.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-5, 0-0 Big 12. The Buffaloes are just a few points away from being a 9 or 10 win team so far, as close losses to solid teams like Utah State and Colorado State have coach Nielsen figuring out a way to win those RPI making games.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 2-10, 1-1 Big South. It's been a rough go for High Point so far, whose average margin of defeat in their losses is 18 points. They've split their first 2 conference games and are hoping to build some momentum in Big South play.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-10, 0-0 Big West. Ay yi yi! Boy is Mr. DeShawn in for a tough time or what. Only 2 of Cal Poly's first 10 games have been decided by single digits. Fortunately, they've got a few patsies in Big West play that they might be able to get some wins against. To be fair, Cal Poly has scheduled pretty tough, playing the likes of St. Marys, UCLA, USC, Western Kentucky, Boise St., and Fresno St. They are ready for some easier games in Big West play.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 9-3, 0-0 Conference USA. So far so good for Mr. Mack Daddy. The 3 losses so far have been against Arizona St., Louisville, and Texas Tech. Nothing to panic about, except for the fact that they haven't exactly lit it up with their strength of schedule. They do have nice wins against Oregon, Baylor, and New Mexico St. though.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 6-5, 1-1 Horizon. It's been up and down so far for Loyola, who have nice wins against Illinois State and Northwestern. Splitting their first 2 conference games is a positive sign, we hope.

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 6-5, 2-0 Horizon. The season started with an upset of UAB, and since then has been back and forth. A nice upset at Michigan and a 2-0 conference start has the fans starting to show up to conference games, but with the likes of Butler, Valpo, Milwaukee, and Green Bay on the schedule, Shane Korme knows Wright St. is in for a tough time.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 8-4, 1-0 MVC. If the Braves make the NCAA Tournament, they can look back on what appear to be 2 very big wins, at Ohio State and at Gonzaga. The 44 point whooping they put on Evansville in their first conference game will help too.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 2-10, 0-1 MVC. SIU Edwardsville and Murray State are the source of the Aces' 2 wins. What's even more disheartening is 4 of their losses have been by 30 or more points, including their conference opener. Staying out of the MVC cellar is going to be a tough task, no doubt.

Illinois State (Timmy Tribble) -- 4-8, 1-1 MVC. A bit of a surprise here for the Redbirds who came in looking for a top 3 finish in the MVC. Of course, scheduling Illinois, Ohio St., Western Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Kansas St all in a row certainly didn't build any confidence in the players. Hopefully the 11 point win over Northern Iowa will boost the morale a bit.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-5, 1-1 MVC. The bad news for the Panthers. 4 of their 6 wins are against 4 teams that have combined for 4 wins so far this season. 1 win a piece. Yikes! The good news? They won by 10 at Southern Illinois, which so far is the Salukis' only losss. The 6-5 record is about right for this team, it's a completely up and down team.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 11-0, 0-0 Mountain West. Mr. Hutt has picked up right where he left off in the last dynasty: winning and winning a lot. Let's not get too confident, however. Their 3 opponents in the Paradise Shootout have been their 3 toughest opponents to date. Aside from that, they've only played 2 teams with a winning record.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 4-7, 0-0 Northeast. Wins against South Florida and UC Irvine look promising for this team, going into Northeast play which appears to be wide open. There are some concerns though, like the fact that all 7 of their losses have been by 13 or more points.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 2-8, 0-0 Southern. 1 thing we can say for Davidson, they aren't afraid to take on all comers at all times. 7 of their first 10 opponents already have 7 wins or more. We're talking the likes of Clemson, Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, and South Carolina. Of those opponents, they actually do have a 9 point win against the Gamecocks.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 4-8, 0-0 WAC. The losing streak is 5 for Hawaii so far, and judging by some of the teams in the WAC, it could be a verrrrryyyy long season for Mr. Gunn. I didn't realize some of the teams the WAC had in it apparently. There is definitely a major difference from this setup compared to the mod I used the first time around. I'm still liking this though. Oh.. we were talking about Hawaii, not the mods? OK, well their best win is against Drexel.

Heres a look at the top 25 polls to this point:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Oklahoma State (72) 12-0 1800 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Oklahoma 14-0 1718 5 Big 12 Conference 3. Texas 11-0 1644 4 Big 12 Conference 4. Kentucky 11-0 1606 3 Southeastern Conference 5. Florida 9-0 1452 6 Southeastern Conference 6. Connecticut 13-0 1413 7 Big East Conference 7. Memphis 12-1 1362 8 Conference USA 8. Michigan State 10-1 1309 2 Big Ten Conference 9. Maryland 12-0 1241 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Kansas 11-1 1204 10 Big 12 Conference 11. Georgetown 10-1 990 13 Big East Conference 12. Wake Forest 13-1 948 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Notre Dame 9-1 941 11 Big East Conference 14. Brigham Young 11-0 808 16 Mountain West Conference 15. Wisconsin 10-1 792 15 Big Ten Conference 16. Pittsburgh 9-1 748 22 Big East Conference 17. Virginia 11-0 676 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 18. Utah State 10-1 615 21 Western Athletic Conference 19. Villanova 10-1 450 19 Big East Conference 20. North Carolina State 10-1 437 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Xavier 9-2 437 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 22. Arizona 10-2 305 23 Pacific-10 Conference 23. Syracuse 9-1 204 24 Big East Conference 24. Purdue 12-1 95 NR Big Ten Conference 25. West Virginia 9-2 86 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Vanderbilt 11-2 50 Southeastern Conference Texas A&M 12-1 47 Big 12 Conference Utah 10-1 7 Mountain West Conference Missouri 11-1 6 Big 12 Conference VCU 10-1 5 Colonial Athletic Association San Diego State 10-1 4 Mountain West Conference

One thing we can say, playing this game with the regular conference setup that came with the game, hasn't made our FOFC teams any better. However, it hasn't stopped Patrick Hutt from roaring through the competition.

And the mid-major top 25:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 12-1 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 9-2 1662 3 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Brigham Young 11-0 1653 2 Mountain West Conference 4. Utah State 10-1 1651 4 Western Athletic Conference 5. Utah 10-1 1476 6 Mountain West Conference 6. VCU 10-1 1382 7 Colonial Athletic Association 7. Creighton 8-3 1324 11 Missouri Valley Conference 8. San Diego State 10-1 1314 8 Mountain West Conference 9. Miami-Ohio 11-1 1230 10 Mid-American Conference 10. Butler 9-2 1120 12 Horizon League 11. Gonzaga 11-3 1068 5 West Coast Conference 12. Richmond 10-2 996 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. Saint Joseph's 11-1 896 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Western Kentucky 11-2 842 17 Sun Belt Conference 15. UNLV 9-2 825 16 Mountain West Conference 16. Southern Illinois 11-1 780 9 Missouri Valley Conference 17. Dayton 9-3 749 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Central Florida 9-1 575 13 Conference USA 19. Houston 10-2 516 24 Conference USA 20. Fresno State 10-2 353 18 Western Athletic Conference 21. UTEP 9-3 297 21 Conference USA 22. Western Michigan 10-2 254 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Middle Tennessee 11-2 187 NR Sun Belt Conference 24. Vermont 11-2 124 NR America East Conference 25. Tulsa 7-2 100 19 Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Nevada 8-3 78 Western Athletic Conference Boise State 8-2 50 Western Athletic Conference Colorado State 9-2 29 Mountain West Conference Oakland 10-2 29 Summit League Lehigh 8-2 14 Patriot League George Washington 7-2 12 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego 8-2 8 West Coast Conference Stephen F. Austin 8-2 3 Southland Conference Temple 7-3 3 Atlantic 10 Conference

Well, at least we've got a second team in it
Old 01-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #23
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

That's alright. My coaches are going to get this thing turned around.

Cal Poly is currently like the 2014 Florida State football team in the first half of games. We got 'em right where we want 'em.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #24
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Winning record at CU == profit.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

Typical UTEP season so far, hopefully we can keep going strong...

Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #26
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 26, 2011-Jan. 1, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 5-9, 1-1 America East. Only 1 game this week for Hartford, a 65-57 loss at UMBC.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 5-9, 2-1 America East. The Black Bears got 2 road wins this week, winning at New Hampshire 52-45 then winning at Albany 67-63.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 7-6, 0-0 Atlantic Ten. The Billikins only had 1 game this week, a 63-59 loss to DePaul at home.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-6, 0-0 Big 12. It was a hard fought loss this week for the Buffaloes, as they lost 64-61 at Utah in their only game of the week.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 3-11, 2-2 Big South. High Point lost 61-49 at Winthrop, then rallied to win at Presbyterian 46-43.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-12, 0-0 Big West. 2 heartbreaking losses this week, as Cal Poly lost 60-52 at Pepperdine and 56-55 at Santa Clara.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 9-3, 0-0 Conference USA. No games this week for the Miners, who are enjoying a nice break.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 6-7, 1-2 Horizon. 2 blowout losses this week for the Ramblers, losing at home to Michigan 82-63 then losing at Illinois-Chicago 76-56.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 7-6, 3-1 Horizon. A split in 2 road games this week, as they lost at Cleveland St. 71-61 and won at Youngstown St. 60-47.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 9-5, 2-1 MVC. A home split for the Braves, as they lost to Southern Illinois 77-69 and beat Illinois St. 63-50.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 2-12, 0-3 MVC. Oof! The Aces got hammered in 2 home games this week, losing 80-60 to Illinois St. then losing to Southern Illinois 70-29. Ouch!

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 5-9, 2-2 MVC. A road split for the Redbirds, as they won at Evansville 80-60 then lost at Bradley 63-50.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 6-7, 1-3 MVC. 2 home losses for the Panthers, as they lost to Creighton 101-60 then lost to Indiana St. 58-49.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 13-0, 0-0 Mountain West. The Cougars stay perfect with 2 home wins: 70-46 vs. Utah Valley and 72-55 vs. Boise St.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 4-9, 0-2 Northeast. 2 tough road losses for Bryant this week, first losing 59-57 at Long Island, then losing 58-47 at Fairleigh Dickinson.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 4-8, 2-0 Southern. Davidson won 95-61 at Samford, then returned home to get a tough 74-72 victory over Appalachian St.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 4-8, 0-0 WAC. No games this week for the Warriors.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kentucky (56) 13-0 1773 4 Southeastern Conference 2. Texas (3) 14-0 1709 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Oklahoma (13) 14-0 1700 2 Big 12 Conference 4. Connecticut 13-0 1531 6 Big East Conference 5. Michigan State 12-1 1519 8 Big Ten Conference 6. Florida 11-0 1413 5 Southeastern Conference 7. Oklahoma State 13-0 1367 1 Big 12 Conference 8. Maryland 14-0 1298 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Kansas 12-1 1277 10 Big 12 Conference 10. Notre Dame 11-1 1106 13 Big East Conference 11. Memphis 12-1 1043 7 Conference USA 12. Wake Forest 13-1 988 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Brigham Young 13-0 958 14 Mountain West Conference 14. Georgetown 10-1 834 11 Big East Conference 15. Virginia 12-0 764 17 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Wisconsin 12-1 731 15 Big Ten Conference 17. Villanova 11-1 691 19 Big East Conference 18. North Carolina State 11-1 672 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Utah State 12-1 461 18 Western Athletic Conference 20. Syracuse 10-1 449 23 Big East Conference 21. West Virginia 10-2 283 25 Big East Conference 22. Xavier 10-3 184 21 Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Vanderbilt 11-2 177 NR Southeastern Conference 24. Utah 11-1 155 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Texas A&M 13-1 99 NR Big 12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Arizona 11-3 74 Pacific-10 Conference VCU 12-1 63 Colonial Athletic Association Miami-Ohio 12-1 33 Mid-American Conference Marquette 10-2 24 Big East Conference San Diego State 11-1 17 Mountain West Conference Missouri 11-1 6 Big 12 Conference Miami 13-1 1 Atlantic Coast Conference

BYU moves up 1 spot, but their non-conference schedule hasn't exactly been overpowering.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (68) 12-1 1796 1 Conference USA 2. Brigham Young (4) 13-0 1732 3 Mountain West Conference 3. Utah State 12-1 1621 4 Western Athletic Conference 4. Xavier 10-3 1571 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 5. Utah 11-1 1518 5 Mountain West Conference 6. VCU 12-1 1437 6 Colonial Athletic Association 7. San Diego State 11-1 1327 8 Mountain West Conference 8. Butler 11-2 1271 10 Horizon League 9. Gonzaga 12-3 1168 11 West Coast Conference 10. Miami-Ohio 12-1 1158 9 Mid-American Conference 11. Richmond 11-2 1040 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Creighton 9-4 926 7 Missouri Valley Conference 13. Western Kentucky 13-2 920 14 Sun Belt Conference 14. Dayton 10-3 881 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Saint Joseph's 12-1 812 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. UNLV 10-2 812 15 Mountain West Conference 17. Southern Illinois 13-1 807 16 Missouri Valley Conference 18. Fresno State 11-2 486 20 Western Athletic Conference 19. UTEP 9-3 424 21 Conference USA 20. Tulsa 9-2 405 25 Conference USA 21. Nevada 10-3 383 NR Western Athletic Conference 22. Houston 11-2 317 19 Conference USA 23. Colorado State 11-2 218 NR Mountain West Conference 24. Central Florida 9-2 149 18 Conference USA 25. Oakland 11-2 131 NR Summit League Others Receiving Votes: George Washington 9-2 36 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego 10-2 32 West Coast Conference Winthrop 12-3 11 Big South Conference Vermont 12-3 4 America East Conference Western Michigan 10-3 3 Mid-American Conference Montana 11-3 2 Big Sky Conference Bowling Green 10-3 1 Mid-American Conference Middle Tennessee 12-3 1 Sun Belt Conference
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #27
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 2-8, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 5-12, 1-3 America East. The losing streak is 4 now, as the Hawks lost a non-conference game at home to Princeton 65-56, then lost a nail biter 35-34 to Albany (bet there weren't many fans awake after that one), and finally traveled to Boston University and lost 76-42.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 6-10, 3-1 America East. A split this week for the Black Bears, who lost a non-conference home game 56-47 to Radford, then travelled to Vermont and won a huge conference game 77-74 in OT.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 8-6, 0-0 Atlantic Ten. Only 1 game this week for the Billikens, who won at a tough Missouri team, 70-60.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 7-7, 0-1 Big 12. The Buffaloes opened up conference play at a top 10 Oklahoma St. team, losing 69-60.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 3-13, 2-3 Big South. The Panthers continue to struggle, losing a non-conference game 61-51 at Eastern Michigan, then returning home and losing 63-50 to Radford.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-14, 0-1 Big West. 2 home losses this week for the Mustangs, first losing their conference opener 61-60 in OT to Cal St. Fullerton, then going out of conference, hosting and losing to UNLV 73-53.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 11-3, 0-0 Conference USA. 2 dominating non-conference road wins for the Miners, winning at Portland 107-65 and at North Dakota 93-41.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-8, 2-3 Horizon. A home split this week for the Ramblers, who got hammered by Cleveland St. 79-44, then beat Youngstown St. 66-56.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 9-6, 5-1 Horizon. The Raiders are doing well now, winning 2 home conference games this week: 76-65 vs. Green Bay and 73-42 vs. Milwaukee.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 9-7, 2-3 MVC. 2 road losses for the Braves this week: 60-54 at Indiana St. and 79-70 at Creighton.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 3-13, 1-4 MVC. The Aces lost at Creighton 70-42 then won at Indiana St. 62-56.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 6-9, 3-2 MVC. Only 1 game this week for the Redbirds, but it was a big one, as they handed Southern Illinois their second loss of the season, 75-67 in OT.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 8-7, 3-3 MVC. 2 road conference wins for the Panthers, who won at Drake 63-55 and at Missouri St. 82-72.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 14-0, 1-0 Mountain West. The Cougars had 1 game this week, opening up conference play at home against TCU and winning 88-77.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 4-11, 0-4 Northeast. The Bulldogs opened the week by losing at St. Francis-NY 51-46, then returning home and losing to Wagner 56-42.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 6-8, 4-0 Southern. 2 more dominating conference wins for the Wildcats, winning at Furman 67-47 and returning home to beat Citadel 79-41.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 4-11, 0-1 WAC. The Warriors lost both their games this week, both at home. A non-conference loss to Nebraska 58-53 and their conference opener to Boise St. 79-72.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kentucky (53) 14-0 1771 1 Southeastern Conference 2. Texas (19) 15-0 1731 2 Big 12 Conference 3. Michigan State 14-1 1664 5 Big Ten Conference 4. Connecticut 15-0 1574 4 Big East Conference 5. Florida 13-0 1480 6 Southeastern Conference 6. Oklahoma State 15-0 1405 7 Big 12 Conference 7. Kansas 14-1 1397 9 Big 12 Conference 8. Maryland 15-0 1344 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Oklahoma 14-1 1218 3 Big 12 Conference 10. Memphis 13-1 1109 11 Conference USA 11. Wake Forest 14-1 1009 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Wisconsin 14-1 989 16 Big Ten Conference 13. Brigham Young 14-0 918 13 Mountain West Conference 14. Villanova 13-1 880 17 Big East Conference 15. North Carolina State 13-1 778 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Virginia 14-0 764 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Notre Dame 12-2 753 10 Big East Conference 18. Xavier 12-3 526 22 Atlantic 10 Conference 19. West Virginia 12-2 513 21 Big East Conference 20. Georgetown 11-2 414 14 Big East Conference 21. Arizona 13-3 294 NR Pacific-10 Conference 22. Marquette 12-2 198 NR Big East Conference 23. Vanderbilt 11-2 191 23 Southeastern Conference 24. VCU 14-1 153 NR Colonial Athletic Association 25. San Diego State 13-1 112 NR Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Louisville 11-3 95 Big East Conference Miami-Ohio 13-1 83 Mid-American Conference Utah State 13-2 17 Western Athletic Conference Butler 13-2 11 Horizon League Tennessee 12-2 8 Southeastern Conference Miami 14-1 1 Atlantic Coast Conference

No change for BYU. Hopefully UTEP can start getting some votes in the AP poll.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (69) 13-1 1797 1 Conference USA 2. Brigham Young (3) 14-0 1712 2 Mountain West Conference 3. Xavier 12-3 1661 4 Atlantic 10 Conference 4. Utah State 13-2 1517 3 Western Athletic Conference 5. VCU 14-1 1509 6 Colonial Athletic Association 6. San Diego State 13-1 1366 7 Mountain West Conference 7. Butler 13-2 1346 8 Horizon League 8. Gonzaga 14-3 1268 9 West Coast Conference 9. Creighton 11-4 1219 12 Missouri Valley Conference 10. Utah 12-2 1130 5 Mountain West Conference 11. Miami-Ohio 13-1 1097 10 Mid-American Conference 12. Western Kentucky 15-2 1021 13 Sun Belt Conference 13. Richmond 12-2 989 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. UNLV 13-2 978 16 Mountain West Conference 15. Saint Joseph's 13-1 806 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Dayton 10-4 689 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Southern Illinois 14-2 635 17 Missouri Valley Conference 18. UTEP 11-3 580 19 Conference USA 19. Tulsa 11-2 539 20 Conference USA 20. Houston 12-2 448 22 Conference USA 21. Oakland 13-2 328 25 Summit League 22. Nevada 11-4 261 21 Western Athletic Conference 23. Winthrop 14-3 201 NR Big South Conference 24. Fresno State 12-3 172 18 Western Athletic Conference 25. Western Michigan 11-3 70 NR Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: Old Dominion 11-5 23 Colonial Athletic Association Siena 13-4 11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference George Washington 9-3 10 Atlantic 10 Conference Pepperdine 12-3 10 West Coast Conference Massachusetts 10-3 4 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego 11-3 3 West Coast Conference

Despite winning their game this week, BYU lost a first place vote in the mid-major poll. Bummer.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 01-12-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:13 PM   #28
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 9-15, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 6-13, 2-4 America East. A home split for the Hawks this week. First a 70-62 loss to Vermont and then a 50-26 win against New Hampshire.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 6-12, 3-3 America East. 2 tough home losses for the Black Bears this week: 57-46 to Stony Brook and 57-55 to Binghamton.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 9-7, 1-1 America East. A road split for the Billikens this week, losing 71-67 at Temple and beating George Washington 73-71 in overtime.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-8, 1-2 Big 12. The Buffaloes had 2 home games this week, splitting them. First they were hammered 73-39 by Kansas, then they upset Missouri 91-84.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 3-15, 2-5 Big South. 2 more home losses this week for the Panthers, first losing 63-45 to Liberty, then losing 52-45 to VMI.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-16, 0-3 Big West. The struggles continue for the Mustangs, first losing 71-66 at Cal St. Northridge, then returning home and losing 66-48 to Pacific.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 11-5, 0-2 Confrence USA. Not a good start to conference play for the Miners, who lost 83-69 at home to Memphis then lost 89-80 at Tulsa.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-10, 2-5 Horizon. The Ramblers made the Wisconsin trip this week, losing 81-58 at Milwaukee and 75-69 at Green Bay.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 9-8, 5-3 Horizon. The Raiders lost 2 tough road games this week: 83-69 at Valparaiso and 65-63 at Butler.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 11-7, 4-3 MVC. The Braves got 2 home wins this week, 79-49 over Drake and 60-46 over Missouri St.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 3-15, 1-6 MVC. The Aces lost 2 home games this week, 70-33 to Missouri St. and 66-60 to Drake.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 6-11, 3-4 MVC. The Redbirds lost 2 home games this week: 61-56 to Indiana St. and 86-71 to Creighton.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 10-7, 4-3 MVC. The Panthers had 2 road wins this week. First a non-conference win at Arkansas St. 59-41, then an 80-78 overtime win over Wichita St.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 15-1, 2-1 Mountain West. The winning streak is over for the Cougars, who lost 95-82 at Air Force. They've started a new winning streak though by returning home and beating New Mexico 90-84 to end the week.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 4-13, 0-6 Northeast. The struggles continue for the Bulldogs who lost 51-42 at Robert Morris then returned home and lost to Central Connecticut St. 47-38.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 8-8, 6-0 Southern. The Wildcats continue to roll, beat Elon 103-72 in a home game, then going to Western Carolina and winning 84-49.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 5-12, 1-2 WAC. It was a road split this week for the Warriors, but not the way you would expect. They lost 50-40 to a 5 win Idaho team, then beat a 12 win Fresno St. team 60-51.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (31) 17-0 1759 2 Big 12 Conference 2. Kentucky (41) 16-0 1757 1 Southeastern Conference 3. Michigan State 16-1 1659 3 Big Ten Conference 4. Kansas 16-1 1565 7 Big 12 Conference 5. Florida 15-0 1513 5 Southeastern Conference 6. Oklahoma State 17-0 1466 6 Big 12 Conference 7. Memphis 15-1 1347 10 Conference USA 8. Notre Dame 14-2 1227 17 Big East Conference 9. Wake Forest 16-1 1197 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Wisconsin 16-1 1190 12 Big Ten Conference 11. Maryland 16-1 1069 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Oklahoma 15-2 1061 9 Big 12 Conference 13. Xavier 14-3 911 18 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. West Virginia 14-2 835 19 Big East Conference 15. Connecticut 15-2 831 4 Big East Conference 16. Arizona 15-3 692 21 Pacific-10 Conference 17. Villanova 14-2 650 14 Big East Conference 18. Brigham Young 15-1 569 13 Mountain West Conference 19. North Carolina State 14-2 523 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. Tennessee 14-2 360 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Creighton 13-4 240 NR Missouri Valley Conference 22. Miami-Ohio 15-1 216 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Gonzaga 16-3 210 NR West Coast Conference 24. Utah State 14-2 203 NR Western Athletic Conference 25. Butler 15-2 127 NR Horizon League Others Receiving Votes: Miami 16-1 57 Atlantic Coast Conference Pittsburgh 12-4 52 Big East Conference Virginia 14-2 48 Atlantic Coast Conference Syracuse 12-3 18 Big East Conference Utah 14-2 16 Mountain West Conference Vanderbilt 12-3 11 Southeastern Conference VCU 15-2 11 Colonial Athletic Association Richmond 14-2 5 Atlantic 10 Conference Louisville 12-4 2 Big East Conference UNLV 15-2 2 Mountain West Conference Purdue 15-3 1 Big Ten Conference

No big surprise to see BYU drop a few spots after their first loss of the season.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 15-1 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 14-3 1720 3 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Brigham Young 15-1 1642 2 Mountain West Conference 4. Creighton 13-4 1488 9 Missouri Valley Conference 5. Butler 15-2 1446 7 Horizon League 6. Utah State 14-2 1440 4 Western Athletic Conference 7. Gonzaga 16-3 1426 8 West Coast Conference 8. Utah 14-2 1283 10 Mountain West Conference 9. VCU 15-2 1162 5 Colonial Athletic Association 10. Richmond 14-2 1141 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 11. UNLV 15-2 1096 14 Mountain West Conference 12. Miami-Ohio 15-1 1095 11 Mid-American Conference 13. San Diego State 14-2 963 6 Mountain West Conference 14. Western Kentucky 16-2 901 12 Sun Belt Conference 15. Saint Joseph's 15-1 836 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Tulsa 13-2 679 19 Conference USA 17. Dayton 11-5 654 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Nevada 13-4 566 22 Western Athletic Conference 19. Oakland 15-2 526 21 Summit League 20. Old Dominion 13-5 428 NR Colonial Athletic Association 21. Southern Illinois 14-4 277 17 Missouri Valley Conference 22. UTEP 11-5 254 18 Conference USA 23. New Mexico State 12-4 147 NR Western Athletic Conference 24. Winthrop 15-4 140 23 Big South Conference 25. Montana 14-4 111 NR Big Sky Conference Others Receiving Votes: Temple 11-5 47 Atlantic 10 Conference Central Florida 11-4 40 Conference USA Houston 12-4 35 Conference USA Western Michigan 12-4 19 Mid-American Conference Siena 14-5 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Santa Clara 13-4 9 West Coast Conference George Washington 10-4 6 Atlantic 10 Conference Kent State 11-5 4 Mid-American Conference Massachusetts 11-4 3 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego 12-4 1 West Coast Conference

BYU lost their 3 first place votes in the mid-major poll and dropped a spot. UTEP dropped 4 spots after their 0-2 week.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #29
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 16-22, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 7-14, 3-5 America East. The Hawks split this week, first winning 59-55 at Stony Brook, then losing at home to UMBC 57-53.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-13, 4-4 America East. The Black Bears split 2 home games this week, losing 80-71 to UMBC and beating New Hampshire 70-47.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 11-7, 3-1 Atlantic Ten. 2 more wins this week for the Billikens. First a 73-50 win at Duquesne and then returning home to beat LaSalle 72-52.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-10, 1-3 Big 12. 2 road losses this week for the Buffaloes, first a tough non-conference loss at Creighton 65-64, then returning to conference play and losing at Kansas St. 64-47.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 4-16, 3-6 Big South. The Panthers split 2 road games this week, losing 60-44 at Gardner Webb and winning 63-59 at UNC Asheville.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 1-17, 1-4 Big West. The Mustangs and coach St. John have their first win after winning at UC Irvine 59-38, then they returned home and lost 69-45 to Long Beach St.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 13-5, 2-2 Conference USA. The Miners beat Tulane at home 86-57, then travelled to Central Florida and won 79-56.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-12, 2-7 Horizon. 2 home losses for the Ramblers this week, losing 66-49 to Valparaiso and 87-58 to Butler.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 11-9, 5-4 Horizon. 3 games this week for the Raiders, the first 2 being non-conference home games. A 65-37 win against Central Michigan and a 72-48 win against Columbia. Then a 68-67 loss at Detroit as they get back into conference play.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 12-8, 5-4 MVC. A road split for the Braves as they won 78-69 at Northern Iowa then lost 63-40 at Wichita St.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 3-17, 1-8 MVC. 2 road losses for the Aces this week: 71-52 at Wichita St. and 66-50 at Northern Iowa.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 7-12, 4-5 MVC. A road split for the Redbirds this week, as they lost 60-32 at Missouri St. but rebounded to win 61-45 at Drake.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 11-8, 5-4 MVC. A home split for the Panthers, as they lost 78-69 to Bradley but won 66-50 against Evansville.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 17-1, 4-1 Mountain West. 2 more wins for the Cougars this week as they hosted Wyoming and won 82-63 then travelled to San Diego St. and won 98-95 in overtime.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 4-15, 0-8 Northeast. The Bulldogs continue to be winless in conference play, this week losing 2 home games: 56-47 to Sacred Heart and 64-44 to Mt. St. Marys.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 10-8, 8-0 Southern. The Wildcats stay undefeated in conference play and now have a winning record after a 96-56 home win over UNC Greensboro and a 75-63 home win over Wofford.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 6-13, 2-3 WAC. A home split for the Warriors as they lost 68-65 to New Mexico St. and beat Louisiana Tech 71-55.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (69) 19-0 1797 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Michigan State 18-1 1718 3 Big Ten Conference 3. Florida (3) 17-0 1646 5 Southeastern Conference 4. Kansas 18-1 1607 4 Big 12 Conference 5. Maryland 18-1 1465 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. Memphis 17-1 1443 7 Conference USA 7. Oklahoma State 18-1 1374 6 Big 12 Conference 8. Kentucky 18-0 1325 2 Southeastern Conference 9. Wisconsin 17-2 1220 10 Big Ten Conference 10. Arizona 16-3 1051 16 Pacific-10 Conference 11. Oklahoma 16-3 1001 12 Big 12 Conference 12. Wake Forest 17-2 978 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Connecticut 16-3 972 15 Big East Conference 14. Notre Dame 15-3 920 8 Big East Conference 15. Tennessee 16-2 753 20 Southeastern Conference 16. Xavier 16-3 739 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Brigham Young 17-1 728 18 Mountain West Conference 18. Pittsburgh 14-4 602 NR Big East Conference 19. Gonzaga 18-3 480 23 West Coast Conference 20. West Virginia 15-3 331 14 Big East Conference 21. North Carolina State 15-3 301 19 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Utah State 16-2 266 24 Western Athletic Conference 23. Villanova 15-3 257 17 Big East Conference 24. Marquette 14-4 226 NR Big East Conference 25. Miami-Ohio 16-2 46 22 Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: Utah 16-2 41 Mountain West Conference Georgetown 13-4 31 Big East Conference Richmond 16-2 27 Atlantic 10 Conference Purdue 17-3 20 Big Ten Conference Saint Joseph's 17-1 20 Atlantic 10 Conference Miami 17-2 11 Atlantic Coast Conference Butler 16-3 2 Horizon League Creighton 15-4 2 Missouri Valley Conference

BYU is still our only representative in the AP Top 25, as the Cougars move up 1 spot.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 17-1 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 16-3 1712 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Brigham Young 17-1 1642 3 Mountain West Conference 4. Gonzaga 18-3 1600 7 West Coast Conference 5. Utah State 16-2 1512 6 Western Athletic Conference 6. Creighton 15-4 1336 4 Missouri Valley Conference 7. Utah 16-2 1334 8 Mountain West Conference 8. Butler 16-3 1320 5 Horizon League 9. Richmond 16-2 1281 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. UNLV 16-3 1148 11 Mountain West Conference 11. Saint Joseph's 17-1 1071 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 12. Miami-Ohio 16-2 1027 12 Mid-American Conference 13. Western Kentucky 18-2 921 14 Sun Belt Conference 14. San Diego State 15-3 915 13 Mountain West Conference 15. VCU 17-2 786 9 Colonial Athletic Association 16. Dayton 12-6 644 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Nevada 15-4 608 18 Western Athletic Conference 18. Tulsa 14-3 605 16 Conference USA 19. Old Dominion 15-5 587 20 Colonial Athletic Association 20. Siena 16-5 386 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 21. UTEP 13-5 322 22 Conference USA 22. Southern Illinois 16-4 315 21 Missouri Valley Conference 23. Oakland 16-3 229 19 Summit League 24. New Mexico State 14-4 141 23 Western Athletic Conference 25. Winthrop 17-4 92 24 Big South Conference Others Receiving Votes: Montana 16-4 24 Big Sky Conference Western Michigan 13-4 17 Mid-American Conference Massachusetts 13-4 14 Atlantic 10 Conference Houston 13-5 5 Conference USA Marshall 13-5 4 Conference USA Bowling Green 13-5 1 Mid-American Conference Middle Tennessee 16-5 1 Sun Belt Conference

The Cougars stand pat at #3 in the mid-major poll while UTEP moves up a spot.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #30
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 23-29, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 7-16, 3-7 America East. 2 road losses for the Hawks: 48-36 at Binghamton and 59-53 at Albany.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 7-14, 4-5 America East. Just 1 game for the Black Bears this week, a 60-52 loss at Boston U.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 12-8, 4-2 Atlantic Ten. A home split for the Billikens, who beat Duquesne 77-66 and lost to Temple 63-61.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-12, 1-5 Big 12. 2 blowouts this week for the Buffaloes, who lost 70-56 at Nebraska then returned home and lost 98-70 to #1 and undefeated Texas.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 4-18, 3-8 Big South. The Panthers had 2 home losses this week, 51-49 to Presbyterian and 85-51 to Winthrop.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 3-17, 3-4 Big West. Don't look now but the Mustangs are arriving! First a 68-58 win at UC Santa Barbara, then returning home to beat UC Davis 47-42.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 15-5, 4-2 Conference USA. 2 more wins for the Miners, both at home. First a 69-60 win over Central Florida and a 70-58 win over ECU.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 7-14, 2-8 Horizon. The Ramblers travelled to Wisconsin for a non-conference showdown and got hammered 84-52, then returned home for conference play, losing 78-76 to Illinois-Chicago.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 12-10, 6-5 Horizon. The Raiders split their home games this week, beating Youngstown St. 55-47 and losing 76-53 to Cleveland St.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 13-9, 6-5 MVC. The Braves had 2 close games this week, losing 81-75 at Illinois St. then winning 70-68 at Southern Illinois.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 3-19, 1-10 MVC. 2 more road losses for the Aces, who lost 65-50 at Southern Illinois and 84-45 at Illinois St.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 9-12, 6-5 MVC. A good week for the Redbirds, who won 2 home games, first 81-75 against Bradley then 84-45 against Evansville.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 12-9, 6-5 MVC. A road split for the Panthers as they won at Indiana St. 61-41 then lost at Creighton 89-65.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 19-1, 6-1 Mountain West. 2 more wins this week for the Cougars as they won 101-68 at Colorado St. then returned home to beat UNLV 87-79.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 5-16, 1-9 Northeast. 2 home games this week for the Bulldogs, as they get their first conference win by beating St. Francis-NY 53-39, then dropped a tough one to Robert Morris 59-55.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) - 10-10, 8-2 Southern. The run is over for the Wildcats as they lost both their games this week, first 89-67 at College of Charleston, then 69-59 at Wofford.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 7-14, 3-4 WAC. A road split for the Warriors who lost 89-72 at Nevada but went to San Jose St. and hammered them 100-61.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (72) 21-0 1800 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Kansas 20-1 1728 4 Big 12 Conference 3. Michigan State 19-2 1621 2 Big Ten Conference 4. Florida 18-1 1547 3 Southeastern Conference 5. Maryland 20-1 1515 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. Memphis 19-1 1437 6 Conference USA 7. Oklahoma State 20-1 1395 7 Big 12 Conference 8. Wisconsin 19-2 1247 9 Big Ten Conference 9. Arizona 18-3 1243 10 Pacific-10 Conference 10. Kentucky 20-0 1204 8 Southeastern Conference 11. Wake Forest 19-2 1087 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Tennessee 18-2 957 15 Southeastern Conference 13. Connecticut 17-4 933 13 Big East Conference 14. Notre Dame 16-4 868 14 Big East Conference 15. North Carolina State 17-3 704 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. Xavier 17-4 687 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Brigham Young 19-1 652 17 Mountain West Conference 18. Pittsburgh 15-5 541 18 Big East Conference 19. Villanova 17-3 469 23 Big East Conference 20. Oklahoma 16-5 468 11 Big 12 Conference 21. Utah State 18-2 421 22 Western Athletic Conference 22. Gonzaga 19-4 304 19 West Coast Conference 23. Georgetown 15-4 173 NR Big East Conference 24. Marquette 15-5 122 24 Big East Conference 25. Utah 18-2 85 NR Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Richmond 18-2 71 Atlantic 10 Conference West Virginia 16-4 55 Big East Conference Miami-Ohio 18-2 29 Mid-American Conference Louisville 15-5 21 Big East Conference Creighton 16-5 7 Missouri Valley Conference Saint Joseph's 19-1 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Miami 18-3 1 Atlantic Coast Conference Western Kentucky 20-2 1 Sun Belt Conference

No change in the AP top 25, BYU stays at #17 and no other FOFC teams got a vote.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 19-1 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 17-4 1710 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Brigham Young 19-1 1645 3 Mountain West Conference 4. Gonzaga 19-4 1550 4 West Coast Conference 5. Utah State 18-2 1541 5 Western Athletic Conference 6. Creighton 16-5 1397 6 Missouri Valley Conference 7. Richmond 18-2 1377 9 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Utah 18-2 1339 7 Mountain West Conference 9. Butler 17-4 1236 8 Horizon League 10. Miami-Ohio 18-2 1044 12 Mid-American Conference 11. UNLV 16-5 1015 10 Mountain West Conference 12. Western Kentucky 20-2 1008 13 Sun Belt Conference 13. Saint Joseph's 19-1 992 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Dayton 13-7 837 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Old Dominion 17-5 820 19 Colonial Athletic Association 16. San Diego State 16-4 755 14 Mountain West Conference 17. Nevada 17-4 671 17 Western Athletic Conference 18. VCU 18-3 551 15 Colonial Athletic Association 19. UTEP 15-5 516 21 Conference USA 20. Siena 18-5 505 20 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 21. Tulsa 14-5 307 18 Conference USA 22. Bradley 13-9 187 NR Missouri Valley Conference 23. Southern Illinois 17-5 157 22 Missouri Valley Conference 24. Winthrop 19-4 137 25 Big South Conference 25. Temple 13-7 98 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Oakland 17-3 62 Summit League New Mexico 12-9 29 Mountain West Conference Montana 17-4 27 Big Sky Conference Western Michigan 15-4 19 Mid-American Conference Marshall 15-5 13 Conference USA New Mexico State 14-5 12 Western Athletic Conference Belmont 16-5 11 Atlantic Sun Conference College of Charleston 14-5 9 Southern Conference Vermont 18-5 8 America East Conference Bowling Green 15-5 5 Mid-American Conference UAB 12-6 5 Conference USA Kent State 14-6 4 Mid-American Conference Houston 14-6 1 Conference USA

Let's welcome the Bradley Braves to the mid-major top 25. Not sure how that happened since they didn't even receive a vote in last weeks mid-major poll, but congrats to Alex Donovan none the less.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #31
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Jan. 30-Feb. 6, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 7-18, 3-9 America East. The losing streak is now 5 for the Hawks, who this week lost 56-51 at home to Maine, then lost 69-56 at Vermont.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 9-15, 5-6 America East. The Black Bears had 3 games this week, opening with a home non-conference game, beating Harvard 68-64. Then they travelled to Hartford and beat them 56-51, but lost a heartbreaker at Stony Brook, 55-53.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 14-8, 6-2 Atlantic Ten. 2 dominating wins for the Billikens this week, a 62-49 home win against GW, then a 63-24 win at Rhode Island.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-14, 1-7 Big 12. 2 more losses this week for the Buffaloes, a 66-54 loss at home to Iowa St., then a 75-59 loss at Kansas.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 4-19, 3-9 Big South. Just 1 game this week for the Panthers, a 56-36 loss at Radford.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 4-18, 4-5 Big West. A split this week for the Mustangs, as they stayed home to defeat UC Riverside 53-40, but lost 56-45 at Cal St. Fullerton.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 16-6, 5-3 Conference USA. A split this week for the Miners, who won 69-54 at SMU, then lost a heartbreaker at home to Marshall, 77-76.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 8-15, 3-9 Horizon. A road split for the Ramblers this week, as they won 70-49 at Youngstown St. but lost 74-41 at Cleveland St.

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 13-11, 7-6 Horizon. A road split for the Raiders, who lost 74-66 at Milwaukee, but recovered to win 72-64 at Green Bay.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 14-10, 7-6 MVC. A home split for the Braves, who lost to Creighton 73-65 but hammered Indiana St. 74-37.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 4-20, 2-11 MVC. The Aces stayed home for 2 games this week, beating Indiana St. 60-58 but losing 79-47 to Creighton.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 11-12, 7-5 MVC. The Redbirds took a short break from MVC play to host SIU Edwardsville and beat them 55-40, then jumped back into conference play, winning at Southern Illinois 68-66.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 14-9, 8-5 MVC. 2 good home wins for the Panthers, as they beat Missouri St. 63-45 and beat Drake 61-46.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 21-1, 8-1 Mountain West. 2 more wins for the Cougars this week, first a tough 94-91 win at home against Utah, then an easier 67-47 win at TCU.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 6-17, 2-10 Northeast. The Bulldogs split this week, winning at home against Long Island 48-46 and losing at Mt. St. Marys 55-46.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 12-10, 10-2 Southern. The Wildcats got back on the right path this week, hosting Samford and winning 84-73, then travelling to Elon and winning 63-45.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 7-15, 3-5 WAC. Just 1 game this week for the Warriors, who battled but lost a home game to Utah St. 79-72.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (61) 22-1 1789 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Michigan State (4) 21-2 1723 3 Big Ten Conference 3. Florida (7) 20-1 1625 4 Southeastern Conference 4. Kansas 21-2 1608 2 Big 12 Conference 5. Oklahoma State 22-1 1533 7 Big 12 Conference 6. Arizona 20-3 1369 9 Pacific-10 Conference 7. Kentucky 20-2 1360 10 Southeastern Conference 8. Maryland 21-2 1358 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Memphis 20-2 1222 6 Conference USA 10. Notre Dame 18-4 1078 14 Big East Conference 11. North Carolina State 19-3 1022 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Wisconsin 19-3 992 8 Big Ten Conference 13. Wake Forest 20-3 923 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Connecticut 19-4 795 13 Big East Conference 15. Tennessee 20-2 768 12 Southeastern Conference 16. Villanova 19-3 722 19 Big East Conference 17. Xavier 18-5 690 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Brigham Young 21-1 656 17 Mountain West Conference 19. Oklahoma 18-5 585 20 Big 12 Conference 20. Marquette 17-5 390 24 Big East Conference 21. Pittsburgh 16-6 367 18 Big East Conference 22. Gonzaga 20-4 235 22 West Coast Conference 23. Utah State 19-3 161 21 Western Athletic Conference 24. Miami-Ohio 20-2 145 NR Mid-American Conference 25. West Virginia 17-5 145 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Creighton 18-5 52 Missouri Valley Conference Western Kentucky 22-2 47 Sun Belt Conference Richmond 19-3 10 Atlantic 10 Conference Butler 19-4 8 Horizon League Georgetown 16-5 7 Big East Conference Miami 20-3 5 Atlantic Coast Conference Utah 19-3 5 Mountain West Conference Vanderbilt 16-5 5 Southeastern Conference

Despite continuing to win, BYU slips another spot in the polls. Unbelievable!

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 20-2 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 18-5 1718 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Brigham Young 21-1 1665 3 Mountain West Conference 4. Gonzaga 20-4 1541 4 West Coast Conference 5. Creighton 18-5 1488 6 Missouri Valley Conference 6. Utah State 19-3 1463 5 Western Athletic Conference 7. Butler 19-4 1320 9 Horizon League 8. Richmond 19-3 1293 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Western Kentucky 22-2 1232 12 Sun Belt Conference 10. Utah 19-3 1206 8 Mountain West Conference 11. Miami-Ohio 20-2 1095 10 Mid-American Conference 12. UNLV 17-5 959 11 Mountain West Conference 13. San Diego State 18-4 856 16 Mountain West Conference 14. Saint Joseph's 20-2 833 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Nevada 19-4 811 17 Western Athletic Conference 16. Dayton 15-7 773 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Old Dominion 18-6 666 15 Colonial Athletic Association 18. VCU 20-3 635 18 Colonial Athletic Association 19. UTEP 16-6 496 19 Conference USA 20. Tulsa 16-5 413 21 Conference USA 21. Siena 18-6 348 20 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Temple 15-7 231 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 23. Winthrop 21-4 166 24 Big South Conference 24. Saint Louis 14-8 102 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 25. Marshall 17-5 63 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Bradley 14-10 60 Missouri Valley Conference Montana 19-4 50 Big Sky Conference Western Michigan 17-4 44 Mid-American Conference Southern Illinois 18-6 27 Missouri Valley Conference College of Charleston 16-5 15 Southern Conference Vermont 20-5 13 America East Conference Oakland 18-4 10 Summit League Houston 16-6 4 Conference USA New Mexico State 15-6 2 Western Athletic Conference Middle Tennessee 19-6 1 Sun Belt Conference Wichita State 17-7 1 Missouri Valley Conference

We welcome St. Louis into the mid-major top 25, making 4 of our FOFC coached teams receiving votes in this poll. Bradley loses their spot in the top 25 but is still right in the thick of things.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #32
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 6-12, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 8-18, 4-9 8th America East. 1 game this week for the Hawks, a 61-43 victory at home against Stony Brook.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 10-16, 6-7 6th America East. A split this week for the Black Bears, as they hosted Albany and lost 68-60, then won at UMBC 67-46.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 16-8, 8-2 T-2nd Atlantic Ten. 2 wins this week for the Billikens, who won 97-57 at St. Bonvanture and then returned home to beat Dayton 81-73.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 8-16, 1-9 12th (last) Big 12. 2 more losses this week for the Buffaloes, first a home loss to Texas A&M 87-67, then a 69-59 loss at Baylor.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 6-19, 5-9 7th Big South. A couple nice road wins for the Panthers this week, a 59-58 win at VMI and a 65-53 win at Liberty.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 5-18, 5-5 T-6th Big West. Just 1 game for the Mustangs this week, a home game against Cal St. Northridge in which they won 72-64.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 17-7, 6-4 T-4th Conference USA. The Miners split this week, hosting Tulsa and losing 79-62, then winning at Rice 78-68.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 9-16, 4-10 8th Horizon. The Ramblers stayed home for 2 games this week, losing 71-60 to Green Bay but beating Milwaukee 57-47.

Wright State (Shane Korme) -- 15-11, 9-6 T-4th Horizon. 2 solid home wins this week for the Raiders who hammered Butler 75-50 then beat Valparaiso 52-50.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 16-10, 9-6 3rd MVC. 2 road wins for the Braves this week, as they beat Missouri St. 67-55 then totally dismantled Drake 104-48.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 5-21, 3-12 9th MVC. 2 road games for the Aces this week, as they beat Drake 50-42 but lost to Missouri St. 57-49.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 11-14, 7-7 T-5th MVC. Not a good week for the Redbirds who lost 2 road games: 78-51 at Creighton and 67-59 at Indiana St.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 14-10, 8-6 4th MVC. Just 1 game this week for the Panthers, a 72-62 home loss to Wichita St.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 22-2, 9-1 1st Mountain West. The Cougars started the week with a 77-71 non-conference loss at Pacific, a very damaging loss. They returned home for conference action, beating Air Force 94-67.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 7-18, 3-11 T-9th Northeast. A road split for the Bulldogs this week, as they won at Quinnipiac 67-61 but lost at Monmouth 53-45.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 14-10, 12-2 T-1st in South Division of Southern Conference. 2 home wins this week for the Wildcats, as they beat Furman 74-51 then edged Western Carolina 49-48.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 9-15, 5-5 5th WAC. A great week for the Warriors, who won 75-65 at Boise St. then returned home to beat Idaho 51-48 in overtime.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (72) 24-1 1800 1 Big 12 Conference 2. Kansas 23-2 1709 4 Big 12 Conference 3. Oklahoma State 24-1 1669 5 Big 12 Conference 4. Michigan State 22-3 1555 2 Big Ten Conference 5. Florida 21-2 1529 3 Southeastern Conference 6. Arizona 22-3 1409 6 Pacific-10 Conference 7. Kentucky 22-2 1401 7 Southeastern Conference 8. Memphis 22-2 1306 9 Conference USA 9. Maryland 22-3 1226 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Notre Dame 19-5 1084 10 Big East Conference 11. Villanova 20-4 960 16 Big East Conference 12. Xavier 20-5 945 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 13. North Carolina State 20-4 882 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Wake Forest 21-4 845 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Tennessee 21-3 693 15 Southeastern Conference 16. Marquette 19-5 681 20 Big East Conference 17. Connecticut 20-5 672 14 Big East Conference 18. Pittsburgh 18-6 654 21 Big East Conference 19. Brigham Young 22-2 473 18 Mountain West Conference 20. Gonzaga 22-4 413 22 West Coast Conference 21. West Virginia 19-5 386 25 Big East Conference 22. Oklahoma 18-6 266 19 Big 12 Conference 23. Georgetown 18-5 242 NR Big East Conference 24. Miami-Ohio 22-2 207 24 Mid-American Conference 25. Wisconsin 19-5 134 12 Big Ten Conference Others Receiving Votes: Utah State 20-3 86 Western Athletic Conference Western Kentucky 24-2 68 Sun Belt Conference Creighton 20-5 57 Missouri Valley Conference Miami 22-3 20 Atlantic Coast Conference Richmond 21-3 14 Atlantic 10 Conference Utah 21-3 14 Mountain West Conference

Not surprising that the loss to Pacific knocked BYU down a spot, a little surprised that either UTEP or St. Louis aren't receiving votes though.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 22-2 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 20-5 1727 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Gonzaga 22-4 1611 4 West Coast Conference 4. Brigham Young 22-2 1568 3 Mountain West Conference 5. Creighton 20-5 1546 5 Missouri Valley Conference 6. Utah State 20-3 1430 6 Western Athletic Conference 7. Richmond 21-3 1354 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 8. Utah 21-3 1288 10 Mountain West Conference 9. Western Kentucky 24-2 1226 9 Sun Belt Conference 10. Miami-Ohio 22-2 1138 11 Mid-American Conference 11. Butler 20-5 1133 7 Horizon League 12. San Diego State 20-4 947 13 Mountain West Conference 13. Nevada 21-4 929 15 Western Athletic Conference 14. UNLV 18-6 837 12 Mountain West Conference 15. Saint Joseph's 21-3 764 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Old Dominion 20-6 742 17 Colonial Athletic Association 17. VCU 22-3 663 18 Colonial Athletic Association 18. Dayton 16-8 641 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Tulsa 18-5 521 20 Conference USA 20. Temple 17-7 383 22 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. UTEP 17-7 345 19 Conference USA 22. Winthrop 23-4 223 23 Big South Conference 23. Saint Louis 16-8 169 24 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Marshall 19-5 147 25 Conference USA 25. Bradley 16-10 91 NR Missouri Valley Conference Others Receiving Votes: Montana 21-4 75 Big Sky Conference Oakland 20-4 38 Summit League Siena 18-8 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Western Michigan 18-5 15 Mid-American Conference Vermont 22-5 11 America East Conference Middle Tennessee 21-6 7 Sun Belt Conference Wichita State 19-7 6 Missouri Valley Conference College of Charleston 17-6 4 Southern Conference Bowling Green 18-6 3 Mid-American Conference New Mexico State 16-7 1 Western Athletic Conference

BYU and UTEP drop, St. Louis gains a spot, and welcome back to the mid-major top 25 Bradley! Coach Donovan has to be enjoying this go around of the dynasty, as opposed to the first one where the Braves had to fight to stay out of the play-in round every season.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #33
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Cal Poly's starting to turn things around... just like St. John told them they would.

And St. Louis is getting hot at the right time... watch out, A-10 tournament!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #34
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 13-19, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 9-19, 5-10 T-7th America East. A split this week for the Hawks, both at home, first losing 65-52 to Boston U then beating Binghamton 62-59 in overtime.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 11-17, 7-8 T-5th America East. A home split for the Black Bears, who lost 79-70 to Vermont but beat Boston U 64-54.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 16-10, 8-4 5th Atlantic Ten. Not a good week for the Billikens, who lost 81-70 at Richmond then returned home and lost 73-62 to St. Josephs. Not that I'm defending St. Louis, because you gotta win the big games, but those 2 teams have a combined 6 losses all season.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 9-17, 2-10 last (12th) Big 12. A split this week for the Buffaloes, who lost 77-58 at Iowa St., then returned home and beat Kansas St. 71-68.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 6-21, 5-11 T-7th Big South. 2 losses for the Panthers this week, both at home. A 64-47 loss to UNC Asheville and a 67-59 loss to Gardner Webb.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 5-20, 5-7 7th Big West. 2 road losses for the Mustangs this week, a 61-45 loss at Long Beach St. and a 75-56 loss at Pacific.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 19-7, 8-4 T-3rd Conference USA. A couple nice wins this week for the Miners. First a 70-53 home win against Houston, then a 55-27 thrashing at ECU.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 10-17, 5-11 8th Horizon. A road split for the Ramblers, who upset Butler 70-69, then fell flat against Valparaiso 73-45.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 16-11, 10-6 5th Horizon. Just 1 game this week for the Raiders, a 75-74 home win against Detroit.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 18-10, 11-6 3rd MVC. 2 close home wins this week, first a 79-77 win against Wichita St. then a 78-72 win over Northern Iowa.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 5-23, 3-14 9th MVC. The Aces are locked into the play-in round of the MVC tournament after 2 tough home losses this week. First an 81-80 loss to Northern Iowa then a 73-60 loss to Wichita St.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 12-15, 8-8 T-5th MVC. A home split this week for the Redbirds, who lost 59-51 against Drake but beat Missouri St. 66-58.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 15-11, 9-7 4th MVC. A road split for the Panthers this week, first an 81-80 win at Evansville then a 78-72 loss at Bradley.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 23-3, 10-2 1st Mountain West. A road split for the Cougars this week, as they lost 92-73 at New Mexico then won 92-70 at Wyoming.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 7-20, 3-13 11th Northeast. 2 more losses for the Bulldogs, a 50-43 loss at Central Connecticut, then a 64-52 home loss to Fairleigh Dickinson.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 16-10, 14-2 1st in South Division of Southern Conference. The wins keep on coming for the Wildcats, who won 88-42 at Citadel and 85-69 at Appalachian St.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 10-16, 6-6 5th WAC. A split this week for the Warriors, who lost at home 67-64 to Fresno St., then won 70-68 at New Mexico St.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kansas (57) 25-2 1785 2 Big 12 Conference 2. Texas (15) 26-1 1743 1 Big 12 Conference 3. Oklahoma State 25-2 1656 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Michigan State 24-3 1574 4 Big Ten Conference 5. Memphis 24-2 1504 8 Conference USA 6. Kentucky 24-2 1456 7 Southeastern Conference 7. Maryland 24-3 1363 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Arizona 22-4 1269 6 Pacific-10 Conference 9. Florida 22-3 1227 5 Southeastern Conference 10. Wake Forest 23-4 1113 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Pittsburgh 20-6 1013 18 Big East Conference 12. Utah State 22-3 1010 NR Western Athletic Conference 13. Notre Dame 20-6 882 10 Big East Conference 14. West Virginia 21-5 797 21 Big East Conference 15. Georgetown 20-5 740 23 Big East Conference 16. Connecticut 21-6 652 17 Big East Conference 17. Tennessee 23-3 610 15 Southeastern Conference 18. North Carolina State 21-5 589 13 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Xavier 21-6 517 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Wisconsin 21-5 465 25 Big Ten Conference 21. Creighton 22-5 352 NR Missouri Valley Conference 22. Marquette 20-6 288 16 Big East Conference 23. Brigham Young 23-3 259 19 Mountain West Conference 24. Western Kentucky 26-2 218 NR Sun Belt Conference 25. Gonzaga 23-5 124 20 West Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Miami 24-3 77 Atlantic Coast Conference Miami-Ohio 23-3 77 Mid-American Conference Richmond 23-3 20 Atlantic 10 Conference Villanova 21-5 19 Big East Conference Utah 22-4 1 Mountain West Conference

That BYU loss knocked them down 4 spots.. Whew, tough pollsters!

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 24-2 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 21-6 1714 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Utah State 22-3 1662 6 Western Athletic Conference 4. Creighton 22-5 1572 5 Missouri Valley Conference 5. Brigham Young 23-3 1474 4 Mountain West Conference 6. Gonzaga 23-5 1452 3 West Coast Conference 7. Western Kentucky 26-2 1377 9 Sun Belt Conference 8. Richmond 23-3 1283 7 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Utah 22-4 1216 8 Mountain West Conference 10. Miami-Ohio 23-3 1095 10 Mid-American Conference 11. San Diego State 22-4 1038 12 Mountain West Conference 12. Butler 21-6 1022 11 Horizon League 13. Nevada 23-4 954 13 Western Athletic Conference 14. Saint Joseph's 23-3 899 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Old Dominion 22-6 800 16 Colonial Athletic Association 16. VCU 24-3 740 17 Colonial Athletic Association 17. UNLV 19-7 688 14 Mountain West Conference 18. Tulsa 19-6 527 19 Conference USA 19. Temple 19-7 486 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Dayton 17-9 476 18 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Winthrop 25-4 287 22 Big South Conference 22. UTEP 19-7 274 21 Conference USA 23. Bradley 18-10 262 25 Missouri Valley Conference 24. Siena 20-8 104 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 25. Montana 22-5 90 NR Big Sky Conference Others Receiving Votes: Middle Tennessee 23-6 29 Sun Belt Conference Saint Louis 16-10 23 Atlantic 10 Conference Vermont 23-5 21 America East Conference Oakland 21-5 16 Summit League Western Michigan 19-6 8 Mid-American Conference Marshall 19-7 3 Conference USA Santa Clara 20-6 3 West Coast Conference Belmont 20-7 2 Atlantic Sun Conference College of Charleston 18-7 2 Southern Conference Houston 18-8 1 Conference USA

St. Louis falls out of the mid-major top 25 after a 2 loss week, and Bradley moves up a couple spots.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #35
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 20-26, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 10-19, 6-10 7th America East. The Hawks ended their regular season with a 52-32 win at New Hampshire. They will be the 7th seed in the America East tourney.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- 12-17, 8-8 T-4th America East. The Black Bears ended their regular season with a 61-54 win at Binghamton. They will be the 5th seed in the America East tourney.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 18-10, 10-4 5th Atlantic Ten. 2 wins for the Billikens this week, a 71-54 home win against Charlotte and a 73-51 win at Fordham.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 10-18, 3-11 last (12th) Big 12. A split for the Buffaloes this week, who lost 85-63 at Missouri then returned home to beat Texas Tech 92-86 in overtime.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- 7-22, 6-12 7th Big South. The Panthers ended their regular season with a road split, losing 72-63 at Charleston Southern and winning 69-66 at Coastal Carolina. They will be the 7th seed in the Big South tourney.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 5-22, 5-9 7th Big West. The Mustangs lost 2 home games this week, losing 63-46 to UCSB and 58-51 to UC Irvine.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 20-8, 9-5 T-3rd Conference USA. A split this week for the Miners, who won at home against Southern Miss 75-51 then lost 75-67 at UAB.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- 12-17, 7-11 8th Horizon. The Ramblers finished their regular season with 2 tough home wins, first 84-78 over Wright St. and then 64-58 over Detroit. They will be the 8th seed in the Horizon tournament.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- 16-13, 10-8 T-5th Horizon. The Raiders finished their regular season on a sour note, losing 2 games on the road, first an 84-78 loss at Loyola Chicago, then an 86-82 loss to Illinois-Chicago. They will be the 6th seed in the Horizon tournament.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- 19-10, 12-6 3rd MVC. Only 1 game this week to finish the regular season for the Braves, a 78-39 win at home against Evansville. They will be the 3rd seed in the MVC tournament.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- 5-24, 3-15 9th MVC. The Aces finished their regular season losing 78-39 at Bradley and will be the 9th seed and in the play-in round of the MVC tournament.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- 13-16, 9-9 T-5th MVC. The Redbirds split their final 2 regular season games, losing 60-49 at Northern Iowa before winning 78-60 at Wichita St. They will be the 6th seed in the MVC tourney.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- 16-12, 10-8 4th MVC. The Panthers split their final 2 regular season games, both at home. They beat Illinois St. 60-49 before getting hammered 71-44 by Southern Illinois. They'll be the 4th seed in the MVC tourney.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 25-3, 12-2 1st Mountain West. 2 home wins this week for the Cougars, first a 79-76 win over San Diego St. then a 98-92 win over Colorado St.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- 9-20, 5-13 T-9th Northeast. The Bulldogs got 2 wins to finish the regular season, first a 69-56 home win against St. Francis-PA, then a nice 49-42 upset at Wagner. Unfortunately it wasn't enough, as the Northeast tourney only takes the top 8 teams, so sadly, Bryant has ended their season, but at least they finished it off with a win and hopefully will build some momentum for next season.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- 17-11, 15-3 1st in South Division of Southern Conference. The Wildcats split their last 2 games to finish the regular season. First a 72-64 home loss to Chattanooga, then a 70-56 win at Georgia Southern. They will be the top seed in the Southern tournament and have earned a first round bye.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 11-17, 7-7 5th WAC. The Warriors split their games this week, winning 77-70 at Louisiana Tech and then getting hammered at home 78-43 to Nevada.

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Texas (51) 28-1 1774 2 Big 12 Conference 2. Oklahoma State (13) 27-2 1725 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Memphis (5) 26-2 1619 5 Conference USA 4. Kentucky (3) 26-2 1617 6 Southeastern Conference 5. Kansas 25-4 1529 1 Big 12 Conference 6. Michigan State 25-3 1456 4 Big Ten Conference 7. Maryland 26-3 1358 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Florida 24-3 1293 9 Southeastern Conference 9. Tennessee 24-4 1203 17 Southeastern Conference 10. Wake Forest 25-4 1147 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Arizona 23-5 1053 8 Pacific-10 Conference 12. Georgetown 22-5 950 15 Big East Conference 13. North Carolina State 23-5 899 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 14. Xavier 23-6 864 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. West Virginia 23-5 793 14 Big East Conference 16. Wisconsin 23-5 724 20 Big Ten Conference 17. Pittsburgh 21-7 550 11 Big East Conference 18. Creighton 24-5 540 21 Missouri Valley Conference 19. Brigham Young 25-3 473 23 Mountain West Conference 20. Connecticut 22-7 367 16 Big East Conference 21. Western Kentucky 28-2 326 24 Sun Belt Conference 22. Utah State 23-4 325 12 Western Athletic Conference 23. Gonzaga 25-5 320 25 West Coast Conference 24. Miami-Ohio 25-3 172 NR Mid-American Conference 25. Villanova 23-5 102 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Oklahoma 20-8 97 Big 12 Conference Notre Dame 21-7 67 Big East Conference Miami 25-4 48 Atlantic Coast Conference VCU 26-3 7 Colonial Athletic Association Richmond 24-4 2 Atlantic 10 Conference

Good week for the Cougars who move up 4 spots in the AP Top 25.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 26-2 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 23-6 1727 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Creighton 24-5 1627 4 Missouri Valley Conference 4. Brigham Young 25-3 1531 5 Mountain West Conference 5. Gonzaga 25-5 1518 6 West Coast Conference 6. Utah State 23-4 1473 3 Western Athletic Conference 7. Western Kentucky 28-2 1380 7 Sun Belt Conference 8. Richmond 24-4 1229 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Miami-Ohio 25-3 1224 10 Mid-American Conference 10. Butler 23-6 1152 12 Horizon League 11. Utah 23-5 1077 9 Mountain West Conference 12. Nevada 24-4 1016 13 Western Athletic Conference 13. Old Dominion 24-6 884 15 Colonial Athletic Association 14. Saint Joseph's 24-4 802 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. VCU 26-3 792 16 Colonial Athletic Association 16. UNLV 21-7 757 17 Mountain West Conference 17. San Diego State 22-6 729 11 Mountain West Conference 18. Dayton 19-9 654 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Tulsa 20-7 497 18 Conference USA 20. Temple 20-8 393 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Winthrop 26-4 280 21 Big South Conference 22. Bradley 19-10 267 23 Missouri Valley Conference 23. Siena 22-8 225 24 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 24. Montana 24-5 134 25 Big Sky Conference 25. Saint Louis 18-10 72 NR Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Middle Tennessee 24-6 49 Sun Belt Conference Oakland 23-5 45 Summit League Vermont 24-5 21 America East Conference UTEP 20-8 16 Conference USA Western Michigan 21-6 14 Mid-American Conference Houston 20-8 12 Conference USA Marshall 20-8 3 Conference USA

The Billikens reenter the mid-major top 25, and UTEP is still getting some votes.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 01-18-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #36
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Feb. 27-March 4, 2012

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- The America East had their conference tourney this week, covered in the next post.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) -- Same as Hartford.

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) -- 19-11, 11-5 5th Atlantic Ten. The Billikens split 2 games to end the regular season, winning 75-67 at UMass, then dropping a 70-69 heartbreaker at home to Xavier. They'll be the 5th seed in the A-10 Tourney.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 10-20, 3-13 last (12th) Big 12. 2 more losses for the Buffaloes to finish the regular season, a 66-53 home loss to Nebraska and a 98-72 loss at Oklahoma. They'll be the 12th seed in the Big 12 tourney.

High Point (Roy Rogers) -- The Panthers played in the Big South tourney this week, covered in the next post.

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) -- 7-22, 7-9 T-6th Big West. The Mustangs won 2 road games to finish the regular season: A 47-37 win at UC Riverside and a 55-50 win at UC Davis. They'll be the 7th seed in the Big West tourney.

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) -- 21-9, 10-6 4th Conference USA. The Miners split their final 2 regular season games, winning 71-58 at Tulane and getting hammered 90-58 at Memphis. They'll be the 4th seed in the C-USA tourney and get a first round bye.

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) -- The Ramblers played in the Horizon tourney this week, covered in the next post.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) -- The Raiders also had the Horizon tourney this week.

Bradley (Alex Donovan) -- MVC had their tourney this week, covered next post.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) -- Also MVC.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) -- MVC.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) -- Our 4th and final MVC team.

BYU (Patrick Hutt) -- 26-4, 13-3 1st Mountain West. A road split to end the regular season for the Cougars, first an 85-80 loss at UNLV then an 81-78 loss at Utah. They'll be the top seed in the Mountain West tourney.

Bryant (Score Galore) -- No more games for Bryant who failed to qualify for the Northeast tourney.

Davidson (Randolph Childress) -- Playing in the Southern tournament, results next post.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 12-18, 8-8 5th WAC. The Warriors split their final 2 regular season games, winning 77-55 at home against San Jose St. and losing 93-81 at Utah St. They'll be the 5th seed in the WAC tourney.

No polls this week, as I fear that doing so will give away the results of some tournaments already played. I will have polls after the conference tournaments.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #37
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 Conference Tournaments

It's time to take a look at all the conference tournaments and see how our FOFC teams fared.

America East Tournament

Hartford (David Ginsberg) lost in the quarterfinals to (2) Vermont 58-38. Their season will no doubt be over with a 10-20 record.

Maine (Cillian O'Reilly) also lost in the quarterfinals to (4) Stony Brook 90-72. Their record is slightly better at 12-18, but they should be done for the season.

Atlantic Ten Tournament

St. Louis (Kuji Chagulia) beat (12) Rhode Island 64-56 in the first round, then in the quarterfinals lost to (4) St. Josephs 81-64. I would consider them on the bubble, but I have a feeling they'll sneak in as a seed between 7-10.

Big 12 Tournament

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) battled hard but lost in the quarterfinals 80-71 to (5) Oklahoma. They should be done for the season.

Big South Tournament

High Point (Roy Rogers) pulled an upset in the quarterfinals, beating (2) UNC Asheville 65-56. Their luck ran out in the semifinals, as they lost to (6) Coastal Carolina 66-51. Their 8-23 record means they'll be done for the season.

Big West Tournament

Cal Poly (DeShawn St. John) lost 61-54 to (6) Cal St. Fullerton in the first round. With a 7-23 record, their season is over.

Conference USA Tournament

UTEP (Jeeber Mack) lost to (5) Houston 68-57 in the quarterfinals. They should still be in the NCAA tournament, probably around an 8 or 9 seed.

Horizon Tournament

Loyola Chicago (Jawouk Bafou) beat (5) Valparaiso 59-54 in the first round then lost 62-47 to (4) Cleveland St. in the second round. They finish with a 13-18 record, not good enough for postseason play.

Wright St. (Shane Korme) hammered (7) Illinois-Chicago 82-56 in the first round then lost a tough one in the second round, 91-86 in overtime to (3) Milwaukee. With a 17-14 record, they may sneak into the CBI or CIT.

Missouri Valley Tournament

Bradley (Alex Donovan) beat (6) Illinois St. in the quarterfinals, then hammered (10) Drake 85-43 in the semifinals as Drake's luck ran out. In the MVC championship, the Braves beat (1) Creighton 73-65 to win the MVC tournament and get an auto bid to the NCAA tournament! I'd expect them to be a 10 or 11 seed.

Evansville (Ekeje Bafou) lost in the play-in round 69-46 to (8) Southern Illinois. With 5 wins on the season, they'll definitely be done.

Illinois St. (Timmy Tribble) lost 81-68 to (3) Bradley in the quarterfinals. Their disappointing 13-17 record means they will most likely be done.

Northern Iowa (Ernesto Lopez) lost 89-71 to (5) Missouri St. in the quarterfinals. With a 16-13 record, I think the NIT may pass on the Panthers, but I would expect to see them in the CBI.

Mountain West Tournament

BYU (Patrick Hutt) got by (9) TCU 81-74 in the quarterfinals, then escaped with a win 87-84 over (5) New Mexico in the semifinals, and in the MWC championship, absolutely blew away (3) San Diego St. 93-53 to become the second FOFC coach to win their conference tournament and get an NCAA auto-bid. With a 29-4 record, it would be a shame if they don't get a 3 or 4 seed, but I bet they slip down to a 5 or 6 seed since they aren't in a power conference.

Bryant (Score Galore) didn't qualify for the Northeast tournament so their season is over.

Southern Tournament

Davidson (Randolph Childress) beat (8) Western Carolina 75-59 in the quarterfinals, then beat (4) Appalachian St. 80-65 in the semifinals, and became our 3rd FOFC coach to gain an auto-bid by beat (3) Chattanooga 82-71 in the championship. A 13 or 14 seed is most likely for the Wildcats.

WAC Tournament

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) beat (4) New Mexico St. 82-73 in the quarterfinals then lost 82-62 to (1) Nevada in the semifinals. With a 13-19 record, they should be done for the season.

Here's a look at the final regular season polls:

Code:
Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Kentucky (66) 30-3 1794 5 Southeastern Conference 2. Memphis 31-2 1717 2 Conference USA 3. Texas (6) 30-3 1673 1 Big 12 Conference 4. Kansas 29-5 1582 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Michigan State 28-4 1504 4 Big Ten Conference 6. Maryland 29-4 1412 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Oklahoma State 27-5 1393 6 Big 12 Conference 8. Wake Forest 29-5 1261 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Oklahoma 26-8 1201 18 Big 12 Conference 10. Florida 26-4 1171 8 Southeastern Conference 11. Arizona 27-6 1013 12 Pacific-10 Conference 12. Villanova 28-5 998 21 Big East Conference 13. Xavier 27-7 874 11 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Georgetown 24-6 855 9 Big East Conference 15. Tennessee 26-7 809 13 Southeastern Conference 16. Pittsburgh 25-8 721 14 Big East Conference 17. Western Kentucky 31-2 624 20 Sun Belt Conference 18. Creighton 26-6 589 22 Missouri Valley Conference 19. Brigham Young 29-4 506 25 Mountain West Conference 20. Gonzaga 27-5 414 23 West Coast Conference 21. Utah State 27-5 288 19 Western Athletic Conference 22. West Virginia 24-7 264 15 Big East Conference 23. VCU 30-3 221 NR Colonial Athletic Association 24. North Carolina State 24-7 186 16 Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Marquette 24-9 98 NR Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Richmond 29-4 88 Atlantic 10 Conference Miami-Ohio 28-4 70 Mid-American Conference Nevada 29-4 22 Western Athletic Conference Wisconsin 24-7 22 Big Ten Conference Louisville 24-9 20 Big East Conference Connecticut 23-9 6 Big East Conference Miami 27-6 4 Atlantic Coast Conference

Great job by BYU to rise up, but being ranked lower than a Creighton team that lost in the finals of their conference tournament is a little disrespectful IMO.

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Memphis (72) 31-2 1800 1 Conference USA 2. Xavier 27-7 1727 2 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Creighton 26-6 1620 3 Missouri Valley Conference 4. Brigham Young 29-4 1537 6 Mountain West Conference 5. Gonzaga 27-5 1464 5 West Coast Conference 6. Utah State 27-5 1449 4 Western Athletic Conference 7. Western Kentucky 31-2 1418 7 Sun Belt Conference 8. VCU 30-3 1331 13 Colonial Athletic Association 9. Richmond 29-4 1237 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 10. Nevada 29-4 1106 12 Western Athletic Conference 11. Butler 25-6 1077 11 Horizon League 12. Miami-Ohio 28-4 1029 9 Mid-American Conference 13. Utah 26-6 986 10 Mountain West Conference 14. San Diego State 26-7 859 14 Mountain West Conference 15. Old Dominion 25-7 744 15 Colonial Athletic Association 16. Saint Joseph's 26-6 674 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 17. Dayton 21-11 667 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Tulsa 22-8 548 18 Conference USA 19. Temple 23-9 470 20 Atlantic 10 Conference 20. UNLV 22-9 450 17 Mountain West Conference 21. Winthrop 29-4 386 22 Big South Conference 22. Siena 25-8 304 23 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 23. Bradley 22-10 208 21 Missouri Valley Conference 24. Sam Houston State 27-6 141 NR Southland Conference 25. UTEP 21-10 72 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Middle Tennessee 26-7 38 Sun Belt Conference Montana 25-6 23 Big Sky Conference Vermont 26-6 16 America East Conference Oakland 25-6 12 Summit League East Tennessee State 24-7 6 Atlantic Sun Conference Houston 23-10 1 Conference USA

These voters are even more nuts! UTEP back in the rankings after an early exit in their tournament, St. Louis and Davidson nowhere to be found, and Bradley moving down 2 spots after winning the MVC tournament?? Crazy
Old 01-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #38
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 Selection Sunday

Bradley gets the 13th seed in the NCAA West Region and will take on (4) Marquette in the first round. A bit underseeded if you ask me.

BYU gets the 5th seed in the NCAA West Region and will await the winner of a First Four game between Vanderbilt and Dayton.

Davidson gets the 14th seed in the NCAA East Region and will take on (3) Florida in the first round.

St. Louis drops down to the NIT, getting the 4th seed in the NIT West Region and will host (5) Rider in the first round.

UTEP also drops to the NIT as the #2 seed in the NIT Midwest Region. They'll host (7) Boise St. in the first round.

That's it. Lots of snubs. However, once I saw that St. Louis and UTEP had dropped to the NIT, I had a feeling Wright St. and Northern Iowa would get screwed out of extending their season. So 5 of our 17 FOFC coached teams extend their season into March. Let's go boys, gotta do better!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #39
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 NCAA First Round

(13) Bradley upsets (4) Marquette 68-61.

(5) BYU beats (12) Dayton 87-70.

(3) Florida hammers (14) Davidson 86-63.

2012 NIT First Round

(4) St. Louis all over (5) Rider 87-66.

(2) UTEP hammers (7) Boise St. 69-45.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 01-20-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #40
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 NCAA Second Round

(5) BYU beats (13) Bradley 98-76.

2012 NIT Second Round

(4) St. Louis gets by (1) Virginia 78-75.

(2) UTEP beat (3) UAB 72-57.

2012 NCAA Sweet Sixteen

(1) Memphis beats (5) BYU 98-78.

NIT Quarterfinals

(3) Missouri beats (4) St. Louis 79-63.

(2) UTEP beats (4) Syracuse 69-58.

NIT Final Four

(2MW) UTEP beats (1E) Texas A&M 71-59.

NIT Championship

(3W) Missouri gets by (2MW) UTEP 58-54.

What a great run by UTEP and coach Jeeber Mack, making it to the NIT Finals, and being the FOFC coached team to make it the farthest in the postseason.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #41
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 Postseason Wrap-Up

The 2012 NCAA Final Four saw (1S) Kentucky beat (2W) Kansas 70-54, and (1MW) Texas beat (6E) West Virginia 89-73. In the National Championship, Texas rattled Kentucky 74-54.

You already know the results of the 2012 NIT Final Four, with UTEP losing in the NIT Championship Game.

The CBI saw (5) Northeastern beat (3) Toledo 2 games to 1 in the CBI Championship Series. Toledo won the first game 80-56, then Northeastern won the second game 69-66. The deciding game wasn't even close, as Northeastern won 80-56.

And finally, the CIT Championship saw (4) UC Santa Barbara beat (14) Fairfield 71-59.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #42
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2011-2012 National Awards

Only 1 national award for our FOFC coached teams. BYU senior Gary Beardsley made the all-NCAA First Team.

2011-2012 Conference Awards

Nobody got an award for Hartford.

Maine saw SR Ferdinand Dungan make the America East 2nd Team.

A huge shock here, as St. Louis, even with their great season, took home no conference awards.

Colorado got no awards either, not a huge surprise there.

Getting to be a trend, as High Point had no awards either.

And the trend continues. No awards for Cal Poly.

UTEP breaks the tend with a few awards. Senior Edward McChesney made the C-USA First Team, while SR Richard Brown made the Second Team. Chris Pouliot made the C-USA All-Freshman Team.

Loyola Chicago was shut out on the awards.

Wright St. had 2 players on the Horizon 2nd Team. SR Forrest Sutter and SR Larry Giron.

Bradley put 2 on the All-MVC First Team: SR Justin Chambers and SO Leon Woods. SR Jake Hopkins made the All-MVC Second Team.

Evansville put Charles Neill on the MVC All-Freshman Team.

Illinois St. put SR Roscoe Finkelstein on the All-MVC 2nd Team.

Northern Iowa had SR David Elmore on the All-MVC 2nd Team and Todd Blanco on the All-Freshman Team.

BYU took home a number of awards. SR Gary Beardsley was the Mountain West Player of the Year and also an all-MWC 1st Team Member. Patrick Hutt was the MWC Coach of the Year. SR Gary Love was also on the MWC 1st Team. SR Myles Woodson made the all-MWC 2nd Team.

No awards for Bryant.

Davidson had the most awards of all the teams. SR Royal Canter was Southern Player of the Year and an all-Southern First Team member. Troy Burt was the Southern Freshman of the Year and a member of the Southern All-Freshman Team. JR Josiah Backman and SR Leslie Ludwig made the all-Southern 2nd Team.

Hawaii took home 1 award as Robert Trexler made the WAC All-Freshman Team.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #43
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2011-2012 Recruiting Rankings

Hartford had the 211th best recruiting class in the nation, good for 3rd best in the America East.

Maine had the 269th best class, good for 7th in the America East.

St. Louis had the 43rd best class in the nation, good for 2nd in the A-Ten.

Colorado had the 82nd best class in the nation, good for 7th in the Big 12.

High Point had the 150th best class in the nation, tops in the Big South.

Cal Poly had the 257th best class in the nation, good for 7th in the Big West.

UTEP had the 47th best class in the nation, tops in Conference USA, but just 1 better than UAB who was at 48. The Miners brought in the conferences only 4 star recruit however. Everything else was 3 stars or less.

Loyola Chicago had the 99th best class in the nation, good for 2nd in the Horizon.

Wright St. had the 145th best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the Horizon.

Bradley had the 81st best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the MVC and were 1 of 2 MVC schools to bring in a 4 star recruit.

Evansville had the 110th best class in the nation, good for 5th in the MVC.

Illinois St. had the 199th best class in the nation, good for 8th in the MVC.

Northern Iowa had the 274th best class in the nation, last in the MVC by a wide margin. The Panthers were the only MVC school not to bring in a 3 star or better recruit.

BYU had the 36th best class in the nation, tops in the Mountain West by 18. Not only that, but they were 1 of only 19 (at least by my count)schools in the nation to bring in a 5 star recruit.

Bryant had the 258th best class in the nation, good for 5th in the Northeast.

Davidson had the 118th best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the Southern.

Hawaii had the 58th best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the WAC. The Warriors were 1 of 2 schools to bring in a 4 star recruit.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #44
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am making 1 change to the season setup, increasing the NIT back to 40 teams. That gives our FOFC teams 8 more chances to get into the postseason.

There was no conference movement in the offseason, and this is where I stop. I said at the beginning of this that because I wasn't using a mod this time, if you weren't happy with your current team or the conference they played in, I would let you change teams without being offered the job. This only applies for this offseason only, so if you want to change, the rule is you have to change to a team that is within the same prestige as the school you are currently at. I would say 3 or 4 points higher or lower would be fine. Here are the team prestiges:

Hartford- 22
Maine- 31
St. Louis- 67
Colorado- 57
High Point- 16
Cal Poly- 22
UTEP- 66
Loyola Chicago- 40
Wright St.- 58
Bradley- 67
Evansville- 39
Illinois St.- 61
Northern Iowa- 65
BYU- 86
Bryant- 3
Davidson- 62
Hawaii- 49

If you want to change, please PM me or you can announce it in this thread. I will be out of town from Thursday-Saturday, so hopefully by Sunday or Monday I've heard from all of you. For now, this is on hold.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #45
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nope, I'm staying at CU until they fire my ass.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #46
britrock88
Pro Starter

Are there any major conference teams so low in prestige (~45) that one of the Bafous could move?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #47
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Might as well stay where iam
Old 01-21-2015, 12:28 AM   #48
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Nope, I'm staying at CU until they fire my ass.

Same here
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #49
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I'm choosing to stay at Hartford
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #50
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Are there any major conference teams so low in prestige (~45) that one of the Bafous could move?

If we're talking about the power six (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC) then no, they are all higher than 45. Keep in mind (I keep reminding everybody since they got used to me doing this with a real world mod from the 2014 season) that this dynasty is modless so the teams and conferences are as they were in 2011-2012.

The lowest rated power school is Oregon St. at 46. After that, there is South Florida of the Big East at 52, and Northwestern of the Big Ten at 53. Every other power school has a prestige of 57 or better.

If you wanted the Bafou's to move to Oregon St., South Florida, or Northwestern, as long nobody else objects (I don't know why they would, but you never know) then I'll go ahead and allow it. But just those 3 schools are options. Or if you want a non-power conference school, I can get you a list of around the 35-45 range.

I am heading out of town tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until late Saturday night, so you've got some time to think about it, as I won't be progressing forward with this until at least Sunday. But I will have internet access so I'll be able to keep tabs and see who has responded.