Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2018, 03:59 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Cambria, Oh So Purple! (FM16 - Scottish Pyramid - 12 or 13 Levels)

So I bailed on the other save. The 6'5 minimum seemed too gimmicky and confining a house rule set, and I didn't want to jump again, or retool/rebuild. RC Doue-la-Fontaine was in dead last in the National, with no hope of staying up. They hadn't brought anyone new in, and I think the sale of Adel Zainek, who I considered the best player on the roster, sank the team. Loreintz Rosier had also left, and whilst he was a whatever departure, it portended ill for maintenance of the dynasty I'd built.

It turns out I don't have the French Level 9 or English Level 23 database on this new computer yet, though they're on a hard drive. Found the English 23 and re-downloaded, but wanted to dig in a new country.

Say hello to the Scottish Pyramid, which is 12 or 13 levels - I keep messing up the count because there's some weirdness in promotion rules to get to the fourth level, which I believe is where vanilla FM starts.

Anyway, much like the English 23 levels' deepest point of penetration is the Mid Sussex region, this Scottish database has a single branch from total bottom to up, with unequal branches in other regions.

At the lowest level is this one route (or Route One harhar) is the Caledonian Amateur Division One, and I selected Cambria AFC for the following reasons:

1) Their primary color is purple, and I've always wanted a purple team.
2) The whole club is only worth $8k - there are a couple worth even less, but I either didn't like their logo, or their primary color was that damned unreadable white text on yellow background.
3) Their stadium is owned... by another club. Strathclyde University specifically.

Cambria is based in Glasgow, Scotland's largest city at 600,000 people and a major seaport on the River Clyde. Also referred to as the Second City of the British Empire during the Victorian and Edwardian eras in some quarters. Noted for the Glasglowian accent, shorter than the rest of the UK life expectancy, and lowest voter turnout in Scotland.

Oh, and we're total empty cupboard here during this, the club's 50th anniversary. Talk about no pressure. :P Cambria's bank account is a whopping $1,502. Yep, this is bottom as bottom gets.

...Great. Our best scout and assman options are 6/6 and 5/5 JPP/JPA respectively. Blessed Artemis, I wasn't kidding when I said bottom as it goes. Oh well, I can suffer through it for the first year. And the available coaches are all awful. Like, even worse than the scrubs who are usually there when I come on board a team.

My staff hates every player I bring in, so this is pretty much a ratings only dynasty for a while. Oh well.

Transfer In - MC Luidgi Hoareau (19) - French)
Yep, I just signed my BFF from the Roses dynasty. This go-round he has 11 Passing and Decisions, 14 Teamwork, 11 Vision, Work Rate, Balance, and Pace. He sucks at Crossing however, so he won't be reprising his MR switch. What's hilarious is my assman hates him, but also says he's good enough for Lowland League soccer, which is several levels up. Oh, okay, assman.

Transfer In - MC Barna Tott (19) - Hungarian
Dual citizenship with 12 Passing, 12 Technique, 10 Teamwork, Vision, and Work Rate, 11 Jumping Reach, and 16 Natural Fitness. A tailor-made Advanced Playmaker, and we'll definitely be running a two MC formation.

Promotion Odds
Corkerhill: 3-1
Dunoon AFC: 3-1
Milngavie Wanderers: 25-1
Rothesay Brandines: 25-1
Balmore: 40-1
Cambria: 40-1

This means nothing due to all the grey guy teams running around.

Luidgi Hoareau and Barna Tott are appointed Captain and Vice-Captain due to being the only two guys on the team.

Transfer In - ST Kris Duncan (25) - From Keith
11 Finishing, 10 First Touch and Composure, 11 Acceleration, Agility, Pace, Stamina, and Flair. I expect him to bang in goals galore for us as a Poacher. He really should be our team captain, but oh well.

Transfer Out - ST Kris Duncan (25) - To Stirling University
...What the actual fuck?!?!

Transfer In - MC Grant Thomson (20) - From Fraserburgh
Strictly a reserve player, but we're just trying to get bodies in here at this point.

Transfer In - MCL/AMC Connor Lyall (18)
13 First Touch, 12 Passing, 10 Technique, 15 Teamwork. Although he's clearly best as yet another damn MC, he has good AMC potential, so he'll play there for the foreseeable future.

Transfer In - ST Lewis Kinniard (20)
10 First Touch, 11 Off the Ball, 14 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration. We'll work on making him a Deep-Lying Forward.

vs Eaglesham AFC
G: Grey
D: Grey/Grey/Grey/Grey
DM: Grey
MC: Barna Tott/Grant Thomson
AMC: Connor Lyall
ST: Lewis Kinniard/Luidgi Hoareau (Training)

So once again, Luidgi Hoareau will be called upon to learn a new position on the fly, as we utilize a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond.

51 - Hoareau wings out right to a grey guy, who crosses to Lyall. The shot clangs off the upper woodwork, but he's there to put in his own rebound!!! 1-0

56 - Awful corner kick defense 1-1

This is what happens when you can't get guys to sign with you. Very disappointing, though, as I thought we could sneak out a debut win.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Gary Kelman (23)
10 First Touch, 14 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, and a whole lot of 11s in his Physical Attributes. While he could start at either MC or AMC, I think I'll lean towards him at MC, pushing Grant Thomson to the bench.

Transfer In - GK Lucas Birnstigl (25) - Canadian
11 Handling and Reflexes, 10 Finishing, and 20 Eccentricity. this Canadian native who is also eligible for German and British nationality (he has no interest in claiming his British rights, however) has spent time in League 2 (4th division), so is a huge get.

@ Camelon Albion (14th)
G: Lucas Birnstigl
D: Grey/Grey/Grey/Grey
DM: Grey
MC: Barna Tott/Gary Kelman
ST: Lewis Kinniard/Luidgi Hoareau (Training)

41 - Horrible backpass by Kelman. Wow. 0-1

44 - That was on Birnstingl's ass keeping 0-2

And that's a plummet all the way down to 18th.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - ST/AMLCR Lucas Dinis (17) - From Montrose
14 Teamwork and 13 Work Rate. Great all-around Physical Attributes, too. One of two prospects we poached from the League 2 club. Luidgi Hoareau can now go back to doing what he does best.

Transfer In - MR/WBR/DR Callum Hill (17) - From Montrose
15 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration, and 10 Pace. *Finally* we get a guy we can slot in on the backline. Not ideal there and has a lot of work to do, but promising nonetheless.

vs Balmore (8th)
D: Grey/Grey/Grey/Callum Hill
DM: Luidgi Hoareau (Training)
ST: Lucas Dinis/Lewis Kinnaird

4 - Grey guy hits Kinnaird on the corner, and he kicks it in for his first Cambria score! 1-0

6 - Hill makes two amazing stops, the latter resulting in a boot cross pitch to Dinis for the high ball to Kinnaird. He dribbles in the box and drills the ball past two defenders for his second goal! 2-0

15 - Hill throws in to Hoareau, and they exchange passes until Hoareau puts in the box to Kinnaird. Defense heads it away, but Tott catches the clearance. Ball bounces as the delivery to Kinnaird goes awry - they're on him now - but Dinis picks up the loose ball and fires in a debut goal!!! 3-0

Kinnaird is injured and it's pretty severe, but he'll play through it due to lack of options.

68 - Lyall strips the ball on the right flank and dumps off to Kelman. Beautiful soaring ball ahead of Kinnaird, and he's alone as he races to get it, then heads into the box, and twisted ankle aside, he cracks the diagonal for his hat trick!!! 4-0

71 - Lyall is calling for a breather, so Thomson comes on.

77 - Hoareau centers it to Thomson for the switchback to Dinis. Short pass to Kelman, who battles three defenders to thread a pristine pass to Linnaird in the box, and there's goal #4!!!! 5-0

90 - Grey guys gonna grey guy 5-1

Everyone except Thomson had 7.1 or better, and our non-grey guys who were 8+: Luidgi Hoareau (8.4), Barna Tott and Gary Kelman with 9.0, Connor Lyall with 8.3, PotM Lewis Kinnaird with a 9.8, and Lucas Dinis with an 8.8.

We leap frog to 8th on the victory, but we're without Lewis Kinnaird for almost two months. Costly win for sure.

@ Glasgow Harp (16th)
MC: Grant Thomson/Luidgi Hoareau/Barna Tott
AMC: Gary KelmanConnor Lyall
ST: Lucas Dinis

4-3-2-1 Narrow Pyramid becomes our new formation while Kinnaird is out. There's no one else we can scout or bring in because of how low our reputation is. So we'll be sitting grey in the back for quite a while.

67 - Gotta love bullshit distance strikes 0-1

87 - Hill has been incredible at DR, and he steals the ball here, sending it to Hoareau in the middle of the park. Booming kick hits Dinis in the half-circle, and he runs into the box, faking out the keeper on a kick for a late equalizer 1-1

Transfer In - ST Jack Currie (20)
This kid can play a variety of striker roles - 11 Dribbling, 13 Anticipation, 16 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 11 Agility, 10 Pace and Strength, 13 Flair, and he's our most solid all around striker technically speaking. I really, really like him.

@ Corkerhill (5th)
ST: Lucas Dinis/Jack Currie

68 - Thomson in for tired Lyall. It's been rough today, with Dinis shanking a sitter.

83 - Hoareau gathers a clearance just outside the box and shorts it to Thomson for the tapper to Kelman. The ensuing pass is into box space and Dinis atones for his earlier error with a surge forward and soft shot in!!! 1-0

We should have won by way more, but 3 points is 3 points, keyed by Gary Kelman's PotM 8.5 outing. The victory vaults us up to 6th place, and a few days later, we sign a guy for the January transfer window at another position of need.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Myrtle Athletic (17th)
MC: Barna Tott/Mark Lyall
AMC: Gary Kelman

So the last game and our huge win, Gary Kelman was actually playing AMC - something I forgot to fix when I copy/pasted lineups. Oops.

2 - We've been getting back clearance after clearance here. Hill is facing a double team on the right corner of the box and he tries to head it in, but it's knocked away. Tott charges for our umpteenth recovery and passes it perfectly back in the box for Dinis to trap, control, and strike in. 1-0

Silent second half, and Hungarian Barna Tott takes the match ball with an 8.0 game. 7.5 for Mark Lyall and a grey guy, too, as we play solidly all around and inch up to 5th.

@ Cambusbarron Rovers (2nd)

3 - Kelman has no less than *4* guys surrounding him, but he's able to escape the trap by tapping to Dinis in the box. The teenager doesn't like what he sees, so he highballs it out right to Hill, who dribbles and crosses it back into the box. Dinis is there to put it away. 1-0

13 - Rocket goal kick by Birnstigl goes all the way down to deep in their half. Currie wins the fight for the header and knocks it down, muscling past a defender. Another one is closing in on him when he delivers it into the box, and Dinis converts the 1v1 with ease. 2-0

61 - We'll always be prone to giving up set pieces until we get DCs in here 2-1

72 - Thomson takes Lyall's spot. We've also had a few blown easy goals by Dinis as per usual, and Kelman also botched a sitter.

75 - We draw a penalty and Tott blows it. Bad feeling.

78 - I fucking knew it. 2-2

86 - Another easy shot screwed up by Kelman

That's just bad beats all around. You're not often going to see that kind of thing happen. Unfortunately, we waste a prime opportunity to move up into one of the three promotion spots.

@ Rannoch (19th)

25 - Tott plays out to the grey guy DL who crosses into a shot that the keeper pushes away. Currie runs up to knock in the rebound for his first ever Cambria goal at last!!!! 1-0

53 - Critical interception in their half by Dinis to snuff out a counter. He gives to Kelman, who dribbles out to the right flank before launching a high ball into the box. Currie is the first of our guys in the chase, and he puts in his second score! 2-0

74 - ....Grrr. 2-1

75 - I'M GETTING REALLY FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF THESE GREY GUYS JUST GIVING THE BALL RIGHT BACK TO THEM 2-2

89 - Hill makes an incredible interception after a throw-in and hammers it down the right flank. Kelman beats out the defender and gets it. He crosses, and Dinis outjumps two defenders to head it in!!!! As much as he pisses me off with his shanks, dude plays hero ball late in games. 3-2

Gary Kelman was the star of this with a 9.0, but we can't forget Jack Currie's 8.8 and two goals.

We're knocking on the promotion door, in 4th place. Lewis Kinnaird comes back next match, and we have a tough decision to make at striker.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
Critch
lolzcat

Your team are from the area I'm from. The bus from Glasgow to my hometown goes past the sports center they play at. It's not really Glasgow, it's a small town on the outskirts called Stepps.

Stepps biggest claim to fame is that there's a house on the main street that's had a Paddington Bear in the front window for the past 30+ years.

Not much happens in Stepps.

Last edited by Critch : 03-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:49 AM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

Apparently

Holy hell, that's honestly up there with some of the tiny bergs & not-really-a-town "towns" I grew up around.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:13 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
Your team are from the area I'm from. The bus from Glasgow to my hometown goes past the sports center they play at. It's not really Glasgow, it's a small town on the outskirts called Stepps.

Stepps biggest claim to fame is that there's a house on the main street that's had a Paddington Bear in the front window for the past 30+ years.

That's awesome! No wonder so few people want to come play here. No lie, when I read that, I laughed for a good 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Apparently

Holy hell, that's honestly up there with some of the tiny bergs & not-really-a-town "towns" I grew up around.

No kidding. I instantly thought of the small towns up in NW Wisconsin - especially Cornell, where my grandfather spent the last however many years of his life, and where my uncle and aunt moved in to Gramps' house for a few years after he passed. Cornell's claim to fame? The world's last surviving pulpwood stacker. Hasn't been used since 1972, but there's a Stacker Festival every year, and one of the only restaurants in town is Wendy's Stacker Cafe - great little breakfast spot like you so often find in Wisconsin towns.

As for Stepps itself, in addition to the info Critch provided, it's a town home to a little 6,700 people. In addition to the Paddington Bear, it's also the place where one of Scotland's oldest hockey clubs was founded, all the way back in 1913. Despite over 100 years of existence, they compete in the Second Division of the Scottish National League, which itself is considered a third-tier league. Hopefully we'll have more success on the football side of things. :P

vs Viewfield Rovers (7th)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Lucas Dinis (Training)/Callum Hill
ST: Lewis Kinnaird/Jack Currie

So I decided to say fuck it and go for broke with getting everyone involved as an experiment to see what happens.

9 - Our lone grey guy fetches a bad shot and starts a counter with a mid-range pass to Kinnaird. He sends it up to Kelman for the power pass that Currie tracks down and runs into the right side of the box with. The defense is trying to hustle back, but by the time the cross touches Kinnaird's feet, it's way too little, way too late, and the ball's in the net. 1-0

23 - Ugh 1-1

26 - Okay, horrible plan 1-2

42 - Kelman with the interception in their half, and he outlets to Hill for the run and cross. Kinnaird is wiped out as the ball arrives, but Currie drifts down and knocks in the equalizer 2-2

74 - Man, I love Hill. He muscles the ball off the attacker and sends it up to Currie for the counter. Ball eventually makes it way left side to grey guy, and he dribbles down the left side before delivering to Kinnaird in the box. In it goes and we're back up ahead! 3-2

Lewis Kinnaird is PotM his first game back with an 8.8, but Jack Currie had a 7.5 alongside him. Grey Guy had an 8.1, as did Grant Thomson. Still playing amazing is Hungarian Barna Tott with an 8.4.

vs Milngavie Wanderers (4th)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Lucas Dinis (Training)/Callum Hill

We're *incredibly* unlucky in the first half, with three shots clanking off the post or the bar, and should be up by a ton. Alas, it's 0-0 headed into halftime.

54 - Are you shitting me?!?! They get the lucky long strike?! FUCK YOU! 0-1

63 - Fucking WONDERFUL! Kelman gets knocked out. Lyall moves up to AMC and a grey guy comes in at DC.

91 - Dinis charges in to make a game-saving interception, then launches the ball down the pitch, it dropping right in front of Currie for the 1v1. *Finally* we get a conversion and hopefully salvage the draw 1-1

We actually go up a point on 3rd thanks to the late draw, but we've lost Gary Kelman for a month and a half in the process.

vs Drumchapel United (Caledonian Cup First Round)
D: Grey/Grey/Lucas Dinis (Training)/Callum Hill

Split decisions on who wins this one, but the board doesn't expect us to get out of the round, and I'm frankly pessimistic about our chances, as it's our third game in a week. Come halftime, however, we're still hanging on to a 0-0 draw, and we're actually looking really pretty decent.

60 - Kinnaird takes the longball and heads it on into space. The defenders is first, but Kinnaird knicks it off, then shows him his heels in centering to Currie, who has his own man beat and makes the easy 1v1! 1-0

65 - Currie faces a double team and he escapes it by outletting to Hill right side. Dribble and center, and Lyall rises in the air to smash in the mid-range header!!! 2-0

72 - You stupid fucking grey guy!!! Ugh own goal 2-1

We get the win, however, keyed by Connor Lyall's PotM 7.9 and Callum Hill and Grant Thomson posting 7.6 each. Hill has very quickly become one of my favorite players on this team. Dude is just clutch as hell, and he's still learning to be more than competent at the DR slot.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Rhu Amateurs (14th)[/b]

8 - Merg. I hate grey guys 0-1

12 - Hill chases down a loose ball after a textbook tackle on Kinnaird. He jackhammers it downfield to Currie, who is drawing a double team. Layoff to Kinnaird and the mid-range shot cracks the upper bar, but he's able to run forward and beat his man, putting in the rebound before the keeper finishes getting up 1-1

[b]16[b] - Hill throws in to Currie, gets it back, and laterals to Thomson. In the box to Currie and he centers to Lyall for the go-ahead goal. 2-1

30 - We suck so hard at corner kick defense 2-2

48 - Kinnaird makes a great interception and gives to Tott. The Hungarian's rainbow ball is a thing of beauty, dropping at Currie's feet in the box. He takes a bit to control it, and three defenders are running back to get at him, but it's too late. In goes the short shot. 3-2

55 - Another fucking corner kick goal given up. Same dude scoring, same fuckup by a grey DC. 3-3

65 - Whole lot of passing here after Dinis makes a clutch interception of a longball. Tott taps off to Lyall for the box feed for Currie. He drops it off to Kinnaird, who of course shanks the shot off the crossbar. The ball is up in there, and Currie again outpaces his marker, leaping up high to knock in the rebound header. 4-3

89 - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! HAND ON TO THE FUCKING BALL, CANUCK!!!! 4-4

This was down to our utter shitpile of a backline. I can not wait until January 1st when we get legitimate DL and DC help.

vs Larkhill Thistle (19th)

15 - Pass, pass, pass, until Tott goes right to Hill. He kicks the ball ahead dangerously, but beats the defender. Center, and Kinnaird emerges from the pack to slot the ball in 1-0

46 - Thomson makes a stellar takeaway shortly after kickoff and gets it to Currie. Double team is on, so he outlets to Hill. Our DR dribbles, then crosses into the box, where Kinnaird slide tackles through the defender and scores his second goal on his back! 2-0

54 - Lyall taps to Tott, and the wingout right is to all alone Hill. First touch box delivery. Keeper comes out and Currie makes him pay. 3-0

63 - Grey DL throws in to Kinnaird and passes the giveback to Tott. A defender tries to slide clear the ball, but misses on the entry pass, and Currie's shot right just *barely* stays in to hit the net. 4-0

87 - The grey guys combine to actually do something on the left side, launching a counter attack that ends in a straight line Kinnaird-Lyall-Currie sequence. They can't get back in time, and Currie slams in the hat trick goal from mid-range!!!! 5-0

90 - Tott with the takeaway and pass to Thomson. Booming longball takes a bounce to dodge the defender before landing on Currie's feet in the box, and there's another goal at the last second!!! 6-0

Told them not to get complacent at half, and that sparked them to the best game of the season by far. Naturally, this win smashes a whole lot of records.

vs Weirs Recreation (1st)

Beat these guys and we're on top of the league, as we're just 1 point back. Luidgi Hoareau has finally moved from Red to Orange in terms of DM position, though still just a single red bar.

21 - Tott out to Hill for the kickback to Hoareau. Moonball connects with Hill near the touchline and he crosses to the near post. Kinnaird shoots and it slips through the keeper's hands, bounces off the post, and just *barely* nudges over the line for a score! 1-0

88 - Forced back to half field with some ticky tacky short passing between Hill and Dinis until the former gets it to Hoareau. Pass to Currie only succeeds because of our striker's juke move, and he sends it on to Kinnaird. This time, we get help from the upper bar bouncing the ball in. 2-0

It wasn't until the last few minutes that we finally started playing something other than trash. Lewis Kinnaird was the obvious PotM with 8.8, followed by Jack Currie at 7.8. Barna Tott was a distant third at 7.2.

It took us 13 games, but we're finally in 1st place a little over a third of the way through the season. I expect us to win the league handily, because everyone else is having the same issue with getting dudes to sign.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Symington Tinto AFC (4th)

65 - Hoareau to Tott to grey guy DL diagonal. The grey dude hits a perfect cross just ahead of two defenders to allow Currie to score and break the stalemate in a game where we played so badly in the first half, I yelled at the team. 1-0

68 - Hoareau makes two phenomenal interceptions and is part of the directing passes game, including the topper. He gives to Tott for the on to Lyall. Defense is playing off him, so he feeds Currie for the defense heels showing and the 1v1 converts! 2-0

Connor Lyall is PotM with an 8.9, Jack Currie right behind with an 8.8. Grey guy DL played amazing at 7.9 as well. That was a critical 3 points to get, as we now have 7 points between us and the non-promotion 4th place.

My terrible assman is hyped about Luidgi Hoareau's development progress, even though he's working on learning a new position.

@ Oban Saints (Caledonian Cup Second Round)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall/Lucas Dinis (Training)/Callum Hill

We finally get Gary Kelman back, and just in time, as we're playing on short rest.

35 - Sweet drift back by Kelman to intercept and stop an attack, though Hoareau has to get the ball back when Kinnaird is stripped. That allows us to keep the counter going, capping with Thomson winging out right to isolated Hill. Cross into the box, and Currie with space fires in the shot! 1-0

74 - That was a bunch of horse manure. Kelman was certainly onsides.

75 - Kelman's under pressure, so he outlets back to Hoareau. Pass to Tott and he delivers to Kinnaird 25 yards out. The cracking first touch long shot bounces off the keeper's hands and in! 2-0

It was the kind of game where Callum Hill's 7.5 was PotM. But that's fine. We're on to the third round.

We're going to have *two* DL guys coming in January as we slowly get more players who are interested in coming to our little town and club.

Because we don't have a Physio, I miss that Callum Hill is out for a week and a half with a sprained wrist.

@ Hamilton FPS AFC (3rd)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Lucas Dinis (Training)/Grey

43 seconds - We build up in the middle of the pitch on the opening kickoff until Currie sees grey guy DR all alone and charging. Pass is up to him, he beats the defender, and the center is exquisite for Kinnaird to stamp in early. 1-0

40 - Dear Birnstingl, don't pretend to go after the ball after it's already crossed the line. Thanks, Me 1-1

45 - Are you effing kidding me?! Terrible! 1-2

69 - Pathetic. 1-3

88 - Absolutely pathetic 1-4

We drop to 2nd on that ridiculous performance and could very well see a drop to 3rd if we stink it up next game, too. That's how close 1-3 are, though we're still 5 points up on 4th.

Lucas Dinis is griping about learning to play DC. Doesn't want to do it. Ugh. Now I need to think about what to do there.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Overtown Thistle (12th)
G: Lucas Birnstingl
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Lewis Kinnaird (Training)/Callum Hill
ST: Jack Currie/Lucas Dinis

13 - Thomson on the corner, and finally Hoareau scores his first Cambria goal! 1-0

18 - Thomson with two clutch interceptions here, the last resulting in pass to Tott for flareout right to Hill, who is still hurt but we have no DRs. The cross is headed away, but a twisting Kelman leaps in the air to counter with a header of his own, and Currie keeps it in the air, nodding it in over the keeper who is foolishly still out 2-0

43 - Birnstingl's goal kick hits Dinis, but he's floored almost immediately. Tott grabs the loose ball and kicks it back to Hoareau. Stunning rainbow ball into the right side of the box, and Currie drills the diagonal 3-0

50 - We're working that middle until Hill takes the outlet pass. Back in the middle to Thomson and it's a straight line from him to Kelman to Currie in the box. Hat trick shot is good!!!! 4-0

60 - Tott to Kelman. Defender runs in to slide, but he's a half-second too late, as the ball's already passed into box space. Dinis, thrilled to be playing striker again, wins the race and adds to the carnage 6-0

Hell of a DC debut by Lewis Kinnaird there. We're in first on goal differential. We also tweaked the AF role Jack Currie formerly played on the right side to Poacher to benefit Lucas Dinis.

vs Rothesay Brandanes (13th)

56 - Two blown sitters by Currie in the first half, and he's been trash in the second, too. Fortunately, we get an own goal here to put us on the board 1-0

63 - Hill throws in to Tott, and Currie romperstomps the defender to get the ball. Should have been a foul call there TBH. He threads the ball between two defenders in the box, and a left step by waiting Dinis results in a drilled shot. 2-0

66 - We keep working that middle up and down their half of the pitch. Finally, Hoareau passes to Thomson for a gorgeous ground strike all the way into the box. Dinis is first in the foot race, and converting his second goal is easy 3-0

Although Lucas Dinis (8.8) won PotM, Lucas Birnstingl had his best game for us - lights out with an 8.4 shutout. 8.7 for Grant Thomson, 8.2 for Gary Kelman, and 8.0 for Luidgi Hoareau.

Another hype fest for Luidgi Hoareau, and at this point, I'm going to go ahead and say you should sign him for the sub-league dynasties. He's in the default file it appears, as I'm not running the French mod - just the Scottish one.

vs Dunoon AFC (15th)

7 - Tott to Thomson to Dinis. The kid is driving into a wall of defenders on the right side, when he puts it back in the middle to Kelman. Pristine box entry pass, and Currie out-runs everyone for the easy goal. 1-0

30 - Still feels weird to see Kinnaird at DC, but he passes to Tott for the forward to Currie. Audacious 30 yard strike is shoved aside, but Kelman darts forth out of nowhere to sink the rebound and score his first Cambria goal!!!! 2-0

79 - Dinis draws a PK, and Lyall's shot bounces off the keeper's hand into the net. I haven't formalized my set piece takers because nobody's good enough in those areas for me to bother 3-0

80 - We've had problems clearing all day long 3-1

Gary Kelman is the man of the hour at 9.0, with Jack Currie his primary support at 7.4. Pretty lackluster win overall, but we'll take it. We're now 3 points and so much GD ahead we're golden. 320 people showed up to this Fan Day event.

That's 2.4 goals a game. Yeah, we're great.

@ Westerlands (9th)

24 - Tott out right to Hill and the ball bounces as it hits the box, landing at Currie's feet for a goal. 1-0

26 - Immediate answer on the free kick. Nobody fucking moved 1-1

30 - Clutch bomb clearance by Hoareau to Dinis on the left side. He plays it ahead into space when pressure comes. Currie breaks left off his man to get it and the defender doesn't follow. That's a mistake as he strolls into the box and fires a hard shot to go back up! It's his 20th goal of the year, and he's been precisely the best striker I expected him to be. 2-1

34 - Bullshit! Currie was absolutely onsides!

47 - Just before half, Dinis is knocked off with an injury. Kinnaird moves into the spot and a grey guy comes in at DC

49 - Still in the first half, Tott has a terrific takeaway, then is the outlet guy when Kelman is being triple-teamed. He blasts the ball out left for Currie to get. On the cross, Kelman takes a step forward for the short-range sniper goal! 3-1

73 - Seriously, how the fuck do you let them score when you have three defenders on their dude?! 3-2

80 - Hoareau has an amazing interception of a throw-in in the box, but he can't convert. So we backpedal until Thomson taps it to Tott for the give to Kelman. Our opponents do have a case for the ensuing feed to Currie and shot being offsides, but I'm considering this a makeup call 4-2

Jack Currie (9.5), Gary Kelman (9.0), and Callum Hill (7.9) bailed us out on a night our DCs were absolute shit.

Lucas Dinis is out 2-3 months. Welp. Connor Lyall is mad about being played out of position. The talk goes horribly. Oh well! He'll get over it.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:04 AM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Dalziel (Caledonian Cup Third Round)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Grey/Callum Hill

Hoareau is at Yellow and two orange slices in DM; Lyall Orange in DC.

12 - Everyone's tired, and it's snowing. Hoareau taps to Tott, and though he has space, there's a wall of three defenders in front of him. He gets it to Kelman on the other side of the wall, and they move to close in on him. Too late, as it's already at Kinnaird's feet for a stunning 25 yard shot that pierces the net! 1-0

51 - Kelman recovers his own rejected corner kick and puts it back in the box to Hoareau. Shot's wall-blocked, but Kelman nudges aside the defender and short passes to a sea of purple in the middle. Currie steps up and cracks in the mid-range shot. 2-0

83 - Hill throws in to Currie for the excellent cross that Kelman rolls left to kick in. 3-0

86 - Grey guy DL diagonal to Kinnaird for another diagonal to Kelman on the left side of the box. Boom! He's doubled his season scoring total in one game 4-0

We were actually pretty bad the first 45 minutes, but turned it on in the second half to tear the game apart.

@ Eaglesham AFC (18th)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Grey/Callum Hill

53 - Thomson bails Hill out after he's wrecked, and they keep trading passes until our DR is forward and alone to take the return and center. Kinnaird jumps and smashes in a mid-range header 1-0

63 - Birnstingl should have stopped that one 1-1

Callum Hill is knocked towards the end of the match. Swell. He's out a month, maybe more. Even more brilliant. We've got help coming in a few days though, after inking a DR.

vs Camelon Albion (6th)
D: Grey/Connor Lyall (Training)/Grey/Grey

22 - Grey guy DL throws to Hoareau and gets it back. He hugs the sideline, dribbling until he delivers to Currie's head on a longball. Header is pushed to the side, but Currie is just quick enough to be first to the rebound and easily kick it in 1-0

24 - Lyall with the balla charge and send back into their half interception. Caps off with Currie flaring right to grey guy DR. Cross, and Kinnaird heads the doubler in 2-0

30 - Thomson retrieves the cleared corner and sends it to grey guy DL. Cross, and here's Kinnaird again with the aerial assault, staggering back as he powers a forceful header into goal! 3-0

60 - Kelman to Currie for the tap off to Kinnaird in the half-circle. He draws the triple team and sends it into the box for Kelman to convert. Oh, and did I mention these guys beat us the first game? 4-0

78 - Grey guy DL takes the ground outlet and crosses into the box as a defender creeps on him. Currie slide tackles the ball through two defenders and into the goal!!! "Someone must have a word with him at a half-time!" the announcers say. Um, no. I just went into raptures about how great we played in the first half - honestly our best first 45 of the entire year. 5-0

84 - Jumbled mess after grey guy DL throws to Kinnaird in the box. Thomson emerges from the scuffle to short lateral to unmarked Kelman, and the score fest continues. 6-0

328 people got to enjoy that Fan Day rout. Suddenly everyone wants the two guys I have on staff, because they've been paying attention to the sheer dominant spell we've been casting on the league. My name gets mentioned for an opening too, as the odds-on favorite.

Do I want to make this a dynasty where I bounce around at the first opportunity? I'm honestly not sure. I've never done that before - not really. I've always been one to stay at a club for a number of seasons until I hit a wall or get bored.

Hmm.

Transfers are coming in shortly, too.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

My assman takes a $7k deal to go to Renfrew and be the assman there. Unfortunately, our available pool of replacements is awful. So awful that I'm simply going to go without one.

My Head of Youth Development takes the same money and heads to Linlithgow Rose. Fuck it. I'll be the only staff member here.

Transfer In - DL/ML Sean Fleming (26) - From Kinnoull
14 Teamwork and 11 Acceleration, but that's underselling his excellent all around mental game. Looking like our team captain next year to boot with his 13 Leadership.

Transfer In - DL/DCish Paul Murphy (20) - From Threave Rovers
15 Teamwork and 13 Flair, 12 Work Rate too with 11 Pace, though he's slow to get off the mark. I kind of like him better as a DC, so we'll slot him there.

Transfer In - DR Kyle Rae (29) - From Pumpherston
10 Tackling, 15 Teamwork. He'll be a reserve, because our system demands crossing FBs, and he's only rated 2 there.

Transfer In - DC/MC/ST Derek Gemmell (33) - From Ardeer Thistle
He was the manager in addition to a player for his old club, and they're currently first in the league on goal differential. He stinks, though, like all the staff down here. 10 Tackling, 13 Aggression, 12 Decisions. Very accomplished 3 position player who affords us a lot of flexibility. 10 Finishing, too.

[b]@ Balmore (11th)
D: Sean Fleming/Paul Murphy/Derek Gemmell/Kyle Rae

Hooray! No bleeping grey guys!

14 - ...Okay, I need an assman 0-1

33 - Kelman boots a beauty downfield ahead of Kinnaird, who captures it, sits on the goal line, and strikes in the distance equalizer 1-1

51 - Lyall is in for Murphy

68 - Bye, Fleming. And of course, I just pulled the one guy who could move over

82 - Grey guy sub who is ML that I stuck in at DL because left footed guy makes a heroic interception and blasts it all the way down the pitch to Currie. He dribbles and centers to Kinnaird, whose header bangs off the upper bar. Kelman steps up to kick in the rebound 2-1

90 - Birnstingl doesn't dawdle on the goal kick, but sends it deep to Currie, who heads down and controls the ball. He's being pestered, so he sends back to Tott for the first touch right side pass to Rae, who everyone is ignoring. Cross comes and this time Kinnaird is able to keep the header down! 3-1

92 - How the fuck was that offsides?!

Gary Kelman takes the match ball with a 9.0, but Lewis Kinnaird (8.8), Barna Tott (8.3), Luidgi Hoareau (8.0), and Kyle Rae (8.4) also sparkled in our first lone coach game.

After mid-season firings, we're able to pick up an 8/8 JPA/JPP assman and scout, already making us much better than we were initially.

3-4 weeks without Sean Fleming

vs Glasglow Harp (10th)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Kyle Rae

35 - Kelman short passes to Currie, then runs into the box to receive the return pass and shoot the short-range goal. 1-0

40 - Thomson's corner kick is in the air, and Lyall out jumps four or five guys to head it in 2-0

44 - Hoareau hits out left to Murphy, the defender way too late in marking. I'm expecting a protest as it looks like Currie might be offsides on the box delivery, but nope! 3-0

47 - Ugh. 3-1

88 - We've been lazy as shit this half 3-2

Jack Currie's 7.9 is PotM-winning, with Grant Thomson's 7.4 second best. The team gets butthurt when I chew them out for that shitty second half display.

vs Myre Athletic AFC (19th)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Callum Hill

6 - Disgusting 0-1

18 - Tott shoots the ball down the right flank for Hill and crosses to Kinnaird for the easy score. And that's exactly why the 17 year old is my preferred DR over the more esteemed Rae, who's on the bench. 1-1

30 - Just effing great. Birnstingl breaks his finger, and while he can play through it, we have a Cup game in a couple days, with no opportunity to sign a backup probably.

50 - Thomson backs to Currie in the box, whose ill-advised shot is easily blocked. Kelman scoops up the rebound just outside and threads a pass between three defenders back to Currie for the loft-in. 2-1

58 - Our backline is shit as per ushe. 2-2

70 - Heroic Hill makes a stellar interception and hammers it down the pitch to Kinnaird. He dribbles into the half-circle and converts the long-range strike! 3-2

74 - Double yellow for Murphy. 3 man backline with the ML coming in as DL and Lyall the lone DC. IOW, we're getting fucked over for our trophy match.

Gary Kelman is PotM with 9.0 and Lewis Kinnaird isn't far off with an 8.8. Second straight narrow win. We catch a huge break when Lucas Birnstingl's finger was just jammed up and not broken, so he can play through our absurd fixture congestion going on right now.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DR Blair Yule (23) - From Cove Rangers

A mental attributes God, and an immediate starter at DR. He's going to get work at shifting to DC due to his lack of Crossing and Derek Gemmell's age.

vs FC Polonia Dundee (Caledonian Cup Quarterfinal)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Blair Yule

54 - Gemmell shifts left, Yule becomes DC, and Rae on at DR, Lyall benched. Our guys up front have been terrible, but there's no capable replacements.

No extra time, so it's on to PKs immediately.

They score easily 0-1
Kinnaird blasts it past the keeper 1-1
Another score for them 1-2
Currie fakes out the goalie 2-2
Birnstingl can't stop that one 2-3
Potting just in the corner is Gemmell! 3-3
Bad positioning by our keeper 3-4
Tott slots it in the same spot as our DC 4-4
Ugh!!! The ball bounces off our Canadian goalie's hands and in 4-5
Hoareau keeps us alive!!!! 5-5
I hate Canadians 5-6
Thomson lofts it in the upper right hand corner 6-6
Our keeper faked out 6-7
Yule's debut ends in ignominy as he can't keep us alive.

Tough loss, as we played well enough to crush them, but just couldn't poke through.

Lucas Birnstingl is so crushed by the loss, he has a chest injury keeping him out 2-3 weeks.

vs Corkerhill (11th)
G: Grey Guy
D: Sean Fleming/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Blair Yule

21 - That's what grey guys gets you 0-1

32 - Thomson goes left out to Fleming for the first touch laser into the box, where Currie burns everyone and equalizes 1-1

66 - Yule moves to DC in place of Gemmell and Hill slides in at DR

84 - Great interception by Hoareau, who plays it to Tott for the longball to Currie and the buildup is on. Tott eventually gets it back and flairs out to Hill. Center cross is good, but Kelman can't keep it down on the header. A battle ensues, the defender own goaling 2-1

90 - Shitty long throw by Hill right to the opposition, and they late equalize 2-2

13 games to go, and we're still 12 points and massive GD up.

vs Cambusbarron Rovers (5th)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Blair Yule

20 - We can't shake our slump 0-1

49 - Murphy throws in to Kinnaird, gets it back, and drills it right to Currie. The shot's pushed away, but Currie sinks his own rebound. 1-1

65 - Yule to DC; Hill at DR[/b] with Gemmell again sitting

69 - Long shot bullshit 1-2

74 - Off goes Kelman with injury, so Lyall shifts up to AMC and Rae is pressed into duty as a DC

83 - Currie outlets to Murphy on the left side for the lateral to Lyall. Perfect box feed to surging Currie and we snag a late equalizer 2-2

93 - Hoareau recovers a clearance and passes back into the box, where Hill is shadowed by two defenders. He taps off to Lyall, and the miracle shot with seconds left is good!!! 3-2

Jack Currie is PotM with an 8.8, Barna Tott had a 7.6, and Connor Lyall's game-winner gave him a 7.5. Not the prettiest of wins, but we've had hard luck lately with injuries and the like, so I'm going to love on them for this victory.

Gary Kelman is out 3-4 weeks as a result

Transfer In - DC Murray Soutar (17) - From Montrose
League 2 castoff prospect with 11 Marking, 10 Decisions, 11 Positioning, and 14 Teamwork. He's strictly limited to that spot, but he'll become a starter nonetheless as Derek Gemmell is not only old, but has been awful. It's also going to be our lone deadline pickup.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Viewfield Rovers (20th)
D: Paul Murphy/Murray Soutar/Blair Yule/Callum Hill
DM: Luidgi Hoareau

21 seconds - Completely unfathomable own goal by Yule. Don't understand that at all 0-1

23 - Thomson recovers a clearance deep in their half and sprays right to Hill. Short dribble and a gorgeous rainbow into the box connects with Kinnaird for the score, breaking his silent streak 1-1

58 - Thomson's corner kick connects with Soutar's head, and the 17 year old knocks in a debut goal!!! 2-1

65 - Hill injures one of their guys while stripping the ball away, engineering an attack that winds up going from right to left, back, and then forward again, capping with Lyall to Currie to Kinnaird and there's the insurance goal 3-1

69 - We switch to a 4-3-2-1, with Fleming coming in as a ML, Hill moving up to MR, Rae in at DR, Tott the lone MC, and Kinnaird shifting to a SS AMC role. Sitting are yellow-carded Hoareau and great playing but tired Thomson

8.8 and PotM for Lewis Kinnaird, who it was nice to see finally snap out of a slump. 8.7 for Connor Lyall, and the #3 star of the day went to Callum Hill for his 8.1.

vs Rannoch (12th)
D: Paul Murphy/Murray Soutar/Blair Yule/Kyle Rae
M: Sean Fleming/Barna Tott/Callum Hill
AMC: Lewis KinnairdConnor Lyall
ST: Jack Currie

When we ran this formation before, it was with three MCs, not going wide as is the case now. We experimented with this in the second half of last game after Hoareau drew a yellow that suspended him this match. Didn't do anything with it, so we'll see what happens here.

What happens is we blow three very easy sitters in the first half, and are overall looking like we should be ripping this game open and aren't.

47 - So that's a double yellow and early bath for Yule. JHRC

57 - Dinis for Lyall and AMC switch, Thomson for Tott as we replace our two tired guys

81 - Pathetic defending on the free kick 0-1

It's our first league loss in 12 games. There's 10 games left, and our advantage is still technically 12 points, but the team behind us has a game in hand.

Youth pulls up next.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:53 AM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

Youth Candidates 2 U20s 0
A pretty dull game overall, though Tom Woods caught my eye with both scores, one on a PK. The actual senior team members stunk up the game, most notably Lucas Dinis as he tries to come back from injury.

Signings
MLR/AMLR Gordon Shearer (16) - 11 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration - Casual
DL/WBL Willie Forbes (16) - 13 Flair, 15 Teamwork and Work Rate, 12 Stamina - Ambitious
DC James Fraser (16) - 10 Heading, 15 Aggression, 11 Decisions, 14 Determination, 11 Jumping Reach
DC/DM/MC Murray Grant (16) - 15 Aggression, 10 Determination, 12 Flair, 18 Teamwork!, 11 Work Rate and Acceleration
AMCR/MC Ben McNiff (16) - 10 Corners, 13 Free Kicks and Aggression, 10 Acceleration - Spirited and Selfish
AMC/ST Matt Bell (16) - 10 First Touch, 14 Aggression, 17 Determination!, 11 Flair - 3.5* Potential
GK Ken McBrearty (16) - 12 Reflexes, 11 Agility
ST Tom Woods (16) - 13 Finishing, 14 Determination, 11 Off the Ball, 14 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate

vs Rhu Amateurs (13th)
D: Paul Murphy/Murray Soutar/Connor Lyall/Kyle Rae
M: Sean Fleming/Barna Tott/Callum Hill
AMC: Lewis Kinnaird

One of my old favorite formations, the 4-1-3-1-1 DM. Some of our youth pulls will see action once they sign their contracts, but today is not that day.

62 - We've missed easy shots, and literally just stand there like slaw-jacked yokel dumbasses on this corner kick 0-1

75 - Murphy throws in to Tott for a gorgeous ground screamer down the pitch to Currie. He cuts in and delivers his 30th goal of the season. 1-1

90 - Hill draws a PK in the box, and Lyall converts past the sleepy-eyed keeper! 2-1

PotM Jack Currie and Barna Tott both post 8.2s to carry us in this ugly win.

@ Mingalvie Wanderers (5th)
D: Paul Murphy/Murray Soutar/James Fraser/Blair Yule
DM: Murray Grant
M: Connor Lyall/Luidgi Hoareau/Callum Hill
AMC: Matt Bell
ST: Tom Woods

Many of our youth pulls are better suited to the roles in our formation than the old guard, so we're going to stick 4 of them in the lineup and see how they hold up.

11 - Textbook can of corn stop by Birnstingl and his ensuing rocket downfield evades a defender, falling to Hill with only the keeper to beat. Not liking his chances, he dribbles right out to the wing of the box, then centers. Two defenders box out Woods, but Lyall, who I think is making his ML debut, grounds it over right side, where Bell, widely considered the class of the new group, calmly drills in the debut goal!!! 1-0

16 - Grant taps back to Soutar deep in our half, the low-arcing rainbow connecting with Lyall outside the left half of the box. He taps it to center, and Woods uses his peerless finishing for his own debut score! 2-0

18 - Immediate answer as Fraser misplays the challenge 2-1

50 - Grant draws the red on a nasty two footed tackle. Shearer jogs on to replace yellow Hill, Hoareau drops to DM, and Tott trots on as MC. Soutar has trash this game, so he sits on the bench.

We hold on despite being down a man, carried by Connor Lyall's PoTM 9.0 and a terrific 7.6 debut from Matt Bell

8 games left and we're a ridiculous 20 points up on 4th place, 12 points ahead of 2nd. Why do I mention 4th place? Because the Top 3 teams promote, and so we're a hairsbreadth away from locking up promotion. Derek Gemmell and Sean Fleming earn their pink slips because they've been completely replaced by our stronger than expected youth crop.

We've also inked a DR/MR signing for the summer already who will take over at MR based on our extensive scouting of him.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Larkhall Thistle AFC (13th)
M: Connor Lyall/Barna Tott/Callum Hill
ST: Tom Woods

9 - Hill sends the free kick to Woods in the box. He doesn't like the double team so he outlets back to Hill who dribbles to the right side of the box and crosses. Lyall has his man beat and rises to smash in a header goal 1-0

Currie goes in for Woods at the half

58 - Kelman replaces Bell

73 - Soutar makes an incredible interception and taps it to Lyall for the backpass to Murphy. Stunning longball has Currie with only the keeper to beat and he does. 2-0

Jack Currie delivers an 8.2 PotM outing off the bench and will be back in the lineup next game. Barna Tott posted a 7.5 as the other star.

And we officially lock up promotion!!!

vs Symington Tinto AFC (3rd)

There were a lot of sniping words back and forth before the game. They've won 7 straight, but don't look that good to me, and this match is about fighting for the league lead - we've already guaranteed we're going up next year, so it's all about locking down that championship.

3 - Hill looks amped AF for this one and he charges hard to steal the ball. A cross-pitch rocket falls into Currie's line on the left side and he hits a booming cross to the right side. Hill has two defenders beat and kicks in his first ever Cambria goal!!!! 1-0

37 - Soutar has been making interception after interception on the backline, and he does here, too. Eventually, it's Grant winging out to Hoareau for the aerial ball to Currie. It takes our leading scorer time to trap and control it, but when he does, his shot torches the net to atone for an earlier shank. 2-0

57 - Lyall and Bell snag breathers, Shearer and Kelman jogging in for them

All box to wire starters other than the keeper had 7.0 or higher, keyed by Luidgi Hoareau (PotM - 7.9), Callum Hill (7.8), and Jack Currie (7.6). This was a huge victory.

@ Weirs Recreation (4th)

2 - Hill's indirect free kick goes to Soutar's head for the score, and the latter has been an absolutely incredible pickup for us since the deadline 1-0

46 - Lyall recovers his own corner and sends to Hoareau in the box. Our Frenchman is forced back, back, back, until he finds Bell in the middle. Kickback to Hoareau and he passes forward to Lyall. Feed to Currie in the half-circle and the long-range strike sings home just before half 2-0

58 - Hoareau drops to DM, Tott comes in, and Lyall is replaced at ML by Shearer

61 - Yule got beat badly on that one 2-1

Jack Currie pretty much won this one by himself with an 8.2 rating. We really slacked off in the second half.

Five games to go, and our biggest match of the year is on tap.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Hamilton FPS AFC (2nd)

Pre-game gets a bit heated in the press conference, but it's only natural because a draw here makes us champions. Lot of pressure.

57 - Grant slides down to DC to give Fraser rest, Hoareau shifts down a level to DM, and Tott comes in as MC. Hill has been horrendous, so Shearer hops on at the MR spot.

67 - Woods burns our last sub by swapping in for tired, terrible Currie

We back into it, but we're officially Scottish Amateur Division One champions!!!!

I'm just going to quickly summarize the remaining games since there's nothing left to play for.

@ Rothesay Brandanes
Absolutely stunning game by Matt Bell, his 9.0 PoTM. He scores both game's goals - 25 seconds in and then at the 66 minute mark. Murray Grant leads second with a 7.6. Another poor game by Jack Currie means Lewis Kinnaird is going to get his shot to prove he's still relevant. Bell's 25 second goal sets a new team and league record.
2-0 W

vs Overtown Thistle
An early score by Lewis Kinnaird on a Matt Bell assist has me thinking easy street, but they tie it up and that's all doing because Lucas Birnstingl was shit. Game was most notable due to injuries to rising youth pull phenom Matt Bell (Out the rest of this season) and Callum Hill (Out 2 weeks, but we'll shut him down). Set pieces specialist Ben McNiff and Gordon Shearer will play out the rest of the year at AMC/MR respectively, while Ken McBrearty likewise will play the last three matches in net to see if we need a backup keeper this offseason.
1-1 D

vs Westerlands
Short rest game and injuries mean a reversion to the 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond and some awkwardness. Wizardry by Murphy on a longball to Currie midway through the first half nets the only goal. We missed a few others, and Barna Tott's 7.5 was good enough for PotM.
1-0 W

@ Dunoon AFC
We fall behind 1-0, then go into attack mode and roar back for a 3-1 victory and one of the most complete games of the season:

$150 is all we get for winning the title, but we'll take it.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

I can't get over how great Matt Bell has looked so far. Jack Currie is definitely our best player, though I'm not exactly excited about the options behind him. I think next season Luidgi Hoareau will shift back to DM, because Barna Tott is too good at MC to have on the bench, Connor Lyall looked pretty good as an ML, and we have a new MR coming in.

No arguments here whatsoever. A little surprised Gary Kelman got as much support as he did, but no surprise Jack Currie swept pretty much everything.

I cut Kyle Rae. He's 29 years old, is clearly on the downswing, and doesn't really fit our scheme.

Transfer In - MR/DR Dan Avis (16) - From Montrose
His 8 Crossing is the best on the team, and he has 10 Flair, 15 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate with a plethora of double-digit physical attributes. Needs to work on Stamina and Strength and some mental attributes, but I love this kid already. Upgrade over Callum Hill who can now be our right side sub.

Transfer In - ST Kieran Blair (19)
Released by Clyde despite 10 Dribbling, 11 Finishing, 10 Composure and Determination, 15 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration, and 10 Pace. I love the look of him and he'll supplant Lewis Kinnaird as our #2 striker.

Transfer Out - DM/MC Luidgi Hoareau (20) (French) - To Auchinlek - $5k
There's not a lot of talent in Scotland, so it makes sense that our top guys are going to be snapped up. This may signal a formation change next season. Hurts a little seeing my LLM star across multiple dynasties walk, but I'm happy he's getting money in this universe.

Club Prestige
Celtic, Hearts, Rangers are still the unquestioned Top 3 in Scotland - all at 3.5*. We leapfrog to the top of the Amateur Division One rankings.

$225 comes our way thanks to the Caledonian Cup participation. Hopefully we do way better than the quarterfinals this year.

Transfer Out - ML/MC/AMC Connor Lyall (19) - To Buckie Thistle - Non-Contract
Welp, that hurts our chances of the 4-1-3-1-1 DM formation. The only one left on the squad who can play ML is Gordon Shearer, who didn't impress in his bench stints last year.

Transfer Out - GK Lucas Birnstingl (26) (Canadian-Scottish) - To BSC Glasglow - Non-Contract
The great thing about being near Glasglow - we can more easily convince neglected players on more prestigious teams to join us. The bad thing about being near Glasglow - it's much easier for us to get raided. So we'll be looking for another keeper, though Ken McBrearty *did* look good in his starts last season. Funny thing about Birnstingl - my staff actually considered him our best player, though I didn't agree with that assessment.

Staff is recommending 4-3-3 Narrow, flat 4-4-2, and 4-1-3-2 DM as best formations. Not gonna lie - I kinda like that 4-3-3 Narrow and we still have our other formations to fall back on.

Transfer In - GK Iain Campbell (16) - From Montrose
13 Handling, 12 Reflexes, 10 Agility. I'm quietly intrigued by this kid and think he can be groomed into a star keeper for us. Just our usual poaching of lesser talent from higher ranked clubs, and Montrose is a club we go to a lot.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Stevie O'Donnell (16) - From Albion Rovers
I'm developing a preference for players with Flair, and this kid has a drool-worthy 18!. 12 Passing, 13 Decisions and Work Rate. Not the greatest physical prospect, but that's okay.

Transfer Out - ST Jack Currie (20) - To Bo'Ness - $5k
I suppose it was too much to hope for to keep our top guy. Granted, I love shopping for strikers, but this hurts.

Transfer In - DM/MC/AMC Hugh Leslie (16) - From East Fife
10 Passing and Flair, 14 Determination and Acceleration, 12 Pace. Not a fan of this kid bitching about preseason being too early, but the checks off the Flair/Acceleration/Pace triad I prefer from my midfielders and attackers, and is determined besides.

Transfer Out - MLR Gordon Shearer (16) - To Stoneyburn - Non-Contract
Eh, whatever. I didn't like this kid anyway.

Belgium wins the Euro Championship, beating England 4-3 and snapping Spain's two-time champion streak as they beat Espana in the Quarterfinals in one of the biggest upsets of the competition.

People keep trying to poach the young talent I *just* signed. Remember that happened last season too. I signed a guy and like a week later, he headed off somewhere else.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Caledonian Amateur Premier League Promotion Odds
St. Mungo's: 1-10
Gartcosh: 1-10
Bearsden: 1-10
Cambria: 2000-1

4th seems about right with all our defections. It's a 38 game season. Champion promotes, bottom 3 relegate.

Transfer Out - MC/AMC Gary Kelman (24) - To Threave Rovers - Non-Contract
I always thought he was overrated, so not a huge deal here by any means, even if the fanbase is upset.

Blair Yule is appointed Captain, Barna Tott Vice-Captain.

The board expects us to pull the double, which I think is a little absurd, but that's just me.

Code:
Balance: $6.668 Estimated Value: $14k Average Ticket Price: $2 Average Season Ticket Price: $53 Season Ticket Holders: 67 (+2) My Reputation: 5% (+5%)

All par for the course for scrub amateur teams.

@ Bearsden
G: Iain Campbell
DM: Hugh Leslie
MC: Barna Tott/Stevie O'Donnell
ST: Lucas Dinis/Kieran Blair

Because of all the guys we've lost, and an injury to Lewis Kinnaird, we've had to change back to our original 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond.

42 - Three fucking defenders and they still couldn't stop them. 0-1

57 - Woods for Blair; Grant for Leslie

Pitiful start to the year.

[b]Transfer In - AMC/ST Andrew Malone (17) - From Easthouses Lily[b]
17 Determination!, 15 Flair, 10 Teamwork, 12 Vision, 13 Work Rate. Average all-around other stats. First player I've ever had who is "mentally tough and quite resilient". He slots in as our new SS, shifting Matt Bell to a primary backup role.

vs Symington Tinto AFC
DM: Hugh Leslie
AMC: Andrew Malone
ST: Kieran Blair/Matt Bell

17 - A scrum in their box leads to a penalty, but Blair's shot is absurdly blocked.

31 - Leslie catches a clearance at midfield and blasts it all the way out to the deep right side of the pitch where Yule is waiting. On the cross, Blair atones for his earlier screw-up, beating out three defenders to head the ball in for his first Cambria goal! 1-0

40 - Yule again gets the ball on the right side, short pass into the box to Bell. The layoff to Blair is kicked away, but Malone steps forward for the debut goal!!! Man, I love flairful players! 2-0

51 - Dinis on for Bell

61 - Leslie up to MC to replace O'Donnell and Grant comes in at DM

65 - Lovely. Leslie is knocked out, so Avis gets his debut at MC though he hasn't yet trained up to be good at that.

82 - Malone on the corner... keeper pushes away the ball, but Soutar is there to sink the rebound! 3-0

8.8 and PotM debut for Andrew Malone, 8.6 for Blair Yule, 8.4 for Barna Tott as our three stars with 8+ rating. Also a nice surprise 7.0 off the bench for Dan Avis.

Devastating injury as Hugh Leslie is out 9 to 11 months with damaged ligaments.

@ Oban Saints (5th)
D: Willie Forbes/Murray Soutar/Blair Yule/Callum Hill
MC: Stevie O'Donnell/Ben McNiff
AMC: Lucas Dinis
ST: Tom Woods/Lewis Kinnaird

Short turnaround and injuries means a lot of shuffling in our starting lineup.

8 - McNiff kicks back to Yule at the midfield line, and his pop ball forward evades the header of a defender, falling to Kinnaird in the box. Short dribble forward, and there's his first score after an injury layoff 1-0

25 - Dinis kicks it back to O'Donnell, who dribbles past the defender and delivers to Woods. Booming 25 yard crackshot goes in!!! 2-0

61 - McNiff moves up to AMC and Thomson jogs in at MC

67 - Forbes is chased, so he lays off to McDonnell. Ball goes forward to Woods for the tapoff to McNiff, and despite 1 red bar as SS, he delivers a beautiful pass into the box for Kinnaird, who beats everyone en route to his second goal of the game 3-0

A strong all around victory to put us in 4th place, and our first win against a team that didn't promote up.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Milton AFC (19th)
MC: Stevie O'Donnell/Barna Tott
ST: Lewis Kinnaird/Kieran Blair

26 - Murphy wins a jump ball challenge after a throw-in and knocks it down to Kinnaird. Our DL gets the ball back and his power cross connects with a twisting Blair, who has his own jumpball victory to knock in a header scorer 1-0

59 - Bell comes on for Kinnaird and striker switch, and we experiment with Soutar at DM, Fraser and Yule shifting left, and Avis stepping in at DR

71 - Avis and Tott keep exchanging passes after the former's throw-in, and after the ball works its way left, Murphy crosses to Avis on the right side. He passes to Tott in the box for the short give to Malone, and there's the much-needed insurance goal 2-0

Solid, but uninspiring win, Paul Murphy's 7.6 the PotM. Dan Avis records his second straight 7.0 off the bench, and I have to give serious consideration to having him start full-time.

vs Glasgow University (6th)
D: Paul Murphy/Murray Soutar/Blair Yule/Dan Avis
ST: Lewis Kinnaird/Kieran Blair

18 - Kinnaird with the killer steal in the half-circle and pass into the box for Blair to go 1v1, and he wins 1-0

35 - Soutar shifts forward to snipe in a score on Tott's corner kick. I absolutely love Soutar's ability to convert on corner kicks! 2-0

44 - Blair gets double-teamed in the box and slips it to Malone for the feed to Kinnaird and he converts 3-0

67 - Tott to Malone to Blair straightline, and the last beats the defense to put away the score 4-0

73 - Pure laziness, but whatever 4-1

Everyone but the keeper had 7.0 or higher, and it was our guys up front who did the best - PotM Andrew Malone with a 9.0, Kieran Blair with 8.8, and Lewis Kinnaird at 8.7.

We're now 2nd, a point behind the 1st place team.

Transfer In - DM/MC Liam Russell (16) - Baillleston Junior AFC
His technical and mental skills are ass, but his physical attributes are off the charts - 14 Acceleration, Agility, Natural Fitness, and Pace, 10 Balance. Another drawback - 2 Stamina, 4 Strength. Nonetheless, *very* intriguing player who I could see developing into a star.

Transfer Out - ST Lewis Kinnaird (21) - To Whitehill Welfare - $10k
He's been off to a barn-burning start this year, but I'm fine with him leaving. Inconsistent player overall, and I didn't trust him to be a huge producer on a regular basis for us. Also injury-prone. I'm amazed he's gotten the highest salary of all our players to leave to be honest.

@ Gartcosh (19th)
DM: Liam Russell

39 - Tott laterals to Malone for a stunning longball that hits Blair so far ahead of everyone else that there's no chance of the defense getting back. 1v1 = All Blair 1-0

56 - I told off the team at halftime, because we're playing like butt out there. Our opponents are using triple and quadruple teams here, so when O'Donnell takes the backpass, he highballs it out left to Murphy, and the center cross is perfectly placed for Bell to bounce the goal in via header 2-0

62 - Grant on for Russell, McNiff for O'Donnell and MC switch.

79 - Tired Avis got beat, but our central defense should have done way better 2-1

A bad win, with Andrew Malone's PotM 8.7 our lone highlight. We got away with one there .

Lucas Dinis and Grant Thomson complain about their lack of PT. Thomson works it out and we sign him to a backup deal. Dinis is still mad, so we cut him.

BTW, we're now in 1st place by a point.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

[b]@ Drumchapel Amateur FC (12th)/b]

35 - Malone picks up his own cleared corner, and on the cross, Bell bursts forward from a pack of players hanging a little too far ahead on the box, blitzing the keeper for the score 1-0

56 - Yule moves to DR, Grant takes over at DC, and Woods subs in for Blair

Workman-like win, with Andrew Malone's 7.8 PotM our standard-bearer. He's been an absolute house for us.

Tom Woods and Willie Forbes get bumps, which is cool. But they're still rotational players at best IMO.

vs Bannockburn AFC (15th)

10 - Campbell had that one stopped, but it was too stinging a ball 0-1

12 - Immediate answer as Murphy blasts the longball into the box for Bell's run and shoot 1-1

31 - Murphy intercepts a long pass and gives to Russell for the pitch-long pass to Avis on the right side. He crosses, and Bell's header bangs down into the net 2-1

64 - Forbes and Grant jog in at DL and DM respectively, as we got hit with three yellow cards early in the second half.

Matt Bell is the obvious PotM with an 8.8. and both scores, but Dan Avis was a force at DR with 7.7.

vs Strathclyde University (19th)
WBL: Willie Forbes
M: Barna Tott/Dan Avis
ST: Matt Bell

An injury to Kieran Blair in practice has us using this 5-1-2-1-1 WBL Asymmetrical MR formation

35 - You don't stop those blistering free kicks 0-1

45 - Fucking HORRID! 0-2

62 - Woods for Bell; Hill for Yule

82 - Nice score by Woods, but way too little, way too late 1-2

Blair Yule, despite this blip, and our snapping of a 7 game win streak, is now our best player after improvement.

We're still in 1st, 3 points ahead of the 2nd place team. And we address our striker issues with a signing I'll report on next time.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #21
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I randomly popped in here to read the last post of another Izulde FM Dynasty. I was rather shocked by the lack of profanity. Please tell me you aren't actually getting good at this game, or learning to respond in a more mature fashion, or any such hooey.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I randomly popped in here to read the last post of another Izulde FM Dynasty. I was rather shocked by the lack of profanity. Please tell me you aren't actually getting good at this game, or learning to respond in a more mature fashion, or any such hooey.

There's an F-word in that last post! :P

But yeah, it's gotten to the point now where the lowest leagues in mods = automatic title for at least a tier or two for me. It's pretty much rinse/repeat at this stage until I get to semi-pro status that things get interesting.

...Which probably means my next dynasty should actually start with a semi-pro team rather than the amateur snorefest.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #23
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Or you could actually stick with one of them once you get through that point and actually make your way up the pyramid ...
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Or you could actually stick with one of them once you get through that point and actually make your way up the pyramid ...

That too. I got close with the French dynasty - all the way up to CFA 2 or so, which is the first default league in France.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #25
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - ST Peter Miller (16) - From Baillieston Junior AFC
The second guy we've poached from a league foe. Like his former and once again current teammate Liam Russell, he's a raw product, but does have 13 Finishing, 15 Flair, and 10 Acceleration, grading as marginally better than Tom Woods currently with much higher upside - oh, and he's scored 7 goals with 2 assists and 2 PotM in 9 games.

@ Drumchapel United (17th)
ST: Peter Miller/Matt Bell

While still a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond, this is actually with some role tweaks to accommodate Miller's best usage when he's in there with Bell.

7 - Yule kicks back to Russell for the rainbow to Miller in the half-circle. Our newest acquisition taps it just inside the box and Bell shows off his sparkling game by hammering in his 5th goal of the year 1-0

36 - The ball gets worked back after a throw-in, with Russell dumping off to O'Donnell. Then the move nobody expected, including our own players, as he abruptly passes it into box space. Yule blinks, cuts in and takes the ball, dribbling leftwards. I'm expecting a cross, but he suddenly sees an opening and hooks in his first ever Cambria goal!!! 2-0

61 - Beautiful longball down the pitch has Bell first there. He's covered by two defenders, and standing all on his own in the middle of the box is Miller, with no one but the keeper near him. In sails the cross, and there's the debut goal!!! Grant goes in for Russell, Malone drops to MC, replacing Tott, Bell shifts down to AMC, and Woods goes in. 3-0

@ Broomhouse (2nd)
ST: Peter Miller/Kieran Blair

I *think* this is our ideal lineup, but I'm not really sure. There's the question of whether Blair Yule at DR and James Fraser at DC is better, or this setup. And does Matt Bell deserve to stay in the lineup over Kieran Blair or Peter Miller? Tough decision.

29 - Three defenders and we still can't stop them. Fucking pathetic 0-1

31 - Tott clears a free kick and a longball into space happens a few seconds later down the left flank. Miller is untouched and he crosses to Blair in the box, who spins past the defender and slots the immediate answer with ease 1-1

53 - Bell in for Malone, who is having his worst game in the purple, and Grant is on for Soutar, who is also uncharacteristically having an awful game.

57 - A series of first touch send-ons caps off in Miller using his 6'4 height to smash a header down to Blair's feet. The race is on, and there's five defenders surrounding Blair. He dribbles and cracks a magical 25 yarder to go ahead! 2-1

70 - Tott is lined up a few yards outside the half-circle for the free kick, and he sails the kick in for his first ever Cambria goal!!! What a magical moment!!! 3-1

78 - He's been quietly good his first two games, but Miller is knocked out with injury. Cue Blair shifting over to the Target Man role, Bell moving up to Poacher, O'Donnell becoming the supporting Advanced Playmaker AMC, Russell moving up to CM support, Grant shifting up a level to Ball-Winning Defensive Midfielder, Murphy sliding right to DC and Forbes jumping in at DL. I'm really salty about this.

79 - Our backline is much weaker now, and they attack Forbes and Murphy to claw one back. I'm going to be pissed if we piss this away 3-2

89 - Twisting interception by O'Donnell, and he absolutely hoofs it down the right flank ahead of isolated Bell on the counter. Dribble and cross, and Blair rises over two defenders to smash in the insurance header hat trick goal!!!! 4-2

Kieran Blair (9.5 PotM) and Barna Tott (8.2) were the men of the hour for us, overcoming a mediocre performance from everyone else other than Blair Yule (7.2) and Peter Miller (7.1 before his injury). Still this was a vital win that created a 6 point barrier between us and the two second place teams.

Peter Miller is out 3 weeks with the leg gash to end all leg gashes. Oh, and we have another game in 3 days. Terrific. Still, can't complain about our results thus far.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:45 AM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Myre Athletic AFC (Caledonian Cup 1st Round)
G: Ken McBrearty
D: Willie Forbes/Murray Soutar/James Fraser/Dan Avis
MC: Ben McNiff/Grant Thomson
ST: Kieran Blair/Tom Woods

Callum Hill got released before this game because he wanted PT and wouldn't listen to reason. Hated letting him go - he was legit for us, but we're just too deep.

32 - Our passing up front has been awful, so it relies on Thomson winging out right to Avis for a power bomb fluke score to put us ahead 1-0

We marginally improved in the second half, but it was Dan Avis' man-possessed 8.3 PotM that was our lone standout. They did a superlative job of dismantling both our strikers, who finished with matching 6.4s.

vs Doune Castle (12th)

46 - I reamed them at halftime because they're playing down to their opponents. On the opening kickoff, Tott wings out to Murphy left side for the dribble and perfectly placed ball in the penalty box that Bell converts easily 1-0

57 - Grant for Russell; Woods for Blair

7.7 and PotM for Paul Murphy, 7.4 for Barna Tott as we grind out another narrow win against an inferior opponent.

And we're stopping here, because I got distracted by something else.