Deadspin did an post on FM:

The Unreal Genius Of Football Manager, Greatest Video Game Ever
Anguscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #252
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguscl View Post

I especially like the video they included.

The Greatest Run in Football Manager History from Brian Phillips on Vimeo.

sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #253
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
BEST FM 2011 ADD-ONS

FACEPACKS
Cut-Out Megapack (Over 70,000 Faces) -- Discussion and Links

LOGOS
Shiny Logos -- Discussion and Links
Metallic Logos -- Discussion and Links

KITS
SS'11 2D Kits -- Discussion and Links

MISC
FM11 Susie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions and Awards Fix -- Discussion and Link **beta version due to be updated in a week or so**

SITES FOR ADD-ONS
Sortitoutsi.net (aka Susie) Note: Best to find stuff via the forums as some stuff isn't entered into Susie's "download library" by the authors
FM Europe **in French so good luck!**
FM-Base
The Dugout Note: Better place for discussion than downloads from what I remember
FM Scout Home to Genie Scout, which I don't believe is out for 2011 yet as of 11/4
Los Wonderkids
FM Fanboys

Thanks Sov.. any "all in one" type mod so I don't have to download 15 different links?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #254
MrBug708
Head Coach

FM 2011 Scout isn't out yet, is it?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #255
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
FM 2011 Scout isn't out yet, is it?

Wont be out until after the new year, though FMRTE and FMassistant are both out
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #256
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm having trouble as the Ireland manager. It's 2014, and I'm about to play the first game of the World Cup.

I typically remove the player selection, and then ask the ass-man for his advice, and then go through and make changes I deem necessary.

I've done this as a manager in the EPL and all the way through qualification, but now, it doesn't seem to work.

I get a message saying that "There might be spaces in my selection due to rules for the next fixture, etc." There aren't just spaces, he selects no one.

So, I thought I could go through myself and select the squad. Everything works, and I click Submit Team...

"You haven't selected a captain. You haven't selected a goalkeeper. Both of those things HAVE been selected. I'm not quite sure what's going on here.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #257
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'd expect it'll be the same as last years version tbh ($9.99 / £6.99) ....

missed that info, thanks for the reply. That'd fit my budget

FM
Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #258
RainMaker
General Manager

Is there a guide to the game anywhere online? I remember there being one last year that went into detail about tactics and stuff (it was a paid guide) and was looking for another one for this years game.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #259
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I'm having trouble as the Ireland manager. It's 2014, and I'm about to play the first game of the World Cup.

I typically remove the player selection, and then ask the ass-man for his advice, and then go through and make changes I deem necessary.

I've done this as a manager in the EPL and all the way through qualification, but now, it doesn't seem to work.

I get a message saying that "There might be spaces in my selection due to rules for the next fixture, etc." There aren't just spaces, he selects no one.

So, I thought I could go through myself and select the squad. Everything works, and I click Submit Team...

"You haven't selected a captain. You haven't selected a goalkeeper. Both of those things HAVE been selected. I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

Might need to throw out a "Ping: Marc" here...

This is now happening every game. My tactics change to :unnamed:, and then it's not recognizing my selections. Am I screwed?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Weird...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #261
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #262
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Whoa - never seen that before.

Can you not just go on holiday and advance past the match (not ideal, but it might work)?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #263
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I did that, but it immediately happens again. Tactics go back to "unnamed" and can't move past the next game.

Luckily, we beat Man U when I went on holiday
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #264
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

If you don't mind could you back up that save (at the point where you have the issue if possible) - if its not recreated/fixed in house I might petition you for a copy of it if you don't mind ..

(sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #265
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If you don't mind could you back up that save (at the point where you have the issue if possible) - if its not recreated/fixed in house I might petition you for a copy of it if you don't mind ..

(sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you)

No problem. I have a backup created, so if you need the file, let me know. Nothing else I can really do anyway, other than go on vacation and miss games, so I'll catch up with Fallout 3
Old 12-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #266
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

dola

I also transferred the save to my PC (I was playing this save recently on a Mac) and the same issue arose, if that makes it any easier.

I should also add that everything worked perfectly until the 2014 World Cup opening game of group play. What's strange is that, after at first happened, I force quit, opened it back up, and then everything seemed to work.

But then when my 2014 Man City season started, it started happening again. A force quit and reload did nothing to fix it.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #267
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
missed that info, thanks for the reply. That'd fit my budget

In case you missed it - I've now started a seperate thread for FMHi 2011 - its going to be available worldwide in the next 24 hours (our in New Zealand now, rest of world will go live as Apple see fit).

That thread contains a full feature list etc. for the new version ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #268
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Assume the latest patch is out as Steam updated me to 10.2 just now without me realizing it.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #269
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Thanks Sov.. any "all in one" type mod so I don't have to download 15 different links?

No, megapacks of that sort are generally frowned upon in the FM community as guys don't like their stuff to be passed around, many times without credit going to the original authors. Other reasons as well I presume, but it's just not like the OOTP community in that sense. It's possible you could find a megapack on some random forum or torrent sites like Pirate Bay. I'd still recommend downloading stuff individually as you can find better quality stuff and cater to your own tastes as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #270
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nice, no more custom:custom:custom x1000

It seems like the change list is too big to go in a quote box, here's a link to it on the SI boards:

Last edited by Big Fo : 12-15-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #271
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

NOOOOOO!!

none of my saved games will load

anyone else have this problem? and how did they fix it?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #272
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

just found out. new patch wont load saved games that have the polish leagues in them. nuts. SI better get this fixed asap
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Weird. I'm sure they're on it.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #274
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
just found out. new patch wont load saved games that have the polish leagues in them. nuts. SI better get this fixed asap

Good thing I have automatic update turned off in steam, or I would be hosed too

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #275
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
NOOOOOO!!

none of my saved games will load

anyone else have this problem? and how did they fix it?

From the patch notes:

Quote:
*PLEASE NOTE*

We're aware of an issue with attempting to load up older save games with the Polish leagues loaded - your save game will not load in 11.2.

This is something as said we're aware of and are looking into. If you wish to continue your game and have this league in your save, please do not patch up at this stage.

Thanks.

Doesn't help those of us on Steam unfortunately but hopefully they'll get it sorted out. I guess there is one disadvantage to Steam but 99.99% of the time autopatching is the way to go so I can't grumble.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #276
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
From the patch notes:

Doesn't help those of us on Steam unfortunately but hopefully they'll get it sorted out. I guess there is one disadvantage to Steam but 99.99% of the time autopatching is the way to go so I can't grumble.

I'm on steam and don't have a problem because of the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Old 12-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #277
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Why are guys playing with the Polish league(s) selected?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #278
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I started doing it because of work permit leagues. I just enjoy it better if I have a league as view only. So now I usually have polish, Belgium, Bulgarian leagues in my saves for that purpose.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #279
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

That was the one reason I thought it might be ticked.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #280
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I wonder if I have it selected in my savegame. Might have to start the game in offline mode and check tonight. *note to self*
Old 12-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #281
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

poland is a good league for work permits, and ive played in poland a few times (usually a 2nd manager managing my feeder team so i can play with my loaneys)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #282
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm on steam and don't have a problem because of the following:

Yes, and as I said, this is the only time I've ever had a problem like this and I like keeping my games updated so I'm not willing to give up the 99.999% success rate to avoid the one issue that I've seen.

I have a lot of games on Steam and I often go back to replay old games that I see have been recently upgraded, many with new tweaks or content. Pretty cool to me since I'd never be able to keep track of all that on my own and I always hated having to search out patches for games I haven't played in a while and want to revisit. The system isn't a problem to me; just this one off which I'm sure will get fixed.

To answer the guy about why I'm running with Poland, well, I run with all the leagues. My computer handles it fine and I like the immersion factor. That's why I run Poland. Because I can.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #283
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Yes, and as I said, this is the only time I've ever had a problem like this and I like keeping my games updated so I'm not willing to give up the 99.999% success rate to avoid the one issue that I've seen.

I have a lot of games on Steam and I often go back to replay old games that I see have been recently upgraded, many with new tweaks or content. Pretty cool to me since I'd never be able to keep track of all that on my own and I always hated having to search out patches for games I haven't played in a while and want to revisit. The system isn't a problem to me; just this one off which I'm sure will get fixed.

To answer the guy about why I'm running with Poland, well, I run with all the leagues. My computer handles it fine and I like the immersion factor. That's why I run Poland. Because I can.

Sorry, your previous post sounded like you were annoyed with Steam because of the auto-updating. So I was just trying to provide you an option to get around issues like this.

I was just trying to help.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #284
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry, your previous post sounded like you were annoyed with Steam because of the auto-updating. So I was just trying to provide you an option to get around issues like this.

I was just trying to help.

No problem. I don't have an issue over this at all. I'll just give my FM a rest until it's either sorted out or I'm ready to start a new game. Lots of goodies out there to play with right now.

The points I was making was to explain why his saved games weren't loading and to downplay this as a big issue that was somehow Steam's fault or a reason not to use them. Looks like I failed in the last part.

Interestingly both Fallout NLV and Civilization V recently had patches out and I considered turning off the auto upgrading for those two for the time being but decided against it. It's pretty cool that it's not an all or nothing deal.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #285
Axxon
Pro Starter

I have a question.

We know that positioning is for defenders and OTB is for attackers. On a corner kick, is OTB a factor for your CB's on offensive corners? I've never considered it when evaluating my talent but it makes sense that it would. The player obviously needs heading and jumping but getting open is important too.

I had a CB who was scoring buckets on corners ( default settings for corners ) and he was only a 9 on OTB but he kept finding a way to get open near the far post all the time.

Heh, I decided to try a new game while I'm waiting for the fix. This time I turned most of the leagues into view only leagues. I'm wondering how it improves the speed, which I've never worried about anyway. I'm interested in how the stats look and non playable league players develop. I kinda messed up because I'm using the new DB which will make it hard to straight compare between games but I've wondered about that too which is another reason I like playing all leagues even though I'll realistically never play in most of them anyway.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #286
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Damn. Was hoping the new patch would spur my save back to life, but still having issues.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #287
whomario
Pro Starter

my current save kind of frustrates me due to me missing to activate a couple leagues i league, might start over. Has anyone played in Russia before ? That kind of intrigues me with their strict homegrown rules and everything.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #288
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
In case you missed it - I've now started a seperate thread for FMHi 2011 - its going to be available worldwide in the next 24 hours (our in New Zealand now, rest of world will go live as Apple see fit).

That thread contains a full feature list etc. for the new version ...

hey, I had indeed missed it. Running over there to check it out, thanks for the heads up!

FM
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #289
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is there a guide to the game anywhere online? I remember there being one last year that went into detail about tactics and stuff (it was a paid guide) and was looking for another one for this years game.
Shameless bump again for anyone who might have an answer.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #290
Flasch186
Coordinator

The discount through steam pushed me over the edge to purchase. Dont tell the wife. I still hate you Marc.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #291
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The discount through steam pushed me over the edge to purchase. Dont tell the wife. I still hate you Marc.

sure thing

-- signed Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #292
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I thought I was so smart, but I guess I wasn't. I rebooted my computer for the first time in a while last night. When it came back up, Steam somehow had unset my setting to not auto-update FM. (Not sure why that occurred at all).

So suddenly when I tried to start up FM, I can't play my game now either. Oh well

I needed a break from FM anyways I guess, time to try out some other games!

Old 12-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #293
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

FM already released a quick fix to the polish bug, should automatically update on steam
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #294
Karim
College Starter

Quick question...

Is there a screen during a match that shows where the opposition has subbed players? I can see where my players are on the pitch but can't see where the opposition players are lined up.

I remember a screen like that in previous versions and I use the positions to set opposition instructions.

Thanks...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #295
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Quick question...

Is there a screen during a match that shows where the opposition has subbed players? I can see where my players are on the pitch but can't see where the opposition players are lined up.

I remember a screen like that in previous versions and I use the positions to set opposition instructions.

Thanks...

You can see on the Opposition instruction screen what position they are all playing at, or if you want a graphical view of it, you can go to information - formations to see

Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #296
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hapless Brescia

Hapless Brescia

In my Juventus game...Brescia are still in the Serie A.

In their last 3 games they've lost 7-0 to Inter (who are down in like 8th place in the league), tied 2-2 with Sassuolo (newly promoted) and lost 8-1 to Napoli. That's 17 goals conceded in 3 games!!!

Both the Inter at Napoli matches were at home for Brescia too!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #297
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quick question: how did you choose to install the game: via Steam or via disc?

I just got the game for Christmas yesterday and chose the disc route but I wonder if I'm in the minority.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #298
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I went with Steam as most of the games I play are on Steam.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #299
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Quick question: how did you choose to install the game: via Steam or via disc?

I just got the game for Christmas yesterday and chose the disc route but I wonder if I'm in the minority.

I chose Steam.. it still installs from the disc and then applies the patch.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-26-2010 at 04:37 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #300
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Should I leave the Uruguay national team (#6 in the world) for the Wallis and Futuna national team??