Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saving the AWA - TEW 2013 (1983 Mod)

The AWA should have been the promotion best positioned to stop the WWF juggernaught in the mid 1980’s. But, Verna Gagne’s stubbornness to pay his stars, led to a bloated roster of nobodies and his old buddies from the 60’s, who could barely move without a cane, let alone work. All this while teams like the Midnight Rockers and future superstars Hulk Hogan and Curt Hennig bolted for greener pastures. My goal is to change that and after Verne takes Greg’s toy away and gives the book to me, I go to work:

Released: The Crusher, Dick the Bruiser complains, so he joins him. Next up, Wally Karbo and Stanley Blackburn, we don’t need four damn road agents and these guys are just drawing free money for being Verne’s cronies. Now I get rid of more part time decrepit wrestlers as Larry Hennig, Mad Dog Vachon and Jesse Ventura bite the dust. Curt complains bitterly about his Dad being fired, but a $2500.00 bonus shuts him right up, as it does Baron Von Raschke, his is pissed the Vachon was shown the door. I finish the cuts with Rod Trongard, because I will be Gene Okerlunds sidekick and then terminate David Schultz, because he is a pain in the ass. I also wanted to dump Von Raschke and Shiek Adnan, but Verne blocks me.

Roster
Main:
Heels – Nick Bockwinkle, Ken Patera
Faces – Wahoo McDaniel, Hulk Hogan

Upper Main:
Heels – Mr. Saito, Buzz Sawyer (new signing), Jerry Blackwell, Bobby Duncum
Faces – Jim Brunzell, Rick Martel, Billy Robinson

Mid Card:
Heels – Jerry Lawler, Baron Von Raschke, Steve Regal
Faces – Curt Hennig, Greg Gagne, Mike Graham, Brad Rheingans

Lower Mid Card:
Heels – Rene Goulet
Faces – Steve O, Magnum TA (new signing), Jake Milliman, Buck Zumhofe

Opener:
Heels – Nacho Barrera, Tom Stone
Faces – Sonny Rogers, Kenny Jay

Managers:
Bobby Heenan, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey

Announcers:
Gene Okerlund and Me

Authority Figure
Verne Gagne

Referees:
Jim Mitchell, Marty Miller

Road Agent:
Blackjack Lanza

Current Storylines
Humbling the Family (Heat N/A)
Main – Hulk Hogan, Nick Bockwinkle (W/Heenan)
Support – Curt Hennig, Wahoo McDaniel, Ken Patera, Steve Regal

Wahoo on the Warpath (Heat N/A)
Main – Wahoo McDaniel, Ken Patera (W/Heenan)

Adnan’s invasion (Heat N/A)
Main – Gagne and Brunzell, Blackwell and Saito (W/Al-Kaissey)

Owner Goals
Critical:
AWA must not fall beneath cult size (2 years)
High:
Mike Graham must reach B momentum (18 months)
Jerry Lawler must reach b momentum (2 years)
Average:
Can’t hire any cruiserweights or spot monkeys (18 months)
Can’t hire any Japanese juniors (14 months)

Current Cash: $495,000
Prestige: C
Momentum: E+
TV Show(s): AWA All-Star Wrestling

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-24-2015 at 05:16 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Good stuff, I always enjoy reading pro wrestling dynasties. I never go to the TEW forums at Grey Dog Software because there are just too many dynasties.

I wish I had more time and was better at TEW, there are some grew mods out there that I could work with, but I just don't have the time or patience. I'll be following along though
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Good stuff, I always enjoy reading pro wrestling dynasties. I never go to the TEW forums at Grey Dog Software because there are just too many dynasties.

I wish I had more time and was better at TEW, there are some grew mods out there that I could work with, but I just don't have the time or patience. I'll be following along though

Thanks, I love this period of wrestling.

There is an 1980 mod over there that just got started and that will likely end up being my favorite if Alvarus does as good a job as he did with this one.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1, January 1983
TV – AWA All-Star Wrestling
ST. Paul, Minnesota
Attendance: 5000 (Sell out)
Ratings: 0.98 on medium syndication I, .14 on Mid-West and Great Lakes local

Main Show
In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Steve Regal defeated Steve O in 8:46 by submission after interference from Bobby Heenan. (E) - These two do not click at all

Bobby Heenan had an interview hyping the upcoming singles match between his client Nick Bockwinkel and Hulk Hogan at Winter Wars, then addressing the crowd “And all you stupid Humanoids and your blabbering about how much you love that overrated muscle Hogan makes me want to puke!” (B) - Heenan did not do well without a script

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Jake Milliman in 5:36 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

Hulk Hogan joins Mean Gene and goes off on a rant about how much he hates Nick Bockwinkel, threatening, “I’m gonna break you in half brother!!” (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, The High Flyers defeated Nacho Berrera and Tom Stone in 8:12 when Greg Gagne defeated Tom Stone by submission with a Gagne Sleeper. The High Flyers make defense number 1 of their AWA World Tag Team titles. (D) The High Flyers are celebrating their victory in the ring. Masa Saito, Jerry Blackwell and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey run in and attack, beating them down into the mat. (E+) Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey, Jerry Blackwell, and Masa Saito then go on to espouse on how much they enjoy hurting people as they stand over the prostrate forms of Gagne and Brunzell. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Hulk Hogan defeated Bobby Duncum in 16:44 when Bobby Duncum was disqualified when Bobby Heenan ran in and attacked Hulk Hogan. (E+) (The fans hated the ending)

Overall Rating D: Increased popularity in 5 regions, lost popularity in three regions
I screwed up the main, should have just given Hogan the clean win, so not a good start to my reign as booker. I need to hire a couple more lower mid card heels that can work for main event fodder for the TV show and I am working on getting a couple more big names as I am worried about losing Hogan.

The day after the taping I sign Jim Duggan to a main event spot and Paul Orndorff to a midcard spot and decide to release Jake Milliman.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

The stakes just got raised!!!

The day after the taping I sign Jim Duggan to a main event spot and Paul Orndorff to a midcard spot and decide to release Jake Milliman.

The WWF incursion starts, Ken Patera, Rick Martell and Bobby Duncum all give notice and I am forced to make written offers to Jim Brunzell, Bobby Heenan and Hulk Hogn to try and keep them. I know have to go after some other big names as well, with Roddy Piper being my first target along with Jake Roberts and couple of others. All written offers. I am going to bury that fucker Patera if he stays for the next TV taping!

Next I get a gut punch as Jerry Blackwell signs with the WWF, dammit!!! I do resign Hennig to a written deal for $3,320 a month, a steal IMO. New signings this week (all written) include undercard guy Johnny Martell $1,620 a month, Jake Roberts $11,400 per month (I need to make him a star!) and Pez Whatley, $3,200 a month. I lose out on Black Mulligan (WWF) and Ted DeBiase (MACW) who both sign written deals elsewhere.

The bidding war continues as I turn my sights to Sergeant Slaughter, then target current WWF employees Eddie Gilbert, Tony Atlas and current WWF champ Bob Backlund! I try several others, but Vince has already gotten his hooks into them with written deals. This is going to be a bloodbath and tomorrows TV taping a clusterfuck.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 2, January 1983
Minot, ND
Attendance: 5000 (Sell out)
Ratings: 0.96 on medium syndication I (last .98), with a .14 on Mid-West and .15 on Great Lakes local (last .14/.14)

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Sonny Rogers in 7:59 by submission with an Oriental Sleeper. (D+) *Bockwinkle stood out*

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Paul Orndorff defeated Rick Martel in 7:36 by disqualification, after Martel lost his cool with Orndorf’s underhanded tactics. (D-) *Fans hated the finish* Paul Orndorff then grabs the mic and cuts a promo proclaiming his greatness. (D-)

Greg Gagne does an interview in which he challenges Jerry Blackwell to “get your fat butt out here and take the whipping you have coming.” Blackwell comes out and accepts, attacks Gagne and it is on! (C) In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Greg Gagne defeated Jerry Blackwell in 10:12 by pinfall with a surprise cradle. During the match we also had Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey accidentally hit Blackwell. (D+) *Gagne was off his game*

A video plays hyping Hulk Hogan vs. Nick Bockwinkel at AWA Winter Wars, and the crowd goes apeshit (B)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Ken Patera in 17:33 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop in a decisive goodbye to Patera, who also took a nasty bump into the ringpost. (D+) *Wahoo was off tonight* Ken Patera is gathering himself, when Buzz Sawyer runs in and attacks him, beating Patera into a bloody pulp (D+) Bobby Heenan joins Buzz Sawyer, fires Patera for losing to that no account Indian, then announces Sawyer is joining The House of Heenan. (C+) *Both men improvised well*

Overall Rating C-: Increased popularity in 7 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions, an improvement.
Good riddance to the WWF defectors, who leave with no momentum, with a special joy found in the Patera humbling as he leaves two main storylines flat. I need to replace myself and Okerlund as announcers, as we continue to hurt matches. That will be my next priority, in addition to retooling our storylines as I get new faces in.

As the scramble continues to lock up talent, we get sergeant Slaughter for $12,380 a month to fill Patera’s spot up top and I can evolve the McDaniel/Patera angle to transition to him. Heenan resigns for $7,010 a month, a lot for a manager, but it is worth it.

Lots of competition for Tully Blanchard, with us, MACW and the WWF having written offers out. We get another big resigning as Brunzell inks a 3 year deal for $5,940 a month. Eddie Gilbert is next to come on a $2,800 a month, followed by Arn Anderson at $4,950 per month for 3 years. I was going to let Tully go, but he now becomes an important target.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

I can't believe you fired the Milkman!?!?!? WTF man?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I can't believe you fired the Milkman!?!?!? WTF man?

I know, I "wrestled" with that one, Jake was a mainstay, but the other choice was Zumhofe, who despite his hokey gimmick, is just a better worker.

So, to Jake, we raise a glass of 2%
Old 05-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

smh Zumhofe. tsktsk

The Baron can still be a pretty good worker and he gets over. Yeah, he isn't young, but flip him to heel and give him a run in the main in Pateras slot. He is super loyal so you shouldn't need to worry about losing him.

Like Steam?

Old 05-25-2015, 02:16 AM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 3, January 1983
Irvine, Ca
Attendance: 4,685
Ratings: 0.96 on medium syndication I (last .96), with a .11 on Mid-West and a .13 on Great Lakes local (last .14/.15)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan defeated Johnny Mantell in 7:51 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline Tackle in his debut. (D)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Pez Whatley in 7:38 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop. (D-) *Poor chemistry between these two* Wahoo McDaniel cuts an interview after the win and lets Bobby Heenan and the world know, there will be no rest until he has run the entire Heenan family out of the AWA! (C )

Gene Okerlund and I put over the fact that we'll be seeing Jake Roberts make an appearance tonight, the crowds seems to not care at all. (F+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Magnum T.A. defeated Nacho Berrera in 7:03 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (D-)

The High Flyers are in the ring with microphones and Greg Gagne is on fire. “There is a reason they call us the high flyers, because we go over anybody in front of us and we are laying an open challenge for any team on the roster to face us!” (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jake Roberts defeated Buck Zumhofe in 8:51 by submission, then promptly smashes the latter’s boom box on the studio floor. (E+)

The camera cuts to a chaotic scene in the back, Nick Bockwinkel and Hulk Hogan come face to face and words turn into shoving as numerous other wrestlers emerge to keep them apart, with Brad Rheingans, Kenny Jay, Magnum T.A., Buzz Sawyer, Bobby Heenan and Steve Regal all interjecting themselves to maintain order, as Hogan barks at Bockwinkle to “Come and get it brother!!” Okerlund comments that it’s going to be crazy when they meet tomorrow at Winter Wars! (C-) *Hogan was underwhelming, with Bockwinkle being strong*

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Buzz Sawyer defeated Mike Graham in 14:19 by pinfall after using a foreign object. During the match we also had Bobby Heenan distract Graham. Buzz Sawyer wins the AWA Television title, adding more hardware to the Heenan Family trophy case. (D) *The fans hate the ending*

Overall Rating: D Increased popularity in 5 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions, an improvement.
I have to fine Wahoo McDaniel for provoking Mike Graham prior to the show, he promises to be more considerate in the future. I may have to tweak our product as the fans always seem to crap on screwy finishes, which is always going to be part of the deal on TV. Guess the liked seeing 50+ Crusher and Bruiser go over stiffs clean every week on TV, but things are changing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
smh Zumhofe. tsktsk

The Baron can still be a pretty good worker and he gets over. Yeah, he isn't young, but flip him to heel and give him a run in the main in Pateras slot. He is super loyal so you shouldn't need to worry about losing him.

He is another of my favorites from back then. I will be aligning him with Al-Kaissey's Chaos Coalition stable
Old 05-25-2015, 05:29 AM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 3, January 1983
Event – AWA Winter Wars
Madison, Wisconsin
Attendance: 10,000 (Sell out)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Steve O defeated Sonny Rogers in 8:27 by pinfall with a Backflip. (E+) *Rogers off his game*

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Billy Robinson defeated Nacho Berrera in 9:49 by submission. (D+)

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Magnum T.A. defeated Rene Goulet in 7:33 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (D-)

Bobby Heenan says that he is going to introduce his new bodyguard to the world, and brings out Sgt. Slaughter, who promptly threatens to “Put the boots to all you traitors to the USA, starting with that redskin Wahoo McDaniel!” (B-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Steve Regal defeated Buck Zumhofe in 9:51 by pinfall after Bobby Heenan distracted Zumhofe, though Heenan seemed displeased when Regal was reluctant to take advantage of his intervention. (E+) *Zumhofe off his game*

The High Flyers are in the ring, when Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey comes out their open challenge on behalf of his clients Mr. Saito and Von Raschke. While their backs are turned The High Flyers don't notice Saito and Von Raschke hitting the ring from behind and get blindsided, suffering a pre-match softening up. (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Brad Rheingans defeated Pez Whatley in 12:16 by pinfall with a Bridging Cradle Suplex. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig drew with Jake Roberts in 15:00 when the time limit expired, just after Roberts took a crazy bump to the floor and appeared in Danger of losing. Heenan could be heard complimenting Roberts on his toughness in the back. (C+) *Great chemistry between these two*

Hulk Hogan had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Nick Bockwinkel, as he promised to “Unleash the Pythons all over your behind brother!!” (B)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan defeated Mike Graham in 10:52 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline Tackle. (C) After the decision is announced, Jim Duggan walks over and offers his hand as a sign of respect to Graham for putting up a great fight, and the two competitors shake hands. (D+)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The High Flyers defeated Baron Von Raschke and Masa Saito in 15:25 when Jim Brunzell defeated Baron Von Raschke by pinfall with a quick cradle. Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey attacked Greg Gagne as the latter was knocked to the floor, opening up chance for Brunzell as the Baron admired Al-Kaissey’s work on Gagne. The High Flyers make defense number 2 of their AWA World Tag Team titles. (C-) *Great chemistry between Al-Kaissey and Baron, not so much between Baron and Saito*

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Hulk Hogan in 21:23 by pinfall with a Piledriver after Bobby Heenan interfered. Nick Bockwinkel makes defense number 59 of his AWA World Heavyweight title. (C+) *The fans hated the finish* Hulk Hogan starts to get up, but is attacked by Bockwinkel and Sgt. Slaughter, who has joined the party. Seeing the assault, Wahoo McDaniel comes running in swinging a leather strap and drives the culprits away. (C+) *Bockwinkle came off well*

Overall Rating: C lost popularity in 1 region.
I point out Bockwinkle as a good example and compliment Hogan and Roberts in my post card speech, all seem pleased. A sluggish effort for my first big show and I decide to start looking in earnest for a new announcer, offering Lee Marshall. I ask Verne to take the road agent duties from Black Jack Lanza, who becomes a personality, since I can’t fire his sorry ass. The next week will see a lot of changes as the new hires will be free to start, so our next TV show will show a new direction. There will also be a couple more cuts.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

The new additions come fast, furious and with a price tag. Bob Backlund, 3 years/$17,630 a month, Tully Blanchard 4/$6,620 (I painted myself into corner to get him, must always be main event) Ivan Koloff 3/$6,180, Roddy Piper 3/$13,430, extension to Mike Graham 3/$3,380. With the new signings starting, I release Buck Zumhofe and Rene Goulet, while Nacho Berrera is stolen by the WWF and gives notice….Okay. I now have 32 wrestlers under contract (until Nacho leaves) and with all the changes the slotting shakes out as follows. (Momentum in parenthesis)

Main:
Face – Bob Backlund (-), Hulk Hogan (B), Roddy Piper (-)
Heel – Nick Bockwinkel (A), Tully Blanchard (-), Sgt Slaughter (B)

Upper Mid Card:
Face – Jim Duggan (C), Wahoo McDaniel (B-), Jim Brunzell (B-)
Heel – Ivan Koloff (-), Mr. Saito (B-), Buzz Sawyer (B-)

Mid Card:
Face – Mike Graham (C-), Brad Rheingans (B-), Billy Robinson (D), Greg Gagne (B-), Curt Hennig (C+)
Heel – Baron Von Raschke (C-), Jerry Lawler (C+), Jake Roberts (D-), Pez Whatley (D-), Paul Orndorff (D-)

Lower Mid Card:
Face – Magnum TA (D-), Steve O (C-), Steve Regal (C+)
Heel – Arn Anderson (-), Eddie Gilbert (-), Johnny Mantell (D)

Opener:
Face – Kenny Jay (E+), Sonny Rogers (D)
Heel – Nacho Berrera (D), Tom Stone (D)

Managers:
Bobby Heenan and Adnan Al-Kaissey

Announcers
Gene Okerlund and I

Referees:

Jim Mitchell and Marty Miller

Road Agent:
Verne Gagne

Personality:
Black Jack Lanza
Old 05-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 4, January 1983
Des Moines, Iowa
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell out)
Ratings: .87 on medium syndication I (last .86), with a .13 on Mid-West and a .11 on Great Lakes local (last .11/.13)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Arn Anderson defeated Kenny Jay in 8:24 by submission. (E) *No chemistry with these two*

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Tully Blanchard defeated Mike Graham in 8:17 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. (D+) *Match too physical for crowd* (This will likely be a recurring problem tonight)

Roddy Piper appears and welcomes himself to the AWA, pointing the camera he quips quizzically “Ya know, seems like there is a family here, who just isn’t to hospitable, so I think I might need to teach a few folks around here some manners, but that’s for another time” as he climbs into the ring (C) In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Roddy Piper defeated Nacho Berrera in 6:07 by submission with a Sleeperhold. (D-)

Bobby Heenan, Nick Bockwinkel, Buzz Sawyer, Steve Regal and Jake Roberts come out together, as Heenan commands the humanoids to shut up! He makes an announcement that the family is expanding, then introduces each member, conspicuously omitting Regal (C) *Too much improvisation, these guys were all over the place* Regal looks at Heenan puzzled as the brain tells him there is no room for incompetence in his house. Heenan fires Regal and the other 3 immediately begin to put the boots to have, laying in a savage beating! Roddy Piper appears with a steel chair and cleans house, likely saving Regal’s life according to Okerlund (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Johnny Mantell in 6:54 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop. (D-) As Wahoo celebrates Sgt. Slaughter appears with a microphone, and proceeds to taunt McDaniel, calling him a whiskey swilling Maggot, who has no place in a civilized society. Wahoo loses it and goes after Slaughter, who beats a hasty retreat. (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Masa Saito drew with Jim Brunzell in 15:00 when the time limit expired. Nothing is solved as security has to separate the combatants after the bell (D)

Overall Rating: D+
Increased popularity in 7 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions.
I adjusted the product to allow for some shady finishes without the crowd taking a dump all over them, but of course I left it too physical, so I will now have to tweak that to satisfy these fickle sons of bitches….or maybe it is just Iowa??? Regardless, I like the roster set up we have now and with some stability we can finally settle into some long term programs. Lee Marshall calls me after the show and signs on to take Okerlund’s place. I want to fire Mean Gene, but Heenan and Hogan step up and ask I reconsider. The last thing I need now is these two with crappy morale, so Gene is now an authority figure.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #14
Jon
High School Varsity

State of the World

What's going on in the other Feds as you save the AWA? Is the Iron Sheik WWF Champion?

BTW, I hope you take it to the McMahons.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
What's going on in the other Feds as you save the AWA? Is the Iron Sheik WWF Champion?

BTW, I hope you take it to the McMahons.

I always have hated Vince for destroying the territories

Current Champions in other major feds are

WWF: Pedro Morales (Beat Jay Strongbow for the vacant title at Royal Rumble - Backlund still held the belt when I hired him and he didn't drop it before he left)

Mid Atlantic Wrestling: Ric Flair (They are the #1 company in the US right now)

Georgia Championship Wrestling: Killer Karl Kox (Kind if a weak champion, Ole Anderson and Stan Hansen hold the tag straps, which is solid)

World Class: Kevin Von Erich (Would you expect anybody but a Von Erich? Freebirds hold the tag straps)

Championship Wrestling from Florida: Kevin Sullivan

An interesting fact from the AWA, Nick Bockwinkel has successfully defended our HW belt 59 times now. He has held the title continuously since 1975, minus a single loss to Otto Wanz in 1982, after which he promptly regained it.

Harley Race has defended the PWF title for All-Japan 24 times, also holds the WWA World title and is a 6 time NWA world champ, losing to Dusty Rhodes, who lost it to current champ Flair.

Let me know if you want to hear how any other wrestlers are doing.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

We enter the second month of my reign with $582,568 in the coffers, a profit of $82,568, which is amazing considering the money I shelled out in written contracts. Over a half million in ticket sales helped offset worker costs of $283,861, a figure that made old man Gagne almost keel over. The good news is, with our roster set that amount will drop as we paid a pretty penny in signing bonuses.

Our momentum is still only an E+ and I need to get that kick started with some good TV. I adjust the product again to tone down the physicality a bit to appease the fans. Next we sign young Steven Regal, who will undoubtedly get confused with Steve Regal, to take Barrera’s place as a jobber heel. I have a shot to sign Gordon Solie, but the price tag is too high and I have Marshall. I also have a soft spot for GCW, so I don’t want to steal their voice, so I withdraw the offer.

All-Japan offer Magnum TA and Brad Rheingans touring deals, I don’t stand in the way if they want to go as neither holds a prominent place on the roster now and it would be good experience for Magnum.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #17
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Next we sign young Steven Regal, who will undoubtedly get confused with Steve Regal, to take Barrera’s place as a jobber heel.

That's either a great tag team or a feud I couldn't resist.

Like Steam?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1, February 1983
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Attendance: 5,700 (Sell out)
Ratings: .89 on medium syndication I (last .87), with a .13 on Mid-West and a .11 on Great Lakes local (last .13/.11)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tom Stone in 10:29 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D) *Hennig looked good*

Main Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, The Wrecking Crew (Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson) defeated Steve O and Brad Rheingans in 9:07 when Arn Anderson defeated Steve O by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C-) *Blanchard looked good* After the match Blanchard and Anderson toss Steve O to the floor and lay into Brad Rheingans. As they administer a horrific beating, Lee Marshall chimes in “It’s Bob Backlund!!” The former WWF champ hits the ring, and cleans house, saving Rheingans. (C-) Bob Backlund grabs a microphone, and tears into The Wrecking Crew, telling them “I am not the kind of man to stand for bullying, so be warned!” (C)

A video plays hyping Buzz Sawyer vs. Roddy Piper in the main event on today’s program for the Georgia TV title (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Baron Von Raschke defeated Kenny Jay in 7:54 by submission with a Brain Claw. (D)

Sgt. Slaughter is called out by Wahoo McDaniel, who says he was insulted by Slaughters comments last week and invites him to put his money where his big mouth is. “Slaughter, if you are a true man, face me at Blood and Roses this month and since you like to attack my heritage so much, let’s make it an Indian Strap match!!” (C) Wahoo McDaniel stares stoically as Sgt. Slaughter comes out and gets in his face. The posturing turns physical, and a brawl erupts that soon involves Jake Roberts and Jim Duggan. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them apart before they kill each other. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer drew with Roddy Piper in 17:57 following a double disqualification, as the two men beat each senseless, brawling up into the crowd and using everything not nailed down. During the match we also had Bobby Heenan attack Piper at every opportunity. (C-) *Heenan was good at ringside*

Overall Rating: C- Increased popularity in 7 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions.
Definitely a more consistent show and our rating slide was stopped, just need to pop that one big match, which was not happened yet. I think part of the issue is our momentum sucked coming into the year and was as low as an E, it is now D-, so I just need to build on every little thing I can. Slaughter and McDaniel are now booked for the big February card Blood and Roses, and Bockwinkel will defend the title against an opponent to be named next week.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #19
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 2, February 1983
San Bernardino, California
Attendance: 5000 (Sell Out)
Ratings: .88 on medium syndication I (last .89), with a .13 on Mid-West and a .12 on Great Lakes local (last .13/.11)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Brad Rheingans defeated Eddie Gilbert in 11:33 by pinfall with a quick cradle. (D)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Greg Gagne in 8:28 by pinfall with a Piledriver following interference from Ivan Koloff. During the match we also had Mr. Saito run in and attack Greg Gagne. (C-) *Gagne was off his game* Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey joins Mr. Saito and Ivan Koloff after Gagne is helped to the back and welcomes the Russian Bear to Chaos Coalition. (D) Jim Brunzell appears as his partner is taken to the dressing room and makes it clear that the Sheiks coalition just opened a can worms by interfering in Gagne’s match (D+)

Steve Regal is introduced and is making his way to the ring for his match...but Steven Regal comes out of nowhere and attacks him in the aisle. The attack leaves Steve Regal hurt, and Steven Regal heads to the ring, to take his place, shouting he is the Real Regal! (F)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Roddy Piper defeated Steven Regal in 9:32 by submission with a Sleeperhold, so all Regal got for his selfishness was a nap. (C+) *Piper looked good* Roddy Piper then joins Lee Marshall and talks about Nick Bockwinkel. “Ya knooooow, first you put me in the ring against that rabid mutt Buzz Sawyer, I believe he’s a friend of yours Lee, but anyway. Next is this guy here, who still has a problem with the big cup of tea in Boston Harbor, Please. Haha. The Hot Rod did not come to play with Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Nick Bockwinkel….You have what I want, so let’s quit with the paddy cake and thrill me!!” (B+) Nick Bockwinkel comes out and tells Piper that he'll put his title on the line and do it at Blood and Roses, warning Piper “That the words and wishes of the unwise, will never go unpunished!” (B-) *Bock worked the crowd well*

The Wrecking Crew are shown sitting in the crowd watching the show as Bob Backlund comes out. (D) In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Backlund defeated Pez Whatley in 13:34 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing, he stops in front of Blanchard and Anderson as he leaves and wags his finger. (C-) *Backlund’s performance stood out*

Overall Rating: C Increased popularity in 7 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions.
Standard rise and fall in popularity, but again a decent show with Piper’s exchange with Bockwinkel hyping the crowd up. I did try and get an additional TV deal with Tempo, but the Great Lakes local network blocked it. I have another request for local stations in the South East and Mid South. Just for extra coverage. No change to momentum, but I am hoping a great show at Blood and Roses changes that. Brad Rheingans and Magnum TA sign to do a tour with All-Japan and New Japan respectively, no big deal for us.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-28-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #20
PilotMan
Head Coach

Let the Regal war BEGIN!

Like Steam?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 3, February 1983
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Attendance: 5939 (Sell Out)
Ratings: .89 on medium syndication I (last .88), with a .14 on Mid-West and a .12 on Great Lakes local (last .13/.12)

Pre-Show
We treat the crowd to what will probably become a once a month thing, In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Jerry Lawler won a battle royal in 17:54. The other members of the 'final four' were Tully Blanchard, Mike Graham and Arn Anderson, with Tully Blanchard being the final elimination. Tully Blanchard got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (C+)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Jake Roberts in 8:17 when Jake Roberts was disqualified when Buzz Sawyer ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. (C) *Great chemistry*

As Sawyer and Roberts prepare to deliver a beat down to Hennig, ‘Eye of the Tiger’ blares over the sound system and Hulk Hogan walks out shaking his head (B+) Hulk Hogan watches as Sawyer and Roberts cautiously retreat, then goes off on Nick Bockwinkel and Heenan. “You wanna give Roddy Piper the title shot I deserve at Blood and Roses? That’s fine brother, just remember, the 24” Pythons will be waiting, and whatcha gonna do brother, when they’re wrapped around your neck, squeezing the breath out of your lungs and prying the title from your limp, quivering arms?” (B-) Bobby Heenan fires back at Hogan. “Let me tell you something and since you have 24” inch arms and about an 8 gram brain I’ll talk slow. You had your chance you puffed up freak, so you need to start from the bottom and if you are that much of a man, you can start at Blood and Roses against Buzz Sawyer!!” Heenan leaves with Sawyer in tow, looking like he just had his favorite balloon popped. (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Eddie Gilbert in 8:44 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop. (D) As McDaniel plays to the crowd, Sgt. Slaughter appears and an argument ensues, followed by several chops from Wahoo. Slaughter sprays McDaniel in the eyes with mace, then drives him through a table, standing above him hurling insults as paramedics come to the ring. (C)

Nick Bockwinkel has an interview with Lee Marshall, talking about Hulk Hogan. “So many muscles, so little between the ears. Hogan, a Python is deadly snake, just as I suppose you believe you arms are deadly, but the true power of a man lies right here” Bockwinkel taps his temple “And the mind of one, can overcome the might of many, and that, is why I have this” holds up the belt “and you have nothing but a receding hairline.” (B+) *Bockwinkel amazing on the stick as always*

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Buzz Sawyer defeated Magnum T.A. in 17:14 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage, after clocking TA with a chair as Heenan distracted the ref. During the match we also had Bobby Heenan distract Magnum T.A.. Buzz Sawyer makes defense number 2 of his AWA Television title. (D+)

Overall Rating: C Increased popularity in 7 regions, lost popularity in 3 regions.
The usual and a poorly received main event ruined a hot crowd who was probably pining to see Bockwinkel and Hogan go right then and there. Nothing Sawyer and TA could do about that, as they had a solid match. I get some good news after the show, CKND in Canada accepted our request to expand our TV show. It is a small network, but we now have a footprint across Canada in 5 regions! Blood and Roses tomorrow night, we need a good show!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-30-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 3, February 1983
Event – Blood and Roses
Indianapolis, Indiana
Attendance: 8,200 (Sell Out)

Pre-Show
Problems of my own causing early on, I booked McDaniel and Sawyer and they are both working elsewhere tonight, DOH!! No problem, I will book on the fly and make a note to pay attention to the damn calendar.

So we start with another Battle Royal to spark the fans and get some of our undercard guys some rub. In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan won a battle royal in 20:16. The other members of the 'final four' were Jake Roberts, Billy Robinson and Eddie Gilbert, with Jake Roberts being the final elimination. Jake Roberts got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (C)

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chaos Coalition (Koloff and Saito) defeated The Heartbreak Kids (Magnum and Hennig) in 10:43 when Masa Saito defeated Magnum T.A. by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (C-)

Steve Regal is backstage, arguing with Steven Regal, who thinks the former should change his name, since only Englishmen are truly Regal. Roddy Piper is passing by and can’t resist. “Whoa there now fellas, you knooow, you two are bickering like a couple of school girls over a Leif Garret poster, no I don’t have one myself.” Looking Steven Regal “Now you, Beef Wellington, can I call you Beef? Good. You jump of the boat here and come right in acting like you own the place, and Mr. Clairol over here” pointing to Steve “Well, ya may not like his dye job, I do see some roots, but he was here first. But the Hot Rod loves a good debate, so, and I’m just throwing this out there, why don’t you settle it in ring and the loser has to change his name. Thank me later!” (D) *Piper was fantastic and saved the segment* In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Steven Regal drew with Steve Regal in 10:00 when the time limit expired, so we still have two Regals. (D-)

Bob Backlund is in the ring, talking about how excited he is to be in the AWA, when Tully Blanchard strolls down, takes the microphone. “Backlund, you may be a legend in another time, but this is not that time and nobody, legend or not, sticks their nose into business of The Wrecking Crew!” He then nails Backlund, leaving him flat on his back, spits on him and walks away. (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Greg Gagne defeated Baron Von Raschke in 11:31 when Baron Von Raschke was disqualified when Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey ran in and attacked Greg Gagne. (C) *Baron and Sheik have good chemistry*

Backlund returns to the ring with Brad Rheingans and calls out Blanchard and Anderson. “Like I was saying earlier, I am happy to be in the AWA, because it is a place of high character men and high caliber wrestlers, with no place for you two. I have one of them at my side now, so why don’t you two come join us so we can show you that cheaters never prosper.” (C-) In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Wrecking Crew defeated Bob Backlund and Brad Rheingans in 13:51 when Brad Rheingans was counted out after Tully Blanchard back dropped him onto the floor and Anderson held his ankles as Backlund lectured Blanchard on his tactics. (C-) *Anderson off his game*

Hulk Hogan is backstage confronting Bobby Heenan about Sawyer not showing up for his match claiming it is another trick to keep him away from Bockwinkel. Heenan cuts him off. “Hogan, you’d have a good mind if you ever used it, but then again I guess that’s why they call me the Brain, something you will never have to worry about. You see, I still have Sgt. Slaughter here, and since that yellow bellied redskin Wahoo McDaniel didn’t show up either, Sgt. Slaughter would be happy to give you his whipping.” Hogan smiles and nods. “Bring it brother!!” (A) In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 15:34 by pinfall with an Axe Bomber after Bobby Heenan accidentally hit Sgt. Slaughter with a foreign object. (C) *Heenan was solid, but Hogan and Slaughter don’t click* Hulk Hogan is shaking hands at ringside when all the lights go off. When they return, he is down and bleeding from a mysterious attack, though many think they catch a glimpse of Sawyer vanishing through a side exit door as the lights are brought back up. (B-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Roddy Piper in 21:42 by submission with an Oriental Sleeper after interference from Bobby Heenan that does not go awry. Nick Bockwinkel makes defense number 60 of his AWA World Heavyweight title. (C+) Nick Bockwinkel is celebrating his victory in the ring, when a bandaged Hulk Hogan runs in and attacks, beating Bockwinkel down into the mat, then chasing Heenan into the backstage area as the show ends (B)

Overall Rating: C+ The magic B rating continues to elude us, but we maintain popularity in the region
In my post match speech I praise Heenan, compliment Hogan and point Piper out as a good example. They all seem pleased. Overall not quite what I hoped for and screwing up on Sawyer and McDaniel hurt, as it led to the less than stellar match between Hogan and Slaughter, but we had another sell out and made a tidy profit, which has us $379,549 in the black so far this month, with expenses and monthly wages still to be deducted. The show also got great feedback from the fans and praise from the dirt sheets.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 4, February 1983
St. Louis, Missouri
Attendance: 1,824
Ratings: .81 on medium syndication I (last .89), with a .12 on Mid-West and a .11 on Great Lakes local (last .14/.12)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, The Wrecking Crew defeated Sonny Rogers and Kenny Jay in 7:29 when Arn Anderson defeated Sonny Rogers by pinfall. (C-) *Blanchard stood out, the match listed the crowd and Rogers and Jay have great chemistry*

Main Show
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Paul Orndorff defeated Steve O in 8:16 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+) *Orndorff performed well*

Buzz Sawyer is in the ring telling the crowd he did to Hulk Hogan a favor by not showing up at Blood and Roses. “Hogan…arghh, you can’t fight a mad dog and expect to have 10 fingers and toes when you’re done” Sawyer screams incoherently, then turns to find Hogan has snuck out of the crowd and is standing behind him. Sawyer eats a right hand, then bails and runs for safety. (D+) Nick Bockwinkel comes out as Hogan remains in the ring working the crowd. “Hogan, apparently the peroxide has induced a cerebral imbalance, attacking innocents like Sawyer, who was so graciously apologizing for not biting your hand off. So, in the spirit of peace and philanthropy, I will give you a title shot at Ides of March, on the simple condition that, you are still able to walk by then.” Bockwinkel smiles and walks into the back (B-)

In an extremely short match, Jim Duggan defeated Tom Stone in 3:32 by pinfall with an Old Glory Knee Drop, then promptly marched into the audience waiving his flag, to slap hands and sweat on people (D+) *Duggan looked good*

Roddy Piper is shown on camera backstage with Lee Marshall and promptly launches into a tirade on multiple topics. “Ya knooooow, the Hot Rod has had a busy week, I mean, why in the world would two sets of parents in different countries, not that I don’t like the brits, but I don’t, give their kids the same stupid name? I’ve got my own business, and baby business is good, but I can’t baby sit a 12 year old and a gorgeous George wannabe, while I’m having to look over my shoulder at Weasel’s, er, I mean Heenan’s band of hygienically challenged mistfits, that means they stink Lee. So Regal and Regal, you either start yourself a law firm, or settle you differences, cause Heenan and family, the Hot rod is coming, and he’s in the mood to chop down some trees!” (B+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The High Flyers defeated Pez Whatley and Johnny Mantell in 10:34 when Greg Gagne defeated Johnny Mantell by submission with a Gagne Sleeper. The High Flyers make defense number 3 of their AWA World Tag Team titles. (D) As the High Flyers are celebrating their victory in the ring, Chaos Coalition (Saito and Koloff) run in and attack, leaving both motionless on the mat. (E+)

Sgt. Slaughter is backstage, arguing with Wahoo McDaniel, telling him it’s not his fault his radiator broke and he missed their match at Blood and Roses. It gets heated when McDaniel reminds Slaughter he only mentioned car troubles, not a radiator. Just as all hell is about to break loose, Gene Okerlund intervenes and books them to face each other in a singles match right now, ordering them both to the ring! (C+) In a bout that had great heat and good action, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 16:44 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after interference from Bobby Heenan. (C-) *Heenan was awesome at ringside*

Overall Rating: C Increases our popularity in 7 regions and we lose popularity in 3
I really thought the top quality main event would boost us to a B-, or at least hold a C+ where we don’t lose ground anywhere. The crowd was definitely into the match, but it just didn’t put us through the ceiling we are at right now. I purposely ventured out of our normal circuit, knowing the crowd would be smaller, but I want to branch out and not over saturate our main areas of operation. I think the finances are in good enough shape to support this once a month. The ratings drop is alarming though!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22 PM   #24
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 1, March 1983
Baltimore, Maryland
Attendance: 1,263
Ratings: .84 on medium syndication I (last .81), with a .14 on Mid-West and a .12 on Great Lakes local, .01 on Canada CKND (last .12/.11/NA)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Heartbreak Kids (Magnum TA and Hennig) drew with Eddie Gilbert and Paul Orndorff in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (C-) *Gilbert and Orndorff have good chemistry*

Main Show
In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Jerry Lawler in 9:19 when Jerry Lawler was disqualified when Wahoo McDaniel ran in and attacked Sgt. Slaughter as we come out on fire. (B-) *Lawler and Slaughter have good chemistry* After the match a furious Sgt. Slaughter grabs the mic and goes off on Wahoo McDaniel. “You filthy, firewater drinking maggot, you want to keep this war going? I will court martial you!!” (C+)

Bobby Heenan remains in the ring after Slaughter leaves, opening a big suitcase of money. “Hogan, did you really think you were in for a cake walk on the path to Ides of March you stupid caveman! Like Nick Bockwinkel said, the title shot is yours, if you make it that far, and $10,000 says you don’t!” (C-) A large, imposing figure emerges from the back and walks to the ring. Lee Marshall, “Holy cow, Big John Studd!!” Studd walks up to Heenan, shakes his hand and tells him it will be money well spent. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Chaos Coalition defeated Mike Graham and Billy Robinson in 10:50 when Ivan Koloff defeated Billy Robinson by pinfall with a Russian Sickle after Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey interfered. (D+) *Screwed up, I had a hot crowd and booked this wrong* After the match the Shiek and his minions form a barely coherent challenge to the High Flyers for the tag team belts (D) Gagne and Brunzell come out and gladly accept the challenge, promising to defend the belts and America (D)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Bob Backlund defeated Tully Blanchard in 18:28 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing. Arn Anderson tried to get into the ring and break the hold, but Brad Rheingans ran out and grabbed his ankles, preventing his interference and forcing Blanchard to submit (C)

Overall Rating: C Increases our popularity in 7 regions and we lose popularity in 3
Our first B match, but to open the show, dammit!! I miscalculated the crowd and booked the main to have a slow build, which was not needed since Slaughter has stroke in this region. This will be our one trip outside of our big three regions this month. Buzz Sawyer shows up late for the show, so I fine him and get a whatever.

Not much to crow about for our debut show in the Canadian market, but it will pick up. We made a profit of $77,225 in February and currently have $695,694.00 in the coffers. Our worker cost last month was $218,851, we did $482,950 in ticket sales and $28,400 in merchandise, among other income/expense items.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 2, March 1983
San Diego, California
Attendance: 3,500 (Sell Out)
Ratings: .67 on medium syndication I (last .84), with a .09 on Mid-West and a .10 on Great Lakes local, .01 on Canada CKND (last .14/.12/.01)

Pre-Show
In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Steve Regal defeated Steven Regal in 7:52 by pinfall with a fast roll up. (E+)

Main Show

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The High Flyers defeated Eddie Gilbert and Paul Orndorff in 9:53 when Jim Brunzell defeated Eddie Gilbert by submission. The High Flyers make defense number 4 of their AWA World Tag Team titles. (D+) *Gilbert and Orndorff great chemistry* Jim Brunzell lingers near the entrance after the match to sign autographs, when Baron Von Raschke come out of nowhere slams Brunzell right onto the metal barrier. Baron Von Raschke walks off laughing maniacally, while Jim Brunzell is stretchered out on a back board. (D) *Baron underwhelmed*

Roddy Piper interrupts Steven Regal, who is complaining about his loss to Steve Regal before the show came on. “Noooow, listen here buster, or Harvey Bumblefoot, or whatever you want to called, because the Hot Rod knows this. When I see you next week, you better be going another name, because you lost. And where I come from, losing makes you, a loser, pretty simple ain’t, now move along, it’s time for big Daddy to go to work!” (D+) *Piper came off good* In a match that had some good action and average heat, Roddy Piper defeated Pez Whatley in 10:21 by submission. (C+) *Piper had a good match* Buzz Sawyer comes to the ring and challenges Roddy Piper to a match at Ides of March. “Piper, you wear a skirt, women wear skirts, and I slap ugly women....PIPER, FIGHT ME YOU WOMAN!!” (D-)

Sgt. Slaughter and Roberts attack Wahoo McDaniel as he prepares to give an interview, after beating him down, Slaughter whips him with his crop. (D-)

Hulk Hogan comes to the ring and goes on a rant about the Heenan Family. “Let me tell ya something brother, we’ve got a coward with the belt, Gomer Pyle and a Snake, all running around scaring the little Hulkamaniacs and now you have Big John Studd, thinking he is going to make 10 grand by stopping me from getting Bockwinkels belt, well brother, the Pythons think otherwise, so come give it your best shot!” (D+) In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Hulk Hogan defeated Big John Studd in 13:32 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop. During the match we also had Nick Bockwinkel run in and attack Hogan, which only served to fire him up and send Bockwinkel running. (D) Hulk Hogan goes after Nick Bockwinkel after his hand is raised, but Bockwinkel runs into the crowd and out one of the exit doors (C-)

Overall Rating: D Increases our popularity in 5 regions and we lose popularity in 3
This was a suckfest, the crowd was very “California” from the opening bell on and even a confrontation between the two biggest names in the company after the last match did not spark them. One TV show before Ides of March, and it will be held in the Midwest so we can recover some momentum. On top of that our worst ratings ever!!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 3, March 1983
Greeley, Colorado
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)
Ratings: .80 on medium syndication I (last .67), with a .10 on Mid-West and a .11 on Great Lakes local, .01 on Canada CKND (last .09/.10/.01)

Pre-Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Arn Anderson defeated Billy Robinson in 12:02 by submission. (C)

Main Show
Greg Gagne comes out and addresses the Chaos Coalition. “Adnan El-Kaissey, your goons may have taken out my partner, but I still have an ace in the hole for tomorrow night at Ides of March, you might even say, it’s all in the family!” Out comes Verne Gagne, who joins his son in the ring. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jake Roberts defeated Steve Regal in 7:58 by submission after interference from Steven Regal, who is sporting a T-shirt that says ‘I am still the real Regal’ (D-) *Heenan was solid at ringside*

Bob Backlund confronts Tully Blanchard in the ring about what he calls he and Arn Andersons bullying. The argument soon turns physical, and they are joined by Arn Anderson and Brad Rheingans for a wild brawl, with the chaos spilling out all around ringside. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them apart before they kill each other. Blanchard storms off threatening to “destroy Backlund if there is anything left after Arn Anderson is through with him tomorrow night!” (D+)

Bobby Heenan has a microphone, and tears into Hulk Hogan, telling him “You’re not home free yet you simpleton, you have one more day to go until Ides of March and I would hate for anything to happen to you that might break the hearts of all these brainwashed humanoids that worship your receding hairline.” (B)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Roddy Piper defeated Tom Stone in 9:45 by submission with a Sleeperhold, smiling to the crowd as Stone went unconscious, then calling Buzz Sawyers name as his hand was raised. (D+)

Wahoo McDaniel is in the ring when Sgt. Slaughter comes out. Slaughter says that he accepts the challenge, again, and will face him in an Indian Strap match tomorrow at Ides of March, as long as Wahoo can find the arena this time. (C+) *Heenan helped Slaughter look good*

Johnny Mantell comes out to face Hulk Hogan, who waits in the ring...but Abdullah The Butcher comes out of nowhere and attacks him in the aisle. Mantell is left in puddle of blood as the shocked crowd watches Abdullah head to the ring, taking Mantell’s place in the match! (E) In a match that had some good action and average heat, Hulk Hogan defeated Abdullah The Butcher in 16:06 by pinfall with a Big Leg Drop, despite Heenan trying every trick in the book to get into Hogan’s head. The bounty goes uncollected and Hogan will face Bockwinkel at Ides of March for the world title (C)

Overall Rating: C Increases our popularity in 7 regions and we lose popularity in 3, the usual
Had a lot to set up for Ides of March and I am thinking about extending the TV show on an hour and a half, just way too much going on to fit into an hour. But, for the most part everything is set for our big end of month card tomorrow. Wahoo is messing with Kenny Jay backstage and I fine him for almost causing a fight. He promises to be more considerate.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-13-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday Week 3, March 1983
Event – Ides of March
St Paul, Minnesota
Attendance: 9,000 (Sell Out)

Pre-Show
We continue our big show tradition In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jim Duggan won a battle royal in 14:22. The other members of the 'final four' were Curt Hennig, Steve Regal and Pez Whatley, with Curt Hennig being the final elimination. Jake Roberts got the most eliminations over the course of the match. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Baron Von Raschke defeated Kenny Jay in 10:25 by submission with a Brain Claw. (D+) *Von Raschke looked good and he and Jay have great chemistry*

Main Show
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Bob Backlund defeated Arn Anderson in 9:30 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing after botched interference by Tully Blanchard, who is promptly chased off by Brad Rheinghans. (C-) *Backlund was off his game* Brad Rheingans looks for Tully Blanchard backstage, but is blindsided as he rounds a corner, Blanchard attacks Brad with a chair, drags him to a car outside, tosses him into the trunk and takes off. (D)

Bobby Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel come to the ring hyping the upcoming singles match for the belt with Hulk Hogan. Bockwinkel is stoic, but Heenan has some words of warning. “Hogan, you really think we would have let you get here if we didn’t want you to be. Studd, Abdullah? All part of a master plan and tonight you find out it’s a dog eat dog world Hogan…..And you Nick Bockwinkel’s Milkbone!” (B+) *Heenan worked the stick like a magician*

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Magnum T.A. defeated Tom Stone in 8:13 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Poor filler match (E+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Paul Orndorff defeated Mike Graham in 8:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Buzz Sawyer drew with Roddy Piper in 14:22 following a double disqualification as they used anything not nailed down on each other (D+) A bloodied Roddy Piper returns to the ring, grabs a mic and taunts a retreating Buzz Sawyer. “Sawyer you know you’re as strong as an Ox, and almost as smart, but when you start a war with me, you’re throwing rocks at a man with a Machine Gun, it ain’t over Jack!” (B-)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chaos Coalition defeated Greg Gagne and Verne Gagne in 14:10 by stoppage when Verne Gagne was injured and could not continue, when Saito slammed him on the cement. Chaos Coalition win the AWA World Tag Team titles. (D+) *Match suffered from lack of selling*

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Wahoo McDaniel in an Indian Strap match in 16:19 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after interference from Bobby Heenan. During the match we also had Bobby Heenan distract McDaniel. (D+) Wahoo McDaniel is livid and goes after Heenan, but Jake Roberts runs out and jumps him. Slaughter and Roberts then take turns whipping Wahoo with the strap until Jim Duggan comes out from the back, hits the ring, and cleans house, saving McDaniel. (C) *Roberts was dreadful*

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Hulk Hogan defeated Nick Bockwinkel in 20:34 by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. The finish saw Roddy Piper take over as referee after the original official was knocked out due to Heenan’s interference, allowing Hulk to score the pin as Piper applied a quick count. Hulk Hogan wins the AWA World Heavyweight title!! (B-) Hogan drops to his knees as he is given the belt, then celebrates with a crowd, climbing to the top of each turnbuckle (B)

Overall Rating: C+ We maintain popularity
I was worried we were going to bomb, but Hogan and Bockwinkel saved the card with a stellar main event to give us our first B main and highest show rating yet. I am baffled that Piper and Sawyer can’t get more heat, it is match made in heaven but the results are anything but. I get feedback that Verne Gagne was used far too much on the show, but with him and Brunzell hurt I can keep Greg on the backburner for a bit until Jimmy gets back. After the match I compliment Hogan and Bockwinkel and praise Heenan, who is always solid with anything he does. All seem pleased. The wrestling press reports the show was great and has drawn a lot of praise. I wish the segment ratings reflected that more!
Old 06-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

Friday Week 4, March 1983
New York, New York
Attendance: 1371
Ratings: .79 on medium syndication I (last .80), with a .10 on Mid-West and a .11 on Great Lakes local, .01 on Canada CKND (last .10/.11/.01)

Pre-Show
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tom Stone in 12:04 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D-) Curt Hennig heads to the back as the intro music to the TV show plays, when he is jumped by Pez Whatley and Paul Orndorf, who proceed to kick the tar out him for no apparent reason. (E)

Main Show
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Buzz Sawyer defeated Steve O in 9:18 by pinfall with a Diving Splash. Buzz Sawyer makes defense number 4 of his AWA Television title. (D-) *Heenan was good at ringside*

The Wrecking Crew attack Brad Rheingans as he stretches backstage, delivering a savage beating that sees an ambulance called to take Brad to the Hospital. Bob Backlund arrives after the fact to comfort his friend (F+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Chaos Coalition defeated Billy Robinson and Mike Graham in 12:13 when Ivan Koloff defeated Billy Robinson by pinfall with a Russian Sickle in a non-title match. (D) Greg Gagne appears as Saito and Koloff celebrate and promises it is not over. “You think you can get away with injuring my friend and partner. Then, you take it to a whole new level and injure my father! Let me tell you something, I may not be much to look at, but you know what they say about dynamite and I’m putting the call out now for a partner to give you the butt kicking you have coming!” (D+) *The Sheik helps Koloff and Saito, but Gagne again underwhelms with his less than silver tongue*

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Roddy Piper defeated Eddie Gilbert in 8:23 by pinfall. (D+) A furious Bobby Heenan storms out and screams at Piper from the interview area, swearing that he will be held accountable for costing Bockwinkel the title against Hogan. (C-) Piper joins Heenan and grabs the mic. “You knoooow, weasel, ferret, whatever stinky rodent you are, I am sorry. Ya see, the Hot Rod, that’s me now, well, I am a tender soul, medium rare, ah, maybe medium, but I digress. I owe you an apology for what happened ad Ides of March, because well, I forgot to do this.” With that Piper slaps Heenan across the face and then plants a foot in his backside sending him crashing against the podium, then walks off laughing. (C-) *Piper improvised well*

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bob Backlund defeated Arn Anderson in 9:44 by submission with a Cross Face Chicken Wing, but after Anderson submits and bell rings, Backlund does not relinquish the hold, yelling this is for Brad as it appears Anderson suffers dislocated shoulder. (C+)

Hulk Hogan joins Lee Marshall and after soaking in the adulation of the crowd, addresses his big win for the title. “Let me tell ya something luscious Lee! A lotta of people are whining brother! Saying that the Hulkster didn’t earn the belt because I had a little help from a friend. Well that just evened the score brother and let the Hulkster focus on this!” Hogan holds up the belt “And Heenan you and your family can say what you want, put the belt belongs to me brother and whoever wants a shot, will have to go through these!!” Hogan flexes his pythons and walks to the back (B+) *Hogan improvised well*

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Jim Duggan defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 18:09 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline Tackle following interference from Wahoo McDaniel, who caught Slaughters attention as the referee dealt with Heenan and delivered a devastating chop. (C)

Overall Rating: C Gain popularity in 7 regains and lose it in 2
Our first 90 minute show and not a bad first outing in Vince’s backyard as Backlund still has some cache here and the crowd loved Hulkster. This gets us in the door and we will look to come here at least every other month down the road.

We sign rookie Rick Rude to a written deal at $3,100 a month and Tim Patterson for $1,610 a month. Next we open a developmental territory called Rocky Mountain Wrestling for $150,000 to get our younger guys some more experience. We send Patterson and Rude there and will soon follow with a few others from our current roster to gain some in ring time away from the spotlight. I am also looking to sign veteran Nelson Royal to go the RMW and serve as a trainer.