Pro Rookie

Good show, Chris!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #502
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys. Btw, my real name isn't Chris, just my character's name

June 23, 2013 -

Today we host Uruguay in a Group A Match of the Confederations Cup. Uruguay has several dangerous players particularly at the striker position. Real Madrid Striker Horacio Peralta is always a danger to score. Mallorca striker Javier Ernesto Chevanton is a highly skilled player. Valencia striker German Hornos is also very dangerous. Left winger Ruben Ariel Olivera is a very good player. Carlos Diogo is good on the right wing. Their keeper Gustavo Munua is also quite good.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 80's today.

We are 4-6 favorites.

Ashley Cole and Luke Moore are out due to injury.

GK: Robinson
DL: Barry
DC: Ferdinand
DC: Brown
DR: Hargreaves
ML: Downing
MC: Cole, Joe
MC: Jenas
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney
SC: King, Craig
S1: Taylor
S2: King, Ledley
S3: Ashton
S4: Stead
S5: Prutton
S6: Bennett
S7: Defoe
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #503
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: cole passes to Rooney in the box.. good play by their defense to shut Rooney down before he can shoot.

27 minute mark: Eagles with a brilliant pass across the field to Downing in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. good save by the keeper.

41 minute mark: Robinson with a solid save of a long range shot by Gembo.

44 minute mark: Downing passes to Jenas outside the box.. he blasts a shot over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. There are over 76,000 fans here in Santiago at the Estadio Nacional today.

Craig King is hurt slightly and playing bad, I decide to put Defoe in for him.

52 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Downing left of the box.. he heads it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

55 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for a trip on Peralta.

62 minute mark: Prutton on for Jenas and Ashton on for Rooney who is very tired.

72 minute mark: Downing beats two defenders... passes to Ashton who is 10 yards from goal.. he shoots.. the keeper barely blocks it.

80 minute mark: Downing with a corner to the near post.. Defoe is pushed by the keeper.. penalty awarded! Ashton steps up.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

83 minute mark: Robinson stops a long range shot from Peralta.

86 minute mark: Wes Brown with a very good defensive play on Perlata. I never realized he could play centreback so well.

88 minute mark: Robinson stops a long range shot from Hornos.

Game over. 1-0 win for us

We outshot them 9-4 (5-3 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 15 of 20 passes, 0 tackles, 4 of 7 headers, 2 interceptions, 14 runs, 3 fouls drawn.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #504
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We have qualified out of our group for the Semi-final of the Confederations Cup.

The media is spectulating that Everton may sell striker Mauro Di Mauro to Inter for about 42 million dollars.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #505
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 27, 2013 -

The semi-final has been drawn. We will play Nigeria in the Confederations Cup Semi-final on June 30th, 2013.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #506
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 30, 2013 -

Today we play Nigeria in the Confederations Cup Semi-final. Uruguay and Brazil will play in the other semi-final. Nigeria is a quick team with a good deal of talent. However, they will be missing their best striker, Obafemi Martins who is injured for this game. However, Yakubu (yes the one who plays for Liverpool) is a talented scorer. Christian Obodo is a very good midfielder. Joseph Yobo is a talented defender. John Ayuba is a good keeper. Also, I'll be keeping a close eye on attacking midfielder Bartholomew Ogbeche who is quite talented.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 80's.

We are 4-5 favorites.

DL: Cole, Ashley
DC: Brown
DR: Hargreaves
MC: Barry
SC: Defoe

S2: King, Ledley
S3: King, Craig
S4: Cole, Joe
S5: Ashton
S6: Bennett
S7: Moore
Old 05-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #507
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first thing I notice is that they are using a different formation than my scouts predicted. They are using a 4-2-3-1 (with 3 attacking midfielders.) This should be interesting. Interestingly, Yakubu is not starting.

3 minute mark: Downing passes to Jenas.. he blasts a shot from 25 yards.. Barry is called for being offside.

11 minute mark: Ogbeche with a powerful shot.. upper left corner.. Robinson dives.. solid save.

13 minute mark: Downing passes to Barry just outside the box... he shoots.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

20 minute mark: Hargreaves starts the counter attack.. long pass to Rooney.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

28 minute mark: Brown with a good defenisve play to intercept a counter attack.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. There are only 61,000 fans here at the Estadio Monumental today.

56 minute mark: Downing passes to Jenas.. he blasts a shot over the bar.

61 minute mark: Ashton on for Jenas, Ledley King on for Jenas, and Joe Cole on for Downing.

The crowd gives Downing a standing ovation as he heads off the pitch.

65 minute mark: Ashton passes to Joe Cole in the box.. he shoots.. lightning quick shot.. upper left corner.. very impressive block by the keeper.

71 minute mark: Joe Cole gets a yellow card for a trip.

83 minute mark: Ashton passes to Rooney in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

87 minute mark: Hargreaves with an aggressive tackle.. he gets a yellow card.

End of Regulation. 0-0 tie. Time for extra time.

91 minute mark: Barry passes to Ashton in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

102 minute mark: Yobo trips Ashton just outside the box.. Yobo gets a yellow card.

103 minute mark: Cole passes to Ashton in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

Halftime of extra time. 0-0 tie.

Guys are very tired now.

113 minute mark: Ashton steals the ball from Yobo.. dribbles into the box.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! I really should have gotten Ashton when I could a few seasons ago for cheap. He is a gritty player.

119 minute mark: They are piling on the pressure, but Paul Robinson just had 3 saves in a row. Great play in goal.

Finally, the game ends! 1-0 win for us

We outshot them 18-11 (10-5 on target)

Downing won MoM, 9 for form 12 of 15 passes, 0 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 2 interceptions, 16 runs.

Ashton also had a 9 for form.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #508
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We will be facing Brazil in the final after they beat Uruguay 1-0.

The match will be played on July 3, 2013.

Owen Hargreaves has reached a yellow card limit and will be banned for the final!

Joe Cole has also reached a yellow card limit and will miss the final
Old 05-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #509
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2013 -

The Board is pleased with my performance.

The transfer window is now open, and I find myself needing to think about where I should improve my club and what I need to do during this window. I definitely think that I don't need many players, and I'll probably be looking at one big splash with this 59 million dollars available to me.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #510
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to take some time to consider my next move for the club, but I'm thinking that defense is still our biggest need. Gabriele Marchetti and Matias Cahais have developed very nicely, but Salva is questionable but still young. If he develops, than I really don't need another star young defender. However, Roberto at Barcelona is a 23 year old centreback/central midfielder who looks like a true blossoming star. He would be a dominant defensive midfielder/centreback. It's tempting. The only other possibility is at keeper, but I'm seeeing signs of development in Chris Taylor. Finally, I could splash the cash on another star striker, but he might become upset at not playing enough since Rooney and Adriano will be our main players at the position.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #511
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After careful consideration, I decide 20 is too young to write Salva off, and Lucio and Ferdinand should be useful at least part time this year. Also Chivu will be available to play centreback more as Schmidt will be starting left back. Therefore, I will go after a striker. I'm going to make one final bid on Adu, but I doubt Chelsea will sell for 59 million.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #512
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2013 -

Dijon have signed Cedric Gomis from us on a free transfer.

West Ham have signed Carlos Bocanegra from Fulham.

Newcastle have signed Pedro Mendes from Tottenham on a free transfer.

Aston Villa have paid Lazio 31.5 million dollars for Colombian striker Jhon Jairo Mosquera.

Phil Neville, Damien Duff, Louis Saha, Andy Ford, Ben Walters, and Bob Wright have left the club.

We play Brazil today in the Confederations Cup Final. It will be tough with two of our key guys suspended.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #513
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 3, 2013 -

Today we play Brazil in the Confederations Cup Final. We are the title holders from last year, and I don't want to be the coach to blow it. Brazil has a very talented team led by five superstars. My Adriano is considered their best player, but he is injured for this match. Chelsea's Adriano is their other star striker. Robinho is a very talented striker. Daniel Carvalho is a very good left winger. Nelio is a good right winger. Fabricio is a great midfielder. Andre Bahia is a very good centreback. Luis Carlos is a solid midfielder. Diego is a good keeper. They will be tough to beat.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 70's.

Brazil are 5-4 favorites.

DL: Cole, Ashley
DC: Bennett
DR: Brown
MC: Prutton
SC: Defoe

S2: King, Craig
S3: Moore
S4: Stead
S5: King, Ledley
S6: Barry
S7: Ashton
Old 05-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #514
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Defoe passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper saves it.

7 minute mark: Fabricio intercepts the ball at midfield.. passe sit long to Robinho.. he fakes out Ferdinand.. shoots.. upper left corner.. it's past Robinson... GOAL. Down 1-0.

10 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney by the near post.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

22 minute mark: Brown passes to Eagles.. he passes to Defoe in the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. Diego stops it.. Defoe with the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper stops it again.

37 minute mark: Downing passes to Eagles in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They are playing strong defense.

55 minute mark: Rooney has picked up a minor injury, but it is impairing him too much. I'm pulling him for Ashton.

58 minute mark: Prutton crosses to Jenas in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

65 minute mark: Moore on for Eagles who is exhausted, and Barry on for Jenas who is tired.

71 minute mark: Moore crosses long to Downing who heads it to Prutton in the box.. he heads it at goal.. great save by the keeper.

80 minute mark: Moore beats two defenders.. crosses it to Prutton.. he heads it.. the keeper saves it.

93 minute mark: Barry passes to Ashton in teh box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it!

Game over. 1-0 loss

We outshot them 17-9 (9-3 on target)

Their keeper, Diego, wins MoM.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #515
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The fans and media are disappointed that our players blew too many opportunities and didn't win this game.

The English Football Association has reported that they are "satisfied" with my job as manager of the national team in the Confederations Cup. My next national match will be a World Cup qualifying match against Andorra on August 31, 2013.

This will end this season's thread as the Confederations Cup is over, and we are about to start a new season. I will start a new thread for the next season in the near future.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-08-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:50 AM   #516
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Thanks guys. Btw, my real name isn't Chris, just my character's name
Oh, upes. Sorry.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:58 AM   #517
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Dude . . . it's all about Jesus. Just think of the humour possibilties.

You know you want to.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #518
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Dude . . . it's all about Jesus. Just think of the humour possibilties.

You know you want to.

I'm going to give Chris Taylor a bit of a bigger chance to shine. He really does have great potential. Also Jesus' team seems attached to him

Oh yeah, I've started the next season's thread. You can follow along here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...ad.php?t=38819
Old 12-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #519
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
August 9, 2012 -

England is not in the Olympics group stage.

AFAIK, England can't take part in Olympics soccer tournaments, cause it's not a sovereign state - it's the UK of GB & NI who can play there... But, since it's still England, Scotland, Wales and NI who play in the qualifying rounds, I can't imagine how they determine who goes to the Olympics to represent the UK, if more than one of those qualify
Christomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #520
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
July 1, 2012 -

I don't apply for club jobs, but I certainly do apply for National Jobs if I think I have a chance of being accepted. I'm going to apply to become England's Manager.

Michael van Praag has been sacked from Holland's National Team as they are disappointed with the team's failure to win the European Championship.

So you never applied for the Man Utd job? I remember you were tempted to apply for it, but you were afraid not to disturb your players at Wigan...

...Hmm, and, why is that name so familiar to me?.... Michael van Praag - I think that was how Ajax's chairman was called Surely it's not the same Michael van Praag!? I can't quite imagine a club chairman being appointed national team manager...LOL
Old 12-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #521
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
I believe teenagers are also eligible for Champions League, even without being declared to be on the European roster. I wouldn't quote me on that but that's been the case for me in both CM01/02 and the FM'05 demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Close enough, you can play unlimited U21 players as long as the player's been on your team for at least two seasons

In my CM 01/02 experience I can play unlimited U20 players (they become ineligible on their 20th birthday unless they registered on the European roster), regardless of how long they have been on my team. But the rules might have changed since 2002 IRL, hence in CM/FM too.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #522
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christomir
So you never applied for the Man Utd job? I remember you were tempted to apply for it, but you were afraid not to disturb your players at Wigan...

...Hmm, and, why is that name so familiar to me?.... Michael van Praag - I think that was how Ajax's chairman was called Surely it's not the same Michael van Praag!? I can't quite imagine a club chairman being appointed national team manager...LOL

No, I never applied for the Manchester United job. They came after me which was very nice

I'm not sure if it is the same Michael van Praag or not. I can take a look and try to figure it out some time.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #523
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
January 15, 2013 -

Adu accepted my contract offer!

DARN!!! Eagles rejected the offers from Inter, Juventus, and most importantly Chelsea! He has agreed to terms with Lazio. Do I dare back out of the deal at the last second. That is so fraught with danger. Chelsea might not agree to the deal on the second time, or Eagles might refuse to go. Also, I'm sure I'd take a professionalism hit.. Thoughts anyone?

It's a long time ago now, yet, I can't help but say what I think... or rather, what I do, when that happens.

I just cancel all the other offers right away, when I get the dream offer!! I don't wait for the player to choose, cause with my poor luck he would always go exactly to the team that has offered the least. And I do it with no guilty conscience at all, cause I believe there's nothing unprofessional there - it's my job to do what is best for my club and, when the offers are different, I have the moral right to choose the best one. Even if it means cancelling the other ones after I've already accepted them (but, then, the situation has changed). IMHO, by no means that is unfair to either the player (he still has the option of rejecting the club I've chosen to sell him to) or the other clubs (they could just make better bids, if they want him so much)...

Of course, all of that does not apply for when all of them have made exactly the same bid and they are all foreign (or all rival) clubs - but that wasn't the case with Eagles.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #524
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. This is bringing up stuff that I forgot had ever happened. I gave that one quite a bit of thought
Old 12-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #525
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
Wow. This is bringing up stuff that I forgot had ever happened. I gave that one quite a bit of thought

Sorry to bring back bad memories.

I'm still catching up with your threads, but my guess is you never got Adu...?
Old 12-25-2005, 09:18 PM   #526
Christomir
n00b

And, BTW, sorry for not being able to be there to help, when you needed advice - I just hadn't stumbled upon your threads on google quite yet.LOL

Well, it's me who needs some advice now and I would appreciate some from you too, if you will
In this post - http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...d.php?p=993905 - I said I had negotiated the sale of a certain player of mine by the name of Silvio Correa (you could check him in the roster breakdown above there). But then, after I saved the game and slept on it, I started to doubt my decision. Luckily, CM 01/02 allows me to re-negotiate at every time, unless I've already accepted or they have made a final offer. But I still haven't decided what to do and that is one of the reasons for having frozen my dynasty once again (besides reading yours).

Should I just go with my initial decision to ask for what they offer, but all of it upfront (which they are likely to accept, cause they are "rich"; but, if Silvio becomes a star playing for them and they sell him for some big money one day, I would kick myself; plus they are a rival team and he could help them beat me)?

Or should I ask for the same, but with a 25% share of his next transfer to make sure I get something, if his career flourishes? That could easily make them give up on him, if they don't want him so badly and, if he continues to be inconsistent playing for me, I might regret not having taken the money and run. Or maybe it wont make them give up on him - dare I even think of asking for more than $6.75 + 25%? The trouble is I don't know how badly they want him
Old 12-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #527
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Just me but, if he's not going to turn out to be of use to you, I'd just as soon sell him and re-use the fund. [Although, obviously, money is not a big deal to your club at the moment.] I like the idea of getting the next sale share since he's young enough that he will likely fetch quite a sum, although, back in 01/02, asking for the 25% share seems to kill a lot of my deal.

My only actual concern would be the fact that it's a rival and the fact that he'll likely rise up and play better against you. But, eh, that's just 2-3 games per year!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #528
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christomir
Sorry to bring back bad memories.

I'm still catching up with your threads, but my guess is you never got Adu...?

Not bad memories

In fact, this is re-kindling the fire to play some FM

I never got Adu.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-26-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #529
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
Just me but, if he's not going to turn out to be of use to you, I'd just as soon sell him and re-use the fund. [Although, obviously, money is not a big deal to your club at the moment.] I like the idea of getting the next sale share since he's young enough that he will likely fetch quite a sum, although, back in 01/02, asking for the 25% share seems to kill a lot of my deal.

My only actual concern would be the fact that it's a rival and the fact that he'll likely rise up and play better against you. But, eh, that's just 2-3 games per year!

Thanks, Daedalus I've copied this discussion to my own thread now, cause that is where it belongs...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #530
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I agree with Daedalus' advice
Old 12-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #531
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I never got Adu.
One of the reason I actually managed to get myself to splurge (3.2 is a significant splurge for me, I'm a cheapskate) for Adu was you and this dynasty, actually. It became one of those "must do it for EF27 and The Dynasty, doggoneit!" thing.