Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2005, 12:30 AM   #151
Galaxy
Coordinator

I decided to delete my dynasty. I just turn the first of the year in January, and it's alot more work to type and keep pace. This game is too addictive to be patient.

Entering the new year, I am suprising everyone by sitting two points out of 1st, and play the conference leaders in my next game. We were predicted to be "safe mid-table". Chelsea purchased Real Madrid's Adriano for E41.5 million. The shocker of the entire game may be your United. They are in 12th place, 19 points out of first! They are still alive (and barely got through the qualification stage-Real Madrid didn't and fell to the UEFA Cup) in the Champions League (play Inter in the "Sweet Sixteen"). I am waiting for the Sir to be fired. No rumors yet. Manchester City, Birmingham City and Newcastle are battling it out for that last golden ticket, 4th place and the CL's berth. It's amazing to watch. Arsenal trails Chelsea by a point for the top spot. Milan sits sixth in Serie A.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-17-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #152
Galaxy
Coordinator

Dola...
Sorry to steal the thread...
How do teams "move up" in their reputations, as well as managers?
Is it possible for teams to reach the wealth and level of the Premier Clubs of Europe (Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Milan, Juventus, ect).
Old 04-17-2005, 12:36 AM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Dola...
Sorry to steal the thread...
How do teams "move up" in their reputations, as well as managers?
Is it possible for teams to reach the wealth and level of the Premier Clubs of Europe (Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Milan, Juventus, ect).

No need to apologize. I always appreciate questions and comments. I know what you mean about the dynasty. Sometimes there is a desire to just play and not type.

I think that both teams and managers improve their reputations by winning. For teams, they need to win bigger leagues/cups/matches that they weren't expected to win. For example, Harrogate's reputation improved as I took them up the ladder.

For managers it is the same thing. Win with a bad team, and your reputiation will improve. That is why I like to start in the lower ranks. It is easier to impress the media and fans by helping a lowly team rise through the ranks than it is to impress the media by winning a lot with a team that is already on top. At least that is my opinion on the matter.

Also, I started a huge career with over 20 leagues on the new computer. So far, it is running very smoothly I won't play it too much because this dynasty is my main FM passion, but that universe will be fun to play every once in a while.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:45 AM   #154
Galaxy
Coordinator

Are you using the MLS as your career in your other dynasty? I will keep you posted on the dynasty. It's awesome to have alot of leagues. I have all the premier 'European" leagues and USA, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. It's fun to watch the best teams in Cup play. How do teams move from Continential reps to "Worldwide" reps? Would seem to take alittle more then winning.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-17-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #155
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
No need to apologize. I always appreciate questions and comments. I know what you mean about the dynasty. Sometimes there is a desire to just play and not type.

I played about three months in two days. I'm still shock at Manchester United 19 points out of first, 12th place standing. If this game was a women, I'd hit it.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-17-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you using the MLS as your career in your other dynasty? I will keep you posted on the dynasty. It's awesome to have alot of leagues. I have all the premier 'European" leagues and USA, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. It's fun to watch the best teams in Cup play.

Yes, I'm trying to manage in the MLS. So far, it is cool, but I'm not far into that career because I've been on call this entire weekend and it has been busy. Actually, time to spend a bit of time with my wife and then go to sleep.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:12 AM   #157
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Are you using the MLS as your career in your other dynasty? I will keep you posted on the dynasty. It's awesome to have alot of leagues. I have all the premier 'European" leagues and USA, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. It's fun to watch the best teams in Cup play. How do teams move from Continential reps to "Worldwide" reps? Would seem to take alittle more then winning.

Adding to what EF wrote, you can increase team rep by adding players with high world reputations. Winning the Champions League has the largest impact on your team rep, followed by winning league championships, major cups, and minor cups, in that order.

According to Marc Vaughn, you can increase your world rep by going on tours of foreign countries, but I haven't been able to tell how much affect that has on the rating.

Teams move from Continental to Worldwide reputation the same way that they move from Local to Regional reputation, by winning.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #158
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

My favorite thing is when players list you as favoured personel. Had none on Rosenborg, then had my starting defenders and keeper list me on Marseille, and now Torres has me after one season with Real Madrid. And I managed to steal Freddy Adu from Liverpool in my game. I'm starting to notice the Americans are starting to catch up in my game. I have an awesome prospect playing on my B team, and Adu and a defender from the US starting. Also noticing other Americans getting a ton of praise.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:35 AM   #159
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
According to Marc Vaughn, you can increase your world rep by going on tours of foreign countries, but I haven't been able to tell how much affect that has on the rating.
If I remember Marc's post correctly, he mentioned tours having effect on the specific country you toured in. If my understanding of his comment is correct, it could be quite awhile before your touring will have noticable effect on the global level.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:13 PM   #160
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah, Chelsea can be a very fun team to manage

I don't know how is developing in your career or what year you are in, but if it is 2009 or later, I recommend you take a look at Christopher Eagles. He isn't a killer right winger, but he does nicely. Jeroen Schruers has also really impressed me. Of course, I am a bit biased
EF27,

frankly, for some reason, Eagles isn't very good in my game...

Chelsea fun to manage:
$205 million later...

Starting at Keeper: Iker Casillas. (84m)
Starting at one striker: Adriano. (80m)
Starting at right-wing: Dejan Stankovich. (31m)
Starting a d/dm rc: Steven Whitaker (3.5m)

Out:
Petr Cech to R. Madrid (45m)
Richard Carvalho to R. Madrid, as well. (12m)
Carlo Cudicini (2.3m) I think i screwed this one up. I learned to "do nothing" with other transfer offers.

it's crazy.

And then...

Out for 5 months after surgery: Wayne Bridge.

Last edited by finkenst : 04-18-2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: confused my defenders.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #161
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

dola,

oh, what are the requirements to be player-eligible for CHampion's Cup?
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:26 AM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A player is eligible for the Champions League if you declare him available before the tournament starts when you are required to submit a list. Also, around midseason, you can pick replacements (3 moves and removing a guy from the eligible list counts as a move.)

As far as Eagles not being good in your game, I would guess it is just the variability that seems to exist in every game of FM.

Looks like you have some nice pickups I really do want to manage Chelsea one day
Old 04-19-2005, 01:38 AM   #163
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
If I remember Marc's post correctly, he mentioned tours having effect on the specific country you toured in. If my understanding of his comment is correct, it could be quite awhile before your touring will have noticable effect on the global level.

That's probably the right intepretation. I think the best affect will be an increase in merchandise sales, if the game reflects real life. I've had great difficulty scheduling friendlies outside of Europe, so I really haven't seen any boost. I've tried to tour China and South Korea, but I always get turned down.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:39 AM   #164
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
A player is eligible for the Champions League if you declare him available before the tournament starts when you are required to submit a list. Also, around midseason, you can pick replacements (3 moves and removing a guy from the eligible list counts as a move.)

As far as Eagles not being good in your game, I would guess it is just the variability that seems to exist in every game of FM.

Looks like you have some nice pickups I really do want to manage Chelsea one day

Eagles isn't that great in my game either, but that's due to Man U not playing him regularly until he was 25 or 26. Now, at 27, he looks all right, but I'm afraid it's a little to late for him to really grow.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 AM   #165
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Your best bet at right wing may be Joaquin, Tim. He is one of the more highly rated right winger at the moment.

I believe teenagers are also eligible for Champions League, even without being declared to be on the European roster. I wouldn't quote me on that but that's been the case for me in both CM01/02 and the FM'05 demo.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 9, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Belarus' U21 Team. They should be more of a match than Andorra was but we are still expected to win handily. Their best players are keeper Boris Kamornikov and midfielder Vyachesalav Melnikov.

We are using the same lineup as last time. It will be interesting to see if Worthington can have another dominant game.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #167
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Your best bet at right wing may be Joaquin, Tim. He is one of the more highly rated right winger at the moment.

I believe teenagers are also eligible for Champions League, even without being declared to be on the European roster. I wouldn't quote me on that but that's been the case for me in both CM01/02 and the FM'05 demo.

Close enough, you can play unlimited U21 players as long as the player's been on your team for at least two seasons
Old 04-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

25 minute mark: Intricate series of passes between my midfielders.. finally from Wood to Lynch who passes it into the box to Worthington.. Worthington shoots from 15 yards out.. upper right corner... GOAL!!!! 1-0.

30 minute mark: Wood passes it to Lynch in the right edge of the box.. he centers to Worthington.. nice pass between two defenders.. Worthington in the center of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

35 minute mark: Kelly passes it to Worthington in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Lynch gets the rebound.. fires it into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

45 minute mark: Wood passes it to Lynch in the box.. he shoots.. it hits the right goal post.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us.

50 minute mark: Hall passes it to Worthington in the left side of the box.. he passes it to Lynch in the center of the 6 yard box.. Lynch shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

55 minute mark: Hall with a corner kick.. Lynch heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. it sails just outside of the box.. Martin Scott gets it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

59 minute mark: Peter Taylor on for Kelly, Bob Wright on for Lynch, and Luke Clark on for Hall at left wing.

60 minute mark: Clark steals it at midfield.. dribbles up the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to Worthington in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-0! That is Worthington's hattrick.

83 minute mark: clark dribbles up the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to Wright by the near post.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 7-0.

Game over. 7-0 win for us.

We outshot them 24-1 (12-0 on target)

Worthington wins MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 26 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 4 of 5 headers, 2 runs, 2 assists, and 3 goals.

Lynch and Hall also have a 10 for form.

Wood and Kelly both had 9's for form.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 9, 2012 -

Other international news:

Mickael Schmidt played well for France and assisted on a goal in a 4-0 win over Macedonia in a Euro U21 Championship Group Match.

Salva was brilliant for Italy in their 5-0 win over Luxemborg in the Euro U21 championship Qualifying match.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 10, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Belarus in the World Cup European Qualifying Match. We should be able to beat them handily.

GK: Kirkland
DL: Cole, Ashley
DC: Woodgate
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Cole, Joe
MC: Milner
MC: Gerrard
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney (who will only play a half unless it is close.)
SC: Moore

S1: Robinson
S2: Bridge
S3: Gardner
S4: Parker
S5: Smith
S6: Defoe
S7: Jenas
Old 04-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

22 minute mark: Eagles passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. it hits the crossbar.. the keeper clears the rebound.

35 minute mark: Cole crosses it to Rooney.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

41 minute mark: Cole passes to Gerrard.. he shoots from just outside the box.. the keeper saves it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

49 minute mark: Eagles takes it down the right wing.. crosses it to the center of the box.. he heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

60 minute mark: Defoe on for Rooney who is tired, Jenas on for Eagles, and Gardner on for Ferdinand.

66 minute mark: Gerrard passes it to Defoe in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

77 minute mark: Gerrard passes it to Jenas on the right wing.. he dribbles up the right wing.. crosses it to Moore in the right side of the box.. Moore settles it.. shoots... upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

80 minute mark: Brown with a long pass.. it's over the defenders head.. Moore races past the defender.. into the box.. dribbles.. shoots.. upper left corner.. it hits the post.. and bounces in! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

91 minute mark: Milner passes it to Defoe in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0!

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 18-1 (13-1 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 16 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.

Moore has a 10 for form.

Milner and Woodgate have a 9 for form.

Brown, Gerrard, Cole, and Defoe each have an 8 for form.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The press is thrilled by the quality of our win.

In other international news:

Jeroen Schreurs played well for Holland but they lost their World Cup Qualifying match 1-0 against Israel.

James McFadden had an assist in Scotland's 1-1 tie with Spain.

Zdenek Grygera played well in the Czech Republic's 1-0 win over Armenia.

Damien Duff had an assist and a goal in Ireland's 4-0 win over San Marino.

Cristian Chivu played very well for Romania in their 0-0 tie with Turkey.

Dalibor Stevanovic played well in Slovenia's 1-1 tie with Wales.

Tim Howard faced a lot of shots, but stopped most of them in the USA's 4-1 win over Cuba.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 13, 2012 -

Back to League Play!

Today we travel to play Tottenham in an important EPL Match. They are currently in 12th, but they are dangerous. We are in 4th. Tottenham's Carlton Cole is still doubtful due to an injury he suffered during our previous international match. Ledley Kingleads the defense. Pedro Mendes is the best performer in the midfield. Paul Robinson is playing well in goal.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's.

I'm going back to the 4-4-2 as my strikers are getting too tired and I need one or two more Attacking midfielders to make the other formation work. Also, with Downing back, I think the 4-4-2 will work well again.

GK: Howard
DL: Schmidt
DC: Lucio
DC: Marchetti
DR: Grygera
ML: Downing
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Fletcher
MR: Schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S1: Taylor
S2: Wood
S3: Alfonso
S4: O'Shea
Old 04-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Marchetti with a series of good defensive plays.

36 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles up the right sideline.. crosses it to McFadden.. he heads it.. good save by the keeper.

43 minute mark: Crap! Lucio gets called for a handball in the box! Penalty shot awarded... Runstrom steps up.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 36,000 fans here today.

60 minute mark: Fletcher gets called for a yellow card. I pull Fletcher and bring in Alan Smith to play AMC and go back to my 4-3-1-2 which I will break out to try to spark the team at times.

77 minute mark: Ledley king tripped Smith in the box.. penalty awarded!!! Stevanovic steps up.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

80 minute mark: McFadden with a two footed tackle on King.. he gets a yellow card.

83 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Mendes.. Marchetti with a key tackle to clear the rebound.

Game over. 1-1 tie, and yet another 2 points slip away. Least we got a point...

They outshot us 12-4 (6-3 on target)

Lucio won MoM (despite his goal costing mistake), 8 for form, 23 of 25 passes, 6 of 7 tackles, 12 of 13 headers, 4 interceptions, 2 fouls drawn.

Downing also had an 8 for form despite being rusty in his first game since his month layoff due to injury. McFadden also had an 8. The rest of the team had a 7 for form.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 14, 2012 -

Jose Luis Mendilibar's term at Arsenal was not long. He has been sacked today as Arsenal is in 14th place currently in the EPL!

Michael van Praag is among those who are believed to be in the lead for the job.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-19-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 15, 2012 -

Lucio was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Oct 16, 2012 -

I decide to let Michael Wood go on loan to Cardiff to get PT every day and further his development.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 17, 2012 -

Arsenal has hired Victor Munoz from Valencia to be their new manager. Munoz is expected to get the team into the top half of the table by the end of the year.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:51 AM   #178
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ledley King leads the defense.
Obvious bug in the game engine. Everyone knows Ledley King would already be Ashburton Grove by '12. As is only proper for a Spurs international centreback.

If only to piss off Spurs fans.
Quote:
Game over. 1-1 tie, and yet another 2 points slip away. Least we got a point...
You gave up points to Spurs?!? For SHAME!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:47 AM   #179
Tellistto
College Prospect

In my game Spurs were freaking beasts in the first 2 seasons, won the league in the first season easily, then barely lost it in the second. Now THAT'S a damn bug that needs squashed. Thankfully, in the third season they got player raided from hell and crashed and burned. I was quite happy about that. Not that I dislike Spurs too much, mind you, they did steal points from Liverpool this past week, which makes me happy as can be!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:53 AM   #180
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

They also scored one of the best goals seen in the EPL in a long time.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree that it was a shame Tottenham tied me. They always seem to give me problems for some reason, more so than any other EPL Team

Oct 17, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Fenerbahce in a Champions League Group Match. I don't think this team has very much talent. Their best players are their strikers Aksu Cafercan and Ozturk Ali. Left winger Mustafa Budak has talent as well. Centreback Christian Ziegler has been their best defensive player this year. Their keeper, Ozcelik Ali Melih has been average at best.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny and in the high 60's here in Istanbul.

Giving some second stringers a chance:

GK: Taylor (first big match for him)
DL: Silvestre
DC: Salva
ML: Alfonso
MC: Parker
MC: Cook
S1: Howard
S2: O'Shea
S3: Chivu
S4: Smith
S5: Ortega
S6: Rooney
S7: Duff

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-20-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:10 PM   #182
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Giving some second stringers a chance....

Just lik RL ManU did two weeks ago against bottom of the league Norwich.

They lost 0-2
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: King is caught from behind by a defender.. he has so much potential as striker, but the lack of footspeed really does hurt him sometimes.

10 minute mark: McFadden passes to King in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

15 minute mark: McFadden passes to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper stops it.

29 minute mark: Parker gets called for obstructing Ali in our box.. penalty awarded.. Aksu Cafercan steps up to take the shot.. blasts it to Taylor's left.. he dives.. it is past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

33 minute mark: Alfonso crosses it long.. King by the far post.. heads it.. good save by the keeper.

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 52,000 fans here today.

56 minute mark: McFadden is exhausted and King has been ineffective.. I put on Rooney and Smith at striker.

68 minute mark: Alfonso passes it into the box for Rooney.. the defense closes in and takes the ball away from him.

72 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Smith in the right side of the box.. he dribbles into the 6 yard box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

86 minute mark: Marchetti steals it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney just outside the box.. Rooney draws two defenders.. splits them with a sharp pass to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

89 minute mark: Marchetti heads the ball to Rooney in our zone.. Rooney dribbles past one man at midfield.. past another man 10 yards up the pitch.. past the 2 central defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! Sensational Goal!

93 minue mark: Salva with a good defensive play.

Game over. 3-1 win for us

We outshot them 15-5 (9-1 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 9 for form, 6 of 7 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 2 headers, 5 runs, 1 foul drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Alan Smith also had a 9 for form with his 2 goals.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK
Giving some second stringers a chance....

Just lik RL ManU did two weeks ago against bottom of the league Norwich.

They lost 0-2

Fortunately, Salva and Marchetti seem to have some good talent

Taylor hardly had to face any shots (except for that penalty shot.)

However, you bring up a good lesson
Old 04-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 20, 2012 -

Jose Mourinho is talking trash before our match with Chelsea tomorrow. I decide to ignore his comments and not reply.

Christopher Eagles is complaining that he isn't getting enough Playing Time and he wants to be traded if he isn't going to get more PT

Sheesh, he just came back from his injury, and I'm planning on starting him against Chelsea.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:51 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 21, 2012 -

Today we host Chelsea in a critical EPL Match. I honestly believe we MUST win this match if we are going to have any chance of winning the EPL Title this year. We are currently in 5th place, 8 points behind first place Liverpool. Chelsea is currently in 2nd. Chelsea has an explosive offensive this year. Our defense is amazing, allowing only 2 goals in 11 league games, but our offense has been weak. Chelsea's top striker, Adriano, is hurt for this game and that will likely hurt their explosive offense. Freddy Adu is the second leading scorer, and he will have to play well if they are going to beat us. Arjen Robben, Ricardo Carvalho, Sanli Tuncay, and Wesley Sneijder are all hurt for this game as well. Freddy Adu and Joe Cole will be the main guys in the midfield. Petr Cech is still a quality keeper. Paulo Ferreira is playing right fullback very well. Pablo Aimar is a great distributor. They are going to use Rafael van der Vaart at their lone striker spot with Adriano hurt. He is an interesting choice..

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's is sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

We are using our very best lineup:

DL: Chivu
MC: Djemba
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S2: Duff
S3: O'Shea
S4: Stevanovic
Old 04-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very interesting, my scout was mislead.. Freddy Adu will be at the lone striker spot today with Cole and Aimar at the attacking midfield spots. van der Vaart is in the center of the midfield..

1st minute: Downing has the ball stolen by Ferriera.. he trips Ferriera right after this occurs.. yellow card for Downing.. Downing doesn't seem like the same dynamic player this year despite great ratings at times..

12 minute mark: Good header by Lucio to stop a Cole cross from reaching Adu.

18 minute mark: Rooney passes to Eagles in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Cech dives.. tips it over the bar! Great save.

24 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. great save from Cech.

30 minute mark: Howard stops a 20 yard shot from Adu.

36 minute mark: Adu shoots from 25 yards out.. Howard tips a hard shot over the bar.

40 minute mark: Diego trips Downing.. yellow card for Diego.

41 minute mark: Djemba shoots.. it bounces back to Chivu.. Chivu passes to Fletcher just outside the box.. Fletcher shoots.. hard banana shot.. upper right corner.. Cech dives.. it is past him! GOAL!!!!! 1-0!!!

42 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Adriano in the box.. John Terry trips Adriano.. penalty shot awarded!!!! Lucio steps up confidently.. shoots.. lower left corner.. it's a blast.. no chance for the keeper! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

2 goals in a minute!

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us! We have over 91,000 fans here today.

53 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on Adu.

61 minute mark: I put Duff in for Downing and O'Shea for Lucio due to their yellow cards.

71 minute mark: Duff with a cross from the left corner of the pitch.. Adriano heads it.. good save by Cech.

77 minute mark: Smith on for Rooney who is tired.

82 minute mark: Aimar passes to Adu in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. tips it over the bar.

84 minute mark: Eagles takes it down the right side of the pitch.. crosses to Adriano 10 yards from goal.. Adriano traps..shoots.. upper right corner.. Great save by Cech.

Game over! 2-0 win

We outshot them 11-7 (9-4 on target)

Downing has an 8 for form and wins MoM, 15 of 17 passes, 0 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 1 interception, 11 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 23, 2012 -

Fletcher was named to the EPL Team of the Week.

Oct 24, 2012 -

Today we host Cambridge in the third round of the English League Cup. Cambridge is a vastly inferior team compared to our own. Their striker Simon Robinson is the only player who might be EPL Worthy, but he is only 20 and is very raw. Dean Davies is a mediocre midfielder, but their best in that area. Keeper, Danny Clarke should be overmatched by our offense. Centrebacks Peter Castle and Joey Hutchinson should also be overmatched. Cambridge is currently 14th in League Two.

We are taking a small chance by starting several second stringers, but I will leave Howard in goal.

We are 1-15 favorites!

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's.

MC: Mamam
SC: MCFadden

S3: Marino
S5: Cahais
Old 04-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Stuart Boardley gets a yellow card for tripping Schreurs.

9 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for elbowing Boardley.

14 minute mark: Great cross from Alfonso who heads it.. just wide right of the goal.

18 minute mark: Schreurs takes it down the right sideline.. crosses it to the far post.. McFadden with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

24 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to Salva in the left side of the box.. what is salva doing up there?!? He shoots.. amazing hard shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Salva scores!

35 minute mark: Schreurs dribbles past two defenders.. down the right sideline.. crosses it to King.. he heads it.. the keeper punches it over the bar. McFadden takes the corner.. finds King by the near post.. King traps.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 3-0.

43 minute mark: Parker passes it to Alfonso in the left corner of the pitch.. he sharply crosses it to the center of the box.. McFadden jumps.. heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0!

Halftime: 4-0 lead for us. We have over 62,000 fans here today.

58 minute mark: Cahais on for Marchetti. I also put Marino on for King.

68 minute mark: Alfonso takes it down the left sideline of the pitch.. crosses ito to the near post.. Marino with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0!

91 minute mark: Parker passes to Marino outside the box.. Marino passes it between two defenders to McFadden.. he is in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-0! That is McFadden's hattrick!

Game over. 6-0 win for us.

We outshot them 21-0 (11-0 on target)

McFadden won MoM, 10 for form, 17 of 18 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 11 of 15 headers, 2 interceptions, 8 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 3 goals.

Schreurs, Alfonso, Parker, and Schmidt all had 10's as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:52 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 26, 2012 -

I've come to an agreement of 8 million dollars for a very promising right winger from Argentina who is currently playing for Independiente. However, there is a strong chance that he will be denied a work permit. I want this player because I think Schreurs and Eagles are becoming too unhappy sharing the spotlight and I'll eventually have to move them.... also my scout believes Carlos Godoy has the potential for a legendary career, and from the video I've seen, I agree. The kid is lightning fast with great skills... I just hope that the WP goes through.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #191
Tellistto
College Prospect

May I just hijack this thread and say...

Everton beat ManU today!

That is all.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 27, 2012 -

We've drawn Leicester in the 4th round of the English League Cup on our pitch. They are currently 8th in the EPL.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto
May I just hijack this thread and say...

Everton beat ManU today!

That is all.

Tell

Darn

Oh well, hopefully it won't happen in my dynasty's world
Old 04-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 27, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Birmingham in an EPL Match. Birmingham is currently 9th in the EPL while we are in 4th. Birmingham is led by Scott Parker who is playing very well in the midfield and is their leading assist man with 5 and second leading scorer with 5 as well. Dmitry Sychev is their leading scorer and striker with 7 goals. Robin van Persie is playing very well on the left wing. Martin Taylor is a good right fullback who is pesky and can get under the opposition's skin. Keeper Jose Moreira can play brilliantly at times. He worries me as he could shut us down if he has a big game.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: Chivu
MC: Djemba
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S3: Marino (Smith is hurt and Marino is the next best striker)
S5: Cahais
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. showing that flash again.. passes.. the keeper tips it.. Adriano gets it on the right side of the box.. quick pass to Rooney in the middle of the box.. Rooney wide open.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. a defender blocks it.. Adriano gathers the rebound.. passes it to Eagles.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is Eagle's first goal of the year.

32 minute mark: Djemba intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney in the left half of the box.. rooney passes between two defenders.. to Adriano in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us. They have over 30,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Rooney.. Rooney shots from 30 yards out.. severe curve to it.. curving.. into the upper right corner.. the announcers call it a trademark Rooney goal! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

57 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from van Persie.

60 minute mark: I put Cahais on for Lucio who has a yellow card, and Stevanovic for Djemba who also has a yellow card.

70 minute mark: Howard saves a 25 yard shot from Sychev.

72 minute mark: Howard stops a 20 yard Scott Parker shot on goal.

77 minute mark: Marino on for Adriano who is tired.

83 minute mark: Howard stops a point blank shot from Scott Parker.

93 minute mark: Cahais with a good defensive play.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We each had 12 shots (they outshot us for on target shots 10-7)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 22 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 4 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Howard also had a 10 for form.

Downing had a 9 for form, and all other starters had an 8.

I decide to praise Rooney after this game.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 29, 2012 -

Howard, Fletcher, and Downing were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Paul Kelly has finished his loan at Cardiff and he was sad to go. He was hoping Cardiff might make an offer to make the move a transfer.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 30, 2012 -

Today we host Fenerbahce in a Champions League Group Match. Like last time, I will be using some backups. Hopefully, I won't need to use Rooney to rescue the day this time...

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 30's.

GK: Taylor
MC: Cook

S1: Ortega
S2: Howard
S3: Duff
S4: O'Shea
S5: Eagles
S6: Adriano
S7: Rooney
Old 04-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: They are keeping 9 men back.. we are having a flurry of shots blocked by their players in the box before they can even reach goal.

18 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Barry Parker just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

25 minute mark: Taylor with a save of a point blank shot by their striker.

30 minute mark: McFadden with a corner kick to the near post.. Parker heads it.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 81,000 fans here today watching the match.

57 minute mark: Alfonso passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

75 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs who is tired, Duff on for Alfonso who is tired, and Adriano on for King who is also tired.

91 minute mark: McFadden crosses to Ortega who passes to Cook.. he is 30 yards out.. he blasts a banana shot.. curves.. upper left corner... the keeper dives.. it is past him! GOAL!!!! 1-0!

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 22-3 (15-1 on target)

Their keeper, Erman Ergec, won MoM for his 14 saves.

Jamie Cook had a 9 for form, 31 of 33 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 1 of 1 header, 1 interception, and 1 key goal. A very good came for Cook.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We won 400,000 for that win (as we have for all of these wins.)

We have advanced to the 1st knockout round of the Champions League despite having 2 games left.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 1, 2012 -

The board is now pleased with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month. Andy Reid of Everton has come in 2nd, and Gareth Williams of Coventry came in 3rd.

Sean Brady of Everton has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Gianluca Giannini of Millwall came in 2nd, and Miguel of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Everton's Micky Adams has won EPL Manager of the Month. Kevin Keegan of Leicester came in 2nd, and I came in 3rd.